US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 16 reviews)

jasonb120

Yea if I wanted to search for people online in Hawaii I wouldn't live in F**king Arkansas. (in 137 reviews)

nancyt10

You DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR COINS to open up matches, or to check to see if someone has read your message. (in 154 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kendras6
1/25/15

It's very hard to narrow the search to people in my area, and I am not willing to relocate. Messages come in from many miles away and the responses to my profile picture and about myself were overwhelming. There should be a better way to only allow messages and chats to come from people within a specified distance of me. But I did find a man I like within forty miles anyway so yay!

albac1
1/24/15

It was great meeting the love of my life. But there are some pretty creepy people out there. Just be sure the person you talk to is legit! Video chat and talk about each others interests so you can see if there's a connection between you two.

Tip for consumers: If you find interest in someone be sure to video chat! It'll make things feel less awkward when you finally meet in person! :) Be sure to be careful people you talk to. And please make sure the person you talk to has good intentions.

rexw12
1/24/15

this site sucks, bunch of nazis looking everything over to make sure you are blocked from contacting or being contacted by anyone who likes you without paying a hefty price other sites allow for free. The outta call the black hole the "Pay per message" site. And did I mention they review everything you write and strike it if it contains anything that looks like contact info even it's not. Don't bother taking a second of your valuable time to set up a profile because unless you pay a lot you can't even talk to anyone. This frikkin' site is complete BULL$#*!. And did I mention this site really really sucks.

Tip for consumers: don't even go there

mikem230
1/22/15

I think I can be wise but I fell for Zoosk. It is a scam. I signed up for 6 months with email address password and paid by PayPal. I mentioned in my profile that I "was not into Facebook or Apple club" and this statement was "edited=removed " by the reviewer. I have noticed that many pictures could not match the age declared by many "members" (i.e. too young too old etc.) and may sound somehow false. I believe that many profiles are fakes. However, in my 3 day after I paid the subscription, it be came impossible for me to message other members or open messages that I had received (as I was notified via Email). To do that I was to "authenticate" that I was a real person by providing my Facebook account or my Cellphone number. I believe that not allowing me to access my account is a breach of contract. There are other ways to verify my "real person" status; by email or "captcha" or answered questions, for example. I should not be forced to disclose more private information. In the terms & conditions; Zoosk request the right of use of all that you uploaded on their site and, the right to share information about you with their "business partners". This give then an enormous collection of data on private information regarding their subscribers. The images, email address, correspondence, phone number (for SMS marketing-tagging) and your Facebook activities info etc. The REAL purpose of this site is to collect and gather information on citizens so that they can use or sell to their "business" partners - whoever these partners are or may be in the future. Their purposes may be exploitative commercial or others kinds that we do not know. You may call it conspiracy paranoia IF - and only IF- you are able to prove that this is not possible to to be so.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away From This Site and BTW there are many sites- and Apps that troll the same activities.

mimim8
1/19/15

I haven't used the service, but the commercial alone depicts a man so snarky and slimy, I wouldn't use the service just on principle. He just got out of one woman's bed, after having a great time, from what I can see. Before the first woman even has time to brush her teeth, he leaves her apartment and sees a woman in a coffee shop on the way home. Drawing on his extensive background training in Snagging Every Woman He Sees, he is sure she must be The One, not The One he just left. She believes its 'true love' and waxes philosophical about it. Gross.

krsytleg
1/18/15

i met someone once on here turned out wasnt what i wanted in him and but now met someone that is perfect

Tip for consumers: Find someone that it worth it

nickd32
1/13/15

My suggestions and thoughts: i think its absolutely that this app is free to download and then cost money to use. That they're isnt really a trial to try it out. You can't actually test it out to find out if you like it or not. You cant message anyone, try any of the features. Nothing.... absolutely nothing unless you pay for the site. This is not a good marketing skill. I'm very disappointed in Zoosk all together. It's very unprofessional to such advertisement and make it sound great and then rip the welcone matt as soon as the application is downloaded. Can i afford to pay for it; yes. Absolutely, but I'm not likely to subscribe if they're isn't even a way for me to find out wheither i like it first or not. For me to pay for it and then find that it isn't something I'm interested in and then disputing the situation with your company would be a waste of time and energy on the the customers part. You should advertise that Zoosk is not a free site. That you do have to have a membership in order to do anything on the application or else it is useless. Honestly i believe that the google play store should enforce situations like this so that the customer has to pay up front in order to even download your application. At that point then you will find out how many downloads you won't recieve, and for the ones that do... you will just have another dirty way to dig into that persons pocket and win some more free money towards your company. From there you might actually be willing to hire someone who is not lacking the professionalism it takes to say what you doing is completely redundant and just plain out stupid. What you are really doing is just getting your ratings up by letting people download the application and then it show that number on the view of it on the play store. Not how many of those downloads are actually using your site. Not impressed at all. I find it very irritating and it pisses me off that your company is framed and structured this way. Someone on that end is not very intelligent. . So since you wasted my time once more asking me for my review which you honestly couldn't give a damn about... other than letting me download this application and then trying to use it. I'll do you one more. I'm going to coppy and paste this E-mail. Post it to google review, Facebook, Twitter, anyplace that has zoosk attached and let people know that this is not the way to get they're attention and they shouldnt download it. See what im doing right now is venting becuase I'm a pissed off American who like to practice they're freedom of speech by giving my opinion. No I'm not an application critic. I'm just a guy

Tip for consumers: I strongly recommend not using this site

garyt32
1/13/15

I subscribed to three dating services and zoosk provided the widest selection of potential partners then the other two combined.. The service was easy to use and the responses were plentiful .. I recommend zoosk over all others!

rjd
1/11/15

Tryed it out. Not one person chatted. Plenty of girls looking but no hits.
Not even a conversation. I think the site is purposely making you think your getting interests, but its just the guys at zoosk pushing buttons on behalf of members.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. Go to Plenty of Fish.
I made connections there. Good site snd cheaper than zoosk.

robertl110
1/11/15

ZOOSK DOUBLE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD......NOW THEY WONT ANSWER THE PHONE. OR RESPONDTO MY EMAILS.....I HAD OT CANCEL MY CARD....THEY HAVE THE COMPUTER RESPOND TO YOU AS IF IT WERE ONE OF THE PEOPLE YOU WERE INTRESTED IN TO GET YOU BELIEVING THAT SOMEONE WANTED TO TALK TO YOU.

herbm1
1/9/15

Zoos is a money making rip off.
While it pretends to introduce a "free" member to potential matches it;
Requires multiple steps to repeat their, zoosk, name
Has many steps to all end in "subscribe" without which/NO CONTACT
It wastes more of a client's time then any other site
It completely disregards your parameters for searches, further wasting your time
Most accessible items end in "subscribe", including messages which you express interest
They fill your email with responses you cannot answer, unless you "subscribe"
They send you "picks", which do NOT follow your selection parameters, each of which again have multiple steps which end in alternate selections your time means nothing to them

Tip for consumers: DON'T, its a rip off of your time and money

avaw4
1/8/15

I would not recommend Zoosk. There are several reasons why. When I 1st signed up for Zoosk, I was not a paid member, so I couldn't reply or respond to men. After several months of receiving 5-10 daily text msgs informing me of my msgs and my being unable to read them....curiosity got the best of me...so I relented and paid for a 1 month membership. From that day 3 weeks ago I have had EXTREME dissappointment.
1st of all after paying the fee and clicking to read my msgs..I found it odd that most all of them were just winks with no thought out human msg. When I replied back, I got the exact same replies " thanking me for responding and asking me to read their profiles (which I did before responding) and then leaving a msg. It's like the profiles are fake just to get me desparate enough to pay to read nothing. Even when I search the site and leave a msg I still just get a wink and that stupid thank you msg.
To make matters even worse, now that I have paid, I have received only 4 msgs in 3 weeks...compared to receiving 2x' s that in a day prior to paying.

samanthar19
1/5/15

This site was ok. You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. Don't waste a wink, because it counts as a message. There are a lot of fake profiles, which you will notice. And when I had started the account, I noticed you had the option of looking for a partner, while having your relationship as married or taken or whatever. I felt as if the site encouraged adultery.

Once I had met someone, I went on to deactivate my profile, but it wouldn't allow me to from my phone. So a year and 3 months later, I went online and got to deactivate it. It's an okay site I suppose, but they need to make sure they aren't serving as an outlet for cheaters to do their business. They need to investigate a little more.

