US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Point Browser To: http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/warbyparkercom-try-on-glasses-digitally/
(in 36 reviews)

michaell

Everything is top notch, including their designs, their product quality, their customer service, and even their website. (in 15 reviews)

lorit18

I expected the process to take a little over a week, but I got them in about 5 days! (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ct50
8/31/15

I live outside San Francisco and wanted a pair of prescription sunglasses. They can be very expensive, so I made the 1 hour and 45 minutes round-trip drive into SF and the 15 minute hunt for street parking. Inside Warby Parker, everyone looks like they are 15 years old. And I'm talking about the employees. I found a pair of sunglass frames I liked, they fit quite nicely. I paid $350 for the frames and prescription sunglass lenses. Several weeks later, the sunglasses arrived in the mail at my house. While the frames look like the same ones, they are flatter or bent differently or something, as when I put them on, they are huge. They don't hug my head at all and fall off as soon as I barely tilt my head down. Argggghhh. The only place you can get Warby Parker glasses adjusted is at Warby Parker. So another 1 hour and 45 minutes round-trip drive into San Francisco, followed by another 15-20 minutes hunting for street parking. When my name was called, the guy at the counter did the old ‘dip the glasses frame in those hot beads’ or whatever they are, to warm up the frame so he could bend it. He did that a couple of times and the glasses were still quite loose. So then he heated up the end of each temple where it sits on your ear, so that the temple would wrap a bit behind my ears. So that helped them not slide down my nose and I could finally tilt my head down, but the glasses still swing side to side, just barely hanging on at my ears. I asked him to bend the frame more so that the length of the temple was snug to my head, like normal glasses frames. He said he couldn't and that bending them at the ears was the best way to fix the problem I was having. Well a few weeks later, other than the tenuous hold right at my ears, I am very, very annoyed that I spent $350 on a pair of sunglasses that wobble back and forth any time I am not looking straight ahead. I am constantly pushing them back up on my nose. What you get from Warby Parker is not necessarily what you try on it their showroom or through their program where they will mail you frames to try out. I will never buy another pair of anything from Warby Parker and you should definitely beware!!

wendym40
8/31/15

I ordered from Warby Parker more than a week ago and as of today they have no idea where my package is. I got an email saying it was shipped, but it was an old tracking number from over a month ago to some address in Jersey... Not sure what they are trying to pull.
I called in numerous times, and all they would say was that my package was being treated abnormally and to wait.
I just hope a actually get my glasses that I paid for. They didn't offer any sort of compensation for my order being outside of the 7-10 day receiving window they promised on their website. This company being run by incompetent people who give attitude to customers when they call and don't try to make it right.
If I end up getting my credit card bill before I receive my glasses, I will dispute the charge and not pay until I get them!

mikel208
8/26/15

I recently ordered glasses for the first time at Warby Parker. The website said that it typically takes 5 business days to be delivered. On the 5th day, I called UPS to track my shipping. UPS said they have not received the package yet. When I called Warber Parker's customer service, they had no idea where my package went. The rep said it was "stalled". So she had to place another order for me, which I would have to wait another 5 days to get it. I called them back just to see if I could get a second opinion.This time, the rep said even if I did get the original pair of glasses, they wouldn't have shown up at my doorstep for at least 8-10 business days. Even though their website says 5 days and the confirmation email I received said 5 days. The solution I got was we will "try" and send you those glasses soon. They also said if I ever receive my original pair of glasses, I need to go to UPS and send them back. Thanks!!!

jb152
8/18/15

I have ordered 4 pairs of glasses, single lens and progressives, a free try-on and I had to interact with customer service regarding my PD. The people at WP have been professional and friendly and a pleasure to work with. I wrote this review after reading some of the others that reflected negatively on the company. I think some of those reviews are fake. They give inaccuracies about ordering etc. I have recommended WP to several other folks, they have been as happy as I have.

johnb423
8/17/15

I ordered my glasses, and they were shipped within 3 days, which really surprised me. The only problem is they shipped the glasses via USPS First Class. After waiting a week with no updates to the tracking number, i called customer service. The rep was extremely helpful and said they would send an inquiry to USPS and if the package doesnt move within 48 hours they will make a new pair of glasses and ship them next day air ups. Well you guessed it, warby sent the next day air glasses 2 days later. The quality of the glasses are superb for the price you pay, and honestly they are pretty much equal to MUCH more expensive glasses. This probably due to the fact that the whole entire glasses industry is essentially a monopoly with almost all companies being owned by one larger parent company which raises prices. Warby is owned by this large company so they are able to sell glasses at reasonable prices. Anyway i highly recommend Warby Parker, and if you have any problems (including shipping speed ) call up customer service because they will be extremely helpful.

Tip for consumers: If you have any problems (including shipping speed ) make sure to call up customer service because they will be extremely helpful.

dirkr6
8/13/15

I've bought 3 pairs of frames (2 frame only, 1 complete) from WB over the last 18 months. On one pair the silver 'decorative plate' fell out of one side. No big deal I thought, they can send me a replacement plate and I'll glue it in. NOT! I emailed WB and was advised 'so sorry our frames are manufactured elsewhere and we do not have any parts. As an accomodation we can provide you with a 20% discount on a BETTER FRAME,'
'Better frame' for 20% off to replace my crappy frames that they were more than happy to sell me? These are 11 months old with normal use, no abuse. The company does not stand behind their products. I like to have a few pairs of regular glasses and sunglasses and will definitely look elsewhere the next time I want frames.

This confirms the old adage 'you get what you pay for.'

meredithc5
8/8/15

You get what you pay for. I now understand why glasses you get from a real eye doctor are more expensive. These things are garbage.

lorit18
8/3/15

I ran across Warby Parker through a recommendation from a friend. I was a little nervous to order from their website because I'm always afraid of online shopping since it's hard to see if the product is perfect, if shipping is fast, etc. However, their free 5 pair trials got me. I quickly placed an order on the trials. I received them within about 4 days. The concept of the 5 pair trials is amazing! I got to try them on and see which one fits my face and style better before I committed to buying them. Amazing. I eventually decided on some frames ($95+$30 because my prescription is strong and lenses are thick) and placed an order. Customer service worked hard to make sure all of the information was correct before manufacturing my glasses. I expected the process to take a little over a week, but I got them in about 5 days! Super fast! I did have an issue with the angle of my lenses though because of the way the glasses sat on my face, but I brought it back to a local Warby Parker and had them adjust my lenses. I just got them in the mail today after about 5 days and I absolutely love them! They were the perfect price, style, and fit. I'm so happy I found them because I'm no longer blind. I swear by this place. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends and will most likely order from them again! :)

jenellev1
8/3/15

Not sure why so many bad reviews... My experience has been top notch. I order glasses for me and my husband, lenses are great the frames are fantastic and the customer service has always been fast friendly and helpful. I love this company so much I sook out an opportunity to leave a good review somewhere and I hardly ever do that. I strongly recommend you give them a try!

stephenb84
7/20/15

I have been waiting almost a month (25+ dayside) with little response to my inquiries.
Ordered sunglasses got disappointment

mellem7
7/18/15

Seriously, I don't get the negative reviews either. My experience was top notch from beginning to end. Very responsive customer service, absolutely love my glasses. I had just gotten a new pair from my eye Dr. and then proceeded to have them mysteriously disappear so didn't want to spend a lot on another new pair through her. Enter Warby Parker and BAM my eyes are happier than ever. Super fast too.

anns65
7/2/15

after receiving my order they didn't want to adjust my bifocal line unless i paid additional fees and 6 months later, my prescription changed for one lense. I expected to pay but not 75% of original cost of glass order for one lense.

susanr59
7/2/15

Ordered two pair of glasses with progressive lenses and everything worked. Ordered another pair, had to call after 14 days and was told order would be expedited. Had to call again a week later only to be told that it may have been lost. Customer service is super helpful and friendly, but they can't seem to get orders made and shipped.

jessicam113
6/23/15

After coworkers recommended Warby Parker to me, I quickly and easily purchases my contacts on their website. It said my glasses would be shipped in 7-10 days. I patiently waited for 30 days (thinking every day maybe the next day they would arrive). I finally called and the customer service rep apologized profusely saying somehow though I was charged and she saw my order, it was never processes for production/purchase. She said she would expedite the order and I could expect them in 3-5 days. 7 days go by and I call them, and the rep said the order is still in production! She promises to call me the next day and let me know why there was a hold up, and promises overnight shippping. No phone call and no glasses! It's been 6 weeks! I feel like an idiot for waiting around for nothing!

rodolfoh12
6/19/15

I ordered from Warby Parker almost 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the glasses. The first issue I had was that the rep called my doctor and she said they were not able to find my prescription. I called and my doctor found it immediately and emailed and faxed it to them. The next day I receive an email confirming that my prescriptiom was received but I also receive an email from the rep letting me know that they do not have the prescription (????). I email her back and she indicates it was an oversight and that they do have my prescription and that my glasses are being prepared. I get a shipping confirmation a couple of days later; however, after checking for 4 days the status of my shipment, the status does not change. I decide to call and they tell me there was an issue with my shipment and that they will get me a new pair and overnight it. 5 days later I am still waiting for my glasses...

johnr225
6/10/15

I've ordered 3 pairs from Warby Parker over the last few weeks. Experience has been top notch all around. My opinion is that they are not targeting all glasses wearers, but people that are looking for more modern styles at affordable prices. The type of styles you would find at Oliver Peoples but for a fraction of the cost.

I've returned two pairs because I changed my mind (my fault, not theirs) and the exchanges went smoothly and replacements came very fast. They already fit well but I took them to the Warby Parker store in Chicago to have them adjusted, which made them fit even better. They have a lot of different sizes so they should be able to accommodate most people with a good fit. Also love their styles. I now have two pairs of prescription glasses and pair of sunglasses for less than my last pair. Service, quality, fit, price and product. Warby Parker is a great brand and the negative reviews really make me wonder about the sources.

If you don't want them, don't buy them. If you bought them and don't like them, send 'em back!

brianw69
6/2/15

Poor service! I paid $35 for the expedited service which quoting their website “Orders placed before 1 p.m. ET will be delivered by the end of the next business day”. My order has placed on line Monday evening, which is before 1 PM Tuesday. When on Tuesday evening I did not receive any indication that my glasses were shipped I called Warby Parker. I was told twice that since my order was placed after 1 PM on Monday it did not qualify for the expedited service. I did not expect my order to be delivered on Tuesday since I missed the 1 PM deadline on Monday, but the order was placed before the 1 PM deadline on Tuesday so my glasses should have been delivered by Wednesday. Their website is inaccurate. I hope that the glasses are worth it and that the accuracy regarding their information about the charities they fund is better than the shipping information on their website.

stevec114
5/27/15

I ordered my glasses and they said it would be 7-10 days. I get an email after 4 days saying the doctor doesn't have me on file so I call my doctor and get it sorted out. Then after two weeks I call back because of no glasses and they say they never got the fax from my doctor they will call again and expedite the delivery. A week goes by and I call back. Still no forms so they say they will do the same thing and take $15 off. Another week has gone by and I still don't have the glasses... I don't think they are even trying. It has been over a month.

Let's just say not a pleasant experience for me.

joshuab70
5/20/15

The one pair of glasses I have ordered has had to be replaced four times before I finally cancelled the order. They even had a pair sent to their office to confirm they were of good quality before sending them to me. The company couldn’t even get that right. The problems varied from tool marks on the lenses, to the lenses being installed wrong. They are what you pay for, just cheap glasses.

caroleb11
5/14/15

I placed my original order back in March... first order got lost in the mail. When I finally received the glasses one pair didn't fit at all, I asked to return one pair which they did - I waited another 3 weeks and received the wrong frame. I emailed customer service and they told me they would overnight me the new order... it's been 7 business days and I haven't heard anything. I'm never ordering from here again... Warby Parker is just terrible.

mikec155
5/3/15

Supposedly my glasses were made to my prescription but the outcome was horrible. I could not see driving and yet I could with my previous prescription. Customer Service response was virtually non-existent. Save yourself the money and aggravation and don't buy Warby Parker glasses - you will regret it.

Mike C

ashleyk25
4/18/15

We ordered these glasses on March 27. They called me next day to say the rx was expired. We had gone to the doctor the day before. The prescription was one day old. However, the doctor had awful handwriting and it looked like it said 2005 and not 2015. Okay. I get that. Fine. Then we emailed and called back and forth all day. They couldn't find the correct phone number for the doctor, so I GOOGLED IT FOR THEM. Nice job guys. I figured after they had gotten the correct number, things would be moving along so I just kind of forgot about it. A week later, still no glasses. My boyfriend called and asked what was the hold up, and apparently they never got a hold of the doctor and pretty much just said, "Meh." and JUST GAVE UP ON OUR ORDER!!!! What the hell?? The guy apologised profusely and said he'd take $10 off our order. Big whoop. I got another email the next day saying they gave the doctor a call and that he should be faxing the rx over. That was a week ago. I have heard nothing more. They still have not taken the money out of my account. My boyfriend still doesn't have new glasses on his face, so he is blind as a bat. I am so pissed. I sent another email, but it's Saturday so I'm guessing we won't hear back until Monday. But the fact that they haven't charged me for anything leads me to believe that the order has still not even shipped!! Stay away from this company. They have been nothing but a pain in the ass.

stevem164
2/28/15

I bought the Aviator sunglasses and received them about a month ago.. I wore them 4-5 times in about a month and one lens keeps popping out. I have tried to tighten the screw with loctite and the threads in the glass frame will not hold the screw tight. I sent an Email to Warby Parker last week and have not received a response. There were not much cheaper than my wifes sunglasses at the optometrist's office. I will not ever buy from Warby Parker again and I will pursue getting a full refund.

dd93
2/21/15

I think the recent press about Warby Parker was too much for the company to bear. I ordered prescription glasses from them last year and while I'm not a huge fan of the actual frame I ordered (too heavy, bulky), their prices are good and frames interesting, so I tried again. This time around the service is absolutely horrible!! After about five email exchanges, I'm convinced the factory is too swamped to keep up with the new demand and the customers reps just keep asking repeated questions (some I have answered twice now) to stall my order....and to make me think they are giving me good service/attention. They did offer a 10% discount on my order, but it's been 3 Weeks since I placed my order and I just sent another set of answers...oh my...

Tip for consumers: Prepare to wait a very long time....

darrinm8
2/20/15

There are cheaper glasses out there, but these were pretty cheap (and yes, I know they're made in China). I paid $125 for frames with prescription lenses. The frames were OK quality, looked pretty nice, but no matter what I did, they just didn't fit that well and felt weird. They also creak a lot.
The lenses, which I paid extra to upgrade, were either slightly off in production or prescription. When I switch between them and my old raybans I bought from Target, there is a CLEAR difference in clarity. I don't think I'll buy from them again, unfortunately, because I really wanted to like them!

jg53
2/16/15

I was so pleased when my box of Warby Parker home-try-on glasses arrived earlier than the estimated delivery date. The confirmation email and the packing slip had the correct list of glasses that I had ordered and I was so excited to start trying on the different frames! However, I was extremely disappointed to find that the glasses inside were not what I had ordered. Rather than 5 different pairs, I ended up with 3 of the same pair of glasses and two others (one of which was not my original order). To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Would like to give them another shot.. but I have not gotten a response from Warby Parker's "help" line or email yet.

stuartt4
1/23/15

Really wasn't that big of a fan of the frames. I don't see what all the Warby Parker fuss is about. I'm going to Costco next time.

hanl8
1/17/15

Website said shipping is 2-3 days. now 3 days almost passed, I have not see any update on USPS website. Think about it, a company using the cheapest shipping method of USPS without any concern about the delay, what kind of company it is, right now, even a t-shirt is delivered in 3 days.

alexh84
12/18/14

I sent a question to the customer service department - and had an extremely friendly response (answering my question) back the same day. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

stevek50
12/5/14

Ordered some lenses from Warby Parker and when the glasses arrived in the mail, they were the wrong prescription and I noticed the quality was not as good as my previous pairs. Think twice before purchasing prescription glasses from this website.

rachelc30
10/28/14

I found their website so easy to use. It was fun and simple to pick out trial frames and ... poof... they showed up very quickly. I had no problem uploading my prescription and when I needed a couple questions answered, customer service was fantastic. I received my new glasses a few days ago - I love them.

charlieg11
10/8/14

I just got my glasses in the mail. Several problems. .1) lenses feel AND sound like they are going to pop out any second. 2) The glasses in the showroom and the glasses they sent are nowhere near the same quality. Sturdy and noise free in the store, flemsy and crappy feeling in real life. Plus I bought the "premium" 150 dollar ones as well. 3) Glasses in showroom fit really well..the ones I got are so wide they fall off my face and don't fit my ears well. I thought it sounded too good to be true. Going to take them to an eyecare place and have them looked at 1st. Thats why I give two stars. If they can be adjusted I can live with them..but just be weary..ps..everything is done over the internet with them. Lots of room for mistakes.

jamesl96
9/25/14

It’s really very good product and i really happy with it. It quality is really amazing and now it’s my regular sunglass. The sunglasses price is really very cheap compare to other sunglasses.

michaelc95
3/4/14

First, they don't sell glasses with lenses for people over 40, so if you need a typical adult pair like of bifocals or reading glasses you're out of luck.

I did, however, want to get a set of prescription sunglasses, and the cheap price enough of an incentive to take a chance. The first problem I had was the order form only saved half of my prescription, and there's no way for you to edit it once its been entered. When I called on the phone they were nice, but didn't really know how to go about fixing the problem.

I eventually got my glasses, but the quality level was disappointing. If you can imagine sticking the cheapest possible Chinese-made lenses into a frame from a gas-station it wouldn't be far off. My previous prescription sunglasses were Oakleys, and the quality difference from both the frame and lens are very noticeable.

In short, Warby Parker is selling the cheapest possible glasses using great web design and PR, but the product itself falls short. If you want to buy online instead of in a store then http://www.zennioptical.com has the some thing for $13 instead of $125.

karenr34
1/26/14

Best experience ever getting a thing I hate - glasses. I have two regular pair and one prescription sunglasses and I am happy with the style, price, service and performance. Yes, the first time I ordered on line, I was asked if I'd approve an extra $30 for high index lenses if my prescription required it and I did see the $30 on my bank card for a day , but it was credited back without my asking. I consider this a computer glitch, not some scheme to cheat the customer. I've chatted over style selection by email, lovely people, quality product. Shop here!

waynel22
12/16/13

Be careful when buying from Warby Parker. Twice now I've ordered glasses from them and the amount shown on the screen does not match what they actually charge. Fortunately, both times I printed out the page before I pressed the button to order. And both times, my $95 glasses magically turned into $145 when the order confirmation e-mail came. The first time it happened, customer service was very quick to issue me a credit, so I assumed it was a fluke. Now, a few months later, it's happened again. So it's not a fluke. My guess is that part of the business model is to automatically bump people into the higher-index lenses, even if they don't need them, and hope that nobody notices. I notice. And I have both the printouts and the credits on my card statement from Warby Parker to prove it.

Not reputable.

dianeg10
8/19/13

Ordered a pair of glasses last year for one daughter. Ordered a pair this year for another daughter. Great, friendly customer service, perfect glasses for both girls. Highly recommend!

emilyw12
5/20/13

I was looking for prescription sunglasses and came upon this site. I was not too sure about it because I had never heard of it before and they didn't have a very large selection of sunglasses. Also, the prices are extremely reasonable ($150 for RX sunglasses) AND they donate eye services to those in need. It seemed too good to be true. However, I tried out the home try on for free and received 5 pairs of glasses that I picked out. I had 5 days to try them on and return them with prepaid shipping. I didn't find any I liked in the home try on, and the ones I did like where not available for home try on. So, I chatted with an employee and found out that WP has a 30 day no questions asked return policy with free returns. I ordered my glasses, but it was taking longer than expected and I was about to leave for vacation. I called the toll free number and it went straight to an employee! I could not believe it- no buttons to push, etc. They expedited the shipping for free and changed the delivery address so that I would receive them at our vacation spot. I love my new RX sunglasses because they are great quality and I know someone in need will have glasses as well. I love Warby Parker and will be telling everyone I know about them!!

michaell
7/11/11

A very impressive eye wear company selling amazing products for a really good cause. Everything is top notch, including their designs, their product quality, their customer service, and even their website. I just can't say enough good things about Warby Parker:

1) Very trendy frames and prescription lenses for only $95 (yes, $95)
2) A website that allows you to try on frames virtually by uploading a photo
3) Allows customers to try up to 5 different frames in 5 days with a pre-paid return shipping label
4) 30-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy
5) Donates a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair sold
6) Works with non-profits to promote third-world women entrepreneurship

There's really no reason to ever buy expensive designer glasses again. Who knew a company could literally make the world a better place at the same time as providing you with the latest in trendy eye wear?

ronk
7/4/10

Trying on glasses can be a pain. Not every frame and shape works on every face, so the process consists mostly of guessing and testing. How your face is shaped can determine a lot of this, so buying glasses online is a bad idea.

Or is it? If you'd rather get an idea of the sorts of frames that work with your face without spending time in a store, check out Warby Parker's online showroom. Here you can not only browse an online store full of different sorts of glasses, but also upload a picture of yourself to try on glasses digitally.

The idea simply is that you'll like what you see and purchase glasses from Warby Parker, but you're by no means obligated to. If you just want to see if certain shapes look good on your face you're welcome to; there's no registration process for doing so.

There are only 46 glasses to choose from at this time, but it's still a great way to get a feel for the sorts of glasses that could work for you.

Have fun with it.
Ron

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Some companies use poor lens material I suspect. Acuity is not great. Lenses from other opticians are much better. Is this an illusion or fact?
5/22/15
Answer
johnr225
A: Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.
6/10/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Some companies lenses seem to result in poor acuity others result in better acuity...same prescription. How does this happen?
5/22/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Warby Parker?