US Government's NSF

info@yodle.com

544 Reviews for Yodle.com

Review Highlights

marcosr

My average click costs were more than 3x what I was paying before.

saml7

To date there $50 average lead cost is at $246.00.

ss2

When you enroll in their program, you must sign a 3-month contract.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

rong36
10/1/14

We are very pleased with the response and professionalism we've experienced with Yodle. I honestly feel that they are part of our team: both of us working together to make good things happen. With Yodle, we are definitely getting our money's worth!

Tip for consumers: Do not expect miracles to happen overnight. It takes time, patience, and dedication to your final goal. Effective marketing is an evolutionary process: one good step at a time.

erikm30
9/22/14

As a business man I am always skeptical about parting with money when it comes to advertising/promotion of my business. I have spent a great deal of money in the past with no measurable return when I advertised with other companies.

Yodle is the exception, I love Yodle. Every dime I spend with Yodle is a dime well spent.

michaelm135
9/21/14

Bad.

They sold me 3 websites in three different areas. They told me "they don't have to look good, they just have to get people to call you." OK, well then I didn't get the calls or the emails coming in.

As a result I tried to cancel their services. They kept me on the phone for 45 minutes trying to talk me into "giving them another chance." I told them "no." and that I would be getting another company on board to take over the domain names.

I sent an email requesting the domain name transfer. The following week I get a response phone call saying that they are going to sell me my domain names for $199 each. "What?! They are my domain names and you were the ones that told me I needed three, which by the way didn't work. Now you are holding them ransom?!" Apparently, yes.

Stay away from this company, please.

There are a few companies that promise on what they deliver; there are several companies that will promise you the moon and then graciously bow out when they can't deliver. And then there is Yodle that breaks promises and adds insult to injury.

nicoleb17
9/21/14

My only regret is I did not read the reviews before I signed up with this company. They are difficult to deal with and do not deliver on their promises. Under any circumstances do not sign up with this company and waste your hard earned money. I have been trying to cancel my account and as to date a manager is not available to handle my account. What a run around.

sabrinab9
9/19/14

We've been using Yodle for pay per click and it works! We've expanded our practice, both in number and practice area using Yodle and we recommend it.

nelsonn5
9/18/14

Since we started using Yodle two weeks ago our experiences with the entire staff has been wonderful because they are very professional and they do follow up to complete the entire process.

radonnag
9/11/14

We have only been using Yodle for 2 months. We have a small house cleaning business and I can't afford to waste money being fooled by some smooth talking salesperson. I have seen the reviews about Yodle but wanted to give them a try after speaking to the rep and learning about their new Marketing Essentials product. I agreed to give it a try and have not been disappointed.

What I like about Yodle:

1. Great Customer service - I have yet to call and not get help with so any of my questions
The reps were friendly and professional.
2. User Friendly - I have found this to be very good at lead generation. Everything is laid out. You can see on your dashboard how you are doing with Web Content, Social Presence, Reputation and Communication. Yodle sends you reminders to do things like take pictures of before and after, Send out reviews for clients to rate your service or product.
3. Value - Yodle has paid for it's self for us since we purchased it. Granted it's only been two months but hey that's two months we haven't had to pay. We find Yodle is great for the front end of marketing. (Lead Generation). I really like the fact that they have follow up e-mails, Thank you e-mails, etc. Once the template is made it is so easy to do. I'm not sure who out there is offering all of this for one monthly fee and no additional sign up fees.
4. All in One - You can review recordings of incoming calls, I found this great for training. You receive a telephone number that you can actually track to see how many calls your company is receiving based on the Yodle advertisement. There is the ability to see what pages potential clients used to find your company. Storing contacts and conversations, and much more. It is very easy of Use - I don't have to go to bing, YP, local, etc to make updates. Once I update on Yodle with my pictures, reviews, etc. they automatically populate my business FB page and everywhere else.
6. ROI - Since starting Yodle tracking August 1, 2014 we have received a total of 28 traceable leads, 21 Phone call, 4 Emails, and 3 clicking on our online coupon. Of those 28 leads we have made 10 sales and 5 upcoming appointments.

