US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niesserp

Very young,but with lot of experience, she made a great job, you will not regret hiring her. (in 60 reviews)

deanav

I officiate weddings and get 100% of my business through Thumbtack. (in 30 reviews)

donh59

Joel Ramirez and his crew did a great job which met all my expectations and was completed in the time promised. (in 50 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chrisb230
2/12/16

It really is annoying and irritating when you think WOW, these A-holes waited to get some money then stopped sending potential client emails.....i gave them 30 bucks, now I know they are a scam.....NOT ONE response from any potential client...Is this what the internet is now, a bunch of scams hiding behind the curtain of the virtual world....

We need to get back to the way we used to do business, over the phone, face to face, and just more honest. But then I remember that its human nature to lie, steal, and cheat......especially in the world of business....

good luck everyone, its ok to test things out but once you know its BS, GET OUT!!

thomasl82
2/7/16

I have been trying to win photography jobs from this place for several months and have not got one job! I have even bid $25 on several jobs just to see if I would win just one job and haven't won even a single job! Don't waste your money!!

rebeccav11
2/5/16

Mr. Talley and crew installed a French Drain in a apartment basement. They were very professional and explained everything. Quality work, cleaned up each day before they would leave. I highly recommend them for any job. I will definitely hire them again.

Rebecca V.

billb148
2/1/16

I receive assignments everyday from Thumbtack,
some fellow photographers say this is a scam &
tell me to save my money !!!

jonathanc61
1/17/16

First off, they could care less about you. (The provider)

Second, it's nothing but fake customers and the tack won't give me the customers contact info so I have to use there site to contact my "customers".

Third, there website disign is awful. After I pay there stupid qoute fee, I have the right to every bit of their contact info.

Fourth, because I need thumbtack to reach out to my customers it almost always ends in disaster because there servers work less than half the time.

mandyc14
1/14/16

McDonald's Assemble Pick up and Delivery Did an amazing job Moving my friends pool table. Also very quick with disassembleing it. We love them. Thank you.

karinar5
1/14/16

I am an experienced writing professional and thought I would try to generate some side business via Thumbtack. If you don't respond to requests within a minute, you are blocked from submitting a quote. This is not personalized service, but simply who can respond the fastest. I just read other comments on the internet that suggest Thumbtack generates fake requests to defraud service providers. I have never received a response to any request I was able to respond to, nor have I received a quote for any request I posted. I think Thumbtack is a waste of time and money.

johnr297
1/13/16

my name john russo i had just bought a condo in charlestown mass i needed to update the kitchen and one bath i found joseph sobalo on thumbtack i like his pricing and the way he replied to me he worked within my budget and in a timely maner he told me all the differenet ways to save maoney he has been doing this type of work for 50 years i learned a lot about what materials you can buy from high end to low end he also did the painting i nam very happy with joseph and his work i have to give him a 5 star rating

rebeccae21
1/11/16

Jeff Crass the owner was extremely resonsive, personable and professional. He and 2 other movers were phenomenal in their work ethic, they moved the entire time with no breaks during the 5 hour move. I highly recommend them!!!!!!

jacquelineb19
1/11/16

Squared away moving with Steven statuary services where outstanding. I am so happy that I went with his company. He provides everything was professional. No job too big or small to move. Three flights of stairs were no problem for him. I would recommend him and his company to everyone. So thankful for his services!

angiec22
1/8/16

My home improvements were done wonderfully and successfully by David and Mickey Dunn. I will hire them in the future for any additional needs at my home. They are smart, trustworthy, capable of problem solving difficult situations, and have a wide range of skills among them. I am blessed to have had them as the repairmen of a large home improvement project. I highly recommend them.

terries3
1/5/16

A&J Painting replaced my cabinets in the kitchen, installed tile (very nice), faucet, and painted, very polite gentlemen, neat and clean. Looks great!! Would definitely recommend.

edp24
1/5/16

Molly Silva is an excellent, multi-talented, individual. From her impressive versatility, as an accomplished wedding singer, to her conducting solemn funeral proceedings -- Ms Silva is a person to count on for your truly special occasions. I, personally, witnessed her conducting a large funeral in Claremont. In addition to her sensitive consoling of the grieving family and friends, she sang several songs that clearly had a soothing effect and was appreciated by everyone in attendance. I asked her how long she had known the deceased? To my amazement, she had never met the woman -- she and the family did a great job to prepare her for this responsibility. Always punctual and prepared.

jessicai5
1/5/16

My husband tried Thumbtack out for 5 months. We invested money for credits but all the requests that came through could not be bid on without seeing the job in person. We used credits to contact the service requestor to ask for more info or to stop by and see the electrical issue in person. No one ever contacted us back so we could bid on any of the jobs. We essentially just flushed our money down the drain. What a ripoff!

deborahb46
1/4/16

Hired Pedro Alvarez(New Braunfels, Tx) in November, he insisted on large down payment "for supplies". Never worked more than 4 hours for a couple of days, then disappeared. I threatened to call the police and he came back, again worked an hour or two, then disappeared permanently. Hired him on Nov 11 to paint my house, was to take no more than 2 weeks. It is now January 4, haven't seen him in weeks. He took $5,250 from me and did not do the job. I am a senior whose husband died last year. I guess he figured I was an easy mark. I guess he was right.

francinek2
1/4/16

BalanceLife360 and Pauline Baylock have given me the confidence to manage my weight and maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. My new lifestyle and eating healthy is now who I am.
Pauline Baylock has encouraged me to become stronger both mentally and physically, providing support,advice, and motivation. Most importantly she believes in me.She challenges me to try new and the unfamiliar.
Together with BalanceLife360 and Pauline Baylock, I believe,stay strong,and become my own empowering inspiration.

eishah
1/2/16

This company was professional and affordable. The drying time was short and the cleaning chemicals were not offensive. ☆☆☆☆☆

This is my 4th time using G K carpet cleaning & I'm impressed!

milliez
12/31/15

Thumbtack is 100 times better than Angie's list. We through Thumbtack found a lot of good handyman and contractors. We use them frequently. We're Angie's list member too. We have to search handyman by ourselves in Angie's website. Ton of names and companies come out and we have to send questions or make phone call. Almost of them on the list they're so rude to respond me message or total ignore my inquire message. But Thumbtack always let us fill out an form to detail what we're looking for. Then in 24 hours will have some handyman or contractors contact us. They're very nice and polite.I'm going to cancel the membership at angies's list even thought they only cost me $9.99

katherenej
12/23/15

Today, December 23,2015, Reggie Green, a Mounting Specialist, installed my flat screen TV to my wall.His service was excellent!!! He consulted with me and explained everything he was during while he mounted my TV to the wall.I was so impressed with his work, that I asked for cards so I could post them on the information board where I reside so other may contact him for service. I also asked for cards to give to my family and friends. I highly recommend Reggie Green! I was so impressed!.

marthak21
12/20/15

I recently found Dwayne Goodwin and asked if he could do a few paint jobs around my house to clean up previous work another contractor preformed and I couldn't get to return to fix. Not only did he do a great job he improved the previous job quickly and affordable.

ericb104
12/17/15

I used Thumbtack to find a contractor who builds patio decks. They ended up giving my information to a convicted felon who built a patio for me and has now collapsed. I am trying to file a small claims action against this man but Thumbtack will not provide me the information so I can contact him. The contact information I have is no longer valid. I have currently reached out to action 9 for help. My main point is Thumbtack does not VET out their contractors so everyone please be careful.

caroln15
12/16/15

Met Jonathan and Lily yesterday for the first time and I was impressed with the fine, through quality of their work. Just as important is the fact that I felt extremely comfortable having them in my home. They're hard working, highly efficient and I feel so lucky to have found them - (there have been more than a few disappointments) that we're now signed up for recurring appointments and I'll be looking forward to their house cleaning visits instead of dreading them.

benp48
12/14/15

Had the need of an quality welder and time was a concern selected Angel Bennett found her to be professional timely and of the utmost caliber would use her on any project in the up coming year well done

deborahe11
12/13/15

I needed information to help me with a court case and didn't know how to go about it.
Curtis was very helpful and kind ! He was able to obtain a lot of information that was helpful for me to move through the process ! He was professional and more then reasonable in his fee !
I would highly recommend him for all your investigating needs.

