Review of CityMax

Vancouver, BC V6B, CA
Tel: +1-866-674-6966

wendeew1
4/9/17

I've had a website through them for over 8 years. I got a call yesterday saying the my site has been down for over two days. I tried about 20 different ways to contact them. But, it was a SATURDAY and outside of their customer support (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri) working hours. Something on my contact information with my account through them "changed" and I had to click a verification link. The problem: (1) the link they sent it to was something they created (not associated with my account), and (2) I changed nothing. I logged into my CityMax account and everything looked good..... so, what did THEY do to create this trigger and furthermore, they did nothing to rectify the situation. Its been over 30 hours now.... and my site is STILL not up. So, don't expect anything from them!

jilll22
8/6/16

Beware negative reports, those folks are affiliates for other website builders! Biased. Been with them 5 years, and a favorite feature is the Google sitemap you can customize yourself. There's also a great map of visitors, so you can see new people coming to your site and their location. There's a mobile version you can activate now, built in. I use the site for art, freelance writing, and the new products I'm developing and designing. Wasn't crazy about the store builder, but went over to shopify for that, and about to iframe imbed @ jill-lorraine.com, as I build more. Haven't explored the Citymax store builder for a few years, it might be better now.

nicolec65
1/5/16

For 17 years I had a website where I owned the web building programs. Of course there were updates and the last update was horrible. I decided to check out Citymax for several reasons. 1 there is a 10 day trial period to see exactly what you get before paying.
2 the amenities that come with the site are exactly what I needed. Especially the instant download feature and the ease to go mobile.
3, during the trial I had a few questions that CityMax replied to in record time, with personal courtesy, and through instructions.
I was able to set up my website in just a few days with ease.
I am thrilled with my new website. The ease to create, the functionalities, the appearance, the excellence in customer service, makes CityMax an outstanding company. If you are looking to build a new website I highly recommend CityMax.

joshc52
10/29/15

I used a different site builder before finding citymax. They have a lot of good features but I feel like they could add a few more in that would make them a lot of money. If they were connected with a credit card processing company that would integrate with a simple click I would use it. I would imagine citymax would get a cut or maybe they could be the credit card processing company. Would be nice to have some updated templates also. Overall I have had a good experience with citymax.

micheley2
7/7/15

We've had several online stores for the last 16 years and tried many platforms, but we keep coming back to Citymax. Other website builders we tried were so frustrating and the sites looked "homemade". Citymax is user friendly, easy to customize, has great features and doesn't require a lot of coding knowledge to have a great looking site and you can't beat the price! The main thing we appreciate is the customer service. I'm not a techi kinda gal and Citymax has always been able to help us through any challenges we've encountered. I highly recommend them.

carolec6
5/1/15

Easy to Navigate & Edit. Real quick Feedback and Follow-up.

sueg20
4/20/15

CityMax made it easy to design my site with content and their online catalog is easy to set up. You can add multiple products, same products with different variables, add custom shipping options and more. You can also set up several email accounts for your business and manage them with your login. You get notification for your orders in email and in your dashboard, so it's easy to keep track. The reporting is good and shows you where your orders generated. They have a good marketing section to help with your marketing efforts. There is also the option to add other products from Doba and a few other vendors right into your website. All in all, this is a good website provider. The support system is very good as well. I've used it 3 times in the 3 years I've been a customer. You can't go wrong with this service.

janetl24
2/11/15

CitiMax have had a relationship for many years I run two websites.
I have been able to learn so much basic html and if I have any problems at all I write a support request which is always very clear and if I still have a problem CitiMax will keep making suggestions until it's right. You can always switch to Easy Editor too if you want to easily change fonts etc without a knowledge of html.
Very decent price for all the add ons which we get for listing the sites and efficient links to paypal for the 'shop'.
Image storage very easy and getting better all the time we don't even have to mess with the size on images because with one click we can choose small mnedium or large whichever is best.
So thank you CityMax for being there.

edwards51
10/22/14

I have found the Citymax to be user friendly. Responses to my questions and requested help to make some changes were quickly performed which saved me time trying to figure out how to do it myself. Price seems fair to me.

