Review of AirFrance

Tel: + 353 16590442
pepena@airfrance.com

beatriced6
12/31/18

I had planned a trip to France with my granddaughter using miles in my account.
I booked her a one way DAllas to Paris on American which was easy and clear cut.
I had previously gone to the Air France site and saw that our planned dates of return Paris to New York were available for 25500 miles each
When I tried to book the flights, I kept getting a message "Technical error has happened."
I tried over 3 consecutive days to book with always the same results
When I called the frequent flyer desk the operator told me that indeed on his screen the flights appeared at the 25 500 miles level but that it was not available really at that level and that I needed fork over 47 000 per person for the desired flight or any flight on that day
So much for deceptive practices.

ivankap
3/1/18

I travel a lot to Europ with different air lines,and we all know that food is not great! Traveling with Air France was surprise, their meals was so good,I wish I known that before,I would use them more often!

samyj3
11/14/17

challah vs mourrez bandes de pute j v enculer vs gran mer les tantouse vos mere jles prend dans les fesses wlh c violoent comment la mere a romain jlui fais du sal avec mon zboub

cristinah3
6/21/17

Air France recently implemented a new policy where seat selection is for the rich! Only if you pay extra now you can have the privilege of selecting your seat upon booking your coach flight. What a nerve! I am especially annoyed because my fiance and I chose them for our honeymoon, and we cannot select to be together!

Flying internationally is already over $1000 for most of us not flying out of 'popular' cities, and on top of that they expect more money for a seat! Add that to the narrower and more uncomfortable seats and the reduced leg room, and flying will just be a totally horrible experience!
The good thing is there is quite the competition out there, and it's growing. No more business from this couple for Air France, that's for sure!

bobd79
8/17/15

My experience with AF was actually okay - just thought I should put it out there that:

Air France is NOT a first class airline. And it would serve all customers well to know that. What it is, is an average airline, who probably doesn't pay for priority use of air space and runways.

With this in mind, I consulted their Social Media team (definitely responsive before you pay up), and took screenshots of everything that they said (basically that I would be covered if there were delays, that I would receive equal assistance as everyone else (I'm coloured), etc etc). And then I booked my ticket. This ensured that if anything goes wrong, I would be able to raise a ruckus.

Next i took my flight - the cabin was new, and entertainment was touchscreen and responsive, unlike the crappy entertainment system on every other airline (including Singapore airlines) - I personally thought it was way more comfortable because the seats slide out, so when i recline, the person behind gets space too.

My flights were slightly delayed, but what did you expect with a cheap ticket? I recommend you take this airline with a fully charged iPad of your own, and good travel insurance.

junw2
5/8/15

Dear Air France, we bid thee a solemn goodbye after 11 years because we have principles which differ vastly from yours. We believe in loyalty, responsibility, trust and righteousness. You believe in otherwise so we have to part our ways.

Our Singapore to Paris customer service experience on Air France was nothing short of terrible.

We have been an Air France customer since 2004, flying to Paris once or twice a year. To date, we had never experienced a flight delay with Air France before until this incident.

On 30 Jan 2015, the daily Air France flight from Singapore to Paris was due to take-off at 1.05am and was delayed due to the fact that Air France had not got clearance from air traffic control to fly over Afghanistan or Algeria.

Because of that, all passengers who were on board the flight had to wait in their seats at Singapore Changi Airport for over an hour before the plane could take-off.

Our flight AF259 was due to arrive in Paris Charles De Gaulle airport at 8.05am on the 30 Jan 2015. However, the flight arrived in Paris at 9.30am. As a result of Air France's flight delay and with the luggage only being released at 9.45am, by the time we rushed to the connecting terminal, the plane had already departed.

Because of our previous flight delay by Air France, we had missed not one but two connecting flights for Edinburgh via London at 10.40am.

We had to purchase a new set of tickets immediately in order to reach our destination.

The Pushing and Shoving Away of Responsibilities

In Singapore, we have a term for this sort of illness and it's called Taichi. Essentially what all Air France staff are practising is the art of tai-chiing away responsibilities from one department to another and from one person to another.

The inability to accept full responsibility and take pride in one's job is evidently spreading like a disease nowadays. How many times can you recall when you most need assistance and people just flash you a friendly fake smile, shrug their shoulders and say they can't do anything about it?

That was how we felt at the Air France customer service counter in Paris when a French staff just handed us a slip of paper with www.airfrance.com on it with "customer service" printed out in bold.

"Shouldn't Air France just fold their customer service office already?" was what we thought instantly. Why have an office if you can't deal with any service issues?

Upon arriving back in Singapore, we wrote in to the customer service just as we were told at the Air France office in Paris. Two weeks passed without response
from Air France so we called up the customer service hotline. They said they had no answers to our complaint.

Dissatisfied with yesterday's answer, we called them up again and were shocked to be told that no one had been assigned to handle our case ever since we lodged our complaint two weeks ago. After a lengthy call with plenty of questions thrown in to hopefully speed up the case, we were prepared to wait a couple of days or so for the answer.

The next day, Air France e-mailed us and said that they are unable to accept any liability for any loss due to the "unexpected nature" of this incident.

There should be nothing "unexpected" about a daily routine required for a daily flight from Singapore to Paris. This daily routine failed to be carried out due to the simple fact of human negligence.

Air France has one of the shoddiest customer service (The customer service department is only opened weekdays from 9.30am to 11am and 1pm to 2.30pm. They work shorter hours than some embassies.) and prefers to avoid all blame than admit that they made a mistake, fess up and reimburse their clients for any loss incurred due to the irresponsibility of Air France staff and/or management. Sadly, we can conclude from this incident that this airline does not value loyalty or keeping customers.

Therefore, we are unable to fly with such an airline. Neither would Paris be the anchor destination for any of our future vacation/ plans.

Questions? Get answers from the AirFrance staff and other customers.

AirFrance?