Chapters.Indigo.ca reviews

468 King Street West, Suite 500
Toronto, ON M5V 1L8, Canada

jessicam946
9/17/19

They don't ship out on time and make it seem like your book will be there and then email the day before it's suppose to arrive saying that it's not shipped out. Used to love their stores don't think I can support any more

jeanb203
9/11/19

This has become a crappy. Company to deal with. Parcels not shipped on time, parcels not Recieved. I'm done with Chapters.

penelopeb18
6/3/19

I found that this website has great service, and every time my books were sent to the correct address and had good sending time. I don't know why people don't like this website.

nathani6
5/7/19

2 times in the last month they sold my pre ordered books in store
instead on sending them to me (paid for expedited shipping) Was quoted a
3-5 week wait time a week after paying, Meanwhile the books were being sold in stores a
few hours away from me.

julial101
4/30/19

I place my order online just because I had a giftcard. Everything was in stock and it said would arrive by April 26th. On April 24th got a your order has been delayed message. I called and after being on hold forever I got the I don't know why it has been delayed and there is nothing i can do. The next day I call again and this time I get a little help that they are short on stock. HMMM sure ok. On April 26th I get an email saying they cancelled my order and my giftcard was refunded and they will still ship out the books from another location free of charge within 24 hours. Well 4 days later still not shipped. I will be using my giftcards only in store and will never order from Chapters online again.

philippec13
4/4/19

Ordered two books from Indigo because I had a gift card to use. We are a week past the ETA and nothing yet, worse the tracking number says the parcel has never been shipped. Tried to contact them twice through their website and I never got a reply, even after a whole week waiting. Worse experience ever, worse after sales service ever, I should have thrown that gift card down the drain. GO AMAZON!

keithb99
2/21/19

Indigo has messed up my order again. Earlier this week I shipped an empty box....empty!! I called Customer Service and a replacement order was to be rush shipped to my work address as the order was a gift for my boss who is leaving at noon today. I was concerned that the order was being shipped UPS with no guarantee it would arrive in time. I received a notice in the middle of the night that the order is being shipped to my house tonight. That doesn't really help me out. So the order is messed up again....I don't think that Indigo seems to care about getting it right. The order is useless now. Thanks Indigo for ruining a special moment.

brianw408
12/15/18

I would not suggest using your credit card with Indigo. I know someone in customer service who offered me a credit card number and stated that many of her coworkers commit credit card fraud. Her name is Rumina Balhuani and i contacted management to report the situation and nothing was done. She has recently been promoted and no actions were taken to investigate the situation.

russels27
9/29/18

They couldn't send my item, although it said online it was in stock, they just couldn't compute. It was either too hard or due to incompetence, they couldn't do it. Nor did they keep up any communication, after a week of waiting I called them and all they said it is at their US depot all of the sudden and it will take some more time. It was too difficult...

heatherl141
9/28/18

Well, I've had quick shipping with well packaged items. I've had weeks go by before cancellations of items that appeared in stock, and semi-damaged items. I've had great customer service and poor customer service, it's really just case by case. Likely safe to assume if you are ordering a popular item that it will ship quickly, but if it's slightly left of center...it might not happen. I definitely wish they'd tighten up their online inventory to match what is actually available. I still do continue to order from here, so I suppose everything comes out in the wash in a sea of average online shopping.

ubikk
9/20/18

Every time i order from them the item is damaged. Their customer service is horrible. Stay away from them.

cathrineb1
3/5/18

Paid for a book on Jan 17th, 2018 and I received an email cancelling the order on March 4th 2018. They took my money knowing that the publisher was not making any more copies of this book. Then tried to cover up about it, telling me the delay was not known about. Not good business.

ashleyd133
2/19/18

I have ordered from them on three different occasions. All three went smoothly. Prices were good, items were exactly as ordered and shipping only took a few days.

amyy20
2/19/18

I love ordering from chaptersindigo.ca. They have an amazing variety of products, competitive pricing, frequently have coupon discounts, they are on Ebates, have a fantastic rewards program and free shipping with a very low minimum purchase. I can not say I have never had issues ordering from them but I can say they have ALWAYS been AMAZING at resolving an issues I have had. I prefer to order online as the online prices seem to be lower (books especially). It seems odd but at the same time I can get where it makes sense, even though it can be frustrating. I still love going to the store and looking around, the staff is always pleasant and helpful. Probably one of my favourite stores!!!

korreyl
2/2/18

I ordered quite a few books from them, all at once. Half of them arrived on time, the other half, I was given the run around on as to when I could expect them to arrive. Once they began arriving, I noticed that a few of them looked worn, old. One had the spine unattached to the rest of the book. However, because I ordered them online, I would have to ship them back, paying for it, to have them ship me new books. I didn't bother. I won't order online from them again.

Tip for consumers: You'd have better luck going into the store, so you can inspect what you are buying, first. You also don't have to worry about return shipping charges either, if you shop in-store. You can also make sure you are getting the advertised deal, as well!

nathanielf15
1/25/18

I bought a book in the store to be mailed to me.
I was mailed an incorrect, cheaper, but related item (audiobook), When I complained to customer service they replied that the audio book, matched a UPC for an audio book....

Doesn't match my paper receipt or the more expensive price I paid for a paper book.

Super frustrating experience. (shipping time was super slow also)

kathyt85
1/7/18

Recently was at the Winnipeg Polo Park Store . Bought 2 journals that were 30%off on the online store. I bought a few other items and didnt notice till I got home I was charged full price fir the journals. Thinking they made a mistake I call and the manager informed they dont honour the prices on the online Indigo store.
She said you could return the journal order them online to pick up at their store to avoid shipping charges.
Really......what a waste of time.
Customer beware

louisec87
12/21/17

Bought a book on novembre 26. On december 5 , check the tracking and called the Post Office and they advise me that the box was opened and content was not inside. They told me to call Indigo. I called them on dec. 5 , 2017 and explain the situation, they offer to resend the book, I refused because I was leaving on vacation , so they told me they would refund my credit card. On dec. 21, I called them again from the USA, they told me that the refunded my credit card, I told them, no because I was online and there was no refund on my credit card. So the guy told me he has to send a note to the Dept. And ask again for a refund. He told me it could take up to 6 weeks before I get the refund. Never again I will buy from Indigo, service sucks. Promising and not delivering.

celinad1
12/12/17

I am deeply disappointed in the shipping process. I ordered a candle which came to me in shambles and then I received a replacement. Not only was the replacement candle in shambles as well but there was no fragile or delicate label on the box. As soon as I was handed the box by Canada Post I knew the candle was broken since I could hear the glass moving around in there. I will be receiving a refund but this is absolutely absurd. This gift was supposed to be someones Christmas present and not only did this get messed up once but TWICE. I also called customer service for the second candle since it was supposed to be express shipping, but it definitely was not, and at first they couldn't find my order which was not reassuring and it just goes to show how disorganized they are. I understand it is a very busy time of year but they're running a business and the order was already messed up once. I will NOT be recommending ordering through this site to anybody. I have been a customer for years and this is very disappointing. I got a $10 credit but since I wont be ordering from this site again I don't see much use.

albertr52
11/29/17

Saw a book on their website on sale for $29.34, went in to the store, it was $41. Most stores will pricematch sales in other stores but Chapters/Indigo won't even pricematch themselves - ridiculous. I will order it from Amazon. They didn't just lose this sale, I'll never go in their store again.

mages5
10/13/17

I was at Chapters Indigo today. Saw a pillow I knew my daughter would love. Took it to the till. The Clerk asked me if I knew that there were two costs to the pillow: $39 for the pillow cover and another $14 for the insert. Who in their right mind would pay $53 plus tax for a lousy throw pillow? Chapters is hoping you don't even notice and can slip one over you. So sneaky it's absolutely disgusting!

tf40
9/15/17

I called, nobody answered but let me wait for hours and hours, no live customer service! Indigo, if you keep on doing these to your online customers, we will go to BBB. Put it together, please like Amazon.

kenziec3
8/9/17

This website has lots of great books for a great amount of money! This website offers so many books and I haven't not been able to find a book that I want to order.

amandab197
7/11/17

After issues with Amazon Canada, I decided to try Indigo. My order came earlier than expected. Fair book prices and huge selection. Very happy and will continue to do business with.

diademv
6/12/17
• Updated review

I wrote a review before about my disappointment with Chapters express shipping. I gave them another chance and pre ordered the Harry Potter Cursed child (last year) and it arrived on time. I pre-ordered a Rose Gold Fitbit Alta HR (February 2017) and it also came on time. So If you are not in a rush to receive your items, Chapters delivers on time and there are no damages to the items.

“Do not order online at Chapters.Indigo!!”
6/12/17
• Previous review

I had the most dissapointing shopping experience at chapters. I ordered a S'Well bottle supposedly a gift to a friend. I checked online if there are any inventory in store near me so I can just go physically to the store, but unfortunately there aren't any, so I just decided to buy chapters online and pay for "priority" shipping. Well big mistake, I never received the item. The "check order status" link on their website does not show Canada Post's real time tracking update but shows their own tracking system which is very frustrating. Customer service said otherwise but no, I perused every inch of the website but don't see Canada Posts tracking number. What is more frustrating is I could see that the item was shipped from the warehouse but on the day it was supposedly get delivered, it said "re-routed due to processing error.. Possible delay" and no updates onwards. I checked the shipping address I thought I made an error. I could not see any errors. So when I contacted the customer service they refunded me for the "priority shipping fee" that I've paid. Couple days later I checked again where my order was because there was no changes on the online tracking system and customer service replied to me that my order was "lost in transit". How can that be? The other day the tracking system is showing it was supposed to get delivered? I could rant all day but I just want to tell other consumers that "don't do it!" Order online somewhere else. It bothers me that their warehouse, online website and shipping services are inferior. Management needs to improve online shopping experience for customers.

You say "add to cart" and a botoom screen should appear that let's you checkout.

By Hal M.
Questions? Get answers from the Chapters.Indigo.ca staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Chapters.Indigo.ca