AnnualCreditReport reviews

Atlanta, GA 30348, US
Tel: 1465488272444

edwardw43
5/17/18

I was rerouted several times which made me felt uncomfortable. I had to restart browser to clear cache to make sure I wasn't hacked.

It was difficult to navigate through the website.

DO NOT dispute any wrong info ONLINE before talking to a lawyer!!! Clicking "by Agreeing mumbo Jumbo anythin" we bind you to arbitration.

You will waive your right for legal representation with a lawyer who most of the time will do it on contingency!

bj329
2/13/18

Does not work. All three said can't verify info even with simple Questions answered correctly!!

Don't waist your time. total BS

tammym117
1/23/18

Just printed all 3 reports! no issues... just wished the score was included.

Anyway... this is a good and Free.

:-)

willw29
9/13/16

Anyone interested in obtaining a totally FREE copy of the their Consumer Credit Report can go https://www.annualcreditreport.com. This site has been set up by the big three credit reporting agencies in the United States, to furnish free annual credit reports once a year. After you log onto the site click on "Request Yours Now!. Fill in the form to verify your information and follow the links to obtain your free credit report from each of the big 3 credit bureau. The site is easy to navigate, however, make sure to answer the security questions correctly. The website may have an option asking if you "owned a chevy in 1961 along with other challenge questions to verify that you are not a robot. If none of the options pertain to you just click none. ** IMPORTANT! Consumers are only allowed one free credit report per year from each credit bureau. Write down the date that request your credit reports so you can remember when you are able to request new credit reports next year...and the years after. ** TIP: It is easier to dispute credit issues after you obtain a credit file number. You can use the file number listed on your free credit report. *** WARNING!!!! Make sure you use the exact URL I provided so you will land on the site that says "The only source for your free credit report. Authorized federal law. Several companies have paid to have their name show up as the first result when you Google "free credit report' in an attempt to get you pay to receive your credit report. DO NOT get tricked into paying your credit report. Hope this helps everyone. There is such a thing as a FREE CREDIT REPORT. The problem is that there isn't a campaign to inform the consumer. Feel free to forward this on to your friends.

johno119
9/7/16

I have tried for two days to get a copy of any credit report. I have yet to accomplish that goal and now the website thinks I've obtained copies and won't give my any information.

Absolutely the worst website I have ever used!

Now I have to send for copies, explain what happened and hope for the best. If that doesn't work I will have to fork over money for a "free" credit report.

AWFUL!

pom9
1/7/16

Seemed this worked well years ago--note how the star ratings have declined!
I concur with the other recent bad reviews--blocked from progessing, CANNOT send a comment--it continues to ask 'for more information', I got Trans, but blocked by Ex after a couple steps, and couldn't get past go w/Eq. Some of the info on me in Ex was WRONG--they insisted I'd had some activity that didn't exist, or amounts were incorrect. After getting 1 report, it's unclear if pressing the 'continue' button bumps you out of the whole process, or continues to the next company report.
Probably worthy of 2 stars (You would not recommend it), but these things should be flawless. I know, I've written I-net code/interfaces; I gave it a 1 star.
What should have been a 10 minute process, will now surpass an hour, since I will be making phone calls to acquire my reports; mail? 2 hours? Trip to post office? Sh*t!

Tip for consumers: Good luck!

elliotr13
1/1/16

GOT INFO MY CREDIT REPORT ON THIS SITE AND EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GOOD. NOW I NEED MY FREE CREDIT SCORE !Although it is the official, free, government-mandated site, annualcreditreport.com there's red icon once you have credit report that says " to have your credit score you have to pay almost $8.00 to have that info? Don't make any sense!? Why don't they have the next step have your FREE credit score!?

deidrea
12/13/15

I literally just got my Experian and Transunion credit reports from this site with no problems at all. I'm shocked actually, because I'd researched it and I always expect a scam or a bate and switch. Nope, put in my info, asked me some verifying questions opened up the reports and I saved them to my computer. You will have to pay for your Fico score though, but I didn't need that, so no problem For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by how easy something was and it never once asked for any credit card info.

salvaciond
12/9/15

No comment

desmondb13
12/4/15

Worked perfect. Submitted some information. Requested only Experian after reading some reviews. Everyone was accurate, previous address and phone numbers. Report loading fine. Mozilla Firefox 42.0 used.

toniy1
5/15/15

In 2013 I used this process and within 5 minutes I had all 3 reports, it was great. Now, two years later, the only report I could get was from Experian. Transunion just gave me a " we can't fulfill your request page even though I hadn't even gone through the verification process. And Equifax asked me questions I didn't know the answers to before they sent me to the request by mail page. It is obvious that they do not want to fulfill their obligations and the bottom line is, you have to pay before you get any info, despite the government mandate.

stuartd15
5/14/15

I think you get one free credit report per year from each of the main credit bureaus, but you can get them all on this site. The government regulates it. Any other site that charges you for your credit report is probably trying to scam you.

Tip for consumers: Don't click on any ads once you get your credit report. You shouldn't have to pay for any of it.

kathrynw11
5/6/15

Brought you by the same guys at TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. A better approach in my opinion is to get a credit report from each agency after 4 months interval. This way you can get credit report which covers information of a whole year.

marilyns15
1/23/15

Although it is the official, free, government-mandated site, annualcreditreport.com is useless online. According to their own FAQ they work with the following browser versions:
Internet Explorer 8.0 and 9.0 (Current version is 11 as of 1/23/2015)
Mozilla Firefox 18.0 and 19.0 (Current version is 35 or 36 as of 1/23/2015)
Google Chrome 24.0 and 25.0 (Current version is 39 or 40 as of 1/23/2015)
Safari 5.0 and 6.0 (Current version is 7 as of 1/23/2015)
They might as well just post the mail-in request form and put us all out of our misery (especially the part where they ask for my Social Security number on a poorly encrypted site)

Write your congressperson! Write the FTC. Let your friends know about this sneaky way of getting out of online service levels simply by having their joint venture company (Central Source LLC) going back-level on their browser interfaces so they don't work anymore.

kathim1
1/5/15

That they do not provide credit reports online is ridiculous! If they don't have a secure site that allows such secure transactions, then they should not take my social security number and other sensitive information online. Every other credit report service provides online reports. They are operating as if it's the 1970s! Additionally, the information they require to send copies of in order to obtain your credit report by mail is not something everyone has. For instance, I am self-employed. I do not have pay stubs or a W2. Ridiculous requirements. Finally, the United States Postal Service outsources most of its processes. I do not use the USPS because of this, to say nothing of mail fraud and mail theft. There is no way I would send a copy of my SSN through the USPS.

They need to re-evaluate their antiquated requirements. Until they do, I use a company that knows how to protect my information online.

jcw2
10/4/14

AnnualCreditReport's website has fallen into disrepair. Last year I got all three reports, bang bang bang, no problems. This year, it only directed me to Equifax. I had one item to dispute on that report, so once I got "into" the Eq website, I could not get back to ACR's website to save my life, in order to check the other two agencies for errors (yes, I clicked on all 3). I was directed only to the Eq link, not to Ex or TU. When I tried to start all over, naturally ACR said I was out of luck, since I already had gotten my "one free report" for the year!

Ok...so I'll have to pay for the other two. But I wanted to let ACR know about the problem, and guess what? Their "Contact Us" form is inoperable! I took the time to recount the problem I had, and when I got to the end of the form, there was nothing to click to send the information except a "Tell us more about you" button (???). So I clicked on that, hoping that it would submit my communication. Then, I got a red error message saying that "Tell us more about you" was an invalid request and to "try again"!!!! Like a fool, I did try again...twice. No dice. By then I was gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out. So now I'm ranting here to get it off my chest!

They really need to fire their IT person who messed up a perfectly good website. It was so easy last year...this year, a nightmare.

joen22
9/16/14

This site is a TOTAL JOKE!! None of the agencies will give you a report online. They ask for all your information then give you a paper form to print and mail in. Seems like a giant scam to me. Looks like the federal government needs to step back in and tell these idiots to be fair to consumers - again!

francism26
7/23/14

None of the three credit agencies provided my credit score online; I completed all of the steps, answered all of the questions, and each of the agencies in turn told me I needed to request my credit score in writing. $#@! This site is useless.

gregj23
6/29/14

I was a bit nervous from the last two reviews and hesitant in getting my credit reports. The overall experience was rather simple. I read carefully and understood and was able to save/print each report. When requesting your reports, Annualcreditreport.com opens an new link for each company, TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.

The only thing I could complain about that appears to have nothing to do with Annualcreditreport.com is finding the ability on each new hyperlink in printing the PDF version of the report. If you are computer savvy, then you can do a regular print command and then save it as a PDF or set you printer preference to pdf.

Total time spent getting reports was about 15-20 minutes.

As others have mentioned: make sure you have a copy saved before continuing onto the next report. You will not be able to return to it.

Good luck!

km52
6/19/14

I wish I could give this site 0 stars. I agree with the reviewer who said that the credit reporting agencies have put in minimal (at best) effort with this "service", and only because the federal government has mandated it. I think that the federal government needs to head over and check it out, because the credit reporting agencies are absolutely NOT fulfilling their obligations to provide a free credit report to consumers once per year through this site. (Nevermind how hilariously ridiculous it is that we can only view our own personal information once a year without paying for it.) I have been told by two of three agencies that I must submit a request over the phone or through the mail because, for whatever arbitrary reason, they can't fulfil my request online. There is no live human to speak to on the phone, either. So when I don't receive my report as I am anticipating, I have exactly ZERO recourse. I am at their mercy and they are able to hold my personal information hostage, despite laws that were put in place to protect me (and you) from exactly this.

jeremyh29
5/6/14

HORRIBLE experience.

First, this is a legit site. It (theoretically) allows you to get your credit report from all three credit report providers once a year, free of charge.

BUT they make it as incredibly painful for you as possible. I am an application developer, and their site fails just about every usability test I can imagine.

1) They use CAPTCHA-style human verification, but they use one with all capital letters. Typically, this type is case-insensitive, but is theirs? Of course not! Of course, they don't bother TELLING you that it's case insensitive, so you put in three bad codes and BOOM! They decide you've had enough fun, and make you start over from the BEGINNING. All the data you entered (the human verification is on the bottom) is wiped out.

2) The site is EXTREMELY counterintuitive, and the "security" questions they ask you are not good ones. If you, for example, pay more on a loan than is required, that might be a bad answer (or not? who knows? They won't tell you.)

3) There is no opportunity to provide feedback for how badly they are screwing up. They have a "Contact Us" form, but even properly filled out, with all sorts of personal information, and another CAPTCHA trap, it won't accept your data... and after three times of verifying that all the fields they ask for are correct and properly filled in, and clicking submit, it blows away your feedback and makes you start over again, with absolutely no explanation.

Long story short, this is not a "service". This is something the federal government *required* the credit report providers to provide, and they put the absolute minimum effort into actually doing what they were required to do.

There is also no phone number, no email, no opportunity to contact a human to explain the multitudes of problems with this site. Good luck.

loric27
2/7/14

This site is supposed to be the real deal. I even accessed it through the FTC. However, .I am highly disappointed with the experience I had two days ago. I wanted to order all three reports so I went through the process and just as it went to the transunion page where I could view my transunion. I clicked the save as PDF button to save it. So I actually didn't see all of the report and never had an option to get access to my other reports. The site redirects me to a page with a message saying the page was temporarily unavailable and to check back later. Never could get my reports as I ordered! and to make it even worse I had trouble with their contact forms. Had to give it a few tries before it actually went through. Now I am without my reports and they haven't contacted me. I can't access their site either because the link shows a 404 page.

cynthiav1
2/5/14

REAL website. It is referenced for used by the FTC. If you would like to se their reference go to : http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2005/08/consumers-across-country-eligible-free-annual-credit-reports

Very helpful to see which credit companies are on file. I had peace of mind after checking. However you only get to use it once a year if you pick all three credit agencies which is Equifax, Experian and Transunion.

hok6
1/28/14

They are suspicious. they ask all personal information even social security and final ask request by mail. why? if they want ask information by mail why they didn't tell it at first. I think they steel my information. what should I do?

staciap
6/4/13

I got my credit report for free from Annual Credit Report, but I wanted my credit score too. They make you pay for that.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the AnnualCreditReport staff and other customers.

AnnualCreditReport?