US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

virginiam13

I have met and dated some truly great men from this site and have not had a bad experience with any (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeffs99
5/18/15

single Dating site ever.
They cram too much on a page. Too many popups and basically a scam.
I've been hit on by so called matches half my age.
Right!

danielt56
4/29/15

My profile was taken over by someone else earlier last year and had extremely difficult time from SPM to restore. Now again when I am on the site and looking up "who I viewed" there appears to be several women I did not view appearing there and requests (4) to SPM have had no response from them. Asking for a refund or correction to this has gone unanswered except with the usual automated email. These are crooks no doubt in my mind and my concern of my profile being hacked again has gone into their trash bin.

vees2
4/19/15

I clicked on an ad for this site and moved through it out of curiosity. Huge mistake....I am now receiving automated emails confirming my membership when I didn't even finish an application or give them payment information. Smacks of a scam....hope people read the reviews first and avoid this site.

gregm57
4/12/15

Lots of folks have commented on how SPM quickly charges you for a 6 month membership so I won't belabor that point other than to same it's true. My other complaint is that the system is set up to make the illusion of interest that is far greater than actual. Every time you log on, there is a "Who Do You Like?" panel. The 2 women in the panel are then notified that you viewed them. I thought I was getting all sorts of views and reached to some of them and almost never got a reply...because there wasn't ever any interest. So looking at who has viewed you is mostly a waste of time.

judyw12
3/24/15

It is another website that sucks your money an still don't have any men. Just to many profiles that never answer a reply I have yet to join one of these senior citizen dating sites that there are men and not just profiles to fill in the spaces.

ss128
3/23/15

I signed up for one month of membership, a couple of weeks later, just wanted to make sure that my membership is not turned on to Auto Renewal (due to an earlier experience from one of their other sites) and guess what, it was turned on to auto renewal and I was charged 6months membership fee where I ONLY subscribed for 1 month.
Inspite of writing to them I did not hear back for over 48 hrs.
Be Aware... These websites with XXpeoplemeet.com have this problem. I had a similar problem a year ago with their SingleParentMeet.
These practices continue with these websites. Always check yr billing on yr card.

katet19
3/18/15

Had high hopes but met with the same old greedy story. Many, many of the men's profiles are identical, word for word, copied and pasted obviously- but by whom? It's a scam. I turned off auto payment for my now-cancelled subscription. Let's see if the creeps honor it!

lindab117
3/15/15

By nature cautious I thought this IDEA of a senior dating site was too good to be true. I took a chance, the cost of one month after wasn't outrageous. But then the good folks in Texas define a month as 26 days! What? Must be a Texas way of counting.... Another 72 hours to have a picture "approved" -- now I'm down to 23 days, then my comments keep going missing like I don't know how to "S-A-V-E" -- by the time my profile is on the site, another three of four days have gone by, now down to 19 days for my base cost for one month --plus never explained instatement fees bringing the total to about $31? Like others have mentioned, I got the feeling the good matches out there were bogus. Call it intuition, but it was th first thing that came to mind. Never again!

lynnec12
2/26/15

This site did not allow me out of my free trial, and charged me without notice for the next 6 months. So I had no usage, and assumed that it was over. Makes sense, they kick you off, and you think you are done. Guess what they charged me anyways. And its a lousy site.

georgek53
2/6/15

This website is 100% fraud, stay away!!! It looks like they make up fictitious people who chat with the real ones, and when you are supposed to meet them, they'll always cancel the date the last minute. Report them to the BBB for investigation.

2/2/15

I have been on this site basically for nearly three years; I have met some reasonably nice men in my area, but not the one; but I have been contacted by many men who were obviously scammers, and I tried to notify the people who run this website. They have no direct address on the website so you cannot really contact them without a lot of research & hassle. And I've indicated several men by marking them block (in my area) and these idiots who run this website don't pay much attention, obviously. Again tonight I was contacted by someone who has been blocked six or seven times, a scary person. My 'membership' is almost up & I'm NOT signing up again. When members cannot contact the creators of a website there's something wrong!!! I would say AVOID THIS WEBSITE!!

virginiam13
1/13/15

I have been on this site off and on for approx. 9 months. The biggest issue I have is that flirts are sent without my knowledge as well as I have received flirts without that persons knowledge. There are definitely scammers on the site, but I feel that it is up to the subscriber to always proceed with caution, carefully read the profiles and if there is any doubt, to report it. Better to be safe than sorry. I have met and dated some truly great men from this site and have not had a bad experience with any

kevinv12
1/2/15

SeniorPeopleMeet.com is a terrific site for viewing and (hopefully!) meeting new friends of the opposite sex (and, perhaps new mates). I am also impressed with their customer service as I had a concern and the CS rep resolved the concern rapidly and made my day this morning (2 January 2015) when I found her response in my email.

jerryb50
12/3/14

This is what they keep telling me about why they cannot post my picture:

We appreciate your participation with SeniorPeopleMeet.com. Recently you uploaded a photo, and due to the guidelines of SeniorPeopleMeet.com terms and conditions we were unable to post the photo.

What guidelines are they talking about, this was a totally normal snapshot of me in a Western Band I was playing in at the time?? They NEVER told me what their guidelines were, or what the problem with my photo was. The exact same photo has been on Facebook for a long long time.

tomk50
10/27/14

This site is everything it promised to be. I get daily matches from the geographic region I specified, and the ages I requested.j I would recommend them to anyone

Tom K

norac7
10/24/14

I think there was one or two credible men on the whole site. The rest were only looking for sex. Hard to take anyone seriously after too many of those experiences. I suppose they should monitor and make sure that the women on there really aren't hookers in disguise!

susanl50
9/2/14

I was matched up to a gentleman who seemed like a dream come true. Nice picture, nice profile, and we chatted the entire weekend. He wanted my cell phone number and I did not give it out and explained why. Anyways, I had dropped my subscription and a couple of days later is when I got this very nice match in my area. On the 3rd day his profile was gone. Poof! I am starting to think I was duped into renewing because I obviously renewed so I could communicate with this nice man. Anyone else out there been scammed like that? I am really thinking I was set up, although I could call that number, I don't think I should.

mm97
8/28/14

Dont waste your money on this site. I signed up for a month and somehow was charhed for a 6 month membership. Customer service is of no use, they ate trained to read scrips only. No help with my fradulant membership due to policy. I contacted bbb and filed complaint.
95% profiles are scammers.

Tip for consumers: Dont get tripped up in a subscription

kazuem
8/18/14

This site is completely Fraud, taking money from CC. I stoppped automatic-payment, and reviewed if it was OK. Later, the site changed my account status "auto-payment" again!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this.

marisab2
8/2/14

I get so many profiles from every state, including Canada? I have received few responses when I e-mail prospects. Looks like I made a mistake signing up.

barbarat10
6/28/14

This is a lousy site and is not worth the money. I joined in Dec and paid for 6 months and am sorry I did. No matter how many times I go into my profile to indicate what match I would like - the matches are NOTHING like what I asked for. You have the option of choosing what race you'd like and smoking or non-smoking, marital status and age among other things - and these are the 3 items they get wrong consistently.I ask for a 60-70 year old white male, divorced or widowed, non-smoker, and what do I get. Not white - "legally separated" which is just crap, smoker and 54 years old? Don't waste your money on this site. You have a better chance of meeting someone on a bus!

rayb44
6/28/14

The only results I got werefrom women 1000 miles away asking to exchange emails so they could send me pics. My profile states local only. I cannot get a single reply from the 100 close by women. And when they come on the site and you try and chat with them you get an error message. Total scam.

bn19
6/25/14

I have been here since May 2014. I met one real person from a town near me. I have been approached by others, many from far away states. My profile states that I don't do long distance and that I stay away from scam/fraud (catfishing). Many guys try to get me out of the site to send me their pictures to my cellphone, which I don't provide. I asked them to use Skype because I want to see their real faces. I don't hear from them again. I had a bad experience at match and I was there for one month. I did not loose any money, just trust and empathy for others. I have been reading a lot about romance scams/fraud. I am a 53 yo female and I know that I am a target. I am not going to be a victim. My credit card will be cancel before the renewal date.

jackb96
6/23/14

i got robbed also. the site said 11.95 for a month and then charged me 80.00. "we have a strict no refund policy"

jeana16
6/6/14

Stop! Save your money and DO NOT sign up for this site. It's a total scam. This site "matched" me up with people from all over Canada and the US although my criteria stated I wanted to meet people within a local mileage range. They also sent me "matches" of men who smoked, different ethical backgrounds, non-religious men, etc. All of my criteria was not even used. I even recieved messages from men who are in the 40's....so much for it being a 50-55+ web site. I have cancelled my renewal and it better be done or I will take legal action. You can't even get a response from Customer Service except for an automated reply. Forget this site - spend your money on joining a group class or something in your neighbourhood. Good luck.

lauram55
3/10/14

I signed my mother up for this site and helped her communicate on it. The MAJOR PROBLEM is that they don't mention that you're automatically signed up for auto renew. They told me that they did notify me at the beginning, which is laughable. I'm sure it was disguised in the smallest font type. It also took me a lot of searching on the website to stop the auto renew. PLEASE BEWARE. THIS IS A SCAM.

cliverm
3/6/14

I am a stained glass artist in the high end glass art and when I posted my art work they took it down and implied that it was someone else and that it was 2nd or 3rd party work. I threatened them with legal action on their liable statements and they allowed me to post. Then I guess a shift change came alone and removed more works and some that had been previously approved. I think there are enough people to create a class action lawsuit even if the lawyer gets all the money, I don't care I just want some justice...OH and I was sucked in with the free account - all of a sudden there seemed to be activity on my free trial and I paid and found it to be 4 statements from the company.

yvonned1
2/1/14

A lot of people have had bad experiences with this internet dating. I can not understand the reason.I have been on this one several times. I am not looking for a husband just someone to be like a good friend. I have found many and when one or the other of us find someone else we part as friends. I think some people just look at the picture and turn them down.That will get you no where.. If they have some interests like yours, give it a try . It might not be the love affair of the century but it could be the start of something good. My longest relationship was 4 years .I am 80 now.

stevenm67
1/28/14

this site is a joke .The chance of actually getting a date are not good.Even if you exchange emails and you think everything is going well all of a sudden you stop getting replys and you wonder what it is you did wrong.Also in some of the profiles the women set standards that very very few people[men] can meet.Lets face it this is a senior people dating site and if I was making 100,000 dollars+ I wouldn,t be looking at you.I mean that your not exactly Queen of the May anymore, if you ever were.In conclusion stay away and avoid this site like the plague. Capt.Steve

md45
12/25/13

What a joke and waste of money. Better off going to the bar!

richt7
12/21/13

I think its a good idea but bad execution. You can find real people on Match.com or Chemistry.com (they're related) and they do honor age-bracket setting - and some of those same people here, so they do have SOME real people. I think the big problem is their algorithms for "matching" you are bogus - it seems like some random computer program to me. And a preponderance of members without pictures is always a concern. Give this one a miss - there are better sites.

marciat
11/11/13

signed up thinking it was only going to cost me $12.95 for ONE month. Decided it wasn;t for me, so canceled the next day. Got my credit card bill... it was for the 6 MONTH sign up... over $80.00!!!!! Steer clear of this site for your own good!

michaelc74
8/7/13

Beware. They inform folks you sent a "flirt", or viewed a profile, when you did not. Say you were viewed by others, but were not,(computer generated). The few I messaged did not answer, (hard to believe all were that rude). I'm 65 and had three 30 year olds "flirt' with me???? sounds a bit phoney. Don't waste your money with this site. I think all the others operate in the same fashion too. A real shame!

noneb
7/15/13

This site is a ripoff! They set your account up to renew automatically without letting you know explicitly (it might be in very lengthy fine print). Then they renew without any warning to make sure you agree. They make it very difficult to contact them and then when you ask for a refund they do not refund any portion.

cindyw16
5/31/13

All the men seemed only interested in how I looked, not who I was. The site mated me with smokers non religious men, men out of state and I had requested NOT to have that done. I have cancelled the next month billing. I hope this is done. I am trying to have my profile removed, but am not having any luck in contacting customer service, if this even exist??? I am very unhappy with this site and how they handled their billing and how they handle introducing people to one another!! It seems hit and miss!!

fa1436
1/31/13

These guys have a stated price to sign up. I think it was 23.99 but then when I checked my credit card record it was 27.99. They sneak in what they call a processing fee. How dishonest can you be?

In addition I found people I had supposedly added as a favorite which I don't recall adding. Lots of flirts from out of state when I clearly state in my profile that I will not respond. They either don't read my profile or they are system generated flirts.
Although there are legitimate users on the site it's difficult to figure out who is real and who fake.
Fortunately I signed up for one month and cancelled shortly there after to prevent the auto re-bill. All in all I think this is a shady site. You're better off going to Match.com.

carold5
9/23/12

If you get an email and want to read it or even just see who its from, a pop up comes up and the first and cheapest option is 6 months $12.99. PLEASE NOTE: IT DOES NOT SAY 6 MONTHS $12.99 A MONTH!!!!!!!! You therefore think it is costing you $12.99 to join for six months.
Not only that, but all of the men who contacted me within the hour I was at the site, either couldn't write without sounding like they were speaking broken English or without sounding like they were a pervert.

lesliep7
4/12/12

If other dating sites are like this one, god help online daters. Difficulty navigating subscription and membership cancellation procedures. Two weeks into a one-month subscription, I cancelled. Also sent emails to SPM customer service requesting confirmation of cancellation in the event I am billed again. Continued to receive flirt messages despite cancellation. Called People Media @866-727-8920 three times, insisting on cancellation confirmation. The site has no business integrity. Caveat emptor. Always research a site before giving out that credit card number!

gwenm
11/10/11

I agree, seniormeet is a rip off and they trick seniors into believing its free when it is not. They hook you in and then tell you it's free but then they need $11.95 a month for you to view messages. When you give them your card, they charge $75.00. What a rotten thing to do to seniors. Many of the men on the site are dangerous predators who have cut and pasted stock photos of nice looking American men, but when you engage them in conversations they can't even write in english. They always are in love at first site and want to talk off site with your phone number and personal information required. Be carfull, these guys are not looking for a date but for someone to rip off.

omegar
11/9/11

This site is a shame. It does not have a good scam elimination system at all. Here is an article that shows the dangers of scammers especially with one found on this very site which this dating site took absolutely no responsibility for afterwards in the article. The article has highlighted a scammer problem that prevails it seems on the site.

Topic: Online Dating Scam Leaves Widow Esther Ortiz-Rodeghero Heartbroken, Foreclosed, Bankrupt

From: The Huffington Post,. Denver

Date: November 10, 2011

"A woman looking for love online instead lost her life savings after falling for an internet scammer on a seniors' dating site.

Esther Ortiz-Rodeghero of Castle Rock, Colorado, lost her husband in 2010 after he died of pancreatic cancer. After his passing, Ortiz-Rodeghero tells 7News, "I was grieving, and I was lonely, and I wanted someone to share my life with." She says a therapist advised her to go online to meet new people.

She soon discovered a dating website called SeniorPeopleMeet.com, where the 55-year-old financial analyst encountered "Wayne Jackson," a man who presented himself as an Army major general who had lost his wife in a car accident. A picture of "Wayne" provided by Ortiz-Rodeghero depicts a handsome black-haired man in army fatigues, smiling at the camera.

According to ABC, the man claimed to be stationed in Iraq but would be retiring to the United States soon. The two emailed nearly every day. A month later, he requested she send him $800, claiming his bank account had been frozen and, due to his station in Iraq, wouldn't be able to sort it out with the bank in person.

Ortiz-Rodeghero says he showed her bank statements, and began asking for money on a more regular basis. She complied, thinking she'd helped "Wayne" start a business they would both one day run together, writes the NY Daily News. She emptied her personal savings, 401k, and her husband's life insurance, then proceeded to take out loans -- about $500,000 in all.

When she sent "Wayne" money for a plane ticket and he never showed, Ortiz-Rodeghero understood she'd been scammed. In addition to her emotional losses, the Daily Mail reports she recently lost her job of 17 years, her house is in foreclosure, and she has declared bankruptcy.

SeniorPeopleMeet.com, the website where Ortiz-Rodeghero met "Wayne," warns users to never send money to someone you meet online, especially by wire transfer.

The U.S. Army also has issued a warning about online dating profiles from persons claiming to be serving abroad."

I hope all who who read this realize the sadness that scams and scammers can bring and separate themselves from seniorpeoplemeet.com and let the site eventually be shut down for all its shames.

lesterc1
4/22/11

They appear to have many tchnical problems. My Internet Explorer occasionally goes crazy here, and I've had several notifications of attack attempts by my security software. About half of the people I write do respond, and I have found two definite possibilities. But the IM feature stinks; it keeps cutting off.

sandrar5
2/3/11

This site is definitely a rip off...I have even gone so far as to request a refund but good luck on that, huh? Just a site for users and players. I joined on impulse and have regretted it ever since. Please don't make the same mistake I did...you could get the same promises this site offers for "free". Spread the word...innocent people are falling for this crap every day and this site's promises are not kept. Post your comments everywhere until someone checks into this scam. Seniorpeoplemeet=garbage. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish i had used my money elsewhere. Help !!!

twk
1/21/11

I had previously tried out the SCAM site Smartdate.com (which I heard about in a FACEBOOK AD) and had just realized it was a total scam when I clicked on the SENIORpeoplemeet.com ad, also on FACEBOOK. Seniorpeoplemeet.com is even worse than smartdate.com, if that's possible. They advertise as 'free' initially but you can only put up your photo free, you cannot receive any messages without signing up for their automated monthly program - which I didn't do. (How stupid do I look?) Anyway, I went to the trouble of entering some basic information - without even a photo! - and got a message from someone. That seemed strange to me as I had not yet typed in any descriptions of what I wanted, etc. Once I did that and uploaded a photo, the rapid response of messages was identical in nature to smartdate.com except that this site would not let me actually look at them until I paid them money. I had never before tried out any online dating site & these 2 just happened to catch me in an adventurous mood.

Word of warning - Do NOT put in money for a site that says it has a free trial period. If the whole thing isn't free (without entering ANY payment info), do what I do and consider it a complete scam. The chances are extremely high that it is.

danaw2
9/30/10

This site is filled with scam artist who are praying on the older generation. I recieved one e-mail and by the third he was madly in love with me. He then proceeded to go out of the country and call from an international number telling me he needed money he had been robbed with a gun to his head. John Smith his name was(he was Russian with a very heavy accent) He kept calling me sending western union drop sites for money and a flight itenerary from KLM airlines for 7200.00. He called my phone for 12 hours straight every 30 minutes until I answered and said I called the police. I filled abuse with Seniorpeolemeet and they never answered me. Go on line you will see all the entries of the same complaints from this web site. If you are a senior do not enter this web site. Dana

andeet
9/13/10

I am a women and thought I would find a gentleman friend on the site, but there are nothing but losers -

barbaral1
4/5/10

In the beginning every thing looked legit....then I received a few flirts and I would reply to them..then would never get an answer..I sent an email and complained. after that I started getting flirts from supposedly men in other states and their info was typed and spelled like a first grader...I think it is coming from India or a similar place now. There is NO telephone # and I had a hard time trying to find an email addy to contact them...which is by the way... <contact@seniorpeoplemeet.com> This is a scam !!

cjh
1/15/10

Not sure yet

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Just stick with commercial sites like eharmony and then ask for people within your age range. These niche dating sites just don't have enough users to be worthwhile. Good thing you pointed this out to people and hopefully others will read this and stay clear of this site
4/7/10
Answer
karenp42
A: I'm not familiar with eHarmony; I'm on POF (plenty of fish); seniorpeoplemeeet.com, and match.com (I dislike match.com and when my current 'membership' expires; I'm definitely not renewing; they do not want us 'customers' to contact them & make it very difficult for us to do so. I just go on the internet and find them thru that . . .POF is probably the best; they tend to be reasonably priced; make it easy to contact them, etc. SeniorPeopleMeet.com I would not recommend either; they make it extremely difficult to get in contact with them (on purpose, no doubt!).
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I am a payed up member but can't get on the site?
2 weeks ago
Answer
karenp42
A: when you cannot get on a site you need to go on the net, find them, and ask for customer service. I've found several phone numbers that way . . .Karen
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

SeniorPeopleMeet?