US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

josepha35
5/19/15

I have had USAA insurance for ore than 15 years and never had them question a claim and I have had many of them. My first one was when a storm came thru and knocked over 2 trees that fell on my fence. They asked for pictures and an estimate of what it would cost to have them lifted off my fence cut them up and remove them. I sent them to them and was surprised to find they did not pay for the fence and have the tree removed they paid for the cost of the trees. When I was living in Belgium we had our house burn down and we had renters insurance with them all they asked for was a list of what we lost and the cost to replace our loss. This year they replaced the roof of my house. They sent a guy out and looked at it and said ok we will fix it. This year I had a car that was 2 years old and a guy ran a red light all my car was good for after that was a junk pile. The next day the adjuster came and looked at it and told me how much they would give me. I could not believe what they gave far more than I thought it was worth. Many insurance companies call and ask if I want to change companies and offer me a quote for insurance I tell them I will look at the quote but you will be wasting your and my time I am not going to change. I have not been given a quote that comes close to what I pay. So change? I think not.

michaelh121
5/14/15

I do business with USAA, both in banking and auto insurance, and I have had good experiences with them over the years. Their website is easy enough to navigate and seems to be well-maintained as I have never had any problems with it. I agree with one review that says that USAA makes a vet feel valued, both as one who has served in the military and as a customer; other banking entities and auto insurance companies could learn much from USAA and their webmasters. I say bravo, USAA!

darrinn
5/4/15

lI have to say unlike VA the USAA bank does make you feel special having served your country in the military. Which isn't somthing vets see very much in America after you have served your served your country.

gracee8
4/17/15

I love the fact that they reimbursed all atm fees. They also have great rates on loans.

jessicam77
9/27/14

My first bank in 10 years. Full recommendations for banking! Customer service is awesome and no hidden fees!

richf7
8/16/13

USAA is a company that has tremendous products and services AND phenomenal Customer Service. I moved both my auto and home coverage here. In fact, 2 months after moving my auto coverage here, a hurricane placed a large tree neatly on my car. USAA settled with a payment higher than I expected! This is after only 2 months of premiums in their pocket. Need I say more?

tedc3
6/29/13

USAA is a total pain to deal with now. Used to be a great company to work with, but seems to be leaving a membership service organization profile to a for profit company "Sell-sell-sell" profile company. They have increased their based membership rules. Used to be officer and their children only. Now any military person can use USAA (nothing wrong with that), but a sign of their goals and want of market share. Ever since they started bank services, they have gone downhill. Not the bank's fault in general, but seems to be more of a "let's make money" over membership policy. Other review sites show the downhill service since things changed too. Most reviews place the "Fall" about 3 years ago. Not sure what happened. Maybe a management change. They still have great prices, but if you have to use them or need them, good luck on you endeavor.

davidd62
5/19/13

USAA.com is pretty good if you are ex-military or military, for investing and things like that...

melissam9
9/25/11

Okay, when you have plenty of money, then they try charge all kinds of fees. Plus they say deposit at home.

nancyw4
1/22/11

My husband was in the military and I have to say I am usually in shock about how rude govt people are but this actually was quite pleasant to deal with them so kudos for you.

darwins
9/24/09

Well first of all you have to have served in the military or be a child or dependent of a military person in order to qualify for membership (free). A visit to the site will show you an array of products and services that I won't try to elaborate on here. The site is famous for getting you to the right person in record time. The person you first speak to usually can handle any question or solve any problem you have (except for adding huge quantities of dollars to your account just for fun) or they will transfer you to the right person while staying on the line to make sure you get to that person. They are extremely friendly, courteous and always professional, perhaps because they deal with military personnel from all over the world every day. Their services are amazing like free checking, free checks, no fees for low balances, free ATM usage (up to a reasonable point) and they rebate your ATM fees back to your account each month which, by the way, they pay you interest on. You can deposit any check from home or from your cell phone (up to $2000 per day, provided you have a scanner at home or a camera in your phone. Their bill-pay service is free, their Auto insurance is probably the lowest in the nation and they rebate part of your annual premium to you depending on their claims for the year. They have a low cost investment account available, savings, teen accounts, college accounts designed to get kids started managing money with more options and free stuff than any of their competition that I know of. You can obtain a mortgage, car loans and lots of other financial services. USAA also has periodic deals with various providers to save you money like ADT home security systems. All in all, USAA is absolutely the finest company of any kind I have ever done business with./...and NO, I don't have any affiliation with them other than literally all of my financial business is with them, but trust me, this is an honest review and I would (and have) recommend USAA to anyone who has ever served in the Armed Forces or is somehow connected to someone who has. Enjoy.