Review of ByOwnerMLS

Tel: 888-370-2111
Admin@byownermls.com

stephenj146
9/7/18

To the ByOwner MLS people - consider firing DRSListing.com. They are the worst. To prospective clients of ByOwnerMLS. The negative reviews are true. These folks do not list your property on the MLS. What they do is outsource to other even cheaper and shadier outfits. At least that's what they did to me. They took my money, sent me to an incompetent flat fee broker who then charged me an additional $25 cancellation fee after doing the worst job imaginable totally butchering my MLS posting. Can they do that? Can one company charge you a flat fee, then send you to another company that requires that you pay another fee or else they won't deliver the service you paid the other guys to do? If that's illegal the count me in on the class action. According to what this guy posted to the MLS my 4 bed house has 9 fireplaces and the only comment worth putting in the description is that "This property backs to a greenbelt". No phone to show phone number. Never answers the phone just voice mail. Really? AVOID!

jordans139
7/4/18

Do not use this company, they have completely ignored all of our email and phone calls for the past four months trying to get a refund. They did nothing for us and will not talk to us. Do not use this service

johnd1471
5/16/18

They would not list on MLS as described. I'm still waiting on my refund. Horrible customer service. Same company as MLS My Home. Here's their refund link:
Please spam this baby.

kaylas54
12/15/17

I have been trying to get my money refunded since the first week of November. Everytime I reach out, they say the accounting department isn't in and they will let them know to process it, probably in hopes that I will just forget. Today is my 4th time reaching out and what do you know? The accounting department isn't in! This company is a total joke.

berniceh23
11/11/17

I had a great experience with the site and customer service. It is easy to use and simple. My customer experience was great and friendly.

alext113
10/8/17

Please express your displeasure to Michael Smith at 972-668-4629 or 972-668-4628. These are the home numbers of the listed owner of this website as per ICANN. Since he plans to screw people out of money, he can also at least plan on having telephone calls about it.

melissam216
9/3/17

I submitted on 8/4. They immediately told me my listing was syndicated. It was not and I informed them. On 8/11, I requested a refund. They responded with a form that is not normally searchable on their website, which I believe they do on purpose. I finally did reach them at their private telephone number found in the ICANN Whois search.at 214/504-4517. They were not happy that I could locate them this way. I hope this helps other people recover their money.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

kimberlyb105
7/10/17

The package I purchased indicated that my home listing would appear on these other services -Active same day FSBO Syndication! Syndicated to over 100 National FSBO exchange sites. Listed on Trulia, Zillow, Oodle, Propbot, Yahoo, Google, MSN, AOL - only that wasn't the case. Property was listed in early May. By mid-July, still not listed on other sites. When contacted to assistance, response was - not our fault, other sites didn't pick up the listing, we can't do anything about it except email your listing to the other sites and maybe they will address directly. False Advertising about capabilities and integration, no accountability, poor customer service. Don't use them.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

chelseej
4/11/17

Byownermls.com advertised that their service would be available in my area. I purchased only to have the respond the next day telling me that it wasn't available. To get my money back I had to submit a refund request. I did so and emailed them regularly about it. After three weeks there is still no refund, even after multiple phone calls, voicemails, and emails. DO NOT USE them! Total ripoff, false advertising and terrible customer service.

am8939
3/15/17

The listing packages say "no additional listing fees" and other such promises that are very misleading. They do obligate you to pay a realtor's commission. They have terrible customer service. Never do business with them.

artier8
3/9/17

Misleading form the ad on many counts. First it is not the price you pay, whatever level you pick there is a $50.00 service charge. Then after you pay you need to sign document giving some lawyer $295.00 if you sell your home. Now if you ever listed your home before you may have had professional pictures taken if you try to use them they will not let you. They claim there is a watermark on them so you can't use them. Now you need a pro to pay for pictures yes you can do them yourself if you have a wide angle lens on your camera. If you ever looked at houses online wide big rooms and when you get to the house they are so much smaller in person,that is the camera. Now the people coming my not like the house but you got them there. I will call in a few hours and ask for refund and see how that goes. There is also plenty of forms to fill out where you might not know the answer in fact there may be many things you may not know about your home if you leave something out they will not accept the form.

maryh294
2/22/17

ByOwner website states: Before you are listed and syndicated you may request a refund of your listing fee. You may request a refund up to 30 days from your purchase date and you have up to 60 days from the purchase date to complete your Listing. We sincerely request an opportunity to correct any issues or problems but if we are unable to do so, you may request a refund by calling us at 888-476-9990. Once your home is listed your listing fee is non-refundable. I placed an order on January 30 and made a written refund request on February 2 (before being listed & syndicated) and have not yet been refunded the $149 flat fee charge charged to my credit card on January 30. I have not received any refund as promised multiple times. No one answers their phone--always goes to voice mail. ByOwner said I would be getting a refund, but it never happened. The most unethical, worthless $149 I ever spent. They are totally unprofessional in EVERY possible way.

danielh138
9/27/16

Worst company ever! No posting after 4 days on any website! Applied for refund, Jeannie Spencer said it could take up to 2 weeks. 26 days later still no refund. Every time I called no matter which department, it always sounded like the same woman. They actually hung up me! This is just a money scam!! I finally had to call my back to post a claim against them, thank God for my Bank they did the right thing and went after them to get our money back.

martinn19
9/22/16

ByOwnerMLS is absolutely unprofessional - nothing happened for 5 days after I paid for full service, so I decided to cancel the service. They have no shame keeping your money after I asked them to refund me. They said they would refund me, but instead decided to defraud the money - unbelievable how disrespectful ByOwnerMLS deals with their customers - do not use them, unless you want to throw your money in a fire pit ...

nicolew84
8/16/16

This has been one of the most unprofessional websites I've ever worked with. I paid them $200 to list my house on the MLS sheet which they promised to do within 24 hours but after days of no response, they finally informed me that someone would contact me and never did. Then a few days later I finally asked for a refund as my house sits on the market with no listing. I submitted the refund paperwork and never heard back so I send an inquiry email and of course no response. The following week I call to follow up and reach the one and only person who seems to work for this location and she informs me that they only process refunds when they can get to them because the person doing that job only works 3 days a week and he can only process so many when he's at work and that they could need more than 2 weeks to get my money back to me. I then informed them that I understand their employee only works 3 days a week but I work 7 and I need those funds back so I can sell my house because I have not been able to do that waiting on them. She very rudely cut me off and said that she can inform him and suggested they can try to have my paperwork done by the following evening but I still had to wait longer for my refund and then hung up on me. Very rude and unprofessional, unorganized, no communication and understaffed to meet home sellers needs. Don't let them take your money!

Questions? Get answers from the ByOwnerMLS staff and other customers.

ByOwnerMLS?