US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

jamesb105
6/30/13

Well, if you go in store to buy a game or DVD then it's ok as you can see what you're getting and they can be cheap.

For anything else I would avoid like the plague.

The online side of it is dreadful. I ordered some RAM from them, but when it arrived it was the wrong thing. So, I dutifully notified them and opted to return it to them by recorded delivery which they said they would reimburse me for.
I waited. And waited. And waited. After a month I still hadn't heard anything (even though I know they had received my item). I emailed them and the said they were busy at the moment and would deal with it when they could. I pointed out that they had a legal obligation to resolve the issue within 30 days of me returning the product, which had since passed, and they replied that they'd do it when they got round to it. Several emails and weeks later the situation was the same, and so I said that I simply wanted a refund as I was going to buy the RAM from somewhere else.
3 months later I am still waiting for a refund for both the cost of purchase, and for the cost of my return postage. Keep getting nonsense emails fobbing me off. Infuriates me as I know that if I had taken something from CEX and wasn't giving it back I'd have the police round my door in a couple of days.
The long and short of it is that big companies are above the law and that the public are worthless cretins (in the eyes of companies and authorities).

I've stopped trading in games because every game I took in, the staff member would tell me that it was scratched (even though I look after my games extremely well and it was in the exact state that I received it off CEX a couple of weeks earlier) and thus they would only give me 50p instead of £4. I said forget it, but this has happened so many times now with perfectly good games that I think that it is merely a scheme to do people out of money as a lot of people will just say 'Oh, ok then'.

Avoid them before they screw you over, because sooner or later they will.

joek25
4/4/13

22 days in and yet to receive my product. Absolutely uselss and unprofessional. No method of communication whatsoever. Avoid this company at all costs.

adamt24
1/13/13

Recently I purchased a 7200RPM 500GB SATAII Hard Drive from the CeX online store. The checkout went smoothly, and my order was despatched the next day.

When the item arrived, to my delight the packaging was exceptional! A (folded over) jiffy bag, followed by two layers of bubble wrap and two paper bags would ensure that any hard drive would survive the punishment of Royal Mail.

When the hard drive was revealed, I was astounded to find out that it was a Segate hard drive (In my opinion the best brand). But, on inspection, I found out that this particular hard drive had only an RPM of 5900 (As it was an energy saving model) I let this slide, because of the cheap price and hooked it up to my PC. No bad sectors, and it was a VERY quick drive in benchmarks.

All in all, a brilliant experience. Just a shame it wasn't what was advertised on the website.

harryb5
4/4/11

Only used it as a buyer, but not impressed. Prices are good and delivery is free but it can take AGES for anything to arrive, and customer service is almost non-existent!

jillg2
10/18/10

i think this is the worst website i have ever been on! go on it if you want to loose alot of money and be messed about.