US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimn26

One of these clients has returned for more work, two of these other businesses will have more work in the future. (in 83 reviews)

dons55

The contractor assured me he was qualitied to do the job. (in 96 reviews)

darlenea4

I'm actually a service provider who utilizes "Thumbtack" for the majority of my business. (in 45 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ellenf19
4/28/16

Bill Kai and his crew came to my house to bid my job it was awesome had the bid within the hour and they came back and did the job did a awesome concrete finish on my patio awesome job kai and bill you guys are awesome keep up the good work guys

caril3

Andrew Davis, handyman.
Great all around handyman. He can do electrical, plumbing, general repairs and replace and fix broken appliances. He is courteous, a gentleman, calls ahead and is on time. He is friendly and will do what it takes to complete the job. He is honest and fair in his pricing. I highly recommend him and have given his contact info to friends, family and coworkers

wandas18
4/28/16

I contacted At The top Roofing , For a roof repair and he came gave me a quote .And we had him come to do the repair. He was here at the time he said and did the work was neat and inspected the whole roof.We found out the reason for the leak. The whole roof never stuck down .He was in and out of here in 30 min. for the repair. We had him come back and replace the whole roof and he gave use a price and a time table. He was here when he said he would and it took the 8 hours he said it would take , and he was neat with the job and the clean up .I think he did a great job it is the first time in my 58 years that I have hired someone and they did what they said they would do. at the price they quoted and I would hire he again for anything that he is able to do for me. Thanks At The Top Roofing for a great Job.Will Be in touch for my next project.

sallyb51
4/27/16

My contractor, Zackory Butts of Home Improvement Pros, has exceeded all expectations. I have used Zack for several projects - carpentry; masonry; landscape; to name a few. I will continue to call on Zack. Rates are fair; timely work; polite; and you can count on Zack to do exactly what he tells you he will do. Zack's contact number is 502-320-7789.

Respectfully,

Sarah Bryan
Frankfort, KY

janeh63
4/27/16

The painter I hired, Andy Ingenere did a very good job. I would hire him again.

paulinev2
4/26/16

First time we used them but I can tell you this it won't be the last. Steve the owner was so professional over the phone so I didn't expect anything less from him when they came to do the job. They were here when they said they were going to be here - which was a feat in itself considering they are coming all the way from the Modesto/Stockton area to SF. Assessed what they needed to do and promptly began working. How I wish all vendors are like Delta Power Wash and Steve. Makes my work as Facilities Manager so easy. Thank you Steve and will see you in four months!

chrysf1
4/26/16

My company has been working to obtain leads from Thumbtack for over 2 years. The leads are expensive, not qualified and the bidding process is a joke! The whole system of bidding is NOT based on experience or location it IS based solely, according to Thumbtack, on the speed of your internet. Business owners do yourself a favor, don't waste your money, time or effort on Thumbtack.

johns1281
4/25/16

MY wife and I selected K.N.E. Solutions, LLC from a list of contractors on Thumbtack site for the Jacksonville area. It was the first time that we have utilized an on-line referral service and we were pleasantly surprised with the results. Ed Capps, his wife and crew did a great job on the window-washing, inside and out and tracks; cleaning of the tile floors in kitchen and bathrooms as well as the hardwood floors, floors look like brand new. They then cleaned the carpet in our sun-room which had several deep stains that were created by our pets and moved all of the furniture to be sure all of the carpet was cleaned properly. We will definitely have them back again and highly recommend their services to anyone in our area. John & Nancy

cist
4/24/16

I recently hired Helen Gain of Aunty Helen's Kitchen for my sons rehearsal dinner. The food was fabulous and Helen was wonderful to work with. She took the time to set up a beautiful spot for the serving dishes. I highly recommend her for any catering needs you may have..btw her garlic mashed potatoes are beyond belief!! If you choose her for your catering needs you won't be disappointed..

greggp4
4/22/16

I have been a "Professional Photographer" listed on Thumbtack since near their birth. At last count, I have worked 60 jobs for them. Clearly they have provided me a lot of business over the last three years, but I have paid for it. I have been budgeting about $100 a month to Thumbtack bids which run from about $3 to $$15 depending on the event. In the last few months I have been keeping very close tabs on each bid. I have been hired about 5% of the time and about 12% of the time, the client hires someone else.

What bothers me is that about 70% of the time, the person that requests a bid that we pay for, does not hire anyone or Thumbtack is unable to provide documentation of what the client did. This is on Thumbtack. They need to screen or let clients know that we are paying to bid on their requests.

Recently, Thumbtack raised their prices (credits per bid) and therefore, I dropped my Thumbtack budget by 25%. At first, I replaced that budget going towards Gig Salad (worthless thus far) and GigMasters (has potential).

Thumbtack's income is based solely on these bids. They do not charge a booking fee and there is no membership subscription. The other two that I have mentioned charge subscription fees and modest booking fees. Personally, I appreciate being able to be reckless with my bids on GigMaster knowing that 70% of the clients on Thumback have no real intention of hiring a pro. I don't mind paying a $15 or $20 fee for a legit booking.

steveh159
4/20/16

I believe this business is a ripoff. We are a cover band and have been playing for years with good response from other booking sites. I get about 10 times as many request for bids from Thumbtack than all the others put together. The problem is I have yet to get one reply on a bid, request for more information or a contract. In that you have to pay a fee up front to get leads and they deduct different amounts depending on the lead, just does not ring well with us. Yesterday, a Tuesday, I got 8, yes 8, leads for a wedding band in the same day. I passed on all as my experience in the pass is it is a waste of time and money. We are a seasoned group that get many gigs playing and always looking for ways to get more. Which got us to try Thumbtack. Most leads we get have questionable information about them and errors. We have received many with the same information or errors in the request. Just can't believe so many different people make the same errors or ask the same questions. Besides with other sites we use, about half request more information or respond one way or the other. Not going so far to say this is a scam but do believe they send out false leads just to get you to use up your funds and have to deposit more.

jeremyc49
4/20/16

Charlene Chartier is a great massage therapist. She really knows what she is doing. you can tell she is very knoweledgable and experienced. Great experience.

paulan13
4/17/16

Beyond Clean is a company that I would highly recommend for cleaning your carpet. The best choice package is worth the value. Daryl is very professiona, courteous, outstanding at what he does. He worked quickly and did a wonderful job on my carpet. His work was thorough and detailed. My carpet was a mess with stains, on stairs and landings and high traffic areas. I am well pleases their work and would recommend Beyond Clean to all my friends and family. KUDO's to to your staff and your efforts to go the extra mile. Outstanding job!!!!!!!! 5 STARS for you!!!!!!!

pameab
4/15/16

Although I went with another landscaper as he did both types of work this company was very kind about me changing my lawn service...I am sure they would do great work

davids496
4/15/16

I have been a part of thumbtack sense early 2015, I have gotten 10 jobs from the site, now I have put in 65 quotes ranging from 3 credits to 9 credits have only got ten, now the funny thing is thumbtack made a big mistake by sending me a monthly review, now on this review they show you how many bids that I was the lowest bidder hmm I didn't get any of the jobs, I have now called the Albany ny BBB they have officially taken 950.00 in bids from me and the big mistake thumbtacks is making is they answer your quotes and ask if I can come take a free quote at there house , I said yes I can the funny thing is the text talking stops 3 minutes later the quote has been taken down because customer is waiting for a better time you are scumbags thumbtack you should be in jail stealing thief I am shutting this down I went to an attorney I am asking any other contractors have had same issue my lawyer is willing to add you to this law suit I am about ready to serve to them. I will not stand for my hard earned money to be taken from me

jamese74
4/14/16

I am a wedding officiant. I can say this: out of many, many requests for quotes, I've quote on about 18, never gotten a job out of it. I can't say whether the requests are valid or phony; I can say it was a waste of money.

tracyc80
4/12/16

Excellent job very detail oriented and meticulous work! Very pleased with the services will highly recommend them to everyone!!!!!!

jl121
4/11/16

Brandon painted my house and never finished.He did little prep, bad workers and did a sloppy job.Now I have to hire someone else for a few thousand more.What a total ripoff.Even got paint on my brand new roof.I complained and Thumbtack never helped me get him or my money back.

mauraw1
4/11/16

I used your service to employ an electrician after purchasing my first home in a unfamiliar state. I choose one of ur advertised electrician mario sabetello from interstate. Nothing but issues mario was supposed to b focused on replacing a box that needed to b updated so I could obtain homeowner's insurance. Mario has nvr submitted the necessary paperwork to my agent almost onr year later. Mario nvr returned to label the box and I had to employ yet another electrician to do that and recently yet another electrician who eas doing a separate job for me had to fix marios work. I nvr received bills as promised from mario to show his work or supplies or anything altho I have e mailed him for these as well as the paperwork to my insurance agent. He left a gaping hole in my kitchen ceiling where he installed a fan and just covered it with a piece of wood. He was supposed to come back and repair the sheetrock. What a horrible experience. I will nvr use or recommend thumbtack or interstate electric to anyone!

oseiasr
4/10/16

Love your work, my home every time you come is wonderful! you work very well! for this reason have you to 3 years cleaning my house ... love your work, cleaning and excellent and you are trustworthy! thanks

miken83
4/6/16

Thumbtack is fake and there should be a class action lawsuit against this company. Leads are bogus.

carlosv20
4/6/16

Please don't spend any money on this. You will not receive any leads from it. You are better off investing somewhere else. PLEASE BELIEVE ME - If you look at ALL of their public pages -they have removed the reviews sections - because they are not HELPFUL.
There customer service was also a disaster - but you can always give them a try and see for yourself - I don't normally leave negative reviews- I just don't have time for that. But I think this is worth letting people know about it. I'm not sure if it is based on fake profiles, but we did not receive ONE lead from 20 quotes we sent out.

ronb74
4/6/16

The clients on this sight are price hounds, and don't want quality work, they'll keep withdrawing and re-submitting requests tile they find some unlicensed, untrained, inexperienced side gig hustler to do the job for the price of lunch at McDonald's instead of paying a real professional. I suggested to thumbtack several times to also charge the potential client credits as well to filter out the frivolous inquiries.

ginar28
4/5/16

This site is a financial nightmare for a service provider. My company wasted some money and moreover, time communicating with leads who were evidently not serious. Professionals, beware of this company, as well as all others like it designed to drain small businesses.

faste12
4/4/16

Horrible - It's easy for your competition to post false jobs for you to bid on without being able to recoup your credits.
I lost a lot of money. Please DON'T use this app.
You NEVER got your money back!!!

lindam252
4/2/16

Hebert from H&M painting was exceptional. Fair price and did more than I asked for.Very clean and professional. I will hire him to do my next painting job.

johnh488
3/31/16

I used Best rate moving for a local move. Best thing I ever did . they were great! Thank you Bam,Willie,Jhon and Kenny! I'd use them again in heartbeat.

John Harrison

briant76
3/29/16

Had three professional, nice guys come out to move a couch. Climb outdoor stairs with ease, careful with not scratching couch. Friendly and good natured. Fabulous job guys!

betha171
3/29/16

Dupage Home Services of Aurora, IL, quoted on and was chosen for our bathroom and powder room remodel. Very reasonable and has been in business a long time. My only disappointment was in the lack of a consistent crew to start the job. The two craftsmen who completed the job were great, both professionally and personally. What started as a two week job ended up taking a total of six weeks, not all their fault as we had to wait on some backordered materials.The outcome was beautiful and met our expectations. Very happy!

stacyl53
3/28/16

I just got licensed and insured and opened an electrical company. I spent months advertising by way of yellow pages, angies list, craigslist, home adviser, local adds.
All with no luck. But one hour after signing up with Thumbtack I have email after email of people wanting bids.
I think it is A scam for me to purchase credits, the math does not work out.

kates69
3/28/16

I'm a local DJ and I used to quote often on Thumbtack. I would perhaps book 1 out of every 12 events I quoted - which was okay. There are many HUGE DJ companies around my area that no doubt would quote on everything.
Now, Thumbtack have introduced a new pricing structure and basically now it costs about 7 credits to quote on any events where the price is $500 or more. It's literally costing a fortune to quote on jobs now and I've stopped quoting completely. It's a shame because I think Thumbtack had the right idea when they started out, but just go too greedy.

robertj130
3/27/16

jordand25
3/25/16

We hired him from Thumbtack for tiling a bathroom shower. He was right on time with his completion date, clean and organized at all times. He even helped us with the overall design of the bathroom and his ideas were fantastic! He is a true artist when it comes to tile installation. Thanks again Mike Parker for our wonderful shower and bathroom!

laurad92
3/23/16

Pros beware, the customer doesn't pay anything to request a quote, YOU DO! They don't even have to be serious to fill out a generic form and Thumbtack get's on average $7.50 of your money just to respond. They openly admit a 3% conversion rate. So how serious are you about building a business if you are willing to throw away money on potential customers who don't even go through a vetting process. They only have to fill out a series of questions.
The kickers is Thumbtack requires you to pay a package of credits up front.

victoires
3/22/16

We have used this service for over five years and are extremely satisfied. These are
very responsible and honest people. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

lesliea17
3/22/16

Dewayne and his crew did an outstanding job at 2 of my homes. They were professional and pleasant. They were fairly priced. We enjoyed working with them because they wanted to make us happy and they did. I highly recommend!

Leslie Anderson

calvinm38
3/22/16

Michael with Mountaineer Construction Services did a tremendous job on my roof and other projects around my house. He acted very professional,courtious honest and went the extra mile to help us with our home improvements

davidv64
3/20/16

I contacted Mr. Danny Bugeanu of DL Marble through Thumbtack and hired him to remove carpet and install wood floors in my three bedroom residence. His initial response to my ad was very prompt and his proposal was very reasonable. We had a phone conversation to discuss the work and his demeanor was very pleasant and professional. He did a beautiful job, followed the timeline we established for the work, and he was always in phone contact if there was a need for a delay of any sort. He is truly a professional and it was a pleasure to deal with him. His attention to detail and quality of work are excellent and I would highly recommend his services without equivocation whatsoever.

brucep36
3/20/16

Recently I just had a electrician referred by Thumbtack in the Pittsburgh area. His name is Glen Beu from GPB Electrical Services. I must say that I made a excellent decision in contacting him and hiring Glen to do the job. I did call a few other electricians for a quote thru email,plus also had a on site quote. The others were a lot higher, plus they were trying to convince me that they needed to do additional work on my house before they could do the work I wanted done.
Glen came up completed the work without trying to convince me that I needed additional work before he could start the work that I wanted done. My opinion of Glen he is very professional, courteous ,thorough and honest. He cleaned up after the job was finished and appreciated that we were pleased with his work. I am a member of Angie's list but I must say that Thumbtack is a lot more efficient and prompt in having the professionals contacting you. If all the contacts from Thumbtack are like Glen Beu I will use Glen and Thumbtack all the time. Again, if you are looking for a great electrician . Contact Glen Beu for your electrical work.
Thanks,
Bruce P
P.S. I must inform you that I am not affiliated with Thumbtack and/or to Glen Beu. I am just a happy and satisfied customer.

mya43
3/20/16

We had a great experience with JT Douglas team .
We will
Absolutely have them again and again and wIll suggest to all friends .

edv25
3/18/16

Judith and her crew were outstanding on the jobs I had them do for me. They arrived on time, ready to work, and took no shortcuts. I would definitely use them again.

yessicad
3/18/16

I am very happy with the services that I received from Dr. Murray S. Kaufman. The first time that I visited him I literally was a mess. I was dealing with IBS, and the condition was killing me because I didn't know how to live with it. I went to see Dr. Kaufman with the intention to receive a hypnosis protocol for IBS. I started the protocol; however, the doctor realized that I was suffering from anxiety disorder that was making the IBS flare up, and I started a therapy to work on that. Dr. Kaufman helped me to find the roots of my anxiety and how to deal with them. Every session was very productive, and I learned a lot about myself and dealing with my conditions. Now, I am in a much better place in life, and so thankful to Dr. Kaufman, because he helped me to overcome one of the darkest moments of my life. He is very knowledgeable, dedicated and professional. I recommend him from my heart to yours.

janiceb44
3/17/16

I was very very pleased with job!! I will definitely call him again.

phoebeg2
3/15/16

I have hired 2 lawn maintenance services within the past year in the Tampa Bay area, through Thumbtack.com (Thornley's Affordable Home Service and All Around Lawn Maintenance).

Both proved to be extremely unreliable and highly unprofessional characters.

Josh Thornley of Thornley's Affordable Home Service, seemed trustworthy and did a thorough job on my lawn during the first, and only 2 other times he decided to keep his word and take care of my lawn. However, it didn't take long before he showed his true colors.

Although I told him I was on a fixed income and would only be contacting him as needed, instead of weekly or bi-weekly, the last time I dealt with him, he chose to text me between 11pm - 11:40pm of all times, asking if I needed my lawn done. He was almost begging.

After I approved his visit, he didn't get back to me until the following morning, saying he would come by that afternoon. Sounded great to me. The whole afternoon passed and I never heard from him. I had to text him twice, to find out if he still planned on coming, and if not, I told him he needed to let me know. At the end of the day, he finally responded with, "No, I can be there tomorrow if that's okay." I told him this was not okay, and made him aware that I ended up wasting my entire day waiting for him to show up.

After telling him I no longer wanted to do business with him, he apologized and kept texting me, trying to win back my business. He even offered to do my lawn for free!

Still, I stuck to my guns and unhired him via text, as well as, on Thumbtack. I wanted him to know that his unprofessional behavior was totally unacceptable and I was definitely done.

More recently, I dealt with Dustin Quigley of All Around Lawn Maintenance. I also explained to him that I was on a fixed income, and would contact him as needed. I even told him how the last person treated me. He assured me he was different and asked me to text him whenever I needed lawn maintenance.

He was very talkative (too talkative at times), friendly and seemingly, willing to assist. He did a decent job when he came.

I felt as if we built a good rapport, so I was confident that he would be a keeper. Once again, I was wrong.

He showed up at least 2 or 3 times as promised, and since the lawn had not been growing during the winter months (figuring he was aware of this himself, specializing in lawn care), I contacted him recently. Last week to be exact.

I was courteous enough to apologize for the length of time I had not reached out to him, and asked him to come by and take care of my lawn. I also asked him how much he would charge to do a little extra work such as; raking leaves, cutting limbs and bushes.

The whole day passed without a response. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and chalked it up to him being busy. So, I texted him again the next morning, asking if he received my text and to let me know whether or not he was still interested in doing business. The whole morning went by, into the afternoon. No response.

He pretty much ignored and wrote me off without warning or cause.

From there, I decided to unhire him on Thumbtack. Then I texted him, making him aware that I am convinced he doesn't want my business and I will look elsewhere. I never received so much as, "I'm sorry." He basically proved himself as a COWARD!

