US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

johnl172

Veterans United assigned Tina Cigala as my Loan Officer when I first applied for my home loan. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

josem61
10/27/14

i just purchased a new home thanx to veterans united. It was a smooth process led by my loan officer Cody Smith and his team. they were very knoledgeable, kept me abreast of things happening and i even closed ahead of schedule. They went out of their way to make sure everithing was on point. I reccomend veterans united to any vet, or any one looking for quality, honesty and a decent home loan.

terryg18
10/27/14

From the first time i talked to alex to the follow up calls with sheila and the help they gave me to find a great realtor.they were all very helpful,professional and very easy to deal with.I would highly recommend veterans united to anyone.Not many companies can do a V.A. Loan in less than 2months from the first phone call to close

sherryd9
10/21/14

We had an awesome home buying experience with Veterans United from beginning to end! From the first phone call, the process was smooth sailing. Our loan originator and his assistant (Will and Chris) were so hands-on and engaging but not too pushy. We ran into a small snag and were about to give up but the issue was resolved in one day's time! They got us the best interest rate and we were actually in a position to close a few days earlier. I thank them both and VA for making this a pleasant experience for us. We are ENJOYING OUR NEW HOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

jerryt21
10/17/14

If you are looking to use your VA benifit to purchase your home, I highy recommend "Veterans United." The two people who walked us through this whole process were, Christina Stegman, Loan Officer and Joanne Frers, Transaction Coordinator. We couldn't have asked for better team members. Wish they both lived in California as my wife and I would have them to the house for many dinners and a swims in our pool.

Thanks again Veterens United.

Jerry & Karen

inellj
10/17/14

I had a wonderful experience with the VA home loan representatives Doug and Adam they were awlsome they were professional at all times they were very kind,friendly and resourceful, They answer all my questions and they always returned my phone calls promptly. They made sure I was notify at all times what was going on with my loan. They made sure my Realtor had all my paperwork forward to her on time. also the rest of the staff worked very hard on getting my paper work done in time for closing. Thanks very much god bless you all for a job well done.

christianr22
10/16/14

The service is incredible. They guide me through the entire process of buying my first home. I would definitely recommend this company to everybody.

louisb44
10/15/14

The process went smooth Jon Abernathy went the extra mile when we got into a little bind. I would recommend him and this agency to my family and friends

johnl172
10/14/14

Veterans United assigned Tina Cigala as my Loan Officer when I first applied for my home loan. She has been my loan officer for 2 years. She is an outstanding person to work with and very honest and keen! She has always kept me up to date with my finances, documents that the under writers would need and gave me the best recommendations on how to raise my credit score to qualify for the amount of loan I needed. I would recommend Veterans United and Tina Cigala to any Veteran. My wife and I are so happy and proud to have met Tina Cigala and to have her as our Loan Officer. Thank you so much Veterans United for having the best of the best Loan Officers helping Veterans with Home Loans.

joet41
10/14/14

overall excellent experience lead by Katie Hayes, Loan Officer for United Veterans. I highly recommend to Veterans everywhere. First class from start to finish. No glitches, open communication, great follow-thru. United handled a full document VA loan for me, requiring myriad of documents without any problems. No headaches!
Great professional team!

williamp55
10/14/14

We had a wonderful experience with Veterans United.

jamesc183
10/11/14

You did a great
Job thank you all

philipl19
10/9/14

Veterans United really went out of their way to help my family. My loan officer did an amazing job and answered every question I had, no matter how annoying or seemingly dumb.

Overall the process was speedy and they really took care of my interests.

davidb200
4/21/14

Firstly, let me start with the positive, the loan process went very smooth, delivered everything as promised, always able to get in touch with my loan officer Steve Kincheloe. I give him 5 stars.

Below is the bad news.

I had a loan with Veterans United. I refinanced it to a different company at 2 points less. This made them very mad, to the point of calling me and telling me so. They have been sitting on my escrow refund for over 6 weeks now. It is just shy of $3,600. Every time I speak to someone, I get a different story, from check was sent 5 weeks ago, even though they cannot give me a check number or tracking information. I called multiple times and was never allowed to speak to the same "supervisor" twice. I get another email from Customer Service (name withheld) telling me the check has been mailed out. I was on the phone with a supervisor at the time of receiving it and was told that it was incorrect. The check would be sent via overnight and I would receive it the next day. One week later, after daily phone calls getting the same story, I am finally given a check number. This "proves" the check has been issued but has not been received by the correct internal dept. to send it out. We will overnight it and you will have it "by the of the week", according to a supervisor. Not sure what those jerks use for calendars but this was on a Monday, overnight would make receiving it Tues. Everyone I speak to has a different story. I asked if this was their Standard Procedure or they just made it up as they went along. They cannot be trusted at anything. I was told on last Friday the check would be overnighted but that FedEx does not deliver on weekends. WRONG. At the time I was told the check was in house, now the weekend has passed and the check has disappeared and is nowhere to be found. The check shows online as being issued one time, 4 days ago, not 6 weeks ago as they claim. I once thought they were a good company and gave them high marks. Apparently I was wrong. Somehow they always seemed to be able to get info to me when they needed it. I wish I could take back my previous review.

dianep24
2/22/14

Vet's bewared this site is nothing more than a information gathering for the government they will not get you a Mortgage. When you think your ready to close on a home they come up with a ton of more thing's to do. You end up losing the home you wanted. Lawyer's and Realtor's have no luck with them. SO STAY AWAY.

km43
1/26/14

After the initial contact with veterans united, my wife and I went through hoops ( more than the norm) to get a mortgage. After pre-approval and having the close date set by all parties including Veterans United, they changed the game and came up with a dozen more new things never used in the industry and we lost the house. Couldn't believe they employed these tactics. Even the realtors and lawyers jumped in to make them move forward. After doing some research, we found that there were many others in the same situation. Looking at numbers you'll find that Veterans United doesn't close on any mortgage. They are only a tracking source for the government. Our realtor had other clients using Veterans United that also didn't get sourced. They lied to us all the way to the end. Takes a lot of guts. Don't use them. You'll pay the price. They pass on all your information to government agencies.