Review of 99designs

Tel: 1 800 513 1678
support@99designs.com

jacquelynw12
5/21/19

I love my book cover. There were three designs that I was truly in love with and it was hard to narrow it down to one. I did the guaranteed contest and found it to still be an amazing experience. I even changed the direction of what I was looking for once I saw some of the submissions based on my brief. The designers really did try to give me specifically what I wanted.

nbjacobsonn
5/21/19

Of course, one has to do a lot of filtering of less than good designs, but there are consistently excellent designs in the mix and the designers are very responsive to tweaks and other ideas. The process of review is fun and well built.

matr12
5/16/19

They recommend you the "guaranteed" add-on which apparently gets you more designers, but it only gets you more slackers which want a lottery ticket for the prize without putting in any effort.

You're way better off to look for a local designer and work with them on a design. It will cost you even less and you'll end with what you want and not the $#*! those so-called designers on that page will produce in their 5 minutes of contribution.

You have no control over their "designers" efforts and can't do anything about it. Not a place to look for quality.

You'll end up with $#*!.

quinnc25
5/12/19

The entire experience was easy to manage, professionally run and, in the end, completely successful. I couldn't be happier. I'll certainly do this again and will recommend this site to friends and colleagues looking for an affordable design or logo treatment.

I am seeing some really negative reviews here and I can only think that someone has a personal grievance or maybe the person just couldn't figure out how to do it properly. Our design requirements were well thought out and refined before I posted the request. I've only had one experience but I believe that's the key to a successful outcome. Also, I opted for the guaranteed payment which, I can only guess, appealed to the more professional designers. I received dozens of submissions which were all professionally presented and showed effort, imagination and skill. In the end, my only difficulty was picking a final design from the top contenders. There were several terrific choices.

Bottom line: my experience was 100% satisfying.

hectorm85
5/9/19

Thanks to the 99Designs team for the smooth process from registration to getting your final product. It was hassle free and thanks to the designer for the great work. Your mind can not go unnoticed. Thanks again.

nadeema15
5/5/19

Variety of designs.
Variety of designers
The contest should be blind by default.
Designers could be a bit more creative

juleed2
5/1/19

What a brilliant company to create an affordable contest that brings multiple designers to the table. It was a positive experience from the beginning to the end. It led me to a fabulous logo. The company has thought of everything you need to know, has great customer support and prompts you with emails for next steps in the process. Highly recommend 99designs!

joyp58
4/19/19

Our 99Designs experience was AMAZING! Provide just a bit of information and your world opens up to some talented designers and their incredible skills!

tonyn97
4/10/19

I hate to leave a negative review for an Australian company because I use to live here. Their designers are really stupid and dumb. They miss spelled my company's name on the logo. You could of even copied and paste it from my brief? Duh? Support doesn't want to help with back and forth useless information. They job is not protect the stupid designers so they too must be stupid. $450 wasted for some idiot and dumb company.

dannyf53
4/9/19

For the first time customer, there is no option to create a "blind" contest. All designers can see what other designers are submitting. Then they will wait until the last minute and flood you with similar submissions in the hopes that you irrationally pick theirs. I was also told by a designer to delete certain designs based on rule violations.

Customer service didn't read my emails thoroughly and kept suggesting things that I already disputed. Then once the contest completed (I used guaranteed payout) I've still not heard back from any of them... sad

The designer we ended up choosing was polite and easy to work with. But, we had 200 submissions of very similar logo's.

donnab560
4/6/19

Excellent choice of designs & very happy with the outcome. Thank you to all that submitted entries!

stuarsj
3/27/19

Very affordable and easy to use site. Makes the process of designing a new brand easy and effortless.

triciar31
3/22/19

When we start a new company or concept, 99designs is the only place we go for design work. We can put our concept out to hundreds of designers at once and whittle down to what we like. Many of these designers have incredibly original and inventive designs. We like being able to "tweak" designs as we narrow down, and always are more than satisfied with the end results. The timeframe is perfect for us - giving us time to make a decision while not feeling the process becomes "stale". And, customer support with 99designs, in my opinion, is TOP-NOTCH. Contacting me when needed but not pushing anything. If I have questions, I get answers quickly and professionally. Highly recommend!

brycel19
3/14/19

99designs is the flamboyant cuttlefish of the design world. Beautiful, unique, and a master of its domain.

davidm1910
3/13/19

I was recommended the site by a neighbor and liked the concept, the process seemed simple. I was a little hesitant committing money for a logo that I didn't know how it would turn out, but within 24 hours had some great designs and after 48 hours had my 3 favorite designs.

After that during the initial phase I did get a few entry level designers pumping out design and design that did not hit the mark ad just kept submitting, but still there was no harm in seeing alternatives.

The final stage was a little confusing as I thought I was choosing the final designer not the final design, but the designer was very understanding and we hashed out the final design with a couple of text fonts, different colors and different layouts. All provided in 5 different file formats including layered Photoshop files so as a photographer I am able to make various selections of various parts of the logo as needed.

With a time difference of 8 hours between me and the designer did slow down the communication somewhat but we got there in the end. Happy to have a pool of design skills to select from as opposed to one designer with a narrower design scope.

shelleyh51
3/8/19

Used 99Designs for a logo for my new startup. Could not be happier with the designs submitted and the overall experience. So easy and so professional. Absolutely love my final logo!

kaaren
3/5/19

The concept where different designers can see each others' designs and how they fare with you is great, and it can't be beaten by any single company, no matter how well you pay them

brianw436
3/4/19

I had been encouraged to try 99designs, and as the need was urgent, I did. The initial minutes showed an immediate response, and what a response. There was such a variety of designs, responses to feedback, approaches from a different direction, such that I was torn between excellent answers to my question. I never realised there could be such competition. I have already begun another competition, and I will be using 99designs again, and - I think - using them often. This has completely convinced me of the value of the site.

toddb178
2/19/19

Staff use racist and homophobic insults when dealing with disputes. Truly a disgraceful business

Upon doing a one to one project, the work was so bad it could have been done by a child. Had to laugh it was so bad otherwise the only option is to cry.

There is no way out then, even if the work is bad. You have to pay those disgusting sums of money for work that a toddler could do better.

A scam of a company with a disgusting attitude

anikas5
2/16/19

I had only a very rough idea for a business logo. Thus, I started a competition and received great ideas. I was astonished how many suggestions came in within a very short time.The discussions with the designers were easy and most of them could provide further ideas based on my suggestions. I ended up with 3 winner pictures.
Therefore, the pool of designers is great. Way of communication is easy and I had a lot of fun.

markl685
2/14/19

This was the third design contest I have run. I am always pleased with the number of artists who wish to compete for a guaranteed prize. Since I can't draw the illustrations I need, myself, this is the next best thing!

chasc24
2/9/19

Getting a good design is the buyers job, as well as the designer's. Good art is not easy nor is it automatic. If you are new to composition and creativity admit it and with that awareness, you can find allies who can help, starting with the staff of 99designs. If you've created, made things you're happy with, then the design process will be fairly easy and straight forward. If not, then be ready for an enjoyable experience, as the staff at 99Designs and the amazing (and some not so amazing) Designers offer their ideas. Then you need to say what you think and want. That's the fun yet tricky part. Do you know what you want? Can you put it into words your Designers can use as feedback?
Welcome to Art and the world of graphic design. It's here, if you're ready and it works, it really works!! You'll get out of it what you put in, teamed with your designer.

sergv1
2/8/19

Time Clocks everywhere, pushing client down the conveyor line, not enough time to get anything done essentially no platform to communicate and exchange ideas

steven151
1/30/19

very good experience with them, nothing bad to say, the pricing is a bit on the steep side but overall ok

ieshac
1/29/19

I had a great experience with 99designs and I loved running a contest because I received so many designs I would have never thought of. My contest was very successful and I'm very happy with my designer. I even continued to work with the same designer afterwards by doing the 1 on 1 project. I would highly recommend 99designs.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Just give it a try. Express your rough ideas you might have, say what is unique about your company and be open for the questions which may come from the designers.

By Anika S.

Copyright and Trademark are done outside of this site, at the appropriate US Government agency with jurisdiction over these two actions. Look there, google it, I did. I had a ebook cover designed. I did find out, after I started, that I was obligated to pay more money for the images the designer used to make my design (stock photos, off the web) This added 50.00 to my design cost, which was then 250.00 overall, not bad as I'd budgeted 300.00 for a good, professionally designed cover. You work with your designers (many at first then 6 finalists). You'll find a range of abilities and experience. Many will be slow or even unresponsive, a few out of their depth, and a few will have skills that can produce a great cover. Find them, work closely with them, chose them as your finalists, then push them all to improve their designs. If you've chosen wisely (yeah, Indy) the designers will listen, alter their design and ask for more feedback. Its give and take, not give and you passively receive. The better you are at looking, saying what you like and don't like, the better image you'll get.

By CHAS C.

Hi Samuel, Thank you for your question. Drop us an email at support@99designs.com and someone will be glad to walk you through our process. We hope to hear from you soon! - 99designs

By Support T., 99designs Representative

Hi Ernest, Thank you for the question! :) While we require payment to be done prior to launching your design contest,we do offer a 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked. Simply call us before you decide to guarantee your contest or move yourself into the final round. More information can be found here: https://support.99designs.com/hc/en-us/articles/204108729 There are a few instances you will not be eligible for a refund: - Once you decide to continue working with up to 6 finalists, you waive your right to a refund -If you "guarantee" your contest when you launch (under Contest Options), you will not be eligible for a refund as well. Keep in mind this option has to be manually "ticked" - You must call within 60 days of launching your contest I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please reach out to our Customer Support team at: https://support.99designs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can respond to your inquiries at a more timely manner. Sincerely, Jerlyn from 99designs

By Support T., 99designs Representative

They are not suspending anyone! If you stole logos from the internet and you post them in a contest, be sure you get your account banned! Mohamed and Prabir!

By Garry G.

Hi Q, Its ben so long I can't even remember - from memory I think 99 Design asked me to write review about their site not the individual designer.

By M H.

It is a guinine site and you can freely give them any details they want from you.

By Hector M.

Hi Cecilia, We offer a 100% money-back guarantee within 60 days of payment on all contests. There are a few exclusions to this policy, which you can read about here: https://support.99designs.com/hc/en-us/articles/204108729

By Support T., 99designs Representative

ST. These are their OWN profiles, real designers don't take away monye like that.

By Mahesh P.

If you guarantee the prize or have already selected the winner, you will not be reimbursed. They only reimburse if you avoided these two actions. When you reject the designs, they will likely pressure you into accepting something, but do not do it. If you're not satisfied with the design, according to their rules you will get reimbursed. My problem is that after awarding the winner, the designer Alex_82 told me I owed more money for the images which I refused since the agreement with 99designs was for a set price. In the end, 99designs sided with the designer and I ended up with designs I did not want (they were off of free images) and of low quality. I also could do nothing with the design because I would have had to purchase additional software. For my money, I got nothing.

By S T.
Questions? Get answers from the 99designs staff and other customers.

99designs?