US Government's NSF

62%
360 9th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
info@thumbtack.com

People interested in Thumbtack are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

waltn1
7/31/15

If you are a service company and they have convince you to advertise with them prepare to chase fake leads and /or drop your price by 50% if you want to get any jobs. If you are a consumer be ready to get bids from people that are not qualify to do their job and some of them with criminal records. Thanks but not thanks.

resam
7/31/15

Thumbtack referred gutterscrubbers.com to clean gutters. They were a no show!!!! but they charged the client!!!

sallyh27
7/29/15

Btad in tulsa removed all debris from my yard and edged. Good job fair price!!

terrys68
7/23/15

PROFESSIONAL, EFFICIENT, AND PUNCTUAL are just a few of the words I would use to describe Anthony Watson's moving service. At a very affordable rate they removed the stress of moving my furniture from off my shoulders which afforded me the extra time needed to focus on the many other details regarding my move. No hourly charges or fees here !! The owner came to my residence and assessed a FLAT & AFFORDABLE FEE despite the length of time involved. There was constant communication and transparency via email, they anticipated & addressed all needs both current and those that could potentially arise, and they even provided an extra boost of confidence by securing and padding my furniture ! I would recommend this company to anyone ! Sincerely, Terry S in NC.

donh59
7/18/15

I recently had work done by JPS Service LLC to remove tree and stumps, remove grass and dirt next driveway and install a concrete pad with rebar. Joel Ramirez and his crew did a great job which met all my expectations and was completed in the time promised. Highly recommended.

Loveland, Colorado

davidc227
7/16/15

Over the last 18 months, I have had three small home improvement projects which were presented to Thumbtack for bids and completion. On two of those three projects, Thumbtack claimed they could not provide a professional to complete the work. That is a failure rate of 67%. As such, I will not waste my future time waiting on Thumbtack to deliver.......

davel75
7/13/15

If you find in Google search a thumbtack link that does not go to the content in the link, then report it. Thumtack will often use local business names in their description, then when the consumer clicks on the links, they are led to a bid page, not to the business they advertised. This is called rich snippet spam. If you find it, report it.

marcw23
7/9/15

Unless you're one of the 5 that sit on their cell phones and monitor it every second -- unless you respond to and of the ACTUALLY worth while posts within NANO-SECONDS --prepare to waste a LOT of money for constant disappointment.

Even IF you get in and are able to land a quote unless you literally low ball yourself and services you're not going to land a project. After the first couple attempts when it became clear I had to respond instantly and I got no reply to a quote I cut my professional services to about $10 an hour just to see if I would land something --NOTHING! Which also tells me this service is probably catering to kids / people that can work for peanuts. OR -- MORE LIKELY--they're fake posts generated BY THUMBTACK

Oh yeah -- and the positive reviews? Chances are very good that's their happy money-stuffing staff stacking the reviews ala Amazon-esk.

as2445
7/2/15

Hired a long distance mover and they took my money and my stuff
Had good reviews but 8 weeks later my stuff did not arrive
Company called local
Logistics never ever use them we will see if thumbtack helps

tedh16
7/1/15

Andre Coursey and his crew recently built a new fence and three gates for our home. We can't say enough great things about the quality of his work and his utmost professionalism in our interactions with him. We highly recommend Ascot Fence Company and Andre! We are definitely spreading the word!!! Thank you, Andre!!!

richelled
6/18/15

I feel the leads were bogus, not realistic and the inquires were fake.
I liked the idea and concept of what thumbtack's approach was though I feel the leads were very random, duplicates of the same people asking for the same services that were not real.
My investment was $46 thank goodness it wasn't more.

donnab57
6/18/15

Richard and Dennis did all the work on my newly constructed deck from designs to installing lighting on the steps. Their prices were fair for this upscale deck and I am completely pleased. They made certain I was completely satisfied with the end product. I now have a wonderful 20x12 Fiberon outdoor room/deck thanks to R&R Remodeling. I highly recommend them.

ninab13
6/16/15

Last year I hired Alln1Services for painting and was very pleased with the job. I recently hired them again to pressure wash our driveway, sidewalk, porch, whole house, concrete around the pool, and the fence. I can sum it up in three words: JOB WELL DONE! Again, very professional and efficient, arrived on time, and did a fantastic job. AND at a very reasonable price! I will continue to use this company for many more jobs.

md93
6/4/15

We are catching up on jobs that needed to be done to our home before we list our house for sale. We asked Ron and his business associate Juan to wash outside windows, power wash our front porch, sidewalk and driveway, and clean a crystal chandelier in our foyer. All of the jobs were done well .

christinel28
5/15/15

Big clean did an amazing job. Quick, efficient, reasonable, personable and when job was completed I was amazed and very pleased. I highly recommend this company for any of your pressure washing needs.

davidw212
5/5/15

I'm a contractor that now uses there service for leads, I started to use them to generate jobs in between my bigger projects. Now they keep me so busy I have to hire on 2 more full-time employees! Thank you thumbtack!

rachels51
5/5/15

Thumbtack

What is Thumbtack? It is a wonderful place on the internet where I found the most respectful, diligent stucco company. I’m talking about Mr. Demetry Thomas LLC. If you want a job well done, in a timely manner, at a reasonable cost, Demetry Thomas is the company to call. He is adamant about his professionalism and gave a life time guaranty. Thanks , Thumbtack for connecting me with Demetry Thomas LLC

carolb72
5/4/15

Aroma Cleaning Services cleaned my carpet!! Gus first came to my home to give me an estimate, and it was a small carpet. It was a very fair estimate. He came back in a few days, exactly on time, and cleaned my carpet beautifully. What a great job he did!! I highly recommend Aroma cleaning Services for your cleaning needs, not only for the cleaning job, but for the professionalism, and the price. Check it out!
Carol

matthewe11
5/3/15

I own a video production business, and 90% of our work comes from Thumbtack.com. What's great about Thumbtack is that you don't need to waste time trying to find work - the work comes to you. Every day I get new leads arriving by email. Thumbtack literally saved my business. I would strongly recommend it to professionals and freelancers everywhere.

donnaj15
4/12/15

Senior Pepes Jambalaya Paella was excellent, it was enjoyed by all of our guests! It's not easy to please 200 people, however everyone was very impressed by the service, presentation and the great taste of Senior Pepe's Jambalaya Paella! In the past six months
I have tried the seafood, meat & now the Jambalaya Paella which we found to be the best
ever, it was absolutely AWESOME! THANK YOU SENIOR PEPE FOR YOUR EXCELLENT SERVICE AND MAKING OUR EVENT A SUCESS!

lynettem4
4/10/15

i will definitely use at your service again.
lynette

boba41
3/28/15

These guys are another homeowner contractor search site. They have a different approach though. You tell them what you want and they will find the contractor for you. I'm a little uneasy about this approach as I would rather pick out the contractor I want before inviting them over to my house. Part of me wonders if they take this approach to mask their lack of content. I'm really not sure. I do like the nice clean layout of the site and they look professional. For me, it's not really how I operate though.

anner19
3/26/15

I contacted thumbtack to get a guitar teacher. They promptly sent me several instructors profiles, but they didn't match my needs as I'd described on the questionnaire. The instructors seemed to mostly teach beginners and children and I'm middle-aged and not a beginner. Also they were mostly jazz musicians and I play rock and blues.

susant38
2/11/15

I asked for someone who was willing to pick up yard debris that was already bagged and dispose of it for me. Joe Hollalr of Hollar Construction gave me the best bid, showed up the day I needed him, and kept me informed of the time he would arrive. He and his partner were pleasant, professional, and I asked them for an estimate on a painting job. Very likely will hire them again.

roberts221
1/26/15

My name is Robert, and I have been using Thumbtack.com for leads in the home improvement industry. I have been using them for about 3 months now, and I have had no return on my lead investments. I have a good profile built there, according to their standards, and the correspondence from potential customers is extremely low. There is zero accountability for the customer to commit. Up to 5 service pros at a time send bids to potential customers. The leads are very vague, and customers appear to be "kicking tires" most of the time, instead of looking for a service they will actually use. There are those that have had a very good experience through Thumbtack, and good for them. I, unfortunately am not one of the privileged in that category. I have spent about $300 in 3 months, and have not landed a single job from them. I do not think it is a scam, but I also think that there is absolutely no qualifying to the type of lead I pay for. I recommend that Thumbtack refund any leads that are not hired out. That would at least keep money in the bid pool for the actual true lead that seems to come 1 out of 50.

beverlyo3
1/25/15

Wright Renovations is a great business to use for work around your home. Their price is reasonable, their work is excellent quality, the project is completed in a timely manner, and they have a pleasing personality. I will use them again.

kgbe
1/18/15

This business you pay per bid on a job. On the plus side you do get lots of leads on jobs, real or not, who knows? As a DJ I have bid on weddings, way below normal prices for local area to get the work, and still don't get them. I updated my Thumbtack page with the latest pic and videos of my last events along with cheap prices and still nothing. I have discussed this with Thumbtack reps but nothing worked so I have spent my last dollar with them. Think I will try local bulletin boards and Craigs list. They are free. If you try Thumbtack, good luck.

josephi55
1/14/15

I have spent so much trying to get customers from here with no success. The customers do not tell you WHY they chose someone else....perhaps I could be in better competition if I knew why. ALSO AND MAYBE FOREMOST, after I get a request maybe 10 minutes later I respond but get a notice that the requestor already got their maximum responses and I am told I can't respond after 5 competitors got in.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time with this. TOO Scamy

melinied
1/12/15

I've found great pet sitting and dog walking jobs through them. Their website is easy to navigate.

Melinie

timothyc22
1/9/15

I used a roofing company for my dad's in Fort pierce which I found on this site jeff's roofing inc.I found to be very professional always stayed in contact with me and his crew did great work.

margaretw23
1/4/15

Cleaned 3 rooms hall and stairs was done very well. Mr. garlic was very professional.

lorab7
1/4/15

As a widow in an older house in Phoenix lots of minor repair jobs stack up. A leaky toilet hose rotted some drywall. My wooden back fence needed attention and my swamp cooler was constantly whining. I had a leak in the garage roof. Ian Kinkade from Midas Welby's not only did the repairs, but made me comfortable about having him in my home. He's on my list of favorite people.

nolac
1/2/15

C+M Lawn Care has been in business for 25 years and are still going strong. If you need your grass mowed or the weeds taken care of he's the one to call.

judym28
12/9/14

David Gomez was a very good "handyman". He showed up on time and completed our jobs. He built steps, repaired drywall, fixed doors that were sticking and was reliable. Would recommend him and I would use him again.

leahv2
12/7/14

Was looking for a bathroom remodeled in reno area last summer. Didn't want to go thru complicated process of hiring multiple contractors to do one bathroom. Found robert carpenter on thumbtack. One guy did it all! Recommend him highly.

lorrainec9
12/4/14

I was very happy for my experience with thumbtack. I was given quote very quickly and spoke to Ralph Valdez and he was great and reasonable. We set up a time for him to come and do the job I required. The next day He called and came early. All I needed was a desk put together and the job was not too small for Ralph. Thank God he was able to do this little job for me. The job was done very well and completely, and he even took the trash out.

cherylr10
11/22/14

DJ philly phil, is a outstanding DJ very strong with old school music with a excellent list of jazz while we were eating our dinner, keep the floor moving again overall was a excellent choice in chosen him, very detailed with us

rt37
11/20/14

I hired Mr. Aguilar to tent my home windows. He completed the job in a professional manner. It has cut down the glare on the TV and I can now leave my curtains open. I am completely satisfied with Aguilar Services.
R. Tortorice

honestyg
10/28/14

Thumbtack is scamming people out of hard earned cash. See real stories on pissed consumers.com

How can they explain a viewed email that was never viewed?

jamesd112
10/25/14

T Sheehan,
Creative Home Designs 1
Jim did a complete inspection while walking us around to point out the many things that were never done prior to his superb exterior work. The important areas on the house like corners post,siding corners/joints,window seams,door seams. He also explained why our paint did not last more than four years. As we had seen Jim's crew work there magic bringing our house back from embarrassment to being proud to show all our friends!
we had wished we hired Creative Home Designs the first time!

Super excellent professional work!
We recommend Jim's company
T.Sheehan Mendon,Vt

jimb9
10/25/14

I've used Thumbtack.com with great success.

Yes, there are "customers" who use it and don't know what they're doing and you lose money in sending them a bid, and many of these "customers" are also expecting "something for nothing", but overall I'd have to say that in the end I've made more than enough to cover my bidding costs.

You should note, however, what the specific bids will cost you as some jobs are not aligned properly - i.e. it costs me more to bid on a job to paint a room than it does for lawncare, and yet I actually make more money on a lawncare job. I just don't bid on painting jobs; and if you're in a position where you're looking at something that Thumbtack.com doesn't have aligned right you'll just lose out (i.e. guitar lessons, etc.)

debrak8
10/15/14

Kathryn was not only very personable,a pleasure to work with,she is an incredible visually talented designer.We worked as a team which she preferred and re-designed and re-purposed my courtyard located on the side of my house.Kathryn always consulted and made suggestions to me before making any changes.She moved outdoor table and chairs in to a much more functioning area of the courtyard and painted all of the furniture,which was rusting, a pretty off white.She place a small decorative column as as a center piece for the rounded patio table and placed a small potted plant on to it . Then she surrounded the column with vibrant,colorful candles in little tin painted bucket-like holders. She re-organized placement of potted plants and put them in both better visual and a more flowing pathway to walk through .Along the wooden fence she hung a warm white string of lighting which added a relaxing mode..She also re-purposed some cement ,mosaic tiles I had made a long time ago and had laying around,and she created a stepping stone path leading up to the front gate of the courtyard.She actually found numerous art pieces that were not being used for anything.Kathryn managed to clean them all up and displayed them my hanging them in various spaces of the surrounding wooden fence.She also found random white shells,cleaned them up and made a really pretty group display with those too.More hanging plants were added along with some tactful solar lighting and we have a very comfortable added space to spend time at our home now,thanks to Kathryn.

Tip for consumers: Kathryn is not only easy to work with she knows how to save you money.

jamib2
10/13/14

they weren't great. they try to be user friendly on the consumer side but make it harder and harder for vendors to provide quality information - got to the point where I deleted my account because it was ridiculous to pay to find out I didn't want to bid a job.

lizb20
10/5/14

Jennifer at Lucky Dog Pet Sitting/Walking service is excellent. She not only takes care of the dogs but she falls in love with them. Her attention to detail due to my dog's health concerns was outstanding. I believe the dogs hated to see us return.

paulm157
10/4/14

I think reading by Jessica was great and she is a wonderful person with a good spirit thank you so mush I owe all my happiness to you

maryt56
9/22/14

If you are Thumbtack you are in quite a little niche scam spot for the time being. As an individual trying to provide a service... DONT DO IT. "leads" for nearly $8 a pop and not necessarily a way to follow up? B.S.

margif
9/18/14

MaryEllen Yeo tutored my daughter for the SATs over the past. She was fabulous and helped bring her scores up. I would thoroughly recommend MaryEllen as a tutor for any student. My daughter said, "Mom, MaryEllen is more than a tutor. She is like a Life Coach!!!" I totally agree as MaryEllen gave her hints an advice on how to approach any situation.

richarda53
9/15/14

Ruben Chacon (Stricks & Stones modification & Repair) Has done many up grades in my Home and has done a very Good Job at all that was given to him. I bought property in Big Bear California and I have been talking to him about building a House on it. I really recommend him very highly. Richard Aguirre (Retired Electrician).

latoyab
8/27/14

Thumbtack has people posing on their site as professional hair braiders and they are far from it. There is a lady whose name is Mz. Toya posing as a professional braider and she is not. I learned of her throught the site thumbtack.com. She quoted me one price and when she was finished with my hair she charged me $50 extra! I paid her because her house full of big children and I was alone, not to mention she argued with here children the entrie time while braiding my hair. Mz. Toya house was messy and she claimed that she had a professional styling area when I asked over the phone. She also had a dirty Cat lurking around sniffing everthing, she talked a hole in my head about her Men trouble, she took so many smoke breaks we started at 8am and still was not finished at 7:30 pm. The style I wanted was Crochet Seneglese braids. She ran out of hair at one point and had the nerve to send me back to the store that was 45 minutes away! It gets better, she got tired and could not finsh my hair after a full day and told me to come back the next day. When I called her the next day which I took off work for, she did not answer the phone until later that evening, so I never did go back, HORRIBLE! I called thumbtack! Yes, I called thumbtack to speak with them because I posted a detail review on their site and received a submitted confrimation, although I have yet to see my post of the review for this Mz. Toya person that is referenced on their site and moreover, thumbtack was not very helpful, so the long distance call I made to them was for nothing and a gross waste of my time and money! Mz. Toya is still on thumbtack.com posing as a professional while providing the terrible service I've just described. I will also contact the BBB.

Tip for consumers: Please beware since thumbtack.com may not be screening these people well.

glennm46
8/26/14

One star for trying. The joke about Thumbcrack is that I wasted over 1 hour uploading my information only to find out I cannot send a potential customer ( there isn't anyone there who needs service ) or lead any email or bids unless I spend $11.67 per Thumbcrack credits ( 7 is what I need to spend on ) $ 681.69 charged to paypal or credit card ? I don't believe I am the sucker they"re looking for. Run, run run ! from this site.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Dear Thumbtack:

I haven't had a Thumbtack post for weeks. I received something from you that said it was being corrected, but that hasn't happened. Any word yet on when there will be postings?

Laura
6/22/15
Answer
tysonk8
A: The reason you had a lull in leads we because thumbtack had a manual action penalty levied against them. If you are not sure what that is you should google search it. The letter you received from Thumbtack regarding this was (as usual) not fully truthful. The letter does not detail the slimy tactics thumbtack used ti enhance google rankings in organic search returns. Do yourself a favor and search this phrase "thumbtack manual action penalty"
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I am interested in doing work from home work. Re: typing, data entry, telephone work, etc. Do you have jobs regarding the types I mentioned. If so, how do I apply. Thank you.
3 weeks ago
Answer
melinied
A: Hi Janet,

I have no idea if Thumbtack can assist you. I am not sure why they asked me to respond since I am a pet sitter/walker.

Melinie
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Thumbtack?