abia1
7/7/14

I had no idea how to design a website, but the design templates offered made it easier. The choices were professional and great looking. Setting up the store was not a huge hassle. The best package value for your money. You get the domain and the payment method all taken care of.in one payment, thankfully. They have a huge database for products, so you can post as many as you like. There's no end to how many items you can have. I think the staff was well informed, and got back on to me on my requests. Really gone smoothly with them, everything was explained, I kept site for 7 years with them, but no freebies hmm? :)

keithb51
6/2/14

I have had two City Max accounts since I began writing in 2008. City Max provides outstanding information for the novice who wants to set up a website for the themselves.
I have been able to conduct business online with no worries. Their videos provide are incredible. The templates give you many choices of design for your page. Neither of my two pages look the same.
City Max has taken into consideration everything needed to do professional E Commerce. The customer support is top notch and thorough.
One big feature all online business people should consider is their referral program. This allows you to gain points which can be used to pay for the site itself. This saves you money which can be placed back into your business.
I would say to any entrepreneur you should have a City Max page if your serious about doing business online.

sylviab5
4/21/14

I tried out several website hosts and was very frustrated. Then I met Citymax and found it to be easy to navigate and maintain. We have been using them for about three years now and cannot be happier. Anytime we have questions or need assistance they respond very quickly and are great with their support.

We would not change for the world.

marilync9
4/8/14

I have been with Citymax for 12 years since-October 4, 2002 when I created my website. I have been extremely happy with Citymax as their Customer Service is without a doubt the most professional, friendly & helpful that I could want. The website is easy to use with shopping carts & allows for various modes of shipping along with online payments. I could not ask for a better website host than Citymax!

zoranr
4/7/14

I woul like to write about citymay. Its great and good web site. Thank tothis web site I was able to created so nice web pages. Its very easy to use
it and add pages, photos, articles...

I will continue to enjoy this web host

andread20
3/18/14

As far as E-Commerce Solutions go, CITYMAX.COM has got to BE THE BEST i have come across & i have tried them ALL!! All the features they offer alone are worth 10x's the monthly fee! So, anyone looking for the MOST ROBUS & ALL-INCLUSIVE E-Commerce hosting, this is it, plus for those who are not so tech savvy, this is also where you will thrive, regarless of your knowledge, or lack thereof ;)

ronv1
3/8/14

As Phase2Careers grows, CityMax has offered expanded tools to highlight our mission and services. CityMax is versatile, easy-to-use, dynamic, and serves all types of industries and businesses. I highly recommend CityMax, whether you are a start-up or a fully-developed organization. - Ron Visconti, Executive Director, Phase2Careers

denisem20
3/6/14

I have been with Citymax since it's inception many years ago. In fact, I started with CitySlide. The main reason I chose Cityslide & continued with Citymax was because it was so 'push-button' & easy. When I started, I was brand new to computers, let alone building my own website. As I started building the site for my historical society, I became more familiar with my options. When they decided to start the Citymax program for businesses/organizations, I panicked. I had already uploaded 200 photos, some of which I had no original to re-scan to the new Citymax. The kind and wonderful staff at Cityslide helped me transition to the new Citymax.com without charge. They have always listened when I've had a problem and promptly answered or explained every question I've submitted. The support is excellent and when I hear what some of my friends that are with other companies have to go through for support, etc., I am very happy I made the choice I did all those years ago. It's a great choice if you don't know what you're doing and it's an even better choice when you do know what you're doing! Thanks Citymax!

mariaw19
2/27/14

We are a small non-profit with a wide variety of needs: we sell tickets to events, provide information on a wide variety of events, and display videos and images of our artists. We have to be able to update information frequently and organize content. CityMax has been very easy to use, and provides us the flexibility to create a wide range of types of content pages very quickly. In addition, we have found the Help Desk to be very responsive.

cja6
2/23/14

My company has been using City Max for over a dacade, and have had excellent
results. We designed the site ourselves, and it was easy to do, and has all the
features we needed for collecting fees, and displaying our intentions. There won't be
many times in over a ten year span that problems won't occur. The site has experienced outages only ONCE in our time there, and City Max support team worked with us to compensate for the lone VERY short outage, going well over and beyond our expectations. We will contnue on with City Max, and if you are looking
for a place to hang your shingle, we would recommend you to use City max as well.
CJ Allen

evam16
2/12/14

I've been using CityMax for almost 8 years and am very satisfied with their service. They provide all the tools necessary to create a profitable ecommerce site with all the bells and whistles including a shopping cart and newsletter. It took just a few hours to have my site up and running. I am not a web designer, but CityMax sure makes it appear as if I am. I get many positive reviews about my site, and I owe it all to CityMax.

edies2
1/15/14

I had absolutely ZERO experience designing a website when I started looking for a company to host for me. I did some research and quickly realized the other sites had some serious fine print going on behind their, "flat rate" television advertisements.

Then I found CityMax. One flat rate, no hidden charges and designing the site could not have been easier! I can make all the changes I want to keep my site current and keep my clients updated about our services and prices. I have been a CityMax customer for many years now, and I have no plans to change that anytime soon. Couldn't be happier!

shondam1
11/30/13

Prior to using Citymax, I had tried several other site builders, but none of them ever delivered what they promised. When I found Citymax I was skeptical to say the least. As I read through all the features Citymax claimed was included in their site builder (for such a reasonable price), I thought they too were making promises they didn't intend to keep. I assumed that once I signed up with Citymax, all those "included" features would suddenly become costly "add-ons." However, I thought I'd give Citymax a try and I have to say that I am overjoyed that I did! Not only have they fulfilled their promises, they have gone above and beyond their duty to ensure my absolute satisfaction! Their support team is prompt, patient, friendly, efficient and absolutely outstanding! Citymax has made several modifications over the years, and they frequently update and add new features and templates, yet their prices still beat competitor prices. In fact, I have been with Citymax for several years now, and they have only increased their price (a very minimal amount) once, which I feel is very reasonable considering the excellent features and support they provide. The Citymax site builder is very manageable and easy to use. You have complete control over every aspect of your website design; colors, header, pages, etc. What they say you get is what you get! An easy to use site builder with everything you need to create a great website or online ecommerce for one low price, and no costly add-ons. You just have to try it to believe it! I wouldn't dream of using any other site builder. Citymax is A+++++

deenier
11/14/13

I used CityMax to build my first website ever and it was super easy to navigate and understand. In addition, their support team was great at answering questions and helping me out when I ran into trouble. I highly recommend CityMax!

cerisec
10/30/13

CityMax has hosted several of my business websites for the past 4 years. I have been extremely happy with their prompt responses to support requests and simplicity of designing my websites. Their templates allow multiple page layouts for customization and the interface is VERY user-friendly. I've tried other website builder companies and have found that none are as easy to use as CityMax. They continually add upgraded features to their templates and the designs are very nice. During the 4 years I've been a customer, they have only increased the price once. I feel it's reasonable due to the responsiveness and functionality offered by the company. I would highly recommend CityMax for hosting and website design services!

mg15
8/22/13

I've been a customer of CityMax for more than a decade, which, these days, is itself a pretty strong recommendation for such a service. Through that decade, my website has undergone many shifts in focus and design, all of which have been easy to implement using CityMax's user-friendly interface. And when I've had issues -- inevitable on any site and with any system -- the CityMax support team has nearly always stepped in swiftly and helpfully with a solution.

I should also point out that through that same period I have only experienced one price increase and, although no one likes to see prices go up, I have to confess that $24.98/month for the suite of included services (including e-commerce) is still a bargain. As well, the service is always being upgraded with new (included) features.

So, why only 4/5 stars? Well, no service is perfect. During the (very) occasional outages (mostly to do with email), communication with customers could have been much improved. As well, two features important to me are still missing: CityMax sites are not mobile-optimized, which, at a time when more and more people access the web via phone and tablet, is a serious lack; and there is no a preview function that would allow you to see the results of page edits/updates before they go live. Address those three issues and I would easily give CityMax a 5/5 rating.

Meantime, would I recommend the service? Absolutely.

Questions? Get answers from the CityMax staff and other customers.

CityMax?