Review of Aflac

Tel: +1-706-596-3279
salesinquiry@aflac.com

ginar22
3/5/16

I had surgery Feb 10th I filed a short term claim the next day as I would be out until April I have yet to here from Aflac they have not paid me as stated one day pay. I have been paying premiums to them for 15 years I will be canceling my policy with them when I get back to work. this company is BAD!

williamh104
9/21/15

My wife passed away in 2011 from breast cancer.She was 45 years old and a registered nurse, as am I. Her long term disability insurance was Aflac, administered by " Ashmore and Associates " in Lubbock, Texas.When she was diagnosed and had surgery followed by chemotherapy Aflac did pay as the contract stated. When her cancer returned 18 months later her second claim ( also in the contract ) was denied. The explanation: " You must be cancer free and off medication for a year". I took a copy of a PET scan done 15 months after the first diagnosis which showed " no sign of cancer". I also got a note from her oncologist which stated no oncologist in this country would have a patient off all medication for a year after a cancer diagnosis. With this and a threat to sue, and report Aflac and Ashmore to the state board of insurance Aflac finally honored the contract and paid the claim. We got the money, but had to fight for it. How many people without any medical knowledge would have just given in. It's too bad, but the funny goose commercials just don't hide the fact that the company is run by a bunch of ( not funny ) weasels.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Aflac staff and other customers.

Aflac?