US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

WyzAnt reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: (877) 999-2681
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More
Review of WyzAnt

WyzAnt reviews

71%
Categories: Education, Tutor
1714 N Damen Ave Ste 3N
Chicago, IL 60647-5578, USA
info@wyzant.com
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

katiec30

You can find my tutor profile on Wyzant to verify that. (in 221 reviews)

colleenf8

I am a tutor who receives over 90% of my students from WyzAnt referrals. (in 71 reviews)

paull11

All I can say is that this site is fantastic, customer service reps are 100% responsive and the management is great. (in 12 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

benjaminm43
3/31/16

Most of the tutors are not available. When I do find a tutor, after the first session WyzAnt removed her from the site.

sylviab18
3/20/16

The first one had (1) good experience then she cancelled minutes before the following session!!

The 2nd tutor we tried ended the first session after 15 min and said there was no charge. Horrible experience!!!

johnb563
3/17/16

Will was able to make the mechanisms and reactions very easy to understand and remember. Helped greatly with homework and for last minute studying! Definitely recommend!!!

rumanaj
3/13/16

Brian was awesome for biology tutoring

karenc126
3/13/16

I needed to find a math tutor for my daughter. Wyzant helped me locate a local tutor that had already been background checked and rated by other parents and students.

khoys
3/13/16

I had a huge assignment and like the average student I waited until the last minute. I had great help from a tutor who not only only took the time to explain but cared about the grade j received from the instructor. What a great experience.

edithc19
3/13/16

In the last 3 years I have hired three different tutors from Wyzant. All three focused on different subject areas and all were very knowledgeable. They all worked well with my son to help him understand and improve his grades. I would highly recommend using Wyzant to find a tutor for your child. I recommend reading about the tutors qualifications, purchasing the background check and meeting the tutors in a public place or somewhere you can monitor.

samk78
3/13/16

i was struggling then I did well on my test.

blainef10
3/13/16

Amazing resource When you need additional help with a subject a competent person is readily available I was a bit hesitant not knowing anyone who has used your service Presently surprised Was able to find an algebra 2 teacher to tutor me!!!! Amazing knowledge and amazing service I highly recommend

jills52
3/13/16

Shannon is way more than I expected for a tutor. My daughter and Shannon mesh well. She provides exceptional service. Will use her as long as necessary!

christinay6
3/13/16

Very helpful and resourceful.

victorl39
3/13/16

My tutor is helping me learn at my pace. The class material is saved for my tutoring session and reviews it with me and answers all my questions. I am really enjoying this. Thanks Melvin.

susano34
3/13/16

I have found WyzAnt to be very convenient and have always had very helpful tutors. My kids always are pleased with tutors.

brittneyj13
3/13/16

The tutor that I had was able to talk to me about concepts. When it came down to the organic problems in the chapter, she was unable to answer those questions and said she would get back to me. I am now going to contact my teacher for any questions that I have and no longer waist my money on a tutor who doesn't know the material well enough to tutor someone

karlj17
2/29/16

Found outstanding local math tutor fast.

lesliea15
2/27/16

Marsha is an excellent teacher for our 3rd grader. She is patient, knowledgeable and inspiring. I'm glad she was available when we made the decision to get a tutor.

joshc56
2/26/16

Grayson was very knowledgeable with Excell and that exactly what I needed. We were able to work through all my work and double check anwsers and formulas for errors. Will definitely hire him again.

lisao34
2/25/16

What more can I say I got an A on my assignment.

maryh183
2/25/16

After being out of the business world for 15 years raising family and taking care of older parents, I was shocked to find out how much technology grew. I knew I needed a tutor. Les is my tutor and he is so patient and kind. I signed up through another tutor company and was never contacted. With WyzAnt I received many tutor requests. I am very happy and satisfied.

alexanderf25
2/25/16

Very thorough. Very nice to listen to. Very patient.

lenes1
2/25/16

We are very satisfied with Liesel! My son feels so much better about Geometry since only meeting with Liesel two times! He has a much better understanding of the material & can understand her teaching much better that what he is taught at school! Thank you Liesel!

moniquer14
2/25/16

My tutor was professional, helpful and helped me improve my score greatly!

carolynj16
2/25/16

A pleasant experience with a very patient teacher.

elised6
2/25/16

My daughters Algebra 2 tutor has been fantastic. I'm very happy with her progress. Great selection of tutors to choose from.

kathyr56
2/25/16

We couldn't have been happier with the tutor we found through Wyzant. Reading reviews from past students was very helpful
In choosing the right fit.

kimberlyj37
2/22/16

So far my experience using WyzAnt has been wonderful. It has made scheduling and paying for my daughters Violin Lessons smooth and easy.

marciam17
2/22/16

Our tutor Alex seemed to be what the doctor ordered. He is everything anybody should be looking for in a tutor. Punctual, accommodating to your schedule, and happy to answer questions off the clock if necessary. Very satisfied.

emilyh50
2/21/16

Learns a lot and had fun

hayaa3
2/21/16

I have learn with Belcha first time to exolain statistics that i could understand before. After that i really get benefits from touturing.

jamied46
2/21/16

My tutor provided very knowledgable information which resulted in a 97 for my college US govt class

ericp50
2/21/16

found tutor within 30 minutes. had first session in a few days later... scheduled some more immediately afterward.... chat feature on App is awesome!

petep31
2/21/16

Alex Jordan has been superb in getting me back to where I used to be before I became ill. He is patient and very well versed in his field. He is an excellent teacher.

louised29
2/21/16

I was able to get my grandson tutored so he could understand and proceed with calculus. It was a very positive outcome and we will continue to use your services from time to time.

tonyam13
2/21/16

I needed a tutor to help my daughter get a science paper done and I was very pleased with the results

kimberlyc46
2/21/16

I was very pleased with the service that my son received. The tutor was very knowledgeable in the subject . Great Job.

juliah48
2/21/16

Got a math tutor for my daughter. She was so helpful. She really went the extra mile.
Thanks.

jennifers215
2/21/16

Super experience with finding a chemistry tutor for my son! Knowledgeable, professional and patient!!

valenciak
2/21/16

The site was easy to use. I found a fantastic tutor who seems to be a good fit for my son. I like not having to exchange money with the tutor. Having the money debited works well. So far I am satisfied.

julier50
2/21/16

I was very nervous to try Wyzant because who wants to invite some stranger and potential psycho into your home to tutor your child. But, we met our tutor and she is great and the site is actually really easy to use and you pay online so you don't need to remember to write a check when they come. The only problem I had is that I clicked not to receive inquiries from other tutors, but I got probably 30 people writing me. I would read the tips on the site before picking a tutor to ensure you don't give out too much personal info and make sure you have an adult present at all times. But, our tutor has really helped and is flexible and the site is easy to use so I'm glad I did it.

maryb262
2/21/16

We were very happy with Nicole. She was extremely helpful and my daughter was comfortable with her. We would use WyZant again. The service is a wonderful resource. Thank you!

ashtonp2
2/21/16

Quick responses led us to the perfect tutor for our son for Senior Anatomy - he's already turned his grades from F to A!

stephaniek54
2/21/16

It was super easy to find any kind of tutor!

bobk62

Bill is great as al ayd

ibrahima102
2/9/16

I had my tests on the way and needed some tutoring. I came here looking for a tutor that would benefit me. This app is truly trustworthy, I guarantee you that you will find an excellent tutor. It is not like the other scamming apps. There are many positive reviews to back this up. Enjoy!!

lucillet5
2/9/16

Your staff is very helpful and James is an excellent tutor.

roxannec4
2/9/16

My experience was fine. Please don't bug me.

alisonk9
2/6/16

It was so easy to find a great tutor!

tracyo14
2/6/16

I have used WyzAnt to find a tutor my daughter in math when we lived in Virginia and was very pleased. We moved recently to Ohio and I used WyzAnt again to find a math and physics tutuor for my daughter,again with great results

salc12
2/5/16

I have always needed a little push in the right direction and I have found that typee of help here at WyzAnt! Whenever I get stuck with a project I come here to figure out what it isd that I need to do to give me more insight to the project at hand and always find someone to help me get in the right direction when I get stuck! Best service!

angelah59
2/5/16

Easy, Safe, Excellent Options

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WyzAnt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/21/16
Answer
carole74
A: Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.
3/23/16