US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 25 reviews)

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 16 reviews)

jasonb120

Yea if I wanted to search for people online in Hawaii I wouldn't live in F**king Arkansas. (in 148 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marks216
3/2/15

good luck to all that's on here

cheryly3
3/2/15

Alot of people just looking for a hook-up.

diannea6
3/2/15

Ridiculously silly to try to get around and meet anyone. More like an acrade game than a genuine meeting site.

Tip for consumers: WAY to expensive for what you get. paid 54.00 for one month. ( one time signup fee......right.......)

lynne-annp
3/2/15

Don't sign up its probably the worst dating site I have ever been on.

I Wouldn't recommend to anyone I just wish I had seen this page before I blow £22.75 on the crap.

I got swindled into joining.

Apparently this hot guy messaged me and continued to contact me, but I had to subscribe to talk to him. So I did, just to find the profile had vanished once I signed up.

Zoosk sales ploy, it worked! Scum bags! No genuine profiles on there
Cat fish, Married Players, ugly old perverts, that's the real Zoosk experience avoid it!!
It's like a virtual STD Not to mention the constant pressure to buy coins to contact users you have already paid a subscription for!!!

Are they Crazy?! IT'S A RIP OFF!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Try Tinder its free :) and works!

No Cat Fish :)

cb80
3/1/15

I joined Zoosk at the end of April and met my special guy within 2 weeks of being on the site. We've been dating since May and we are still together after 9 Months! We have a ball together!

Tip for consumers: Be very specific in your description of the type of mate you want and STICK TO IT!! Do not settle for less even if you feel lonely! Weed out those who don't meet your standards and do a meet and greet within the first 5 days of connecting on the site. It will save you tons of heartache, grief and disappointment in the long run.

bojann
3/1/15

Most of the people on this site don't even communicate. use mingle2day instead. You can thank me later...

Bojan

mickin
2/27/15

Do not waste your time on Zoosk!! The website is fraudulent, imho, and they do not represent the members honestly. I have sent them numerous emails with complaints and they have not been addressed. They have responded --- just not have addressed my issues. Do not waste your money --- and they will ask you for more several times for various reasons. Don't do it --- just walk away!!!!

jerryj12
2/27/15

NEXT to POF, Zoosk has to be the worse of the worse dating sites. Am wondering WHY peop-le dont mass together and get a class action suit against sites such as this ????. My experience with Zoosk was dismal at the least. Over rated, phoney profiles, scamers, "chat" system that MAYBE on occasion works. Over priced over rated. Tech support is a joke. I only have one question . HOW do they stay in business ?????????

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO OUT and look

melinaw2
2/27/15

There were too many creeps and/or fake profiles. Also most of those I did meet misrepresented themselves on their profiles whether it was their story wasn't who they really are or they were looking for a hook up... not a real relationship. I luckily did meet one guy who, so far, is who he says he is and wants what he said he wanted... and we click!

chucko3
2/27/15

YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD STORY, N ICE PHOTO AND A LITTLE LUCK. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE OPEN AND HONEST! IF YOU FAIL THE FIRST TIME JUST KEEP LOOKING. IT TOOK ME OVER A YEAR TO FIND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. SHE IS FROM TEXAS AND I MET HER SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, IT TOOK QUITE A WHILE BECAUSE SHE WAS ADVISING ME ON OTHER WOMEN. ONE DAY SHE ASKED ME IF WE WERE GOING TO DO ANYTHING. THEN IT WAS OFF WE WENT, SHE TOLD ME SHE LOVED ME AND IT'S BEEN A NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE!

Tip for consumers: JUST GTAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME!

christines39
2/26/15

I wouldn't recommend this website. I really didn't like being pushed to purchase coins to be more popular. It was very annoying to have messages from other men pop up while I was in the middle of a communication with someone. One time I even accidentally responded to a question from the wrong guy. Luckily it wasn't that personal of a question but it could have been really embarrassing.

ambert9
2/26/15

Justin and I met on Zoosk and I'm now moving to his home town!! We have so much fun together. He makes me laugh everyday and I am so glad I made the first move!

michellem79
2/26/15

I have enjoyed using zoosk and it's so easy to use and understand. I have and will refer people to this site.

Tip for consumers: Breathe, give it time and enjoy. Not all guys are the same on here so even if you go out with one bad one the next might be the one you have been waiting for. It was for me.

matthewh54
2/26/15

Most people on zoosk are very dishonest and play games. You talk and text for a week or two or three and then when it comes time to actually meet, there's always an escuse. There are some really nice, pretty, smart, and caring girls I met but they all live in other $#*!ing states

rebeccar32
2/25/15

It took a long time to meet someone.Three yrs. They live in another city. Don't know if it will work out or not but he is a nice man and he loves me.

Tip for consumers: Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get in a hurry it may take awhile.

cateb1
2/25/15

He said I was the first person he spoke with since subscribing, and we had such an immediate connection, that we both are going off of dating websites!

Tip for consumers: Be careful of those who are only looking for one-night stands.

doroteoa
2/24/15

I didn't think it was possible, but i found an amazing women who loves and cares for me from Zoosk. Thank you!

berniceh12
2/24/15

In June 2013, after only a week on Zoosk, I met Richard. We both were very new to online dating and our paths would never have crossed in our daily lives. Since our first date on June 7, we have become best friends and are deeply in true love. We feel that two good people found the right person for life. We have enjoyed each day since the first day and are truly thankful and blessed to be in each other's life. We are excited and committed to our relationship and know that we will marry in the near future. We found our divine SmartPick.

davidp119
2/23/15

I met her on zoosk. But I am a poor disabled vet with not much money so luckily I found her on facebook and messaged her.

Now we are going to get married.

Thanks to zoosk, I almost didnt meet my soul mate. Because Im poor and they lie about what they charge for and they have a lot of hidden charges in their contract.So being poor and my bank is balanced to within 1 dollar, you can imagine my shock when I see my back account tapped for almost 70 bucks! For a subscription that was supposed to be less than half that.

I did get a refund right away when asked. But I still ad to go to facebook to find this woman because I could not message her on zoosk because they have their scam set up.

I seen her on zoosk, thats all the credit I can give. The rest almost cost me from meting her.

Jerks!

Tip for consumers: Online dating works some times, but not generally without a lot of effort.

Meeting people in person still seems to be the best way to meet someone.

patriciaw42
2/23/15

I had no problems with the dating site but did not think it should be necessary to buy coins for everything.

daved44
2/23/15

Don't bother. This site is not real. Most of the women are fake to get your attention. There are very few people actually looking on this site. They like to recycle 'good' profiles even though these people are not even active. A waste of $$. I have petitioned my state AG to investigate this 'company' further.

rebeccaz
2/23/15

i meet some nice guys and yes, eventually met a really nice, kind hearted man. Michael is very very special and look forward to getting to know him better.

Tip for consumers: You just never know :)

wendieb
2/23/15

I thought there were good matches on this site, but it felt kind of childish (not to mention expensive) to have to keep buying coins to get to actually communicate with anyone. I thought the subscription price was enough that I didn't want to spend a lot more to connect with someone, so I had to wait for men I was interested in to view me so I could look at their profile and decide if I wanted to have a conversation with them. But I did find the love of my life on this site, and it said we were a 98% match and it has proven to be true. He is everything I was ever looking for and I am grateful we found each other. So, except for the extra costs that I thought were a bit excessive, this was easily the best site I have been on (and God willing, my last, now that I have met Tyrone).

christineb47
2/22/15

It was a mixed experience. There are always bad people everywhere you go. Hang in there. Be careful. And I will be praying for everyone to find true happiness. And to the bad people you ought to be ashamed. But you are bad so there for you don't care. But I found someone to love me and I love him.

Tip for consumers: Be aware there are bad people out there. Unfortunately. Be very careful. But there is someone out there for you.

keilar
2/22/15

The site is effective and designed to be fun while taking part in one of the most important life endeavors of finding a partner. Zoosk has room for slight improvement. Their chat could use an upgrade but its not worse than any other chat service on similar dating sites. Zoosk's Smart pick feature needs to include a radius or distance of interest in the survey, but besides that it is a unique and effective tool for the subscriber. I would recommend the site to others while providing my feedback on the small items that need improvement so my friends can make an informed decision.

salvadorc5
2/21/15

This is a great site. My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and now are about to get married.

terrys58
2/19/15

I was a paying member in GA and decided to give it a try in IL. I had the same impression in GA that I have here. Although I have found numerous profiles in my area that are attractive, not a single one has responded. I don't think I'm bad looking and I've had numerous dates from other sites. Match is almost as bad and I think there are two things at work First, being a pay to play site has a lot of profiles that show active but they no longer pay and can't respond. The other is many people have their sights set so high that they will never find their perfect match.

