US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.4153621000
domains@zoosk.com

289 Reviews for Zoosk.com

Review Highlights

Even before my profile was fully created I was having doubts.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/18/14

Do not give this site your credit card! You cannot cancel online as it states, it is auto renew and you cannot cancel that on their site . The numbers they give you to call do not work. They give you a recording and then disconnect. Call 415-362-1000 and press 0 repeatedly. I must have pressed it 50 times. It finally got me to a live person. Horrible, horrible site. Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Stay away, far away!

8/16/14

I can not believe that there is an institution where we as customers could complain about businesses of this kind where they literally lie to you and basically still your money, I really some one takes down this business. Stay away!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

8/14/14

Wish I could give it a zero. They literally robbed me and refused to give me a refund. I started a free subscription, two days later realized it sucked and emailed them to cancel my account. Instead of listening to my request, they charged me for a months subscription. I emailed them three times to figure out why it happened, and they responded two weeks later saying it wasn't possible. Literally screw this site.

8/11/14

I still get messages from them using my friends name to post with that should be ILLEGAL.
They are straight hijackers. They have a pay for coin system to meet womea who sent you an iINVITE. Totally they use this and send fake invites constantly from other members. Who never ever did this. On woman said she had several men respond to her from this cheap victimization of lonely. It all fake its all a scam. I quit zoosk and they were of course rude. But I kept getting messages of interest from women all cute of course.
Zoosk is lies. It is a cheat. It is unethical and immoral.
IS It in partnership with Fbook I don't know. I have had daily posts from my friends to tell me how they like zoosk they never used it in their life.
They are an

8/10/14

I keep getting "messages" from members but the messages are all the same and they're coming from different profiles. RED FLAG! (My opinion, they just want to entice you so that you subscribe)

I considered subscribing and was asked for a 24.99 activation fee, when I complained about it they sent me a text within the minute that they're waiving the fee. RED FLAG! (My opinion, they just want your money, and they're willing to do w/e to get it).

After reading the ToS agreement I was disgusted by the fact that Zoosk subscribes you for auto-renewal. Why isn't there an option? And to make it worst Zoosk asks that you send certified or registered snail mail to cancel your subscription.

We live in an age where EVERYTHING done online, is done online! Cancellations included. Stay away, these guys are crooks and they're preying on vulnerable people looking for friendship.

$#*!ing Snakes.

8/9/14

This dating site is a joke!!!! They are all about taking your money!!! One you give them a credit card YOU CAN NOT remove it!!! You are required to keep a card on file for them to charge as they please. You have to earn or buy "coins" to send lame ass gifts (flowers, hearts, chocolates, ect..) Do not give them a credit card #, if you did, dispute the charges with the issuing bank to get the charges reversed!!!

8/6/14

I'm new to the online dating scene, but let me tell you. I created the free account, and yeah I was skeptical. I kept getting messages saying so-and-so wants to chat, or they sent you a message. So I gave them my credit card info and signed up for 6 months. What a waste of money! There were no messages, and I get no replies to messages. I'll send a wink, and get the same automated message. Save your money. Try Plenty of Fish. It's really free! Set up an account and you get to chat with people without giving out your credit card number. I even went out on a few dates. Yeah they have extra features you can pay for, but you don't need them, and there's no pressure to buy! I just wish I read reviews before I signed up, but when you see TV Comercial you automatically assume it's all good. Don't make the same mistake me and thousands of others made.

8/6/14

This is the worst dating site I have ever dealt with. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! I was a member for 3 days and had nothing but problems with the site for the entire time. One time, no one could log on, and it keeps changing my preferences on its own, it changed my user name on its own. I deactivated my account taking my loses to save me anymore frustration. NO WORTH YOUR TIME!

8/4/14

Been a member for months, I have talked to a few girls, but only one girl was somewhat local, I would say 75% of the accounts are inactive. The chat system sucks, the whole site is pretty bad...I hated that i had to waste $75 to find that out.

8/4/14

There is in automatic computer answering the winks you send out. two of the winks I send out, the way they replied were the same msg. What a full of crap. I regretting paying money to this site.

7/31/14

I am trying to figure out how to get OFF Zoosk as it is the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced in the dating world... you'd be better off placing a Craigslist ad!

Unless you want to pay lots of money you cannot meet anyone and need to buy "coins" to read or reply to messages, look at whole profiles or pics or accept chats... for 3 days I have tried posting "I am leaving Zoosk so please do not message me or waste your money trying to chat with me because I can't even see your messages" and whoever is approving ads deletes ALL that despite the fact it does not violate any written Zoosk rules...

In other word you have NO right to free speech and you can't even say in your own profile you are leaving without that being deleted for no reason!

I have met NOBODY here not even chatted to one in over 3 months... save your efforts for a site like POF, OKCupid or Meetme.com at least you have a chance there... once I leave Zoosk I will never waste my time there again and will be sharing this same review on a dating site ratings site later that Zoosk cannot delete (don't count on them leaving this review on their ad, they will delete it too!)

7/25/14

My experience on zoosk has been beyond frustrating, as:
1. The site is very contrived with all of the inadvertent "views."
2. When I have sent gals messages, I get a notification that they have either "accpeted my chat request" or that they "want to chat" with me.
3. I got suckered by the "mega flirt" feature, as I did notice that two ladies sent me the EXACT SAME message. It was not until quite a while later that I realized the why of that, and it was a result of seeing the template options in the "mega flirt" section (I also saw another, different exact same template message there, which I had received from another gal).
All of the above listed reasons detract from any credibility that this site might have.
Granted, I did have what appeared to be legitimate conversations with a few gals, but the absolute sky-high rejection rate has been staggering, and I am a pretty decent looking guy. As has been mentioned by others, my guess is that the vast majority of women are not paying members, if real at all.

7/24/14

I'd give it a 0 if I could. This site is bogus. They use profiles that are not active and change the profile names and locations so they appear to be matches that you are searching for in your location. I saw one profile come up with three different names and locations! They want money for any additional service too. Plus nooooo matches in my location except 10 at the most! Total rip off!

7/24/14

I am in South Australia. Everything negative that has been reported about zoosk on Jabber is absolutely true. I recently paid for 6 months subscription and cannot contact anyone .One " lady " contacted me after I supposedly sent a wink but I have never ever even seen her prior to her messaging me re. the wink .Zoosk now want me to subscribe AGAIN to find out her full message and contact her back ! Not likely !! I just wished I had read the reviews prior to doing my dough !! David P.

7/23/14

This online dating site is totally over run and hi-jacked by scammers!! BEWARE..... The few honest users you may stumble upon are few and far between. If you've had any experience with the low life predators out there, spare yourself .....

7/22/14

I was just about to join.....so glad I looked at the reviews! I guess I will go with Match.com....thanks guys!

7/21/14

Really difficult to cancel so always pay by credit card. But to be honest not worth it. Some profiles are real but most arent live and are just free ones and there is no way to differentiate what is live and what is not. Terrible.

7/12/14

I would give a HUGE 0, but you have to give at least 1 star. I joined this fake site 1 week ago, immediately started messaging back & forth w/ a "fake" guy that "lives" 83 mi away. I think this person is an employee to get me "hooked" to Zoosk, / the "fake" attention. I will NEVER believe this guy is real. The person I was "corresponding" with was .. very very good at seeming real, they are not in another country. I can't point to any one thing that raised flags, except that "he" seemed too good to be true; never talked money, or "love" --- just "enchanting", I cancelled my "stupid tax" subscription within a few hours. I also wrote to Zoosk-- told them they had better not continue my subscription. I also made 3 more fake accts... and wow!! the phony "guy" sent my phony lady's messages within an hour or 2. I do have to add here, that I happen to know several guys (my age) personally on zoosk.. I went to HS with them.. and reconnected with 1-- so, there are real ppl on there.. but all the comments below mine are TRUE. So, you have to take every single message with a BUCKET of salt. I'm also thinking this is true for EVERY dating site, same as "real life".. You can't give your trust away, it HAS to be earned. I find online dating sites to be merely entertainment.. it feels addicting, logging on daily to "see what cute guy might notice me".. I imagine it's the same for most of us.. so, in the meantime, no one is able to filter through all the phony's, liars, cheats, .. and I think much of it may be good ppl.. but no one can focus on the "new messager, bc we have soooo many ppl messaging, we don't want to ignore anyone.. etc,etc,etc", .

7/10/14

My experience was exactly the same - Lies! Lies! Lies! What an expensive hunk of crap that experience was. Maybe we should all start our own forum somewhere? There's certainly enough single people here, we all have the disaster of Zoosk to get talking? Reddit?

7/10/14

i get tons of emails saying women want to meet me but i have never even signed up for zoosk and they dont have my details. they were sold on to zoosk by another dodgy date site ,theyre all in it together to scam guys ,stay way from them all ,theyre all scammers

7/10/14

been on this site for 2 months, what a load of crap..... hardly any responses to chat, when you do get a response its either not my type, or just a plain thanks!!! bul$#*! site.... Same faces every time you log in, where are the supposed 50 million subscribers?? don't join this site...

Veteran Reviewer
7/8/14

Its always funny to see so many 1 star ratings then suddenly there is a high rating. Usually a 4 or 5 star "I love it" Shill / fake account. lol

7/4/14

total scam fake profiles to get you to bye the subscription. The Sims fake messages to get you to buy the coins and by their gifts actually just send the note to a computer there's no real person at the other end. it is a total scam go to eharmony.com or match.com

7/3/14

All I can say is the 2 reviews that gave this site 5 stars, Nice try founder and co-founder but majority rules here. I only gave it a 1 star because 0 was not an option. The worse site period....

6/28/14

I found this site very confusing to use. I did not like the coins/carosel feature. I felt that the site should have used my preferences to prevent me from being an option on someone's carousel that did not match the preferences I chose for dating. I also didn't like that every time I scanned a picture to see who viewed me, it let them know that I viewed them. And after I deleted a bunch of views, all of the men I deleted came back up on my recently viewed, because they thought I viewed them. Very frustrating. However, I was fortunate to meet someone after several attempts to find the right person, so that was the bonus.

6/27/14

I liked that there were possible matches close to me, but I had a hard time typing in the box. I found it difficult to go over my text to check for errors that might cause misunderstandings, because the box is so small. I would have preferred one like this one so I could see what I typed without having to scroll backwards, etc. I was frustrated with the process.

6/27/14

It is a scam. Complete BS. The website (or its creators) has no sincere interest in finding you a person that you might have a connection with. Their interest is, getting you to open your wallet again and again, and again. I have no problem for paying, for actual "things" that I could conceive as a tangible purchase, such as goods or service, Zoosk offers none of this. Complete crap. Will recommend against, to all who ask.

6/26/14

I paid $19.95 for "virtual coins". These don't allow you to correspond with any members, but only to buy virtual gifts? I wrote them an email and told them to take their virtual coins and shove them up their virtual ass. The site is a scam. Avoid at all costs.

6/23/14

Horrible site! Frustrate as all get out...stay away!!!Save your money...Match.com way more user friendly! They also have STIR events and get together...go with Match!

6/23/14

Disappointing.
Costly, plus additional charging.
Questionable replies.
Had photo removed, as it showed a shoulder, and barely visible area of stomach.
Verdict, in my opinion, a complete waste of time and money.

6/22/14

Zoosk rips you off by making you buy coins after you pay for subscription. They hide that fact embedded down in their hyperlinks. When you play carousel to earn coins they take that away after a short while. Even earning coins to contact people you don't get to see their full profile beforehand-just a pic. Terrible site!!!
Here's their hidden info: ZOOSK COINS
In our sole discretion, we may offer you the opportunity to obtain and redeem Zoosk Coins for use with our Services. We may charge fees for the right to use Zoosk Coins, or we may distribute the Zoosk Coins without charge, each in our sole discretion. When you redeem Zoosk Coins, we will redeem Zoosk Coins that you have purchased before redeeming Zoosk Coins that you have obtained on a promotional basis, or otherwise without charge. We have no obligation to continue offering any feature or function through the Services, including any feature or function that enables the use or redemption of Zoosk Coins.

6/21/14

same story here fake messages fake replies etc etc. almost joined but balked at the activation fee so they offered to waive it , but i still declined.coincedentally after my refusal i started getting messages from numerous attractive girls out of the blue.

6/21/14

I am finding that the overwhelming negative reviews about this site are true. They incessantly lead you to believe that people are looking at you and are interested in you as a lure to get you to join or buy coins (I still don't get the purpose of coins). I believe that my deactivated account will now join the other "zombie" accounts that stay online for other rubes to view and have false hope. As a test, I tried to include in my description a suggestion to search for reviews on ZOOSK... almost immediately the addition was deleted from my profile... why don't they want people to read reviews on their service except for their own falsely positive ones?... obvious, isn't it.

6/20/14

I sure wish I had read this list of reviews before I spend any money on this crappy website. Within a few minutes I was very suspicious, and always reviews just confirms what I thought. What a piece of dung.

6/17/14

refused to except photo
said it was a picture of a picture??
it was taken with i phone & uploaded, i told them if they wouldn't except pic to refund money. they wouldn't.
3 days on & unable to return messages to interested parties.
its a scam!!!!

6/17/14

Worst dating site ever. It is basically extortion. It cost me $56.00+ for one month to try it. They charge an activation fee as well on top of the monthly fee. Then you cannot review mutual matches- you have to pay more to "unlock" them. The carousel is a joke- it shows only someones photo, will not let you read the profile, and then asks if you are interested in meeting them. The matches that they "pick" for you are usually nothing like someone you would be interested in. If you are not a member, you cannot respond to messages. That is what sucked me into the one month most expensive dating site trial of my life. Awful, horrendous, just a money maker for Zoosk. I would recommend this site to no one....

6/15/14

Zoosk is fake from start to finish-i intend to challenge them legally.A friend of mine discovered his face on there-he doesnt use it-His home town was listed as miles and miles away and his birthday was fabricated.no one can reply to your message because they are all fake-they steal profiles from facebook,which is where they started as an app.Stay well clear of this site

6/15/14

I should have checked out the reviews of this site before I subscribed to it.... My story sounds like everyone else's here... They charge you to join and communicate with one another. But then they also want to charge you for every text that someone sends to you... That or they encourage you to submit to one of their junk sites either buy something to gain points... Which in turn takes over a month for it to apply towards your points... The survey questionnaire's are ridiculous they repeat some of the same questions over and over in different ways... Which is very strange...

6/11/14

Huge ripoff. Insanely stupid design. It sends out fake replies to Winks, misleading you to think the person actually responded. You can turn this feature off if you know it exists and search for the way to do it. Then, you have buy "coins" in order to actually connect with anyone. Horrible. Worst experience ever. Stay away.

6/9/14

This site sucks. Its a total rip off. Application fee? Didn't know I was applying for a credit card? Are you kidding me? And then there's the coins....what a joke. Even after you pay for the subscription AND the "application fee" you still have to purchase coins to unlock potential matches....THE WORST DATING SITE EVER!!!
Don't waste your time or your money.

6/7/14

When I first joined Zoosk, they failed to mention the $24.95 actuation fee. After I didn't finish payment they sent an email forgoing this fee.
As I started winking at the ladies, I noticed that two ladies gave the same return answers and two others also gave the same answers. To me this means that some type of computer answered my winks, not the ladies themselves.
I believe this is FRAUD.

6/5/14

They don't tell you how much it really cost, the carousels are a rip off. I was playing carousels daily and getting 40 free coins, then zoosk upgraded me and stopped the ability to get free carousels. They send messages on my behalf without my permission, and several people send me similar messages that indicate the same person wrote it. I deactivated my account and took down my pictures and my profile was still receiving messages like, "Hey Beautiful." Long story short, avoid certain dating sites, check out reviews before you sign up.

6/5/14

boobs flying off the page. i try a sleeveless shirt and its not appropriate!!!
ADMINISTRATIVELY BLOCKED without a singe reason given EVEN WHEN ASKED FOR. THE " VIEWS" are horsecrap. they are self perpetuating. if you breeze past someones picture..its a view they are told of, whether you went to read their profile or not, and then...when THEY LOOK AT YOU as SOMEONE WHO "VIEWED" them, you get a "VIEW" back. do NOT waste YOUR f ING time. Take the self perpetuating monthly fee and hidden SIGN UP CHARGE and go get blasted at a bar and screw whoever looks good by the end of the night. money well spent.

5/28/14

I joined Zoosk because it said it was a free dating website. Sure it's free to post, but once someone contacts you in order to read the message you have to pay a whopping $29. a month or $89. for 3 months. OK -- someone interesting looking wrote me so I paid up! Low and behold I start getting TONS of EMAILS everytime someone sorts through and looks at me. OK... I'm sure there's a way to turn that off... but the ultimate RIP OFF is the have a carousel for looking at pictures, and if someone likes me, and says they're interested, you have to BUY COINS -- andother huge expense!!! ZOOSK is a total rip off, and an annoying website that mixes everyone together so half the people you look at in the carousel are out of state. At first you can earn coins by using the carousel, so if there's mutual interest you can use the earned coins to see their profile. Soon after, you can only earn coins by signing up for paid products. ZOOSK is an unbelievable RIP OFF. If you want fee dating, that's truly free (upgrades available) join POF or OK Cupid, you will not be happy if you pay for a Zoosk membership!

5/28/14

Beware! I have only been on this site for 3 weeks and was provided with very few profiles in my area. Lots of NY so I decided to reach out to a NY guy who seemed interesting. Was texting with him and he said he had been robbed at gunpoint and needed me to send him $ to get him out if a jam. I immediately blocked him from my phone and from the website and immediately reported the scam to zoosk. Was informed that this occasionally occurs and that this person is more than likely in another country trying to pull off this scam. What kind of protection to the public is this? What a waste of time and $. These sites are exploiting people through their emotions. I'm hoping that a smart attorney will institute a class action suit to protect all of us in the future.

5/23/14

Zero, negative, negative rating. STAY AWAY FROM ZOOSK.
I am compelled to share my recent experience on Zoosk. Zoosk now blocked my access because I sent messages to several women who did not respond to my initial message -asking if they were real. I guess Zoosk didn't like my message.

I searched for a reputable dating website for my son who recently graduated from medical school and is beginning an internship with UCLA because he has been so busy with med school and had so little time for social activities.

I found some attractive and educated women on the Zoosk site that I recommended to him. There have been no responses for 10 days after he sent messages to a dozen women. I began to wonder if these women were real and actually exist. I did some research about this site and found reviews that seemed to confirm my suspicion. Mind you, albeit I am his mother, he is a good looking young man with an impressive resume.

We wasted time and money ($29.99). Thank Buddha it was only for a one month subscription!

This dating website fraudulent is a shill and lures people with fake profiles and responses. Buyer BEWARE of this website!

5/21/14

THIS SITE IS HORRIBLE from many aspects. 1. Fake profiles. 2. Horrible Customer service. 3. Female members were not attractive to me at all. In my opinion they were desperate. 4. Bad quality all together. BE WARNED!!!!!

5/21/14

I just cancelled my one month subsciption. This site is very objective, starting with the fact that you can waive the subscription fee by just cancelling the first attempt and waiting for the follow up email reeling you back in. So I went for it; signed up for one month and I'm not impressed at all.
The supposed view list is fraudulent as far as people actually ATTEMPTING to view your profile. You have to go through a list when you search profile; in doing this, zoosk sends a notification to all the profiles you cljcked through telling them you viewed their profile...but this is an unavoidable feature on the site.
I cancelled for two reasons:
1.) Zoosk was matching me up with guys that were at least 400 miles away from me that claimed to be in love(in addition to a second email basically stating the same feelings from another guy within miles from the first one).
2.) Very deceptive. You will get views from guys that look great, but you will get contacted every two seconds from bums in your local area. You will see through all the glam in no time...took me 3 days.

5/21/14

I joined and used pay pal to make the purchase. As I clicked OK to pay a second charge appeared which said something like membership set up fee and it cost as much as the monthly charge itself. A friend of mine told me she paid with a credit card and when the second membership setup fee showed up she clicked cancel. The site then offered to wave the set up fee. This site's computer program is terrible and requires the use of several separate pages to get the info on matches. The site will also tell you a person is on line when in fact they signed off over a half hour earlier! I would not recommend this site even to my ex !!

Apprentice Reviewer
5/17/14

I joined to see how the website was. Don't trust this site. It will suck you in to spend money. You might get a fake person. It has free messenger for text and video chat. It is hard to say if you will find anyone.

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber