US Government's NSF

1st Review:
travisr

289 Reviews for Yodle.com

Review Highlights

My average click costs were more than 3x what I was paying before.

To date there $50 average lead cost is at $246.00.

When you enroll in their program, you must sign a 3-month contract.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/19/14

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning, and slow to sign up and take the plunge. I am glad I did. The first week I started getting calls for repairs. One of the awesome things that I loved is when a customer writes a review for your business, it can go straight to your Facebook page. That is even more exposure. In reality your investment doubles up on the people who see it. i am a believer. Yodle works !

4/18/14

LOVE IT!!! I was skeptical but quickly set straight (thank you YODLE) when I immediately started receiving phone call and email leads as soon as I went live. Working with Meredith Jones has been an absolute pleasure and she has made the process painless to someone that has does numbers - not websites!
My business is doing in month ONE what I had anticipated it doing in month SIX. I AM VERY PLEASED!!

4/17/14

I left Yodle for a local company, boy what a mistake it was. My budget is lower, and the results are great, happy customer here.

4/16/14

Excellent services, I have been doing business with Yodle for over two years and it certainly has been one of my the best decisions I have made in for my business. You owe to your self to find out what they offer and to give them a try. I wish I would have consulted with Yodle in the past with my other ventures that did not do as well as my current business is doing.

4/15/14

Within 48hrs Yodle.com had a professional website up and running for our Pest Control Business and within the first week, we gained 3 new clients!

We thought about designing a new website and optimizing it on our own, but it would have taken months to complete and most definitely wouldn't have been as thorough as the one Yodle created!

Our quick success in our first week has us motivated and excited for our bright future and growth.

We recommend Yodle to any company they can help as it's the fasted, most effective way to gain new customers/clients NOW!

4/11/14

started out slow but their staff kept working and improving my website and now good leads are steady and its now cost effective

4/10/14

Ive been with yodle for about 5 yrs. within a few months ive been getting phone calls daily for my company from the work they have done for me. Happy customer here.

4/9/14

spent a couple hours reading through this site and it seems my exact situation has been explained here MULTIPLE times by so many dissatisfied people. same thing; got a call from "Yodle Healthcare" regarding "new clients".....saw the presentation, said no thanks....representative "puts me on hold to speak with a manager" lowers the price....i say no thanks then the rep "gets his manager" again and comes back with another lower price

i say no for a final time, get insulted by the glorified telemarketer tough guy on the other end

i see ** repeatedly responding to the SAME ISSUES over and over again....poor guy, probably has pre-types responses that he cut and pastes to reply to all the angry customers

**[personal information redacted by admin]

4/8/14

I couldn't be happier about the increase of clients since signing on with Yodle. Each step of the way was supported by terrific staff. Response to any questions or concerns I have are answered immediately by real people. Lovely.

4/7/14

Yodle personnel are highly knowledgeable in website development. They offer one of the most professional website development teams I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Fees can be on the high side, but the end result is a highly respected website with professional ad development for your site. I highly recommend considering their services.

4/3/14

the staff at yodle provided me with all the answers i needed to start a new account with them. within hours my site was up and running and leads started to come in within a week. I closed business from the advertising which justified paying for it. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional they were. job well done! I would definitely recommend them if you're looking to establish more web presence.

4/3/14

I stand behind my one star rating, just read any other review and that is what happened. If you question anything you get excuses, which to a certain extent I can agree with. However, the bottomline is the bottomline sort-to-speak and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for it. Just a big hassle with a lot of excuses.

Actually, I would gladly give a detailed account, but I feel like I've just been ripped off for 1350 dollars for three months of nothing. I have read other one and two star reviews and can say that I experienced the exact same situation. NO RESULTS!

4/2/14

I am a solo attorney who was running my own Google Adwords campaign up until a month ago. I ranked in the top 3 spots for both divorce and child custody on Adwords. From that campaign, I was averaging about 60 new leads per month with about 10 turning into paying clients. Then one week after I purchased a few new domain names, I noticed I was starting to get click bombed every morning. That's when Yodle started calling. The sales representative, Matthew Sanford, and his manager GUARANTEED me that Yodle would outperform my previous campaign. How could a professional advertising company not? The said. Fast forward one month later, I paid them $1000. They generated about twenty "leads" all of which were worthless and mostly not specific to my area of law or out of my geographic area. They blame the fact that I am moving my office (about 10 miles), which I told them when they were persuading me to sign up. During my month contract, I tried to give them suggestion, such as keywords that had performed great for me in the past and how to allocate my budget, but Yodle representatives (always some different) told me these could not be implemented. How does Yodle plan to honor the guarantee they made me? I don't know because they ignore my emails. The link to my Yodle Agreement is also mysteriously broken.

I have seen worse advertising companies out there. If you are completely clueless about the internet and have absolutely zero web presence, then this might be a good introductory company for you. But if you are capable of reading an Ehow to article, then stay away!

4/2/14

Stay away. just a scam to get your card number. Had to call fraud protection to get them to stop billing me.

4/1/14

Everything Yodle has done for me has been really good. I have no problem with the website and I can get on the phone with any of the support team and they’ll always be a lot of help. It doesn’t matter if it’s an hour conversation – Yodle will take time and nobody cuts me off. I’ve spent more money on advertising before and never gotten the results I am now. I think their monitoring system is awesome. I never miss a call because of it. Overall, the website has easily paid for itself.

4/1/14

Hilary Scott from Yodle is doing all she can to help my ads be successful.She cares about my small business and will try whatever it takes to make it happen.It is only two months but I see the benefits alreay.

3/28/14

I have been using Yodle for only one month, but have gotten a really great response.
I never expected to get such great results in such a short time. I am really happy with Yodle.

3/27/14

After a3 month trial I wasn't getting much from the service.I paid 195 monthly.so I then called and canceled.then 2months later they took 195 out of my bank account.I called and was told it was canceled but I had an outstanding balance.really don't know how 3 months equal up to 4 payments.I would never use them again.now going to the bank to see if I can get my money back.stay away from these crooks

3/26/14

Since signing up with Yodel we've received essential leads that pumped much needed resources into our Carpet & Furniture Cleaning Business. The Yodel Staff we've encountered was very informative and helpful unlike many other marketing agencies they listen to your needs and deliver.

Reggie B. Senior Tech
BFC Carpet Cleaning

3/26/14

The only new business they generated were wrong numbers. Their customer service is terrible. There answer to all problems is to spend more money.

3/25/14

Alright! So this is kind of a crazy story. The very first lead with Yodle has generated over $190,000 in profit just in the last 4 months. I know that sounds crazy, but it did happen. We setup a google ad words campaign with a 20 mile radius for IT Outsourcing and the first generated lead was this new client. I was blown away. I think the thing to remember is that it can be a hit an miss with advertising, but that's with any company. The important thing is to continue fine tuning your ads and Yodle is always willing to work on that to make sure you get the response that you need. If you don't advertise and position yourself, don't expect to get business online. Such an important need for small businesses. Kudos Yodle for what you are doing and thank you for that first lead :).

Cheers!
www.teknagy.com

3/25/14

I’ve seen excellent results using Yodle. I really like that you hear a Yodle jingle before the person is actually on the phone to let you know that the advertising is working. It shows they looked up the website and gave us a call. A lot of things out there – you don’t know if they’re working. With this, you get immediate acknowledgement that it IS working. That’s the most awesome thing for me.

3/23/14

My results with yodle have been 100% positive,i have had a lot of bad experiences with other companies before I signed with them,so I made sure I did some research and I liked what I saw,i am glad I did sign up with them they lived up to the hype,yodle has been great about following up with us,they have been extremely helpful,i have nothing but positive things to say about this company.