Tip for consumers: My tip would be to use the free sites like POF and DateHookup. If you don't get a response at least you didn't have to pay to get ignored.

eddyk10
2/19/15

all they want is to you keep updateing your membership $ lots phony photos and profiles.
your realy takeing a chance about meeting some one other then chat room..
i realy dont think its safe. and they want your cc number info. and or a checking actt. number. lots scams with profiles and if you get somes e mail
virus and spams plus-- this service just drained my cc info and i cant stop there billing.
i had change ny cc acct number

amandaj31
2/18/15

matthew and i have been going strong for almost three months now and i couldn't have asked for the most amazing guy ever!!!!! we started talking the beginning for December of 2014 and met on new years ever. we have been together ever since and are very happy.

davidd60
2/13/15

A terrible-site & everybody before-me(although; each giving "different" bad-experience versions...) has said: "how-bad, this site-is",etc. All are absolutely CORRECT & "ditto" from me!! THEY (NOT: ZOOSK)--have my complaints endorsement!! JUNK ZOOSK..please!!

brendak17
2/11/15

I was giving up when I was dropped into his lap. We have JUST started communicating and so far so good. I truly can't believe this ... Thanks...

Tip for consumers: Take your time... Be open and honest don't go looking for it.. it will find you. AWESOME - SAUCE!!!!!!
It will be dropped into your lap...

carloss45
2/10/15

Many of the profiles seem fake. Yeah, I know that all dating sites place fake profiles. But on zoosk it seemed more excessive. Stick with the large sites like mingle2day.com or match.com....

beckyw9
2/9/15

This site makes no sense. I can't believe I signed up for six months. They should learn a thing or two from POF or match.com What's this whole thing about buying coins? How stupid?! This is suppose to be a dating site and not a place to play games. I paid almost $100 to be on here and right after I paid, they wanted me to spend more money???. My advice if you're reading this, don't waste your time... I can't wait for this to be over.

chrisw86
2/9/15

Zoosk is just a complete joke. You have a better shot at finding romance on Google+ for crying out loud. As a guy, your profile very rarely receives any views which is because unless you're a paid member, you're basically sitting at the bottom of the totem pole. Even when your page does get viewed, it's usually fake spam bot profiles who are listed as "A Zoosk Member"...In my opinion, this site is, by a large margin, worse than Plenty of Fish. Being on Zoosk is equivalent to sitting in a rocking chair while staring at a brick wall. Bottom line, the site is absolute trash.

Tip for consumers: Do yourselves a favor & do not sign up for this disgrace of a dating site.

vincec27
2/8/15

found several interesting people. Found a good match that has lasted 8 months so far and has great promise for long term relationship.

Tip for consumers: Be truthful about yourself. Try to figure out what you really want. This can be hard and may take so trial an error. It if doesn't work with a person move on to another. Looked at a lot of possible choices to come up with her.

johnf130
2/8/15

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. I do not like this deception and probably indicates a lot of other hidden expenses to follow. But compared to match.com I think it is better in terms of the online chat responses and potential of meeting someone. I do not like the online dating scene but it seems that everyone else is into it and I am running out of alternatives.

lorir27
2/7/15

By far, the best dating website I've ever been on. Yes, there are some guys that I wouldn't consider very desirable but they're everywhere. I've enjoyed this one more than any of the others and frankly, I HIT THE JACKPOT with this man!

suzannev2
2/5/15

This website was very informative and lead me to a very different person than what I am used to. I would have never found this wonderful amazing guy if it had not been for this website.

jeffg47
2/5/15

Good meeting tool. On the positive, can meet lots of people. I also like the profile matching tool. The questions actually achieve a good perspective. The gal I met was a 77% match and we do fit well together.

On the negative, clunky interface and greedy design. By greedy, I mean that if you use the carousel, when you match someone, you have to use coins to chat with them. You already paid for the service!!! Yes, you can earn coins by doing the stupid carousel (which matches you to lots of people outside of your travel range and requires coins to connect. They give you max of 30 a day and you can do nothing with that. For the 60 for 3 months, that should be enough.

Tinder has a much simpler and cleaner UI, and it is free!

Tip for consumers: Use the search, not the carousel. I you match someone, you can then talk with them.

beckym10
2/4/15

There are many different woman on Zoosk. Some don't always look like their picture but for me it's what's inside that attracts me to a woman. Looks give you something to work with.. Face it ladies the best looking woman can be the ugliest woman. As for me I was blessed with finding a woman with the three things I look for. She has a beautiful heart, brains, and looks and my bonus points Nice teeth and a great smile...Well ladies Good Luck and keep looking!!

Tip for consumers: Ladies be true to yourself keep your pictures up dated it really does help. Don't play games ladies because people do get hurt!! As for any and all catfish give it up leave us who are really looking for love alone...

deeb37
2/2/15

Awful site. It seems like only the worst most despicable men sign up on this site. Also, if you are looking for a fit attractive man you're not going to find it here. If you want crazy, unattractive, just sex, and the biggest losers on the planet then sure sign up. I met a great man on Match.com. Not perfect either but at least there are some good ones there. This place is definitely a nightmare. Run away!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

oscarm37
2/2/15

Zoosk is really easy and simple to use the features are good once you are subscribe. They have good selection of members. I met someone very special to me, now, on here. Biggest complain, though, I really think the Zoosk plays matchmaker and amplifies the views, and maybe even messages. I would get a message from someone and I would answer back, and then I wouldn't hear from this person again. I they recycle profile, I found an old profile I made about five years ago, saying I was "recently online." Overall it doesn't hurt to try it. I did and it paid off.

carmenc19
1/31/15

This is one of best dating site I have visited. It has a great display of the members. I was impressed with the verifying the picture site of it as some people do not put their real pictures. I also like the fact of the phone verification and the Facebook verification. The spell check is very helpful. I was impressed with the messenger and it gives the opportunity to decide if you want to chat with a person or not.

The downside is the COIN issue because you have to pay additional money to unlock a profile and not everyone can have the luxury to spend extra money. That needs to change.

ronaldm51
1/30/15

Piebaker approached me early in my membership. I didn't answer her because she lived too far away(two hour drive,one-way). I sent a LOT of ladies texts, but most were too rude to answer at all. I finally decided to drive for two hours,and guess what? Piebaker actually IS a piebaker!!! A good one, too! We both felt like we had known each other all our lives.We dated a bit,went to church together a bit,and I asked her to marry me!Just between you and me,she's getting a good man,and I get a great lady!!! Love,Ron

Tip for consumers: You might sometimes really consider driving a little further than you actually intended to,if you run into somebody that sounds good to you.I almost missed out on a fantastic lady!!!

raeanel
1/30/15

I thought that the individuals on this site seemed more realistic. My only grievance is that if you are a member and the person that you want to contact is NOT a member, it costs additional money. Maybe you can figure out a way to decrease the costs of the coins to make accessing a non-member a little more affordable.

lisas137
1/30/15

zoosk is by far the worst of the worst dating sites available on the internet, period... of all time.

I would caution anyone even thinking of investing money into this "pay for" site, to look at the reviews and customer grading system, which currently stands at 8% out of a 100 on the positive review scale of satisfied clients. This company exhibits all the reasons so many people shy away from dating sites.

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time, money, or hope on such a scam

rj58
1/28/15

Zoosk does not follow directions. I carefully read the privacy policy and unchecked the box that says automatically renew subscription. So my question is this: why have they charged me for a second month and intend to charge me for a third when I only signed up for 1 month with no renewals? I am not an idiot and I would not have signed up for such a service that would automatically renew. I intend to contact them in the morning to get this issue resolved. My honest advice to others is to not waste your time since they are trying to pull a fast one on me.

Tip for consumers: Stay away until they learn how to stop being greedy. Also most people on there seem to just be attention starved and inconsiderate. I have had better luck elsewhere and have happily started a new relationship.

debbiep23
1/28/15

So far, I have found a friend. But I did find the sight a little hard to navigate. I have told a few of my friends about the site. I did see a few men I already new.

Tip for consumers: Just be careful when you get someone wanting to contact you, be sure their area code is from the city you are in. If it is not, and they say they live somewhere else, google the area code to make sure it is from where they say they are.

tyronew5
1/27/15

Hey Zoosk,

Thank you! I met a really great woman through your service. The Compatibility Tool was right on point! Thanks again!

CompuGeek

michaelh137
1/26/15

I met Julie she is a wonder girl. We decided to be together after talking. Thank you for your hep in helping me find who I want to be with. She is great and I can see marrying her.

Tip for consumers: Take your time you will find someone it may take months but hang in there.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
clarkk
A: I want to know whether this site is any good or whether it is just a swindle.
4/5/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

13 Photos for Zoosk