Review of BBWCupid

Tel: +61-755-711181
team@bbwcupid.com

budw11
2/2/19

They don't even bother trying to hide it. Take your money, try to top off by getting an ID, then ignore all attempts at contact. My guess: front for terrorist organization or cartel.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. IF YOU'RE LUCKY YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD.

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Bud,

In order to prevent fraudulent payments on our websites, our billing department reviews certain transactions. For some transactions, we require additional verification to prove that the person making the transaction is authorized to do so.

CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS: we request that you email us proof that you are in possession of your credit card.

To do this, please send us a scanned copy of your credit card AND a copy of your government-issued photo ID to team@AussieCupid.com. Your attachment must be in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png format.

We must clearly see your name and the first 6 numbers on the front of your card. You should cover up the other details on your card for your protection.

NOTE: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU SEND THE FULL DETAILS OF YOUR CREDIT CARD.

ede46
1/12/19

Been scammed by this BBW Cupid Admin is the most prolific online dating scam
Admin suspended my membership just 1 hour after the transaction and they keep asking me for my ID, passport and Bank Card details.....

Dear member,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to prevent fraudulent payments on our websites, our billing department reviews certain transactions. For some transactions we require additional verification to prove that the person making the transaction is authorized to do so.

To do this, please send us a scanned copy of your credit card AND a copy of your government issued photo ID to team@BBWCupid.com. Your attachment must be in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png format.

If you used another person's credit card to make your payment, you must ALSO include a signed letter of authorization from the card holder, stating that you are authorized to use their card for your payment.

PAYPAL PAYMENTS: we request that you email us a copy of your photo ID that matches the name on your PayPal account.

To do this, please send us a scanned copy of your government issued photo ID to team@BBWCupid.com. Your attachment must be in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png format.

If you used another person's PayPal account to make your payment, you must ALSO include a signed letter of authorization from the account holder, stating that you are authorized to use their account for your payment.

Please note that you will only be required to verify your payment once. However if you use a different credit card or PayPal account in future, our system may require verification for some transactions.

team@BBWCupid.com

carlap77
11/14/18

This was the first dating site I've been on in 20 years. I only got a 1 month membership just to try it out. Had a good rapport with one person. The second he asked for money, I knew he was a scammer. There were two others that I eventually identified as scammers when I ran a background check (beenverified.com) - their name did not exist in the entire USA. Since the data is based on utility bills and taxes, I knew this was a hoax. The only other men I heard from (who seemed legit) were interested in hookups and nothing else. My membership expired and I took down my profile. Not worth it.

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Carla,

We have zero tolerance towards members of the nature you described. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a suspicious profile, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.bbwcupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
lizzyl12
9/30/18

I'm afro Trinidadian. Gave my number to a caucasian UK guy name Tom. Everything was cool until he confessed his depression and anxiety to me. I was cool about it until he started calling my phone drunk. He started to belittle my career said I'm a fool for feeding the poor and working so much. He called me a black slave and so forth. Was very crazy. He even said he was speaking to 50 other women on the site and I'm the only one who rejected him. I'm so disgusted won't advise anyone to make an effort on this site much less spend money on VIP packages!

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Lizzy,

We sincerely apologize for the unwelcome experience. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. However, in order to take immediate action against this member, we need you to send us a copy of the evidence that you believe is offensive to www.bbwcupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
courtneys119
5/23/18

I tried this site because wanted to try something different. I was on there for 3 days and got fat shamed by a guy I was interested in. I thought I would be comfortable on this site since I was overweight and others there would be okay with that. I just talked to the guy one day and he was already making comments about my looks suggesting I change my look and lose weight. The hurt my self esteem and confidence. I wanted to delete my profile, but you really can't. So I sent them a message about my experience and that I wanted to remove my account. Well I never got an email back from them. They just rudely terminated my profile without any explanation. I will never go back.

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
We are so sorry to hear our site has not met your expectations. We are dedicated to providing a high quality service to all our members. For further assistance and helpful tips to help you find your perfect match please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team at team@bbwcupid.com. We would be happy to help.
deedeed11
4/27/18

So decided to give this one a go, good thing I didnt pay for premium! Spend there less than half a day and when I tried to log in again got
"In order to maximize interest in your profile and improve your response rate we recommend re-assigning your profile to one of the other sites in our dating network. Therefore, please follow the instructions in the email that we sent to you detailing how to join the most appropriate site in order to maximize interest in your profile". Wasnt I big enough or what?
By the way they didnt even bothered to send me that email, they mentioned!
Anyway, just few observations, besides the rude and unjust deletion of my profile, there was almost no people online, maybe about 240 active at the time, majority (like 90% of ppl) is not premium (gold\platimum) so you cant communicate with them unless you pay 30$ for a month.
A lot of profiles havent been active for couple of weeks.

