CarHistory

CarHistory has a consumer rating of 4.25 stars from 381 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. CarHistory ranks 2nd among Car Buying sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 52.5%

• Get your vehicle history report and get the peace of mind along with your purchase.
  • It is very easy to use and fast reporting great customer service I would say to anyone use this site.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CarHistory?

“Great”

Jesus R.
11/8/20

Great I like to know this vehicle 1HGCV1F37KA091093 information tile because the owner is doing Racketeering Expropriation here on Chicago IL U.S.A. with other people they want to Expropriate kidnapping kill our Children's and to Taylor Alison Swift Slave us take us away from our self they want to remove my Husband Wife from me and this is not good we need the information to defend our self's and call our attorneys, Thank you in advance,

“Beware”

David G.
4/27/21

Says $1 for first report but charges full monthly fee upon initial request for first report. I called number on my card to find out why it was declined. Carhistory attempted to bill $18.95 to my $10 prepaid card is why it was declined. I did see they posted a monthly renewal but I only want 1 report and was willing to cancel but not when I must request a refund. Does the first report really cost $18.95 with a full month subscription? I'd rather pay Carfax $40 than deal with misleading advertisers. Beware.

vehicle history report (4) customer service (8) great service (3) vehicle report (4) good site (5)
jesusr167
November 8th, 2020

davidg94
April 27th, 2021

erikb228
December 25th, 2020

I was skeptical at first, but for only a dollar I decided to try it. Excellent information with fast turnaround. Thanks!

davidr2959
December 8th, 2020

I need to know who owns it now. I salvaged to a local junk yard.Lo and behold I cancelled the insurance and state of Florida took my drivers license. I don't know who the junk was because they sent a tow truck. I gave the title they gave me the money. I expected to see more but if things don't get reported than how are carhistory know?

andreaf277
October 22nd, 2020

Super easy to complete. Quick. Very informative. Really made me feel alot easier about buying a used car. Highly recommend this site.

davidg2979
November 19th, 2020

Report allowed me to save money by showing me the same exact information as those over priced sites.

crystalr263
December 25th, 2020

Accurate information, quick, simple, and no hassle. I would recommend to others, who are seeking information on a vehicle.

joseld
June 21st, 2020

I fell into their trap and thought it would just cost me a dollar to find out the history of the car I was interested in. I don't recalled reading it was going to be a monthly fee. I thought I cancelled it but apparently that didn't happened. I was charged $18.95 since October of 2019. That's a whopping $170.55 out of my account for a service I only used once. Stay away is the safest thing to do.

peterb1253
October 12th, 2020

Read before you click. The Report is what I wanted but I thought it was going to be $1. Always read the fine print people.

leannao6
October 28th, 2020

This site was very helpful and through. It helped me make a decision on buying the vehicle Iwill be sure to do all my business with them

botj
December 16th, 2020

The vehicle information provided was accurate, but it did not include the information that I was seeking (the buyer info). Also, it was advertised as only costing $1.00 for the report I got, however when I looked at my bank statement the following day, they had in fact, charged me $18.75.

davidw480
May 29th, 2020

This is a SCAM
This is a SCAM. They say they will charge you $1 for the report but they automatically sign you up for $18.95 per month for a whole year? It's a bait and switch... a good old fashion scam. They must get many unsuspecting people that never check their credit card statement. User Beware! These dudes are straight up crooks.

dennisb699
October 28th, 2020

You think you agree for a $1 single report, but there is hidden an $18.99 X 12 Bull$#*! plan that if you do not UNCHECK it, you get screwed! They'll agree to stop the payments. Good luck getting your $17.95 back.

kristopherd25
December 4th, 2020

Very helpful in chat now waiting on last tid bits and couldn't be happier. I hope to get all the info as so far ive got a lot of it right away for really cheap!

richards2729
December 16th, 2020

I was very pleased with the information given it help me out a lot in knowing more important information about my vehicles History. Any other additional information that was necessary to my benefit!

michellem2146
December 22nd, 2020

I was happy to receive my results for a vehicle I was thinking of purchasing. It was very quick & easy! The results were more detailed than what I got from the dealership! Very happy & will defiantly use this site again during my vehicle search!

alberts274
December 2nd, 2020

I'm not seeing some of the information I was looking for... maybe I need to study it some more... like the different owners... service records... etc

jw796
December 6th, 2020

I was looking to check some basic info of a car before purchasing from a private seller. I was shocked that this only cost me $1 from CarhistoryCalifornia. I got the basic things I needed in just a few minutes. Best one buck ever spent.

robb336
December 10th, 2020

Need a vehicles VIN quick... and I got it plus a lot more with CarHistory! Very thorough report with some helpful information.

scottg937
December 22nd, 2020

Although it states you will only be charged $1 for the report then hits you with a $18 bill the report was pretty detailed. I was pretty satisfied

joeg704
December 22nd, 2020

Great service real quick and easy everything was right forward and got me what I needed will use again if needed

bobbieh71
December 22nd, 2020

Full report with ownership information not provided prior to review screen. I do not have 100 characters for a review.

mosesm194
September 16th, 2020

My review was excellent everything I asked for and moreI did not have to wait long I got information about auction water damage the motor the tires everything and sound thank youw

pauls2635
December 21st, 2020

Service is pretty accurate all the information is based on the car what it looks like information on the vehicle recalls on the vehicle. Everything came out really nice, very detailed would recommend it to a lot of people

denisep481
December 20th, 2020

It was quick and easy. I got all the information that I needed within minutes. I really appreciate this service considering that there are others that provide the same information at a high cost.

It's $18.95, they scam people saying it's only $1 and just keep charging you

By lindsey a.
See more answers (3)

Hello Mark. Can you please provide me with your email address that you created your account with and I will immediately refund the amount

By Karmen J.,