Chatnow

Chatnow has a consumer rating of 1.38 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Chatnow ranks 102nd among Chat sites.

How would you rate Chatnow?

“The moment I needed a voice, it was there”

Jeremy S.
10/18/19

This is not a counseling service, its a place where you can find someone to chat to. On this specific evening I felt as if the world was collapsing, and needed anyone, someone - to talk to. Someone came online immediately, and listened and listened more, then empathized. My relationship with Christ did then come up, and as a Christian I welcomed it. The conversation was desperately needed at a moment that was very dark for me. If you dont want to be asked questions about your relationship with God, say so; they will likely share their own lives to that end, but will respect it. Thankful for the site and these people give their own time freely and genuinely care.

“AVOID”

Megan W.
3/4/22

It was actually a few years ago I used this service, but I've never forgotten how awful it made me feel. I thought I would add my experience when I came across these reviews. I spoke to someone called Pete about a really serious issue I was going through. He was insensitive, judgemental, weirdly argumentative and completely lacking in compassion. He gave me advise that was actually contrary to what the Bible has to say on the matter. He was also really unprofessional, not even typing proper English (he opened with "how are u?") and ended with some copy and paste prayer. It's concerning to see so many other negative experiences on here. It's really irresponsible to have these volunteers talking to what could be very vulnerable people, in roles they are clearly not cut out for. I hope anyone thinking of using them finds a loving church/Christians to speak to instead.

meganw435
March 4th, 2022

ms1230
July 11th, 2021

People are extremely unhelpful, not interested in listening to you at all eitherbyou get drilled about whether you a Christian or get sent links for someone push their own agenda and Mike is one of the worst counselors who I personally believe needs to be fired.

au37
August 6th, 2021

It was going well at first but Adelheid, my volunteer was not helpful. I am a teenager from a Christian family struggling with my sexuality, depressing and at times suicidal thoughts and wanted to confide in someone and have someone hear me out. He/she kept sending me bible verses, giving the same advice with difference wording and sending links that advised to change myself in order to be with God when I kept telling him/her this isn't something I can change. He/she didn't even try to think from my perspective. Walk a day in my shoes and see if you can just "stray away from temptation" like its nothing. At the end when I was still typing he/she just cut me out and left and didn't even hear what I had to say "Oh, I've helped you enough", no man, you haven't. I still feel like dying.

kylem662
March 6th, 2022

They ask you a ton of questions relared to your situation then they stop replying its RIDICULOUS they play head games matt and mike i would not recomend these false Christians to anyone, theyre more concerned for thier ego and belittling others rather than help them

summerh62
June 24th, 2021

This guy name Mike is not a very patience person. If you are talking about things that interest him.He doesn't care about you.He wanted to hurry up and get off the chatline. I don't know who he is trying to make a fool of, but I know he wasn't interested.It is funny how men like Mike lose interest when he hears about a woman talking about how her husband isn't being nice to her.Its like he turns a deaf ear and wants to hurry up and get off the chatline.He shouldn't take it personal its not "male bashing". I am so glad that I am the kind of person that when people need me I am always there. I never turned my back. Once again my parents were right about people like Mike.

axlf1
July 14th, 2019

Really disappointed wtth this chat, went there at a really low point and couldn't call anyone from church so just wanted them to pray with me and instead of doing that it was an interrogation of questions about when I "got saved" how I "live that out each day". I told them over and over again I'm Christian but they just ignored my answers like they have a script and have to stick to it.
Just awful. If you want prayer support go somewhere else.

ms580
April 29th, 2019

Chatnow is an utter travesty they don't try to talk to you about what's happening instead they just keep asking you questions like:
"are you saved? When were you saved?"
"are you baptised and when?"
"how is Christ shown in your daily life?"
When you ask to talk about the challenge your facing, they are more interested in treating you like you need to be converted, even though you've explained that you are a Sunday teacher at your local church and married to a trainee pastor"

The site is run by egocentric idiots and makes big claims to help support you through tough times but in fact does nothing of the sort.

Spoke to two guys called Emmanuel and Chris, and it was obvious they were not trained in talking to others or any kind of prayer ministry - a pair of amateurs making themselves feel good by repeating salvation questions.
Avoid!

jeremys385
October 18th, 2019

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Chatnow staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chatnow?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.4
Have a question about Chatnow?