AutismSpeaks.org

AutismSpeaks.org has a consumer rating of 2.25 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AutismSpeaks.org ranks 156th among Health Information sites.

How would you rate AutismSpeaks.org?

“This is a very well-done resource for anyone seeking...”

Chris O.
1/18/11

This is a very well-done resource for anyone seeking general information about autistic spectrum disorders, which are so varied in their symptoms that it's said every autistic child is different from the next, even when they have identical diagnoses. The site takes a good deal of care to be easy to read without dumbing-down the facts, something that many other sites which discuss specialized topics could learn from. It's clearly aimed at parents seeking guidance and manages to be welcoming without being patronizing. This is a very complex subject, made more so by the differences of opinions even amongst medical doctors and psychotherapists. It encompasses several different illnesses, making an individual set of symptoms almost impossible to classify, and as a result, a large number of those on the spectrum are regarded as "Not Otherwise Specified", a catch-all for many unique combinations of symptoms that can't be further defined. A clearly-written and sympathetic introduction is well worth promoting and supporting. I have to say that this is an American site, so suggested resources are American too. Nevertheless the information here is well enough presented to make it useful to anyone. Incidentally, I'm the second reviewer to review this site today but cross my heart, it's a sheer fluke. Naturally I hate coming in second (grin), but in this case I'm pleased to be able to draw a bit more attention to a worthwhile resource.

“They only want money”

Svetlana T.
12/1/20

I am a single mother of child with ASD. Autism speaks did NOTHING for me and NOTHING for my child. But I amregular getting from them emails asking my money to donate them. I would like to ask the tfounder of this organization. I am single parent with child with special needs. I am unemployed. I do not speak English. That's a lot of men with a good income who has a lot of money. Why do you ask poor immigrant women without relatives and any support in USA but with a children with special needs to donate? You confused what is good but what is not. What is Godly but what is not. Shame on you!

chriso1
3,369 helpful votes
January 18th, 2011

svetlanat11
December 1st, 2020

zoes1
January 17th, 2011

This site is very informative and helpful when working with children with autism. It gives a lot of general information about autism. It also gives information for parents about their parental rights. It talks about various scientifically recommended programs for treatment. They also do walks for autism. This is a very positive site.

lilik5
August 27th, 2019

If i could rate this group zero stars, i would. This organazation wants to change us by finding a cure! Please dont donate!

christopherg80
June 6th, 2017

This is for all of you people in the Central Florida area that are considering enrolling your kids with ASD in Transform your life coaching in Altamonte Springs FL. For those of you that have heard about the company and know about Paula Breeden who is running it, think twice before enrolling your kids there. Paula Breeden is a scam artist and a liar, and is more interested in making money rather than helping your kids with ASD. Whatever you decide to do is your decision, but I would recommend you enrolling your kids with UCF CARD in Orlando instead of with her. You can save your money a whole lot worth it that way.

genec24
July 29th, 2016

Being someone that is autistic I can say that this website does not represent children or other individuals who have autism. First off they say they hope to eventually find a "cure" for it. Even then, this site represents parents more than the actual individuals who have autism. Secondly, they make it seem like it is a bad thing to have autism. While I will admit that if it is severe autism then someone who has it should get the help for it, I will also say that it if someone has high functioning autism, then they may not need as much help, but personally to wrap this up, they do not represent autism in any way, shape, and/or form.

marym166
February 16th, 2015

I lost al respect for this company when they deleted a negative review I posted about a company they have listed as an option for services for autistic children. The company I was referring to had sent people to my home who went through my personal property and many other unprofessional actions. I feel that people should not be censored when discussing their experience of ABA people as these are people you allow into your home.
I also looked into how the money was spent from this company and compared to what this company brings in they give very little to support families of children with autism as they claim.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AutismSpeaks.org staff and other customers.

Visit us on the web at http://www.autismspeaks.org or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/autismspeaks! Call the Autism Response team for help and resources: 888-AUTISM2.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutismSpeaks.org?

Have a question about AutismSpeaks.org?