Review of AllRecipes

New Berlin, WI 53151, US
Tel: 1-800-459-2969

markg588
4/10/19

I wanted a recipe for a quiche and this site came up. I entered my email address to go with the program and get the recipe email to me. Shortly there after I have been Bombarded with emails that look like they are come from my email address to me. Now they have jacked up an email address that has long been clean. DONT GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL ADDEESS. Scammers

nm117
4/1/19

It used to be so easy to find a recipe on here. Especially through the ingredient search. I used to love this because I'd have various items that I'd need to make into a dish and the ingredient search WAS excellent. Now when I try to do an ingredient search the page pulls up about 5 actual recipes that pertain to what I'm searching. The rest is ads and how to do this or that - totally unrelated to what I'm searching. I HATE IT. It's too bad. This used to be such a great website - Booooo!

spams3
2/18/19

Tried to print a tater tot casserole recipe on two different laptops and it doesn't work. Just trying to write the review here, the damn spell checker starts to correct and comes up with the stupid "block" window which doesn't behave like any other spell checker I've ever used and reverts the "corrected" text back to the start of what you are typing. I'm done - will block this site in my hosts file. You people need to snip your programmers so they don't pass their genes on. One star, but only because it wouldn't allow ZERO!

wendyb255
Wendy B.
2/10/19

People very often, that's to say almost always, rate recipes according to changes that they made to the recipe. This is infuriating. If you see a recipe with 5 stars you'd think it is awesome. Then you read all the reviews and see that people really gave their variation of the recipe 5 stars. Not cool people.

suzanneh126
1/31/19

There is no way to cancel the Pro membership service. There is no phone number for the website only an email. If you call the 1-800 number, you get some foreign country and they only know about the magazine. I paid for the Pro upgrade renewal but not getting the added benefits. As I try to find where my card information is located (it too is well hidden) - there is no way to cancel the automatic renewal. BEWARE

cindyw131
12/5/18

I used to LOVE this site. I used it all the time. I hate it now and have just about given up on it. I have found I am searching for recipes anywhere other than her now. The site is so slow. The little Apple wheel just spins and spins. This does not happen on any other site I use. I loved you once allreipes but I am breaking up with you. Goodbye.

robins355
11/24/18

This website has been in a steep decline since acquired by Meridith and new Microsoft CEO installed. Many users have been unable to access their saved recipes for months as many "Collections" will not open and give an "Oops" message. Latest problem is their website will not open giving an Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE. Problems repeatedly reported to Allrecipes by multiple users (see "Ask the Community") but no reply is given by Allrecipes. More advertisers need to weigh in as they're not reaching the audience they may think they are, and ad $ being wasted.

severinw
11/22/18

Its quite ok, I use it on my phone to check on the recipe and to make sure I'm doing everything properly, I don't have a printer and don't want to hoard a bunch of papers.

scottk232
11/21/18

System is slow and prone to errors. I had to enter my recipe twice to get it to take. Simply doesn't function well at all. Also, can't sort by RATING? Really!?

You have to wonder what idiot made these choices. And who is "maintaining" the system? 3rd graders with crayons?

jeffreyd121
11/10/18

Allrecipes is now a garbage site. Can no longer print recipes so smartphones and tablets stay out of the kitchen. Won't work with Echo Show properly either. You ask for pot roast recipes, it gives you one, plus 500 other recipes not even remotely resembling pot roast. So full of ads and other extraneous crap that it is difficult to distinguish what is important and what is not. Sad commentary on what is going on generally these days.

susand497
Susan D.
11/7/18

Sweet & Sour Chilli & Tomatoe Chutney. Tony Arnold.
Could not find on website how to review his recipe.

joyceb150
11/2/18

Since summer I can only get some of my collections. I get an error message not able to get all recipies try later. I have sent 4 emails to tech support to no avail. I even sent them a picture of the error message. I am extremely angry at this point

skippyj1
10/27/18

They have changed this to make it smart-phone friendly or some stupid marketing concept and it's become useless to me. It used to be my go-to site but, now, forget it. I've got better things to do than mindlessly sort through good and bad recipes among thousands. I strongly suspect that as the website gained use, some marketing talked them into a scheme where actually having to navigate through all the crap increased ad "click throughs." Once again, the consumer loses!

ss379
10/26/18

It used to be my go-to site, then they decided to "upgrade" it to be more like pintrest. Now it is useless. I have not found and made a single recipe from there since. The add or remove ingredients could be good but is very poorly implemented, I am allergic to vinegar and to remove that as an ingredient I'd have to remove every single type separately but they don't allow enough. I've tried a few times since but now the search just sticks on "waiting", and never loads. Good while it lasted, now a complete waste of time.

kimg214
10/18/18

This site used to be great. Recently, I noticed that a few of the Pro features disappeared. Since 2012, I've paid for the pro subscription. In Jan 2018, I paid for 2 years,I don't have the Pro features. I've emailed 4 times and I've called and left a message two times. Awful and so disappointing. I'm looking for an alternative.

marial301
8/14/18

Used to be fun but not anymore after update some time ago. MAybe time for an update again seeing the bad reviews lately

carlas120
7/6/18

This site was my fave, my trusted go to quickly and get dinner going, saved time and helped with dinner time blues. I love to search by ingredients. Come back to us. The app has been removed from my streaming device.

lisag405
5/23/18

This site contains so many cooking recipes I've never seen, I do like these delicate food pics, but there are really too many choices to make a quick decision. You might meet an unpalatable recipe if you randomly pick one, or spend too much time to find the best one. A good place to try new tastes.

tarcottim
5/9/18

This site has completely changed the way you search for recipes. By getting rid of the "search by popularity or rating" feature, it lists the recipes in completely random order!!! Now when I look for chicken recipes, I have to look through 6000 recipes to find the best one? Um, no. As a busy working mom, I have no time for this. I'll be using another site until this is fixed.

donnaw162
3/30/18

Ads galore and no ability to filter or sort. Now its endless scrolling with no ability to distill what I need. Goodbye my dear recipe site.. I'll miss you

jok73
3/27/18

I just received my first magazine and had to turn 13 pages before I found a recipe. There are also ads among the recipes throughout the magazine. It's not worth the deal I got for a subscription. I'm aware that ads are a must, but this is beyond ridiculous!

melissab224
3/24/18

title says it all, that was one of the core functions of all recipes; if i want to see jumbled up posts, i'll visit pinterest, thanks

jut17
3/9/18

I used to love allrecipes.com and allrecipes.co.uk. I had quite a few "go to" recipes which I found by searching by star rating. Suddenly the site is a hotchpotch of recipes. There may be several hundreds or in some cases, thousands recipes for a particular dish, e.g. apple pie, lasagne/lasagna or brownies but they are completely jumbled up with one star recipes, four star recipes and some new recipes that have not even been rated. I just don't have the time to search through hundreds of recipes to find my favourites. Sadly I didn't book mark or copy my favourite allrecipes recipes. Trying to filter by ingredients doesn't work when your go to recipe was failry standard. Hundreds upon hundreds are returned in the search. Life is too short to use the site. My friends say exactly the same thing.

andyy11
3/4/18

On the old website, I could dsearch by keyword or ingredient, then sort by rating! Please bring back the old way of sorting!

lauran81
3/2/18

I've loved and trusted Allrecipes.com for years. But in the last few months, I can't visit the website on my phone without getting automatically forwarded to a scam "You've been selected for a free iPhone/amazon giftcard/whatever!" website. I downloaded the app, but as you know, it's worthless, so I deleted it.

Opting to use the website solely on my laptop, I've noticed some... strange things happening when I'm on the website. Like my MacBook pro reloads the page, and the fan kicks in. I'm going to repeat that: the Macbook's FAN KICKS IN. What is this website doing to my laptop?! I even got an error message that said the website was using "too much memory." Literally, this has never happened with any other website. I have SO much memory available on my laptop. What is going ON?!

13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I agree with everyone else. Without the ability to sort recipes by ratings this site is pretty much worthless to me.

By Taylor L.

Cant review the reviews anymore. Why? This is crazy. Why write a review?

By Kim H.

Same here.  I think we've been defrauded.  So much has gone bad with this formerly good site.  Maybe time fot some class action.

By Debra R.

you cant

By Marilyn K.

I have been able to identify it is now depending on the browser. There is a new Microsoft one that has problems. Also, the browser version should be current (IE 11+) - I use Chrome. The big problem is All Recipes uses Shockwave and it always crashes. I have complained to the max with these people to no avail. They are hell bent on a social media presence. I have let them know they will never be a Pintrest or Yummly .. lol Yea, their patented answer about clearing cookies.... is so old it has gray hair.

By ML M.

Questions? Get answers from the AllRecipes staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AllRecipes