US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

debrak8
10/15/14

Kathryn was not only very personable,a pleasure to work with,she is an incredible visually talented designer.We worked as a team which she preferred and re-designed and re-purposed my courtyard located on the side of my house.Kathryn always consulted and made suggestions to me before making any changes.She moved outdoor table and chairs in to a much more functioning area of the courtyard and painted all of the furniture,which was rusting, a pretty off white.She place a small decorative column as as a center piece for the rounded patio table and placed a small potted plant on to it . Then she surrounded the column with vibrant,colorful candles in little tin painted bucket-like holders. She re-organized placement of potted plants and put them in both better visual and a more flowing pathway to walk through .Along the wooden fence she hung a warm white string of lighting which added a relaxing mode..She also re-purposed some cement ,mosaic tiles I had made a long time ago and had laying around,and she created a stepping stone path leading up to the front gate of the courtyard.She actually found numerous art pieces that were not being used for anything.Kathryn managed to clean them all up and displayed them my hanging them in various spaces of the surrounding wooden fence.She also found random white shells,cleaned them up and made a really pretty group display with those too.More hanging plants were added along with some tactful solar lighting and we have a very comfortable added space to spend time at our home now,thanks to Kathryn.

Tip for consumers: Kathryn is not only easy to work with she knows how to save you money.

jamib2
10/13/14

they weren't great. they try to be user friendly on the consumer side but make it harder and harder for vendors to provide quality information - got to the point where I deleted my account because it was ridiculous to pay to find out I didn't want to bid a job.

lizb20
10/5/14

Jennifer at Lucky Dog Pet Sitting/Walking service is excellent. She not only takes care of the dogs but she falls in love with them. Her attention to detail due to my dog's health concerns was outstanding. I believe the dogs hated to see us return.

paulm157
10/4/14

I think reading by Jessica was great and she is a wonderful person with a good spirit thank you so mush I owe all my happiness to you

maryt56
9/22/14

If you are Thumbtack you are in quite a little niche scam spot for the time being. As an individual trying to provide a service... DONT DO IT. "leads" for nearly $8 a pop and not necessarily a way to follow up? B.S.

margif
9/18/14

MaryEllen Yeo tutored my daughter for the SATs over the past. She was fabulous and helped bring her scores up. I would thoroughly recommend MaryEllen as a tutor for any student. My daughter said, "Mom, MaryEllen is more than a tutor. She is like a Life Coach!!!" I totally agree as MaryEllen gave her hints an advice on how to approach any situation.

richarda53
9/15/14

Ruben Chacon (Stricks & Stones modification & Repair) Has done many up grades in my Home and has done a very Good Job at all that was given to him. I bought property in Big Bear California and I have been talking to him about building a House on it. I really recommend him very highly. Richard Aguirre (Retired Electrician).

latoyab
8/27/14

Thumbtack has people posing on their site as professional hair braiders and they are far from it. There is a lady whose name is Mz. Toya posing as a professional braider and she is not. I learned of her throught the site thumbtack.com. She quoted me one price and when she was finished with my hair she charged me $50 extra! I paid her because her house full of big children and I was alone, not to mention she argued with here children the entrie time while braiding my hair. Mz. Toya house was messy and she claimed that she had a professional styling area when I asked over the phone. She also had a dirty Cat lurking around sniffing everthing, she talked a hole in my head about her Men trouble, she took so many smoke breaks we started at 8am and still was not finished at 7:30 pm. The style I wanted was Crochet Seneglese braids. She ran out of hair at one point and had the nerve to send me back to the store that was 45 minutes away! It gets better, she got tired and could not finsh my hair after a full day and told me to come back the next day. When I called her the next day which I took off work for, she did not answer the phone until later that evening, so I never did go back, HORRIBLE! I called thumbtack! Yes, I called thumbtack to speak with them because I posted a detail review on their site and received a submitted confrimation, although I have yet to see my post of the review for this Mz. Toya person that is referenced on their site and moreover, thumbtack was not very helpful, so the long distance call I made to them was for nothing and a gross waste of my time and money! Mz. Toya is still on thumbtack.com posing as a professional while providing the terrible service I've just described. I will also contact the BBB.

Tip for consumers: Please beware since thumbtack.com may not be screening these people well.

glennm46
8/26/14

One star for trying. The joke about Thumbcrack is that I wasted over 1 hour uploading my information only to find out I cannot send a potential customer ( there isn't anyone there who needs service ) or lead any email or bids unless I spend $11.67 per Thumbcrack credits ( 7 is what I need to spend on ) $ 681.69 charged to paypal or credit card ? I don't believe I am the sucker they"re looking for. Run, run run ! from this site.

jamiep18
8/26/14

we use thumbtack to find our pastor to marry us pastor Donald W Smith from Paso Robles CA he is from the ChristianLifeCenter and it was a great experience we are very happy the pastor was wonderful we love him we suggest him to anyone

davidm204
7/22/14

Cindy Fritz made a commitment to come back & clean my apt.@ the end of July so I could recover my deposit & I've called her twice in the last 72 hrs.to confirm our appt.& she has not responded. I have a backup though, so I will be covered for my move-out. You should have called me to say you couldn't make it. That would be the right thing to do Cindy Fritz. You blew it!

tysonk8
7/8/14

If I could have given them a lower score I would have. This web based company is the biggest joke ever. After signing up and going though all the motions I began receiving "leads" Turns out not one of them bothered to respond, actually only 2 out of the 8 leads opened my bid. I then started researching things. Before I knew it I was reading over hundreds of negative reviews/complaints about this company. They have over 150 complaints at the BBB, all over their Facebook page etc. I would strongly suggest to anyone interested in doing business with them to do your homework.

carolineh13
6/22/14

I found the best cleaner I have ever had. Sherri Sherman was mature, reliable and very thorough. She worked overtime to help me get my project completed in time. My windows never looked so good...they looked brand new. She needed very little supervision and was reasonably priced. I highly recommend her.

dariusm9
5/20/14

i was not satisfied with the service from dupree jackson computer repair
i paid to get rid of virus off my computer.and still had them on there and had to pay another tec to get rid of them and could not even get a refund for a job he did not even do.

victorr17
5/15/14

I think this web site has a good idea of ​​how to do business, but they are focused on their behalf and the end user which most of the times are curiosities they have about prices from businesses and individuals who provide services, the problem is when businesses pay tumbtack, tumbtack informs the client and open communication between the two, if the client decides for one company, others end up paying without results and I think it's not fair, I think thumbtack should charge a higher fee only to those who wins the contract and charge little or no charge who gains nothing but notifications to push them to buy credits.

deanav
4/15/14

I officiate weddings and get 100% of my business through Thumbtack. You buy credits and then use your credits to bid on jobs. The website is very helpful in providing pointers for how to improve your odds and win business. If you have a service that is standard (as opposed to job specific where you couldn't deliver a price without visiting the location) then it's a great forum.

alliew9
2/9/14

I joined this site in hopes of better my business as photographer. At first i thought the site as great until i realized you cannot contact any of jobs being requested in your area they make sure to hide all contact information. As a result you pay $8.99 for 5 credits to send a quote to the costumer who seems interested in your services. You lose money on buying credits for quotes for leads they send you.
The site is rip off and should be reported to the BBB.

gc10
11/5/13

I finished my first manuscript, and with my first completed work, I had no idea where to start with finding a reasonably priced editor. So I found Thumbtack.com. I hired a woman by the name of Christine Stewart based out of Baltimore Maryland, who calls herself "The Real Writer". Well now I understand why she has to call herself that instead of people just assuming she was an actual writer, or an actual editor for that matter. She does an amazing job at selling herself as one, which was why I trusted in her to edit my manuscript. She had 3 reviews of 5 stars, and after doing some research, I took a chance with her. I paid her $800 for developmental editing of my full manuscript. This would include subjective editing for consistency, and flow, and structural improvement, as well as grammatical corrections, spelling and punctuation. After paying half of the fee up front, upon the last half of payment I should have received the manuscript with the editing marks, and the manuscript with all of the corrections made. A clean copy. What I got back was far from that. The clean copy was FULL of typos. She did not know how to format my document, which I had to correct myself. She did not finish making all of the changes throughout the document, handing it back to me and saying that I should make the corrections "for practice." She handed the manuscript back to me sooner than the deadline, but did not complete the job at an acceptable level at all. When I communicated this to her, she complained about having to leave a party early to finish the work. On another occasion she had the excuse of being sick. Overall the service was very unprofessional, and her attitude was very negative. She did not seem interested in the manuscript at all, which is fine if she didn't enjoy the story, but she should have shown interest in the work itself. As an editor, you will not always enjoy other people's work, but she is being paid to make corrections. When I gave Christine a negative review, she in turn got very nasty and made several responses in reply, using a personal email I sent to her, editing it to say things that I did not say. If you go to her page on Thumbtack, it clearly says that she has completed only 5 jobs with Thumbtack, yet she has 12 reviews in total, all except for mine giving her 5 stars with glowing reviews, which leads me to believe that she is posing as an editor, misleading amateur writers and duping them out of money.

Thumbtack.com contacted me about one of the reviews I wrote, asking if I actually dealt with Christine, and because I did not reply fast enough, they told me that they had to remove my review because Thumbtack had a policy of honesty. Well I replied telling them my story, pointing out that Christine was misleading and in fact not being honest when she has 5 completed jobs with Thumbtack and 12, 5 star reviews. No answer from Thumbtack, and her lies that she put up on her page about me are still there.
If you are a new writer, desperate to find professional editing services, DO NOT trust your hard work with CHRISTINE STEWART, or with THUMBTACK.com They are both a con and could care less about providing professional and honest services to anyone. Like the worse of them, they only care about making a buck.

cathyl9
4/17/13

I love thumbtack! They have the best customer service and actually listens to their customers feedback.