Review of AllRecipes

New Berlin, WI 53151, US
Tel: 1-800-459-2969

jeffreyd121
11/10/18

Allrecipes is now a garbage site. Can no longer print recipes so smartphones and tablets stay out of the kitchen. Won't work with Echo Show properly either. You ask for pot roast recipes, it gives you one, plus 500 other recipes not even remotely resembling pot roast. So full of ads and other extraneous crap that it is difficult to distinguish what is important and what is not. Sad commentary on what is going on generally these days.

susand497
Susan D.
11/7/18

Sweet & Sour Chilli & Tomatoe Chutney. Tony Arnold.
Could not find on website how to review his recipe.

joyceb150
11/2/18

Since summer I can only get some of my collections. I get an error message not able to get all recipies try later. I have sent 4 emails to tech support to no avail. I even sent them a picture of the error message. I am extremely angry at this point

skippyj1
10/27/18

They have changed this to make it smart-phone friendly or some stupid marketing concept and it's become useless to me. It used to be my go-to site but, now, forget it. I've got better things to do than mindlessly sort through good and bad recipes among thousands. I strongly suspect that as the website gained use, some marketing talked them into a scheme where actually having to navigate through all the crap increased ad "click throughs." Once again, the consumer loses!

ss379
10/26/18

It used to be my go-to site, then they decided to "upgrade" it to be more like pintrest. Now it is useless. I have not found and made a single recipe from there since. The add or remove ingredients could be good but is very poorly implemented, I am allergic to vinegar and to remove that as an ingredient I'd have to remove every single type separately but they don't allow enough. I've tried a few times since but now the search just sticks on "waiting", and never loads. Good while it lasted, now a complete waste of time.

kimg214
10/18/18

This site used to be great. Recently, I noticed that a few of the Pro features disappeared. Since 2012, I've paid for the pro subscription. In Jan 2018, I paid for 2 years,I don't have the Pro features. I've emailed 4 times and I've called and left a message two times. Awful and so disappointing. I'm looking for an alternative.

marial301
8/14/18

Used to be fun but not anymore after update some time ago. MAybe time for an update again seeing the bad reviews lately

carlas120
7/6/18

This site was my fave, my trusted go to quickly and get dinner going, saved time and helped with dinner time blues. I love to search by ingredients. Come back to us. The app has been removed from my streaming device.

lisag405
5/23/18

This site contains so many cooking recipes I've never seen, I do like these delicate food pics, but there are really too many choices to make a quick decision. You might meet an unpalatable recipe if you randomly pick one, or spend too much time to find the best one. A good place to try new tastes.

tarcottim
5/9/18

This site has completely changed the way you search for recipes. By getting rid of the "search by popularity or rating" feature, it lists the recipes in completely random order!!! Now when I look for chicken recipes, I have to look through 6000 recipes to find the best one? Um, no. As a busy working mom, I have no time for this. I'll be using another site until this is fixed.

donnaw162
3/30/18

Ads galore and no ability to filter or sort. Now its endless scrolling with no ability to distill what I need. Goodbye my dear recipe site.. I'll miss you

jok73
3/27/18

I just received my first magazine and had to turn 13 pages before I found a recipe. There are also ads among the recipes throughout the magazine. It's not worth the deal I got for a subscription. I'm aware that ads are a must, but this is beyond ridiculous!

melissab224
3/24/18

title says it all, that was one of the core functions of all recipes; if i want to see jumbled up posts, i'll visit pinterest, thanks

jut17
3/9/18

I used to love allrecipes.com and allrecipes.co.uk. I had quite a few "go to" recipes which I found by searching by star rating. Suddenly the site is a hotchpotch of recipes. There may be several hundreds or in some cases, thousands recipes for a particular dish, e.g. apple pie, lasagne/lasagna or brownies but they are completely jumbled up with one star recipes, four star recipes and some new recipes that have not even been rated. I just don't have the time to search through hundreds of recipes to find my favourites. Sadly I didn't book mark or copy my favourite allrecipes recipes. Trying to filter by ingredients doesn't work when your go to recipe was failry standard. Hundreds upon hundreds are returned in the search. Life is too short to use the site. My friends say exactly the same thing.

andyy11
3/4/18

On the old website, I could dsearch by keyword or ingredient, then sort by rating! Please bring back the old way of sorting!

lauran81
3/2/18

I've loved and trusted Allrecipes.com for years. But in the last few months, I can't visit the website on my phone without getting automatically forwarded to a scam "You've been selected for a free iPhone/amazon giftcard/whatever!" website. I downloaded the app, but as you know, it's worthless, so I deleted it.

Opting to use the website solely on my laptop, I've noticed some... strange things happening when I'm on the website. Like my MacBook pro reloads the page, and the fan kicks in. I'm going to repeat that: the Macbook's FAN KICKS IN. What is this website doing to my laptop?! I even got an error message that said the website was using "too much memory." Literally, this has never happened with any other website. I have SO much memory available on my laptop. What is going ON?!

sheilaw59
2/17/18

Allrecipes once was my favorite site for searching recipes. That was...until they got rid of the ability to sort by rating. I only searched for the highest rated recipes...why would I waste time making a dish only rated one star?? Thankfully I saved many of these favorites. I even emailed them directly and received an obligatory response stating that they would pass my remarks/suggestions on to their technical team. Newsflash...your new Allrecipe format sucks! You are losing faithful, longtime users Now I just google or go to the Pioneer Wonan site...my Allrecipes replacement. HORRIBLE decision Allrecipes, and SHAME ON YOU for not listening to your users!!

cd142
2/12/18

This used to be my go-to because I could sort by rating. It is worthless now. Please fired the person that overlooked this and take these user reviews to heart. Bring back that feature before you blow it forever. Thanks!

rayc132
2/12/18

Not sure why they stopped allowing you to do this. This used to be my favorite recipe website. I'm assuming they probably push ads to the top that people pay for instead of actually good recipes.

yourc4
2/9/18

This used to be my go-to website but the updates have ruined it to the point where it is pretty much useless. You can't sort by rating or cooking method anymore. I used to visit it daily and now maybe look at it once a year if Food Network, Delish, or ANY of the other sites that actually function as intended are unavailable.

kathys215
2/5/18

I used to love using this website, but now because you cannot search by ratings I go to other websites. Sad because this was the place to go!!!

jodiv9
1/27/18

Used to be one of my favorite websites. Today I find it utterly frustrating and a huge waste of time. I have trouble finding popular recipes that I've used in the past and loathe no longer being able to sort for what I'm looking for. The site simply assumes it knows best anymore. Miss the old version - RIP.

Tip for consumers: Still good intel in the review/forums, just far, far harder to get to unless you have tons of time and aren't on a phone or tablet. Nearly useless on mobile devices and generally 75% crappier than what it used to be:(

ac817
1/13/18

Bunch of Morons. poll your users before making idiotic changes to your site; cannot sort by reviews of recipes . Took away vital and useful user tools. Seems to me like you took this function away to possibly have users stay longer on your site by making them hunt for recipes to get a higher engagement score and lower bounce rate...in reality you probably have missed the mark..I bet most of us long time users are leaving very quickly now or not coming at all....

nunyab47
1/12/18

Like many others, I've frequented this site for many, many years. There were thousands of user-submitted recipes, and tens of thousands of ratings + reviews to guide you. Now, that most critical feature of the website has been rendered useless due to some idiot removing the ability to sort recipes by rating.

I understood when the site started turning into more of an online magazine, although I did not see the use of it. I bristled when they intrusively started "suggesting" where I could buy the ingredients for my recipes nearby, and at what price. But losing the ability to figure out which recipe is best, as crowd-decided by thousands like me? Sorry, but someone should be fired and publicly shamed for stupidity. It's like Burger King decided to stop selling burgers; I only went there for one thing, and now it's gone.

krise20
1/7/18

This used to be my go-to place for ideas. Not anymore! A cheesecake recipe and "how to cook steak" came up when I did an ingredient search for shrimp+bacon+barbecue sauce! To quote my sister, "What the what the?"

13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree with everyone else. Without the ability to sort recipes by ratings this site is pretty much worthless to me.

By Taylor L.

you cant

By Marilyn K.

I have been able to identify it is now depending on the browser. There is a new Microsoft one that has problems. Also, the browser version should be current (IE 11+) - I use Chrome. The big problem is All Recipes uses Shockwave and it always crashes. I have complained to the max with these people to no avail. They are hell bent on a social media presence. I have let them know they will never be a Pintrest or Yummly .. lol Yea, their patented answer about clearing cookies.... is so old it has gray hair.

By ML M.

I sent them an email and basically they told me it was my fault. I had already cleared my cache and done everything else recommended in their FAQs. So frustrating! I keep hoping to find an answer.

By Carol L.

Questions? Get answers from the AllRecipes staff and other customers.

AllRecipes?