Review of Bulkfoods.com

Toledo, OH 43607, US
Tel: +1-419-537-1713

alexa408
7/12/19

I ordered the powdered spinach, powdered kale, and dried orange peels. The spinach and kale powders were lighter than similar products I have purchased from other venders and that I have made myself, which I found odd. When I placed in a container, I started coughing, which was also odd. When I actually used it in baking, the taste was not palatable. The orange peel bag also came torn and customer service was quite difficult in addressing this.

robertm1479
5/16/19

I purchased a 5 pound bag of Maple Nut Goodies from them as I had in the past. The product was so old it was not edible, like gravel! The company said that because the bag has been opened it was not returnable. Be aware that if the product is bad you can not return it. Find someone else to purchase from as they do not stand behind what they sell and do not care about the customer!

Tip for consumers: Find another retailer

clarec46
3/26/19

Ok, I checked many sites looking for seeds/nuts/beans, and bulkfoods has really really good price. But the reviews are so bad so I hesitated for a while before place my first order. Got it yesterday and I checked 4 items out of the seven I ordered and it was very good quality from what I can tell. No issue at all. I popped the Amaranthseeds and mixed with peanut butter, my coworkers loved it. I will continue order from bulkfoods and hopefully I will not get issues like others. I will update after few orders to track the overall quality.

albertj55
5/15/18

The person who answered my phone call today was adamant that product country source info would not be divulged, per "higher authority".

Although we have previously made large purchases from their product line, basing them on where the stuff originated -- last was several years ago -- Info that has come to light in the interim from Mike Adams of NaturalNews.com, and others, has made it clear that those products that originate in China have potential to be contaminated with heavy metals/pesticides, or worse. It is highly improbable that I am singly aware in that regard; hence, the stonewalling of my own request for source info. It cannot be mere coincidence that bulkfoods is located on Lake Erie, where the Chinese import so much of their "stuff" into the U.S.

Having reviewed the feedback from others, it would appear that their packing and shipping quality must also have slipped badly of late. To add to what Cheryl M. said, I also had stored multiple dehydrated items that reeked of SO2 when I recently checked some of them, namely the dehydrated apricots, apples, and other fruits. I'll second her statement re the soup base and beef/chicken (soy) bullion (half salt) which has badly deteriorated in flavor to the "yuk" stage. Surely there are other more trustworthy sources for similar foods. Doing a web search immediately since it appears I'll be dumping most of what I have. It will be worth paying more to know sources of what goes into my body if that is what is required

jv51
3/24/18
• Updated review

They finally refunded the amount for the meat tenderizer but nothing for shipping, which was $8.40.

“Bad Company - Can't be trusted!”
2/27/18
• Previous review

Ordered a 5 pound bag of seasoning and they shipped it in a really thin plastic envelope which had a hole in it the size of a pea. When I got it, at least a pound had leaked out (it was a 5 pound bag). My invoice was for $18.00 including shipping and they only refunded $1.88 (non of the $8.50 for shipping). Then I asked for a full refund because I realized that whatever poked a hole in the bag could of contaminated the whole bag. They refuse to answer my request.

msg17
12/11/17

I ordered from this company as a test drive and placed a small order for organic buckwheat which still had not arrived a week and a half later. I had not received any order confirmation email from the company nor any order status email either during this time. Also, when I tried to log into my online account with the company website with the password that I had initially created with the first order, it would not accept my password and when I selected the 'Forgot Password' link for it to be sent to my email, the email with a reset link for the password never arrived - neither in my regular inbox or spam mail inbox.

I finally called into "customer service" at the phone number provided on the site and spoke to Crystal who could not even offer an apology after stating that the order had never been sent to me because they were out of stock - almost two weeks after my order placement. Further, the order was not due to be filled for another week! I explained to Crystal that I had received no email regarding my order from the company at all. immediately cancelled the order and requested a refund. I stated that I wanted a reference number for the refund as well (given all the absence of confirmation of any transaction with the business at all). She said that the woman that handled the refunds was really busy and would not be able to get to it that day. One thing Crystal did do was send an email to my email account to see if there was any issue with the mail relay and it arrived to my inbox in seconds.
The apathy of this company toward customer satisfaction is obvious - pocket change orders need not apply because you will not get any level of customer service nor barely acknowledgment of any duress their abject laziness and misrepresentation may cost you. Caveat emptor. Buy at your own risk.

darlenel24
10/19/17

I bought 5 lbs. of pumpkin seeds from this company as a first-time buyer, because they had the BEST price! But, I understand why their prices are so great, because what you buy doesn't weigh what it is supposed to weigh. Upon receipt, I weighed the plastic bag they came in and it weighed only 4 lbs., including the packaging---a whole pound SHORT or 20% less than what I thought I was buying---a huge difference! I wrote to the company but have not yet received a reply. If you order from them, be sure to weigh your order when you get it. You will probably be surprised.

denam6
9/17/17

I have ordered from this company for years. Recently they made a shipment error (sent me hard wheat instead of buckwheat). They have not even bothered to respond to my emails requesting a correction or credit. They have great prices, but order at your own risk. I will not use them again.

patricks141
7/16/17

I order 2x a year (10 times total) to get vegan stuff for my wife. They have alot of great products and i have never had a problem with anything.

matthewg83
5/24/17

Ive spent 1000s of dollars with them over the years. After my card got charged twice on two separate occasions, they wouldn't give me a refund, send the items or even give me a discount. hundreds of dollars of my money has/is being held up in a web of their bull$#*!. On top of it all, they won't even take responsibility for the extra charges. They were rood and condescending throughout the whole nightmarish dilemma. I might file a lawsuit and I WILL be taking my business elsewhere. They will feel the sting...

Tip for consumers: Ive spent 1000s of dollars with them over the years. After my card got charged twice on two separate occasions, they wouldn't give me a refund, send the items or even give me a discount. hundreds of dollars of my money has/is being held up in a web of their bull$#*!. On top of it all, they won't even take responsibility for the extra charges. They were rood and condescending throughout the whole nightmarish dilemma. I might file a lawsuit and I WILL be taking my business elsewhere. They will fee

sumerm
3/29/17

They charged my card twice for the same order and I CAN'T get a RESPONSE!! They won't answer the phone or reply to an email!!!!

sg94
3/10/17

I've ordered from them in the past and I was pleased with the nuts and seeds I received. However, in February of 2017 my order of spanish peanuts and cashews had a strong off-smell when I opened the box. I opened a 5-pound bag of the spanish peanuts (1 of 3) and it didn't taste right, I called bulkfoods and was told for complaints to email them, never a reply, I emailed again thinking the products would be maybe alright but I've had to throw everything away. From now on I order from nutsdotcom, never again from bulkfoods.

jodyp12
3/3/17

I have never written a bad review before. But this company was just too much.

Terrible products,
Bad packaging,
Over-charged me on the shipping costs,
When I contacted them about sending the wrong product, they simply refuse to respond.

I would strongly warn everyone.
WARNING, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

andreasc11
2/24/17

I can't believe how horrible customer service in this company is. I have tried to contact them several times via phone and e-mail and they have never responded. Not even to acknowledge that the message was received.... NO.THING!!

cherylm108
11/15/16

I've ordered one large order in 2009 and recently another order of similar items. Wanted to comment that it's the same food that was available back in 2009. It wasn't well suited to enjoyment so I placed it on my shelves in foodsaver airtight bags in case of emergencies. Once again, today I sampled the gluten free fruit and nuts cereal and fruit granola recently and it all tasted like crap. I noted sulfur dioxide in one of them (blah!). The chicken soup base had enough salt to choke a horse as if they're trying to poison their customer. I don't know the level of IQ at this company, but that chicken soup base was horrendously bad that it went straight into the trash. I wasted $5.00.

rwv
11/5/16

Yes... They are ass holes I ordered on September first week and they charged my credit card till now order status is in progress yet to ship what kind of $#*! is this .. Thinking to file cheating case...

maribelj
2/17/16

I ordered dried coconut and Medjool dates from Bulk Foods to make homemade granola, and I was so surprised to see all the options they have. They even have dried fruit without sulfur or added sugar for those of us trying to follow a healthy diet. Thank you! -Angela

boots14
12/22/15

I have ordered nuts from them in the past without any problem. That's where the catch is. If there is a problem and you attempt to contact them, they will not reply back. They just completely ignore you. My problem lies with the fact that I ordered three 5 lb bags of 'NO SA:LT" roasted peanuts in the shell that actually contained "SALT" peanuts. I specifically order the "NO SALT" peanuts because I give them to my parrots as a snack and salt is not good for caged birds. My attempts to contact them have been in vain. I have gotten no reply from them what so ever. I will never do business with them again. I suggest you do the same.

debbiel16
3/27/14

I am surprised at the bad reviews as I have ordered from them twice with no problems. Most recently was late yesterday afternoon - I placed my order and now have it in hand this morning before 10:30 AM. Order is correct and candy looks to be in good condition. Prices were much better than other online candy companies and they have a $5 flat ship rate for orders over $75. Other online candy companies had much higher shipping rates and slower delivery. Thanks, bulkfoods.com!

bridgetv1
12/5/13

This company is horrible. They sent me broken candy sticks and would not return them. I was told that they do have a return policy but they will not allow me to return damaged product. I stated they were sent to me damaged and they refused to refund or even compromise in any way. I tried calling them on the phone and no one has any idea what is going on. Sounds like a bunch of kids working out of a garage. Purchase at your own RISK!!!

julesp14
11/9/13

I almost didn't order from BulkFoods because of all the terrible review but I have to say, they have always been SUPER with me. I think their website is a bit confusing when adding "billing" and "delivery" addresses so I can understand how some people's orders got shipped to the wrong address. I must say, however, that a representative called from BulkFoods to verify my shipping address before they processed my first order. I have ordered numerous times from them and the quality is always top-notch. Also, their $5.00 shipping on any weight order is absolutely a steal. Not only can you order 50 lbs and have it shipped for 5 bucks, it is 2 day shipping!! Don't let the negative reviews scare you off this company. Give them a try.

ricks30
8/9/13

they dont communicate when they are out of product, The site lists the candy as instock but they dud not have it never told me about it being out of stock,

if they tod me i could have gotten the candy elsewhere I had to overnight my order from another site because bulk foods screwed me over.

they didnt even apologize for screwing up my order

terrible customer service

daniell201
11/8/12

Ordered 5 lbs of raisins organic. came to us infested with worms. they don't seem to care and are dragging their feet on refunding. The website looks like they operate out of their garage. I was hoping it was a mom and pop trying to do a good job. Turns out to be a big pile of garbage with poor (rude, careless) customer service run by someone with search engine savvy, since they come up #1 or 2 on every bulk search I do. If you are desperate and out of time, take your chances. Otherwise, take the time to find another company. It will probably save you time and money.

joshk6
12/26/11

"My restaurant had gone through several suppliers for spices and cooking items until we found Bulk Foods. Now, I can order all the spices we needin bulk for a low cost. The service is always prompt and we've never had a problem with the qualityof the products we recieve."
-Josh K.

anneh8
11/2/11

Each Christmas our company sends gift tins to each employee. I was able to get all the gift tins we needed from Bulk Foods, and they even let me choose what items I wanted in each tin! Not only is the selection great, but the tins are beautiful.

Questions? Get answers from the Bulkfoods.com staff and other customers.

Bulkfoods.com?