In the beginning of my dealings with both of those individuals, they urged me to give them good reviews on Thumbtack. Who does that?! That within itself should have told me something was not right with them.

Unfortunately, I fell for their lies, and gave them 5 stars and excellent feedback.

Until they BS someone else, everyone will believe they are legitimate business persons who are 100% worth their time and money!

That in turn, makes Thumbtack seem upstanding as well.

Now, I can't even undo those good reviews to let everyone know how disgusted I am with these clowns. Thumbtack doesn't provide that option for some strange reason.

Word of advice, if you need to hire someone to do big or small jobs around your home, DO NOT USE THUMBTACK.COM!!!!!!

Sometimes, we get what we pay for.

Go online and search for reputable companies/establishments in your area, with real credentials, websites and actual business cards to hand out upon their arrival, that specialize in the projects you need assistance with. A regular handy man is not going to be reliable in the long run.

TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN BURNED TWICE BY THUMBTACK AND THEIR UNPROFESSIONALS!

heides1
3/15/16

Got an appointment. Was contacted before my appointment to give a review, so obviously I could not give a review. Sent message from Thumbtack that they were redirecting me to someone else. Woman I had my appointment with knew nothing about the switch. Never had my appointment and I am still getting daily requests for a review of my experience which I never had. No one seems to know what's going on at this company. As they say the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

johnf222
3/14/16

As a self-employed individual I have used Thumbtack faithfully for more than 16 months to try to grow my businesses (2) with mixed results. Yes, they have provided me with new leads that I have used to gain new customers. And, Yes, I have paid them for this: approx. $235 in calendar 2015 to submit my bids.
I find their new "bidding system" which they claim to be more accurate to be just the opposite! I'm a handyman and dog walker/pet sitter. The credits they have assigned to bid on some plumbing and electrical jobs are totally out of whack with the relative size/profitability of the jobs. I have continually complained directly to them about this and only receive "boilerplate" scripted responses that never really address my complaints.
So, if you're trying to obtain new leads and grow your business, I suggest you look at other marketing techniques. I have found Thumbtack to be helpful, but in the end, unresponsive to my criticisms of their policies.

tomt82
3/13/16

The leads are probably bogus and cost big $ to submit quotes.
I would gladly pay a much heftier fee being awarded a project vs. squandering $ on quotes
that go nowhere. Of course, that's so much more profitable for Thumbtack to drum up quotes ...since I believe most are bogus or are from homeowners just kicking the tires with no thought of ever letting out the work.

jackieg32
3/12/16

Gary Hilton/ Gary's landscaping did a great job. He also gave great information about weed control also reasonable price. Thx Gary.

timn19
3/12/16

James Ireland is very knowledgeable experience and professional. He wasted no time in getting the job done. He informed us along the way . He was honest and and fair. We will hire him again !!

duruvank
3/10/16

Please never ever choose Lake Houston Property Mainteance for any work , they are registered with Thumbtack and the company is fraud. The owner Jason Antinori charged $1500 for some few home repaiors but actually did NOT do the work, my real estate agent confirmed Jason did not do the carpet shampoo nor the ac/dryer vent cleaning. The worse part is the guy stole our paver bricks from the garage, concrete bags and tiles from our attic. HE IS A THIEF, beware I have been trying to reach this guy and texting him, but no resposne

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: We'd love to help you find a professional in your area who can help you with moving your china cabinet, Sau. To submit a request, please copy and paste this link into your URL: https://www.thumbtack.com/. Once you answer a few questions and send out your request, you can receive up to 5 quotes from local pros. You can then view their quotes and profile and hire when you're ready. Have a great day!
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: We love that you're wanting to post a review. Reviews are one of the most valuable ways for potential future customers to see how your experience was with the professional you worked with, Brian. You can leave a review for the professional by following the steps on this page: https://help.thumbtack.com?ar=kA131000000WKZp. Just copy the link and paste it into your URL.

Have a great day!