This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Champdogs.co.uk

Champdogs.co.uk

Champdogs.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.17 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Champdogs.co.uk also ranks 318th among Pets sites.

How would you rate Champdogs.co.uk?

“I have learned a huge amount on this site”

corinne k.
4/10/12

I have learned a huge amount on this site - esp. about breeding. I haven't bred a litter yet - but I feel much much better prepared having read so much great advice from very experienced breeders. The site is fairly robust - so if you think it's OK to whelp bitches outside or to mate dogs without the appropriate forethought and health checks then this is not the site for you. Of all the dog sites I frequent - this one is the best.

“Rude & offensive admin”

M P.
10/30/18

Having not accessed the site for some time I tried to login to register our newly born KC registered pedigree pups. I was the start of some very rude, offensive emails received from their admin. They said because I had closed my account on past occasions I wasn't allowed anymore! Who doesnt close an active advert when all pups have found new homes??? On top of that I was accused of using gobbledegook' information?! As I was happy to clarify I actually have a court injunction in place against a family member so aren't able to use my real contact details in any public domain. Shocking , a very nasty lady!

corinnek
April 10th, 2012

The site is fairly robust - so if you think it's OK to whelp $#*!es outside or to mate dogs without the appropriate forethought and health checks then this is not the site for you.

Of all the dog sites I frequent - this one is the best.
kayj10
October 23rd, 2015
i emailed some breeders on champdogs of pyrenean sheepdogs but have never received a reply from them do i have to be a member of champ dogs before the emails go to the breeders
alisonh
April 16th, 2012
Excellent website. There are many experienced dog people on this site. People come on to ask questions about everything from behaviourable problems to feeding and whelping and health. I have learnt a lot and it is good that when you do have a problem or concern there is often someone that has been through the same problem and can give either advice or support. Admin do a great job but there is always someone that can slip through the net.
lindaa11
April 10th, 2012
Champdogs is good website.The owner does a very worthwhile job. People would be better spending their time having a go at the disgusting sites like e....z!!

The forum can sometimes suffer from one or two people being a little overbearing,
however, every comment made by regular contributors has the best interests f dogs at heart. It is a well run and valuable forum.
mp215
October 30th, 2018

Shocking , a very nasty lady!
judyy
April 30th, 2012
I joined this forum some years ago now and have found it to be excellent. Most contributors share their knowledge and opinions and are very clear as to which is which. The expertise offered freely to help others improve their care of dogs is unmatched anywhere else--a big thanks to them all and the admin staff.
daisyd2
April 10th, 2012
If you have a genuine interest in dogs and their wellbeing, especially when it comes to responsible breeding, this is the best site on the Net. If you're a puppy farmer or think breeding puppies is something to do "because it would be fun for the kiddies" then you'll find your ideas strenuously challenged!
kates14
April 15th, 2012
just got jrt from shelter. age unknown not barked since we got her. was living in a shed. VERYpossesive about my husband also her dog bed. any advise please
davep97
October 24th, 2016
Hi. Has anyone had any dealing with a lady called Leigh from admin as I am having a bad experience with this lady and now I have emailed managing director mark roach and he is not interested either I have been a member since 2007 and have had numerous problems and all I get is a sharp rude response and always from Leigh, I feel victimised as I have hd my future pay agreement cancelled because I merely asked why I couldn't access it with my user id and Password. Can any give me any suggestions please as no one from champdogs will reply to me now which is an embarrassment for champdogs more than anything. Thanks
clarer21
December 29th, 2016
This site has very mixed priorities, rejecting non KC colours (even though KC will register these colours) yet happily list litters of dogs with numerous health problems.... happily take your money then just remove your membership and not even tell you unless you chase them....
fizs
May 3rd, 2012
There are a few helpful friendly members on the forums but the majority have very strongly held beliefs that only show or working dogs should be bred from and will slate any other breeder who has only considered health tests and resulting excellent scores and temperament. Often the tone is condescending and sometimes aggressive towards those that do not believe as they do. It is against the rules to mention your breed if it is known you have a litter on the ground or expected as this is seen as advertising even if it related to your question and the reason they protect the site from this 'free advertising' as they charge to advertise on the site and so are protecting their financial sources. I would not recomment this site to anyone unless you show or work your breed as it is not friendly towards anyone else.
callyw1
April 26th, 2011
It seems champdogs like to make there own rules up as they go a long, and don't seem to apply them to all there members, that can make you feel victimised, then when challenged they do not repsond to your questions. I would not waste any more of my money on them.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Champdogs.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champdogs.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.2
Have a question about Champdogs.co.uk?