US Government's NSF

989 Market Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Tel: 1-888-939-6675
domains@zoosk.com

People interested in Zoosk are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellid1

People say they want to meet you, few follow through. (in 236 reviews)

teresaz1

Now, I am attracted to tall guys and that is made clear on my profile. (in 228 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dorseyb14
8/29/15

Was introduced to the woman that I maybe spending alot of time with.Had a great first date and our planning on seeing alot of each other.Thank You Zoosk for Introducing us.

marief25
8/28/15

Its not always easy to meet people, this is a great way.

dawnm48
8/28/15

website easy to use

stevep91
8/27/15

ok site

markc129
8/27/15

You pay $100 to get an account then have to keep buying "coins" for another $100 to actually talk with the potential dates. Pretty tricky slimy deal...

bruces57
8/26/15

Thank's to this site for helping me find my true love.Best of luck to all and hope you all find that one you want to be with.

mikee48
8/25/15

Met a great girl on Zoosk I wish everyone the same fortune

miguelg11
8/24/15

I tried out Zoosk from my Facebook profile. I checked out the site for a month or two to see who's online and whatnot. I got a few winks and some messages. I called Zoosk customer service for a discount on the subscription. The rep was kind enough to give me a 30% discount off the 6 month subscription. I started my subscription in June of 2015. I met a lot of wonderful women on here. I met a wonderful woman just after my first month as a subscriber! Folks, all you need is the right one! Thank you Zoosk!

carolh52
8/24/15

It took a little time, but I have met some very nice men here. There was something about Tony's "hello" that made me think he was new to on-line dating. He seemed shy and innocent. After a little chatting we exchanged phone numbers and decided to meet that evening (Wednesday). (he only lived a few miles from me, so that was extra convenient)

After the first meeting I couldn't stop thinking about him. I had plans to be out of town on the weekend so didn't get to see him again til Sunday evening. I was concerned he would meet someone else before I returned, but he later told me he was "gonna wait for me".

Since that evening, we have been inseparable. We can't wait to see each other and spend time together. We are still learning each other, but with openness and honesty on our parts, it's fairly simple. There is no doubt in my mind that his feelings are genuine, as mine are. We are looking forward to the possibilities in our future. Thank you ZOOSK for "hookin' us up"!! G'luck to everyone searching for their "other half".

Tip for consumers: Use current pictures!!

renaem2
8/24/15

Am I glad I only signed up for one month. This site is awful. You get a notice that someone wants to meet you and you are only given a photo to base your response by. No link to the profile or any other means of gaining access to thier profile. After you pay your membership you find out to have to keep paying more and more ongoing just to get viewed. Matches are with others who live prohibative distances away and no attention at all is given to who might actually be suitable. Lastly it is neccessary to pay one months membership before you can find out that the mechanics of this site make it impossible to work.

robc52
8/23/15

With the having to pay to do anything. It really weeds out skumbags. I.E. to poor to afford to spend a few bucks because they wouldn't be able to afford their carton of cigs and booze AND children things. And if they are truely on their own not just looking to cheat on their man while hes at work, they probably have lots of bills. In conclusion great for seeing quality people....assuming you don't get lots of free profiles popping up...but not much better than the free dating sites. And not as good as the more expensive sites

yolandab6
8/23/15

If you are looking for Mr. right this the site.

debrau
8/23/15

this website is such a joke i have had interest but never no replies. What do you actually get for your money, pictures is all i see.

berniec23
8/23/15

Can you please explain how your site works!I paid a 6 month subscription and have since had 2 -3 people say they would like to chat with me.I email ok but then hear nothing.Do I have to pay again to reply back? , I dont want to pay again everytime i wish to correspond,this is not clear in your information.If the answer to the question is yes then i will cancell my subscription,as a dating site i am not impressed by how they manage the customers who use it.

tomr80
8/22/15

The approval format is a sham. I basically uploaded an x rated perfect date, and of course, it was approved. I think this company is linked with many dating sites of members long gone. Look at the profiles, many have a different format. How can a girl that appears about 20 be listed as a 61 year old if any approval system is used? The scam here is a woman contacts you after reading your profile, asks a couple of simple questions and you never here from her again. That's when you have the option of paying for 'coins' to determine if she read your message, or to pay extra to boost your profile. If you notice practically all of your matches are far away. This way it takes some time before you know you've been duped. If some were local you would figure out right away it's odd that you never ran into them over a 30 year period in a town of 600. I wouldn't doubt it a bit if someone in a third world country is being paid a dollar a day to answer questions or send winks for both sexes. This cons are smart enough to understand that many people looking to date may pay to figure out why they are being blown off or not solicited. This is a total waste of money.

normr2
8/21/15

Great place to meet and greet! It is entirely up the people who are committed to finding someone! It is possible! Just have to want it bad enough, trust it enough to weed through the phonies and believe in the course!

carriek15

,mm

carolm93
8/21/15

I get the same guys all the time that you specially pick for me!!! Then you send me guys that are so far away. How is that going to work!! I'm going to get rid of this dating site!!

marleew
8/21/15

I have never seen such unattractive men on any site I've been on. And to think I PAID for this awful site. I'll B surprised if they post this.

MarLee

lorib40
8/20/15

I went on Zoosk as a last step in the dating pool and met an amazing man on here. Ronald Hubbard. We started dating and we were married on June 20, 2014. I want to thank you for bringing me my soul mate and best friend.

Thank you.

darrenc22
8/20/15

App leaved a little to be desired but it did help a lot in finding someone that I normally would not have.

nancyh61
8/18/15

Meeting someone who will interested in you and you in them is often difficult. I am now enjoying the companionship of a good individual with likes and interests similar to mine. We have future travel plans together.

monicav11
8/18/15

Met a fake guy on Zoosk, "A Zoosk Member" who said he was Italian, but ended up being a Nigerian playing games, posing as a 59 year old man here in Spring Hill, TN, "Matt Humpal". Zoosk in my opinion is not a good site or theres a problem with their verification process.

yvettes5
8/17/15

This has been my most successful dating website. This site is easy to navigate. I've met lots of nice guys on here and have become friends with many of them off this site. I would recommend this site and will use again if this does not work out but I have a wonderful feeling it will.

michaeld137
8/17/15

met the greatest woman on the planet

bactk
8/17/15

I think it's okay. still working on it.

karenh86
8/17/15

I swore I would never submit to online dating. But, at 51 how else was I to understand who was out there, in and beyond my own back yard that seemed interesting.

I was only on the site for 3 weeks. I talked with quite a few men online through Zoosk and then met three people in person within two weeks of being on the site. They were all nice and fit their profiles quite well. My 2nd person I met became my #1 and we've been seeing each other since then.

I am thrilled to have met him and can't wait to see where we go from here.

wendyw39
8/17/15

The ony free thing about this site is viewing and creating a profile. You pay to chat, you pay to read chats. You can't mention in your profile that you can't chat. Can't put in an email address, can't even say how ong you'll pay for the privelage of chatting with people in the age range that Zoosk determines you can view and chat with. No, you don't get to choose an age, a type....you don'tbget to choose much of anything. The people on here are no more serious than the people on the free sites where yu can choose everything about what you are looking for. They cant even readbyour messages because they dont want to pay for a crappy site!!

desh22
8/15/15

They just want your money by their fake profile. No thing else..

Tip for consumers: Never use it.

michaelq6
8/15/15

Overall it was effective, I found several dates and ended up happy. Some of the features are great, some of them annoying. I don't like what I call double dipping. Zoosk please either be a subscription service or an in-app purchase service, quit trying to do both, it's cumbersome and expensive when you start buying coins on top of the subscription fees. You should be able to choose when you are incognito or not without paying a fee is a good example of an irritating double charge.

shirleys55
8/15/15

Hopefully it all works out, he seems great!

rodneyw13
8/13/15

I joined up because of all the profiles of BEAUTIFUL single Christian women in my area, namely Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
I am thoroughly disappointed.
I know how to pick out fake profiles now, but Zoosk trolls will refine it, so this is your chance to avoid Zoosk altogether.
I am PLAGUED with messages... the EXACT same messages from women who say we would make a great couple, who say they need my email to send me pictures... I did that ONCE, then got a fake form letter from Gmail saying I needed to change my password, and enter the old one... Of course I didn't, but almost did... They just wanted my password.
Zoosk fake profiles usually have ONE photo, the race is wrong, and the height is usu 3 ft zero... but the description is usually the same. The biggest dead giveaway is the tiny town all those beautiful women are from, which I know is a village, and just one store and old people live there... I absolutely hate zoosk for lying to and taking advantage of men looking for love....
My final beef is they fuuuuuuking kept taking 75 dollars from my credit card without me knowing, without informing me, without asking me if I still wanted to take part in that waste of life with fake profiles.... I contacted them after viewing my credit card bills and they said their terms are outlined when signed up... bastards.... so I cancelled my subscription finally, after almost two hundred dollars spent and I met only one cheating lying supposedly separated mommy who actually came to my apt picked me up, then screwed me before work.... and I didn't really want to move that fast... but she wasn't really separated I found out later.... so thanks for the STD Myra.... Zoosk is a joke, and waste of time and money, everything costs, should be free after you subscribe.... hate this con artist site...

joyc342
8/13/15

Meet a very wonderful man, I can start over with. That is why I came to a site like this one. At first it felt like a bar/pick up place get a piece of ass and never talk to them again. Yes this happened, but I learned very quick to be to read every work they typed.
I am thankful to this site, because I found Chris here. Happiness is on the way when he comes home from Iraq.

franm4
8/13/15

The worst possible dating site! It's very unfriendly. Can't see the person's profile before answering yes or no.

jonhy
8/12/15

Seems that everything is automatically manipulated. Most of the profiles sound fake... What a waste of money and time...

suel35
8/12/15

This site is terrible. The concept of needing coins to unlock a match is truly absurd. What are we paying for with membership? The carousel is stupid since it has no details so you are saying yes or no not knowing where in the planet the person is located. The chat is slow and usually you end up not connecting with someone because they are not online at the time. Many of the men were only interested in one thing and it was not a friendship, dating or a real relationship. Save your money!

aa1050
8/11/15

I opted for one month subscription @ GBP 14.99 however when checking my bank account I see they have taken one month + six month subscription amounts coming to a total GBP 86.93 - I am trying to contact the company to get the 6 months cancelled and my money back but they are not responding to my ermails and phone call messages Ive left.

I am going to the press as this is FRAUD !!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SUBSCRIBE

deirdrea3
8/10/15

From someone who was seeking to use online dating as a resource for pre-selecting men of potential marriage match for me, I have a few suggestions that would make the site more useful (while those looking for more casual dating can continue to use only what suits them). When I had first joined the site there were compatibility questions which I found very helpful and there was plenty of space available to provide more details in the profile. Over time, the compatibility questions disappeared and when I went to edit my profile, I had to significantly reduce the content or it would not be saved. It would also be nice to configure preferances such as distance and age range so one will not be bothered by the winks, message or even views of anyone outside of those preferances. As I would check the new views, each pass over someone I had viewed before counts in the system as having 'viewed' their profile even though we are just clicking through the views see what the 'new' ones are. This is misleading, causing others to think you are constantly 'checking them out' when you're really not. Also when chatting with someone, the chat window we have for typing is so small (a single scrolling text line) it is challenging to review what you've typed before sending. A large text box in which the text wraps and and ability to expand to full view when typing would be a great improvement! Otherwise, I had a positive experience and did meet some quality people along the way.

rayboj
8/10/15

II have never seen a scam like this one. TALK ABOUT BEING PUNKED!!! There computers are the only people you talk to. It spits out responses to your winks,messages,etc. YOUNEVER REACH WHO YOU SEND A MESSAGE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you reach their computer and it sends back a few words or says they just viewed you (AT 3 IN THE MORNING???????????? many people at this hour.. ITS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zooski
8/8/15

I went through an entire process only to find out the damn website costs money. wrote up my interests, passions and all that bull$#*! to find out THEIR WEBSITE IS BULL$#*!!!!! NEVER USE ZOOSKS FELLOW INTERNET D8RS

juliannee
8/8/15

I paid for a month on Zoosk (because if you don't pay, you go nowhere). Then I learned that I have to pay again for access to the men who pop up and show an interest in me.

To pay for what I thought I had already paid for, you need Coins. To get Coins, there is something called Carousel where you earn Coins by indicating YES, MAYBE, or NO when a random man's face pops up. Just his face. No profile info whatsoever. You can't read anything at all about him in order to make an informed choice. You can't get a Coin for a NO answer. You can only get Coins - which you will then use to buy access to the truly interesting man who is trying to reach you - by clicking YES or MAYBE.

Of course, to be fair, if you want to spend even more on this absurd site, you do have another option. You can outright pay cash for Coins.

So to whore your way to a bigger cache of Coins, you choose MAYBE for the 30 guys who look most like the man of your dreams and least like the man of your nightmares (30 is the minimum needed to pay to play as far as I can tell). You choose MAYBE even if the man in the picture looks like Dog the Bounty Hunter and you are hopinng for Atticus Finch.

Then later, when some of the MAYBEs contact you, and you finally get to read about them, you learn enough about them to smile, grimace, or scream.

Supposedly you can Chat with someone who is on line at the same time you are. But all that amounts to is sending him a message which he will see right away because he is on the site at the moment. This is not like a Live Chat with AT&T. If he's "Chatting" with a couple of other women when you send him that message, or if he's clipping his toenails but forgot to log out of his Zoosk account, Chatting is no different from simply sending him a message in the first place.

I am hating this site. I don't recommend it. I feel like I'm in a casino whenever I sign on. I won't be renewing after my month is up.

paulk98
8/7/15

When you least expect it , your partner may happen upon you and totally change your perspective of Zoosk.
So don't give up and settle for just anyone just to not be alone.
I found my equal , and you can to.

annoym2
8/7/15

do not join. you can never remove your profile.

rl39
8/7/15

I was nervous at first about having so many men view my profile but it was discreet enough in the required details. I may not have used all the features to the full potential as I was not sure how to set the search to screen out certain ages and profiles. I was looking for a certain amount of physical attraction connection first and foremost which is why I think this site works b/c it's based on photo and profile not something speculating on compatibility.

bryand32
8/6/15

Just want to let everyone know I met someone on Zoosk

kevink65

work for me

andreac70
8/5/15

I seemed to have met a genuinely good man, looking forward to starting a great adventure with him.

everettd7
8/5/15

This site worked great for me, and I've met a wonderful woman. You do have to pay, since the free part is 100% useless, so just bite the bullet and pay. Then buy some coins, because you need those to "unlock" people that want to meet you, so just do it. Don't buy more than a 30 day subscription though, because you'll lose any money you spent once you meet somebody (which is quick) and you want to stop getting messages from all these poor women who still think you're available.

lissetteg1
8/4/15

I've been on zoosk since May 2015. I have enjoyed this site a lot. I was on eharmony and match and met on 1 person on each. While on zoosk, i was dating a least a new person once a week. The gentlemen on the site have been kind, educated, and respectful. I finally met a wonderful man who is compatible to me. We have fallen in love and starting and exciting and caring relationship. I have recommended this site to other friends who have signed up. I recommend this to you!!!

susanw67
8/4/15

Zoosk, thank you. We shall see, what we shall see! I would like to suggest, that you allow people, to narrow the "field" instead of having the ability to ONLY do it, under saved searches. And, you may want to point out to men, as I must have deleted 2 thousand of them, for that reason alone, NO real woman, wants a picture taken in a bathroom, and typos, check for typos, gentlemen, " I like "dinning out", is easily remedied. Lastly, a man that says he is 62, and when met, is 72, is a waste of everyone's time...Honesty, only way to go.
Thanks, Susie

62 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
Answer
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
4/4/15
Answer
donj23
A: They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!
4/5/15