American Public University reviews

Tel: 1-877-755-2787
info@apus.edu

michellew16
4/10/12

If you are a student who depends on financial aid to attend college...stay FAR away from this university! They have told me differing stories and lies regarding my financial aid over the past two semesters and NO one at the school can keep their story and facts straight. I had repeatedly asked the school if I would receive my financial aid to pay for my last semester and was assured that I would...then all of a sudden they tell me that I am not eligible for financial aid and are sticking me with a bill for tution. If they had been honest and told me that there was even a remote chance that I could not receive aid to pay for the semester, I would NOT have enrolled! Yet, they wait to tell me that I cannot get aid until I have been past the time for any refund or drop dates, ensuring that they can bill me for tution! This school is loaded with scammers that work for the financial aid department! My advice....stay far away unless you wanna pay dearly!

as219
4/3/11

One of the most well respected online universities - they have received awards from the prestigious Sloan Consortium and are very well respected in the fields of homeland security, intelligence and public safety (to name a few). Staff is extremely helpful and there is a great support network for students. Highly recommended...

amandaw9
4/2/11

American Public University is not really public in the sense that APU is absolutely FOR PROFIT. APU is an online school giving you an online degree and is part of the American Educational Systems which also includes American Military University and both offer similar degree programs. The APU financial aid department is not that good and kept messing up my financial aid. They cannot seem to be able to get things straight. Worse I later found out that not many employers even know about this school and I had one employer laugh at me for attending an online school. So much for my hard earned money. I later found out that my local community college was much cheaper and also offered online classes. My advice is for people to first look at their local community colleges which are really public and probably cheaper.

if you find out let me know! I am beyond mad at this school. Email me if you get any info. sandrajean68@yahoo.com

By Sandy M.

Questions? Get answers from the American Public University staff and other customers.

1 Photo for American Public University