3/21/14

I have been working with Jeanie Isenhour on my Yodle campaign- we launched in Dec.
and things have been moving better than I had expected.Jeanie immediately instilled a quite confidence in me that the program would be successful. I can attest to the fact that she was correct. I have a growing base of contacts, more requests for my specific target, and with her excellent guidance thru the regular reviews, her team suggestions and tweaks on word choices I see this endeavor to be extremely positive and profitable.

3/21/14

I signed up for three month trial and have been completely dissatisfied. They create a mini site with a phone number they monitor. I immediately started getting calls from wrong numbers all over the country. By the end of three months, thanks to their online tracking system it is crystal clear that they really don't care much about customer service. Literally 90% of the calls I got were wrong numbers. The leads I got, which were few did not convert but I'm ok with that. Some things take time but a 90% failure rate because they assigned me a number with a history is unacceptable. When I demanded a substantial portion of my 1600 bucks back they offered my 92 bucks for the cost of the calls. They went on and on about all the work they'd done for me. Yesterday their rep claimed they had fixed the problem one month after I complained about it but had nothing to say about two more months of wrong numbers. At one point he actually suggested that I was getting calls from people in my area who had actually recently moved and that explained the phone numbers. So if you follow along here the calls I got, asking to speak to some other company entirely, on the other side of the country, were actually good leads. I think I paid more than enough money to test their claims and for me, saw a 90% failure rate. Then the rep tried to give me some baloney about how advertising works. Having been in the advertising business for about 25 years I had to explain to him that a 90% failure rate would actually not bode well for keeping a customer. I have been told numerous times that they attempted to contact me to address these issues but there are no voicemails or emails. Yesterday the rep told me he would get back to me in an hour and a half to address my complaint..........................nope, nada. No doubt there are happy customers out there or they would not be the size they are, but if you have issues I don't think you will be getting the support you expect or deserve.

3/20/14

So far, for our construction company, Yodle has been a solid investment. We have
Been receiving at least 2 leads per week if not per day.
In the beginning, I did receive multiple H&R Block calls, but as we were tweeking all
Our info and giving it time to work, it has paid off for us. They also credited our
Account for all the H&R Block clicks. The only complaint I have is that we want the traffic going to our website and logo, and not to their site, but its understandable that
They also need to be able to track all traffic. But- at the 3 month mark- SO FAR SO GOOD. I will make sure to update my review if anything changes.

3/18/14

Yodle exceeded our expectations! In hopes to grow our plumbing business in Houston, we gave Yodle a try. Our sales rep, Robert C., explained EVERYTHING about Yodle and how together our business would grow. In the first month, the leads came in and the phone rang.... brining in tracked revenue of $4,000 over our forecast for the month. Our second month was even better!

We trust and believe in Yodle so much that we are now on our second business venture and turned to Yodle for our marketing. In our first three weeks thus far, we have had over 200 web visits. Exposure is everything to a start-up! If you're considering Yodle, we highly recommend them!

3/18/14

I cannot stress enough how important Yodle has been to Half Dental. We had a different company providing SEO services with no results. After switching to Yodle we saw an immediate increase in web traffic and new clients. Let me break it down:

Sales Staff - absolutely incredible! Jacob Cutler takes a very personal approach to helping determine how we should approach the marketing for each new office. He has NEVER treated my like a customer, but acts like a valued partner.

Support Staff - Jeffrey McDowell and his team are incredibly responsive to Half Dental's needs and makes changes faster than an internal IT team. He takes the time to insure our business goals are addressed . . . THEN HE ACTUALLY MAKES IT HAPPEN!

Results - Yodle's SEO work for Half Dental is responsible for 40% of our new patients. Yodle is the single most valuable asset in our marketing quiver.

If you are looking to improve your company's online presence you can choose no better partner than Yodle.com

3/18/14

My company UCALL&IHAUL Moving Services has been advertising with Yodle for more than a year and have received a great deal of new customers. These have been advertising dollars well spent, thanks Yodle!

3/17/14

I've had my company on the site since the middle of Feb. looking to grow my business with monthly accounting/payroll services. Right now we're getting a lot of income tax work which has been great. The next phase will be to see how well we do with the monthly work. Thumbs up, Yodle and keep the customers coming!

3/15/14

I've been using yodle's services for well over two years. They have been professional, courteous and extremely helpful. Joshua Robinson and the folks at yodle have been very attentive to my companys needs, always making sure my site is up and running attracting new customers for me. What can I say, my phone rings, I am busy...all thanks to the guys at yodle! I receive calls from other marketing firms on a regular basis. I tell them no thank you...I'm staying with yodle!

3/13/14

Joshua is very attentive and really helps me use this tool to market my business. I definitely have seen a big increase in our SEO. I would highly recommend using Yodel and having Joshua as your rep.

3/10/14

I own a real estate agency and have been with Yodle for about 2 months now. What I love the most is that the results are fast, I started getting calls and web visits almost immediately. I also like that its scalable – I can start out small and increase spend as I go, getting a really good return on my investment.

3/8/14

First month got one good lead in the 3rd month now nothing but sales calls and wrong numbers also the reps had a hard time giving me the right area code for the number that they put on the website she just had some random area code not a great experience

3/7/14

I enrolled for a trial 3 month contract and was delighted with the results. We got 15 contacts with two turning into clients. This is in the first two weeks of the contract. So far so good. I need two more clients to break even and after that it is gravy!! I will write another review at the end of our 3 month contract. Wish me luck!!

3/7/14

I’ve been getting a lot more calls since using Yodle. I like that I can track everything, see where the calls are coming from and follow up on any calls that I miss. What I like the best is that the team is always trying to encourage me and give me new ideas to try; they want me to be the best out there.

3/7/14

just started with Yodle and have been very happy so far. I got a few calls already and I know that I’m getting good exposure. I like how fast Yodle accommodated my specific needs, including customizing the website for me to better show what I do. I’m not very good with the computer and they’ve been super awesome and patient with walking me through the basics, they’ve helped me to market myself better.
J. Mann,
Tampa Florida

3/6/14

I started with Yodle about 2 months ago and I am very happy with the results so far. People are very nice and professional, they really care for my business success. They have been constantly in contact with me, about the website, the leads, bad calls, good calls. They were able to create a wonderful website. They offered me a variety of options to increase my business sales, and come up with an affordable package for my business. So far my business has been showing some positive results. I'm able to see and track results on my dashboard. Hopefully it will continue increasing my business.

3/2/14

We signed up for Yodle 7 months ago. We have received nothing but sales calls from companies trying to set us up with the same service. When I told Yodle reps this they just pushed t hat off as 'it happens ' . We received no leads and it was a major waste of our money. When calls did come in from Yodle they were always some errant number. I screen calls so if I don't recognize a number you get my vm. Consequently they never heard back from me. When I would call them all I received was a message. I have no time for games. If you are such a big company you can afford workers. Answer your phone!

I also was overcharged. I was told I had 6 months of service for $600 then $100 a month after that. I did not receive but 5 months of initial service prior to the additional monthly fee. Finally my bank sent me a new credit card because of the Target disaster with stolen data. So when they tried to run the card again it was declined. Now they have cut off our services. Thank goodness. Glad that is over. I own a small business and we will look for a replacement company to work with that is local and hands on moving forward. I want someone I can meet and interact with in person and who can know something about our comoany.

2/28/14

My contact manager Kate is great. She is always very helpful and we appreciate everything she does for our company

2/27/14

Promised the world and severely under delivered. I would recommend that you stay away from this service as the cost is not worth it. I gave the service an ample amount of time to provide results and all I received were wrong number calls and hang ups. I am here to discuss my experience and it was a poor one and I wouldn't want others to experience what I have. There are other ways to market yourself and I recommend you visit other avenues.

2/25/14

My name is Jim McNair owner of McNair Cabinet Installations I have been with Yodle for about a month and it is worth every penny. My phone doesn't stop with good leads. We went from steady to being very busy. The customer service is second to none. I would recommend that any small businesses that are wanting to grow call Yodle.

2/25/14

Scott has been working very hard to make us happy. Follow up is outstanding. We have only be active for less than a month and the phone traffic has already picked up. We love the notification we get when a call comes from Yodle. So easy to track the calls and the customer gets that message before we answer that this call will be recorded. This helps our image. I can't wait to see the success we will have after another month. I will keep posting our progress

2/24/14

I have had a fantastic return on investment with Yodle. They have been very professional and doubled my business in 3 months. My marketing consultant Kerry has done a superb job at working with me and my budget to grow my company. I actually had so many phone calls I couldn't keep up. Thanks Kerry and Yodle!

2/24/14

Scam! Terrible ROI. No leads converted. Received almost all wrong number calls or telemarketers trying to sell me services related to my field. Very generic website. Have no ability to change concepts or have anything interesting. Their SEO is very poor and strategies are outdated. Their only strategy is to have your name and city making your information very robotic. They have 40 other of your competitors in the same city using the same algorithms. I told them I did not want to continue and they charged me again for another month, now I am dealing with accounting to try and refund my money. Then to cancel and keep your website you have to pay them $250 when you mad $0 money off $1,700 of worthless marketing...

2/24/14

My ROI on this has been tremendous. There is lots of snake oil out there... especially on the internet, but these guys have always delivered for me.

2/22/14

The staff at Yodle has been consistent, and professional. The services have been valuable and we have certainly experienced a true return on investment.

2/21/14

We had Yodle handle our web marketing for almost a year. The results were far, FAR less than they promised. We made it clear we had a limited budget and they assured us they'd work with it.

1. They set up their landing website which was very generic, but never told us to provide them with content (i.e. profiles, FAQ's etc) until about 5 months later when I had called to ask them to change some things. The individual asked me why I had never provided content and I told him no one said I could or asked me to.

2. We have our own domain and website, but they did not use it and set up content on their own domain. We had been using Google Adwords for many months and Yodle never mentioned this was a problem, again, until about 5 months after they had started marketing with us. The service guy from Yodle explained that we were essentially competing with Yodle in our adwords buy -- NO ONE had mentioned this at Yodle when we started with them.

3. Because they set up their own domain (which they will not give ownership to you), Google ends up dropping your organic search ratings because they see two domains pointing to the same company.

I ended up cancelling them and raising hell. They finally settled out by refunding the last three months of service and running our ad-site with them for the next 3 months, but frankly, it was simply a wash for us. I really felt they had zero clue what they were doing with us.

On the other hand, if you have ABSOLUTELY NO WEB PRESENCE, then Yodle is probably a good start for you. Just make sure you know exactly what they are going to do and bargain them down in price. Their "plans" are very flexible in price and they will try to stick you into a high-priced plan, but don't go for it. You will find they will bend as much as 50% on those prices.

2/19/14

It was the most tremendous online experience that I have ever had. The showed me the objective on what they were going to try to accomplish. Modified my website within 3 days. I had 10 sales within 4 days later that pays for the service for the next 1 yr. by itself. Highly Recommend this team and process, very large bang for the buck!!

2/14/14

Re: YODLE.com. A Yodle sales person called me and went through his presentation. He was a very pushy used car sales man type. When I said I have a $500 monthly budget he became very rude and said his company could not help me.

About Yodle
Specialties & Business Description
Yodle provides local online marketing solutions to small businesses. Yodle’s platform includes desktop- and mobile-optimized websites, search engine optimization, optimized paid search advertising across desktop and mobile outlets, and consistent distribution to dozens of local online directories – all transparently reported in an online dashboard. Yodle also offers retention marketing services.

Yodle has 40,000+ local business customers, with the company's biggest value proposition coming from the scale of its local performance data across multiple industries. Yodle has five offices that are located in New York, Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte and Scottsdale. Yodle is ranked #28 in the Forbes list of America’s most promising companies.
Meet the Business Representative