Oh, also, it doesn't save your old messages, so I couldn't go back and find the message that I had originally sent to the love of my life and I was slightly disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Watch out for others on this site. You may be in a committed relationship just to find out that they have still been searching.

bellas10
1/3/15

There are a lot of fake people and those soliciting for money and/or sex or free nude pictures/sexting on this site. HOWEVER, there are also some really great people like the man that I met who genuinely are looking for something lasting and valuable so in that end sorting through the garbage was worth finding the diamond. The annoying thing with zoosk though was that I downloaded the messenger on my computer and it kept me logged in so people thought I was on all the time and when I was trying to talk to one person I couldn't shut off or temp stop all the other constant message boxes from popping up. That could be fixed like facebook where you can disable it for however and only allow one person or have the option of excluding one person or more. That would be a HUGE improvement. Also, a better way or spot to list some of your 'favorites' like music ect without the facebook connection would have been nice.

jessr18
12/31/14

It's crap that you have to "subscribe" to be able to see a message sent to you, the same for wanting to reply.

I was THIS close to subscribing for a one month thing. I had "gotten" a few messages from some matches that seemed promising and I was curious about what they had said in the messages. I had put in my credit card info and hit subscribe and THEN.... " + one time subscription fee." That costs $25!!! So aside from the 20 I was willing to pay just to try out the full application I would have to pay $45 total. That is just bull.

This app/website is definitely a ripoff. It makes me rethink if those were actual messages or just spam created by them. Deleting account.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this. Just go to another app/website that is free. Okcupid!

yvonneb12
12/31/14

My name is Yvonne Long Username BonBon and I was on Zoosk for a couple of months and went out on a few dates but when I met Mitch Billington his user name was Irand6800 on here we just clicked from the first phone call to the first visit. I was living in South bend Ind. and he lived in Lansing, Mich but we made it work with the distance and all he came and see me every weekend and I went to visit him in Lansing..August 1,2014 we got married and I now live in Lansing with him. Meeting my husband was the best thing thing that could of ever happened to me, Just for us to find out threw our talks that we have been looking for each other for years he is my Soulmate and I just want to thank Zoosk for making it happen.

brucet21
12/30/14

first of all, if you are a a paying member, you only trade messages with other paying members, and I can tell you that very women pay to be on there.

Second, up to about 4 months ago, they allowed non-paying members to send one message free to another non-paying member; they stopped that

Third,They used to require 20 coins to open a profile that likes you, now its 30 coins.

Fourth, THEY CENSOR WHAT YOU WRITE IF they think you are "trying to pass contact information" in your profile, or , make any criticism of them..i know these items as a matter of fact, from my experience

They can be reached by phone, at least they were 3 months ago.

I assume most of the people on there are real, but since hardly anybody pays, whats the point?

All you can do is send winks or add "likes".

This is not just bad, it's the most juvenile, non-professional approach to dating that I have ever seen.

I hope someone from Zoos reads this;I men as constructive criticism but I doubt they will take it that way how the hell do hey make any money?

Tip for consumers: realize how hard it is to connect with anyone

moo255
12/29/14

I've been on Zoosk for 5 months as a paying member. As a whole I find the site quite juvenile. My biggest complaint is that there are no instructions to help you understand exactly how the different features work. As others have said Zoosk matches you with their parameters. Yes you can do an advanced search using your own criteria, but find it's the same people (men in my case) Most of my "Smart Picks" have been 10 years older than me. Not what I'm looking for... The "carousel" simply gives you a photo, an age and a location. I guess this is their answer to Tinder. Also if you look at who viewed you, it indicates to them that you have viewed them. Not so, but have gotten creepy responses from men who think I'm interested. Note, if you have sent 6 messages and the other person has not responded, they are not interested in you!!!!!! I have met 2 great guys, one I am now friends with (we didn't work as a couple) and another who is great but 100 miles apart. I'm sorry for those of you that have had to deal with scammers...they really suck. But they also fish on the free sites. That being said I'm not renewing my membership and will try elsewhere! Good Luck everybody!!!!

lorir24
12/27/14

I would have to admit that at first the website was really overwhelming and I would like to say that there is a lot of single people out there. I did however look for someone that I was at least compatible with by way of the way we think, our occupations and our conversations.

I did not go with just looks this time and I am so glad that I didn't, I met the most amazing man. I could have not created such a perfect person for me. thanks Zoosk.

debral13
12/26/14

Site uses profiles that are old... a man that I met from zoosk almost 7 years ago... passed away 3 years ago... and his picture still appears in carousel.... sad... and disturbing that they show users that have not been active for years... scam for sure!

humbertop8
12/26/14

Zooks is a scam the ladies that you try to contact never answer not because you are poor loking guy, is because they never see your message unless you pay some "coins"
the web site behave more than a human traffic org.

