Review of ABC Gift Cards

Tel: 1-800-364-0488
support@abcgiftcards.com

annal191
11/29/17

I tried to sell a gift card that had $44.48 on it. I knew it had that amount because I got a balance right before I entered it. They took a dollar out to process then I got an email saying my gift card was declined. Then when I tried to use my gift card there was no money on it.

jayl232
11/9/17

They decline my first offer AFTER processing my personal info and bank info along with my credit card. They take $1 from my account. Email literally says they have no explanation. I say to myself ok maybe I did something wrong, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Try again the next day. Try a completely different card. They process it then tell me I need to mail in my gift card. I cancel order to safe myself the hassle. They take another $1 from my bank account. No explanation either time. No warning prior as to why theyre doing it. Reach out more than once, no response. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

alejandrad6
11/7/17

Bought a Patagonia GC with a supposed $200 balance. Spoke to Patagonia customer service and could tell right away that it was FRADULENT. ABC GC customer service is shady. They only deal with refunds over email?! And they expect you to sit on your ass waiting for them to email you. I asked to be transferred instead and the guy told me that he couldn't. WTF. And shame on Gift Card Granny for offering this site. TERRIBLE.

ronaldr70
11/4/17

I bought three gift cards from these crooks.
I received them in a timely manner, but when I went to use them a few weeks after receiving them, I found that all three cards had a zero balance.
I contacted the merchants that the cards were for, and was told that all of the cards had been previously used and had zero balances.
The cards had actually been completely used up three weeks prior to me purchasing them from ABC Gift Cards.
Why didn't ABC Gift Cards check the balances before listing them on their website and subsequently selling them to me?
When I contacted ABC Gift Cards, they said they would look into it and get back to me.
When they finally did reply, after me sending numerous messages to them, they said the cards did have a zero balance, but because it was outside their (lousy) 45 day guarantee, that I was out of luck.
So I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company and hopefully will have my money refunded.
These guys are CROOKS!

bobw129
11/2/17

I never leave reviews but people need to be warned. I saw a lot of mixed reviews so I figured i'd share my experience with this "company". I sold them a $62.49 Gamestop gift card that I had no use for. Immediately after the sale went through i checked my giftcard balance and it was $2.49 which i thought was weird but figured they were just going to take it out in portions. They were supposed to deposit the money into my account within 1-2 business days. On the third business day I called them to find out why i didn't see the deposit they told me that the balance was only $2.49 so they canceled the order and to call the giftcard company (gamestop) and find out who took the money out. Luckily, Gamestop was able to freeze the card and give me a new one with my original amount on it. These are a bunch of con artists scamming people out of their hard earned money and it's not right.

michaelm679
11/2/17

Like the other reviews I bought 3 sets of gift cards, and when used ALL had a zero balance.

Thank goodness I paid with a credit card, who refunded my money.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

tomd155
10/30/17

Tahoe Joe's restaurant rejected an e-gift card we purchased from ABC Gift Cards. We ordered a plastic card but we're sent an e-gift card instead, basically a photocopy of a TJ gift card and some instructions. The manager said that these cards are fraudulent
and wanted to know where we got this fake, non-plastic card. By the way, the ABC name is an acronym for Always Being Corrupt

whitneyg8
10/30/17

I purchased a $42.91 Dunkin' Donuts gift card for $29.74. I went to load the gift card into my DD app, and got a message saying, "Card already registered." I emailed the company, and they responded saying their policy is that DD gift cards cannot be loaded into the app. Huh? Why not? Also, this immediately raised my suspicions, because if it's already registered, that means someone else has access to the card. Well, since there wasn't much I could do though, I went about using the actual gift card (well, email gift card). I successfully used it three times. On the 4th try, the cashier told me the card was deactivated. Well, well, well. So, someone else DID in fact have access to the gift card I was using. The only reason I'm not giving them only one star is because they did refund me the money (well, minus the amount I used). But I will certainly never trust, or use, this company again.

kellyb219
10/22/17

Stay away from ABC Gift Cards. An online resale site that sells a very high percentage of gift cards with no balance. I know this because Ive visited many complaint/scam sites that have reported this. Unfortunately I also know this because I have recently been a victim of ABC Gift Cards. I bought a Maurice's gift card for $104.53 with no balance on it! I also hold Gift Card Granny responsible because they knowingly continue to do business with this fraudulent site. I will not continue to do business with either in the future! Do yourself a favor and stay away from ABC Gift Cards and Gift Card Granny!

bettym56
9/13/17

Please use great caution when purchasing discount gift cards from them. While they seem to have the "best" deals; there is a reason for that. Many, too many of their cards are stolen and will not work. I'd rather pay the extra 1% and use a reputable company.

chikok
9/13/17

I bought 2 cards and right after I ordered, I found my mistake and requested cancellation. But the company ignored and shipped it and said no refund. I recommend not buying any gift cards from this company due to avoid any further troubles .

tabithah14
9/12/17

I bought 2 gift cards from this online company. One valued at $50 for Panera and one valued at $100 for francesca's. They were both gifts. Both people who received the gift said that once they used them for the first time the balance was zero. They credited me back what I paid for the $100 card but not the $50 card because it was outside of the 90 days. This is BS! I have bought several gift cards from other companies and never had an issue. I will never buy from them again and I will be sure to share how awful this company is with social media and my friends/family.

eddiem59
9/1/17

Be aware with restaurant gift cards

Be aware of purchasing restaurant gift cards from Abcgiftcards. So far 3 of my cards have been declined in resaturants. 2 of which i can't Get refund because your are force to use them in 45 days. So bot worth buying a good deal. I purchased one right before we sat to eat and guess what yes it was declined. I use 4 different site for gift cards and will continue to use the other 3. Not once did i have a problem with. Abcgiftcards are crooks

victori1117
8/31/17

After the 90 days guarantee the money can disappear from the gift card, like it happened to me. The card was cancelled by the original owner and the money taken. ABC answer: "Buying from any Marketplace involves the classical Risk vs Reward decision". No refund or replacement for the lost money.
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

johnm1148
8/30/17

Charged twice for one card ordered - refused refund for second charge. Customer service was also not courteous or helpful

jayv32
8/27/17

Worst ever. Never use them. They give you stolen cards and very embarrassing when you are at the store.

alanl73
8/11/17

Stay away!!! I tried 3 times to purchase gift cards from ABC Gift Cards and each time my order was cancelled immediately after my order was confirmed. I opened ticket #300070 to find out why my order was flagged by their fraud systems as high risk. I've used the same credit card to purchase 2 other gift cards from CardCookie and Cardpool with no problem. Obviously there isn't a fraud issue going on, but they refuse to investigate it. Alan Leopold

ajm27
7/21/17

First time I used them the card was a fraud. Invalid and $0.00 left. Didn't see these reviews until later..........FRAUD

dough58
7/17/17

Please ! Dont waste Your money: Although s complete fraud it will take a lot of Your time and likely more thsn You have invested in legal fees!
They are already rock bottom in BBB ratings- Check Your State Atyorney General to see if You have an actative statute that prohibits the devaluation of a gift card : Minnesota does but too busy with cops shooting people at the moment!

Tip for consumers: A complete rip off !

mellodyj
7/11/17

THEY ARE SCAMMERS!! DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR INFORMATION AND SELL IT. THEY TOOK MY INFO TO SELL IT.

kristino6
6/29/17

I sold 8 shoe carnival cards mailed them to them and got paid a lil late but got paid cpl mos later sold them 5 cards totaling a payment of $800 however when it came time to pay got a payment of only $175,when i called them they said there was a problem with the cards i sold them a cpl mos ago.Now that wouldve been impossible,the pin numbers werent even scratched off so i went ahead n checked the transaction history on the cards they claimed had zero balances had been used the same day they recieved the cards i knew that because i had them delivered to be "signed for only"when i related to them this info they hung up on me how unproffesional these ppl are.

bobm230
6/15/17

ABC Gift Card is knowingly obtaining gift cards that have been purchased with stolen credit cards and from other countries via scams. Anyone that has had problems with this company, needs to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Department at https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

This is the only way to put an end to this site and to stop these crooks.

wayneh60
6/14/17

I HAD 2 CARDS NOT MUCH OVER OVER 45 DAYS THAT WERE $0 BALANCE AND THEY WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING. I PRAY FOR THEIR RAPID DEMISE AND G-D IS WATCHING!

andyc107
6/5/17

I purchased Elephant Bar gift card from ABC gift card, but when I tried to use it in the restaurant, she said the card has no value.

screwa
6/1/17

They sold u those defraud cards then once you realize, they will TRY THEIR BEST NOT TO REFUND YOU! Stay away just as doing yourself a favor

Hi Gary, Sorry about that! Please send an email to claims@abcgiftcards.com and it will be dealt with in 1-5 business days. Thank you!

By Gabby K. [ABC Gift Cards Rep]

how did it go? You can tell me I want to do the same but I'm not sure if it's reliable

By jose p.

I will not ever use them again. Horrible experience!

By Hydee G.
Questions? Get answers from the ABC Gift Cards staff and other customers.

ABC Gift Cards?