1-day New Zealand

1-day New Zealand has a consumer rating of 1.48 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. 1-day New Zealand also ranks 95th among Daily Deals sites. The most common issues with 1-day New Zealand are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• There is no phone number & they are terribly slow to return emails.
How would you rate 1-day New Zealand?

“Good stuff”

Hazmat T.
6/13/19

Ive seen the bad reviews but the prices were pretty irresistible so i went ahead and bought a few things including a refurbished iphone 7for $500. Everything came fine and all chur my g within the amount of days they said it would and also they got mean costumer service.

“Never buy a T.V from these idiots!!!!”

Matt F.
4/23/20

The worst online company in New Zealand by far!!! Bought a TV. Showed up in 1.5 months! Was completely smashed. Took to weeks for them to pick it up. They could not confirm when a replacement would come. After 2.5 months from purchase I finally got a refund. 5 months down the track a truck showed up with another broken t.v!! Haha DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

phone number (4)
mattf184
April 23rd, 2020
karant6
February 16th, 2020
very bad experience with them, ordered a spin bike and took 2 weeks to deliver and it was faulty, contacted them to replace it or refund it. Every time lame excuse that Toll will pick up the machine and till now no one has contacted. never buy anything from them. they don't have any contact number, all you can contact them through chat.
jom162
January 20th, 2019
iFit Fitness Smartwatch

If you're thinking of purchasing the ifit watch beware that in order to use it properly you have to download the app which costs $23 per month!!! So don't think you're getting a great deal on 1-day offer. I was annoyed that they don't inform you of this until you find out when purchasing the product. Also, it's very big if you are a small wristed female.
Wish someone had reviewed this before I purchased.
hazmatt
June 13th, 2019
mattp303
May 23rd, 2020
All but one product Ive purchased from 1-day has failed me. I've learnt my lesson. If its too cheap, then its $#*!. And without question, the equipment this site sells is $#*!.
harryc227
December 12th, 2019
Bought a gazebo recently and thinking that their advertised shipping of 8-12 workings would be perfect...... day 8 email stating that I should have received my order-nope! So today, day 14- after days of speaking to 5 different people with 5 different excuses only for to be told that it's still in their depot and if I wanted a refund... F'n oath. Absolute $#*!.
kayleem23
June 26th, 2020
Brought a speaker off here ue blast never ever by it again the charge will last about 5 minutes and then will go dead flat. Definitely would not recommend it never buying of these bull$#*! people again
jonom3
February 12th, 2020
Wouldn't reccomend
30 days to ship my item. When the item arrived it was faulty, I'm now almost a month into them repairing/ evaulating it without any communication. and 10 days over the period they said they would have a result by. The saving isn't worth the hassle.
cw476
June 4th, 2020
You cannot physically telephone or talk to an actual human being at this so called business (no phone number at all anywhere!!). It took a month to receive the order. You never get packing slips so you dont know if the order is complete. Assembly instructions are not in english! I have cancelled orders but they still come, goods dont match what was advertised and purchased and does not match the manuals the goods actually come with!!! I have requested repeatedly a return , refund. rectification.... and nothing! The pricing isnt competative. It just seems to be an outlet for unsold warehouse goods and the like. This is definitely a case of BUYER BEWARE. Is this even lawful???

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE, GOODS ARE CHEAP NASTY/ DONT WORK/ NEVER RECIEVE WHAT WAS ADVERTISED. SHIPPING TAKES TOO LONG/ YOU CANT RETURN GOODS/ NON EXISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE / ALL CORRESPONDENCE IS INTER-SITE AND THEREFORE CUSTOMERS HAVE NO RECORDS OF THEIR INTERACTIONS WITH THIS OUTFIT!!

krisc97
November 22nd, 2019
I purchased an outdoor furniture set, only to find out that the image they posted was completely the wrong product! FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!! MISLEADING IMAGES!!! I immediately contacted them via email. They charged me or the product. I put in a formal complaint. I heard nothing for weeks!! Despite my emails requesting an update. I still dont have a refund! I dont have the product they advertised in the images! When I spoke to someone on online chat, they would not give me any details to email management. Their customer service is non-existent!
tinam564
February 23rd, 2020
I ordered 2 pop up gazebos . After 2 weeks of waiting for them I had to email and they don't know why the items were not shipped . They just couldn't give me an answer as to why they hadn't been sent . I ended up having to cancel and get a refund !
wimv13
December 18th, 2019
Bought queen bed frame and matress, never received the matress, enquire about 100 times without luck. Poor poor service. Would rate them -5.
cheb
October 15th, 2019
Worst online retailer I've ever dealt with.

Bought several items from them and just had issue after issue with zero understanding from their service team...

1. Bedside tables advertised with the wrong measurements.
2. Sheets that weren't in stock - took them over a week to tell me and refund
3. Offered me a coupon that doesn't work when I tried to use it
4. Made me run around and jump through hoops to fix THEIR screw ups.

Save yourself the hassle of dealing with these people. I'd rather pay more and get what I wanted in a timely fashion with real service than save a few bucks and put up with all the headaches they caused.

Classic Kiwi sub-par performance across the board..

1 day we will send you what you ordered
1 day we will get something right
1 day we will learn what service is

Pffft !
bryanr129
December 16th, 2019
This company is owned by Torpedo 7, which is totally owned by The Warehouse, so take all your problems to Head Office in Albany, only way to go
mareej3
October 31st, 2019
Worst company to deal with, they don't reply emails and I am left with a rubbish product . . . Again from them
db551
September 13th, 2019
Bought an iphone7 (refurb) - there was a problem with it straight out of the box. Sent it back and after numerous contacts and numerous promises to resolve I'm still waiting for a refund or replacement. I try and convince myself that 1-day is worth it but time and time again they've let me down. The bitterness of poor quality and poor service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
hayleyb7
February 22nd, 2019
I decided to splurge on my first ever expensive phone, being a brand new Samsung s8. From day 1 I had really poor service and wasn't able to receive or make phone calls. After lots of waiting between emails I finally got to return it to get fixed. They had it for 4 weeks and returned it with the exact same problem. Such a waste of time and very frustrating especially when I rely on a phone to make calls for work. DO NOT BUY A PHONE FROM 1DAY
mikej431
October 28th, 2019
I have requested a refund after 2 attempts to have my item sent. Makes it to the Toll branch in Hamilton then disappears.
This has happened 2 times now.
I have asked for a refund on multiple occasions and they keep stalling. Time to escalate. Never again.
adamm166
December 7th, 2017
Good Christmas deals, I dont bother if the delivery is delayed a bit - at least they let you know you're going to wait two or three additional days, not a big problem for me.
krizziaf
June 9th, 2019
I have bought items from here multiple times and although I've received good ones, the majority are just poor quality. Also, it takes so long for them to ship the item
barbarat211
November 29th, 2018
Been happy with 1-day up to now.Bought a refurbished apple iPhone and had nothing but trouble with it.The first day I notified 1-day there was a problem.Rather than honor a warranty have me jumping through hoops.many emails later I'm Pissed.off. Took my money quick enough give me a phone that works.Was my grandsons first phone.Or refund or credit my account.Just be honest.
sl138
August 12th, 2018
Well, I feel like an idiot. The one time I don't look up reviews for a company before spending almost $1000 and I get duped. Here's me thinking I was doing well by avoiding these Chinese based companies with .co.nz domains, selling used phones as "brand new" at too-good-to-be-true prices, by buying from what I thought was a reputable NZ company... WRONG. They are no better than the Chinese junk merchants!! I paid for what was described as a NEW Samsung Galaxy S8+, which cost more than the refurbished versions they were selling at the same time. I receive a phone that is clearly not brand new: unsealed, opened box; used accessories including a generic power adaptor which, when plugged in to the phone would say "slow charging, use original charger that came with device". Emailed 1-day to inform them of my discovery and send me a brand new phone to which they replied that they would send me an adaptor ONLY. I demanded they give me what I pay for and they simply re-sent the exact same email saying they would send me an adaptor!! Absolute scam artists. Have made a complaint to the commerce commission as it looks like I'm not the only one this has happened to and these thieves need to be investigated.
marcels19
September 11th, 2015
I've bought a heap of items from 1-day.co.nz over the past 2 years and I trust them completely, I've always received excellent service and good quality items.

Most of the item's I've purchased from 1-day.co.nz have been exactly what I expected, although a couple items I've been a little disappointed with. The main one was a fleece lined hoodie jacket I reveived that was really ill-fitting, the design was a bit poor as it sat like a sack around my torso.. But the quality was still quite good and it was only $20.

The shipping rates are very fair, you will be lucky to find lower shipping costs with other online stores.. (Starting from $4.99 tracked and traced for a small -medium package.)

The customer service is excellent, it seems that they really care about it as they keep you informed about the status of your order throughout the process. As soon as you pay for your 1-.co.nz order, you reveice a an email confirming the purchse, and then you will subequently reveive email notifications from 1-day.co.nz as your items are dispatched.
You can then always track your items and know what day they are going to arrive, and I can tell you my items have always arrived within the specified time frame. After your items (should) have been delivered, 1-co.nz then send a courtesy email making sure that you have received and are happy with your items.

The variety of bargains on offer from 1-day.co.nz is so expansive, there really is something for everyone, depending what day it is! As the deals refresh at midday, daily. I've purchased all kinds of items from 1-day.co.nz; outdoor furniture, A greenhouse, storage shelving, clothing & acessories, kids toys, cosmetics, and many other random things that are handy to have!

Finally, the prices truly are unbeatable, which I think is the initial attraction with 1-day.co.nz. But it's more than just great prices; huge varitety, quality product and service.

Just note that some products (majority are not) are parallel imports, and sometimes tech products are refurbished. If either of these are the case with a product, it will be clearly stated in the product listing and explained further in product the description.
kimberleyr
December 19th, 2018
Warning!! This company has terrible service & support. There is no phone number & they are terribly slow to return emails. Shipping is also very very slow. I would not recommend this company!
laurentm4
December 6th, 2016
We bought a refurbished Samsung S5 for my son which had problems from the start and later on screen just cracked and sent it in for repair. They said it cannot be repaired under warranty. Chatted online and was promised a technicians detailed report. After a week nothing, I suggest looking up Director's name on the Companies list and write to them instead.

Agree with all comments above!!! Its a huge scam expensive cheap crap. Manuals dont match the goods, instructions not in english, other items dont even work at all. Shipping takes too long (1 month) Cant even ring and talk to a human being. Returns, rectifications and refunds requests are all ignored. You cant even keep records of your interactions via their site. Dodgy and unlawful I would have thought!! Dont use this site - I have been burned and burned and burned!

By C W.