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
We are so sorry to hear our site has not met your expectations. We are constantly updating our product with new and improved features and are dedicated to providing a high quality service to all our members. For further assistance and helpful tips to help you find your perfect match please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team at team@bbwcupid.com. We would be happy to help.
chicagom
4/21/18

My problem with bbw cupid no woman seems to be serious and interesting . Barely to find woman willing to keep up conversation with everyday since I lived in kuwait almost thousand miles away from usa . I have been in bbw cupid for three years in a row can't even I have any even a little chance to meet up with plus size American women I love them so much and proud to be with American woman regardless of weight , nationality, religion and distance . I am not scammer I have a steady job can stand on my own feet financially not looking for green card . I am only looking for good woman I don't need anything from her except good healthy relationship. Ignore message may not help me out to reach my match . This is style raise my ldl cholesterol. No offense I love them all but no one like me . They hate my gut

deborahl76
10/31/17

In a two week period I was contacted by 7 scammers!!! Don't bother looking ladies! PS Heard it's just about as bad for lady scammers!! I lost over $109,000 to one scammer, now I am suspicious of ALL men on ALL dating sites. Just found Mr Perfect on BBW Admire only to figure out he was a scammer too! Do these scammers think that all big girls are desperate, or just stupid!? In my case, I unfortunately was naïve enough to think everyone was as honest as me. WRONG!!! If they are an "engineer" or other professional, claim to have lots of money, working on an oil rig or overseas or in the military, it's a scam. Widowed with one child off in school in some other country....it's a scam! Has a vague name followed by a number (usually a birth year) and a gmail address///it's a scam! In almost one year of constant messaging, I have only found 3 out of about 60 that weren't scammers. If you DO end up on any of these dating sites, DO NOT SEND ANYONE MONEY!! They always ask for Western Union or Money Gram type transactions because it's a SCAM!!!!!!

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hello Deborah,
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact enquiries@BBWcupid.com if you have any further concerns.
laurat88
5/18/17

I used this site years ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. The site is full of scammers. Within four weeks of being on this site I have been identified four scammers. One even asked me to send them money to come see me. This is the worst site ever. The fraud team doesn't even do anything about it when you contact them. They just tell you to block the person. I guess you can block that person and then they can go on to find someone who is more desperate or more lonely to dupe. This site has some serious issues.

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hello Laura

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behaviour.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Please contact enquiries@bbwcupid.com if you have any further concerns.
anony358
5/15/17

I have been on this site for 5 months now and have met nothing but pig men looking for free sexting or naked pics. If they wanted that they should go pay for it elsewhere. Most men on there are in relationships and lie. I've been contacted by two women who found out their husband was cheating on them and I had no idea. I've been harassed by creeps and threatened and the site coordinators did nothing about it or terminated this individuals account even after I sent them proof of the threats. Bottomline this is not a dating site at all, it's a joke!

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Please contact team@bbwcupid.com if you have any further concerns.
jilr
3/5/17

While it's nice to see that BBWCupid responded, but my hunch is that it was only a PR ploy. My review was not just a one time experience. It was based on time spent on the site over a significant amount of time ... TWO years on and off. Problem with their response of 'constantly improving' is that my experience told me that was NOT true. I contacted them during my experiences and responses were akin to placating me with NO real help. The issues they have ... the ones I found most offensive ... are all part of hooking clients and other marketing ploys. I've had quite a bit of experience with these sites and finally decided that they are all traps. The percentages are NOT in favor of the clients. Bottom line ... these sites are nothing more than gambling!

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Jil,

jond90
2/25/17

They ask for your NI number and passport and will only let you read messages if you pay (hint: none of the girls pay, so cough up guys). Added to the fact that there was only about 5 girls in my area that had logged on in the past month (I live in a major city) makes me never want to go on this site ever again! STAY AWAY

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Jon,

We apologise that our app has not met your expectations. As a standard member, you can still enjoy numerous benefits such as sending interest to other members and communicating with paid members.
Our members reside vastly in the US and we also have a large number of international members. Try increasing your radius. We wish you the very best with your search for love. Please contact us at www.bbwcupid.com/en/help/helpdesk if you have any further concerns.
deanl20
3/5/16

most of these dating website I've been all $#*! in one way or another but this is what i saw most women on there are not around my area where i live some are from other parts of the world and you have to pay to see your messages but i also believe that its also a scam because they ask for your personal details like your national insurance number

if your a guy who like girls with a bit meat of them please don't go this site

Response from Cupid M., BBWCupid Representative
Hi Dean,

We are sorry our app is not meeting your expectations. BBW Cupid has over 600,000 active members. Our members reside vastly in the US but we also have a large number of international members. Try increasing your radius or contact us at www.BBWCUPID.com/en/help/helpdesk so we can help you further.
Only one member has to be a paid member to communicate, not both. As a standard member, you can still enjoy numerous benefits such as sending interest to other members and communicating with paid members.
Cupid Media operates more than 30 apps that cater to a wide variety of niche dating interests. If you have any concerns please contact us at www.BBWCUPID.com/en/help/helpdesk
We wish you the very best with your search for love.

Questions? Get answers from the BBWCupid staff and other customers.

1 Photo for BBWCupid