Review of Bluefly

2018 Customer choice award

263 reviews with 5 stars

kareln
2/23/18

I was worried after I read the reviews here, but I made a gut choice and tried it. I ordered Dior sunglasses (collection S2015) for USD250, which is far better than I ever expected, the original price ranging two years ago from USD650-800. I got them today - an authentic, Italian, Safilo made product in the matching brand boxes, incl. the brand cleaning cloth and instructions.

I believe you guys their customer sevice sucks and I am happy I don't have to return the item. But my simple experience with just getting what I wanted for the right price is excellent. And honestly, I don't usually write reviews online..

carolk92
12/21/17

I bought the sweater wants from the local J. McLaughlin boutique store and misplaced it. It was $355 originally, I paid $99 on sale and almost a year later found it on blue fly for$84.99 plus shippino. It is the SAME EXACT SWEATER. Tag and all. I was grateful to find it since it's beautiful, wool blend, warm and fits all occasions. Even dog walking. Beautiful cream and black tweed that will enhance any wardrobe.

shellh3
11/10/17

Im glad I made a purchase before reading the reviews. I got a little bit anxious about all the negative reviews. I got myself a pair of boots for such an amazing price. The item arrived 3 days earlier from the expected shipping date which was a nice surprice. The boots came with its original packaging and it looked perfect! No scuffs or any damages at all! They sent the correct size too. I am very satisfied with purchase and am definitely going to be a repeat costumer! Im telling my friends!

denisew90
9/14/17

I am so very pleased with this site. My very first experience with buying a pair of shoes led me to want more and more. It has left me with an insatiable appetite. And I've told all of my friends and colleagues.

In regards to some of the negative comments, I feel so bad because I have no complaints, I am overly impressed and look forward to a long lasting relationship.

clayc17
8/10/17

This is the first time that I have ordered from Bluefly, and after I ordered I read a lot of negative reviews. So I was a little skeptical on the outcome. I have to say that the item I ordered was at a great price, shipped in a timely manner (faster than Off 5th and Last Call that I order from fairly often), the item was authentic, and new with labels. For my first order I have zero complaints.

jeffs243
7/3/17

After reading the reviews on this site I was questioning the order I placed with Bluefly.
Fortunately I had a great experience with the purchase of my Maui Jim sunglasses.
Price was 25% less than retail. Package was delivered one day earlier than anticipated, in brand new condition.

I'll definitely be shopping here again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Enjoy your new sunglasses and thank you for shopping with us!
laurenj32
3/27/17

I ordered some Sperry's since my dog ate mine. They were limited edition and hard to find when they were in season last season, and nearly impossible to find now. I found them at Bluefly for $40 (I paid $90 last season) and figured it was worth the risk at that price since I saw some iffy reviews. I got them within a week and they were exactly what I expected. I am very happy with my order.

cornelian2
7/24/16

I'd ordered a pair of boots from BLUFLY from Australia and although it did seem to take a bit longer than other orders from USA I was pleased when I emailed my concerns and the staff replied promptly. I will use them again as I'm better informed about the time it takes to move orders from warehouse to home address. Thanks especially to Brandi. Connie nightingale

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you for the glowing comment, Cornelia!
jenniferc143
12/18/15

So many times i've been on websites and had a quick question and tried Chat help, only to have it fail, go unanswered, or received answers that were clearly cookie cutter broad responses. I wondered if i had even found a live person. A few times recently I've been on the bluefly site shopping - and my questions were answered quickly, responsively (actually Knew what i was trying to ask instead of asking me 10 general questions first) and helpfully. Would recommend shopping here!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you for the glowing feedback Jennifer! So glad to hear our Chat service was helpful for you and thank you for shopping with us!
jacquelinew15
10/30/15

This is my second time ordering from bluefly. Not sure why there's bad reviews?!? But I had great buys both times!! Good customer service!! And quick delivery on both!!! I'd recommend Bluefly to anyone!!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you for the glowing review Jacqueline! We're so happy to hear you had a great experience shopping with us! :-)
aviono
10/27/15

I have purchased items repeatedly from Bluefly and I have no complaints.

Tip for consumers: Experience them for yourself. The items I bought -sneakers, jewelry, etc - are of a high quality. I'm very satisfied.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you for the wonderful feedback Avion and that bracelet looks gorgeous! We hope you love it and thank you again for shopping with us. :)
marissam9
10/19/15

I have ordered from them twice now and the first time i returned an item it was no problem at all. The customer service reps are friendly and made sure to make my call a priority. The second item i received is outstanding. It is a beautiful watch, brand new, and bought at such a great price. Can't compete with these guys. The shipping was fast and they kept me up to date on my package from the time it left, to the time it arrived. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you for the glowing comment and shopping with us Marissa, we're so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with Bluefly!
ab2899
9/25/15

I just received a very pretty pair of Tod's flats from Bluefly. They look much better in person than on the website. These very pretty flats retail for $500 and I paid $200. For this reason, I am giving Bluefly 5 stars. They are authentic. They arrived as expected and the website was easy to navigate. One caveat... I was expecting free shipping but I'm not going to quibble over $8.

I see all the negative reviews for these kind of websites (Bluefly, Gilt, etc). A few things I learned over the years...

*Do not buy clothing online unless it's from a department store website or it's cheap (under $100). If you buy online at Saks, Bloomingdales, or even Gap you always have the option of returning it in the store. The clothing I've purchased at online discount retailers have been of average quality and I've learned I would rather just go shopping at the mall. At least then I have a chance to see the clothing piece first, the exception being if you already saw this piece in person and now it's discounted (most likely because it was last season).

*Purchase brands you know and have seen in the retail stores.

*Do not buy vintage (aka second) expensive designer brands online. Only buy from trusted local consignment shops. These websites may think it's in "good condition" and you may think otherwise. Plus, there may be issues with authenticity.

*Do not buy expensive designer handbags (over $1,000) at an online discount site. Most of these websites have a no return policy and it's simply not worth the risk. It's better just to "splurge" and buy at the authorize retailer or boutique.

*I believe they may be receiving their inventory or acting as a middle person for an authorized retailer. For whatever reason, these retailers do not want to place these items on their sales floor (item was returned, overstock, last season, etc). Think Nordstrom's Rack or Off 5th, only online and non-returnable. There is a reason these designer items are discounted... you may want to keep that in mind while shopping.

If you know how to shop, sites like Bluefly are great.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Thank you so much for the glowing comment and we’re so excited to hear about your shopping experience with us! We apologize for the shipping charge as your order did qualify for it, so our team has refunded that charge to you. Please feel free to reach out if you need additional assistance, we’ll always be more than happy to help. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
mikew122
5/24/15

Honestly, I can't see why the bad reviews. I live in Canada, I buy beautiful good quality dresses for my wife coz she is a bad e shopper & I'm a good e shopper, I look for deals, price drops all the time and Bluefly and NEVER, REPEAT NEVER been a problem. I have now ordered 5 dresses and they have all been top quality, top condition, and top customer service. They even paid me for my return shipping once coz there was a small issue and they took responsibility for it. I am just wondering if there are unfair requests and expectations from these customer's who write such bad reviews about Bluefly. Living in Canada, we dont have the choices like the buyers in US do. No free shipping etc, but having said that, when you talk to a customer service rep, we get nothing but exceptional service, price drops even after the item had been shipped!! Fig you have a question, email me at mahasri@shaw.ca & I will personally answer your question and vouch for BF.

angelt6
4/9/14

This is my second time purchasing from bluefly & they were both expensive designer handbags. I was horrified after reading the reviews but they were such great deals that i ignored the reviews and I'm so thankful i did ignore them the second handbag is a mulberry bayswater 40% cheaper than the actual price & omg its beautiful exactly what the picture looks. Its in perfect condition with a dust bag, my only complain is that it came in box & wrap in cheap plastic trash bag unlike my first order it came in a huge zip lock nevertheless it didn't affect the integrity of the bag it was still in perfect condition its just that it made it look cheap but what the heck I'm paying a lot less for this heavenly bag. Customer service had been great with me too i had issues with my shipping charges I'm suppose to get a free shipping but was not credited after i submitted the order. I emailed them & got a response in less than 24 hrs & credited the shipping in about less than 3 days. I was surprised coz as i was reading the reviews credits & customer service is almost impossible to deal with but so far i have been lucky. I also got an email for the confirmation order & a fedex tracking just like any other online orders. So there I'm one happy gal! Thanks bluefly hope to see more great deals & hopefully will not have issues like others I'm keeping my fingers cross!

cmd
4/9/14

I have ordered seven items - dresses, blouses, and swimwear - from this company over the past six months and every time I love what I get, it's just as pictured, and sometimes it's even better! I've had a great experience building my closet with beautiful items from BF and have had no issues re: customer service or mixups. I'll continue to use this shop happily and recommend it to my friends.

ilanas
3/15/14

Honestly, I can understand why a lot of people found the site sketchy, but I must've had INCREDIBLY GOOD LUCK with them, or they changed their management or something because...

I ordered a dress early on Friday 3/14 morning and it was at my house by Saturday 3/15 afternoon. That quick. And they weren't trying to get rid of bad quality clothing either; the dress I ordered is absolutely GORGEOUS quality and a cobalt color true to the picture-- the Taylor Azure Long Sleeve Body Con Dress: http://www.bluefly.com/Taylor-azure-long-sleeve-body-con-dress/p/330974902/detail.fly. I did their sizing calculation and ordered a size down from my normal 8, and checked the measurements to be sure, and the dress fits like a very sexy glove. They even allowed me a 15% off coupon to be used, and when my order went through, they sent me a $30 off of next time.

Their system is definitely strange, as I was trying to order the dress last week, but every time I got all the way through the payment and Paypal and hit 'confirm' it took me to a page that my browser said was not from the actual domain and flashed the security message: 'This probably isn't the page that you are looking for!' and the order didn't go through. I checked extensively, but they did not charge my credit card (other than later for my final order). I don't know what was up then, but it was definitely worth it to come back to.

trishab1
7/9/13

I found the perfect red dress and called in for a discount I saw on it later on the site. They honored it right away.

megans8
3/5/13

well, im very sorry for those of you that had an unfortunate experiance with bluefly, but i ordered a jacket from the website two weeks ago and recieved it within one week. The quality was great and so was the size. Bluefly emailed me a tracking number in which i could track the shipment each step up untill it was delivered to my front door. I just ordered 10 more things which just arrived at my front door about an hour ago. Cant wait to go home and try it all on!!!

renees3
12/31/12

My transaction went very well. I bought a pair of diamond earrings. Was worried initially, but they kept me informed from moment one as to where we were in the process, the earrings arrived quickly, and they were as described. I have had great compliments regarding the quality of the diamonds, even from the saleslady at De Beers. They even checked on me after the sale to be sure I was happy. I would buy again from them.

lanef
1/3/12

Had to give five stars for selection, customer service, and fast shipping. I have only had two issues since shopping with them starting in 1999, and they resolved my issues without one hundred calls and e-mails. Only got one wrong item in 70 transactions, and I got my friends and co-workers shopping with them as well. You have to watch sales at bluefly as prices change daily. It has some of the best high end offerings.

mishaj
8/24/11

great for my size, and I live in an area where last seasons styles are more than enough to have me the best dress in town. Great delivery times also.

florencec1
3/24/11

Great site for armature people that like different kind of cloths, very wide range of fabrics and garments

240 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly