US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

charlieg11
10/8/14

I just got my glasses in the mail. Several problems. .1) lenses feel AND sound like they are going to pop out any second. 2) The glasses in the showroom and the glasses they sent are nowhere near the same quality. Sturdy and noise free in the store, flemsy and crappy feeling in real life. Plus I bought the "premium" 150 dollar ones as well. 3) Glasses in showroom fit really well..the ones I got are so wide they fall off my face and don't fit my ears well. I thought it sounded too good to be true. Going to take them to an eyecare place and have them looked at 1st. Thats why I give two stars. If they can be adjusted I can live with them..but just be weary..ps..everything is done over the internet with them. Lots of room for mistakes.

jamesl96
9/25/14

It’s really very good product and i really happy with it. It quality is really amazing and now it’s my regular sunglass. The sunglasses price is really very cheap compare to other sunglasses.

michaelc95
3/4/14

First, they don't sell glasses with lenses for people over 40, so if you need a typical adult pair like of bifocals or reading glasses you're out of luck.

I did, however, want to get a set of prescription sunglasses, and the cheap price enough of an incentive to take a chance. The first problem I had was the order form only saved half of my prescription, and there's no way for you to edit it once its been entered. When I called on the phone they were nice, but didn't really know how to go about fixing the problem.

I eventually got my glasses, but the quality level was disappointing. If you can imagine sticking the cheapest possible Chinese-made lenses into a frame from a gas-station it wouldn't be far off. My previous prescription sunglasses were Oakleys, and the quality difference from both the frame and lens are very noticeable.

In short, Warby Parker is selling the cheapest possible glasses using great web design and PR, but the product itself falls short. If you want to buy online instead of in a store then http://www.zennioptical.com has the some thing for $13 instead of $125.

karenr34
1/26/14

Best experience ever getting a thing I hate - glasses. I have two regular pair and one prescription sunglasses and I am happy with the style, price, service and performance. Yes, the first time I ordered on line, I was asked if I'd approve an extra $30 for high index lenses if my prescription required it and I did see the $30 on my bank card for a day , but it was credited back without my asking. I consider this a computer glitch, not some scheme to cheat the customer. I've chatted over style selection by email, lovely people, quality product. Shop here!

waynel22
12/16/13

Be careful when buying from Warby Parker. Twice now I've ordered glasses from them and the amount shown on the screen does not match what they actually charge. Fortunately, both times I printed out the page before I pressed the button to order. And both times, my $95 glasses magically turned into $145 when the order confirmation e-mail came. The first time it happened, customer service was very quick to issue me a credit, so I assumed it was a fluke. Now, a few months later, it's happened again. So it's not a fluke. My guess is that part of the business model is to automatically bump people into the higher-index lenses, even if they don't need them, and hope that nobody notices. I notice. And I have both the printouts and the credits on my card statement from Warby Parker to prove it.

Not reputable.

dianeg10
8/19/13

Ordered a pair of glasses last year for one daughter. Ordered a pair this year for another daughter. Great, friendly customer service, perfect glasses for both girls. Highly recommend!

emilyw12
5/20/13

I was looking for prescription sunglasses and came upon this site. I was not too sure about it because I had never heard of it before and they didn't have a very large selection of sunglasses. Also, the prices are extremely reasonable ($150 for RX sunglasses) AND they donate eye services to those in need. It seemed too good to be true. However, I tried out the home try on for free and received 5 pairs of glasses that I picked out. I had 5 days to try them on and return them with prepaid shipping. I didn't find any I liked in the home try on, and the ones I did like where not available for home try on. So, I chatted with an employee and found out that WP has a 30 day no questions asked return policy with free returns. I ordered my glasses, but it was taking longer than expected and I was about to leave for vacation. I called the toll free number and it went straight to an employee! I could not believe it- no buttons to push, etc. They expedited the shipping for free and changed the delivery address so that I would receive them at our vacation spot. I love my new RX sunglasses because they are great quality and I know someone in need will have glasses as well. I love Warby Parker and will be telling everyone I know about them!!

michaell
ADMIN
7/11/11

A very impressive eye wear company selling amazing products for a really good cause. Everything is top notch, including their designs, their product quality, their customer service, and even their website. I just can't say enough good things about Warby Parker:

1) Very trendy frames and prescription lenses for only $95 (yes, $95)
2) A website that allows you to try on frames virtually by uploading a photo
3) Allows customers to try up to 5 different frames in 5 days with a pre-paid return shipping label
4) 30-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy
5) Donates a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair sold
6) Works with non-profits to promote third-world women entrepreneurship

There's really no reason to ever buy expensive designer glasses again. Who knew a company could literally make the world a better place at the same time as providing you with the latest in trendy eye wear?

ronk
EXPERT
7/4/10

Point Browser To: http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/warbyparkercom-try-on-glasses-digitally/

Trying on glasses can be a pain. Not every frame and shape works on every face, so the process consists mostly of guessing and testing. How your face is shaped can determine a lot of this, so buying glasses online is a bad idea.

Or is it? If you'd rather get an idea of the sorts of frames that work with your face without spending time in a store, check out Warby Parker's online showroom. Here you can not only browse an online store full of different sorts of glasses, but also upload a picture of yourself to try on glasses digitally.

The idea simply is that you'll like what you see and purchase glasses from Warby Parker, but you're by no means obligated to. If you just want to see if certain shapes look good on your face you're welcome to; there's no registration process for doing so.

There are only 46 glasses to choose from at this time, but it's still a great way to get a feel for the sorts of glasses that could work for you.

Have fun with it.