US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellid1

People say they want to meet you, few follow through. (in 198 reviews)

johnf130

Almost signed up then I found about an extra $30 dollar fee after I entered my credit card info. (in 27 reviews)

samanthar19

You can only send two messages without paying, so you usually put a phone number in one of those first two messages. (in 17 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

brucea21
5/28/15

I've been on other sites. Zoosk by far the friendliest and kept up to date with no dead profiles posted.
A pleasant experience.
Bruce

andyk33
5/27/15

ridiculous about how much they want you to spend. Go to POF.

toshiab
5/27/15

Well I didn't think I would find someone but I did and he is everything and more that I want in a man!!

mitche630
5/27/15

So you pay for membership but they want more and it's a stupid dating site. I read reviews that said it was the best but I think it's one of the worst!!!!!!

greggg7
5/26/15

Need a way to sort search results by age, location, other characteristics. Carosel photo should have caption that indicates location as well as age.

stepong
5/26/15

I recommend Zoosk if you are serious about meeting a guy.

isabellag4
5/26/15

I met a lot of nice people

tonya130
5/26/15

When I see the good reviews on here I know they must be fake. This is my experience with Zoosk. Before you sign up you browse and leave a wink for people. Then Zoosk tells you that they have left you a message when in fact it is a message from Zoosk telling you that the person wants more than a wink, but that is from Zoosk not the person...so in order for to send more than a wink you have to sign up.

Once you sign up they charge additonal fees beyond the monthly. Then you have to pay additionally for what they call coins. You are forced to use these coins to interact with people. So even when you are signed up and paying the monthly fees they milk you for these coins.

Thirdly, they tell you in order to be more popular you need to use these coins to raise it.

laurelb11
5/26/15

I paid my fee for a month, but am being asked more money in order to chat and reach some of my matches. Not cool, beginning to feel like a scam.

jorgem27
5/26/15

Es una aplicacion muy Buena y encontre lo que buscaba

pattye4
5/26/15

Found the love of my life! Thank you Zoosk!

rudolfa
5/25/15

You have to be proactive if you want connections and chats.

rayr26

Seek Christ!

danielh79
5/25/15

Signed up yesterday. Still trying to determine how much of a ripoff Zoosk is re: rubles required to communicate, self promotions by zoosk on dating site review websites, etc. probably will seek a refund. Daniel H. Esq.

lonnied15
5/24/15

Zoosk is indeed a SCAM. This is important, read it.

"Views" are not actually someone CLICKING your profile. Say you view someone, and they view you. That's now in their history, and yours. If that someone browses the list who viewed them, it will show up as viewing YOU again.

Do you get it?

If you think someone is clicking your profile over and over, you assume they are interested and waiting for your first move, right? Zoosk knows that.

Zoosk is creating fake interest, just to keep you clicking profiles, sending messages, and viewing more profiles. All to pretend Zoosk has real "action". I'm sure some actuary is quoting those false numbers to some executive who is smiling.

As for "matches" Zoosk selects, it is all ego-stroking. There is no intelligent matching, it's all a lie. Zoosk chooses the most attractive and "matches" you. Wow, you think at the beginning, I'm flattered. But considering the Zoosk business model, by clicking that person's profile and they clicking back, Zoosk ensures that an attractive person will "view" you many times, as I say above. Further stroking your ego.

All to keep you paying Zoosk.

With silly "carousel", purchasing "Zoosk coins" even when a paying member, and "popularity meter", you get a real insight into their mind set. YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE.

Zoosk is an insult, and the product of a company which thinks very little of you.

cherylr15
5/24/15

That carousel game where you earn 40 coins a day is to keep you and all the people you say "maybe" or 'yes' to (in regards to "are you interested in?") Is just a way to make you think that there is interest in you! It just goes around and around and the caliber of contact is poor.I joined for a month and by week 3 I had one date where the guy was drunk and with his mate. 3 guys boasting of their sexual prowess, one guy that chatted for a while and then got to asking about having an intimate relationship. They all seemed like they were using it for a shop for sex. Boring, over rated and crap dating site.

melissaz4
5/23/15

Your site needs to be fixed, so you can use the payment plan. So I was able to find my love on another site that was free. Thank you, I was able to see this wonderful man on your site. And was able to talk to him on another site.

groverj9
5/22/15

She saw my profile and liked it. She said call her so we could talk. After that we meet and went to have dinner at Skippers Sea Food Place. We drove around in my car with the top down it was a very warm day here in Washington State. Went back to my house watch a movie. Good day. next day we meet after she got off work and went to karaoke, had a great time. Still going strong. Monday a movie I am very Happy. THANKS

dinad4
5/22/15

I met someone very special using this site. However, it's kind of funny because it wasn't my favorite site to use. I didn't find it to be user friendly and most everyone who contacted me lived a great distance away. In fact, the man who I met lives in a different state but is making plans to move to my state which has enabled us to be together.

I am very happy to have met such a wonderful man and I do thank Zoosk for that.

randyh31
5/21/15

it was useful and the site provided me much intel and I have met a wonderful women

vees3
5/21/15

It took a while, but it was worth the wait. I'm not sure I love the new layout but I suppose that it is progress. I met some very nice people as well as my share of throwbacks. I would recommend the site to others.

kenneths44
5/21/15

it took some time but the key word is patient

lonij
5/21/15

It took a while, but met someone that has potential for a long term relationship!

stephenb77
5/20/15

Took a chance on a long distance relationship it working so far

kays36
5/20/15

Your messages and winks do not go directly to individuals zoosk control everything and they want you to pay more and more money before you really connect with a person ..even after you have subscribed... It's a waste of your time

donaldt17
5/20/15

I met my match. She is greatest person I think I have ever met. We click in almost every fashion possible.

tarar10
5/20/15

We started talking and hit it off right off the bat. I love how we do have some things in common like having Christ in our lives and wanting to go to church and wanting to succeed in life where our careers are concerned. He is very sweet, kind, a gentleman, respectful, faithful, etc. Thank you Zoosk for helping me find him. :)

terrie20
5/19/15

good experience

kellye17
5/18/15

Benefits of "Free access" you can search for potential matches and that's about it.

Benefits of "paid membership" 1)you can search for potential matches 2)you're granted "limited" access to instant chat and replying to messages meaning they cut you off after possibly 20 chat/messages and you get a message that says whoo you've been busy,come back tomorrow.

Get this people, Zoosk still WANTS you to pay "real money" to purchase "gold coins" to even see IF the person read YOUR message in the first place. You also have to use 30 gold coins to unlock your possible match profile. i mean WTF? You would think that since you're a paid subscriber for membership, you'll have UNLIMITED access to the site, unlimited chats, unlimited replies to messages, unlimited unlocking of profiles....but no that would be Too easy..

staciad
5/18/15

I tried just about all the online dating sites: Match.com, Eharmony, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, and even services like It's Just Lunch. What made Zoosk different was just how active it was. I found it easy to review potential matches, and the people here seemed more willing to give meeting in person a try. I went on several great dates with guys I met on the site, but it wasn't until Zoosk suggested "Will" as my SmartPick that I found "The One." Our first date was in July, and nine months later he proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. We are getting married later this year. I'm so happy that I didn't give up on online dating before giving Zoosk a try. For obvious reasons, I would highly recommend it!

lauriec22
5/18/15

I met a really great guy on zoosk. We had our first date 5/17/2015. A picnic at the park to start and later introduced me to his family. We really hit it off and we are going to see one another more often. I had to share this one part of this story. When we first spoke he shared with me that a friend had asked him awhile ago if he found his other half of a orange yet meaning a woman. His reply was no. We know we liked one another from talking but wasn't sure if their would be some chemistry so, after speaking with him I told him I decided to bring an orange with me and told him if he liked what he saw then he would cut it in half and if he didn't like what he saw the orange will not be cut. When it came time for desert he sliced the orange and brought it out and served it. Thanks to zoosk we are both happy.

carolyng15
5/17/15

I have experiences other sites; Zoosk was fun, interesting and I met more people here during my stay. It offered grace elegance and simple, but wonderful times to communicate.

mikef74
5/17/15

Their whole process of finding your match is not user friendly and the when someone is interested in you, you can not see their profile... only their photo. You have to choose "yes", "no" or "maybe" based on that alone. If you want to see more you have to "unlock mutual match" and the only way to do that is to "play carousel" to earn 30 coins (you can only do this once a day) or by purchasing them! What???? I thought that's what I paid the prescription for?

adrianneh2
5/16/15

Many new faces and life experiences from so many different people.

bryans44
5/16/15

This site is full of crazy woman but far as being real the women I talked to was but there never wanted to meet it was crazy I wouldn't never use it it's not worth the money to become a member but it's up to you

lindaf46
5/16/15

Do i pay to use carousel after already paying to subscibe for 3 months, surely not this must be a scam

barbarap30
5/15/15

While it had been 11 years since I dated, I did have an idea of what kind of guy I wanted to meet. The thing I didn't like about Zoosk was that the Carousel wasn't filtered by the same filter as my search. I felt like I wasted a good bit of time viewing men that I wouldn't be interested in dating. I by no means am racist but I would not be comfortable dating outside my race. I did meet a couple of men that I will consider friends but we just didn't have the same goals in life.

sydc

met someone on zoosk. He is wonderful.I am in Love

angiec13
5/15/15

This site does not deserve any stars as it is totally fraudulent relying on fake profiles to draw you in and subscribe.

How do i know this?

I uploaded a profile and immediately i got messages from some rather good looking people but i could not read my messages until i subscribed. So i did, all 3 messages from the good looking profiles asked where my profile picture was. I was still setting up profile and loaded it.
Now the good looking profiles (bear in mind i am a 41yr old female who has been on dating sites previously) never once entered my profile again as Zoosk records this. Okay so i may not be their standard but why would good looking profiles start emailing all new joiners asking for their profile pictures, they do not need too.

I studied these profiles, there were 3 in total and they were very similar as all the men has their photos verified, had received stacks of gifts (promoting new users to buy gifts) whereas when you compare to the average normal user, no one in their 40's has been sent gifts as it is childish and they are online for almost for 24 hours a day.

I do not doubt there are regular users as the numbers are huge on this site, i just want to warn others that you could be drawn into subscribing under false pretenses. I am not bitter that i have not met someone as there are plenty of sites to join i just wanted to give my honest opinion on this site. I feel pretty strongly about this that i will email Trading Standards to ask for an investigation on their practice.

I also object to the fact that i cannot remove my profile from the site until my subscription month ends. I should be allowed to take down my profile at any stage in my subscription. Instead i have removed everything from my profile until i can take down.

I also want to add i have had approx 20 messages from regular users all saying a version of 'make my day, make my year by just emailing to say hi'. i assume the site suggests this sentence as i have had so many similar ones now.

This site is not like any others i have joined, where people do write proper emails, with questions and comments about your profile so you at least can communicate.

This maybe right for some people but i just wanted people to be aware before they join, what they are actually receiving for their money.

angys
5/13/15

I met someone who I am extremely naturally compatible with. We are going to make a go at it and see how things go, but I have always hoped for someone like this person and I feel so lucky I found him

trishp3
5/12/15

There are a lot of nice people on Zoosk. Most have ended up as friends but there was That One. She stole my heart and I can't believe my luck. The moment I met her in person, I knew she was the last one!! Thank you Zoosk. If I could hug you all, I would!!!

micheles26
5/12/15

I tried a couple of on-line dating sites including zoosk. The other sites were more difficult to use and did not offer as much insight on the person you were interested in. I received more responses and request from the zoosk site than any other site I tried. I would recommend zoosk to anyone, even if your just looking for friendship, I have met several people whom I will and do remain in contact with as friends.

andrewd42
5/12/15

This site charges you for everything, and even if you pay up, the features you get in return are mediocre at best. A full subscription will not banish the microtransactions either, so be ready to make your wallet bleed. I met someone, but it was by sheer dumb luck. I'd have had just as much success with a free site like PlentyOfFish.

Don't waste your money, unless you really have nothing better to do with it.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

jamesd142
5/12/15

Never trust a site that takes your $ automatically!!! FaceBook needs to be better then this!!!

carriel19
5/11/15

I have tried e-Harmony and Match; do not like either one. Zoosk is the best site to meet someone!

maryb172
5/11/15

Thought it worked out well and I didn't give up and I did find someone that had the same feelings has I did about relationships

geneo3
5/11/15

Only thing I didn't like was I was "viewed" by people that had canceled there subscription.
Overall it was a pleasant experience

rodp9

worked for me

leannai

Any lady who messages Mike 40 be careful he is a lair and a user of women

virginiav3
5/10/15

THe website was helpful..

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: The web site is a nightmare. You cannot delete your account. You can only cancelled. So, as soon as I started dating this guy, I went and cancelled the stupid account. However, the account never went away, it was still showing. Not only that but consistently throughout 3 months, it showed that I was adding friends. From 3, it went up to 13. Thank goodness my boyfriend trusted me to believe that I was not talking to other guys, but I must confess that I was pretty embarrassed. I did not know what to tell him other than, I had NO idea what is going on.
Has anybody heard of that???
7/16/13
Answer
andrewl57
A: Are you talking about Zoosk? Or what web site? I have found on any of the dating sites that they do in deed keep your info.....if you just cancel....its not enough. You have to realize that your subscription doesn't end until the date it was supposed to end. So if you signed up for 3 months....and canceled it after 1 month....it is still active for the remainder of the 3 months. You actually have to go in and HIDE or Deactivate your profile so that no one can view it. Make sure you go into "settings" and turn off all of the mail settings so that you do not keep getting notifications of messages and views. That should solve your problem.
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: why do the same men frequent your profile and never broach a conversation?
4/4/15
Answer
donj23
A: They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!
4/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Zoosk