US Government's NSF

SmartBuyGlasses.ca reviews

29 Reviews for SmartBuyGlasses.ca

▼ Sort by: recent

6/10/14

I have a similar experience to Mario, here's my story:

I placed an order on May 29th, and my Visa was charged immediately even though the item had never shipped.

I attempted to contact SmartBuyGlasses.ca on Friday June 6th by phone but apparently they do not take phone calls, the only way to speak to someone is if you leave them your number and they call you back. I left my contact info, they never called me.

Then I received an email on Saturday June 7th at 7 PM saying the item was "delayed" (this 9 days after my Visa was charged) at which point I had had enough and requested the order to be cancelled. I received an response from someone named "Bille" on June 8th from SmartBuyGlasses Customer Service saying "I have received your cancellation request which I am happy to process at any time", to which I responded that I would in fact like to cancel the order ASAP. Never got a response. I have since sent 4 EMAILS requesting something in writing confirming the order has been cancelled and have yet to receive anything from them, again this 12 days after my Visa was charged $270.00 for sunglasses that have not even shipped out yet.

Their customer service dep't is flat out ignoring me, I cannot tell you how frustrating this is considering they've been sitting with my $270.00 for almost 2 weeks.

I'm sure other people have had positive experiences with them, but once I get my money back I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I will eventually post an update on how this situation was finally rectified as it is ongoing.

5/5/14

The following is what happened to me:

1) SmartBuyGlasses - Order Confirmed: Within the next 3-5 days we will update you on your order status by email

2) SmartBuyGlasses - Item confirmed: As soon as we receive your item, we will ship via Fedex and send you an email

3) SmartBuyGlasses - Item Delayed: 3 options: 5% discount, buy something else, get a refund

I choose get a refund. I immediately got an email from them showing other sunglasses options. I replied thanks, but I am not interested in other options.
I sent two emails, never heard from them since. I am concerned.

4/3/14

Trusting online purchases isn't easy, but this site will put your mind at ease!!!

The best way to describe my experience is too show you the series of emails that occurred after a mistake was made with my order:
ME:
I was sent an email asking me to write about my experience with smartbuyglasses.ca. It was my first time ever ordering prescription glasses online and I was quite nervous although the process was straight forward and painless. My order was shipped to me within a week or so from the day I placed the order. When I got the glasses I was relieved to see everything was nearly exactly what I requested. The only complaint that I can make is that, I requested Gradient Tint (shiny gray 85G) lenses and instead I got Polarization lenses. At this time, I’m not willing to go through the hassle of the return policy and so I will have to just learn to love my new glasses. I’m not completely disappointed, however I will most likely not re-order from smartbuyglasses.ca in the future because I like to ensure I get exactly what I request and pay for. I believe that I will just shop for glasses in store from now on. Thank you for your attention.
SBG:
Thank you for your email to SmartBuyGlasses, my name is Billie and I am pleased to be of assistance today.

We regret to hear that you are not 100% satisfied with the item you received. Based on our record, we processed Shiny Grey 85G tint color and not Polarization. We would like to request for a photo of the glasses and we will get back to you with a resolution.

ME:
Thank you Billie for your reply, attached is a photo of the lenses as you requested. You can see that the lenses are shiny but not gray or with a gradient tint.
(Photos sent)

SBG:
Thank you for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, we could not confirm the color of the tint since there are reflections and the color of the table. We would like to request if you could take a photo of the glasses that is facing the sunlight or the ceiling light? We will confirm with then send the photo to our lab to verify the tint color.

ME:
I have attached more photos as requested. I also wanted to add one more thing today I got a bill from FedEx for $14.04 for shipment fees. I wish I was aware of this extra cost when first purchasing the glasses. I have attached the invoice also. Please me know if this fee would be covered by smartbuyglasses.

Thank you again for your attention in to this matter, I very much appreciate it.

SBG:
Thank you for your prompt response.

We regret to see that we have processed the wrong tint color. To rectify the situation, we would like to offeryou the following solutions.

Refund the lens cost back to your account.

Send an uncut lenses and you can have your local optician to cut and fit the lenses on your frames. If they would need to charge you with the service fee, we request for a quotation first.

With regards to the Duties and Tax, I have already forwarded the document to our accounting team for reimbursement. We will refund the amount back to your account. Please let us know how you would like to proceed with the lenses.

Hello Billie,

Thank you for your response, I believe at this time the easiest thing for me would be that you refund the lens cost back to my account. Thank you also for taking care of the Duties and Tax fees. When you say that the cost will be added to my account, are you referring to my credit card?

I would also like to add, that this is by far the best customer service follow up, that I have ever received in my life whether online or in store. I very much appreciate your concern and care regarding this matter.

Once again, thank you!

*** Within a week or so I had received credits to my account as promised ***

People make mistakes, but they can also solve them.

I want to thank personally "Bille"!

3/21/14

will definately recommend SMARTBUY to everyone.

1/10/14

I ordered a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer from smartbuyglasses on January 2nd. Tracking info showed the glasses were being sent from Hong Kong, which immediately made me question the authenticity of the glasses. They arrived at my door on January 8th, very fast shipping to Nova Scotia. I googled and youtubed many sites concerning real vs fake Ray Bans. I am confident that my Ray Bans are indeed authentic. Fast shipping, good price, great sunglasses. I would not hesitate to order from smartbuyglasses again.

11/28/13

I don't have anything to complain about this web store. Everything ran okay. The delivery was faster than I was expecting (2 days after I have paid), the sunglasses seems authentic. So, the only reason of 4 stars it is the price, I know cheaper places.
I would buy more stuff there.

10/29/13

5 Stars! Fantastic Product and Customer Support.

I just want to send a note to say my glasses have arrived and they are
awesome! Many many thanks ... they have been worth the wait. They are in
perfect shape and fit perfectly ... no adjustment needed at all. You guys
rock!!! :)

10/8/13

I made an order and they kept my money for two weeks before telling me that the card was "suspicious" and now they refuse to return my money until I get a paypal account for the refund. Paypal takes a 3% transaction fee, so buyers beware. smartbuyglasses.ca is a scam.

9/7/13

Site has the largest selection of designer frames that I have come across. After spending months trying to find the perfect frames in every store in Vancouver. I came across the SmartBuy website and found the Manufacturer I was looking for with a good selection and a great price (less than another website and half the price of a well know retailer) They were delivered on time and they were exactly as ordered. Mistakenly charged some delivery fee was reimbursed after contacting the customer service. Will definitely buy here again.

8/12/13

Easy website; fast delivery. 3rd pair of Maui's, and I'm familiar with authentic vs knock-offs, so I was skeptical at first. No problems at all. This was my first order from SmarBuyGlasses but not my last.

7/15/13

I have had lots of terrible experiences online over the years, which is why I am familiar with review sites. But today, I'd like to share my latest discovery: smartbuyglasses. These guys understood what selling online should be like.

first, they have the most impressive eyewear collection online. Others only have the best sellers from a few brands. There, you can spend a whole afternoon contemplating unique models and rare patterns by the best brands. I was actually impressed by their deals on tom ford & Ray Ban, but I am pretty sure they offer similar discounts on all brands. I just was too lazy to watch it all.

The order process was really easy and safe. as soon as the order is placed, you receive professional emails to update your order status. all in all, it took 3 days for my raybans to arrive to my office.
What I loved:
- Free shipping
- 2 year warranty
- good communication with customer service
- huge choice
- fast shipment

What I did not like:
- no phone number (although I diod not need it, I am sure some people would prefer to be able to contact them over the phone)
- too much choice! (yeah, some people were born to complain)

i'll definitely u_se their site again, and I recommand it to my friends.

7/9/13

Horrible refund service. I ordered a pair of prescription glasses, waited quite a long time for them to arrive and after I picked them up from DHL, I decided to return them. I contacted the refund department with Smartbuy.ca, and they said someone would contact me within 24 hours. No response after that. I contacted them again, and I was only given the link to the return policy, which I had already read and filled out the form, but no return address. I emailed 2 more times asking for the refund address and no response AT ALL despite the promise of 24 hour service. Now I have until this Tuesday to have them returned or they are past the deadline of 7 days, which the company states on their website. This is despite a total of 4 emails from me stating I wanted a return starting the day I received them. This company promises you so much and in the end they won't take them back. I am out $258 dollars now. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

7/9/13

Well I bought a pair of glasses from them thinking I was getting a good deal. They took forever for delivery and they broke 2 days after I got them. I was wearing them and I pushed them up on my nose and the lens on the right side just snapped in half. After about 20 emails and a few frustrating phone calls they offered to send me a replacement blank lens...... not even shaped to my frame or my prescription. Just a disk of plastic. I gave up and took my glasses to a local shop and had new lenses made up. And guess what. They're better quality less glare clearer and come with a 3 year warranty. This company is a rip off. I will never in life ever order glasses from them again. Terrible product quality. Terrible customer service. Terrible shipping. Hilariously enough I'm leaving this review here because they sent me an email asking me to. What a ludicrous company. Do not deal with them is my best advice.

6/16/13

I lost my sunnies 2 weeks ago, and felt lost without them... This is how I found Smartbuyglasses. I found models that are not available in other online stores, and at a great price (I paid $150 more in January for the exact same model in a Toronto store). I already ordered another pair for my friend's birthday next month!

6/4/13

I placed and order on this site, and I received it within 3 days! I'm really impressed by their service. I have been kept informed about my order status with very professional emails. I could also track the parcel on Fedex website, which was pretty useful.
I definitely recommand smartbuyglasses, and will purchase on the site again.

5/23/13

I ordered a pair of prescription glasses In January, and I still have not received them after 4 1/2 months!!!!! When I ordered them online all of the information required was given they claimed to have the product in stock and i paid in full. Only to get an email 3 weeks later that the item was not in stock!!! How could you not have notified me sooner?! After I constantly have to email to inquire about my order I still have not received a date as to when I can be expecting anything, all I get is the same comment of we can give you 5% off or you can wait for your item. BUYERS BEWARE If you need your item before next Christmas don't bother ordering from them their customer service is ridiculous and they are not accommodating at all.

3/25/13

I got my new pair of aviators 4 days after I placed the order! I found it quite fast and super reliable. I contacted the customer service a few times as I made a mistake ion my delivery address, Anna was super nice and helped me make the appropriate changes. and also, their prices are the best I found for my ray bans!

3/17/13

I ordered prescription glasses, received them in 10 days, as announced on the website. Great prices and high quality (Ray Ban frames + top notch Essilor lenses, which I had checked at a local optic store). Reliable store.

3/12/13

I just received my Versace eyeglasses within 6 days of ordering it and they look great! I still cant fathom how fast their service is from Hong Kong to Toronto.
They have superb customer service, employees Shirley and Anna were very helpful. I will definitely recommend my whole family using smartbuyglasses.ca along with anyone that is hesitant is purchasing products online.

3/12/13

I bought a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses from their shop 2 weeks ago. Great service, reliable, and quite fast. Especially, I love the fact that they ship for free throughout Canada, with no conditions (others demand a minimum basket value before offering the shipping).
I recommend this website.

Tip: I ordered several times from them, and I noticed products with a "fast shipping" ship really faster than the others. When ordering fast shipping products, my parcel arrived in one week!

2/26/13

It took two weeks for me to receive my glasses! I had ordered transition lenses and they were not transition, just regular ones. I am sending them back and getting a full refund. Of course I have to send them back at my own expense! I will never order from this company again!

12/31/12

I ordered a pair of aviator sunglasses on December 18, 2012. They were shipped from Hong Kong same day and FedEx delivered them to my door on December 20, 2012. The glasses arrived in time (they were a Christmas gift for my daughter) and in perfect condition. I will definitely buy from SmartBuyGlasses again. I am already considering buying prescription glasses for my daughter.
Thank you, SmartBuyGlasses, for a great shopping experience.

11/20/12

i'd say it's the best price u can find for a canadian buyer and the customer service is great (replys within a day with precise updates on ur order). What they can do better is on the shipping time since they dont have everything on stock except "FAst ship" items so it took me 1 month to recieve my glasses. But overall.. from the time they got my item to when it arrived... WOW !! Worth buying from them with confidence!!

11/2/12

Great product, arrived very quickly, the customer service was brilliant. I screwed up my own address on the order (d'uh) and emailed customer service and had a response in less than 15 minutes indicating they'd updated my address. Great prices, great product, great service.

9/4/12

I have purchased a few sets of sunglasses and have always had a positive experience. Even where a replacement set was required in order to satisfy my earlier shipping needs, the customer service representatives were helpful to ensure I got my sunglasses before heading away on vacation.

8/13/12

I have ordered from this site twice. The first time was a test with a pair of their quick-ship glasses for my son. They arrived by courier within a few days and were exactly what I ordered. The second time I ordered a pair for myself, a pair of sunglasses that were over $50 less than retail (Maui Jim). I followed up once and received a prompt reply. The glasses arrived, authentic, in the same packaging and with the same patented lenses I tried on in a store. Takes a bit longer to get them, but the savings were well worth the wait.

4/4/12

Ok so here are my PROBLEMS with this company. I wrote many emails and customer service doesn't seem to be moving....

1) I received my Ferragamo glasses. WOW seriously? You are going to tell me that these are authentic (and I was told by customer service in an email) even though that their is no authenticity certificate? I asked for an address to return them and after 4 emails I still don't have it even though Jerome from customer service took the time to copy and paste the return policy (which to me really is extremely misleading....big letters ''SmartBuyGlasses 100% Satisfaction Returns Guarantee'' and then in small letter EXCHANGE...in what world an exchange is a return?). So still no email with an address and its been 5 days since the 1st email asking for a return address.

2) I was supposed to get a 10 % discount. I got confirmation (twice) saying that it will be applied and that I will see it on my Visa statement. After 2 email confirmations fro, Jerome again...guess what still no credit!

What a sham. I might as well throw my glasses in the garbage as I cannot even sell them on ebay since I do not believe they are real! If you have a choice DO NOT ORDER from them.

1/30/12

My glasses order was processed and received very quickly. Glasses were at least $100 less expensive than any competitor's website. Many online competitors did not stock the brand or model at all because it was in season. I saved $300 from what I would have paid at my optician. My only comment is that when emailing back and forth with customer service, I communicated with several individuals who had, at best, a beginner to intermediate command of the English language.

9/21/11

I placed an order for prescription glasses over a month ago from smartbuyglasses.ca and have STILL not received them despite being quoted 5-14 working days. I was originally very excited to have found such a good deal online for the glasses I'd been wanting for a few weeks.

After placing the order and waiting a few weeks for the glasses to arrive I began to wonder what the delay was. I called their 1-800# approx. 25 times and have NEVER ONCE got an answer from them. Their website said that they were waiting the confirmation of my prescription (although this was never requested from me). I sent it to them by email and asked for a status update.

I have finally been receiving some email traffic from their "service manager" who says the package is en route and should arrive anytime. She (Anna) says the courier company will call me before delivery. No explanation for the lengthly delay other than blaming their supplier. She did offer a whole 5% off the cost of the frames and indicated this would be processed within 2-3 days on my credit card (over a week later, still hasn't happened).

The courier company they use does not have a phone number in North America (Asia and Australia only) so you can't get a hold of them either. I've tracked the package online and apparently it was delivered to me yesterday although no such thing happened. Now I'm stuck with NO way to contact Smartbuyglasses.ca or the courier company and no product. The service has been absolutely AWFUl from start to finish and I'm beginning to doubt whether the entire company is just an online scam. DO NOT BUY from Smartbuyglasses.ca!

The Best Eyeglasses Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber