Review of 1ST CHOICE

1ST CHOICE reviews

Tel: 0905 235 6000

davidc1469
1/7/19

Avoid at all costs!!! Total shockers.
Ordered a rear wiper motor for a Subaru Legacy. The order quite clearly stated the model and year of the vehicle. They sent us a rear motor for a 1998-2003 model. Our vehicle is a late 2044 Model.
As our car was in for service our mechanic had to purchase a different model.
We contacted 1st Choice Spares UK expecting to be refunded as the mistake was down to them, only to be treated with total disdain by a very rude chap on the phone. He refused a refund without any valid reason only stating "where do I draw the line". Under Consumer law the product was not suited for the use it was intended. They refused to accept responsibility for their error. Avoid as if THEY send you the wrong part THEY will refuse to refund!!!!

moem13
10/16/18

After Derby auto salvage took my card details including the 3digit CVV number and telling me that the part is on the way, it turns out that 3 days later they never had the part in the 1st place.
It now makes me nervous to give my card details out through 1st choice spares as I feel they don't monitor their partners.
For all I know Derby auto salvage could have sold my card details on to fraudsters!

danielb292
1/16/18

I purchased a motor for $1100 and paid $175 to have it shipped to my mechanic. This motor was found on car-part.com and it was rated an "A' and even said "very good". I called and confirmed this with orange auto salvage and they said an Allstate insurance agent was with him when they cranked so I went through with the transaction. They gave me a 90-day guarantee on the motor. Upon receiving the motor and installation as soon as the motor cranked it was knocking. I called them back immediately to let them know and they got very defensive saying "that's impossible" basically calling me a liar. I then reminded them of their 90 day guarantee and they said to ship the motor back and they would send me another one. I did as they requested and spent $300 to have it shipped back only to find out that they would not take it and their reason was damage. I have pictures from the shipping company to prove there is no damage to the motor and its in the same form it was when it was shipped to me. It cost me $1275 for purchase and shipping, $550 to have it installed, $300 to have it shipped back and I have not received what it cost for them to take the motor back out. This is very unprofessional. All I ask is that they hold up to their word.

jonp60
11/21/17

As a second hand parts virgin, this was for me a daunting task. However, after speaking to Tom after receiving his quote, this was one of the easiest things to buy. Even with an unforeseen problem the service we received was second to none.

alik66
2/27/17

I ordered a audi a4 gearbox which wasn't the right however I called them an they said they will have the part collected an reimbursed the company is called orange auto Salvage i would use them again in the future

davef57
2/10/17

WOULD HAVE GIVEN ZERO STARS BUT IT WOULDNT LET ME !!!

I was looking for an engine for my 2.7 Audi, I checked google and did my research before making such a large purchase. I was directed to 1st choice spares who allege they are part of a network of respected and verified part, engine and vehicle service dealers. How wrong was I ! - I was offered a bunch of quotes however the phone number on every quote was way to similar for them to originate from independent engineering firms. Each quote was more expensive that the last making me think that they were trying to 'pressure' me into taking the cheapest. Around 40 calls and emails back and forth convinced me to give the a go, on the assurance of an unlimited warranty and a 2 day delivery to my garage. The engine took 34 days to arrive, when it arrived it wasn't the reconditioned tested engine I ordered, it was a heap of s++t, the engine was wrong, rusted, packed on a broken pallet. Upon further inspection both myself and my mechanic noticed that parts were missing or broken, it was covered in rust and full of water...and the engine numbers had been poorly sanded off (this was done prior to dispatch judging by the fact it was the only part of the engine not covered in rust), when I contacted the supplier and 1st choice spares they seemed immediately dismissive as if I was the one trying to fiddle them, months of emails and texts, months of lies from the suppliers led me to do my own digging into this alleged legitimate business - I quickly discovered that they are a front for their own scrapyards, the engines they supply are taken from dead vehicles....way past saving and certainly not worth the £2500 I spent. The removal of the engine numbers meant that I couldn't track or trace the origination of the engine, which immediately raised a red flag.

Its been 4 months, I have no engine, I have lost the money (they pressured me into a bacs payment stating that their card machine was broken and that there were 3 other interested parties in the engine I ordered)

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND THAT THEY ARE COWBOYS WHO DOWN AND REOPEN THEIR COMPANY AT THE SLIGHTEST SIGN OF TROUBLE

alant56
9/28/16

If anything goes wrong they will weasel out if it and try & make it your fault: "you must have got it from another website" or "we have no record of your purchase sorry". KEEP AWAY FROM THESE CON ARTISTS

kenw5
7/5/10

beware or this site,i bought a altenayor from a@l autos ten days ago and despite promise of delivery every day,am still waiting.
1st choice sent one email ,was told the same and i have received no reply from them since either .k wagland pensioner

Questions? Get answers from the 1ST CHOICE staff and other customers.

1ST CHOICE?