Yodle might not be for every company but for us it's a great fit right now.

jamelab
9/10/14

YODLE IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!!!! Their salesmen are top grade, and they will constantly call with their sales school tactics to swindle you into agreeing to advertise with them. We fell for the hype of them increasing business for us as they promised we would receive 20-40 new customers and averaging 20k to 40k in increased revenue! Guaranteed water heater jobs are what the salesman promised...never got any. We had calls come in but they were not quality. There were a total of 8 calls only 1 generated $180.00 revenue. We received a bunch of solicitation calls from other SEO companies trying to get us to advertise with them. A lot of useless calls that lead no where! We never received verification for google as yodle said we would. Salesman said we would profit $1000 minimum a month, to guarantee the advertising campaign with them paid for itself...LIE! We never found ourselves on the first page of Google! We googled plumbers in our area and never came up. We have definitely gained more wrong number calls or customers from far ranging service areas. Calling in to complain has just gotten us passed from representative to representative. Save yourself the headache with these guys.

Tip for consumers: Read reviews with any company you use! Beware of salesmen that call you more than your children, once they get your billing information the calls stop! Only thing that gets them 2 stars is there yodle dashboard that allows you to see calls that come in...eventhough most of the calls are bad calls.

melissal33
9/9/14

We are an Interior Design Studio in Miami. From the time that we originally purchased, which was in March, no one from Yodle ever cared to check on the status of our marketing campaign, until I reached out to them in September to cancel.

From March to September, we only received 8 leads, and all of them were wrong numbers, solicitors, or contractors looking for work. The SEO keywords that they focused on were so irrelevant for our business, and we weren't even ranked in the top 35 for any of these keywords on Google over a period of 6 months.

Yodle billed us on the 5th of the month and I cancelled on the 7th, and they refused to give me a refund or even a prorated amount for the month.

I spoke with one customer service rep, and 2 account managers, Sheila Kelly & Chuck McCann. They were actually very nice but couldn't resolve my billing issue.

Tip for consumers: Good for small business that are just starting out and do not have a website or online presence. We already have a great website, and the adversite they made for us was very standard and not impressive. Also it's very confusing to clients when you search for your business name and two different websites come up.

jennifers103
9/4/14

Our small law firm uses Yodle and we couldn't be happier! Initially, we thought they may be like a lot of other advertising internet companies that make wonderful promises but often fail to deliver, especially after they've been paid. Not so with Yodle! We've been pleasantly surprised. They've got great customer service and really listen to what you want and quickly and efficiently work to make it happen. Their website dashboard helps us monitor our advertising and is very user friendly. All-in-all, a great service with great people!

wesleyy2
9/4/14

Yodle has definitely helped my business out tremendously. I've only been using it for about 8 months but I can tell this is going to be a long term commitment! The price is fair, the value is great, they always pick up when I call. Great and easy to work with!

jessicab56
9/3/14

We have used Yodle since 2009 with nothing but great success! They are easy to work with and respond very quickly to my requests! I highly recommend them if you are looking for a new and updated website!

rickd29
9/2/14

Prepare to be over promised, over sold, over charged and under served. There are lots of bells and whistles but no noise. I was very disappointed and then when I cancelled they charged me for an extra month.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared that when you want to get out they will try to over charge you.

devinm19
8/29/14

Yodle is simply AWESOME!!!!! We didn't really know about the products, tools and services they provide but our small company took a gamble and within just a few days, we have seen HUGE results not to mention the coaching, encouragement, and too many other perks to list in this review. I love it when they call to check-up on us, see how we are doing, and ask us how we can help reach our goals. Ryan N. and his team have been helpful beyond what I can explain. Yodle provides precise and easy to use tools for all businesses who want turn key action and plans for growth. If you are thinking of going with Yodle and follow their lead, it is simply a HOME RUN! We honestly can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

Tip for consumers: Listen to everything and go after what they tell you immediately. Organize your email campaign early.

richp18
8/27/14

Yodle is one of the best online promoters of your business I have seen awhile. From step one though the final product they guide you based around your business needs. Their customer service aspect is definitely world class and they are very motivated to help their customers. Bravo Yodle!.

Tip for consumers: The will work with any size business, but you get the biggest benefit with their full package.

donw17
8/27/14

I have tried several advertising, sales promotion, web site awareness, etc. companies for years to get leads and referrals. So far, Yodle is the only method that really works. I have received leads and converted some of them to new customers. The people at Yodle are professional, knowledgeable and really take ownership of my situation.

daveb83
8/26/14

After a high pressure sales pitch I relented and signed up. In this process I was required to turn over my google+ page to them. After 3 months I decided I wanted to control my online presence myself and we parted ways. I have repeatedly asked them to either delete my google+ page or turn managership over back to me. It has been about a month and they have done neither. DO NOT SIGN OVER YOUR BUSINESS GOOGLE PLUS PAGE TO THESE GUYS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SIGN OVER YOUR BUSINESS GOOGLE PLUS PAGE TO THESE GUYS!
As long as you are signed up with them the service is good but beware when you decide to take control of your online destiny from them.

greggs10

YODLE IS SUCCESSFUL!

We have been in business for 16 years. We have tried other Marketing Companies and had little success. Yodle has shattered all other competition. When it comes to Marketing, we have had record breaking months. For what they charge, we get a great return on our Investment. The Custmer Service is dynamic in all aspects.

carlm33
8/26/14

We have been with Yodle / Google since July 2014. We have received several telephone calls - and we have closed three (3) contracts - one of the jobs will finish this week. One of the jobs will start this week. The third job should start next week. We are pleased with the quality of the calls we received - we are currently talking with three other possible contracts - one looks very promising. Homeowners who make the telephone call to us are looking for someone to do the work and tend to be serious about having work done. Now that we are closing one job - we look forward to additional telephone calls and the opportunity for additional projects.

Tip for consumers: We recommend that the site include as many pictures of previous projects as possible. Also, the site should include all four and/or five references that are available.

arnonw
8/26/14

The service people were great!!! Listening to phone calls and reviewing with staff was great. Unfortunately, the leads simply didn't materialize, and at that cost I'd expect better results.

judithr6
8/22/14

YODLE assisted our company greatly during our formative years.
The staff and services provided were definitely influential to our growth and success.

scottr38
8/21/14

We are getting a lot of calls, but few are quality. Most just want some quick, free legal advice, and are not interested in hiring any lawyer. Still, we have had a few decent ones and have actually picked up a few clients. On balance, the jury is still out on this one. We are not sure if it is even paying for itself. If it is, it is not by much. We are hoping to land some good clients that can be great repeat business, but we will see.

sanjayb3
8/20/14

I have done marketing for my law firm via tv commercials, websites, and radio ads. Yodle is by far the best service that I have ever used. I will strictly use Yodle from now on. I have referred friends to use yodle as well. My law practice is booming and I have to thank Wes Curry for his great advice. Business could not be any better!!!
Sanjay Biswas, Esq.
New Orleans, LA

armourr
8/15/14

To be honest, at first we were a little nervous about signing up with Yodle afraid of the risk we were taking to commit to an expensive 90 day trial period with access to our already existing online listings being granted to Yodle. It turns out that even with having a little technical difficulty with on of the online listings within that first 3 months, we still had calls pouring in! We couldn't keep up, it was crazy! Yodle has definitely proven to be worth every penny, not just in the successful results we have had with the customer leads alone, but also with the professionalism and wonderful customer care we have always received. They worked diligently and quickly to resolve the technical issues we were having. We are now opening another location for our business in the neighboring city and will definitely be calling Yodle to set up another advertising campaign, without hesitation. Yodle blows any other paid advertising we have tried out of the water!!!

allisonw12
8/15/14

Love yodel, love my rep Jimmy. My business is increasing by leaps and bounds
Thank you!
Aachen Tree Service

brandonl23
8/13/14

Yodle Created a Website for me that is Extremely Professional, which they use to Market my Company for me using Google Adwords and other Streams of Marketing. Saves me time and money, and they do a way better job than I could ever do. Highly Recommend them for marketing a Biz.

jessicam71
8/13/14

We just started using Yodle a couple months ago and our law firm has seen a significant increase in calls and clients.

Our representative Jimmy has been fantastic and very helpful! I would definitely recommend Yodle to others!

aliciak6
8/13/14

We work with Yodle and I find them very helpful in generating business and also very helpful when it comes to customer service. I really enjoy the fact that we chose to use them!!

nicg
8/13/14

We have had really great service with Yodle. The reps have changed a couple of times on us, but each one has made us feel like we are their number one client!

gregg144
8/13/14

Fantastic service any questions answered right there and then! I recommend Yodle to anyone who needs to pick up business in the area.Customer service is always friendly and helpful anytime I call.

chrisw72
8/12/14

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my site. It has been phenomenal in my area. I like the easiness of it and how user friendly it has become to do things like upload my own pictures.

mannyr
8/12/14

I've been working with Yodle since December of 2013. We closed a transaction in February 2014--which is quite fast in my line of work and not during the busy season. The reps have worked to maintain my success and leads are coming in via phone and email. There have been several other leads that have come in and I have closed a handful of clients from Yodle. So far it's worth it and profitable. In addition, I find local awareness of my brand has been increased and I am easier to find online. All good things so far and Yodle has continued to work to maintain and improve going forward. I recommend scheduling a monthly call with your rep to ensure you are getting the most out of the service and that you know the functions of the dashboard since Yodle is adding functions etc.

deweym24
8/11/14

Yodle talks one way before you give them your bank info then demand in a nice way to gain access to your other online connections over and over until I told them I was "Out" and demanded they close my account. a month goes by and the last person I talked to did'nt understand what I said. They get another $200.

heidiz
8/11/14

We have seen our small dental practice take off in the past few months while using Yodle. They are easy to reach when we need them and they make the process of marketing a breeze so we can focus on what we know best, TEETH!

marks181
8/11/14

The results I’ve seen are excellent. The first month was a little slow but after 3 to 4 months, it got a lot better. I’ve been with them for almost a year now. I feel like they care about my success and are there whenever I need them. They keep me busy all the time. My rep Steve Russell is there whenever I need him. Summary, Steve and Yodel rock!!!

barbarac32
8/11/14

My experience with Yodle has been exceptional. Great customer service. Always available to make changes. I highly recommend the service.

nancym42
8/5/14

I am a psychologist with small practice and my web site was way out of date. I wanted Yodle to help me put together an "adversite" (as in advertising, not adversity!) I was surprised and pleased to see how intelligently put together a generic site could be. Then it was also possible for me to customize it. I have not asked them to advertise the site yet but I can see that they have set me up to optimize my web presence. The customer service team has responded rapidly and pleasantly to all my requests. I could not be more pleased!

danah27
8/2/14

This company is using hard sell tactics to get agents to sign up. Here is their new trick, contact you through your Zillow or Trulia profile because they know you will answer the phone when you hear you have an incoming lead call right? Sales people won't take NO for an answer, very irritating.

denisep15
8/1/14

Emily B. at Yodle is the best of the best. She spends the time I need get answers to all my questions and works with me to get our website personalized to our satisfaction. She has a handle on the promotions that work and don't work within our field and gives solid marketing advice. Thank you, Emily!!!

Denise P.

chrish114
7/30/14

Everyone at Yodle that I've encountered has went beyond their limits to help us. James is awesome and goes out of his way to explain things to you. Yodle didn't work out for my company but not because of what Yodle was doing my company just went a different direction. I recommend them to anyone.

selmab
7/29/14

Yodle is great for getting more traffic flow to your business. Of course, the more people that know about your business the better opportunity for sales!!!

lfm
7/28/14

Yodle is a great company, They go above and beyond to satisfy customers needs, they definitely do what they say they're going to do to help advertise your company. Their employees are great and know exactly what they are doing. Shouts out to Lynn the rep out Austin who did a wonderful Job walking me through the whole process...Shouts out to all Yodle Employees as well.. If you need help marketing / advertising for you business, Yodle is your one stop shop....

tomn18
7/26/14

Awesome support team that makes it easy to do business. prompt response/knowledgeable staff/and ease of use dashboard I think I will be with them for a while. thanx Yodle

rodr194
7/25/14

Yodle did every thing they said they would do, I'm on the first page of google and bing. Also, if I have any questions or concerns they have addressed promptly. If you are looking for a company to help you succeed with online advertising Yodle is your answer.

meganl14
7/23/14

Just trust the feeling in your gut that says STAY AWAY, and do it. I've been with Yodle for 3 months (due to my agreement), and have gotten ONE lead, who did not show up to his appointment and wasted my time. I've dealt with numerous spam callers, time lost dealing with Yodle, frustrations over my Adversite being shown in search rankings rather than my actual website (which I spend a lot of time on!). I knew I should have stayed away, but was tempted by the alluring promises of the sales people. Don't lose your hard-earned money!

roberts178
7/21/14

Stay away. especially if you have an existing web site and good organic results. I signed up unaware that they take control of my domain name and tier adversite would compete with my own rankings. when the next day when I called and e-mailed for a refund- nothing no response. Plus they charged me for all 3 months up front rather than the 449 that I agreed to. When I finally got a hold of someone they refused to refund me because they had " done so much work for me already" all of which I asked them to not do immediately. Beware of Yodle their sails pitch is all about how they want a chance to prove them selves and partner with you.....wrong they just want your credit card info and then essentially steal your money.

sharmab
7/20/14

Completely ripped me off. Misleading unprofessional. $2,398.00 was the amount they ended with, did not do as they promised, made constant errors, but sure knew how to take my money and continue to take it. Wanting to stop their on-going charges for work they did not produce was met with their shifting blame to their customer. The worst "business" experience I have not experienced. What they initially told me would occur with my business
because of their help turned into a financial nightmare for which they accept no responsibility.

herbm
7/19/14

Complements to the folks at Yodle. Been with them for a few weeks and so far the service and ease of use are fantastic. They have delivered on all they promised thus far... an easy platform from which to connect with my client base, attract new business, market and manage my online presence and social media... Thanks Yodle.

calb28
7/18/14

Scam, please don't waste your money on this company, Just finish my 3 month try out and it got me 4 lead for $1500 and I make $450 in total sale, really bad on creating your web site, they call and call for you to sign and after they had collect the money it is hard to find them. I was never able to find my company ads in any internet site, for the price you are better going and advertise direct with google.

jeffa24
7/16/14

When I decided to work with Yodle, I was very skeptical. Spent $3000 per month on adwords on Google. Went with the same budget for our mental health clinic through Google. What impressed me with Yodle is the representative Meredith Jones. We spoke regularly and she has been very attentive to our needs and questions. The first month is scary-- until the program they use kicks in. Have seen a 40% increase in viable referrals to our group. This is a great service for people who have some marketing savvy, but not enough to be successful on Google. The biggest advantage is their attentiveness. Many companies spend time with you once, then collect your money. I feel like its a real partnership. I don't see anything that would be construed as negative-- more of an issue as an enterpreneur giving control to others. But it is working and have nothing but good things to say about Yodle. Dr. J Henderson, NV

Best Advertising Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber