Backstreet Surveillance reviews

Tel: 800-431-3056

1 Review From Our Community

jentryc1
10/27/18

Approximately a year and a half ago my father-in-law purchased a system from Backstreet Surveillance to install in his new house when it was finished being built. The house is now finished, and we attempted to install the camera system. Unfortunately, the kit did not include the detailed installation guide that I now understand should have accompanied the kit, and it was unclear that the system needed a router to connect the cameras to the controller.

Lacking that knowledge, I contacted technical support the next morning. Initially, I spoke with a technician who informed me of the need for a router, and that the system needed to be connected to the internet through the router. When I advised the technician that we lived in Alaska, and our only access to the internet was through a small hotspot (connected to the cellular network, and the hardware did not have a port to connect a router), he stated the system required an internet connection to work. Without getting into the details, the conversation degraded while I was attempting to determine a solution, and I asked to speak with a supervisor. The technician refused to transfer me to a supervisor (stating there were none available), and eventually hung-up on me.

After a little research, I contacted the General Manager for Backstreet Surveillance, Mac Jorgensen. When I explained the problem to Mr. Jorgensen, he immediately identified a solution, confirmed his solution with Rick the technical support manager, and apologized for their employee's behavior. He then transferred me to Rick the technical support manager, who shipped us a router that was designed to fit the need of our application (free of additional charge).

While the behavior of the original technician was unprofessional and unacceptable, the swift corrective actions of both Mr. Jorgensen and Rick more than made up for the bad experience. Everybody can have a bad day, and I understand that (although we should keep our personal life out of our profession it's hard not to). The helpful attitude by everyone else involved took a bad initial impression, and made it a very positive experience. I gladly commend Backstreet Surveillance's customer support with a 5-star rating!

Questions? Get answers from the Backstreet Surveillance staff and other customers.

Backstreet Surveillance?