Review of 3FatPigs.co.uk

3FatPigs.co.uk reviews

davidl1368
8/22/19

Abusive customer service. Extremely poor products and customer service.
Avoid at all costs. Read the reviews.

I ordered a couple of "6-8 foot" silver birch trees.
What I received was a couple of dead twigs that were about 5ft tall.

I've tried three times to contact the company and been ignored, before months later getting an abusive email.

I will be taking this up with trading standards and the small claims court to recover my money.

Not as described, not fit for purpose, not durable or of expected quality.

If I could leave 0 stars I would. Don't waste your money!

I had an unsolicited, abusive message from the company, which I added to my review for all to see.

chrisp549
7/10/19

I left the below review on another site and was going to leave it at that. However after the appalling insults thrown at me today I've updated my review, contacted the reviewing media with a complaint, evidenced the purchase, evidenced the insults and am considering taking action over the foul language made by a company that appears to have upset too many people.
Have a read and form your own opinion.

Early June 2019.
I'm not a business just a customer that paid £24-99 for a Granny Smiths tree from these people.

I purchased this tree just over a week ago and when it arrived it looked almost dead. The leaves were brown, it was spindly and the way it was shipped was shocking (although I don't know a better way to ship it) It was a shocking specimen and nothing like the advert portrayed. I realise there's always a difference between advertising and the actual item but really......

Anyway we planted it on the day we received it and kept our fingers crossed. Within 48hrs the tree started to display black spots as well so we got someone to look at it and they confirmed it had a fungus infection so we spent more money to try and save/treat it.

I contacted 3fatpigs (T/A Beechwood Trees) by email and got a response back within 24hrs. I was told to forward a photograph to them. This I immediately did and they responded telling me there was nothing wrong, there was no black spots, they have their stock regularly checked and basically giving me the "go away" vibe.

So I now have a tree that we are trying to save, I've had to purchase treatments for this tree and I paid £24-99 for the pleasure.

Adding insult to injury 3fatpigs sent me an email asking me to review the transaction with them so I answered honestly and politely but didn't pull any puches. After vetting the review they failed to print it....what a surprise.

I have no idea what response they may now leave to the feedback I've left here but all of the above is 100% true, I have a trail from the point of purchases to leaving this feedback to evidence the above and I certainly do NOT recommend doing business with this crowd.....please give me my money back !!

10/7/19
I've just received a response to this review from 3fatpigs which I believe is not visible to the public.
The response read "You're a lying a......e" I think that speaks for itself. I've also noticed they have used the above terminology towards other reviewers so I'm contemplating reporting them for foul language and intimidating behavior.
I wish I'd read the other reviews before I purchased from these people.
I also note my review is under investigation on the grounds that its a fake review (along with numerous others) As stated above I can evidence the item was purchased, show the payment details and confirm the conversations I had with a 3fatpigs employee....twice.

dony22
6/8/19

3fatpigs also trade as Beechwoodtrees selling on Ebay.
I would advise anyone to avoid this company and buy from the many nurseries who will sell you quality products, give good aftercare and if something goes wrong, put it right !!!
I bought a bare root Quince tree via Ebay from this company, the tree arrived without any root protection and poorly packed. The tree was planted correctly, staked and kept damp. Spring came and went but the quince tree showed no sign of life. I contacted Beechwood to be told that it was due to the cold weather and not to worry. Sometime later I contacted them again, this time I was told they expected the tree to be in full leaf in 3 weeks. Nothing happened! Once again contacted Beechwood and sent photographs of the lifeless quince tree, they replied that there was green on the tree so it must be okay. I have no idea what they were looking at as the pictures I sent was of a completely dead tree. The reason they ask you to wait is after 30 days from purchase you cannot make a claim via Ebay, so they then ignore emails and you are the loser.
Have a look at other review sites, Trust Pilot rating is 60% bad! DO NOT BUY FROM BEECHWOODTREES ON EBAY

Yes, there are many honourable nurseries trading on the web who will answer emails and if you have a complaint and will sort it out.

Its a legit company trading on Ebay as Beechwood Trees

By Don Y.

Very difficult, they do not respond to any and just ignore them.

By Don Y.
Questions? Get answers from the 3FatPigs.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for 3FatPigs.co.uk