US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bojann

Most of the people on this site don't even communicate. (in 168 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 25 reviews)

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

theresab16
4/19/15

I thought I found my someone special on Zoosk. Turns out he was in Africa, Nigeria and Ghana. Their was a bunch of them scamming people.I almost was arrested. I however, got out of that mess. Just warning to all out there. Please be careful.

saritar1
4/18/15

This is the worst site I have ever been on and a waste of money. Very hard to contact anyone at the site for help. Finally got someone to answer the phone. Explained to him I was getting emails advising someone was contacting me but when I tried to go in all I got was a blue screen with word Zoosk at the top. The guy I spoke was really no help ..got frustrated so I told him to close the acc, It has been doing this for 3 months. The guy said I had 23 days left but what does it matter if I cant get into it. I have forgotten my user id and no help with that either.,,,so im done with it.

teresag14
4/18/15

Seems like there were better options and people tailored to my taste than other dating sites. I recommend Zoosk.

denam2
4/18/15

There are a decent pool of people on here but I really didn't care for having to spend so much time on the carousel to avoid spending more money. You don't know until after you sign up that "30 coins" are required to connect with a person that has expressed interest in you. You can earn a max of 40 coins a day by saying yes/maybe to connecting with a person based on their picture and city only. On average I might spend 20-30 minutes clicking through pictures before I'd find 40 ppl that I liked --not the time investment I had originally planned on. But, I refused to spend more money after already paying for 6 months in advance.

Anyway, in spite of all that... I met someone that I really like and it looks like we may be able to make this thing work.

nigelz2
4/16/15

Been 10 months on Zoosk and must admit, one of the best and cheapest ways to get someone for a casual relationship!!! If you know how to make a conversation and can put a smile on a female, you're the MAN! $79 annual fee I've paid is not even noticeable when I look into my phone directory - 178 females and had fun with more than 95 already!!!!

tw204
4/15/15

There are not enough active members on this site.... OLD Profiles of people who haven't been on it for months...

williamp63
4/15/15

I met someone very special on Zoosk. I was skeptical but not now. I actually met alot of nice people but I met the woman of dreams and we are soooooo happy....THANK YOU GOD AND ZOOSK!!!! Iwould recommend this service to anyone wanting to meet someone. Much simpler to use and with great results than all the other sites!!!!

William Perkins

paula371
4/15/15

I have found Zoosk to be a very active dating site. It was actually much more than I initially thought it would be and I am therefore very pleased with the results. But now that I have met someone through Zoosk there is no need for me to utilize the site.

Thank you for the fine service!

joshn15
4/14/15

Sometimes you get lucky. First day met a beautiful woman. Canceled subscription since I don't need to look any more.

ashleyg44
4/13/15

I had just returned home from a very dear friends baby shower, " it was a girl, " and I thought how I should probably get online and check my messages before my time expired. I just happen to come across Adam at that moment, we exchanged a simple hello, and then he asked if I'd like to talk. The next thing I know he's calling me.....and at this point I know what everyone must be thinking, but not this one......he's different.....he's way different than anyone I've ever met, or known. So we've been talking for over 5 months now, and still going. He's in the Airforce over in South Korea now, but leaves for London in September of 2015. We've agreed to keep in touch and for me to have many many visits to London. We will be meeting for the very first time about the end of June to the beginning of July. I'm beyond excited. I know that he's the one for me, a true God send. You see, the funny thing about all this is, is that I had asked God to send me a good man right before Thanksgiving, and well he sure did respond now didn't he. Thank you Lord.

margin
4/12/15

Met someone on Zoosk this guy had pictures sounded like he was prince charming the whole nine yards, turned out he was on Zoosk to meet someone and then scam them out of your money! Yes I was stupid enough to fall for it, I lost $6000 to this bonehead. So girls always be extremely nosey this person whoever he was pretended to be in the Army which makes the rest of the men and women in the Army look bad. BE WARE you never know. I posted this with hopes no one will fall for this.

justinom
4/11/15

it was a great experencie using this site i meet a woman i really like thanks alot zoosk love justin

dawnellc
4/11/15

Thanks Zoosk for introducing me to the most amazing, caring person I've ever known. I melt in his arms❤

barryt7
4/11/15

Just in case they read these things, I won't say in what way, but they have a poorly written algorithm to generate fake profiles that make it pretty obvious. I'm assuming that in areas where they have more actual people, they don't use it, but here it looks like over half of my matches are fake.

ruthb36
4/10/15

I met my prince charming.....He is cute, lives in a warm place, is on a permanent spring break. He's fun, goofy, and intelligent. He's tall, did I say cute? He makes my mango margaritas. Likes spending time with me. Makes me feel special. Promises to make all my dreams come true. Thank you Zoosk.. a satisfied subscriber.

deeh28
4/9/15

Zoosk is my hero and John is my saving Grace! The Zoosk site is an awesome place to meet and greet people like you! Talk with only the ones you would like to! Its fun if you keep it fun!!

susanc102
4/9/15

I'm embarrassed that I got on Zoosk, I should have known better. The website is awe full to maneuver. I winked at a few members and I can't tell where it lists it on my account,. Not like other website (that you don't have to pay for) it doesn't keep track of who I am interested in. Also the "Carousel" keeps showing me the same match ups over and over even though I have "deleted" it from my list. I recommended NOT TO SIGN UP ON THIS WEBSITE (for your own good and $)

kelliel3
4/9/15

Dating at its best in my area is painful. I don't think its especially great anywhere, but in my area its limited to say the least. I like the offering of options to search that Zoosk gave me. I enjoyed the formatting and the contact options. I had to kiss a few toads, to find a prince. I know there is no filter for that.
I did meet someone.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

wendyb19
4/9/15

I needed to find a way to meet someone new and not being one that goes out much and really does not ever get a chance top meet a lot of new people. So I decided to give the on-line dating a try. I had tried years previous with some success. I was just about to give up on the Zoosk site when I got the message from him. I knew the minute I saw his picture and read his profile that he and I were probably going to be a good match. We have not been a part very much since our first date. He is AMAZING and I truly feel God blessed me with this wonderful man. It is so good to have someone put such a smile on your face every day. I am one lucky lady!!

carlt227
4/8/15

WE both joined about the same time. In a week we met, another week a 1st date, 5 weeks later am getting off on0line dating....hopefully for good.

ano22
4/8/15

Only one thing to say about this:

http://www.casualkiss.com has had the same feature since 2009

As I hunt scammers, I see a lot of reports from Zoosk.

bethp24
4/7/15

I did not subscribe and therefore couldn't send or respond to chats or emails - YET- I would get notifications that told me a man was accepting my chat request. The last time this happened was after I sent someone a wink. How can people accept chats if I can't send chats. The customer service tried to tell me I may have accidentally clicked the "MegaFlirt" button. Where are my boots? I know I didn't the first time but was far more careful after and it happened again.
They refuse to allow members to post that we haven't subscribed and would change my profile every time I tried to post it with that information, yet I read profiles from members that said they had subscribed. It's a double standard.
I believe they are intentionally luring members with fake chat requests to make them believe the other person sent one. Zoosk probably expects that members will pay for the service, Zoosk doesn't want them knowing the first member isn't subscribed and can't reply. They are a pathetic company profiting off of the loneliness of these members. I will stick with match at least they highlight profiles that are subscribed so members know which ones can respond. I am extremely disappointed in my experience at Zoosk - 124countrygirl

patj17
4/7/15

I enjoyed meeting and chatting on Zoosk. The men were real on this site and I enjoyed mist of all the compatibility check and verifications. If my choice doesn't turn into a true connection I will come back. I recommend Zoosk highly for finding friendship, companionship and love!

juliew42
4/6/15

My last day on zoosk a found the most beautiful Lady, she is my world, and soul mate I almost gave up. There is someone for everyone. She is out there I just waited for the best to get together. You will know when you meet her. We have a lot in common, we finish each others sentences. So They are out there. I have been looking for awhile. Thank you, Julie

Tip for consumers: Teat her like a lady, and never give up on her or yourself.

dickl7
4/6/15

Does anyone get a reply from anyone on Zousk? I don't mean a 'tell me more about yourself' reply, I mean an actual reply that is meaningful from someone on the site? You see no one on the site needs to ask you to tell them more about yourself because all they have to do is see your profile on the site. Many of the photos don't look authentic to me either. I gave my number to 150 women on this site and I didn't get one call.

mikep111
4/5/15

For the most part, I feel that it was a positive experience. There were a few rude people but I enjoyed chatting with different people.

shannoni1
4/5/15

Back in December of 2014 I became a paying member. I went through hundreds of profiles. I was being viewed by the same men at one point so I began messaging them. Several times. I never got a response. There was one in particular that I wanted to meet. But he never got back to me. But he continually kept viewing my profile. I tried one last time, got no answer so I blocked him. One man approached me almost at the end of my membership. He was Syrian and had an advanced degree in biomedical engineering. I thought it was a fake profile or I was being catfish. But we talked more then moved to hangouts and I finally felt comfortable enough to video chat with him. He was real. But then things got ugly really fast. Like on that first chat. He began to ask me about sexual things. Like masturbation. How much I do it. Do I like it. I was very uncomfortable and felt like I had truly wasted my time. I tried to steer the conversation away from that but he was persistent. So I told him that he was disgusting and I closed the video chat. I felt like I had been assaulted. His intelligence was what I really liked about him and now I had never felt so stupid. Nobody else contacted me and I knew that this site will bill you like a week before the end of your subscription so I got a new debit card and cancelled the one that they had on file for me. I was more than disappointed. I was traumatized. Because I truly liked this man and he immediately ruined it once we were face to face.

ashtonv1
4/4/15

I didn't think there was anyone out there for me. But then I met these two girls who turned my life right side up again. I have a huge heart and I'm looking forward to sharing it with her and her daughter. And her share hers with me and my kids.

artb17
4/4/15

Took a while! Zoosk has more real people than any other. I met many here where we did not "click" and a few who wanted a sugar daddy, but kept at it and found my wife. Thank you Zoosk.

tiffanyh22
4/4/15

I met an amazing guy off this site. He is everything I've wanted and more. I'd definately reccomend this site for love. My advice is talk an little but to all who message you, when Mr. RIGHT shows up, you'll feel it.

frankm27
4/4/15

I know for a fact that Zoosk creates FAYE profiles of women (in my case), to lure men into signing up.

After I signed up both profiles were deleted at the same time.

And, the responses I receive from women I contact are a game some one is playing... not a real woman.

ZOOSK is a scam..

veeveev
4/3/15

They advertised the one month membership cost as $29.99. I was signing up because they don't allow you to read the messages you receive, without a membership. After entering my credit card information and accepting the transaction, the next page let me know there is an additional $24.99 activation fee; meaning $54.94 for one month. I left the page, and then received an email from Zoosk offering to waive the activation fee if I sign up within the next 24 hours. I went through the process again and this time the terms of agreement say that…
There’s an automatic membership renewal and the only way to avoid it is to cancel your (paid) membership prior to the renewal. They write that the renewal fee will be the same amount plus unspecified taxes and unspecified fees.

*Keep in the mind: the one month fee (highest fee) X2 + Random fees? + Random taxes? = Zoosk having fun with your credit card.

1- I hate that they have your credit card information prior to all terms being understood and agreed to; they purposely set up their system to “accidently” take unapproved amounts of money from you.

*I don’t think I’m going to sign up, but if you do I suggest: *** You use a pre paid credit gift card.

reneen4
4/3/15

I prefer POF because as a woman I can chat and receive messages from the guys for free. I don't have enough to live on much less 5o throw away trying to find "love".

tomp57
4/3/15

No matter how many miles you put, they keep sending you matches hundreds of miles away. People you contact are no longer on there. Once you cancel they use you profile forever. They keep sending you emails that someone sent you a message or is interested in you. Stay away its a rip off

beckyt12
4/3/15

I wasn't going to join but this handsome man kept sending me messages and I had to see what he was saying. I'm so glad I did

brandyb7
4/3/15

I'm a widowed school teacher in Central Florida. I'm past the club scene and not interested in the bar scene. Needless to say, it's difficult to meet quality men in my age bracket. Within a couple of weeks of joining Zoosk, I met an amazing man on your site. The only down side is, he lives in Connecticut, but were both willing to give this a try. After a couple weeks of messaging, we began texting and talking on the phone. We text frequently throughout the day, and have 2 to 3 meaningful conversations as well. We are now in a committed relationship and will be vacationing together this summer!

Tip for consumers: Give it a try! What do you have to lose? Who knows, you may find a person that exceeds your expectations like I did!!

gailh40
3/29/15

flaws in the site, like the search area doesnt stay the same. but if it did i wouldnt have met the man of my dreams. so itis great

robertd114
3/28/15

The strongest principle of human growth lies in choice. F.D.
Each day, I wake up and make a choice. I choose to focus my energy and mind on one woman for ???

Tip for consumers: the Nero Linguistics of the men and women are Mirroring.

leahh10
3/27/15

I got charged 300 USD by Zoosk the without my knowledge. And when I noticed it on my bank statement it was too late.
I sined up for one month trial in 2014 and after a month was no longer using it as it wan't good for me. In 2015 a year later they took off 300 USD just like that.
No one refunded me the money.

Tip for consumers: I rate it as the lowest in terms of everything compare to other sites.

lowells15
3/26/15

When I first started on this dating site I was really nervous because I had never done anything like this before.It was very stressful at first but once I got into the swing of things it kind of got fun after awhile. I really saw some nice ladies on here and some
fake profiles but they are pretty easy to pick out trust me! All in all I would recommend this dating site to my friends or family. Good luck to all of you.

Tip for consumers: The best tip I could offer is just be your self. And the one that got my hart didn't wink wink me or try to flirt with me. she just asked me one simple question from something she had seen in my profile. And she had me because she took the time to read all of my profile. That's the best tip simple is better. I hope this helps

andrewl57
3/26/15

There are so many women to choose from. Most are not going to be a match for you. But if you keep looking with an open mind, you are bound to find someone as I did.

Tip for consumers: Always use the max number of pics. Always include a full body shot. If your pics are blurry, don't use them. Nobody wants to see your pets, children, vacation photos, sunsets, or anything other than pics of you that are clear and current.

cinaidt
3/24/15

I'm so happy I found zoosk!
I met my now Fiancé on there and we've been together ever since. 2 years and now planning our wedding. Thanks!

benc136
3/24/15

There are clearly a lot of fake profiles that Zoosk has created to give men/women the illusion that there a lot of very attractive available people on the site/app. Here is an example of how Zoosk should have a class action lawsuit. To subtly approach women, men can send a gift. However these "gifts" are purchased by first spending real money to get a virtual currency– "coins". Once a member has purchased coins, they can now spend them to purchase girts or unlock a connection. Basically, to really access the full experience of Zoosk, in a better user friendly way, you need coins and lots and lots of them. In short it's a scam for Zoosk to earn more money off innocent people after the subscription. The subscription allows for you to have a conversation with other members, while 30 coins allow you to actually begin MOST conversations. There is a way to acquire coins for free, and that is to spend ridiculous amounts of time constantly viewing pics and profiles, just to get one coin for Liking someone. Again, it seems that almost 1/3 to 1/2 seem fake members.
The good news, in spite of all the crap, there were some actual real people (hurray) who I connected with. You can actually pretty much get the same superficial experience from any dating site/app. It's online dating! It's weird, because people are as almost as fake as the actual fake profiles. Don't forget Tinder is free!

Tip for consumers: If you see a member with the name "A Zoosk Member", and/or they are very attractive and have 1 picture, it is most likely a fake profile. A good clue is the auto-response that these profiles have. The response to a message you send or a "wink wink" will cleverly prompt you to send another message or a first message. This conversation is fake! Basically, you'll be engaging with a computer/some dude in India probably. Regardless, you may find someone, whether it's Zoosk or not. Online dating

keithd27
3/23/15

Automatic comments from Zoost....falsely lead.When eliminated..members stay on system..Why cancel???I think some professional people pretend they are players....to encourage members to spend money.

whitneyl5
3/23/15

Zoosk was the first website I have ever used for online dating. I had never been on a dating website before and I figured I would give it a shot. I met a bunch of great, honest people on this site, went on a few dates and am now in a relationship with someone that I met on here! I cant wait to see what the future holds! Zoosk was definitely a great site, a fantastic experience! To anyone else looking for love, give Zoosk a chance and good luck in your search! :)

Tip for consumers: Be open minded! give people a chance even if you think it might never work out. you never know who you will meet and where life will take you! :)

angelp17
3/20/15

Zoosk has been a great place to meet local women. Thanks to Zoosk I was able to meet an amazing woman who is comparable to my likes with much love to give.

Tip for consumers: Be impressionable and intelligent when communicating with potential partners on Zoosk

sherryr10
3/19/15

This site is costly ($75 for 6 months) to join and is poorly laid out. They have a popularity meter that tells you are unpopular but can fix that by purchasing coins to boost your profile. Really?! You can earn coins only by agreeing to meet people but are limited to 40 per day. While you are in the meet me (carousel) mode, you don't have access to their profile. UGH! They won't refund my $$ so I requested they let my subscription expire. .

Tip for consumers: join Match, POF or OK Cupid..

cathyc39
3/16/15

The new man in my life I found here on Zoosk...he is wonderful and things are moving along nicely. Thank you Zoosk for this new love and chance at it

donj23
3/15/15

Zoosk randomly populates your Views with people who didn't actually view you. For instance, if someone Views you once, Zoosk will put them into your Views randomly after that, causing you to think someone is "Hot" for you when they actually are not. Also, when I met someone locally, I tried to change my profile, and Zoosk would not allow the change. These guys are manipulative...Beware!

Tip for consumers: Don't trust Zoosk. There is something very wrong with this site!

rickyg11
3/14/15

like any other site. you gotta run into some bad apples before you find the one. zoosk is a really fun way to meet new friends and maybe even find the one you can never let go. big thank you to zoosk.

Tip for consumers: get there six month subscription. it is worth it.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
stphent
A: I had the same experience with some women, Sherry R is probably correct, just cheap men trying to earn 40 coins on the carousel to avoid paying, my suggestion would be to initiate a conversation, if they do not reply within a reasonable time block them. I will say this the girl I met on Zoosk and I am now happily dating signed up for Zoosk and could not communicate with me for 2 weeks until she paid and was then able to reply to conversations, in other words she was on the free/trial Zoosk version. Overall I love the site and had a few nice dates until I met my current girlfriend. We are really happy and would never have met otherwise.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk

Zoosk?
Click here to post a review