Blacks

Blacks has a consumer rating of 1 star from 11 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Blacks ranks 65th among Outdoor Clothing sites.

How would you rate Blacks?

“Never buy from Blacks”

Graham S.
1/25/20

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. 1. They take your money and then say they no longer have the item in stock and take weeks to give a refund. 2. They take your money then send you something different to what you have ordered. You send the item back and wait weeks for a refund. They do not refund postage even though it is their fault. They are cowboys. They are charlatans. They are crooks. They refuse to oblige by Consumer Rights Laws. Keep well clear. Take your custom elsewhere.

grahams88
January 25th, 2020

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.
They are cowboys.
They are charlatans.
They are crooks.
They refuse to oblige by Consumer Rights Laws.
Keep well clear.
Take your custom elsewhere.

dannyc234
September 11th, 2020

No refund after 5 weeks, no contact from customer service, still waiting.
Read the reviews, they seem to do this a lot. Go to other reputable retailers who deserve your custom.

richardp984
February 19th, 2020

A truly terrible company. Sent the wrong goods. Totally impossible to recover cost. Customer service a complete joke. Avoid if you don't want to get ripped off.

assadb
February 1st, 2021

Took money for a bag. No delivery no email
After 3 weeks was told not in stock, then told it was in stock. Finally told its not in stock and will issue a refund. Have been waiting for a full refund for 4 weeks, finally it comes, but the didn't pay back for the delivery cost even though it was never delivered

Tip for consumers:
Avoid at all costs

Products used:
None

bohdanb1
October 30th, 2019

Horrible.
They sent me a torn jacket. When I got in contact with them, they said I must ship that jacket back to them, so they will fo some experiments to get known where this happen with jacket (hinting that it's my fault) and I must pay for shipping. Because they sent me a torn jacket - I must pay them more. These cheaters didn't got enough from selling me terrible stuff. I shipped it back, now they don't answer me at all. Not recommend at all. Horrible shop, bad things they sell, low quality support.

philipo55
April 13th, 2021

Do not order from this company if you…
Do not order from this company if you want your goods in a timely fashion...

So I place my order for, 4 items on the 7th of April
Which blacks accept and send me the email order confirmation and stating I will receive a further email once dispatched. This is the last I hear from blacks, so on Monday the 12th I give them a ring enquiring when my order will be dispatched. The lady I speak to informs me that 1 of my items is out of stock, so I ask the lady to cancel the whole order for me which the lady says she will do and I will receive the refund in 3-5 days. A bit peed that blacks let me order something that was out of stock and then never bothered to inform me. I had to ring and find out for myself.
Anyway
Because I thought I was receiving my refund, I order the whole order from another company. Happy days.
However
I receive an email from blacks today Tues 13th April stating they have dispatched part of my order. Even though the woman I spoke to said it was all cancelled.
So I now have to wait another 4-6 days for the items to arrive just to return them ( I assume another 4-6 days) then wait up to 14 days for the refund.

So all in all blacks will of had £111 of my money for roughly 1 month, for which I will have nothing to show for at the end of it.
To make things worse I have ordered my whole order elsewhere, spending over £111 again because I was under the impression I would be receiving my refund in 5-7 days.
This order was to help me get out and help with my mental health and all blacks have done is made my mental health worse and left me pretty much in hardship with there misinformation. Poor show blacks

akbarm1
August 14th, 2020

Ordered a Jacket from store, my size wasn't in stock so they ordered online. 7 days later I get an email saying my order has been canceled contact store for a refund The store is a 60 mile round trip for me and they wouldn't refund over the phone. Rang Blacks online who told me the item is actually in stock but wouldn't send me it because they canceled the order. I would need to go and get a refund 60 miles away and then reorder. I was promised 10% off the next purchase but not off the jacket and next day delivery. That email never arrived either. Wouldnt put me through to a manager, wouldn't put me through to complaints.
The store said I have 60 days to make the journey to get a refund on a jacket I have not received.

An absolute joke, I'll make sure the directors hear about this from Linkdin and every other forum I can find

laurae503
February 8th, 2021

Thoroughly awful!

Saw a great deal for a Fenix 6s - £369 fantasic!
Ordered 4th January (money was taken then too), kept getting updates
14th January delivery - BUT when I opened the packaging there was no watch there! A COMPLETELY JOKE RIGHT?!
Immediately ring up their customer services, make it clear I want a replacement ASAP.
Told they have a 28day investigation period.
Patiently wait, requesting updates each week
2nd February! ( they've had my money for ALMOST a month now!) they send me a refund.
Watch is no longer in stock and they don't offer any alternative.
DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP ORDERING OFF THIS COMPANY!
Take your money for a month :(

rubens36
July 23rd, 2015

I made a order (#21433513) of one tent, then they take my money from my bank. A few days after I tried to see where was my package and I discover that my order was cancelled (without any feedback). I checked my bank account - no money. I sent an e-mail asking information - no answer. Finally I was able to talk with a "Customer Care Agent", that did not gave me any reason for the order cancelling. I asked for the money, they said that was going to my bank account. I just talked with my bank and they don't have any information about that. I will wait some more days and if there is no update then I will go to the police.

I needed the tent for this weekend, and now, I don't have nor tent nor money nor any justification for this. This is the most surreal shop where I ever try to bought something from.

I advise you all to stay away.

carolg18
June 1st, 2014

I PURCHASED SOME WOMENS "PETER STORM" WATER RESISTANT BLACK LEGGINGS - WELL! THEY MUST HAVE BEEN MADE FOR MIDGETS
OR CHILDREN... THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY TINY. SO I EMAILED THEM STRAIGHT AWAY, BECAUSE I HAD £60.00 TIED UP IN THIS TRANSACTION. I EMAILED ON WED AND I JUST GOT THOSE AUTOMATED RELIES THAT TELL YOU YOUR EMAIL HAS ARRIVED AND THEY WILL CON TACT YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS TO SORT OUT PROBLEM. IF YOU PHONE THEM IT COSTS YOU MORE M ONEY! BY SATURDAY I WAS SO FED UP... I BEGRUDGINGLY PAID THEM £3.25 TO THEIR RETURN/COLLECT SYSTEM.
WHEN BLACKS KNOW I HAVE DONE THIS THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO EMAQIL ME ON SUNDAY WITH THE PROMISE OF A PAID RETURNS LABEL... CHEEK! I HAVE NOW EMAILED THEM TO REQUEST A REFUND OF MY POSTAGE CHARGE ASAP... LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS NOW? BUT SERIOUSLY IF YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH CARING HELPFUL ONLINE COMPANIES... AVOID "BLACKS OUTDOOR WEAR & EQUIPMENT! KEEP READING AND I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU AN UPDATE SOON?
Blondewithbrain

Questions? Get answers from the Blacks staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blacks?

Have a question about Blacks?