Buyacar

Buyacar has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 9 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Buyacar also ranks 181st among Car Buying sites. The most common issues with Buyacar are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Buyacar?

“Some teething issues - but we got there in the end”

Joseph S.
9/11/17

I purchased a B-Max from BuyaCar last week, the process was as follows: 1. Found the car I wanted on their website 2. Paid the £199 deposit 3. Had a nice chat with Jacob 4. Organised my finance through them - took minutes 5. Given a delivery date 6. Received the car on the correct date and in the condition that was promised. A painless experience and a very helpful sales / operations team - who ensured that my documents were returned within 24 hours and clearly have their fingers on the pulse. Some issues after taking delivery of the vehicle, however, after some discussions we resolved the problems.

“RIP of scam”

Tony L.
3/3/20

Scam me out my money dont use this please and defo do not send them money ever will be nice till got your money

tonyl333
March 3rd, 2020
jamese319
August 6th, 2019
I was very surprised to buy a year old Mercedes with no service history. I thought the absolute minimum is a service on purchase before delivery.?
dannyc190
December 17th, 2019
Do not go near this lot.
I bought my nissan X trail from buyacar in march 2019, under 5000 miles later the turbo and 3 tyres needed replacing, brakes were rusty and also need replacing, took it to nissan to do under warranty to be told warranty is void as the car which was first registered in may 17 was not serviced again until sept 18,4 months late which voided manufacturers warranty. Buyacar also sold me an extended warranty which was already void because of the non service history. When I asked buyacar to look into this they said I should have known the car needed serviced after six months so basically blamed me even though they never told me or gave me any paperwork to let me know,
After checking the phone calls they admitted not telling me this information but I'm left with an undrivable car and a massive bill if I sort it, trading standards, ombudsman etc will be contacted.
floppyf
October 4th, 2019
Fond a car, paid the deposit, then after wasting an hour on the phone, they tell me it has been sold to someone else...?
ayeshaa34
May 10th, 2020
When I initially brought the car, the customer service was great. They were so helpful. I had purchased my first car which was a Mercedes Benz C220d Convertible. It was delivered on time and was clean and spotless.

Had the car for 2 weeks and the chrome bar between the window and the door on the driver side had dropped so now it looks uneven. Also, the AdBlue had already run out so I had to buy more and fill it up myself.
There was only 16,000 miles on the car when I had received it, but 3 weeks in, only having done around 100 miles and I already had to change the front 2 tyres, which had cost me £120 each.
I had gone away on a weekend trip and not driven the car for about 3 days. When I had come back and turned the car on, I had a message on the screen which said "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative" and the yellow engine warning light was on. Having called a few car garages and the nearest Mercedes dealerships, they had all told me that it doesn't seem to be dangerous and I could drive the car as normal.
I then decided to take the car to a mechanic just to run a quick scan and see what the issue actually was. The mechanic had run a diagnostics test and then told me that there are 48 systems in the car, majority of which had issues or underlying faults. None of which I was told before I had purchased the car.
I then contacted BuyaCar and was told by a lady that I'd be contacted the within a few hours or the very next morning by a man named Tom James. I had waited for the call but it never came. 2pm the next afternoon and I decided to call back and ask for Mr "Tom James". As the day before, I was told he was on lunch and would call me back. An hour later and I received the call. I had explained the situation to him and he was abrupt and rude and told me to email him the diagnostics. Since that day I had only driven the car to nearby places, the supermarket etc.

A couple of weeks with this issue and today I got in, waiting to take my mum to the chemist and tried to turn on the car and it failed to turn on. I have only had this car for 4 months and I am extremely annoyed that this has happened. I will be contacting them to resolve this issue and if they are not willing to help, I have no choice but to take legal proceedings.
albertandreis
May 2nd, 2019
This is how it went:

1. Found a car on their website
2. Paid for reservation
3. Killian Govinden called me to arrange everything
4. The next day my car got sold to someone else

Overall: Useless website/staff/services + a waste of time.

