Review of BetterPhoto

16544 Northeast 99th Street
Redmond, WA 98052, US

andyb213
6/22/19

After almost 4 weeks of having my web site off of the line, I have received an email that I am back on line. After checking the same I was far away from being back on line. They were lying to me and God knows how many other customers. Absolutely, absolutely Bad, Bad Bad Web Site Host. Stay Far Away From It.

lindao162
6/9/19

I have been a member for about 15 years and it is now a horrible experience. No way to contact anyone, no support - just dreadful. It is sad, I have so many images on this site and now have to figure how to get them off. Horrible

crystalb70
4/20/17

WORSE SITE EVER!!! THEY took my credit card, the got my money. I received NOTHING!! My Attoney is contacting the Attorney General's Office in Washington State. Also, the Federal Trade Commission also needs to be contacted. They have my money, I have NOTHING!!!!

scotts110
4/22/15

If you have a technical problem with the site (that you have paid for and been a customer for 7 years or so) THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WHO WILL ADDRESS YOUR PROBLEM...NO ONE...BEEN WAITING NOW APPROX. 10 DAYS WITHOUT ANY HELP SO WE CAN ACTUALLY USE OUR PAID FOR WEBSITE...TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

williamw66
4/4/15

I actually enjoyed betterphoto.com - 4 or 5 years ago. Now there are no more instructors, no diversity of classes, nothing of any interest beyond that of absolute beginners. I think there are only four offerings now, all of which I outgrew a few years ago.

WHAT HAPPENED? It once had promise; now it's showing all the signs of a failing project that is quickly fading into obscurity.

jerryr24
3/19/14

The written materials for this course were very good and the instructor's critiques and responses to my questions were helpful (although I am still waiting two weeks later for the critique of my assignment submitted on March 4 and a response to a question).
However, as the only student in the course I clearly did not get close to my money's worth. Among the benefits of the courses Better Photo promotes are receiving input from other students on your work, observing and commenting on their work, seeing their questions, and seeing the instructor's critiques of their work and responses to their questions. I received none of these benefits. I could have received the benefit I got from the course buy purchasing a good book for a small fraction of the $200 cost.
In short, I feel short-changed. I believe I should have been advised that I would be the only student and offered some other options.

mb65
2/1/14

Scam. After you pay there is nothing to gain.

All classes are for beginners. The guy that runs the site is not even a photographer.

There is NOTHING to gain. The "contests" are questionable and have no prizes like other sites. The "winners" often are photos that are out of focus, bad composition, look like graphic design computer generated images but not photos, cheesy rip off photos such as "an arm and hand stretched out holding a baby" (copied about a million times), yet some really really excellent photos but those photographers have not taken any Betterphoto classes. They came to the site as excellent photographers. I have spoken to many of them.

So many bird photos that you would think it is a bird web site not a photo site.

The people who run the site are useless and will not answer question, but they sure will try to sell you more things!!!

pointless to join.

stay away.

join another site.

philipc25
7/19/13

For the professional insight a student gets and the immediate improvement in their learning curve the classes are excellent and reasonably priced. I am taking several classes and enjoy each. I have become a better photographer because of BetterPhoto.com and its staff.

karenw19
2/15/13

Their customer service is non-existent. This USED to be a good site, but the guy Jim Miotke who started it has gotten too big for his britches it seems. I was a member for years and had one of their deluxe websites. I wrote countless emails to them with a question and have NEVER been answered, although my inbox gets filled with emails from them every single day, boasting about how their courses are getting filled up, etc. It's too bad because at the beginning this was a valuable learning resource. This site and its developer/owner are a perfect example of how moderate success can ruin things for their customers. All they seem interested in now are the courses they offer, which are questionable in value, since many of the things are on YouTube for free!!! Don't get hoodwinked by this site.

karlao1
9/3/11

Lousy customer service, classes very limited as to breadth and scope.

daves8
8/27/10

Wasn't a fan of betterphoto.com. I don't think they do anything to make online learning more interesting and useful than any other online learning company. The instructor for my class was knowledgeable about the camera but couldn't really get involved. Felt kind of like the class was an "our way or the highway" steamroller kind of approach. Didn't learn very much unfortunately.

danc1
4/16/09

great for amatures - There's a lot of options from beginners on up.
If the courses offered are as comprehensive as the site one would learn a great deal.
The pull downs made manuevering easy.

tamarad
4/9/09

great website - I like this site very much. Easy to find what your looking for and the photos are of great quality. will return

mayraj
3/25/09

Great site - THis site you post your phots and you learn for others. I loe this site. Has contest and tems for your cameras for sale.

We are a small company and offer email support, and answer within 48 hours. Thanks!

By Jim M., BetterPhoto Representative

Hi Lou, as I mentioned in your other complaint to the BBB... We have responded to every one of your emails, and we have also proactively sent you more emails notifying you of your expiration and telling you how to renew. My theory is that your AOL email is filtering out emails from us, perhaps putting them in a junk mail folder. You can either change this setting or use a different email service like Gmail. As mentioned before, we are a small company and do not provide phone support. Please send me an email at bpsupport@betterphoto.com once you have either made sure emails from us do not get filtered as spam, or you have set up a better email account. Here is a page we have provided customers about how to "whitelist" their email address so emails from us actually get received: http://www.betterphoto.com/how-to-whitelist-emails.asp BTW, what you renewed recently was your Classic Gallery ($49/yr), not your website. Your Classic Gallery renewal order was received and duly processed. The expiration date was updated to 2/19/2018. The product that you are complaining about, your Deluxe Website ($129/yr) , on the other hand, was last renewed on 2/11/16 and expired after one year on 2/12/2017. Once you have corrected your email receiving and emailed us, I will send you a special link to cover the difference between your recent Classic Gallery renewal and the cost of your Website renewal. Thank you.

By Jim M., BetterPhoto Representative

Hi Gus, You emailed us on May 18th, and we responded within 24 hours. Today you emailed twice saying that you've emailed several times before. We have only received that one email on May 18th. Please check your spam folder and look up how to whitelist emails from BetterPhoto. My guess is the Sonic is incorrectly filtering our emails as spam. Thanks, BetterPhoto.com

By Jim M., BetterPhoto Representative

Thanks for asking, Donna. No, we do not have a way to upload directly from Lightroom in one click, if that's what you mean. Users first export favorite images and then upload these files. Thanks again!

By Jim M., BetterPhoto Representative

We are beginning to launch excellent interactive courses again, that offer pro 1:1 feedback and inspiring assignment to keep you motivated. Check out our first at: http://www.betterphoto.com/product/OurProductDetail.asp?productID=1942 P.S. If you have further questions, contact us directly at the Contact link at the bottom of BetterPhoto pages. Thank you and enjoy, Team BetterPhoto

By Jim M., BetterPhoto Representative

Questions? Get answers from the BetterPhoto staff and other customers.

BetterPhoto?