Deborah

sherem
12/12/15

Brian was an great contractor. He was fair in pricing, and very pleasant to work with. He did the majority of my roofing and dining room remodel. It made the project go about 2 weeks over projection, but it was worth the wait

mugurelo
12/11/15

Yefri and his partner from Castillo Flooring Services in Marietta, Georgia did a great job installing my bamboo floor. Their job met all my expectations and was completed in the time.

dannyl33
12/10/15

Hi I have my company which master handyman LLC I never getting any job from thumbtack also they not tell anybody if you lose the bitter no information I don't like wasting time

catherinem32
12/8/15

I paid one of your contractors Alex of Silver Spring $475.00 to do a job at my house in College park which he never did and has refused to refund my money despite several phone calls and false promises. How do I get my money back? Can you assist?

joec135
12/4/15

I originally had 96 reviews and they took away 56 reviews and told me it was for the better for their new policy revisions now I am left with only 40.... All my time and effort/investment went out the door.

I've been using the service for over 16 months and they frankly don't care about how much effort and time you put into your thumbtack profile or the service whatsoever. I asked Matt (thumbtack team member) what about all the time and effort I put into reviews and he put in a nice way (too bad) and I would have to deal with it because of their "research" it makes sense to delete non "thumbtack" branded reviews. I escalated to speak with their manager Shane and he gave me the same run around and that they would make no exception to let me keep all my old reviews. Of course they don't care...they are not the one's who put their sweat and precious time to pursue all the reviews I have obtained on my thumbtack profile.

Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if some of the thumbtack team has NEVER RAN ON THE BUSINESS END so they probably can't relate how much time and effort it takes to grow and maintain your own business.

They don't have any empathy or sympathy whatsoever. I should have never ask my customers to put their review on their site, they're gone and NO CUSTOMER IS GOING TO PUT A SECOND REVIEW FOR YOU PEROID its pestering them and annoying for ANYONE. They wouldn't make any exception to keep my old reviews and told me to basically "DEAL WITH IT"

Again...I have used the site for 16 months and this is how they treat even their most veteran users...what a disappointment.

Bottom line, they really don't care whether your brand new or have been with them since they've begun they just want your money and lack ANY consideration for your business whatsoever.

Of course they don't give two cents worth of care, they're not the one's who invested their time and energy to establish and grow mine or your business!

Now there are a few individuals who have provided me excellent quality services such as Alex Piacquad who has done an exceptional job, however there are a couple bad apples in the company that are making this a very SOUR EXPERIENCE!

Imagine you had $96 dollars and someone took $56 dollars away from you and you're left with $40 and they said "Deal with it its just the way it is"....enough said....

barbarat39
12/4/15

THANK YOU THUMBTACK FOR CONNECTING ME WITH DON FROM AQUA LIMO!! DON HELPED ME MAKE MY DAUGHTER'S 21st BIRTHDAY A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE WITH HIS PROFESSIONALISM AND EXCEPTIONALLY NICE PARTY BUS!!! DON WAS VERY EASY TO WORK WITH. OUT OF THE SEVERAL BUSES I LOOKED AT, DON'S BUS WAS THE ABSOLUTE NICEST AND THE BEST PRICED. LOOK NO FURTHER FOR A PARTY BUS..... CALL DON WITH AQUA LIMO!!!! FIVE STARS!!!!!

lorettar4
12/1/15

A.A. Construction (Pedro Alvarez, New Braunfels, Texas) this business is a scam. Collects payment and doesn't return to complete the job. Doesn't return calls or text messages, this Contractor basically gives you the run around. Poor worksmanship, and messy got paint on my new appliances, and covers up paint on floor with the large appliances, floor is coming up in some areas. Highly DO NOT RECOMMEND, and do a background check before hiring any contractor.

gregs91
11/30/15

This company is a joke. They make money off of businesses by providing a website in which consumers, some possibly serious but most not and just window shopping, can request quotes from a business for the type of service they need. Here's where the problem come in. The business have to purchase tokens in order to submit a request with the average for each token being $1.37 each and the average quote costing 5 tokens for consumers you are likely never to hear from. My company who has over 60 5 star ratings on two different websites quoted a price less than 2/3 less than my cities average prices and received no response. Apparently, I am not the only one concerned about if the quoted submitted are fake. If this company would require both consumer and business pay to submit it would be more beneficial for both parties to show their level of commitment.

eileeng5
11/26/15

We would highly recommend Smart Carpet and Tile. Our carpets were extremely dirty. Moshe did his utmost to get them as clean as possible. He was on time, professional and friendly. Thank you for your hard work.

debbiek24
11/22/15

I had Jason Newman pull out my toilet, pulled out old carpet and replace with tile in my bathroom... my toilet was leaking and soaked the carpet, he fixed the leak, everything is running great and looks .100% better...I would let him repair or replace anything in my home.

odesc
11/21/15

The wost company ever met in my like he slapy, disrespect, un professional dont hire this guy your going to disippoint

abbigaler
11/20/15

I love my job I enjoy making my customers happy,,and always wanting me to come back

mariar68
11/16/15

Thumbtack advertises the professionals as second hand thrift store kind. It encourages fake requests and are not transparent in their advertising. They do not care to help the small business professionals, if they did they would advertise that all the professionals that submit quotes have to pay for each quote submitted. Most requests are fake, so this of course makes money for Thumbtack, not the professional.

robinn17
11/11/15

PLEASE do not use these services on Thumbtack. I was horribly ripped off by $400.00 dollars and the Supervisor of Customer Service at Thumbtack would not advocate to try and get at least half of my money back. The contractors who BID for the jobs pay Thumbtack, so there's money in their accounts.
I had to have another photographer and a photo shop hire, re-do the images plus I had to pay nearly $600.00
I'll NEVER use anyone on Thumbtack, it's a royal SCAM, no better than CRAIGSLIST, maybe worse since they have a customer service team that won't help you against these fraudulent contractors.

jamesp184
11/7/15

Not so much - posted 3 projects on thumbtack...

1st post - didn't work out: fault of NO ONE, things happen (or don't) no problem.

2nd post - change of plans, cancelled TACK but continued to be contacted/harassed by potential companies. If I don't want to use your service "Mr. Floor person" please don't continue to contact me ask how much someone else is charging me... really?

3rd post - I hired movers based on their rating. Spent more money repairing what was broken than the cost of the movers.

thumbtack "integrity" spent more time calling and telling me they were going to ask me questions than actually doing anything!

I have never heard back from thumbtack!!!

kennethj17
11/6/15

I am throughly convinced that thumbtack is a scam. I posted a review before and a rep from the company contacted me stating they wanted to speak with me and help me get business. I replied and made a suggestion about changing the pay structure to keep business owners from being ripped off. I even paid for the background check which is supposed to let potential customers know you are legit. Then all of a sudden, I got 2 calls from bids submitted. What was weird about the " customers" is that they requested services in cities near by me but the called from several states away. I.e., I'm in GA but they were in Texas, but we're gonna be in GA to get married. Not saying this doesn't happen, but after the initial call, no further contact was achieved. And I bid well below the asking price for the jobs because I signed on as a customer looking for the service I offer and discovered that they don't let the customer name their exact budget. It starts off at a certain amount which is above what most people in my area are willing to pay. I suggested to them that they change that aspect of the pricing and let the customer input their own budget instead of selecting a range so that the business will know if they want to bid for the business or not. If the customer has a $200 budget but the lowest range is 400-500, you'll put in a bid and once they view it, your money is lost and you won't get the business because you are above their budget. Do I wanna do provide my service for $200? No. But I also don't wanna waste money bidding on jobs for people with budgets below the minimum they are allowed to select. I will use only gig salad from now on because you only pay them if you book a gig through their site. But be careful there as well because like all the other sites, they want you to pay to have a "featured spot". I will leave a review of them after I've tried it for a couple of months. I feel better about using them because I personally know someone that used them and got business.

tylers43
11/4/15

For customers: The service companies providing services are rip offs.

For service providers: they send leads that aren't real people and you pay for nothing

brandyf7
11/2/15

Yes, there are scammers out there, but not off of here as far as I know! Everyone we have contacted and used have been friendly professional and do GREAT work. Well done

darlenea4
11/1/15

Hello to all,

I'm actually a service provider who utilizes "Thumbtack" for the majority of my business. I would like to point out that there are always scammers out there trying to take advantage of people, and this is true on both sides of the fence. I've bid on jobs only to show up and find 5 times the amount of work described in the request, I've also had a customer scam me out of close to $1800 on a minor home improvement issue.

However, after all that being said, I have no one to blame but myself. I didn't get ANYTHING in writing, it was all verbal/hand-shake...

1.) Contracts are but ONE way to avoid scammers
2.) ALWAYS check to see if they are Licensed, Bonded and Insured!!!
3.) Take a look at the companies profile, read it...How many grammatical errors are there? How many people have hired them? How many reviews? Are the reviews good or bad? What is the ratio of Hired/Reviewed? Does the profile have photos? Does the company have a website? Does the website have photos?

These are just steps one might take to make sure that who you hire are who they claim to be.

Thank you very much for your time!

lauriep18
11/1/15

I have been trying for 7 MONTHS to get Grout Magic to come repair a grout cleaning job they did in my home. ( I've been told the repair would take about 20 minutes.) I can not get then to return my phone calls, texts, or emails. They guarantee their work. Yeah right, guarantee to frustrate the homeowner is all. Would not use them again!! (This review is not about Thumbtack, I hope to use Thumbtack to assist in reviewing this company)

vdmu
10/30/15

All Thumbtack ppl care is our $$$ for the fake requests generated by their own team. Who in his right mind would send a request for a fitness session for next month at 4am in the morning. And I keep receiving 5-6 suspiciously similar requests for services every hour. They all look the same and all the customers' names on these requests are more than weird (Rotonda E. or Baldetta S. or Reuana M. or Alsiano D. etc.) 100% SCAM!

juliar39
10/27/15

Bill with key painting came out gave us a quote on our exterior we accepted and within no time the crew of Key painting was on the job and they performed the job in good workmenship manner,we've already hired them again for our interior and the team at Key painting are doing a great job,we would definitely refer them to friends and family. Bill has been a great help picking out paint colors and accent colors for our family ,great rooms he also performed a mold abatement job at our summer home in Alexander bay New York,it's been a wonderful experience working with Bill. Julia R.

sandyg29
10/25/15

They have done two separate huge tree trimming jobs for me recently.
I will definitely hire them again. I am very happy with the results.

peterc104
10/25/15

Thumbtack should screen skilled tradesmen (HVAC /Plumbers) - I have an employee who is advertising on thumbtack who has been driving my company truck and doing work. Who would do business with someone like that.Do not be confused, he is not AOK.

annymousa
10/22/15

i wish i could give them a half of star Thumbtack is a made up company by 4 individuals they wanna be like home advisors they sell you leads and as a past contractor they i had a bad experience with them "CONTRACTORS BEWARE" this company gets into your personal business if you have a issue with one of there lead customers and if you don't resolve the issue there way they will suspend your account they make up rules as they go along and now there threatening to charge your credit card if you don't finish a job stay away you been warned

niesserp
10/20/15

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 days ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: When you receive the request, you’ll receive the customer's name and the general location of the project. One thing that can help you gain the customer's information is adding your contact information to the quote. This way the customer can call you directly and provide more information about the type of massage they’re looking for. We have some great tips on writing a quote that will catch the customer's attention in our Help Center here: https://help.thumbtack.com?ar=kA131000000JmDX. To view this link please copy and paste it into the URL of your browser. We’re here for you if you have any other questions!
22 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: I'd be happy to answer this question for you, but I need a little more clarification on what you're looking for. Are you wanting to leave a review on a professionals account who's worked for you? Or are you looking to add a review button to your personal business page because you are a Thumbtack professional? I look forward to your response!
1 week ago