US Government's NSF

7 Reviews for USAA

▼ Sort by: recent

jessicam77
9/27/14

My first bank in 10 years. Full recommendations for banking! Customer service is awesome and no hidden fees!

richf7
8/16/13

USAA is a company that has tremendous products and services AND phenomenal Customer Service. I moved both my auto and home coverage here. In fact, 2 months after moving my auto coverage here, a hurricane placed a large tree neatly on my car. USAA settled with a payment higher than I expected! This is after only 2 months of premiums in their pocket. Need I say more?

tedc3
6/29/13

USAA is a total pain to deal with now. Used to be a great company to work with, but seems to be leaving a membership service organization profile to a for profit company "Sell-sell-sell" profile company. They have increased their based membership rules. Used to be officer and their children only. Now any military person can use USAA (nothing wrong with that), but a sign of their goals and want of market share. Ever since they started bank services, they have gone downhill. Not the bank's fault in general, but seems to be more of a "let's make money" over membership policy. Other review sites show the downhill service since things changed too. Most reviews place the "Fall" about 3 years ago. Not sure what happened. Maybe a management change. They still have great prices, but if you have to use them or need them, good luck on you endeavor.

5/19/13

USAA.com is pretty good if you are ex-military or military, for investing and things like that...

melissam9
Apprentice Reviewer
9/25/11

Okay, when you have plenty of money, then they try charge all kinds of fees. Plus they say deposit at home.

nancyw4
1/22/11

My husband was in the military and I have to say I am usually in shock about how rude govt people are but this actually was quite pleasant to deal with them so kudos for you.

darwins
9/24/09

Well first of all you have to have served in the military or be a child or dependent of a military person in order to qualify for membership (free). A visit to the site will show you an array of products and services that I won't try to elaborate on here. The site is famous for getting you to the right person in record time. The person you first speak to usually can handle any question or solve any problem you have (except for adding huge quantities of dollars to your account just for fun) or they will transfer you to the right person while staying on the line to make sure you get to that person. They are extremely friendly, courteous and always professional, perhaps because they deal with military personnel from all over the world every day. Their services are amazing like free checking, free checks, no fees for low balances, free ATM usage (up to a reasonable point) and they rebate your ATM fees back to your account each month which, by the way, they pay you interest on. You can deposit any check from home or from your cell phone (up to $2000 per day, provided you have a scanner at home or a camera in your phone. Their bill-pay service is free, their Auto insurance is probably the lowest in the nation and they rebate part of your annual premium to you depending on their claims for the year. They have a low cost investment account available, savings, teen accounts, college accounts designed to get kids started managing money with more options and free stuff than any of their competition that I know of. You can obtain a mortgage, car loans and lots of other financial services. USAA also has periodic deals with various providers to save you money like ADT home security systems. All in all, USAA is absolutely the finest company of any kind I have ever done business with./...and NO, I don't have any affiliation with them other than literally all of my financial business is with them, but trust me, this is an honest review and I would (and have) recommend USAA to anyone who has ever served in the Armed Forces or is somehow connected to someone who has. Enjoy.

Best Online Banking Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber