Review of AOL

AOL reviews

advertise.with.us@aol.com

johnr1473
6/20/19

I thought AOL was dead and wish they were. I logged into my account one day (I should say attempted) and was locked out. I called them up and they told me they assigned my account to someone else (I had had it for years). All my emails, everything gone and in someone else's hands. . . Criminal!

nityas4
5/14/19

I created AOL email keeping in mind the safety and security. And I like the service updates notifications that I get time-to-time from AOL admin, so I can keep my contact details and double check the security system and keep it updated.
AOL email service is quite a relief for a user that also helps making a spam free email service.

robertl683
9/4/18

Finally got it on and traveling with it everywhere so hopefully will get some contacts soon. Also put it on Facebook and Instagram so that I would get a lot more visibility and shared it with everyone that I knew. The company has been very supportive of me and I appreciate that. Hope to get some responses soon.

edoardol
8/8/18

I enjoy a lot of their consumer articles. I use it to stay up to date on recalls and other important scam warnings. I use AOL when I travel and I've always been happy with their service.

jessicas527
7/15/18

I am a regular user of aol mail and services from last 3 years got no problem with them.The support staff of aol is really fast and good.New features as aol gold and desktop are reliable to customers.

nissimm
6/4/18

Up to very recently AOL provided excellent customer support. But today I had a very Frustrating & bad experience with the Technical support team of AOl. I have been a Member of AOL for some 25 years. MY AOL Gold suddenly Stopped Working and I called the Technical Support Team of AOL and was told by the same group that once provided the service to contact another team specifically for AOL Gold. Could not reach them at the number provided Several calls during the work hours. Tried to send message by email not possible as they had shut down any further inputs by email tried to call accounts not possible. went back to Tech Support same story. Made 4 rounds. Tried to download AOL Gold as per Posted Directions not completing and shutting off. With This frustrating experience from the technical experts of AOL I Just Wonder How President Donald Trump is going to make America Great Again. He is one great President but somehow something has gone wrong in The Professionalism of the AOL Staff.

robertb932
5/15/18

Here is how they could be better--
* Run fewer depressing stories
* Run more stories that are uplifting
* Don't be so slanted in political ideology--stop with the hate!
* Write articles that educate and make people think

ginnyd2
11/10/17

I never really bothered with AOL as I prefer to use Outlook without logging into a site to get my emails. There are tons of sites with local news that you dont have to log in to, so its really a matter of preference. But what drew my attention to them was Verizon purchasing AOL. As a Verizon customer with all three services, emails are a part of the internet service. But, Verizon requested that customers migrate their accounts to AOL and the email accounts would remain intact as original and you could avoid the hassles if they became AOL email accounts and re-linking them because of a change in email provider. But since then, I noticed a pattern Outlook frequently having problems, getting bombarded with ads and notices that could lead you to lose those Verizon accounts if youre not careful.

So I was getting these notices to update settings with a deadline. In my case, I didnt have to do anything. But, I called AOL and asked Customer Support if they could briefly explain if my assumptions were correct and it became a Technical Support issue with a monthly fee of $4.95. So, theyre telling you that the world will cave in if you dont update, but want to charge you to tell you why. Meanwhile, as a Verizon customer, youre already paying for the email support which you can get from Verizon free of charge. So this is merely a ploy on the part of AOL to try to coerce you into taking on this unnecessary support fee by suddenly causing intermittent email problems that didnt exist before. Verizon claims it might be AOLs servers, but thats nonsense because it happens very selectively with maybe only one email account out of a bunch.

Then I log into AOL and now they want to offer ad-free email experience for $4.95 a month because they need advertisers to support their revenue needs. Thats rubbish. AOL makes plenty of money on the fact that they can treat your emails anonymously for compiling statistics that they can use to make tons of money by providing all types of information to companies willing to buy it.

Bottom line: AOL wants to inspire fear so that you fork over a monthly fee for peace of mind by pulling more than your strings. I suspect Verizon would love to lose those legacy email accounts because many customers would rightly or wrongly assume that they now belong to AOL. Dont take the bait. Save $60 a year.

sophiel26
5/30/17

Aol Technical Support We are providing technical support services for USA users if you have come any kind of issues related of Aol Email just you have to dial Customer support number 1-888-201-2039.Our experts will resolve your issues instant.
RELATED PAGES VISIT :

zandraj
3/10/17

Thank you for your magnificent support! The resume template made this writing process more organized and met my professional requirement expectations.

helenm126
2/20/17

Everything went wel . Very Happy

Just need to know about the insurance that I purchased do I receive anything in the now confirmed that I have the insurance

mikeb349
Mike B.
2/18/17

Zillow has ruined me. They have listed & RE-LISTED my gorgeous Algonquin, Illinois, Barringtton Hills boarder area property / scenic road designated / 150 foot pines / steps away from Presidential Park / steps away from fox river / located next to a mansion & the approved soon to be 25 acre finest development in the largest recreational waterway in the USA, for a $9,500 auction price as apposed to the $349,000 4 acre property. STAY FAR AWAY FROM ZILLOW.

maryd233
2/14/17

I finally got my refund from dresslily after never getting my order. I ordered back in November. First they gave me a partial refund then I just got my full refund after I gave them a terrible review. I still will not order again from them.

candaced5
2/8/17

WHY? BECAUSE OF MY CRITICISM OF TRUMP. IVE USED ABBREVIATIONS I LEARNED FROM OTHERS THAT WERE ACCEPTABLE BUT I APPARENTLY WAS TOO ACCURATE IN MY DESCRIPTIONS OF THE WHOLE WHITE TRASH FAMILY LIKE A$$HOLE. BSTRD, PIECE OF SH$T. TOO STRONG FOR AOL? SUCH TERMS USED BY OTHERS. I'M OFFENSIVE? LOOK WHAT HE IS DOING TO AMERICA AND THE WORLD...THAT IS OFFENSIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

cindyh98
1/25/17

I won an item on dealdash, well they send me two of the items! I wrote to them and they told me to keep the item for my honesty. Thank you dealdash! I love my twin items!

allisonm60
1/3/17

I was so happy with the product I ordered four more items. The pictures were nice and clear and the quality was wonderful.

berthad14
11/20/16

Looking for Charlie B Williamson live in louievillie ky

donaldm81
11/18/16

its worth it to make people laugh

jimc173
11/16/16

aol news page is ok most of the time however at times it freezes o/s windows 10

jamesl123
6/3/15

Much like a rerun of "Love American Style," AOL just hasn't aged well. Its Mac software no longer works on the Yosemite OS for Mac (though AOL says it is a priority to fix it, it has now been a "priority" since October 2014), and its Windows software is hoary with age. Not that I use it much at all, but every once and a while I think to myself, "I wonder what AOL is like these days" and I will take a whirl at its website, play around with its Desktop software, and tinker in its AOL Mail. It's like time has stood still. It kind of works, sort of, but not really well. I like the idea of a walled-garden proprietary desktop program -- but it has to do something, or provide some benefit that the web itself, unwalled, does not provide. AOL fails in this regard.

Much like Hollywood has done on some film properties (like Star Trek and Spiderman), AOL needs to be "re-imagined." I'm sure I'll look at AOL again in the next few months, but I expect nothing pleasing about it, except, a dose of nostalgia.

antoniom31
1/28/14

Aol or how do you get rid of them.

Aol used to be the google of its days back in time but they became .. well, what they became.

I had an email account with them and for months, I had no issues with them. But suddenly I started to have technical problems and issues with emails that I didn't received or were not sent, the site was down, the technical support as well.....

I did the usual check on security, hacking, anti virus, change passwords etc.. But it wasn't that. Until I realised that the real problem was aol !

I sent repeatedly request to their support and got always the same robotic and out of context answers.
Finally, I decided to get rid of this account and delete it. This is where the real problems started.

they do everything in order you can't cancel your account including:
- Having no article clearly explaining how do so in their help and support
- Having the "cancel" page constantly down to be sure you won't cancel
- Never ever answering your emails about cancellation

I finally found how to cancel my account through a third party web page and deleted it.

My conclusion, AOL is like smoking, don't start or stopping will be really hard. Never again !

ericl38
11/30/13

Excellent email service, and great homepage. Have used this service for years and love it! Would recommend!

billb75
11/3/13
erich152
11/1/13

I have been trying to contact aol for over 2 weeks now and have got nothing in return. I have filed requests for assistance on their website, left voice mails, sent emails and received nothing. This is causing a loss of business and is a serious burden on our company. The only this I get back is an automated email saying "Thank you for contacting AOL Email Support. In regards with the concern, please contact AOL Postmaster and send a request for support. For help on how to contact AOL Postmaster, please follow the steps below. 1. Visit http://postmaster.aol.com 2. Click on the "Postmaster Support Request" link 3. Fill out information under the "For Internet Senders (non-AOL members):" Note: AOL Postmaster is the department of AOL who handles incoming and outgoing emails. You may or may not receive a response email from them once you filed for the support ticket but rest assure that they are working for it. If the problem persists, please file for another ticket after 24 to 48 hours. Please reply to this email if you have further questions. "

ONLY ISSUE IS THIS WAS 2 WEEKS AGO AND I REPLIED SEVERAL TIMES WITH NOTHING IN RETURN NOT EVEN AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT THEY RECEIVED THE EMAIL.

damonr9
1/17/13

I have been using aol for a long time and it has never let me down, it used to be so popular now a lot of people don't even know about it.

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the AOL staff and other customers.

3 Photos for AOL