Review of 1800PetMeds

420 S Congress Avenue, Suite 100
Delray Beach, FL 33445, United States
Tel: 800-738-6337
abbylrosenberg@gmail.com
Have your pet's medications delivered right to you
Order Online

Legitimate

1800PetMeds has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

christinel187
8/9/18

Great prices & Customer Service! Would highly recommend especially for horse medication. Presend is what my vet has my 28 year old horse on...it has returned him to his youth! Amazing stuff!

jeffr1259
6/12/18

I've tried a few other online pet pharmacies, and 1800PetMeds it the best!! My dog has arthritis. I have found two places that were slightly cheaper, but NONE are as reliable. I order, and 3 business days later it is here. Never a problem- both other cheaper pharmacies were nightmares to deal with. Twice I was overcharged and meds were delayed. I will never ever ever try anyone else!!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Jeff, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!
needraj
4/16/18

They arrive much faster than I thought.You even had to get in touch with my Vet! I want to buy a box treat You sent us too if I can.I do not see them on page.

Tip for consumers: Don't be afraid to use this company, they had to call my Vet. and I got what I wanted in record time. They even sent a big treat for my dog that he loved.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, Needra! We're so happy your dog enjoyed the treat. So many dogs love the treat, that we do carry them - just search our site for "Gourmet Biscuit" and you'll find them in a 2-dozen count box.
phoebeg9
11/16/17

This company guaranteed 5 day shipping to Canada and I paid $15 for this as I needed pet medication urgently. After 20 days of calling up and enquiring as to where it was, I found out they had incorrectly sent it to Australia for no apparent reason at all, and despite my receipt/all my details clearly showing shipping address in Canada. No one had told me this on the many other times I called (when they told me it was 'on its way to Canada' and no apologies in the end. Totally incompetent. Use the word 5 day delivery guarantee as a scam to get you to purchase when they do not even have stock on hand and make you wait up to 20 days or longer. This business would never survive in a real world setting but they think they can continue to operate like this online + maintain a reputation, good luck with that!

This place is a total joke and Im seriously considering exercising my consumer rights if I don't get a refund in 5 days.I will also make sure any potential customer of this company is aware of their reputation and the way that they operate. FYI Petmeds, some of your customers are lawyers and know their legal rights....

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thanks for your feedback, Phoebe. We're very sorry your order was shipped to the incorrect address. Your full refund was already submitted. We have an unconditional product guarantee and our process is to issue an immediate refund for anyone who is not satisfied for any reason. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific delivery time for orders that ship outside the country.
ashlier2
10/10/17

My dog has been prescribed Rimadyl for over a year now and after recently moving across town from our vet's office, I started looking into an online pharmacy for my dog. We've now done 2 separate orders with 1800PetMeds and it is so easy! They send you coupons in email which is nice and the shipping is very speedy.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Ashlie, and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so happy we could make things easier for you and your dog. Welcome to the PetMeds family!
lorenap6
9/20/17

I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the competence and prices of this company. I usually dont write reviews, but 1800petmeds has not even once disappointed me! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended! Finding the medicine for my dog and ordering its a breeze! It is so convenient that they even contact your vet for you to verify the prescription! One less hassle! In addition, they are on top of your order all the time...meaning even if your vet place is closed, they will notify you through email AND phone about the status of your order. Again....they do go the extra mile for the customer! And when you order, even if you were able to get free shipping, they will send your very fast and promptly! Tip: Always try to look online for coupon codes if you want an extra discount, besides the already low prices that they offer ;)

1800petmeds is an A+ in my book!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Lorena. Thank you so much for your kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!
chrish333
8/18/17

Have placed quite a few orders with 1-800-Pet-Meds and have never had a complaint. Ordering is fast and easy and shipping is always quick and accurate. Plus the extra treat for my dog is always a huge success.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thank you Chris, for taking the time to leave feedback and for choosing PetMeds. We really appreciate it!
julias102
8/16/17

I am a returning customer who buys mostly insulin supplies for my cat Blink. I recently misjudged how much insulin I had left and had to re-order in a hurry so Blink wouldn't have to miss a shot. After placing my order, I wrote an email to 1800PetMeds and expressed my concern that the order be approved by my vet and get here as quickly as possible. They wrote back within minutes and assured me that they had already contacted my vet and the order was being processed. Less than two hours later my order was processing for shipment, and I received it early the next day. Great response time and turnaround, thank you!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
We're so happy we could help you and Blink get his medication in time. Thank you for your kind feedback and for giving us the opportunity to help!
kellies27
8/9/17

I'm a new customer. And I just received my pets Rx in the mail today. From the moment I placed the order till it came to my house. Service was so fast and what a nice little surprise when I opened the box. Loved the dog treat. It's the little things. So again thanks for getting this medication to me so quick. You will always have a loyal customer here!!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Kellie, thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing PetMeds; we really appreciate it. Welcome to the PetMeds family!
brianc191
8/2/17

I'll never buy anywhere else. There is never an issue, the service is on point, and my dog is always excited to see the "box"! (He knows that it's for him)

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thanks for your kind feedback Brian, and for choosing PetMeds; we really appreciate it!
beckys66
8/2/17

I tried ordering a prescription for my dog online through this company and so far it has taken two live chats with them and three phone calls to my vet and they STILL haven't shipped the order. I have the prescription in hand that I can fax but they won't accept it - I would have to mail it and wait 7-10 days for it to be processed. This medication is my dog's last hope - if he doesn't improve on it he will have to be euthanized so it is IMPERATIVE that he start it immediately. Their archaic system of obtaining prescriptions and order processing has to be updated as dogs' lives are quite literally dependent on getting their prescriptions filled in a timely manner.

Tip for consumers: Look elsewhere if you are looking to have your prescription filled quickly.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Becky, and thank you for your review. We're very sorry you were disappointed in your experience as we strive for excellent customer service. Our pharmacy requests the authorization from the veterinarian as quickly as possible via telephone or fax. We were in touch with your veterinarian's office 6 times in order to expedite the order for you. Your order was placed on Monday and it was shipped earlier today (Wednesday), once we received the veterinarian's authorization. We did upgrade your shipping to FedEx Overnight at no cost to you, so you will receive your order tomorrow. It is standard pharmacy practice that, from the consumer, the original prescription (not a copy or fax) must be submitted.
syreetam
6/13/17

I recently order Heartguard for the first time from 1800petmeds on 06/08/17. This medication requires a prescription from my dogs veterinarian. I received an e-mail on 06/10/17 which provided an update on my shipment status. In this e-mail I was informed that they were still waiting for a reply from my veterinarian. A couple of hours later I received an e-mail stating the prescription was received and my order had been shipped. I received the medication on 06/12/17. I will definitely use this company again, and I would recommend 1800petmeds to others. Not only do they have great discounts but they also did a great job getting the medication to me.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Syreeta. Thanks so much for choosing PetMeds, and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We really appreciate it!
sa23923
4/27/17

They take forever to put the order through, forever to contact the vet, forever after the vet clears you to make the purchase, forever after that to notify you of order. Goodness, I cannot even imagine what the shipping process is going to be like. They do not accept rebates the final straw was how rude and snappy the customer service lady was for NO reason at all. Very unsatisfied. I will not use them again.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're very sorry you were disappointed with your experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to dispense a prescription medication without an authorization from your vet. In this case, we sent our first request to your vet on the day you placed your order (4/24) and again the next day, 4/25. We received the authorization from your vet on 4/26 at 7:40 pm ET. Since shipping was closed by then, your order was shipped the next morning.

We strive for excellent customer service every time, and I'm very sorry that we failed in this respect. We'll look into what happened into this instance so we can improve. We do hope you'll give us another chance.
rodneyf14
3/13/17

This is about very poor service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I have used you guy for years and your service HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY POOR"

Tip for consumers: Don't use! California pet is cheaper

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Rodney. We strive for excellent customer service, so I am very sorry we did not succeed in this instance.
monicac56
2/16/17

Pet Meds charged my card 3 times for the same prescriptions. I have talked to 4 customer reps who all said they would correct the issue. The 4th CR did refund the charges but not the correct amounts. At this point I just give up. I ordered from Pet Meds because I have no time to pick up Medications from my Vet but today I spent all day on the phone with them.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
We're very sorry for any inconvenience. When an order is placed using a debit card, your financial institution will automatically place a hold on the funds. Since you subsequently made a change to the shipping on your order, this generated a second pre-authorization. We attempted to contact your bank to help have the second prenote removed, but were unable to complete the call with you and your bank. However, we had the pre-authorization removed through merchant services. As we explained in our letter to you, as a gesture of good faith we have refunded your order in full as well as applying a merchandise credit on your account which you can use for future orders.
sonjaw7
1/22/17

I recently sent in scripts for my two Rottweilers medicine. I called ahead of time and was helped by a very nice woman. She explained that I could go online and put in the order, then mail the scripts, which is exactly what I did. The medicine arrived just 4 days after they received my scripts. Awesome!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Sonja. Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it!
sheries1
10/14/16

PetMeds is AMAZING! I ordered a prescription at 9:45 in the morning, and mind you, they had to confirm the order with Buck's vet, and I received a shipping confirmation before 11:30 AM. The PetMeds folks should teach other businesses how to do this online/shipping/processing thing. I am impressed every single time. AND they send a treat to both my pooch and my cat even though the order is almost always for the dog. Luna totally appreciates THAT! :)

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Sherie. Thanks for taking the time to leave such thoughtful and kind feedback, and for being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it!
karenh165
9/28/16

I LOVE this site! I have never had any issues with what I have ordered. When I need to get medications they have it done with my vet office within a few hours and medication is shipped right out!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing PetMeds. We really appreciate it!
samj74
7/17/16

I've always had a positive experience with this site. The only problem I've had really is on my vet's end with being lazy, and responding in any sort of reasonable amount of time.

But the website seems great and most definitely cheaper than what the vet charges. Delivery is always super fast, whenever your lazy vet gets around to responding.

I love this site. Good place to get reviews of non-rx things too. I highly recommend it. Had an account for many years. Customer service is outstanding, never had one single problem with this company.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thank you so much for your feedback and being part of our PetMeds family. We really appreciate it! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro
sandrat37
4/30/16

I had a situation that had me quite shook up (nothing wrong on their part). I emailed customer service with my concerns. They were quick to email me back and resolved the issue in such a friendly manner.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Sandra. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for us, and for allowing us the opportunity to resolve your issue. We appreciate it!
zenaidad
4/21/16

Awesome sites for buying the pet dog and it is an amazing site because just nw my grand ordered the pet from this site with a reasonable price.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Hi Zenaida! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being part of the PetMeds family! ~ Abby / PetMeds Pro
candieb
4/3/16

We have only used them twice because I think without a discount o'er sale there a bit pricey. There service is excellent and and fast on shipping. Like it!

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Thanks for your feedback! Be sure to check our website for sales and special offers, such as our current offer: use code TOP10 to save 10%.
chrisl149
3/27/16

Excellent

scotta45
3/7/16

Just place an order where they screw it up, and you'll find out what 'wonderful' people they are.
My order never arrived, and they say check the address (which was correct), and then 'hug your furry friends'.
They don't care at all about you or your dogs.
3/7: The order was placed Feb.23. When I didn't receive the order, all I got was suggestions to 'call the post office' and 'are you sure the address is correct'. This is three more days arguing with them. Only when I got angry did they offer to reship it, which I did not want.
My dog needs this medicine for her syringomylia, which could kill her without proper maintenance.
Do you think I would trust them to re-ship the order, when I need it NOW?
These people are a marketing scam with terrible, terrible customer service.
I get e-mails from them constantly.
When I have a problem, they deflect and blame someone else.
Stay far, far away from this company.
Oh, and the review I posted on their website 'didn't meet their standards'.
Uh-huh.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Scott, we are indeed sorry that you did not receive your order. We checked the tracking number, which does show that the parcel was delivered. However, since you did not receive the package, we offered to ship you a replacement, although you elected to receive a full refund which we have issued.
catarinag1
2/7/16

I ordered my dog's meds and even ordered the overnight shipping so he would get them in plenty of time. After a week I contacted them to find out where my order was and they said my vet needed to speak with me before authorizing the meds, except they never conveyed this message to me. So my dog is out of his necessary meds and they never offered to try and fix this or contact the vet or try to expedite my order. Do not use this company.

Response from Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
We're very sorry that we were not able to complete your order. When a prescription medication is ordered, we contact the veterinarian for the prescription authorization. Your vet's office told us that they wanted to speak with you before they would approve the prescription. We regret that there was a miscommunication and you did not receive our notice regarding the status of your order.
~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

Hi Mary! If you click on the "Customer Reviews" tab here, you can read 47 customer reviews of this product. Hope it helps! http://www.1800petmeds.com/Vetasyl-prod10508.html ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Lynetta & Brikity, Since Frontline Tritak is sealed in a tube, it does not expire. If the product was exposed to light and/or air, this would decrease its effectiveness. We hope this helps!

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Roy. Here's an article about how to deal with a pet's constant itchiness that we hope will help: http://blog.petmeds.com/pet-pharmacy/dealing-with-your-pets-constant-itchiness/ ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Joyce and thanks for your question! Just as you feel comfortable with the medication dispensed to you and members of your family by your own pharmacy, we want you to feel comfortable with the medication we dispense to you for your pet. It is the same exact medication sold to you by your veterinarian. We only dispense U.S. FDA/EPA approved products, which we unconditionally guarantee 100%. As with all pharmacies, 1-800-PetMeds' products are inspected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Since we are located in Florida, we are also inspected by the Florida Department of Health. We are in full compliance with both agencies. Also, we are a public company listed on the NASDAQ (Symbol: PETS), so we are subject to very strict reporting and disclosure requirements. 1-800-PetMeds is a .Pharmacy Verified Website: https://www.safe.pharmacy/buying-safely/#USvets Please be assured that you can trust 1-800-PetMeds completely for all of your pet medication needs. ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

We try to include either a Gourmet Dog Biscuit or a packet of catnip in each order! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, we do ship to Canada. Your order would ship by First Class International Mail for a flat shipping rate of $14.99. ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Joanne. We get our medicine from licensed veterinary wholesalers.We're a Vet-VIPPS accredited pharmacy and only dispense U.S. FDA/EPA approved products, which we unconditionally guarantee 100%. Thanks for asking! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi June. Heartgard Plus (and all heartworm preventatives) have been classified by the FDA as prescription medications. When you place your order, we'll contact your vet to obtain the authorization for you! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Vicki. Yes, we do ship to Australia via First Class International Mail for a flat rate shipping fee of $14.99. Thanks for asking! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative

Hi Greg. Bravecto and Heartgard Plus are classified by the FDA as prescription medications. Once you place your order, our pharmacy department will contact your veterinarian's office to obtain the authorization for you! ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

By Abby K., 1800PetMeds Representative
Questions? Get answers from the 1800PetMeds staff and other customers.

8 Photos for 1800PetMeds