US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellid1

People say they want to meet you, few follow through. (in 209 reviews)

teresaz1

Now, I am attracted to tall guys and that is made clear on my profile. (in 208 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 29 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

vaughnk7
7/6/15

Do you offer free weekends like Match and EHarmony? I just let my membership lapse and thought I'd try this site. I don't want anything permanent until I have more data

harrist4

Works

stevem183
7/6/15

Met Tami the love of my life on this site! Keep up the great work!

stephanies79
7/6/15

Thumbs down to Zoosk! How can a meaningful connection occur when it starts with a yes or no based only on appearance in one photo? Terrible, inhumane idea!

barrys32
7/6/15

after subscricption charge you find out a good percentage of the online profiles cant answer if you message them but you cant tell who is or is not paid up and coins you have to buy at added cost again a lot better sites than this one out there for sure

laurier13
7/5/15

Mark and I went on several dates, but this weekend we really connected! I'm getting off this site to see where we go from here!

Good luck everyone and never give up on finding love again!

lendak
7/5/15

i met incomplete on zoosk five months and we met and fell in love and marriied May 29 and are very happy. At last I met my soul mate.

allens35
7/4/15

Met someone on Zoosk that I ended up falling in love with!

davide76
7/4/15

I met someone special.... If it doesn't work out, I'll be back...

alexisc28
7/4/15

I met a very nice gentleman!

dannym43
7/4/15

Keep your $20.00 bucks a month....
Try'edit for 60 days....
1. 90% don't get back to you.
2. The 10 % that do..... 9 out of ten will say. Your not my what I'm seeking... Good luck.
The one that MAY start talking with you. Will ask you about MONEY. YOUR HOME. CAR..
Nothing about you..... G.D's looking for gold...
And WATCH OUT for the ones in the USSR.... All kinds of them......
'In English... Watch your a$$.....

maryz15
7/4/15

I read other reviews and its true they won't cancel your membership ... there is no option to do so with an expired membership. Customer service are idiots and no help.They do not answer direct and clear questions or requests. I had to call my credit card to have them refuse charges. My membership is up and my picture is down And I erased my profile story
I can't get rid of my demographics
......it won't let me. Isnt that interesting!!!!!! (Sarcasim) And I am still getting responses/messages(which I do' not read)!!! Obviously a scam and my pic may well be posted unknowingly. I am sure that is why I never got responses to notes etc. or rarely....there all old inactive profiles and pictures zoosk will not take down!!!!!!!!!!!! They are scams. I had one response say he was on the ocean in a city in MN....ha ha...busted.....there is NO ocean in Minnesota. And I know that city well. Folks don't waste your money! I tried them all. They are all all all scams.Truely. They are old expired profiles for the most part. Think about it that's how they make their money. They have total access to your profile and can do what they want and match you with who they want. Statistically your chances are no better than chance. When it's meant to be it will be. Your very lucky if it worked for you but 9 x out of 10 it won't. Note Justthelady4you is out of service. Membership expired! I will do better on my own And not waste hard earned money. Good luck to all. Hope you make the right choice

johnr230

great

michaelf117
7/2/15

Most of the people on this site do not even bother to answer letters (I didn't bother with those silly "flirts".) And good luck trying to leave, I had to go to my bank and have the nice lady there cancel the deduction from my checking account!

starchildb
7/2/15

I meet up with the most perfect person that im in love with and I've never bin happier before in my life. Thank you Zoosk. If all fails, Ill be back for more. But don't count on it. lol for reals. I Love Her.

geoffi

Met someone in 2 days. Worth it. Now we are married

marks250
7/2/15

First time on any site. My profile was honest and straight forward. Received numerous responses including Chat requests. Found some interesting profiles throughout the process
and enjoyed a few dates-some more than just once. About 3 months into my membership, I received a "Wink" and Chat request-which I didn't respond to until the following day. That evening we made our initial contact through emails and this continued for a couple of evenings (we were 60 mi. away). They were so intriguing that she shared her phone number with me so we could actually talk and hear our voices. Have not stopped talking on a daily basis since! First meeting (date) was a week after the first conversation and we have continued seeing each other on a weekly basis. Concluded it is now Exclusive and we anticipate Permanent! Old cliché...but it Only Takes ONE! (wink-wink)

christiane24
7/1/15

I signed onto Zoosk after being hounded by Facebook to join. So I made my profile. Could not upload my picture to their site no matter how often I tried. After awhile I got a response only to findout that the person is fake and somehow they got my credit card number. I have been going through a hassle with my credit card company ever since. Stay away from Zoosk and other online dating sites, they are scams, frauds and con artists

fd43
7/1/15

meet the love of my life

rodb19

success

bijanf
6/30/15

just joined it...there are a lot fake or old profile... do u have seen a woman take a self picture with an old Nokia cell phone! you will receive a lot of chat request from the person who never been online, and there is a message if u want to be sure that your message has been read, pay 35 coins...! what the $#*! they are who think that the customers are idiot!

jayd176
6/30/15

Thank you Zoosk very simply I've been looking for that girl to be my everything for a long time and thanks to you guys I've finally found her. I'm just proof that this site works. Never give up.

mollyp8
6/30/15

This site is ridiculous. They take $30 and then want you to buy more "coins", if you buy coins you become "popular". I am on the site now but once my month is up I am out of there. Very few respond; one guy had in his profile that he would be off the site on 5/25 and yet he was still on the site because Zoosk kept him on anyway. You are texting ghost for the most part. I have talked to a few guys but mostly I think they do not have a client base and use old customers that are no longer participating. Carousel is like the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

alving6
6/30/15

Just joined and can see straightaway that it is rubbish!!!!
You have to be dumb or dumber to use this site!!!
Thank $#*! it was only for a month!!!
Full of fake Profiles..... Avoid!!!!!!

kennethg21
6/30/15

I was on this site for a few months and I was messaged by one scammer after another. Some of the women have no shame, they won't even submit a presentable picture. If you go on Zoosk I'm warning you it's a zoo on there,lol.

toddc32
6/30/15

Very easy to navigate through picture & request. Not only did I find someone special & got laid 3 times !

rayc49
6/30/15

if you know what you are looking for, its here. zoosk isn't like those other sites where the woman pretend to be interested just to get you to sign up.

brendag26

Report all negative or illegal online issue including zoosk to www.ic3.gov

omrad
6/28/15

I deleted my Zoosk account some time ago. I went back on last night to learn that my profile was still up and viewable. (thank goodness I removed my picture and descriptions) but it explains when I felt such rejection- I would write men and they would not respond AT ALL., not a word. Every now and then I would get a communication with someone.
I called them today and told them to remove my profile from the site and the server. I am sure they will not.
BEWARE: there are profile up (lots of them) that the people in the picture don't even know your are writing them and they believe their profile is down.
SO WRONG

robertg112
6/28/15

who the hell or how in the hell do you contact to stop them from this ? even if you leave there site for good, they still steal your money. just want my money back

davidw233
6/27/15

There is a lot NOT to like about Zoosk. Like any singles site out there they have lots of pictures. But here is what is a rip off:

1. If you edit your profile and put something in there that they do not like - I simply told people when I was canceling so we could figure out alternative way to keep in contact, I got an email saying "You profile has been accepted with minor changes." Well, the :minor" change was to totally eliminate what I put in my profile ! They did this twice ! So, censorship is alive and well at Zoosk even though it did NOT violate their terms f agreement.

2. They have the "Carousel" which is a series of pictures of potential partners. You either say you are interested or not. Problem is all they will show you is the picture. No location, nothing that would indicate they would be a match for you. You have to get "tokens" to do this. Then once you say you want to meet that person it costs you 30 tokens to actually see their profile. I can honestly ell you that 99% of the people they sent me lived at least 75 miles away.

3. When I complained to Zoosk about censoring my profile, they cancelled my subscription ! They said I could still access my account for "free" although all I could do is see that people sent me messages. I could not rad anything or respond. Despite cancelling my membership when I looked at my account, they billed me for renewal for another month. When I wrote them complaining about charging me for a service they weren't providing me, they ignored my letter.

So, there are far better places to do business than Zoosk. To me their style of censorship and way of doing business, both when you have an issue with them, and taking you for a ride when actually using the site make this one of the worst online services !

traceyk7
6/26/15

I was surprise of how many men were in my area. I couldn't believe my choices. I will tell everyone I know that thinking a online dating Zoosk it the BEST!!

gregp29
6/25/15

Your site made it easy to find nice women with the same likes and dislikes that I have. Your whole process is better than any of the other sites I have been on.

jenniferv23

overall good

michaelp149
6/24/15

You pay up front 30.00 Dollors. Then you get nothing until you buy coins which is a whole gimmic. Please do yourself a favor DO NOT DO IT. Bad mistake. People like this should be prosecuted for how they do business. Never Again

prashants3
6/24/15

Has limited features, limited options. You cannot even filter what you are looking for, and when you go through all the options available, you end up not satisfied.
Customer service will convince you to continue, don't fall for it since you are not going to get your money back.

lorih28
6/23/15

After being a widow I didn't think I would find love again at 57! I started talking to Tom in February 2015 and we have been dating every since and are making plans for the future. I would recommend Zoosk to all my single friends! Great place to meet your next love and a great group of new friends!

elizabethj35
6/23/15

I am so in love. I'm so happy I chose Zoosk.com. I've known my boyfriend for a few months now, but it feels like a lifetime. We plan to travel in the US in the future.

wendyd21
6/22/15

Bearing in mind all the safety precautions that come with online dating, I found Zoosk to be easy to use and fun to review all my hits every day! I have met a very special man on this site and want to concentrate my time and energy getting to know him better.

rossyl3
6/21/15

I recommend this site to others

kawanac
6/21/15

Zoosk allowed me to meet a great person in 1 month, he is intelligent, hard working, sweet, compassionate. Everything I was looking for in a man. I had a few that I screened before I met him. He was the first and hopefully the last I will every have to meet again. Thank you Zoosk.

Tip for consumers: Screen for a month, see what is out there. Limit your search space.

conniee6
6/20/15

This was my first experience with joining a paid site and let me say that the free ones are better. You pay your fee and then you are supposed to collect "coins" to speak with people and you have to have 30. You go through "carousel" to collect these coins and are only allowed 40 a day. Let me say that carousel puts people randomly in there and you are supposed to say if you will date them. If you say "yes" or "maybe" you get a coin. You can also buy extra coins. Well, there is hardly anyone in the carousel that I am interested in.

GET THIS!!! One of the guys in carousel is actually a neighbor of mine. He NO LONGER has an account with Zoosk and they are still selling his profile. I emailed him about it. Well, I typed on my profile that "if you are seeing this profile after this date that it is fake". They keep removing my comment. Go figure!!! So I figure there are more fake profiles there. I will not renew.

melanier18
6/20/15

I read reviews of the best on-line dating sites for seniors. Match.com and zoosk.com are not specifically for seniors, but have such large user bases, they are considered our best bet. Zoosk has a system of paying to see matches with "coins". (This is after you have paid your membership fee.) It costs 30 coins to view the full profile of a match, and you are allowed to earn no more than 40 coins per day. You earn coins by playing "carousel". In carousel, you are shown a series of pictures and asked to rate them yes, no, or maybe. You earn a coin by answering yes or maybe. You cannot view profiles in carousel, just see pictures. For myself, I cannot rate a person without knowing at least where they live and some vital statistics.
Also, you are emailed a list of matches each day. If you say "no" to a match, that person keeps appearing in the daily email. If you don't like somebody one day, why would you like him the next day? I do not recommend zoosk.

hermanm34
6/19/15

worse dating site EVER ... complete SCAM :/

chaza1
6/18/15

This site is crazy expensive but does allow you to find singles in your area. I never paid for the full version but I was able to find someone in my town by using my real name as my username (not suggested), and so did the person I'm currently dating. We were able to meet after he found me on Facebook (you can't contact singles unless you pay so this worked out well). I'd suggest others to try this method if you don't want to pay and you feel safe using your real name; be sure to confirm through chatting on another social media site that anyone you're pursuing is a good person and not a serial killer as we're all afraid of on online dating!

misterb
6/18/15

Someone really need to jail those scammer I mean really... I spent a lot of money on this scam site, usually they lure you in with a fake message recieved by scam bots, and then you have to pay min. 29$ for 1 month subscription, payments are recurring automatically by default, scammers, fake profiles, limited to send 2 winks per day WTF?! Limited messages and stuff. It really is a nightmare and it needs to be shut down!

aquairusg
6/17/15

Zoosk has given me the opportunity to meet a compatible individual. So far it's going great. Thank you Zoosk for a real experience. Thank you zoosk for my new friend. I'm pleased.

foresth29

good it a good site

solarm
6/17/15

I made many connections, but, I only chose to go out with one because of her profile, values, and honesty. You can get through the games or myriad of reasons, and take it slow by getting to know someone outside of Zoosk. I started with FB, then graduated to texting, then phone calls. I put off dating her because I was in rebuild mode and didn't feel I was truly able to reinvest in another relationship. I told her this and she said she would rebuild with me... .I have never looked back since and we are a match made in heaven.. I got lucky I think and for that I am blessed!

Tip for consumers: I made many connections, but, I only chose to go out with one because of her profile, values, and honesty. You can get through the games or myriad of reasons, and take it slow by getting to know someone outside of Zoosk. I started with FB, then graduated to texting, then phone calls. I put off dating her because I was in rebuild mode and didn't feel I was truly able to reinvest in another relationship. I told her this and she said she would rebuild with me... .I have never looked back since and

cherim4
6/16/15

I enjoyed the site and met quite a few people but the one I've been searching for. I was going on one last date and then cancel and that date turned out to be Mr. Wonderful!! Thank You so much and keep up the great work! I will tell anyone that I found more success on your site than any other!!
Cheri Medina

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
Answer
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
4/4/15
Answer
donj23
A: They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk