US Government's NSF

55 Reviews for ShopAtHome

▼ Sort by: recent

loism14
9/14/14

My business is listed on this website without my permission. I don't offer coupons and they had no right to add my site. They just want to show a lot of businesses listed rather than businesses that requested to be listed. That's misleading to customers

paulag7
2/7/14

this shopping mall is full of trashy people with no self control all of the baby mamas who is just having babies and not taking care of them it is a shame how young mothers are not supporting their kids on their own.

ak152
2/6/14

I was using ShopAtHome regularly and all of a sudden I ordered a large item from JCPenney and should have received almost $40 in cashback, but didn't. ShopAtHome said I didn't order through them when I definitely did! I have been using it for dozens of purchases and then suddenly it doesn't work on my largest purchase. HMmmmm. Don't you find that strange?? And they won't tell me where they got the information saying that I went through another site so I can investigate the transaction. Scam!

nicholes3
1/20/14

Every time I want to order on-line (which is becoming more and more often) I sign into Shop At Home first. The money back is great, but the free shipping codes makes it well worth it to shop from my office and not have to leave the house looking for something I need. I complete all of Christmas shopping on-line every year now using Shopathome.com in record time, everything is delievered where it needs to go, and I get a check within a couple months. I get paid to save time and money by shopping on-line. It's kinda crazy! My favorite is plane tickets thorugh expedia.com because it's such a high ticket item I get a lot of money back each time for spending exactly what I would if I didn't use shopathome.com. Can't rave about this site enough!

candim1
1/15/14

i downloaded this app to try to download a couple of coupons. my new years resolution to help my family save money. and this program totally corrupted my computer. it took the computer over. now it won't let me uninstall it. it turned off my restore so i can't restore to a prior date. when i turned restore back on. the only date it will give me is the date i downloaded this very bad app. my computer is completely useless and i can't get this out of my computer. bad. very bad app. please don't take the chance with your computer

ts65
12/5/13

I have trouble with any site who does not identify the owners or who is responsible for their site. Most likely it is Tammy Prochaska, from WI, A/K/A The Coupon Lady. Her husband Marv sued his former employer, Menards, for millions because they fired him...he lost. IMO, These two people think their poop does not smell, and they think they are better than everyone else. They are both mean and hateful and I would NEVER do business with either of them. Tammy comes off to be friendly, but don't turn your back on her and Marv, ask Menards Home Improvements about him. Don't you people realize this internet coupon business is a scam and you are only making people like the ones mentioned above rich by using it to save a tiny bit of money? Go by local, from the local merchants and stop supporting China jobs and big Corporations by falling for the coupon scams. Besides, most of the coupon foods are loaded with GMO, chemicals, preservatives and are killing you . If you look at Tammy's backside you would see the results of eating coupon foods.

tinan1
11/23/13

Awful!!!! Have been using them for years but I have finally had enough!! So many of my purchases do not get credited to my account. I've had to fill out their, very lengthy, missing cash back form too many times. Today will be the last time! There is another cash back site that works much better, smoothly and I have never had a problem, ever. Do your research on cash back sites before you pick one to use

stevew72
10/28/13

Terrible experience might just be a ripoff. I spent money at one of their site's and got next to nothing compared to what they claimed I would get. I filled in a complaint form, which asked for hard to get information. I then sent it in and got no response at all. A ripoff

km39
10/25/13

I received an email from Shopathome.com saying I should sign into an account that I never setup with them. I have reported it as spam. Sure is sketchy.

brittanya2
9/9/13

Love the site! Used it to book our summer vacation and buy back-to-school clothes and got a nice check in the mail. No spam. Easy to use.

sarahw43
7/31/13

Terminate my account without any notice, just because I made multiple gift with purchases for my friends and family, and they refuse to pay all the cash back even for those regular purchase. Very bad and greedy website, they can take all your cash back any time for the ridiculous reasons.

rk28
6/21/13

I didn't like it at all. Very spammy. I never bothered trying to get money back. If you scroll through the reviews you'll notice a lot of posts on same dates by people with no image and only one review. All of them raving about the site one after the other but if you go through to the earlier reviews, one posted just recently... they say terrible things about this site.
It's quite obvious most of the positive reviews were posted by individuals associated with shopathome hence the higher star rating than it deserves. The fact that they would attempt to get ahead that way pretty much diminishes their credibility in my opinion.
I think the concept is great though. I hope they clean their act.
Don't let others be scammed. If you feel you agree, post your honest review.

sandral21
6/21/13

I began using shoptathome and I accumulated roughly $200 in two months time (I spend ALOT) and thought ‘hey, this website provides cashback on my purchases, this is great’. Last week, I received an email stating they were closing my account for some odd reason and they were not going to send me a check for the amount I accumulated in my shopathome account. I think that shopathome saw that the money I accumulated was too much and came up with a BS excuse to close my account. If I had known they were just going to close my account, I would have used other sites like mrrebate or ebates. I’m never using this site again and I highly recommend others to keep away as well.

wendyt7
5/2/13

Love love the 110% Guaranteed, nobody beats ShopatHome's cashback. Checks are always mailed out on time, thank you for helping me save money!

rogerd30
4/28/13

Cant beat it, you get a discount when you buy plus a check back when you get to $20 accured in your account. Love it!!

darrylm12
4/25/13

i love the fact that you can get money back by shopping online plus you can use coupons so you get more back

lydiam4
4/25/13

Got my check a few weeks ago, just as promised. I was tickled pink to get cash for purchases I would have made anyway.

terrih4
4/25/13

I am disabled and do alot of shopping online. It is great that I can get a little back on what I spend. I have received two checks from shopathome. I love this site it seems to be safe and easy to use.

christinaw6
4/24/13

It toolk me a couple months of shopping - I finally got to the minimum of around 30 dollars- That's 30$ more that I have in my pocket!

stephanied5
4/24/13

Awesome! I get rebate checks for making purchases I was already going to make from stores that are affiliated with Shop at Home (which are plenty).

jeffreym26
4/24/13

Wow really cash back i love it and it makes me want to shop more and its fun when i do Shop At Home is a god send

marciav
4/24/13

Receive a check periodically and have NO problem with this web site! I like the cash back program!

earleanf
4/23/13

When I joined shopathome.com I had no idea it was a cash earning program until I received an email letting me know I would be receiving a check in the mail. Five Stars for ShopAtHome.Com.

crystalr2
4/23/13

I've hear about receiving money for doing the things we would normally do on-line, but have never found any to be true. Until now! I actually did receive a rebate check from shop at home! I'm glad it came because now I know I should make sure I am using my shop your way rewards to the max!

mariond10
4/23/13

Awesome!!! Love the extra money for shopping!

alyssar1
4/23/13

The website was very helpful and I appreciate the opportunity for cash back on my purchases.

roxannem2
4/23/13

Awesome it is so nice to get paid for buying stuff I would be buying anyway!

christyb3
4/23/13

Great Website, has all the current coupons listed and it is nice to also get Cash back for online shopping.

vickih5
4/23/13

Fabulous website giving you cashback for things you would buy anyway! Genius idea. My last check arrived as promised and am looking forward to my next one. Makes shopping for essentials and treats truly rewarding.

mellisas

RECEIVED MY CHEQUE IN ABOUT 2 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DISPATCH

gs20
4/9/13

ShopAtHome.com is a SCAM and a SPAM company that the Better Business supports because ShopAtHome.com pay the Better Business Bureau BIG DOLLARS to quiet the public down about their BAD BUSINESS practice. Once they get your email address its all over because ShopAtHome.com will spam you till the day you take your last breath. They fake good deals and prey on mindless people to SCAM them out of their money. If you want deals and discounts on thing, go RIGHT TO THE COMPANY your looking for discount or deals from and there you will get your Best deals. I go to the company websites and look for coupons, deals and discounts and I get them without getting spam mail.

onkark
4/5/13

NEVER SHOP FROM THIS SITE :

This website looks like a SCAM to me, they don’t issue the cashback points in your account, by giving some false reasons. It has happened in my case, I contacted the merchant from which I had ordered few items via shopathome.com, and the merchant told me that they have made the payment already to shopathome, and these crappy guys are keeping my money by saying that the merchant has an issue with the cashback rebate. Worst customer service ever! They even issue the certain amount of cashback in the account first, send the email and delete it from the account after few days when they see that the total is approaching to $20 and they would have to issue the cashback checque to the customers. Sheer bull$#*!! They must improve their customer service or else the day wouldn’t be far when they have to close the doors.

jayt17
3/4/13

Get off this site & stay away from it at all cost!!!!!

BIG SCAM!!! YOU NEVER GET PAY> ALL THE 5-STAR RATING HERE ARE BY THEIR EMPOLYEE……JUST READ AT THEM & YOU SEE THEY ARE FORM WRITTEN BY SAME PERSON!!!!

USE ebates, mrrebates, fatwallet or BigCrumbs. This site is definitely a scam if you compare to any of those I listed.

How the hell the government allow such scam to state in business!!!

lindam61
1/6/13

I love getting cash back on my purchases. I saved a lot of money not only with coupons I found at ShopAtHome.com but the cash I get back from my purchases. I am a ShopAtHome.com employee and not only does the company want to put the customer 1st they are also very good to their employees. A great place to work and to save.

michellew20
12/17/12

I have been a member for over 5 years and I get regular cash back checks with no issues. i have earned over $2000 in cash back since I started! The coupons and cash back are great!

waynee1
11/5/12

I received cash back for my first 2 small purchases (about $7 total). However, I made several follow-on purchases thru this site and received nothing - one of the cash backs should have been $25. All of the purchases were made 2 months ago. So I go to file an inquiry request and find out that there are no track back numbers for my transactions, so I can't file an inquiry as this info is required for the form to be submitted. I can't find any other way to contact this site. I don't know what their problem is, at least a very poorly run website, maybe more. I will never use their site again. Fatwallet and ebates are 100% reliable and you get the cash back % they advertise.

kevinh37
10/31/12

I made a purchase from nook.com (Barnes & Noble site), and was directed to sign up for shopathome.com to get a free gift certificate. They insisted on a cell phone number. I trust B&N, so I gave it. I never could get the certificate, and now I am getting spam! Note that sice I own my own domain, I give each and every company a different e-mail address. I started getting spam on by B&N address (which is what I gave to shopathome). I also got a marketing call to my cell phone.

chriss94
10/3/12

There are a lot of great coupon sites out there but Shopathome is the best one I've found for Cash Back and many times has the same or better coupons with ability to also provide cash-back....something retailmenot and others don't do.

Here's my top pros and cons of Shopathome:

Pros
110% Price Guarantee - this is a link available on all stores that offer cash-back. Every once in a while I'll find another site offering better cash-back on a store I'm going to purchase and never had a problem with ShopAtHome honering at 110% better cash-back price

Earn cash-back on everyday essentials - ie, I buy everything from toilet paper to toothpaste on shopathome and pickup at Walmart or have it shipped from Walgreens or Drugstore.com and save lots of money + earn cash back.

Cash-back often works with coupons as guaranteed on each of their store pages to double dip on savings.

Use for travel! Most travel sites don't offer a lot of coupons but Shopathome guarantees cash-back at 110% on everything from hotels to vacation packages....if you're already booking your hotel online, great to have cash-back on it as well!

Responsive customer service - other reviewers seem to have an issue but I usually get an email response within about 2 business days on the 2 commissions I have had

Toolbar allows you to see cash-back anywhere you are shopping online

Every day they offer a good cash-back deal on a product or store that is much better than I've seen on other sites

When you search for a product in the search box it will show you cash back options for that specific product as well

Cons

Cash-back isn't paid till $20 is reached - eBates is similar but sites like big crumbs is lower

No PayPal Option

They push their toolbar a lot - personally don't like toolbars and wish it would stop asking me.

Need to pay attention to the cash back guidelines at each store page to make sure your purchase is not restricted...ie, gift cards, iphones, and some categories might have lower cash-back rates

Have found some of the coupons other sites are offering can be higher than what Shopathome has with cash-back....seem to net out in the end in most cases but wish shopathome always had the best coupons

markd31
9/22/12

I have been a ShopatHome.com customer for almost a year. I purchased a $900 camera from BestBuy, but NEVER received the cashback. I inquired about this, and never heard back. Other purchases are a hit or miss, and takes upto 30 days to hear back. If you dont hear back, you can file a cash back inquiry. They dont respond to these inquiries either. Id recommend eBates or fatWallet.

gk10
8/30/12

Shop at home is hijacking traffic away from the web site you think your visiting and attaching their affiliate codes onto the urls. I wonder what the retailers think about this?

nascarmoms
7/30/12

Shopathome.com is an online shopping cash back site similar to Ebates and others.Basically you go through their links and shop at online stores and get a percentage of your total back. Most stores offer between 3%-8% although I have seen as low as 1% and as high as 60%.They usually will send a check at the end of every month, but you need to have earned a minumum of $20 to get a check. I can't say I've had any negative experiences with this company. I have received several checks from them with little or no effort on my part. The hardest part is remembering to go through their site links first.I just last month got a check for around $235 in the mail that I had completely forgotten about (We ordered several appliances online and picked them up at our local store). Most checks will not be that big unless you spend a huge amount of money somewhere, but they do add up pretty fast. I also shop online a fair amount. If you don't shop online often chances are you won't make much cash back. I love this site and have not had any problems yet.

johnk7
6/20/12

very good customer service

cheryll5
Apprentice Reviewer
6/19/12

I was impressed by this site and even downloaded their toolbar. I used their coupon section and was beginning to use their rebate section. But then they did something unforgivable in my book -THEY POSTED THEIR ADS ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE!!

Not on the side but on my wall where the comments go, like I was endorsing them. I don't know how I was tricked into giving them my Facebook page. I was so angry I UNINSTALLED their toolbar. Glad to see from other reviewers, I'm not missing much!

nindem
1/18/12

I really like the cash back portion of the site, but I hate the toolbar! Would be awesome to be able to visit the site without having to download anything to access half of it...especially since most of the coupons can be found on other sites.

However - I still really like their cash back guarantee, so I keep using them for online purchases.

emilys10
9/22/11

I should have listened to all the reviews I read but instead I saw an A+ (THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE) rating with BBB and assumed that meant, it was a good company. I was wrong.

Shopathome.com will at best credit your account if the amount of cashback is under $10

However; for other purchases, the ones you really care about earning cashback on, it will NEVER appear & to make things better, customer service will NEVER reply to you.

Right before signing up for DirecTV, I submitted a form for the supposedly 110% guarantee this worthless cashback website claims to offer. I actually received a reply from them, telling me they verified the link I provided and once I make a purchase, I would be credited X amount of dollars.

Well guess what? I used shopathome instead of a reputable company and waited, waited, waited & than waiting some more. No cashback and this is even after I have already received and paid my 1st bill. So I sent an email to shopathome with the original email I received from them, confirming they would credit my account as soon as I made a purchase.

Surprise, Surprise! No response just like the last time I contacted them due to lack of credit and was ignored. That time, I made excuses for them... Such as the messsage was lost, they had bad weather and lost power, their system was down, etc..

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So as soon as I submit this review, I will promptly file a complaint with BBB & immediately after file with my local small claims court.

I also want to note the following which was revelead against the lovely BBB

UPDATE: April 2011.. abc 20/20 eposes the BBB, Terror Group Gets 'A' Rating From Better Business Bureau, business owners nationwide say BBB is running a "pay for play" scheme in which A plus ratings are awarded to those who pay membership fees, and F ratings used to punish those who don't. Nationwide Internet Canada
*Consumer Comment: BBB caught with hand in cookie jar!

I will be seeing both BBB & shopathome.com in court & I will NOT settle, just an FYI

umal
9/12/11

ShopAtHome.com looks like a scam. I purchased at safeway.com through ShopAtHome by clciking at the right deal which said 20$ cashback for orders of 49$ or more .I order edat safeway.com for little more than 49$. I received my ordered items as well. But my shopAtHome.com shows up only 13$ rebate cashback amout. Also i signed up and purchased for the first time through ShopAtHome.com, which means i need to get my 5$ bonus cashback as well. But my account says 0.00$ signup/bonus amount. Also no customerService number to contact them.. phh!!!!!

peiks
8/14/11

I am new to shopathome and so far hate it. I bought allyou magazine form magazine.come because shopatehome give 60% rebate back on 8/9 and I bought it on 8/9 and now under my account it said bought 8/10 and only get 28% back. That a lot different. I would like to get 60% that was promised at the time of buying. I even got email from magazine.com telling me I bought it at 8/9.

Feel like I been cheated on my first shopping

hongt
7/24/11

my first check was lost in thin air for over 1 month but after contacting customer service couple times. they've had research and reissued my check. I will continue to shop at their site.

mixxyn
6/16/11

Yes, they pay your real cash back but their cash back system is not reliable. About 30 % of websites they advertised, won't pay you cash back as promised. You have to wait until 30 days if no cash back show up then you can send cash back inquiry, asked them to investigate. They never ever responded and resolved problem !!! You will only received automatically responded email. That's it.

I lost my eligible cash back more than $20 from 3 websites so far . I do online shopping almost everyday and experienced many cash back websites. I would recommended "Fatwallet" or "eBates" which are more reliable and great customer service.

fredv
5/4/11

I have had nothing but good look look with shop at home, they have always given me back rebates. If I have any issues I send them a email, they get, right back to me. I have gotten back quite a few dollars back through them. One thing you need to watch out for is not all companies will give you rebates for things you buy, you need to read the coupons.

Best Coupon Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber