US Government's NSF

Tel: 877-276-5104
info@yodle.com

348 Reviews for Yodle.com

Review Highlights

My average click costs were more than 3x what I was paying before.

To date there $50 average lead cost is at $246.00.

When you enroll in their program, you must sign a 3-month contract.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/22/14

YODLE assisted our company greatly during our formative years.
The staff and services provided were definitely influential to our growth and success.

8/21/14

We are getting a lot of calls, but few are quality. Most just want some quick, free legal advice, and are not interested in hiring any lawyer. Still, we have had a few decent ones and have actually picked up a few clients. On balance, the jury is still out on this one. We are not sure if it is even paying for itself. If it is, it is not by much. We are hoping to land some good clients that can be great repeat business, but we will see.

8/20/14

I have done marketing for my law firm via tv commercials, websites, and radio ads. Yodle is by far the best service that I have ever used. I will strictly use Yodle from now on. I have referred friends to use yodle as well. My law practice is booming and I have to thank Wes Curry for his great advice. Business could not be any better!!!
Sanjay Biswas, Esq.
New Orleans, LA

8/15/14

Love yodel, love my rep Jimmy. My business is increasing by leaps and bounds
Thank you!
Aachen Tree Service

8/13/14

We work with Yodle and I find them very helpful in generating business and also very helpful when it comes to customer service. I really enjoy the fact that we chose to use them!!

8/13/14

Fantastic service any questions answered right there and then! I recommend Yodle to anyone who needs to pick up business in the area.Customer service is always friendly and helpful anytime I call.

8/12/14

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my site. It has been phenomenal in my area. I like the easiness of it and how user friendly it has become to do things like upload my own pictures.

8/12/14

I've been working with Yodle since December of 2013. We closed a transaction in February 2014--which is quite fast in my line of work and not during the busy season. The reps have worked to maintain my success and leads are coming in via phone and email. There have been several other leads that have come in and I have closed a handful of clients from Yodle. So far it's worth it and profitable. In addition, I find local awareness of my brand has been increased and I am easier to find online. All good things so far and Yodle has continued to work to maintain and improve going forward. I recommend scheduling a monthly call with your rep to ensure you are getting the most out of the service and that you know the functions of the dashboard since Yodle is adding functions etc.

8/11/14

Yodle talks one way before you give them your bank info then demand in a nice way to gain access to your other online connections over and over until I told them I was "Out" and demanded they close my account. a month goes by and the last person I talked to did'nt understand what I said. They get another $200.

8/11/14

We have seen our small dental practice take off in the past few months while using Yodle. They are easy to reach when we need them and they make the process of marketing a breeze so we can focus on what we know best, TEETH!

8/11/14

My experience with Yodle has been exceptional. Great customer service. Always available to make changes. I highly recommend the service.

8/5/14

I am a psychologist with small practice and my web site was way out of date. I wanted Yodle to help me put together an "adversite" (as in advertising, not adversity!) I was surprised and pleased to see how intelligently put together a generic site could be. Then it was also possible for me to customize it. I have not asked them to advertise the site yet but I can see that they have set me up to optimize my web presence. The customer service team has responded rapidly and pleasantly to all my requests. I could not be more pleased!

8/2/14

This company is using hard sell tactics to get agents to sign up. Here is their new trick, contact you through your Zillow or Trulia profile because they know you will answer the phone when you hear you have an incoming lead call right? Sales people won't take NO for an answer, very irritating.

8/1/14

Emily B. at Yodle is the best of the best. She spends the time I need get answers to all my questions and works with me to get our website personalized to our satisfaction. She has a handle on the promotions that work and don't work within our field and gives solid marketing advice. Thank you, Emily!!!

Denise P.

7/30/14

Everyone at Yodle that I've encountered has went beyond their limits to help us. James is awesome and goes out of his way to explain things to you. Yodle didn't work out for my company but not because of what Yodle was doing my company just went a different direction. I recommend them to anyone.

7/29/14

Yodle is great for getting more traffic flow to your business. Of course, the more people that know about your business the better opportunity for sales!!!

7/28/14

Yodle is a great company, They go above and beyond to satisfy customers needs, they definitely do what they say they're going to do to help advertise your company. Their employees are great and know exactly what they are doing. Shouts out to Lynn the rep out Austin who did a wonderful Job walking me through the whole process...Shouts out to all Yodle Employees as well.. If you need help marketing / advertising for you business, Yodle is your one stop shop....

7/25/14

Yodle did every thing they said they would do, I'm on the first page of google and bing. Also, if I have any questions or concerns they have addressed promptly. If you are looking for a company to help you succeed with online advertising Yodle is your answer.

7/23/14

Just trust the feeling in your gut that says STAY AWAY, and do it. I've been with Yodle for 3 months (due to my agreement), and have gotten ONE lead, who did not show up to his appointment and wasted my time. I've dealt with numerous spam callers, time lost dealing with Yodle, frustrations over my Adversite being shown in search rankings rather than my actual website (which I spend a lot of time on!). I knew I should have stayed away, but was tempted by the alluring promises of the sales people. Don't lose your hard-earned money!

7/21/14

Stay away. especially if you have an existing web site and good organic results. I signed up unaware that they take control of my domain name and tier adversite would compete with my own rankings. when the next day when I called and e-mailed for a refund- nothing no response. Plus they charged me for all 3 months up front rather than the 449 that I agreed to. When I finally got a hold of someone they refused to refund me because they had " done so much work for me already" all of which I asked them to not do immediately. Beware of Yodle their sails pitch is all about how they want a chance to prove them selves and partner with you.....wrong they just want your credit card info and then essentially steal your money.

7/20/14

Completely ripped me off. Misleading unprofessional. $2,398.00 was the amount they ended with, did not do as they promised, made constant errors, but sure knew how to take my money and continue to take it. Wanting to stop their on-going charges for work they did not produce was met with their shifting blame to their customer. The worst "business" experience I have not experienced. What they initially told me would occur with my business
because of their help turned into a financial nightmare for which they accept no responsibility.

7/19/14

Complements to the folks at Yodle. Been with them for a few weeks and so far the service and ease of use are fantastic. They have delivered on all they promised thus far... an easy platform from which to connect with my client base, attract new business, market and manage my online presence and social media... Thanks Yodle.

7/18/14

Scam, please don't waste your money on this company, Just finish my 3 month try out and it got me 4 lead for $1500 and I make $450 in total sale, really bad on creating your web site, they call and call for you to sign and after they had collect the money it is hard to find them. I was never able to find my company ads in any internet site, for the price you are better going and advertise direct with google.

7/16/14

When I decided to work with Yodle, I was very skeptical. Spent $3000 per month on adwords on Google. Went with the same budget for our mental health clinic through Google. What impressed me with Yodle is the representative Meredith Jones. We spoke regularly and she has been very attentive to our needs and questions. The first month is scary-- until the program they use kicks in. Have seen a 40% increase in viable referrals to our group. This is a great service for people who have some marketing savvy, but not enough to be successful on Google. The biggest advantage is their attentiveness. Many companies spend time with you once, then collect your money. I feel like its a real partnership. I don't see anything that would be construed as negative-- more of an issue as an enterpreneur giving control to others. But it is working and have nothing but good things to say about Yodle. Dr. J Henderson, NV

7/11/14

YOU MUST READ THIS FIRST!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I own a small business in Tennessee. I advertised with this company three years ago. They took me for ALOT of money. I have to be honest , they did generate some business for us, but never balanced out for the price. Way over priced. I am
someone that has run a telemarketing company for 15 years prior to my pest control company that I own now and again have run it successfully for 20 plus years always try and be courteous to all callers. I heard today a young man that seem to be knowledgeable in advertising so I gave him over 30 minutes of my time and listened to what he had to say. He gave me a lot of research info and a lot of numbers that I could pull out of my hat with just a little online research. I have learned the hard way, always do your homework before spending money
with a company that is not in your area, and that wants access to your credit card account. I ask him to give me an hour, to do my own research and found this website in just a few seconds. Key words, "Consumer Complaints" on Yodel.
The second call just went as follows. I told the young man that I to had done some research on his company, the first words were, "We have over 45,000 customers and only 47 BBB complaints, is that not a great average? Count the complaints on just this website, LOL what a joke. As I continued to try and make my case, as to the reason I was not going to use Yodel, I was insulted, was told I knew nothing about advertising, and obvious did not know what I was doing when it came to advertising for my business. Again, I have been in business for over 20 yrs. As I listed closely to the background noise, you could here a large number of people cheering at different times, Obviously as another sales associate just have some ones credit card information and a contract to steal money, as everyone else has said on here, it takes canceling your credit card with your bank before they will stop taking money from it. DO NOT waist your time with this company. The only reason they are still in business is because they are such good liars and cheats. And one last thing, I made the argument of creating another telephone number for my business, I have five local numbers for my new customers to call me local, and was told that was stupid. Just cancel all of my numbers that have been listed for 20 years and just use there new number.
Do they really think I feel off the turnip truck yesterday? These are computer teleprompt trained readers, and are filled full of crap on how to take over a conversation and manipulate the people that just have a hard time saying NO.
As long as I have been in business, I will never understand how people can take advantage of good honest people out here, trying to make a living. Again, maybe you want to trust someone to just take over, and that's exactly what he said, your advertising budget. That to me as a business owner goes back to an old saying that's been around for years, NEVER put all your eggs in one basket. That is the dumbest thing you could ever do in business. I never said that I please all my customers all of the time. But for someone who on the phone wound up saying to me, " Turn over ALL of your web advertising, give me your credit card number, and "Trust Me" even though, all I know about this company is what I can read, and a voice over the phone. NO THANKS

7/10/14

I was called yesterday regarding this 'program' in which they sell you a website (I already have one) a phone # (already have one) and ads on google, etc. I was initially interested because who isn't interested in growing their business?

WOW. I can't believe what a hard sell this guy Nick Mangum pitched me. Every time I had a question regarding initial investment, price, etc. he said 'well guarantee me a tornado won't come through your town and I'll take that bet!'. Then after I told him I would think about it over a week's time, he said that he couldn't offer me the same deal next week and wanted to know if I was interested right there and then. Of course I declined.

I would NEVER deal with a company who 'reps' hard-sell you like that. I would steer well clear of a business that acts like this. I would read the reviews on here thoroughly as I did and read the following excerpt to get a background on this company;

7/9/14

I was an employee of Yodle and was fired for giving a business a refund for failed services. The new business model of Yodle is to not really do any optimization of your site, it's to just take over your Google and Bing local profiles and submit their own info to the major online directories. If you have a Max or Bundle package, just know that the Yodle percentage is 60% for pay per click ads. You can verify this by viewing the spend report through your dashboard. Also, with the new marketing essentials features, these were only added to make it easier for yodle to tell you that it is your fault you are not successful. When you try to cancel, you will be told it is because you have note uploaded enough photos, requested enough reviews or sent out discount coupons for your service. If you are wanting to cancel, all you have to do is say you are going to file a BBB complaint. And if you don't even want to talk to a retention person, just fill out the BBB complaint. Yodle will call you and offer you a full refund in exchange for an e-contract agreement that you will say the BBB issue was resolved, and you will never write another bad review about Yodle. They are about to go public so they have full efforts on their online reputation. File the BBB complaint now and expect a call within 2 days and an offer of a full refund. The CEO Court Cunningham has said he wants 0 BBB complaints at all cost, don't accept no as an answer.

7/7/14

I have been working with Yodle for about 18 months. I receive regular leads from the website and I consistently generate more income my cost. My account manager, Kerry Satchell, has done a great job of helping me revise and improve the site over time. I find the dashboard and the recording of the calls very helpful. I do wish more time was spent on the organic side of the marketing, but I like the flexibility in the pay per click costs.

7/7/14

After trying a few different companies for SEO work and using Google Ads ourselves, Yodle reached out to us. We have received a significant amount of new leads using Yodle and the Dashboard service really helps us track our leads.

7/2/14

Well this guy from Yodle called me and finally convinced me after one hour of bunch a lies and percentages that so far I have not receive one single call from this advertising, it's been almost 4 months already and now one has contact me for a fallow up or nothing, oh but they don't forget to take from my bank account $179 a month, they told me that on Google pages I will reach the 1st page and so far a have not even moved from the same place. If some one can review this or get back to me for a refund Gilapainting.com I'm very disappointed with this service. Art

7/1/14

This review is coming from a family owned service business. We have been with Yodle for just over a year now. I won't lie the first three months are a drag..Of course we had high expectations. The phone did ring it just did'nt seem to be happening fast enough. Because we continued with Yodle modifying as we went our organic listings are up. In the long run not so costly you just need to stay with it.

7/1/14

I've noticed a significant increase in requests for proposals from potential clients since contracting with yodel.com. Their customer service has been proactive about making sure I get the most value out of my subscription.

6/27/14

I find it interesting that for an advertising company that claims to optimize google search results, their own "organic" ranking lists all the sites that have bad reviews first!
The sales agent was clearly working off a script. Before setting up his call, he didn't even Google our company name to check our website.
Also, we told him on several occasions we were VERY happy with our website, and it was optimized for viewing on a smart phone. He continued on his pitch about an "adversite". Ugh.
We also raised the issue that we in no way wanted a separate phone number to steer traffic from THEIR "adversite" (which we didn't need anyway!) and that our cell number was our primary contact, as we are a "Mom and Pop" Contracting business that has to answer calls from the job site.
Basically, trying to sell us a Cadillac when we needed a scooter. He did give me great marketing ideas, though. Thanks Yodle!

6/26/14

I have been with Yodle 100 days now, they promised me a great website and lots of customer traffic. They designed a website for me on a standard template, it looks average and I had to rewrite 95% of the text. It is easy to add pictures and maintain it yourself but they have done a little maintenance for me. I received about 20 calls in the past 3 months that have been wrong numbers or vendors trying to sell me something. I reported this to Yodle and it took them about 6 weeks to sort of fix the wrong numbers. I have had gained 2 customers from my Yodle website that were viable and a couple of potentials that did not work out. For my $4000 this is a terrible return on investment. They charge you a fortune for building a website and then spending 30 minutes a month on maintaining it. You could use your money much more wisely elsewhere. I'm sorry that I even signed up with them another scam that I foolishly fell victim to.

6/26/14

Yodle gets five stars from us. We are currently using Yodle, signed a 90 day start up contract, six weeks in we have already made enough profit off Yodle leads to pay for the 3 month start up and put twice that amount in the bank. The reps are professional and helpful. We are very happy with the service. Without hesitation we recommend them!

6/25/14

Their co. agent told me of all the good things they could do. I gave them my co. info, services I provide. They were going to build a web site and put me on front page of search engines. Well they built a web page that advertised services I did not provide. Also the same on search engines. All calls were for things I don't do. I've been correcting this for 3 months now. They took my money and falsely advertised my business. I traded work to have the co. investigated for bad business practice and false advertising of my business. Did the same thing to see if I can take legal action against them. Now I'll wait and see. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

6/23/14

I signed up with Yodle in February and was told by my sales rep that I should give it about 3 months to really take off. The first three months were very slow but almost immediately after that time, my business took off! And then by June 1st, my business and client base has increased by 20% almost overnight! Although it is pricey for a smaller business, it is WELL worth the investment. My account manager is Liz, and she is amazing!

6/20/14

Yodle has help my business. Their employees answered every question that I asked and guided me through every process. I will recommend Yodle to all of my friends and family that have a business. Great Job Yodle!

6/20/14

Yodle's setup and follow-through has been exceptional. We began getting calls from our program after only a week or so, and the phone keeps ringing. The ability to rate our calls and have Yodle fine tune its ad placement based on those ratings, has proven itself in improved results. Our Yodle advertising program is providing a great return on investment.

6/18/14

When they initially contacted me I told them that I was very skeptical that their system would work for real estate agents. I could see where it may benefit other service industry professionals - where their clients would expect to find a generic landing page online with just hours, address and a general business overview - but when people go online looking for an agent they are generally looking for very specific market information. Yodle assured me that they knew better than I how to generate web traffic and given enough time their system would work. Well... after months and no traffic I think we know who was right and who wasn't. They tried desperately to keep me paying... offering to do optimization reports and to optimize my page for optimum results... but wasn't this what they were supposed to be doing all along? After the initial set up I received no meaningful contact. And the lack of effort on their part shows in the results. The cherry on top was when they kept me holding on waiting for them to do an optimization report to see if something was wrong with the site only to finally get my report after the next billing cycle was posted. Apparently the report came back that there was an issue (though they never would actually say what the issue was) and they were going to re-optimize it! Oh goody! They could offer no specifics or articulate any plan or strategy as to how they would remedy the complete lack of results (we're not talking about not getting top placement in results a search... we're talking about not being on one of the first few PAGES of search results using their key search words (no one ever even asked if those words were pertinent to my business). Since my bill had been posted I was told there was no way to get a refund... 3 phone calls and much wasted time later they tell me they will refund the final payment (I'm cautiously optimistic). I'm not saying Yodle won't work for you. I'm just saying don't believe everything the sales people will tell you. Customer service will give you a much more realistic overview of the service after the fact. I don't think this service works for all business types however and would recommend real estate agents and brokers take a pass.

6/17/14

We began working with Yodle back in 2009 and they literally put us ON THE MAP. We doubled in business 2 years in a row which was awesome. We had plans to stick with them through our company's expansion so that we could grow with them. But beginning in 2012 they just FELL OFF on us. They kept switching our account representatives so it was like starting and restarting from ground zero! I called them once because we were beginning to have horrible success with them and it was around May and they informed me they still had our JANUARY SPECIALS running... meaning our account rep had no interest in keeping up with our PPC Ads. Then 2-3 months in a row we have ZERO calls and ZERO email (keep in mind we were paying $1,200/month for our DFW location and around $850/month for our Austin location). So as soon that happened I immediately cancelled our Austin advertising and had a few conversations with our account rep telling him that we would give them 1 MORE MONTH to prove their worth and that was only because of everything they did for us in the beginning. I ended up giving them 2 months ($2,400 worth of time) and NADA. All that happened was I got a call from our rep who had the audacity to ask us to RAISE our marketing budget per month. Of course this pissed me off and we cancelled everything with them and cut our ties. It was a major disappointment because I really did enjoy working with them in the beginning, but I guess after you are with them for so long they seem to just forget about you and let your money go to waste. At first I was recommending them to everyone... Now I probably wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Sucks that it went down so poorly.

6/16/14

Once I had my initial set-up consultation, there was very little follow through even though I committed for 3 months. I got 0 appropriate referrals over the 3 months. Very costly, no return.

6/16/14

I became a customer with yodle about six months ago and i been never happer with markting company ever like yodle . Yodle is number 1 markitng company out there and my account manger emiley is one of the best out there

6/10/14

Sat through part of a sales presentation with a gentleman with an interesting name. If you've ever sat through a timeshare sales meeting, you will be in familiar territory. As soon as I started asking questions the presentation and rapport fell apart. Ask them for phone #'s of clients in your industry who can attest to their program. See what happens. The call was ended with the sales guy telling me, "When you're ready to take control of your client base, you have my contact info." The fact is that their model is bad and can damage any legitimate SEO efforts you've already made.

And just look at the astroturfing on this review site. Someone logs in almost every day to give 5 star reviews that sound nearly identical. Look how many mention "Diana" or the word "skeptical". They need to hire a separate company to do the copy writing for their reviews.

6/9/14

One of the worst services out there. I was cold called like th rest of the people on the site. I am an attorney. They promise you the world new clients new leads and what you get are totally moronic calls, sometimes on things you dont even do at your firm. On top of that I got at least 10-20 solicitations for other services via email and phone. Other companies see what a sucker you are and then also start to call and email you based on the Yodle site...horrible horrible. I made a complaint to the Attorney General because I see a pattern of promises not met.

6/5/14

We are a Law Firm and signed up with Yodle on the last day of the year. My Boss was quite skeptical but I read very promising information on Yodle and thought we should give it a shot. Things started out a little slow but as we worked with Vinay things started picking up. Then we learn Vinay has been promoted and we will be working with Joshua Robinson. As usual my Boss was apprehensive of change, as calls were really picking up. However, we have been extremely happy with the work Josh has done. He is a real go-getter and 2 weeks ago we had the best week we have had in years! The phones are constantly ringing and my Boss is considering raising Joshua's budget. He is accessible and always working with his team to get us the best possible results. I would suggest anyone wanting to increase their customer base, try Yodle for 3 months, like we did and like us you will probably stay with them after. Even my Boss is happy, and that rarely happens. Thanks Josh and Yodle, keep up the good work!

6/4/14

Been with Yodle about 2 months and I have to say it has definitely ramped up our online presence. We are a small business that gets most of our business from word of mouth, so when people call us they already know what they want. Now, we are getting customers that have never heard of us so we are definitely having to sharpen our sales techniques and we are seeing new business. I like being able to listen to the phone calls so I can fix common problems I hear over the phone. So far so good!

6/4/14

Yodle is a must for all small businesses. We were skeptical but gave it a try at the start of tax season (we are a tax business.) With just a little tweaking (with excellent assistance from our rep) we were soon on our way to receiving calls. As the season heated up our leads increased. When we missed a call their tracking system made it easy to recover the client's phone number and recover the opportunity. Then Yodle added some fabulous new features like the ability to request reviews! This was quick and easy -- and GOT RESULTS. Now our adversite has 9 positive reviews -- I'm sure we'll have more next year. We definitely got new clients, and not only paid for the service but made a profit too. YAY Yodle!

6/2/14

Yodle has been the best marketing tool I have used. Easy and affordable! I was able to keep track of all my customers and all potential clients with a click of my mouse or on my phone.
Everyone is looking on line for services so Yodle keeps it quick and easy. They deliver exactly what they say they will. I worked with their members personally to ensure my vision got promoted. When I called, I spoke to a live person.
After 19 years of small business operations, I have tried all areas of marketing and this has been the best. Thank you Yodle!
Joanne P. Foy RN., JD
President
Senior Solutions Inc.

6/2/14

This has been a fantastic company to work with. I used them in the past and because they did such a great job I had to come back. My call volume is up about 40% from my last ppc provider and they are probably the one of the largest. Yodle has worked with me and we are continually improving our leads. I would recommend them again, again, and again. Diana is my account rep and she has done a fantastic job with my account and delivers awesome service.

The Best Advertising Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber