This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Chapters.Indigo.ca

Chapters.Indigo.ca

Chapters.Indigo.ca has a consumer rating of 2.09 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Chapters.Indigo.ca also ranks 133rd among Music Other sites. The most common issues with Chapters.Indigo.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.1%

No positive highlights yet

• I immediately called customer service about what I perceived to be a technical error.
  • I would not suggest using your credit card with Indigo.
How would you rate Chapters.Indigo.ca?

“Responsible packaging for online shipments”

Torie R.
7/21/20

Hi Indigo: I just wanted to send a heartfelt thanks for your responsible packaging. Our books arrived today, and while in 2 shipments, both were packaged with the least amount of waste possible. Kudos to your order fulfillment team.

“Be Cautious”

Amy H.
5/13/20

Very disappointed in my recent experience. I ordered a book and was charged immediately in full. Not only did my book not ever arrive but it never even left the store! They refused to refund my money or help in anyway. Extremely dissatisfied. This is theft in my opinion.

customer service (13) credit card (6) canada post (5) order (37) book (31)
amyh661
May 13th, 2020
lorim424
February 23rd, 2020
I ordered a kobo and case online. I was supposed to have received it February 12, according g to their scheduled delivery. It is now February 23 and the product has not even left their warehouse. Since they created a label they say that they are unable to do anything. I have spoken to multiple people on chat and by email and not one of them has been helpful. They will not cancel my order, and they will not ship it. I guess they expect me to pay for a product they won't send to me? I don't care if they created a label for the box, until they actually give the box to UPS there is no way I can receive it. The worst customer service I have experienced in a very long time. If you can, order from Amazon, they at least have exceptional customer service.
lc37
April 15th, 2020
Not honoring their advertised discount codes. Charged different amount to credit card than reflected in the cart during purchase. They do allow canceling purchase though, if done immediately. Customer service acknowledging that discount codes might not work for all items, but doing nothing to correct the issue. If the code was not valid for these items, why it showed valid when applied for the cart until after payment? Ended up purchasing the item (needed it and not many shopping options during Covid) without the code but not going to become a repeat customer.
michelg41
June 27th, 2020
I reserved a book to be shipped at the Pointe Claire, Quebec store. The email stated it would be in on a given date. I went to the store at said date to find out that they were sold out of the book but had never put my book - day I had paid for - aside. The next day I called and was told my book was not in even though they had received a new shipment (although they kept changing their stories). Eventually I spoke with a manager who condescended to take a book from their inventory and reserve it. She was rude and told me that i did not understand the issues with the pandemic, that it wasd Canada post fault. I said how can it be Canada post's fault if your have copies of the book... She told me in a rude arrogant voice that she says reimbursing the purchase and would understand if I never shopped there again and hung up.
From now on its AMAZON!
maggiee27
December 4th, 2019
How can they advertise items on their website, deduct your credit card, then a week later send you an email that they are cancelling your order. During the Christmas season no less. It is companies that Chapters Indigo that make Christmas stressful.
torier1
July 21st, 2020
Hi Indigo:

penelopeb18
June 3rd, 2019
I found that this website has great service, and every time my books were sent to the correct address and had good sending time. I don't know why people don't like this website.
euthiaw
March 2nd, 2016
I've recently became a very frequent online shopper and even though Amazon is sometimes cheaper, with the occasional online discounts, and the various Reward events (like 5-10X the Plum Points) I think it evens out. There's also a pretty decent selection of the books I'm interested in (mainly Manga, YA books, and some Comics).

They generally, especially in the past year, do a very good job with packaging. I also get my books on average within 2-4 business days of ordering them, and I always choose the "Free Shipping" option. It's definitely not perfect though, as I end up returning about 15% of my orders due to damage, but to be fair over 10% of that is usually small stuff (slightly tattered edges/spines as oppose to warping/bent pages) as I am quite anal about the condition of my books. Overall I'd have to say that the wide range of payment options and Reward opportunities is what keeps me coming back.

Tip for consumers: It's best to become either an Irewards or Plum Points member, even if you don't shop there frequently. Reward members always get discounted prices, and most books have at least 5% off the list price online.

diademv
June 12th, 2017
• Updated review
I wrote a review before about my disappointment with Chapters express shipping. I gave them another chance and pre ordered the Harry Potter Cursed child (last year) and it arrived on time. I pre-ordered a Rose Gold Fitbit Alta HR (February 2017) and it also came on time. So If you are not in a rush to receive your items, Chapters delivers on time and there are no damages to the items.
Do not order online at Chapters. Indigo!
June 12th, 2017
• Previous review
I had the most dissapointing shopping experience at chapters. I ordered a S'Well bottle supposedly a gift to a friend. I checked online if there are any inventory in store near me so I can just go physically to the store, but unfortunately there aren't any, so I just decided to buy chapters online and pay for "priority" shipping. Well big mistake, I never received the item. The "check order status" link on their website does not show Canada Post's real time tracking update but shows their own tracking system which is very frustrating. Customer service said otherwise but no, I perused every inch of the website but don't see Canada Posts tracking number. What is more frustrating is I could see that the item was shipped from the warehouse but on the day it was supposedly get delivered, it said "re-routed due to processing error. Possible delay" and no updates onwards. I checked the shipping address I thought I made an error. I could not see any errors. So when I contacted the customer service they refunded me for the "priority shipping fee" that I've paid. Couple days later I checked again where my order was because there was no changes on the online tracking system and customer service replied to me that my order was "lost in transit". How can that be? The other day the tracking system is showing it was supposed to get delivered? I could rant all day but I just want to tell other consumers that "don't do it!" Order online somewhere else. It bothers me that their warehouse, online website and shipping services are inferior. Management needs to improve online shopping experience for customers.
bertrandv4
December 27th, 2019
I have been a member of Indigo for many years and have always been disgusted by their online service. Their customer service is terrible and their books take months to ships. They recently had a promotion and my order was put through before the promotion. Since it had not shipped yet, I requested that they return those items because I know they can do that so that I could repurchase it and get the discounts, Nope- would not do it nor would they let me speak to someone. What a useless site. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME USE AMAZON.
charlenec94
November 21st, 2019
I am very upset right now. I had an order of books that I needed for my class to arrive by today and I am being told it will now come in maybe tomorrow or even next week. I dislike when shipments are late and I don't have this problem from ordering with Amazon. I guess that is why I am surprised. I trust those dates. In fact, Amazon comes earlier than their predicted date almost all the time, making me feel at ease that if I agree to not go to a store to get something, I can count on that decision.

I also am angry that I get an email saying my books have Fully shipped and the order is complete. What? I look everywhere for them and for the postal note that maybe flew away. None. Why? They fully shipped to a warehouse I found out. WOW. THANKS. I feel good now that that is what you mean by fully shipped.

I don't want Amazon to take over Indigo's business, but if I ever need books in less than a week, I will not rely on their mailing service and just use Amazon Prime instead. Saving 10% from all this is not worth this headache right now as I am not able to start my unit. And in teaching, there is never enough time to get through everything as is.
daithet
December 10th, 2019
I ordered a Kobo reader 7 days ago. It was listed as "in stock", so I was surprised when I was told it would arrive in eight days. This is absurd in an era of next-day delivery in my location by Amazon. Guess what. That delivery date is tomorrow and it is now 9 pm and it hasn't shipped. It clearly isn't arriving tomorrow, but I heard nothing from Indigo. I called support and they informed me i must call tomorrow to determine a new delivery date. This is the last time I'll order from Indigo or buy anything in one of their stores. With service like this they won't survive long in an era of stiff competition.
caseyl90
December 18th, 2019
Like so many others here, Indigo's shipping practices have turned me right off, and I will not be shopping there again.

Ordered Items Dec 4 (plenty of time for a December 20th Christmas party, right!) Expected delivery date: December 16th. Perfect. 4 business days to spare.

They take their sweet time sending the items - 6 full days to be exact (why -- why?!?! They're all in stock! Confounded).

Check status today, December 18th: the item is 2 provinces away entering a sorting plant. MMkay. Looks like I might be empty handed for the gift exchange on Friday.

Never again. Not when Amazon is one click (and one day free shipping) away.
ashleyd133
February 19th, 2018
I have ordered from them on three different occasions. All three went smoothly. Prices were good, items were exactly as ordered and shipping only took a few days.
sylvieg8
July 7th, 2020
I will never know whose fault it was.

It was my first time buying online at Indigo / Chapters.
It was a book, for $36 (shipping cost and tax included).

(At first, Chapters/Indigo e-mailed me (following my request to Pay Pal to investigate the case) saying that the book came from a warehouse in the United States.

This was senseless to say, since it already had been at the Mississauga Canada Post hardware for 2 weeks!

It was shipped pm June 15th, and the tracking number says that it is still at the Canada Post Mississauga hardware today, July 7th (2020). (I live in Québec, at about 90 miles north of from Montréal).

On July 1st, I asked Pay Pal to investigate, and I got a full refund on July 3rd.

No question asked, with the tracking number, it was easy to see what was the case.

Did Chapters / Indigo write the correct adress on the package? The full address? Any address?

I know that with the current COVID 19, that packages are not being sent on time, which is really understable...

So, yes, I got my refund, and no, I'll never take any chance to buy online from Chapters / Indigo ever again.

Sylvie in Trois-Rivières, Québec.

UPDATE: July 9th 2020.

After 24 days of having being stuck at the Mississauga (Ontario) Canada Post hardware, it started to move yesterday (July 8th). This morning (July 9th), it was rendered here in town, where I live. I got an e-mail from Canada Post saying that it had been returned to the seller (Chapters / Indigo) because the address (mine) was incomplete on the box.

Me and my big heart, when I saw yesterday that the package had started to move, I wanted to send them back my payment, out of honesty.

But now that the case is really closed, that the book has been returned to the sender, I do not have to worry about anything anymore.

"Incomplete address"? This was my very first and very last time buying from them. I never had any such problems with eihter Amazon ( from which I buy a lot of different things from many times per year) and Better World Books (for used books), PetSmart.ca, etc...

Final update: July 22nd 2020.

There is absolutely no point of having an account remaining open with a company that you have (a lot of in my case) trouble with.

On July 16th, I asked Chapters / Indigo via e-mail to close my account (after having tried to get only 1 book from them!). They sent me an e-mail requesting that I replied to them, I did, checked what was my account 3 hours later, and it had been closed.

(The book is back in Mississauga at the company - I kept checking the Canada Post tracking number, which was still working and valid on its return to the company)

Never again...
serenas46
December 15th, 2019
Indigo! Am now going to be on call #4 to resolve an order I made BEFORE black Friday, thinking to get ahead of the shipping rush. Ordered 3 items. #1 to arrive Dec 5, didn't show, so checked shipping status - only the label created, item not received by Canada Post. Called, and after an hour on hold etc. found out that item not in stock AND no credit issued -- order in some sort of cruel Indigo purgatory... WTF? Me to agent "So you are telling me if I hadn't called, I would never have had the charge reversed on my credit card, and I never would have received the book?" Agent "Yes". Got credit, ordered book #1 off Amazon that day. Books #2 & #3 scheduled arrival Dec 18 - at least got email Dec 13 delayed... called, "is it at least in stock" Agent "going to fetch this and resolve that, blah blah shipping now to store... more blah blah... call if no email to verify in 24 hours". Called this AM 44 hours later "oh! Agent in error, need to give at least 48 hrs..." Ahhh! Have a feeling when I call tomorrow will get "oh! You have to wait at least 72 hours" Indigo please change your hold message "rest assured we are doing everything we can..." heard it ALOT the last couple days feel like you are telling me sweet sweet little lies. PS book #1 ordered off Amazon got in my hands 5 days later at my door.
kimj219
December 21st, 2019
Have a been a long time customer of Indigo's. I ordered my daughters Christmas gift on line, a month before Christmas. The ordered was to be shipped to store. I called the store on December 19th because my order was suppose to arrived on the 17th, they couldn't find it. I called customer service on December 21st and they informed me that it was delivered to the store on the 9th; however the store staff failed to tell me this when I called. I had two options, order from Amazon or Indigo, I chose Indigo. All my orders from Amazon showed up. Lesson learned... never shopping at Indigo again. Christmas morning is going to be very disappointing for my daughter. The one thing that she asked for will not be there.
vicj
March 18th, 2017
The customer in front of me was told, "You've spent more than $35, so you qualify for $5 off." Didn't pay much attention. When I paid, I was told the same thing. Cool! But when I heard my total, it didn't seem like it was low enough if $5 had been taken off, but didn't think much of it since I was in a rush to get somewhere. Looked at receipt when I got home. It was 5% off each item, not $5 of total. That was intentional lying, and employees willing to do it. Losing me very quickly, especially since I just got Amazon Prime. Honesty and good business dealing would have kept me much more than the ease of home delivery.
heatherl141
September 28th, 2018
Well, I've had quick shipping with well packaged items. I've had weeks go by before cancellations of items that appeared in stock, and semi-damaged items. I've had great customer service and poor customer service, it's really just case by case. Likely safe to assume if you are ordering a popular item that it will ship quickly, but if it's slightly left of center... it might not happen. I definitely wish they'd tighten up their online inventory to match what is actually available. I still do continue to order from here, so I suppose everything comes out in the wash in a sea of average online shopping.
philippec13
April 4th, 2019
Ordered two books from Indigo because I had a gift card to use. We are a week past the ETA and nothing yet, worse the tracking number says the parcel has never been shipped. Tried to contact them twice through their website and I never got a reply, even after a whole week waiting. Worse experience ever, worse after sales service ever, I should have thrown that gift card down the drain. GO AMAZON!
amandab197
July 11th, 2017
After issues with Amazon Canada, I decided to try Indigo. My order came earlier than expected. Fair book prices and huge selection. Very happy and will continue to do business with.
im31
December 3rd, 2019
CHUMPSTERS / INDI-NO-GO "executives" at head office, have you read the customer reviews regarding your shipping practices? I totally agree that if CHUMPSTERS / INDI-NO-GO were the only game in town, I too would brush those comments off like some of you "executives" brush dandruff off your pinstriped suits. But, alas, you are the biggest fish in the smallest pond. Though you might think that being such a "large" fish would preclude bad "corporate thingies" befalling you: history has proven otherwise.
This little fishie will swim with the growing school of fish that are swimming as far away as possible from you company.
jessicam946
September 17th, 2019
They don't ship out on time and make it seem like your book will be there and then email the day before it's suppose to arrive saying that it's not shipped out. Used to love their stores don't think I can support any more
brianw408
December 15th, 2018
I would not suggest using your credit card with Indigo. I know someone in customer service who offered me a credit card number and stated that many of her coworkers commit credit card fraud. Her name is Rumina Balhuani and i contacted management to report the situation and nothing was done. She has recently been promoted and no actions were taken to investigate the situation.
timb53
April 16th, 2014
Have bought from here several times. Always fast delivery, usually able to get free shipping, and prices are comparable to other e-tailers. Better prices online than in store usually.

You say "add to cart" and a botoom screen should appear that let's you checkout.

By Hal M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Chapters.Indigo.ca staff and other customers.

Shop Canada? ۪s biggest bookstore! Find bestselling books, toys, fashion, home d̩cor, stationery, electronics & so much more! Plus get Free Shipping on orders over $25 or Ship to Store for free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chapters.Indigo.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.1
Have a question about Chapters.Indigo.ca?