US Government's NSF
1st Review:
overt

67 Reviews for Watch33.com

Review Highlights

Very poor customer service and the reviews are scary.

I expected the watch to arrive the next day or the following at the latest.

i sent an email requesting an update on the watch and its delivery.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

11/15/09

My purchase was an Omega ladies watch made on the 8th November; the watch was received on the 11th. I had the watch certified by a high street jeweller on the 14th as my only concern (due to the fantastic prices) was the authenticity of the watch. The watch was genuine and I saved a lot of money going to Watch33, should I ever need to purchase another watch I will of course use Watch33.

Jenn

11/15/09

I bought the wifes birthday gift from watch33 on the 4th November (Wednesday) and received the watch on the 6th. I was impressed by the speed of delivery and customer service was great as I needed to clarify dimensions of the watch. I am a fussy buyer and would definatley purchase from watch33 again.

11/14/09

My summary - excellent products at fantastic prices but they need to work on communication and delivery time, over 2 wks in my case. The point being that I still got a fantastic watch with a 47% saving over RRP!!!!

In Detail:
I decided to buy a watch to celebrate the birth of my 2nd son and to be an heirloom for him. After a good while researching watch33 and others, including phone calls with Matt at Watch33, I placed an order for a Tag Heuer Carrera on 13th October and recieved conformation emails asap.

The item said in stock and fed ex delivery so I got concerned when 7 days later there was no news. I emailed them and got a response from Matt apologising and saying the item was due for shipping in 2 days and that the delays we due to higher than expected demand

2 days later still nothing, it was actually another 7 days before I got the email from fed ex confirming dispatch and the tracking. As my watch was being shipped from the states it took another 3 days for delivery.

Both myself and my wife run our own businesses and from my dealings and conversations with them, Matt and David do seem to be very genuine and are trying to to cope with a business which has only just launched and is suffering from having poor information from their suppliers, unexpected levels of demand meaning its hard to cope with operating the business as well as answering all the queries on delivery dates for existing orders.

I would recommend to do as I did which is to wait it out and you should be as happy as I am.

I don't normally do reviews but as I had the same concerns and reservations as everyone else I thought you'd like to know that mine proved to be unfounded and yes I will be recommending this site and using it again.

Paul L
Hertford

Hello,

First, please, excuse my very bad English, because I am French and therefore my English is not actually fluent.....
About Watch33. com, I have to recognize Matt is a very nice person, who answer my mails, and, because of a delay of his supplier (ESQ), he proposes me a full refund.
I think he is very honest and he tries to do his best to fulfilled his customers. Indeed, he sent me several mails, to explain the reasons of the delay of my order.
Eventually, "wait & see" : I am now decided to keep my order on, and I am sure Matt and his colleague will do their best to ship my order in the next days.

Best regards,

A French buyer.

11/13/09

I have ordered a watch from this website on the 14th October. I received a confirmation email with an order number and another email to say the order was being processed - payment was taken from my account the same day. I have not received the watch. I have sent several emails but got no reply. I tried phoning the company and am only getting an answering machine. My advice to everyone is DO NOT USE THIS SITE or its associated sites of which there are another two who say they are selling jewelry and another selling sunglasses. Be very, very careful - I think this may be a scam.

Please , any advise! . I want to refund me because I will be away on 25th/11 and no one can collect my watch (160£)

Update:

Nidal,

We simcerely apologise for the lack of communication with regard to yourorder. Your watch was one of a quantity of stock ordered from our Seiko vendor onThursday 15th October due to high demand. This stock has still not arriveddespite contact with our vendor on numerous occasions. As requested wehave issued a full refund to your card, for the amount of £163.95 (refundtransaction code REFNQ14WE11330369-25956-F29). Regards,
Matt
WATCH33.com

Thanks Matt

11/13/09

I used this site recently and was genuinely suprised at the number of negative reviews I have come across. My experience was 100% positive! I ordered a Tissot T-Classic Watch on November 6th. The watch is over £50 cheaper than on most other websites and arrived with me yesterday (12th November), just as described. Overall an excellent website with easy-to-use layout, providing quality watches at prices seemingly much lower than elsewhere. The delivery time of 5 days during the UK postal strikes is also much quicker than expected! I will certainly be returning if i ever purchase another watch.

11/13/09

I ordered a Tag Heuer watch which cost me £350 less than the store. Shipping was a bit slow however a great price for a great watch..... Will be back to shop here for my families christmas gifts

11/13/09

One of the best prices on the net even though took a while to come at the end of the day I got my watch and I couldn't be happier!!!!!

Update 3

A week since my last update and I am sorry to say that there has been no further action from the last email sent from WATCH33. No sign of action from Fedex. Matts promises are unfulfilled (ive not checked the refund) as much as would like to stick with them, they are not providing a satisfactory service!! All I require is simple communication and a more personal service.
Come on boys get your act together.

ill keep you posted.

Update 4

Got an email today stating I have been refunded !! 5 weeks later!! I think they have employed a cust svc rep and they have made many excuses!!
Not checked refund but purchased same watch elsewhere http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/s...er-p-5211.html
£40 cheaper and free next day delivery!!! Authorised dealer.

11/13/09

Despite being assured that I would receive a telephone call from your company yesterday evening and after leaving more e-mails and telphone messages this morning, I have still not heard anything about my order from this company, perhaps leaving a message on this site will prompt them to answer me, as I can see from the MD Matt that you are concerned about bad reviews on this site......................I wait to hear and will update continuously until I do Update: True to Matts word I have received my watch you would think good but no I ordered a Tag heuer alarm watch the instruction booklet that came with this was the wrong one, once again I have tried to contact both Matt and David but NO response it is basically beyond a joke and will have to take matters further, also my guarantee card was not stamped so that means I have no international guarantee with Tag Heuer if noone comes back to me soon I will go back to trading standards

11/12/09

Matt silversides phoned me this morning about my order with them and explained the situation of delays with some delivery. i was quite pleased that he phoned as i really wanted some reassurance.he was very polite and confident with what he is doing. i have given him credit and he proved me wrong as i thought that i was conned. i have not yet received my watch but i am prepared to wait and considering placing another order for my wife's christmas present. lets give him a chance. A young man with a new company and doing better deals than most of them online and on the high street. will deal again

11/12/09

Found this whilst looking for the site again. I need to order another watch. The watch I ordered came after 4 days of ordering and I saved a lot of money. I am using them again

11/12/09

It should get 0 stars! I ordered from Watch33.com10/10/09 I'm still waiting for my watch. It's the same story of emails and phone messages that go unanswered. It could be a scam or just really a rubbish company, either way avoid this site!!!

11/12/09

When enquiring about watches I got a number of quick responses from "David." The watch I ordered showed "in-stock." I expected the watch to arrive the next day or the following at the latest. I then emailed sales and support each day for a confirmation of delivery date but have never received any reply. I also tried calling but just get their answering machine where I also left a message. This is worrying - guess it's time for some action...

UPDATE: Done some digging around and qpjewellers.com and sunglassesden.com may be the same umbrella company. All are in Rotterdam House, 116 Quayside Newcastle Upon Tyne. I tried all the telephone numbers and I get the same message. I found xscommerce.com share the same address and tried calling them - and surprise surprise got an answering machine. Doesn't look good.

UPDATE 2: Some questions:
1. Why is the post that was there this morning from Matt Silversides now missing?
2. I sent a question about a watch to watch33 this morning from a email address and name I created (I didn't want to use my own as this gets ignored) and I got a reply almost immediately from David. Why do they have time for new business but not for existing customers?
P.S. I have copied the promise and commitment that Matt made in getting their act together - if requested I will post it here.

UPDATE 3: Another week has gone by and despite numerous emails, I have heard nothing from watch33. I find it difficult to believe anything they say and if I could, I would cancel my order and rather pay the extra and go somewhere else. It's not worth the frustration, delay and concern. What do we do if we do get our watch and something goes wrong with it? Sent it back to watch33?

UPDATE 4: Just when I thought all was lost; I got en email from Matt.

"Thanks for your enquiry. The warranty period begins the day the watch
arrives at your door. During this period if there are any defects in the
movement, simply contact us and we will arrange for the watch to be
returned and repaired completely free of charge. We operate by exactly the
same policies as the watch manufacturers' warranties. We therefore do not
offer repair on watches with cosmetic and "wear and tear" surface damage
due to everyday use, broken crystals (glass watch face), scratches, dents
or breakage that occurs after the watch has been received.

We are still awaiting correspondence from our Tag Heuer vendor regards an
ETA. When we have to order stock in at this time of year there can be a
slightly longer wait than normal, but we contact our vendors on a daily
basis and any ETAs are relayed to the customers. I will let you know as
soon as we hear anything from them. The option is always available for a
full refund if you'd prefer not to wait.

Kind regards,

Matt
WATCH33.com"

Also:
"With respect, you are one of several hundred customers that we are dealing with on an individual basis. The alternative would be to use a
copy-and-paste technique, but we would prefer to cater to each customer on a constructive basis rather than a dismissive one."

I went with the refund - Matt's response:
"No problem. Your card has been issued with a full refund of £1,256.95.
This may take up to two days to appear on your card statement. Your refund transaction code is REFPH..."

My final response to Matt:
"I worked for a Financial Institution and we to comply with the FSA guidelines and level of service. If any query was not dealt with in 48 hours there was hell to play. It was all part of the ethos of "Treating Customers Fairly." Internally - it had to be dealt with in hours.

Matt, even a copy and paste would be a reply and some contact and you would have had a satisfied customer - there is nothing more disconcerting than silence, we expect the worse. It would have taken you seconds to reply so I'm at a loss to understand why...

Nevertheless, I hope you can get this sorted. I will update my review in Sitejabber and Watchseek."

That's it from me - good luck to you all...

11/12/09

Wel - Matthew has been in touch and advised me of dispatch. He has also advised me how to return it for a refund as i had tried to cancel my order. Fingers crossed from here!

11/12/09

I also made the mistake of ordering from watch33.com. I placed and order and they charged my credit card two weeks ago. However, I have still had no contact from them. I have sent them numerous e-mails and they have not responsded. I believe this site is a scam - so buyer beware.

Update 16 Nov: I was contacted by Matt last week, and he offered a full refund, which I promptly agreed to. I have now received my refund. The site is not a scam, but suffers from terrible customer service (no contact for two weeks), compounded by the fact that payment is taken at the point of ordering.

11/11/09

I ordered a watch from this website on the 25th October. I received a confirmation email with an order number and another email to say the order was being processed - payment was taken from my account the same day. I have not received the watch. I have sent several emails but got no reply. I tried phoning the company and am only getting an answering machine. My advice to everyone is DO NOT USE THIS SITE or its associated sites of which there are another two who say they are selling jewelry and another selling sunglasses. Be very, very careful - I think this may be a scam.
UPDATE 13TH NOV - I have checked with my card company today and I have been given a full refund from Watch33. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting. I personally will NEVER use this company again - and those of you who have got your stuff ....boy are you lucky, there are a lot of unhappy people around!! I have ordered the same watch from another company earlier today, have been kept informed by email and text of its progress throughout the day and it will be with me in the morning via special delivery for only a few pounds more than watch33's price. Now that is what I call service! BY THE WAY - I wonder what has happened to the reviews that were posted on the pricerunner site - they seem to have disappeared?

About Watch33