US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnb423

After waiting a week with no updates to the tracking number, i called customer service. (in 25 reviews)

ronk

Point Browser To: http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/warbyparkercom-try-on-glasses-digitally/
(in 50 reviews)

michaell

3) Allows customers to try up to 5 different frames in 5 days with a pre-paid return shipping label
(in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lauras137
2/12/16

I ordered my glasses from one of the NYC stores and I received them within 2 weeks, as promised. They had a terrific, fashionable selection of frames and I'm very impressed with the quality of the frames. However, this is my first pair of progressive lens and I'm not enjoying wearing them; I've been told by lots of people who have them that they take getting used to. So I called Warby customer service and said I wasn't sure if I just needed to give them more time or if there was something wrong with the lenses. I was connected to an incredibly nice, knowledgeable, and concerned optician who, over the phone, "tested" them on me (cover 1 eye, look this way, look that way, etc). She said that perhaps the reading prescription wasn't put it the correct place for my face and offered to remake them and send me a new pair. When I get them, I can hold on to BOTH pairs for 30 days and decide which ones are better for me. Then I can send back the pair I decide not to keep, postage paid by Warby! I'm so impressed! With most of their business being mail order, customer service is key and they really live up to it!

garyn23
2/5/16

The wrong lenses arrive. I returned them when I was in their NYC store. Lots of apologies and promises for expedited order. Text says it will arrive on X date, didn't show! Texted customer service. Can't find them. These folks are lost!

bridgeth10
2/3/16

I was SO excited to get my try on box, but I was almost instantly disappointed. The first pair I pulled out seemed very cheap right off the bat, but the quality wasn't the worst part. 3/5 of the pairs I ordered were FILTHY. I mean DISGUSTING. I wouldn't even try them on after cleaning them. I'm appalled that they would actually send these to someone without cleaning them. Even if I had liked any of them, which I didn't, I would still shop elsewhere. They clearly need to look into the concept of quality control.

tonyg61
1/19/16

Just be forthright about how long it will take to fulfill orders. We've all used ups and fedex before.

alexp9
1/12/16

I was tired of paying a lot at my optometrist offices and lenscrafters. I've had varying types of vision insurance - even with ones that pay a lot for frames/lenses, each pair has come out to around $300. I was kind of skeptical since not all glasses are made equal and neither are faces but in order to save money I decided to try them. True to advertisement, you can try 5 at a time for free. It's easy to mail them back - the labels are included and I found their virtual try-on better than other sites. However, none of their glasses fit my face. They definitely do not suit people with lower or no nose bridges. So for me, their glasses would slide down and since the glasses do not have spring hinges - the fit is also precarious at best. Also, the lenses do get dirty easily and very smudged - so I think that the quality isn't too good. In the end, I had to break down and buy a pair at Lenscrafters because their frames fit my face better even without nosepads. I'm not sure if the Warby Parker designers really considered facial variation. I did end up exchanging a pair with prescription within 30 days for another pair, so the customer service was great overall. However, if your face deviates from caucasian features the glasses may not fit that well.

judyc41
1/2/16

I love the fact that you get 5 pairs to try on at home and the ease of sending back. Found a pair so decided to try doing this online. Over all I am happy with my purchase, but I expected a follow up email asking how I liked them. They were so prompt before and during the purchase but afterwards nothing.

madeleineb5
12/16/15

I wanted to love Warby Parker, but when my glasses finally arrived, it was the wrong frame. More waiting is in my future. Very disappointing.

jeffersonm24
12/9/15

..., according to the bogus-feeling 'tracking' app which Warby Parker provides us.

I am actually betting that my physical glasses are somewhere in China waiting for the DHL truck to come pick them up.

We thought 5-7 business days was a promise? LOL, again.

To begin, after placing my order last Friday afternoon, I was inundated with emails from 'Maddy' (Mailchimp fake name no doubt) admonishing me to buy this add-on and that add-on to which I declined. Of course, I was made aware that my order would be held up until I responded. Amateur hour.

Now, the magic! I receive an email from my Warby Parker folks on Monday telling me that my order has 'shipped'. But, hold on. It doesn't say from where my order shipped but I remain excited!

The email provided a link to a 'newgistics' site which would tell me all I needed to know about my order. Umm, right.

The newgistics site (can I stop laughing at this name long enough to accept that it is 'disruptive' and superior to the plain vanilla FedEx and UPS tracking system we know to already know to work so well?) told me about my order's induction and acceptance at a 'partner' shipper! Where is the FedEx tracking number when we need it?

Well, newgistics informed me that my order had been 'inducted' into their system. Goody! I thought inductions were limited to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and so on. Still being a pragmatist, I wondered: where on earth are my glasses?

My eyeglasses were apparently 'inducted' into the system at a place near the Dallas-Fort Worth airport and have languished there for about two days.

Why, oh why, I ask, can I order a box of paper clips from Amazon and track that order from dock to truck to drop-off within a few minutes of time but my Warby Parker glasses order is best described as inducted into a black hole of fulfillment?

I think that Warby Parker folks are really interested in websites and wordpress calls-to-action, but have little clue as to how to deliver physical goods. They are like Elon Musk in that they have a great.... ahem..... disruptive (that term is so juvenile) idea but have no idea about how to sell cars.

Well, somehow I imagine that my glasses will be un-inducted from that snazzy, disruptive network system and hopefully I will have them delivered to my home in the next few years.

Warning: let us not confuse web-loving, disruptive twenty-somethings with folks like Jeff Bezos who can actually deliver the goods.

It was probably worth $95.00 to see how badly fulfillment can be handled.

grantc25
12/9/15

Great experience--Apple like. Online ordering revolutionary for glasses. Phone support fast and smart in US as well! Got my glasses in 5 days. Fantastic quality. My new optical store.

mimih6
12/8/15

I'd call these the "toms" of the eyeglass world. Terrible quality lenses for prescription but I mostly wear contacts so it's not a big deal - it's what I signed up for, for the style.They cloud up instantly,have a rainbow glare around the edges, slip off my face constantly, and the case for them won't close once they are in it. It's actually funny how bad they are! But, they're ridiculously cheap. However, I would pay much, much more for a better quality with the same great style. I say go for it Warby- charge more and make better glasses - you can still donate a pair and be a great ambassador to charity.

juliew65
12/7/15

Completely disappointed with Warby Parker. They couldn't get my shipments to me (3 times!). HUGE disappointment. Only giving one star because I have to give them something.

rafaelj10
12/4/15

I bought several pair of glasses. Their great design is what made me buying them. But I ordered 2 pairs with the same prescription within a year. The prescription was wrong. It's only this past week when I when to shop to a regular optician nearby that I discuss this. It was confirmed that it wasn't the same prescription! So for over a year I drained my eyes with a bad prescription. I contacted Warby Parker to inquire about it. They kept denying, avoiding the answer. Really bad customer service. They should have admit their big fault and refund me at least that pair. I will never buy Warby Parker again.

steves201
12/2/15

I've worn glasses for 40 years . Warby Parker glasses are poorly made, cheap lenses that cloud up two minutes after being cleaned and constantly have a glare on them. Three months after I got mine, I've decided to get another pair from another vendor. A complete waste of money

jamisonl7
11/29/15

They reconciled my complaint. I think their customer service is top notch and product is reallt great!

Tip for consumers: beware of hidden fees that won't come up until after your order is placed. You will get a sneaky email stating there are additional charges. Shady business practices. I used Zenni Optical and my total for same lenses with better coatings was only $79, compared to their $130 tack on AFTER your order is off and being processed.

hanst5
11/18/15

Getting old so don't know what's cool anymore but I feel comfortable wearing these. Not as cheap as Costco but still good value.

rebeccab71
11/10/15

I had an awesome experience with Warby Parker. Their shipping is extremely fast. I ordered my home try on, picked out two pairs I wanted, and ordering the glasses was extremely simple. I got them about 4 days after I ordered. Unfortunately, the new prescription in them wasn't working for my eyes-- but that was no problem for them! They signed me up for an exchange with NO EXTRA COST associated, even though my new prescription wasn't their fault at all. I will be receiving the glasses with the new prescription today. The customer service was impeccable, and the glasses quality is great.

richardg115
11/9/15

Ordered my glasses at the Dallas store. Bought them on a Saturday, delivered the next Saturday. Fit and looked great. I was near the store so I went in and got a minor adjustment that I wasn't aware I needed. I'll never purchase glasses anywhere else again.
Customer service in the store was also terrific. They ran out of M&Ms in the community jar so they went in the back to get me more. It's the small touches.

hj23
10/29/15

I really was excited to get my 5 at home try on pairs from Warby Parker... that was until they came in the mail.

The box comes partitioned off in five slots, one for each pair of glasses. The glasses come in little ziploc bags... you can clearly tell they've been used and reused to the point they should have retired them. I opened the bag, every single bag, to find a dirty, disgusting pair of glasses. Not even just the lenses were filthy, the frames were as well. I was appalled. There was even someone's eyelash on one of the lenses, and it wasn't mine! I had to clean the lenses to see out of them clearly.

The glasses were not only filthy, but they're, in my honest opinion, not worth $100. A lot of the frames I tried on, probably about 3/5 of the pairs, were their higher-priced glasses at $145. They were flimsy and cheap feeling. I don't know how many pairs of glasses these other reviewers that are saying they were "high quality" have worn, but I've been dependent on glasses for the last 15 years, and I've never had a pair feel like this. I've never had my glasses, even after a year to two years of wear SQUEAK on me. They squeaked, they creaked, they were cheap. It wasn't just one pair that did this, every pair did.

In comparison to designer frames... there is no comparison. Warby Parker is junk compared to designer frames. The styles are there, but the quality is severely lacking. If you're someone who wears glasses daily, I do not recommend buying from Warby Parker.

I truly feel that if I were to have bought from Warby Parker, I would have spent just as much as I would have spent on a $400 pair of designer frames/lenses. I have no doubt that these Warby Parker frames/lenses would not have lasted long, and I would have had to buy more than one pair. I was really afraid they were going to fall apart before I could even ship them back to Warby Parker.

When I rated my at home try on as far as timeliness of arrival, the product, etc., I wrote a comment about how filthy the glasses were and how they were creaking and squeaking. I received no response from the company as to say this possibly was a "fluke batch of glasses." Though I have no doubt that all of their glasses are like this.

Other than the quality of the product, the service was great. I had really great communication with a few different representatives. They were very helpful and informative. Warby Parker's home try on is even free to Hawaii! The idea that the company gives a pair of glasses for each pair bought is also pretty cool.

With that said, I will not be a customer of Warby Parker. The quality of their product isn't worth taking the risk.

nancyg51
10/25/15

I had no issues with the customer service, which I thought was excellent. My issue is the quality of the glasses. I've had my glasses for less than 4 months and find the lenses to be of substandard quality. The frames have bent out of shape. Definitely going to Peepers, where I can buy 4 cheap pair for the price of 1 at WP.

kendrak3
10/15/15

The process has been great from the beginning. This is my first time ordering glasses and the process was overwhelming until I found Warby Parker. The 5 pair trial is amazing. you get them fast and get to hang out with them, wear them to work, get your friends and family's opinion and pick which ones you like. I found a pair right away and ordered them. The ordering process was fast and easy and i got an email when the prescription pair shipped out. Took about 7 business days just as the site says. I contacted customer service via the live chat and they were responsive, helpful and all around amazing. I even ordered another 5 pair to try because I want to order a second pair.

My only complaint, which I did pass on to customer service, is that 3 out of the 5 the try on pairs in my first box were crooked and its a little hard to get a feel for how they truly fit if they are all wonky on your face. Other than that I like the styles, the price and the convenience. I highly recommend Warby Parker!

sofial13
10/13/15

The first thing I have to say about Warby Parker is that their glasses are unique, beautifully designed, and very high-quality. There are so many different options and you are guaranteed to find one that you love and that you will never find on anyone else because they are so cool and unique! I love how all of their glasses are vintage-inspired.

Secondly, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. They have a live chat on their website that can help with any question you may have, and I have probably used it at least five times because you can get an instant answer from an actual person in minutes. They are so nice and will do absolutely anything to make your experience better. I also called their phone customer service and the lady I spoke with was so nice, professional, and helpful. She gave me a tip on how I can order a frame that was out of stock, and I would have never known that had I not spoken with her. And immediately after my phone call, I received an email clearing everything up and making sure I was happy with everything.

Lastly, their stuff ships out fast. And I love that, because I am such an impatient person. The Home-Try On System says it will be at your house within five business days, and I received mine in 4 days. Super quick and easy to return since they ship through USPS and you can just put it right back into your mailbox with their return label in the same box.

I could rave about Warby Parker for a long time, but overall my entire experience with them has been beyond better than anything I have dealt with. Their website is also super informative, and I just love how helpful they are with all of the issues/questions/concerns I have had. They are super approachable and a really great company with great products.

Definitely recommend!

ld59
9/17/15

placed my order and then received an email trying to upsell me to a more expensive lens. My order was on hold until I responded to this email, which I didn't even see for a full week after they sent it to me. No phone call, no follow up. This was the first delay on my order. After responding that I didn't want the more expensive lenses, they assured me that my order would be made right away. that was at least 2 weeks ago. So I got in touch with them again today and the agent said "I am so glad you contacted us! There was a glitch with your order and it "didn't go through" (?) Again, no one bothered to reach out at all to let me know that my order "hadn't gone through". The only explanation that they gave me was that there "may have been a glitch" in their system. It's been over a month since I bought these glasses and they still haven't been made. Seriously? Get it together, Warby Parker.

ct50
8/31/15

I live outside San Francisco and wanted a pair of prescription sunglasses. They can be very expensive, so I made the 1 hour and 45 minutes round-trip drive into SF and the 15 minute hunt for street parking. Inside Warby Parker, everyone looks like they are 15 years old. And I'm talking about the employees. I found a pair of sunglass frames I liked, they fit quite nicely. I paid $350 for the frames and prescription sunglass lenses. Several weeks later, the sunglasses arrived in the mail at my house. While the frames look like the same ones, they are flatter or bent differently or something, as when I put them on, they are huge. They don't hug my head at all and fall off as soon as I barely tilt my head down. Argggghhh. The only place you can get Warby Parker glasses adjusted is at Warby Parker. So another 1 hour and 45 minutes round-trip drive into San Francisco, followed by another 15-20 minutes hunting for street parking. When my name was called, the guy at the counter did the old ‘dip the glasses frame in those hot beads’ or whatever they are, to warm up the frame so he could bend it. He did that a couple of times and the glasses were still quite loose. So then he heated up the end of each temple where it sits on your ear, so that the temple would wrap a bit behind my ears. So that helped them not slide down my nose and I could finally tilt my head down, but the glasses still swing side to side, just barely hanging on at my ears. I asked him to bend the frame more so that the length of the temple was snug to my head, like normal glasses frames. He said he couldn't and that bending them at the ears was the best way to fix the problem I was having. Well a few weeks later, other than the tenuous hold right at my ears, I am very, very annoyed that I spent $350 on a pair of sunglasses that wobble back and forth any time I am not looking straight ahead. I am constantly pushing them back up on my nose. What you get from Warby Parker is not necessarily what you try on it their showroom or through their program where they will mail you frames to try out. I will never buy another pair of anything from Warby Parker and you should definitely beware!!
**Update** I just changed my review from 1 star to 4 stars. I sent my rant to Warby Parker Customer Service and they promptly responded, offering to let me pick out different frames and make me a new pair of prescription progressive sunglasses for free, even though I am way past their 30-day return period. I'm trying out the "try-on at home" option to select a frame this time, as I'm sick of the very long round-trip into SF. Hopefully this new pair will fit better.

wendym40
8/31/15

I ordered from Warby Parker more than a week ago and as of today they have no idea where my package is. I got an email saying it was shipped, but it was an old tracking number from over a month ago to some address in Jersey... Not sure what they are trying to pull.
I called in numerous times, and all they would say was that my package was being treated abnormally and to wait.
I just hope a actually get my glasses that I paid for. They didn't offer any sort of compensation for my order being outside of the 7-10 day receiving window they promised on their website. This company being run by incompetent people who give attitude to customers when they call and don't try to make it right.
If I end up getting my credit card bill before I receive my glasses, I will dispute the charge and not pay until I get them!

mikel208
8/26/15

I recently ordered glasses for the first time at Warby Parker. The website said that it typically takes 5 business days to be delivered. On the 5th day, I called UPS to track my shipping. UPS said they have not received the package yet. When I called Warber Parker's customer service, they had no idea where my package went. The rep said it was "stalled". So she had to place another order for me, which I would have to wait another 5 days to get it. I called them back just to see if I could get a second opinion.This time, the rep said even if I did get the original pair of glasses, they wouldn't have shown up at my doorstep for at least 8-10 business days. Even though their website says 5 days and the confirmation email I received said 5 days. The solution I got was we will "try" and send you those glasses soon. They also said if I ever receive my original pair of glasses, I need to go to UPS and send them back. Thanks!!!

jb152
8/18/15

I have ordered 4 pairs of glasses, single lens and progressives, a free try-on and I had to interact with customer service regarding my PD. The people at WP have been professional and friendly and a pleasure to work with. I wrote this review after reading some of the others that reflected negatively on the company. I think some of those reviews are fake. They give inaccuracies about ordering etc. I have recommended WP to several other folks, they have been as happy as I have.

johnb423
8/17/15

I ordered my glasses, and they were shipped within 3 days, which really surprised me. The only problem is they shipped the glasses via USPS First Class. After waiting a week with no updates to the tracking number, i called customer service. The rep was extremely helpful and said they would send an inquiry to USPS and if the package doesnt move within 48 hours they will make a new pair of glasses and ship them next day air ups. Well you guessed it, warby sent the next day air glasses 2 days later. The quality of the glasses are superb for the price you pay, and honestly they are pretty much equal to MUCH more expensive glasses. This probably due to the fact that the whole entire glasses industry is essentially a monopoly with almost all companies being owned by one larger parent company which raises prices. Warby is owned by this large company so they are able to sell glasses at reasonable prices. Anyway i highly recommend Warby Parker, and if you have any problems (including shipping speed ) call up customer service because they will be extremely helpful.

Tip for consumers: If you have any problems (including shipping speed ) make sure to call up customer service because they will be extremely helpful.

dirkr6
8/13/15

I've bought 3 pairs of frames (2 frame only, 1 complete) from WB over the last 18 months. On one pair the silver 'decorative plate' fell out of one side. No big deal I thought, they can send me a replacement plate and I'll glue it in. NOT! I emailed WB and was advised 'so sorry our frames are manufactured elsewhere and we do not have any parts. As an accomodation we can provide you with a 20% discount on a BETTER FRAME,'
'Better frame' for 20% off to replace my crappy frames that they were more than happy to sell me? These are 11 months old with normal use, no abuse. The company does not stand behind their products. I like to have a few pairs of regular glasses and sunglasses and will definitely look elsewhere the next time I want frames.

This confirms the old adage 'you get what you pay for.'

meredithc5
8/8/15

You get what you pay for. I now understand why glasses you get from a real eye doctor are more expensive. These things are garbage.

lorit18
8/3/15

I ran across Warby Parker through a recommendation from a friend. I was a little nervous to order from their website because I'm always afraid of online shopping since it's hard to see if the product is perfect, if shipping is fast, etc. However, their free 5 pair trials got me. I quickly placed an order on the trials. I received them within about 4 days. The concept of the 5 pair trials is amazing! I got to try them on and see which one fits my face and style better before I committed to buying them. Amazing. I eventually decided on some frames ($95+$30 because my prescription is strong and lenses are thick) and placed an order. Customer service worked hard to make sure all of the information was correct before manufacturing my glasses. I expected the process to take a little over a week, but I got them in about 5 days! Super fast! I did have an issue with the angle of my lenses though because of the way the glasses sat on my face, but I brought it back to a local Warby Parker and had them adjust my lenses. I just got them in the mail today after about 5 days and I absolutely love them! They were the perfect price, style, and fit. I'm so happy I found them because I'm no longer blind. I swear by this place. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends and will most likely order from them again! :)

jenellev1
8/3/15

Not sure why so many bad reviews... My experience has been top notch. I order glasses for me and my husband, lenses are great the frames are fantastic and the customer service has always been fast friendly and helpful. I love this company so much I sook out an opportunity to leave a good review somewhere and I hardly ever do that. I strongly recommend you give them a try!

stephenb84
7/20/15

I have been waiting almost a month (25+ dayside) with little response to my inquiries.
Ordered sunglasses got disappointment

mellem7
7/18/15

Seriously, I don't get the negative reviews either. My experience was top notch from beginning to end. Very responsive customer service, absolutely love my glasses. I had just gotten a new pair from my eye Dr. and then proceeded to have them mysteriously disappear so didn't want to spend a lot on another new pair through her. Enter Warby Parker and BAM my eyes are happier than ever. Super fast too.

anns65
7/2/15

after receiving my order they didn't want to adjust my bifocal line unless i paid additional fees and 6 months later, my prescription changed for one lense. I expected to pay but not 75% of original cost of glass order for one lense.

susanr59
7/2/15

Ordered two pair of glasses with progressive lenses and everything worked. Ordered another pair, had to call after 14 days and was told order would be expedited. Had to call again a week later only to be told that it may have been lost. Customer service is super helpful and friendly, but they can't seem to get orders made and shipped.

jessicam113
6/23/15

After coworkers recommended Warby Parker to me, I quickly and easily purchases my contacts on their website. It said my glasses would be shipped in 7-10 days. I patiently waited for 30 days (thinking every day maybe the next day they would arrive). I finally called and the customer service rep apologized profusely saying somehow though I was charged and she saw my order, it was never processes for production/purchase. She said she would expedite the order and I could expect them in 3-5 days. 7 days go by and I call them, and the rep said the order is still in production! She promises to call me the next day and let me know why there was a hold up, and promises overnight shippping. No phone call and no glasses! It's been 6 weeks! I feel like an idiot for waiting around for nothing!

rodolfoh12
6/19/15

I ordered from Warby Parker almost 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the glasses. The first issue I had was that the rep called my doctor and she said they were not able to find my prescription. I called and my doctor found it immediately and emailed and faxed it to them. The next day I receive an email confirming that my prescriptiom was received but I also receive an email from the rep letting me know that they do not have the prescription (????). I email her back and she indicates it was an oversight and that they do have my prescription and that my glasses are being prepared. I get a shipping confirmation a couple of days later; however, after checking for 4 days the status of my shipment, the status does not change. I decide to call and they tell me there was an issue with my shipment and that they will get me a new pair and overnight it. 5 days later I am still waiting for my glasses...

johnr225
6/10/15

I've ordered 3 pairs from Warby Parker over the last few weeks. Experience has been top notch all around. My opinion is that they are not targeting all glasses wearers, but people that are looking for more modern styles at affordable prices. The type of styles you would find at Oliver Peoples but for a fraction of the cost.

I've returned two pairs because I changed my mind (my fault, not theirs) and the exchanges went smoothly and replacements came very fast. They already fit well but I took them to the Warby Parker store in Chicago to have them adjusted, which made them fit even better. They have a lot of different sizes so they should be able to accommodate most people with a good fit. Also love their styles. I now have two pairs of prescription glasses and pair of sunglasses for less than my last pair. Service, quality, fit, price and product. Warby Parker is a great brand and the negative reviews really make me wonder about the sources.

If you don't want them, don't buy them. If you bought them and don't like them, send 'em back!

brianw69
6/2/15

Poor service! I paid $35 for the expedited service which quoting their website “Orders placed before 1 p.m. ET will be delivered by the end of the next business day”. My order has placed on line Monday evening, which is before 1 PM Tuesday. When on Tuesday evening I did not receive any indication that my glasses were shipped I called Warby Parker. I was told twice that since my order was placed after 1 PM on Monday it did not qualify for the expedited service. I did not expect my order to be delivered on Tuesday since I missed the 1 PM deadline on Monday, but the order was placed before the 1 PM deadline on Tuesday so my glasses should have been delivered by Wednesday. Their website is inaccurate. I hope that the glasses are worth it and that the accuracy regarding their information about the charities they fund is better than the shipping information on their website.

stevec114
5/27/15

I ordered my glasses and they said it would be 7-10 days. I get an email after 4 days saying the doctor doesn't have me on file so I call my doctor and get it sorted out. Then after two weeks I call back because of no glasses and they say they never got the fax from my doctor they will call again and expedite the delivery. A week goes by and I call back. Still no forms so they say they will do the same thing and take $15 off. Another week has gone by and I still don't have the glasses... I don't think they are even trying. It has been over a month.

Let's just say not a pleasant experience for me.

joshuab70
5/20/15

The one pair of glasses I have ordered has had to be replaced four times before I finally cancelled the order. They even had a pair sent to their office to confirm they were of good quality before sending them to me. The company couldn’t even get that right. The problems varied from tool marks on the lenses, to the lenses being installed wrong. They are what you pay for, just cheap glasses.

caroleb11
5/14/15

I placed my original order back in March... first order got lost in the mail. When I finally received the glasses one pair didn't fit at all, I asked to return one pair which they did - I waited another 3 weeks and received the wrong frame. I emailed customer service and they told me they would overnight me the new order... it's been 7 business days and I haven't heard anything. I'm never ordering from here again... Warby Parker is just terrible.

mikec155
5/3/15

Supposedly my glasses were made to my prescription but the outcome was horrible. I could not see driving and yet I could with my previous prescription. Customer Service response was virtually non-existent. Save yourself the money and aggravation and don't buy Warby Parker glasses - you will regret it.

Mike C

ashleyk25
4/18/15

We ordered these glasses on March 27. They called me next day to say the rx was expired. We had gone to the doctor the day before. The prescription was one day old. However, the doctor had awful handwriting and it looked like it said 2005 and not 2015. Okay. I get that. Fine. Then we emailed and called back and forth all day. They couldn't find the correct phone number for the doctor, so I GOOGLED IT FOR THEM. Nice job guys. I figured after they had gotten the correct number, things would be moving along so I just kind of forgot about it. A week later, still no glasses. My boyfriend called and asked what was the hold up, and apparently they never got a hold of the doctor and pretty much just said, "Meh." and JUST GAVE UP ON OUR ORDER!!!! What the hell?? The guy apologised profusely and said he'd take $10 off our order. Big whoop. I got another email the next day saying they gave the doctor a call and that he should be faxing the rx over. That was a week ago. I have heard nothing more. They still have not taken the money out of my account. My boyfriend still doesn't have new glasses on his face, so he is blind as a bat. I am so pissed. I sent another email, but it's Saturday so I'm guessing we won't hear back until Monday. But the fact that they haven't charged me for anything leads me to believe that the order has still not even shipped!! Stay away from this company. They have been nothing but a pain in the ass.

stevem164
2/28/15

I bought the Aviator sunglasses and received them about a month ago.. I wore them 4-5 times in about a month and one lens keeps popping out. I have tried to tighten the screw with loctite and the threads in the glass frame will not hold the screw tight. I sent an Email to Warby Parker last week and have not received a response. There were not much cheaper than my wifes sunglasses at the optometrist's office. I will not ever buy from Warby Parker again and I will pursue getting a full refund.

dd93
2/21/15

I think the recent press about Warby Parker was too much for the company to bear. I ordered prescription glasses from them last year and while I'm not a huge fan of the actual frame I ordered (too heavy, bulky), their prices are good and frames interesting, so I tried again. This time around the service is absolutely horrible!! After about five email exchanges, I'm convinced the factory is too swamped to keep up with the new demand and the customers reps just keep asking repeated questions (some I have answered twice now) to stall my order....and to make me think they are giving me good service/attention. They did offer a 10% discount on my order, but it's been 3 Weeks since I placed my order and I just sent another set of answers...oh my...

Tip for consumers: Prepare to wait a very long time....

darrinm8
2/20/15

There are cheaper glasses out there, but these were pretty cheap (and yes, I know they're made in China). I paid $125 for frames with prescription lenses. The frames were OK quality, looked pretty nice, but no matter what I did, they just didn't fit that well and felt weird. They also creak a lot.
The lenses, which I paid extra to upgrade, were either slightly off in production or prescription. When I switch between them and my old raybans I bought from Target, there is a CLEAR difference in clarity. I don't think I'll buy from them again, unfortunately, because I really wanted to like them!

jg53
2/16/15

I was so pleased when my box of Warby Parker home-try-on glasses arrived earlier than the estimated delivery date. The confirmation email and the packing slip had the correct list of glasses that I had ordered and I was so excited to start trying on the different frames! However, I was extremely disappointed to find that the glasses inside were not what I had ordered. Rather than 5 different pairs, I ended up with 3 of the same pair of glasses and two others (one of which was not my original order). To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Would like to give them another shot.. but I have not gotten a response from Warby Parker's "help" line or email yet.

stuartt4
1/23/15

Really wasn't that big of a fan of the frames. I don't see what all the Warby Parker fuss is about. I'm going to Costco next time.

hanl8
1/17/15

Website said shipping is 2-3 days. now 3 days almost passed, I have not see any update on USPS website. Think about it, a company using the cheapest shipping method of USPS without any concern about the delay, what kind of company it is, right now, even a t-shirt is delivered in 3 days.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question