Environmental Working Group

Environmental Working Group

www.ewg.org

Environmental Working Group has a consumer rating of 4 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Environmental Working Group also ranks 5th among Environmental sites.

How would you rate Environmental Working Group?

“Now I can FINALLY know what's in cosmetics.”

Mary A.
12/20/18

Now I can FINALLY know what's in cosmetics not listed with ALL the ingredients. I've got 3 kinds of plastics in my blood creating havoc and it's been shocking looking for the culprits, which is ALMOST anything not coming from the "health food" store - shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, lotions, mousse, makeup and on and on. This source has saved me a boatload of time because I was having to actually call manufacturers (you rarely get emails answered) because they don't have to list the crazy number of plasticizers and chemicals separately. I just wish I'd found this site long ago.

“If it's on the Internet, it must be true!”

Albert B.
5/14/18

This site does not back up their claims with real scientific evidence. ALL of the products I have seen reviewed do not base their claims on fact-the only redeeming quality of the site is that you can see that the site uses "limited" or "non-existent" data (but rates the products anyway) if you look closely enough.

marya866
December 20th, 2018
laural186
October 9th, 2017
You can pretty much find every cosmetic ingredient and thank goodness there are people who spend time creating this wonderful resource. Very useful!
albertb95
May 14th, 2018
ronk
October 6th, 2009
www.ewg.org/cellphone-radiation
This web site reviews mobile phones by manufacturer and carrier, to provide you with YOUR phones "SARS" ratings (levels of radiation you are exposed to when phone is against your ear).

I'm certain you'll get a variety of responses when discussing things like dangers of mobile phone radiation and it's effects. But there seems to be enough involved to keep the manufacturers busy trying to LOWER their phone's SARS ratings.

WHEN YOU get to the EWG web site, front page, to your right, you'll see a box saying, "TAKE ACTION". Immediately below is a blue LINK reading "Cell Phone Radiation". Clicking that will take you to a page where the WORST and BEST rated phones are detailed. You can enter YOUR phone's info, carrier, and get a diagrammed rating showing how your device compares to others, and where it falls between least harmful and most.
bridgetg
September 28th, 2013
I have used this site a lot for their ratings of sunscreens, cosmetics and toiletries.They rate the safety of products and down-rate companies that don't adequately disclose ingredients. They also have information on a lot of other issues such as food safety. This is a really helpful site if you have concerns about health and environment.

Questions? Get answers from the Environmental Working Group staff and other customers.

EWG empowers people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. With breakthrough research and education, we drive consumer choice and civic action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Environmental Working Group?

Have a question about Environmental Working Group?