I'll make sure to include this review and overall experience to my 1.7million viewers on YouTube, aswell.

Totally avoid this website if you value your time!
josephs240
September 11th, 2017
I purchased a B-Max from BuyaCar last week, the process was as follows:

1. Found the car I wanted on their website
2. Paid the £199 deposit
3. Had a nice chat with Jacob
4. Organised my finance through them - took minutes
5. Given a delivery date
6. Received the car on the correct date and in the condition that was promised.

stevenw118
July 28th, 2017
A poor experience from the very start to the very drawn out finish. Having decided to reserve a BMW allocated as 'in stock' on the website for the stated deposit amount of £200, that was the last time I was truly happy when dealing with BuyaCar. I was then told that the car I had reserved had actually been sold already, sighting a delayed website update for the error. BUT, they then put me through to their buying department to find me my perfect car matching the same spec.

This took 4 days, but eventually I was offered a car that matched the spec and mileage I required. They sent low res images to look at (not the usual high res images on the website), sounded good on paper so I proceeded.

Then the deposit amount to secure the car went up, to £500. It did not affect the total cost of car, so I issued the extra money for payment. Financial paperwork came through eventually, delivery date of car established.

Car arrives (without the call 1HR ahead as agreed as the driver was not given my number). The car, which please bear in mind had a new MOT issued a week prior - was delivered with - an illegal bald tyre, warning lights on the dashboard about break fluid change being a month over due, brake pads that were down to the metal and illegal, dents and scratches to the exterior, overspray all over the car and clear evidence from a previous body repair paint job on front wing and rear quarter, filthy interior (it had not been cleaned let alone valeted), scuffed front alloys wheels and to top it off, the smell and physical evidence of illegal weed in the car!

And here is my advice to anyone considering buying a car this was, SEND IT BACK and do not sign for the car. I called BuyaCar when the car was delivered, emailing photographs off all issues. I was apologised to and reassured that all issues would be resolved at thier cost.

So I signed, putting too much faith in them as it is now apparent. It took my actions of taking it to garages to get prices for brake pads and brake fluid change, they requested second prices from other garages that I had to take the car to during my working week. Eventually they get the Tyre and brake pads renewed, so at least its legal.

Then another week to get a valet company to clean the car, only after the car is clean can they then get the bodywork assessed for repairs. It was cleaned, then a week later and now dirty they send out a 'paint chip' mobile company to assess the paint work.

The company they sent instantly says they cannot do it as it's a bodyshop shop to rectify the issues. I reported this to BuyaCar. A week later I have heard nothing back, so I instigate a bodyshop company to supply a quotation to rectify. They did not like the price and wanted another quote, trying to send me another mobile paint repair company (clearly not understanding that mobile companies cannot rectify), I also spend time going to 2 further bodyshops to obtain more quotes for them.

They did not like these costs either. So, 5 weeks since delivery of car they now say that they will collect the car and return back to me in top condition. 5 weeks to decide this? I just want a car that looks like the money I spent on it - £21k!

They refused to supply a loan car for the duration of repair. The nearest bodyshop that they use, was over 220 miles away! That's nearly 500 miles being added to my car.

By this stage I just wanted it done and finished with. Various delays followed in getting car back to me, and when it was - despite m emailing photos of all the areas that needed attention, 3 separate areas were ignored completely.

Oh - and with various communication it was suggested that they did more than they should do, going 'above and beyond' to please me!

Be very careful if you are using this company, read all reviews you can and you will soon work out they have many issues from many clients.

I have all the correspondence and notations of my experience, when listed out its indefensible although I'm sure they will disagree.
miker6
June 25th, 2010
This company will take your order take £3000 deposit and tell you after you chase there delivery date up (15 weeks) they carnt get your car then return your deposit with a note saying we are sorry your cancelling your order with us

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Buyacar staff and other customers.

Get a great car deal from the comfort of your home? ۢ The best prices on new and used cars? ۢ Cheap finance and home delivery? ۢ Money-back guarantee

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buyacar?

Have a question about Buyacar?