US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

edb21

I was most impressed by the customer service whereby they let me know what they were doing each step of the way. (in 13 reviews)

georgiap4

I got a Groupon for Southtree and decided it was time to make this happen. (in 21 reviews)

debbied18

submitting old family VHS tapes for transfer to DVD was a great experience with Southtree. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ronj21
4/17/15

Shop around. I used a Groupon and still paid out the nose. I found out later that I could have had the work done locally for less than my Groupon "deal". Use your money wisely and shop elsewhere

nvbb
4/17/15

It took 6 months and numerous emails to receive my order. Incompetent. Blundering. Unprofessional. Stay away!

lauram86
4/6/15

Without a doubt, your company provides outstanding services! You really came through by digitizing my reel-to-reel tape. Fond memories have been recaptured and what a surprise for everyone when they heard voices from the past! ‘ A treasure! Thank you for a First Class job!
Laura - Richmond, Virginia

kimj42
3/30/15

Not only have they had my stuff for over 3 months but I received back half my order along with other peoples memories! They keep promising daily a tracking number for the rest of my stuff but I have yet to receive these irreplaceable memories from the 40s!! They have lied countless times and do not return calls or emails! Please protect yourself!!! UPDATE- The owner called me and confirmed my worst fears that his manager has been lying to me and they have LOST my memories!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY AND IF IT IS TOO LATE - DEMAND YOUR STUFF BACK UNTOUCHED!

bos208
3/24/15

All I can say about this company is that they go the extra mile to get it as close to perfect as could be expected based on the physical conditions of the tape given them.

In my case I gave them a foreign PAL video tape I had gotten from England of an episode I couldn't find in the USA and so didn't know what condition it would be in since I couldn't view it on my NTSC only VCR.

I was very impressed with this company from beginning to end as they gave me blow by blow information in regards to how my tape was doing. That wasn't the most amazing thing however to me. What really impressed me about this company is based on the finished product I could see that they bent over backwards to make this a success.

Even though they put a sticker on the product apologizing for not being able to rehabilitate it to a flawless reproduction what I found was true dedication and true concern for the customer they were dealing with and here is why.

When I put the DVD into my player I noticed there was a menu with two subtitles. I didn't expect to see any as I opted not to pay the extra for titles but decided I would create my own when I had time. When I discovered why their were subtitles my respect for this company just skyrocketed because what I saw was a lot of toiling over my tape to get it as right as it could be.

You see the first title was there original attempt which was as their sticker said not so great. HOWEVER the second title which was the whole videotape again was much better in quality. I called them sharing my appreciation for the time they took to do this project and to think they would send me both of their conversions. SOUTH TREE told me they do this because they want to make sure they do everything in their power to get it right and if someone discovers a way that could better the condition of the product they will rerun it and then give the customer any attempt that was tried to make the project a success.

I just want to say a big thank you because of you SOUTH TREE I am able to view a show that is very rare to find and that in fact I would not have been able to do myself unless perhaps I wanted to invest in every piece of equipment needed and spend the time to do it but even than I would need an assistant so they took the headache out of it and for a very low price of less than $30 not only converted the tape to the North American Standard NTSC, not only did they digitalize the tape but they went the extra mile to redue the conversion when the first attempt was less then par for the finished work so that I could have an end product that was a joy to watch instead of giving headaches do to bad quality visual and audio.

Thank you SouthTree for working on my video tape that was in less than ideal condition and making it acceptable to watch and a pleasure to relive.

Tip for consumers: if you have any questions call them before you start the process. I did and I was able to get all my presales questions answered thoroughly and accurately.

markm168
3/18/15

Very happy with service and return time .Unfortunately quality was poor but that was due to the original vhs tape.I would defintely use Southtree again.

josmellp
3/10/15

It was a present for my parents to have our childhood pictures from Peru saved and Southtree did just that. The pictures turned out great. Look forward to sending more pictures.

Tip for consumers: Know it takes a little time.

margareth42
3/2/15

My husband purchased two groupons for the transfer service. I was very hesitant to send my precious memories of the children. But I sent them. When I opened the box and did an inventory, I noticed two of the original tapes were missing. I proceeded to watch the hours of DVDs, praying that at least the tapes had been transferred to DVD . I am heart broken, we had taken a trip to Australia..now that recording is lost. My daughter won a world pinto championship- that recording is also lost. I also noticed that the DVDs they sent had smudges and scratches... Would not do this again.

ronp31
2/12/15

Outstanding job on my orders. They converted several mini VHS cassettes to DVDs and some 40 year old audio cassette tapes to audio CDs. I am very satisfied with the quality of their work as well as their responsiveness. I was informed about the job progress at each step, and they shipped the final product before the estimated ship date. Would definitely use again

gomerp
2/12/15

The process took 6 weeks. when I FINALLY got the digital copy, it had over an hour of blank space at the end. I sent an email to their customer service to see if they would remedy the problem and received a curt response back with no effort to rectify the problem. there are plenty of other sites that do the same thing. I will not be using Southtree.com in the future and would recommend against anyone else doing so.

darylw11
2/10/15

I have only used two services to copy my prints to a digital format, Peggy Bank and Southtree. THe digital images were good. Service took several weeks. This is a lot better than Peggy Bank. Peggy Bank has had my pictures for four months now. So, comapred to Peggy Bank, Southtree is great.

dianas34
1/26/15

I sent Southtree Vhs tapes that were 26 years old. They all turned out wonderful. On one of my tapes they put a message that because of the tapes bad quality they could not digitize it. I looked at that one first and was pleasantly surprised. It was still better than the original. Thank you for saving all my fond memories.

danielleh17
1/14/15

Southtree is an Excellent and Professional resource! I'm so very happy that I found them! It has provided my family and I the ability to easily watch and share videos from the past. The process is all outlined, clean, and easy. The company has a great website that explains everything and "walks" you through the process. You just label and mail your tapes and mail them. Southtree expresses positive caring for your memories and updates you along the way. I received my orders in about 5-6 weeks each time. The DVDs are professionally made and look great! The DVDs I've received (about 20) are clear as can be considering the tapes I are 10+ years old. I had both VHS-C and 8mm tapes converted.The DVDs come labeled and as soon as you insert the disc, the table of contents comes up and you hit PLAY! That's it! I've had some DVDs also come in the Digital version which allowed me to share a video right to Facebook after using my Windows software. I am not tech savvy and I did it in 20 minutes, made my own little movie out of my home movies.
Definitely give Southtree a try!! You won't be disappointed. The cost is very reasonable for the awesome quality. When you sign up for emails, you will receive notifications of their discounts which occur often!
Excellent company to work with !

Tip for consumers: Sign up for the emails to see the specials that Southtree offers.

stephanyr
1/13/15

I've used Southtree a number of times - video, tapes, cassettes, etc. Can't say enough how fantastic this company is for customer contact and communication, assistance, instruction clarity and excellent product. They are incredibly positive and careful. Preserving the old movies, videos, tapes - everyone I recommend it to agrees is so important - and this is how to do it!

josephp38
1/6/15

Was very pleased with the product and customer service. I had a coupon that had long since expired and they issued me a new one. I had 14 VHS tapes of my kids from 20+ years ago. Love the quality and product arrived much sooner than expected. Thanks Southtree.

eustacet
12/23/14

Awful. I really regret sending them my audio tapes. Both shipments of audio tapes were sent to them around the same time. They rearranged the order of two of the tapes with noise of the endings or beginnings of songs in between. I waited 13 weeks from the time they said they received them until I received them back. What a disappointment. The other audio tape I sent had two or three songs merged together where I could not skip ahead to the individual songs. Awful, awful service. After reading all the negative reviews I won't even bother writing them. At least I got my originals back. I feel bad for all the folks who had Southtree lose their memories. I got off light.

fredc35
11/20/14

I have used Southtree for both old 8mm film conversion to DVD and old reel-to-reel tape conversion to CD. Their service is efficient, reasonably priced, and results are excellent. I appreciate their emails indicating the various stages of their process.

vm19
11/11/14

Terrible! They don't communicate. My order has been placed and tapes sent fir more than two and a half months and still nothing. My status has been "in queue" and has never even been processed for the duration! Outrageous.
I am extremely displeased.
Do not use this company...

lindas110
11/6/14

Thank you Southtree for taking care of our families memories! We love the product we received back. The service was wonderful!

lukef11
10/21/14

This place is rocking it!!! I sent photo slides that had been given to me from my grandmother. These slides were taken between 1950 and the late 1980's, but regardless of the date taken, they all came out great. What I personally loved about Southtree is that they provide updates throughout the production process - everything from them receiving your package to them prepping your product to be digitalized. It took only approximately 8-10 weeks for the process to be completed, which is pretty quick in comparison to the rest of the industry. Southtree individually cleaned each photo slide I provided them, and then put them on a CD data disc. The moment I shared with my family, it instantly revived memories that had been buried with these old photo slides that hadn't been touched in over 20 years.

Overall, I would highly recommend Southtree, and plan on using them again.

hazelm12
10/17/14

My late husband was a musician and when he passed away, I had all his music digitalized. Southtree has done soooooo much for me and did it to perfection. I can't tell you how pleased I am with ALL their work! They kept me posted all the way and they are soooooo polite. I just got one of my orders back from them and they had included a PERSONAL note to me...If you need something digitalized contact SOUTHTREE!!! A happy customer....Hazel McGlasson

billieb21
10/11/14

Sent Southtree over 30 VHS tapes...some of which had been sitting in storage for YEARS. Within 3 weeks, I had all but 1 on discs. The single tape that wasn't transposable, well, I got a credit for that one. I've been meaning to transfer all of these family memories for a very long time, but couldn't find the spar time to do so. Southtree did such a great job, I then sent them 100 old photographs for scanning. Again, A+++ job, Southtree!

dianeg16
10/10/14

I also had a great experience and have no complaints. Had received an Amazon local email and that sparked me to finally get my memory tapes, that were in many forms converted. Their website and ordering processes simple and easy. I was a bit weary to send all my tapes in at once so decided to mail a set of 10. It does take several weeks to get back, but not longer than estimated for me. Their communication is great, with email status updates all along the way. I was so excited to receive the returned DVD/digital copies, they were all labeled and the copies look great. The entire experience from start to finish was great. I would definitely recommend Southtree. I have already shipped them 20 more tapes for copy.

georgiap4
10/3/14

I had about 15 VHS tapes of family and very important dates that for years I wanted on DVD for safe keeping and for showing during family events as no one has an old VHS recorder. I got a Groupon for Southtree and decided it was time to make this happen. This was a great experience. I packaged up the tapes documenting the tapes I sent in the package, submitted to Southtree and sent a Twitter/Facebook alert to Southtree that the items were on their way. I received the tapes and DVD's returned in a safe package plus during the process they kept me up to date on the process. I received 6 emails from Southtree so I knew where my request was in the process. Everything was beautiful with this experience. Thank you.

debbied18
9/30/14

submitting old family VHS tapes for transfer to DVD was a great experience with Southtree. I was informed by email throughout the transfer process. Now I can watch anytime anywhere! thank you Southtree!

edb21
9/30/14

I was very impressed with the service and end product from Southtree. After finding a stash of over-sized negatives taken by my grandfather on a visit to the 1932 Olympics, I immediately knew my options were limited in getting them digitized. Obviously trust was a big factor--these negs were like heirlooms to us.
Southtree did an outstanding job caring for the negatives, processing them, and shipping them back to me.
Bravo, Southtree. I'll be back the next time I find a treasure trove of images.

jimb124
9/25/14

I had several Hi 8 tapes with no way of viewing them and no way of transposing them onto digital media or DVD. I discovered Southtree via Groupon. They were much less expensive than a few other companies that provide the same service. So I sent my tapes in and in about half the time they advertised, my project was complete. I got all my originals back safe and sound along with digital copies which I can now store/manipulate on my computer. I really liked the realtime updates throughout the process. I confidently recommend Southtree.

paula288
9/24/14

sent 2 cassettes in to be converted to cd these tapes were from 1982 of a band I was in your company did everything you advertised service was excellent, quality was great and tapes were returned within 2weeks your company ROCKS!!!!! thanks Paul A.

donnah38
9/23/14

I had a great experience using Southtree to convert 30 VHS tapes. The notifications kept me informed of the progress, but also from the very beginning, it was great to know my tapes had arrived and were being carefully handled throughout the process. I had one DVD (out of 75 received) that did not play. I contacted them and received instructions for returning it and a prompt replacement. I am very pleased to have my family's special moments updated and ready for viewing.

carols54
9/6/14

I bought a groupon from Southtree to convert my VHS tapes and Hi8 tapes to DVD. I did this over the summer, got all 15 tapes converted and had 2 copies of each made. I think it took about 1 month. I had a problem with one set of DVDs, I had asked for 2 they only made one. I called customer service, they took care of the problem right away. I loved getting the emails on the progress of the conversion - when my tapes arrived, when they were converted, when they were shipped back to me. The quality is great. Thanks. I would use them again.

janel66
9/4/14

I was shocked to see less than excellent reviews from Southtree! I purchased 2 groupons and sent our 8mm tapes to be converted. I was nervous putting them in the mail but shortly received an email they had been received and the process began! Within a couple of months I had received updates and the finished product was at my door. They were packaged nicely and the quality was excellent. We are so happy we will be able to enjoy our family memories for years to come. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend Southtree!

debbiec26
8/24/14

Southtree is amazing! They kept me posted every step of the way about my precious tapes they were converting from VCR to DVD. They truly care about our precious items. I used them again and they were excellent. The DVD's and original VCR tapes came back and we love the work. I recommend this company for all the services they offer. Thank you Southtree for your your caring, professional and amazing staff.
Debbie Crooks

jarredm11
8/21/14

Southtree did a great job retrieving and enhancing a 1969 choral concert reel-to-reel recording for me. They handled everything beyond my expectations --- kept me informed of the status of the project throughout the process --- all for a very reasonable cost --- and best of all, the finished recording is better than I had hoped it would be...!!

ronj15
5/6/14

The quality of the DVD transfer from tape was nothing to write home about. The cost was ridiculously high - even with a Groupon - which I feel was misleading. Had I not felt that Groupon was giving me a good deal, AND if I had a bit more patience, I could have had it done locally for much, much less money and received the same, if not better results. Go elsewhere and save yourself a LOT of money!

jackt31
5/1/14

A problem with original order was taken care of by one Anna Varek who took my case and walked it through to be right with no problems she was personable with me all the time while my order was shipped back to them free no less through the process called me talked to me e mailed me and returned properly done. I am sure all companies have problems at times but in my case through Anna my problems were solved I would use them again and soon shall to have more movies put on disk. THANKS ANNA!! (Jack T)

chadh21
4/10/14

Everyone needs to seriously watch out for this business.

Southtree.com is listed on the TN Consumer Affairs Division "BUYER BEWARE" report.

See for yourself: www.tn.gov/consumer/buyerbeware.shtml

In addition they have over 60 Better Business Bureau complaints (just from the past 3 years).

And on top of that they have a ton of Yelp complaints.

Buyer Beware is right!

benjamins30
2/13/14

I sent in some old VHS tapes and 3inch film reels that belonged to my late parents. I couldn't be happier with their service! I got everything back in under month and everything was transferred perfectly. I have no idea why there are so many negative reviews. I feel like 1 or 2 angry customers have multiple accounts that they post reviews on. A customer service agent told me that they ship out over 100 orders a day, so it seems that the vast majority of people are generally happy with this company. With my experience in restaurants I know that people who dislike a company are far more likely to leave reviews.

Anyway, I would recommend South Tree to everyone!

rickm59
12/24/13

I sent three separate orders to Southtree to convert 8mm film to DVD. None of the orders were returned with menus on the DVD's as promised and they did not follow the order I requested. The quality was poor. The film was not cleaned properly and there was a lot of jitter which I did not expect to see. I would not recommend this company and will be looking for another to process the remainder of my film.

walterp14
11/6/13

The good news is I sent 4 reels of film to Southtree and they converted the film to DVD. There is nothing special about the quality of the conversion, some of the film on DVD is jumpy and contains lighting problems. Although I sent names for each of the films and expected them to use the titles for each reel, they converted all the reels together into one 53 minute DVD
I mailed the film on 8/25/13 and received the DVD on 11/16/13.
Per post office tracking they received the package on August 31 2013. Southtree said it was delivered on Sept 10. Southtree appeared to make up bogus steps so I would think they were doing something. Here are all the steps they sent via email’

Shipped Oct 29

Order Confirmation Aug 27

lindsayc18
10/26/13

Consumers Beware!!

Do NOT do business with this company! I live in the same city as these people & read about them in a local magazine. I was so excited to give them my business. HUGE mistake!!

Last year I decided to surprise my parents. For Christmas, my sister & I collected all of our old video recorded tapes (most we hadn't been able to watch for years because the old tape recorders were broken). We wanted Southtree to convert them over to DVDs so we could watch them all again. My sister & I are grown, so there were several tapes from our childhood - it was a very large order and cost over $500. I turned the tapes in to Southtree in July. I checked on the order in October and the beginning of December, and each time I was promised that the order would be shipped in time for Christmas. They even had a guarantee on their website saying that no matter how large the order, if it was placed by a certain date (and mine was way ahead of the cut-off date), it was guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. It was VERY important that my order arrive before Christmas since it was the ONLY thing my parents were getting for Christmas since it was so expensive.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve, and my DVDs still haven't arrived. It's a joke that they even have a phone number listed because they never answer. Someone did respond to my email; however, he was "so sorry" but my order was not going to be ready for a few more weeks. REALLY??

So, here we are, Christmas Eve, and we have NO gifts for my parents. Not to mention the HUGE disappointment that the idea I've been working on since the summer & the "big surprise" was now a complete failure. There are no words in the English language to describe how INFURIATED I am at this company - still a year later. I had to work Christmas Eve, so I had to beg my husband & mother-in-law to go last minute shopping for my parents so they would have something to open on Christmas. All the stores close early on Christmas Eve, and I wasn't going to get off in time before they closed. WORST Christmas EVER for my family.

Oh, but it doesn't end there! I wrote a very strongly worded email to Southtree (again, because they will NOT answer the phone), and demanded they give me my videos, DVDs, and money back. For all my troubles, they generously offered me another set of DVDs at no charge. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I finally received my original videos & the DVDs a couple of weeks AFTER Christmas. I sent numerous emails demanding my money back but to no avail. One girl at Southtree even had the nerve to tell me that my DVDs were ready by Christmas - they just overlooked my order & forgot to mail it out. SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE???? Is that really supposed to make me feel better? Is that your justification for not giving me my money back? I repeatedly told them that giving me an extra set of DVDs was not sufficient enough to make up for what they did to me and my family. They repeatedly ignored me.

Now, a year later, my family has had enough time to view all of the DVDs. Not a single one of them was labeled correctly. We've had to relabel all of them. And 15 of the DVDs are extremely poor condition. My recommendation to anyone wanting to use Southtree for this service is just to buy the converter & do it yourself. You will have a better quality product and will save yourself a lot of money and grief.

This company is dishonest, provides poor quality products, and has terrible customer service. I would not recommend Southtree to anyone for any reason.

denises13
10/25/13

I sent three reels of movie film that is 35-40 years old to convert to DVD.  Two of the three were a wedding from 1968 and another was a dance recital from the '80's.  I enclosed instructions to have the wedding film put on one DVD, and the dance recital put on a separate DVD.  It took much longer to have my order processed than it should have, and like other people have said, they only move you up in the queue when you contact them to ask about your order.

The order arrived in the mail, and I received the two wedding reels back with one DVD, per the instructions, but the other reel was missing.

I contacted them to ask what happened, and it has been months now, and the missing reel is GONE.  They lost part of my order!

I am just so sad about this, the missing reel is completely irreplaceable and meant a lot to me.

I was told by Southtree that it is not uncommon for customers to say they are sending X amount, then for Southtree to receive something different.  The issue is, they don't verify the two.  If you say you're sending three reels, they don't check to see what they received when they get your order and contact you if there are discrepancies.  I absolutely, positively sent three reels, and only two were returned.

Handling decades-old materials should be a delicate process, but clearly they are careless.

Their pretty website and Facebook postings make it seem like they are a good company, but they are not.  There are clearly flaws in their process, of which customers like me are victims.

robinr18
10/20/13

I can't believe this company is still in business. They LOST my video and my memories and were impossible to deal with. Not returning calls or lying when I called back. They also sent me someone else's video, which I did send back. They had no clue who it belonged to but I tried to stop someone else from having lost memories as I did. They are now on groupon.. You be the judge but I say NO at any cost!

colleenk3
10/14/13

Like others, it took 3 additional weeks then it should have. I only got a rush on my order cause I complained repeatedly and angrily :)

We received two discs that were not of our order. I have no idea who it actually belonged to.

The VHS to DVD didn't work. It seems like they had the machine on the wrong channel or something. They start out fine and then the screen goes blue.

Photos were not touched at all and some were cut off.

jonp20
9/25/13

To those considering sending in your priceless memories to Southtree, please take a moment to read what I have to describe as my single worst consumer experience to date in my life.  This is the first time I've ever posted or written a review of a product good or bad, but I can't stomach the thought of others going through what I'm going through so here goes.

1) The order took almost 3 months to process when the website says 4 to 5 weeks. Amanda the Agent of Happiness claimed it was due to equipment issues

2) As of today, Southtree has lost one of our original VHS tapes. It was not included in the return shipment and no DVD or data disc was returned for it either. Amanda the Agent of Happiness stated she believes they may have sent to another family. This is a priceless irreplaceable memory that I have no idea at this point where it is at and it is a sickening feeling.  Making it worse is an email communication today with Amanda, where she alludes to whether there really ever was a 16th tape.  Unbelievable.

3) Sent us another family's DVD, including the birth of their child, etc. A very private video that I'm sure this family is not happy is in our possession and control. Who knows what Southtree is telling them or if they even know which family it is.  I had to send Southtree a picture of the DVD today as they have no record of it being sent in our shipment and wanted to try and track down the family.

4) 1 of the 15 standard DVDs returned to us was unlabeled all together, which if this was the only issue I could have lived with as it actually was our video.

5) The Secure Label # system (sticker placed on each of the originals) does not sync with any of the files found on the data discs they sent back. Of the 15 data files on the data discs, one of them is completely blank and I really don't have the time or energy to set up a VHS player, 8mm player, my laptop and the DVD player to try and make sense of it all.  That is why I sent them in in the first place.

Considering I have a missing original, another family's DVD, a random labeling system, it is suffice to say I feel completely duped by Southtree.  I spent over $300 for this???
They have offered to have us send back the 15 tapes they did not lose to get the labeling and order correct on those, which I will not do for obvious reasons.  They even said they would expedite it, but totally glossed over the missing tape until I pressed the issue hard via email.  And by the way, there is no direct telephone # to talk to anyone so only when they call you can you talk live.  Email can be effective but is sure makes it easy to hide when you want to.

Amanda has stated they have never lost a tape ever, and yet she rattled of 5-6 titles from other tapes in their possession as we speak that were "misplaced" to check if they might be ours. Finally, in email communications Amanda is touting they have the best internal controls in the industry and their competition have even approached them to procure the process/technology, which is all great except when you have a customer whom has a current lost tape and was sent another families video. In the same email communication, Amanda alludes to the fact that maybe there wasn't in fact a 16th tape, which is sickening and appalling at the same time, considering all they have wrong with this order to begin to question whether we sent this one in.

Unbelievable is all I can say.  STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

jenniferl34
9/20/13

Just got back 423 photos that were scanned into JPEG images. Quick turn around for my order. I might be sending in another batch soon.

kimm44
9/15/13

This place is a joke! Not only did it take close to two months to get a sign that my videos were supposedly close to being done but it took me to call them and play phone tag for a week to actually talk to someone. When I did they said they were working on it and it should be "soon." That was as specific as it got. The icing on the cake was a couple of days after my call and close to two months after I sent the videos they called and said they can not transfer my type of tape! WHAT!!??? I called them before I even placed the order to make sure they could do it. They sent these bogus emails to make it appear as if they are actually working on my order but the reality is they weren't. Otherwise, it wouldn't have taken two months to tell me they can't transfer my videos. I was going to use the content as part of a video for a family milestone and they left me high and dry! AND, they charged me to ship the tapes back. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THIS COMPANY. They never even acknowledged two emails I sent after they misrepresented their capabilities and most definitely over promised and under delivered their services. Run and run fast!

ashleyh28
8/19/13

I also wish ZERO stars was an option. AVOID SOUTHTREE. Maybe a few people got lucky and nothing was messed up, but for my family they lost a tape of a precious memory, and all the other tapes they sent back were messed up... and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight story from anyone or to have customer service contact you back, and they never answer their phone. This is a horrible sham of a company: more like children with techie toys then a business. It is despicable that this "company" dupes you into sending them priceless and irreplaceable memories only to lose and damage them. Shame on you Southtree.com, especially shame on you for playing Christian music on your customer service line... I don't think Jesus would lie to people, take their money, lose their property, and then lie about it or never call the person back... HORRIBLE

brucek15
8/19/13

Southtree initially sent updates during the first month , then nothing. It's  been 3  1/2 months and no communication, no answer to my calls and no DVDs.
Southtree has a slick website but don't be fooled. The service is terrible.

I have not posted any comments before. Based on my experience, the other negative comments are deserved.

manden
8/16/13

1. took several months to receive the DVDs to 3 VHS takes.. had to call and email multiple to be eventually "moved up the que."

2. when our order finally came - the original VHS tapes were not returned and the instead of receiving the 3 copies we ordered - only one was sent.

3. after several attempts to contact them - I eventually got someone to tell me they would review the order if I sent the DVDs back at my own expense - no thanks - not waiting another 6 months for the only copy I have of these left to be reviewed.

total joke. groupon buyers beware.

southtree your fancy new website doesn't make up for your terrible follow thru on orders and customer service.

robertm110
8/16/13

I sent three 7" reels of Super 8 film (spliced Polaroid Instant Movies) last prior to Thanksgiving to Southtree Digital Media.  They didn't acknowledge receipt till 2 weeks after the PO said they had arrived, then nothing till ....  Two and a half months later the reels were returned with a note that said there was nothing on them!? [so much for my groupon].  Apparently their equipment is sub-standard. I'm surprised they are still in business.  One star - because Zero stars is not available.

I took my reels to a local spot in Brighton, Michigan (American Video Transfer) and I got them back inside of a week.  They look great.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Southtree staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: southtree has only gotten a 46% rating from their reviews. That concerns me. What guarantee will I have that I won't become one of the negative statistics? What is you lose or destroy my property?
1 week ago
lindas110
A: I loved the finished product they produced!
6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Southtree staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Southtree?
Click here to post a review