Tip for consumers: don't renew your membership, is a waste of time,

dawnw19
12/23/14

they keep charging me even though I only accepted the terms for one month. I'm going to file a complaint with paypal and the BBB.

Tip for consumers: Watch your money.

wisern
12/23/14

This is the worst online dating site I've used. Doesn't really allow you to search with differing criteria, never once has a " Smart Match" responded to me. The matches also seem a little too good to be true and these factors both lead me to believe they are bogus profiles. The carousel feature allows you to flip thru pics but does not allow you to read the profile so you really are just judging by the person's primary photo. Once you both say you are interested in each other ( or is it the computer program?) you are supposed to spend coins to open the match. again, no one has ever done opened the match and when I have there is always some incompatibility in features I have deselected like smoker, never married…. The guys I have communicated with all agree this site sucks. Also, there is a feature which tells you how popular you are- guess what? its always set on low and you can " buy" an increase in popularity. This site seems like it was designed by bullying middle schoolers.

Tip for consumers: try another site!

jimc91
12/23/14

I have been on the site for quite a while. There are quite a few women on there in my area and have alot of women look at my profile but yet no one will reply to messages. I am a decent looking guy so I don't know what the hell I am doing wrong. You would think how the woman thinks she looks she would at a minimum chat with a guy. After all, you are on a dating site the same as I am so you must not be as perfect as you think. I know I might not have the smooth way of talking to women but Jesus! It gives me the impression that they are looking for the perfect looking guy. I tell you ladies, the perfect guy or woman don't need a dating site! Maybe if I put my bank account info on there I would have got at least a hello lol

Tip for consumers: Women cry about the fake pictures guys put on the site, if you put your real photo on there good luck to you lol

markt68
12/20/14

Some people aren't as rich in cash as they would like to be. Zoosk used to advertise as a free dating service, but it's far from being free.

claireb32
12/18/14

Can i ask some people what did they do about zoosk when you didnt get a response from zoosk when you wanted to cancel.???? I do not use the site anymore.

I have writen to them a few times brut no response. I did a subscription on it and now i have forgotten my password and username and they havent got back to me.

please help.

Tip for consumers: Please do not subscribe to this site you will not get a reponse from customers service.

lynnes9
12/17/14

Creepy.Ugly.Ignore your your preferences. Blocked my account.without notifying me or explaining..I can not sign in.to remove my profile. All.they do is send me "Welcome to Zoosk".when I shoot them an email requestng my profile b removed.what a joke..Don't bother yourself..

Tip for consumers: Skip skip skip

christianw22
12/17/14

I have used Zoosk for some time (6 months +) with very mixed results. I have met a few people, chatted with a few and passed over quite a few. The site is overall very expensive, there are very few educated, single men and it can be quite difficult to meet someone who wants to be in a long term relationship.

Tip for consumers: If you are just looking for hook-ups and the occasional person to chat with, you might get some value from Zoosk,

franklint3
12/16/14

Hello everyone,

I recently joined Zoosk online dating website and feel I should let those who are interested know what things to look for and what not. Hopefully this will help you determine if you should join. First of all is not a bad website, is clean, easy to use and simple., However when I was checking it out I noticed on some of the likes I went through I would get an instant reply with a message. Excited enough I joined thinking it was an actual message lol Anyways I decided to give it a try to find out it was only an automatic reply some members have set whenever you wink at them. For me it is a big turn down because I would expect an actual answer or a simple silent. I just feel this is deceiving in a way to recruit members. Also be aware there are scams and fake profiles that would send you messages. My personal experience and don't take my word for it. There could be profiles made only to recruit. Another thing you should know the website is very bold about making you spend as much as they can. They have features like coins that are very expensive just for sending gifts that are only icons. Overall just be aware that is not as simple as it looks and is really expensive in my opinion. However if you don't care for expensives & simply want to find a date. Is not a bad website. This is only based on my experience & we all have different luck. Enjoy & hope this can help.

Tip for consumers: Beware of fake profiles & payment.

jamesb185
12/16/14

Absolute waste of money! I signed up for a month and had a horrible experience. No hot chicks, poor search functionality using IE11 on a Surface Pro 3 (the page would often freeze) I see no extra value provided for paying these guys my $$$ when I get hotties on other sites fore free!!!

Tip for consumers: Stick to free sites such as POF or Tinder.

tonyg39
12/10/14

Why is it your star picks are the real beauties and why should you buy coins .if you have joined ??? I'm thinking rip off .its a site that works to stroke your ego with no end result ....rant over

Tip for consumers: Dont

andrews115
12/9/14

their are so many scammers on zoosk, so many people pretending to be someone they are not that always end up wanting to rush into a relationship before you even meet and then asking for money before you meet aswell. I would not recommend zoosk to anyone, I feel as though I got lucky with the person I found but I had to go through a lot of bull$#*! first, bull$#*! that I didn't have with other dating sites like match and e harmony.

Tip for consumers: take your time, meet the person and get to know them before committing to anything with them. don't use zoosk, it costs more than match or any other dating site and has signifigantly more scammers.

wernerk5
12/9/14

Terrible rip off site. They send you messages supposedly from other subscribers, but the profiles for those subscribers have already been deleted when you do respond. They just make $#*! up out of thin air.

They should definitely be investigated by the FBI, since they are using the Internet to commit fraud they are guilty of Wire Fraud.

Title 18 of the US Code § 1343 says:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

Tip for consumers: Run for your Life! Do not give them any personal information or money!

christineb42
12/9/14

This was my first try at online dating. Zoosk is a horrible website. They say they verify the people on this site but that isn't true. I started "talking" to someone through Zoosk who had an accent and when I questioned him he said he traveled between Europe & the States all the time since he was a kid but was born in Europe...never ever naming an actual country. He also stalled meeting me because he was trying to get a new jewelry business started. I was suspicious and decided to ride this out....well he finally got the call from his contacts in the UK and a company in Dubai wanted him to open up a store here in the States. He quickly jumped on a plane to NY and then next day he was in Dubai; texting and emailing me. Of course there was a terrible accident getting off the plane in Dubai and he needed a new cell phone and laptop and could I send him one so he could get home; he needed all his contacts. He assured me that when he got back to the States we would finally meet and then he would reimburse me by expenses. REALLY! When I refused to send him anything he got angry and tried to blame me for not 'being there' for him when he needed me the most. His call came from an exchange that is common in Ghana. I called Zoosk to complain about this scammer and they said yes it sounded like a scam so I inquired about how they verified any of his profile and never got an answer. BE CAREFUL THIS IS AN AWFUL WEBISTE AND I CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION IMMEDIATELY.

Tip for consumers: Not worth the money at all; you have to buy "coins" if you want to talk to anyone that is on the carousel; it's just a gimmick to get you to spend more money. Very disappointed with the overall experience.

dianeh23
12/8/14

Watch out there are scammers out there. They are not who they say there are. Men with thick acents mostly African. will declare they are your soul mate. Will not tell you about them selves. women are loosing there money and lives. Alert for ROBERTS JAMES FOSKEY AND ERIC WEISER. DON'T TALK TO THEM ITS A SCAM. If you let them call you it will be hard to here as the phone is routed from somewhere else. don't get sucked in.

Tip for consumers: watch out for scammers.

laurat33
12/7/14

I met my Wife on Zoosk. We have been together 2yrs and enjoying our life. At first I was hesitant. I mean every woman wonders if its safe, will I really find someone, what if????!!
I went through the same list, but I decided that none of that non-sense was going to keep me from finding love and happiness with someone special!!! And the she was...like double cherry pie. We started our West coast East coast introductions. As time scooted by we found our selves and each other, contrary to what people say, we fell in love. Since that time I made the move to Florida from California. We just bought a house and plan on getting married in the Spring to come. Life does have its "Just Rewards", and we are both living proof .

Tip for consumers: Be patient, get to know someone. Be honest, and share your dreams with them. See if you can connect emotionally before physically. Truly it will happen, if you just take your time.

glynisw1
12/5/14

I was on harmoy and didn't like it. Zoosk is great. I can filter based on what I'm looking for in age, education.... but have acess to almost endless pictures to look through, along with profiles. Physical attraction is so important! The process was great. I used the compatibility profile a lot. I looked and compared answers before I started talking to anyone. What I learned is not to spend too much time messaging and just get out there and meet them. Some of the people I thought I'd really like, I didn't like at all. You just never know till you meet them The guy I ended up with was one that I wasnt sure about in the beginning, but his personality profile and photos were perfect. Turns out, he was just perfect in person too- and that;s what really matters:)

Tip for consumers: Be selective about who you spend your time messaging. Use the compatability profile to compare answers and then asap meet them in person.

greggt3
12/2/14

Eats it. Did Match twice; far more worth it than Zoosk.
Sends you false views, sends you false interested. As far as I can tell; a complete scam site. Sucks to have wasted over $70 for 6 months. Oh well; should have spent the money on scratch off's. By the way; been on less than 3 weeks and absolutely regret it.
Don't bother filling geographic or attraction preferences, they don't bother filling it out unless you like exercises in fruitlessness.

Tip for consumers: Avoid it.

marcuso4
12/1/14

Hello my name is Marcus Owens , I've never gave review of this sort before , but three years ago I had move from mi to atl and bored out of my mind one day and jump on the inter net at the moment in my life I did not know where I wanted to be or was going , surely not what was ahead for me somehow someway I end up on the dating site zooks

keithl27
12/1/14

I have been on many sites. I did meet someone but after that...this site sucks. The game here is lots of women kept "viewing" me. I'm not conceited but I have never had to work so hard for a date as on this site. Also, Tinder. I tried that site as well. I actually chose every person on each site. No responses. One monster of a girl wrote me and said Happy Thanksgiving. I responded the same. No response. If she got a date with me it would have been a miracle. She was a monster and most likely a fat guy in reality. To play the Zoosk game, get a 6-month for $59. Then choose every girl you see. You do this for two reasons, it increases your popularity and keeps your pic avail to the real girls on the site. Don't ever pay for coins. Just get your 40 coins a day and every few days use them to boost your popularity so your pic shows more often. The are in there. Just have good pics of yourself and be patient. Just don't give the fake chicks on zoosk that say they want you to contact them. They most likely are guys. Wait til a real girl writes you then move forward on that. Screw the coin scam on Zoosk.

Tip for consumers: Dont pay for coins. Like everyone to boost your popularity so your pic shows more often.

shannonj7
11/30/14

i signed up for th free membrship. thank god, i didnt have the money to sign up. within a few hours i got 2 texts, yes TEXTS, from numbers with different area codes. i looked them up. one was in California the other was in Texas. I knew that this was not an option given to potential members so i just went with it. The original text from" Cali" was a courteous "how are you doing today? my name is jordan. i noticed your profile. i think you are very pretty". i responded, "well thank you. what is your username so i can look at your profile picture. i would like to see if you are as cute as you seem". no answer to that. ignored. piqued my interest. So i changed the subject matter and decided to ask about living in California. he said, "I dont live in california" i said, "your area code says California". he text back, "i moved from Cali to Atlanta to stay with my AUNT after i lost my parents AND siblings" so i asked of course how did he lose them?(what he text me was like wtf?) He said "they walked out the door and never came back 10 YEARS ago." well i suspected it as a scam before. now i knew it was. I just kept it going. "omg really? nobody went looking for them or anything? Thats so sad. How old were you when all of this happened?" clearly i was looking for an inconsistancy-i found it. "i was 18." so i said, "you were grown whrn this happened? why did you have to move to Atlanta to stay with your aunt if you were a grown man?" "what do you mean my darling?" so i pointed out that he had told me that he was 18 when all this "happened" to his family. That would make him 28 today. he said that i must have misunderstood. So i told him again that i wanted his username si could look him up on the site. he said i didnt need it. I said give it to me or leave me alone. he gave me some random name. theres no feature that lets you search by username(he shouldve known that). I gave him some relief when i told him that there was a username on there similar to the one he gave me. I wasnt ready to bail on this scammimg of the scammer. i apologized saying that there were alot of scammers out there and I didnt want to get taken advantage of. He said he understood. So he said "tell me about you. i already know you are very pretty". i went into this big bullcrap story about how i was separated from my businessman husband. that we had finally hammered out visitation of the kids and were now separating our copious amounts of finances, accounts and property. "is your husband very wealthy? very influential?" i told him that yes, indeed he is. i told him that the only property and money that was going to be separated was what was aquired after the wedding since there was a pre-nup. he asked me what i did for a living. I said" i dont work. I was a wife". never heard from him again. i still dont know how he got my phone number.

Tip for consumers: its a scam. too bad too. there was a guy on there that i had my eye on and he began to notice me but i couldnt send him a message. and if he sent me one i couldnt get it either.

pipp78
11/30/14

It is the biggest lie in all the dating websites... they literally stole ~$60 from me... first month by sending fake and random messages on behalf of users so I subscribed to read them and the messages were like "message me to see if we are match" ... I subscribed for a month... then they charged me for the second month!.. I canceled my account and will try to get my second month money back... and will I suggest eharmony if you wanna pay or POF for free...

Tip for consumers: Don't use it... there are much better websites

jordanw16
11/28/14

This site is the biggest scam do not give theses people your money it's nothing but fake profiles made by zoosk theay down load random pics of good looking girls from the internet and make a fake profile with there pic so when u get a message u think Someone is interested in u who might be way out of your league you try to message them back and get no response or they will message u back telling u to contact them and that's it by far the biggest scam don't fall for it like I did they will sucker u in to singing up by making u think girls are trying to message u be cause singing up is the only way u can read them also don listen to fake reviews saying how good of a site it is cause there lieing

Tip for consumers: Don't use it if u do u will regret it

guyg12
11/27/14

zoosk is the WORST online dating site I have encountered! I initially began to test the waters as a non-subscriber (free) without uploading photo, but completed the basic profile questionnaires; I immediately started receiving lots of chat requests, but zoosk would not allow me to reply or send messages because I was not a member. Okay, then I paid $75 for a 6-month membership, and they still would not allow me to respond/reply, or send messages to other members because I had not uploaded a photo. Okay, then I upload a full body photo of myself with sunglasses on, but my face is completely visible. They still would NOT ALLOW me to reply or send messages to members stating I have to "verify" (authenticate) my photo by submitting a "video" of myself to prove I look exactly as I appear in my uploaded picture! Okay, now I have really run out of patience, and I am FURIOUS with anger, and will have to report to my bank to replace my credit card because as agreed in my zoosk membership they will automatically renew my membership and will charge my credit card again after 5 months. I WILL NOT let an online/Internet dating site have COMPLETE CONTROL OVER ME by making UNREASONABLE demands and FORCING ME to do this, to do that, to also sign-up on Facebook, so on and so on, and COMPROMISING MY PRIVACY!!!!!! Thanks but no thanks, zoosk in NOT FOR ME!!!!! There are plenty of other dating sites that do not order you around and make you their PUPPET!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this site folks! There are plenty of other online dating sites that do not force you to do things you feel uncomfortable with...

billp44
11/25/14

Zoosk is a scam 10 times over!!!

How the heck can they call this a dating site when you can't even exchange information with anyone.

karieo
11/23/14

It's to early to say but I am very smitten with who I met. We will have to see where things go from here but right now he is everything I have ever asked for in a man:) To be continued

nickm55
11/22/14

Tip for consumers: This is a joke !! if you want to waste your Time and money go ahead and join, they don't deserve any star

davidl150
11/20/14

One of the worst dating website ever. Expensive with hidden fees + need to pay more even to be seen by other members. Lots of fake profiles that will send auto reply messages making u think u have got real messages in. Stay away from this scam.

Tip for consumers: Turn around and look for another dating website.

laurac64
11/17/14

I initially liked the interface for this online dating site. But wow, it is the most expensive site ever with that so called "one-time activation fee"! No other site that I have found charges an activation fee. Well, this week I learned that the one-time activation fee is charged EVERY TIME you subscribe. I initially paid for a 3 month membership and I accepted the one time fee, ok. Then I took a 4 week break and stopped paying but kept my profile active on the site. This week when I went to subscribe for another month, they are charging me the ONE-TIME activation fee, again, 4 weeks later! What a ripoff, they now say it is a fee charged every time you subscribe...so why in the heck would you call it a ONE TIME activation fee?! So misleading to customers, actually outright lying! And what is worse is that you cannot find any mention of this activation fee and the rules around it in their terms and policies! I will not come back to this site, even if they waive the fee, because that is just so wrong, such a glaring online scam!

Tip for consumers: Beware of the so called ONE TIME activation fee. It is an EVERY TIME YOU SUBSCRIBE activation fee.

jeffl50
11/17/14

Zoosk is the first link in what has become a great tool for meeting people, with built in safety measures and profile preferences you can narrow your candidates access to only those of shared interests. My approach was simple, seek friends only. It takes the relationship pressure off, and it still allows for the possibility of love later on. it worked for me.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
clarkk
A: I want to know whether this site is any good or whether it is just a swindle.
4/5/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

7 Photos for Zoosk