Review of AOL

AOL reviews

advertise.with.us@aol.com

amelad
7/9/12

AOL- America On-Line , has been used by Americans for online and email purposes. While its popularity has decreased, many users were accustomed to AOL for more than email and contact purposes, but also AOL Music- entertainment.

Aol Music provided its users with in-depth and live sessions from artists and bands. These 'incentives' were appreciated by AOL members who in turn paid for the internet service. However, overtime, people's interests change and find themselves no longer giving the time and money for these types of entertainment. The actual website is effective to a degree, but its lack of purpose prevents it from being completely effective. The pros are the idea behind the product, but due to the time of technology, its popularity and fame have since declined and I would not recommend this to a friend.

omegar
1,539 helpful votes
10/26/11

I disagree with some of these negative reviews. AOL has been nothing more than a great friend to me. I tried hotmail that actually blocked me out of my own account and not just once but several times. I got no help from the customer service at all and they blocked me for no apparent reason allowing me to not even get on the site with my password. I have found AOL mail to be extremely better by far and I am enjoying all of its services. No complaints here for this one I can tell you..

melissam9
9/25/11

Okay, I have an email address as my backup. Although it would be nice to get help if you loose your password as opposed to having to start all over again with a new email address.

sophien
10/1/10

I enjoy a lot of their consumer articles. I use it to stay up to date on recalls and other important scam warnings. My favorite thing about them is the amount of content they produce. The articles are nice and succinct so I don't have to spend too much time reading. It's definitely the only AOL product I still use!! =)

tinar2
9/20/10

They have a lot of articles on saving money, and alerting the consumer. But they turn around and endorse many affiliate programs that are designed to make you spend money. And not in wise ways either. One time they even promoted a book for "saving" that was actually $30-$40 bucks! Where is the savings in that. Plus they also have gained the reputation for editing comments to an extreme degree. They will sometimes take only one sentence from a comment to make themselves look good.

charlesl2
1/17/10

I use AOL when I travel and I've always been happy with their service. They also have a feature that puts my account on hold, so I don't have to pay when I am not using it, which is why I've stayed with them.

armenb
10/30/09

affiliated to AOL.com in the sponsored links there are Scam sites like: