US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bn19

My credit card will be cancel before the renewal date. (in 9 reviews)

katet19

Many, many of the men's profiles are identical, word for word, copied and pasted obviously- but by whom? (in 43 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

helend35
5/23/16

My dear husband sadly passed away last year after suffering from a serious illness and its fair to say that Ive been in something of a rut ever since. My son purchased me a one month subscription on Love Begins At as a joke, I suppose, but also as a way of showing me that there are ways and means to meet new people. I enjoyed trying the site even though its not really love im looking for I dont think, as im still a bit raw, but I enjoyed the experience of speaking with people and have since purchased a six month subscription on PrimeTimeLove.com and even met a couple of gentlemen over the course of the past few weeks from that website. At 61 im hardly looking to sit in the back row of the cinema with someone, but its nice to share things and have that companionship and connection, which I feel is essential for all human beings. My son is delighted for me and im certainly enjoying finding new friends.

nathanl37
5/18/16

Phony as a $3 bill!

macm40
5/12/16

I joined site and found in two days 20 female profiles that were not active yet they still show them so and even show them viewing you.On two occasions they even have conversations with you as that person.Be sure and get out of auto pay and get off site ...they are making a fool of you and charging you for it.

johna503
4/25/16

Im looking for true love so it always made sense to me to join a site where I can make friends with ladies around my own age and have that instant camaraderie where you have things in common and similar backgrounds. The two sites that I had heard and read the most positives about were this one and one called Primetimelove.com. I decided Id give both a shot, starting here and will try primetimelove.com next month. After I got divorced a few of the guys at work said I should try the fun dating sites and find a nice young thing to look after me! But I know im too long in the tooth for that stuff and want something serious. So far, its just a couple of weeks in but I am enjoying the experience. Im not getting many responses so maybe ill fare better on the other site next month, but I do like searching and reading the interesting profiles. All in all, I think im going to enjoy my online dating experiment!

louised33
4/23/16

THIS SIGHT IS A RIP OFF. WHILE I WAS A MEMBER, I RECEIVED FALSE MESSAGES FROM MEN WHO WERE NOT ACTIVE MEMBERS. WHEN I RESPONDED TO THE MESSAGES, I WOULD GET A MESSAGE STATING THE MEMBER WAS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THIS SIGHT SEND FALSE MESSAGES, FALSE FLIRTS. I FEEL THE SIGHT SEND FALSE MESSAGES TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN YOU. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT.

Tip for consumers: THIS SIGHT IS A FALSE REPRESENTATON FOR A DATING SIGHT. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT.

janiced19
4/14/16

This Site is a scam, I paid for one month subscription and haven't heard from them but they sure took my money. Any email I send them comes back to me saying it couldn't be delivered/. Don't waste your money here

kathyc81
4/14/16

Stupidly fell for the 1/2 price 6 month membership. Fake flirts, fake profiles, same matches every day of the week. Most men (if the profile is actually real) have the free membership and can't respond to email. Picked out a fake profile every day of the week for the first 10 days of the membership. Have no faith in meeting anyone normal on that site.

ronalda24
4/1/16

Im really enjoying using SeniorPeopleMeet and think it would be hard to have a better experience. Ive heard some of the other ladies in my book club talking about PrimeTimeLove.com, but I really dont see me trying other sites anytime soon as im happy enough. There are lots of true gentlemen that have a lot in common with me and its nice to talk to them, whether over messages or in person (ive met three so far and can honestly say I think ill stay friends with all of them). If things keep going this way I may not need to pay for a dating service subscription for much longer! A very positive experience indeed.

susant79
3/29/16

Joined at one month. They charged for 3. Cannot log on. They do not respond to email and they do not have a customer service number. Not acceptable! I am canceling charge with my bank now.

jayd206
3/27/16

Term and Termination.

a.This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or are a Member.
b.You may cancel your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the cancel pages on your Account Status page. You may cancel your subscription at any time online by clicking through My Account and then clicking on Account Status History and following the directions on that page. You may also cancel your membership by sending the Company written notice of cancellation to People Media, P.O. Box 12627, Dallas, TX 75225 or email notice of cancellation to Customer Care. If you cancel your membership via the Website, we may ask you to provide a reason for your cancellation. If you cancel your membership and you are a subscriber, your subscription will also be cancelled in accordance with the terms set forth herein. If you cancel your subscription, the Company requires a reasonable amount of time to process the action. If you cancel a subscription, you will enjoy subscription benefits until the end of your then-current subscription commitment, following which your subscription benefits will expire. However, in no event, will you be eligible for a refund of any portion of the subscription fees paid for the then-current subscription commitment. If you paid for your subscription using a multi-payment option, you must make all payments even if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of your then existing subscription commitment period.
c.Canceling a subscription does not automatically cancel your membership. If you are a subscriber and you cancel your subscription but not your membership, unless you elect to delete or hide your profile you will continue to be a Member in the Service and others may view your profile. If you hide your membership, your profile will be hidden and other Members will not be able to view your profile until you reactivate your membership. If you delete your membership, your profile will be removed and other Members will not be able to view your profile and you will not be able to reactivate your membership. Members can hide or delete their profile at any time by following the instructions contained on the My Account page on the Website.

catm11
3/6/16

Among the worst sites I've ever seen!!!! Immediate scam is the "free" trial, after only 15 minutes they charge you $100+ for 6 months worth of time; then their supposed cancellation links either aren't where they say they are-or don't work. You have to give your credit card to get the "free" time - should have been my definite red flag. Then, even though I'd not even filled out a profile, somebody (probably an automated "bot" flirted with me; plus 5 men were immediately in my queue as interested in me. Utterly ridiculous. There's more about getting your money back below - but stay away! They are all about taking your funds and not about any actual kind of service. Here's how hard it is to disentangle yourself......if you delete your profile, it still doesn't cancel the fees they charge. And even if you also delete their automatically installed "auto charge renewal", that still doesn't get you a refund. Then you have to dig into their Terms & Conditions and find out the only way to get a refund is to snail mail their offices. Or send an email request. Then you send the email request and get a canned "help desk" response - still nothing about refund and cancellation! Thank heavens I used PayPal. I was able to freeze the transfer before they got my money, but it still took 10-15 days to get it back into my accounts.

Tip for consumers: Truly fraudulent site. No service; only ways for them to take money from you.

normanb31
2/15/16

I've been using few dating sites for people in their 50+ in parallel and despite seniorpeoplemeet didn't help me to find my soulmate (unlike primetimelove.com, which did), I have had quite a few very nice conversations with the ladies using the site. I'm not a stupid kind of guy to be fooled, so I was careful in my choice. You guys who complain a lot, try to think of the dating sites like of real life: definitely not easy, expensive sometimes and lots of wrong personalities on your way. But if you're determined enough, you'll finally get lucky. Don't give up and keep positive attitude to your lifes!

philipj19
2/11/16

I'm 63 y.o., 2 children, 5 grandchildren, divorced and looking for a partner in life. I had no luck with this site, mostly because of lack of ladies from my town, but I found another site I'm more happy with: primetimelove.com.
I don't say SeniorPeopleMeet is bad, it's just no luck for me.

hh25
2/5/16

I have been on the site for 3 years. In November I stopped getting email notices for new messages. I have tried to get help but no one will help. I've tried 3 different email providers and 3 different browsers and still am not getting email notices like I did for the first 3 years. Tech support says it is my problem not theirs.

kenb75
2/2/16

Probably the second best site after PrimeTimeLove.com

miken78
1/30/16

Total scam. Save your money. Computer generated profiles and people.

karent63
1/28/16

I am not going to waste much of my time explaining how horrible this website is. It is completely unstable, unreliable and everytime I go online my virus scanner tells me to exit this site immediately. I have had many scammers trying to get my info. It is NOT SAFE. DO NOT BECOME A MEMBER. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. I am reporting them to the BBB to hopefully have their site removed.!!!! RIP OFF and SCAMMERS and UNRELIABLE...and LIARS. I signed up for one month and they charged me for 3.

lindaw130
1/20/16

I used to have my profile on major senior dating sites: PrimeTimeLove, SeniorPeopleMeet and OurTime, but the site I met my partner at was PrimeTimeLove.

But SeniorPeopleMeet seemed to be ok for me.

angelm64
1/17/16

Such a SCAM. it tells you it's free. You set up your profile. You even upload a public picture and location. You get messages. and THEN they tell you that you have to PAY to see your messages. That's messed up. Look at all the bad reviews against ONE good review. It's not worth your time, money, and aggravation!

hansa19
1/15/16

They've deleted my profile numerous times, reinstating only after I complain.The last time was after i did a minor edit, saying "Happy Holidays." That triggered the delete.They don't offer to extend the subscription for the time that your profile isn't up either. Basically taking money out of your pocket for nothing.

mickm17
1/8/16

The worse dating site ever, far too many pop ups for upselling, website is slow because of the pop ups, they overcharge to keep your membership another month its suppose to be 14.99 but you'll find a charge for 19.99 on your credit card, they don't respond to emails about the over charge. They're far better dating sites that are free...save your money...

brandim11
1/7/16

Why was the ability to contact SeniorPeopleMeet made difficult to impossible, for people to find. Nothing user / member friendly about conducting business that way.

I phoned the number given on my card statement and it was not a valid number. This leads me to believe the negative reviews, in reflection of my own experiences on the site.

Though I agreed to try it out for a month, my card was charged for 6 months last October and it is only now that I've found any information about this site, that will be given to those who are investigating this scam.

Yes it is possible to meet someone within your locality you connect with, though my 2 meets were bad experiences. Sure the one was married or in a committed relationship, with how he responded to questions over coffee. Asked if I ever seen him out and about with another woman, not to acknowledge that he had ever met me, but if I wanted to make plans for something, to call him in morning. Did once but he had plans, then the message came that he wanted to pursue a special interest. Totally convenient, as he knew I would not tolerate being with a cheat.

Found site a waste of time and to even think that another clown I engaged with in correspondence is probably some twit kid sitting behind the screen and having their laugh.

robint30
1/2/16

I paid with a credit card for one month only. They say I signed up for repeat billing. If I did, I was completely unaware of it. The one month only cost was $33.95. I planned on not renewing and thought it would expire on the 1st. On the 1st, I was sent an e-mail saying they took out of my account payment for that month for $29.96. They stated they posted on all communication that if paying by credit card, I authorized them for repeat billing.

I find this fraudulent. They also sent me e-mails saying I had flirts. I would log in and there were no flirts, what gives??? In my profile, I did not want to meet men more than 75 miles away. Yet they sent me suggestions for men out of state, over 100 miles away, what gives??? Wasted my time and took my money.

I want to add that they did refund the $29.96 as a one time courtesy refund. I had already filed a complaint with PayPal who found in my favor as there was no where on the receipt saying there would be a recurring payment. Very frustrating.

kathleenm53
1/1/16

Senior people meet should be renamed Senior people meet sex partners . Here is who I "met" so far. 1.) guy who I located through Google as being on an adult friend finder looking for kinky sex. Profile on SPM was completely fake. After I blocked him he came right back on site with new picture and profile!! 2.) guy who changed his profile right after I met him--was it hacked into?3.) guy who basically asked for sex after about 5 minutes of online chatting4.) guy who wanted my email and I foolishly gave it to him only to begin receiving strange messages from people I did not know. I have since heard from two guys but due to past experiences I am afraid to even message them back. since no refunds can be given will have to ride it out. Never again!! . Also, they erased my profile for no reason and I had to write all that stuff in again.

timothyh24
12/27/15

when i joined ,i specifically asked for white caucasian women.is that what i got? NO!!!!
i recieved matches for afro american,asian hispanic ect. i complained and the c/s told me to terminate my non refundible membership. WHAT A SCAM!!!

shard8
12/22/15

When I try to join I enter my e-mail address and password....I have a Username. When I enter my user name it says the e-mail address is incorrect. There is a glitch in the system that they are not fixing. I worked on a computer for over 30 yrs. I know the difference between user name and e-mail address. It is a shame. It almost seems like a hoax that perhaps should be reported Consumer Reports.

chrise36
12/10/15

I've written several messages to various women and have found that there is no way one could get to meet them. What are you supposed to do, send an e mail or phone?
I'm beginning to realize that this site is like all the others.......a complete waste of money.
Why doesn't the Government do something to regulate these sharks who take advantage od vulnerable people who are looking for a relationship and happiness.

rogerk23
12/7/15

I pay, they say a woman has responded, they now don't recognize me as a member and want money again in order to message back to the woman.

bonnieg25
11/19/15

He was on Our Time. I was on seniors meet. After years on the free sites it only took a couple weeks on this paid site to meet my mate. We have been together over three years now. I would say, "give it a try". If your future love is on this site you will find out fast. Don't plan on staying on it for months. One should do the trick. Good luck.

ct56
11/3/15

I would give this site no stars if I could. I had received a few messages and I was skeptical about paying to view them. Then, when I did, I got a couple of rude replies from men who must be sitting at their computers waiting for women to answer. I was on for two days and then cancelled and lost the 1 month subscription money I paid. And, can someone please tell me why these guys need your email address after one email reply? It's pretty creepy to me. Save your money and stay away.

Updated 11/9/15 --
Just got an email from SeniorPeopleMeet.com, stating that I have 5 new messages, and 12 new flirts. Interesting, since I cancelled my account a week ago. I have email from them go directly into my spam folder because I don't really want anymore communication with them. I also got a security warning telling me that the site, if opened, could compromise any personal information that I have stored on my laptop. This website is a total scam.

emilyc61
10/26/15

First it will state join free. I expected to pay some kind of membership fee. I agreed to a one month membership for $22. a fee of .99. Shows up on my cc. I emailed the company, I received no response but see only one .99 fee on my statement, also I made sure not to continue my membership. The usual search and communication occurs, then after two weeks you're unable to read your messages without the upgrade packages that will expire in 3hours and 7 minutes. So on and so on. Hook, line but don't be a sinker

ralphc25
10/20/15

Granted I have only been on the site for about a year. But I have met a few women and it all seemed quite OK to me. I agree with a few of the other reviews, often I will contact someone who sent me a "flirt" or said they were interested only to find out that they had not written me, But to be honest I don't think that is a bug I think it is a feature. People look at your profile and you know. I respond I would say 90% of the time I don't get answers. But I don't think it is the sites fault.

bobs178
9/25/15

No site should behave as this one does. It's all bogosity.

For one thing, the active scammers you flirt with you, then want your email or phone#, what's that all about. SeniorPeopleFinder should be rooting those clowns out and keeping them off. I suspect the reason they don't is they make money off them. Those people know who the real people are.

How about a class action suit? Stop being sheep and fight back!

I shouldn't be required to give them any stars, you should have a black hole choice.

judithv3
9/24/15

why are you changing messages or not sending them ??? I WOULD TOUT THE SITE,BUT THE GENTLEMAN I HAVE HAD INTERESTED IN ME MUST BE A GHOST!!?? LUNCH ? NO ANSWER IF YOU UNITED SOMEONE YOU HAVEN'T LOST.I AM SURE FREE ADVERTISEMENT IS WORTHA LOT.JUST READ A LOT OF BAD REVIEWS .ALL OF THEM ABOUT THE SITE BEING A $$$$$ GAME !!!!!

beverlyp17
9/8/15

I will just say be prepared to pay to utilize this site. Nothing is free about it. Poor customer service. I'm not even sure there is customer service. Might just be auto responder emails. Not a good way to meet people. You're better off going to church, the grocery store, local community center events. Save you money for better things.

as2601
8/25/15

SeniorPeopleMeet makes it hard to get in touch with them. When you make a complaint they send you a form letter telling you what you 'should' do to handle it but they will not respond with any help With your problem at all
HERE'S THEIR PHONE # . . . . 888) 892-2065 . . . . if you want to try to talk to them . . . GOOD LUCK!

lindar78
8/25/15

is anyone else having problems getting their photos uploaded? I could not get my photo uploaded and it is an easy process. they did not respond to my email requests for help. Linda R

michelep15
8/21/15

They charge money to get any messages from anyone although it says join for free.

johnt233
8/15/15

Sign up to the site and you will receive dozens of emails that someone has messaged you or singled you out. Once you pay for a subscription to access these messages, you will discover that they either don't exist or are fake. In some cases you will even be solicited for money.
The site won't post pictures until they're approved, so surely they can weed out obvious fake profiles; they either don't want to or are generating these ads and replies themselves. You will get so many fake email and responses it borders on harassment. I've received around 20 per hour at times.
This site should be shut down, it's garbage.

rickr37
8/5/15

Read the reviews on this site before giving away one dollar. Once you give that dollar, You'll have that sinking "this is a scam" feeling. And you know you know bettet. You'll soon discover that "match" person doesn't exist
Just someone at a computer typing out those come along lines flirting with you. These reviews here are correct. D9n' go or spend one dollar.

edwardk30
7/28/15

Bunch of lowlife that run site, now, they got bunch popups

Tip for consumers: dont pay the amount of money , they take your card and cant and wont give your money back

joec115
7/24/15

Based on what I see, it is a total rip off. They "list" you and provide you with computer generated likes and emails. The subject line of the message are so similar if not exact, it is definitely a FRAUD.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

kk85
7/23/15

These 2 dating sites are owned by People Media along with several others. Even if you cancel or non-renew your subscription they try to debit your credit card anyway. They also sell/provide porn sites with your email address then deny it when you confront them. DON'T sign up for any of these sites.

ritab26
7/13/15

I totally agree with James W.- this site is ABSOLUTELY NOT what it used to be. I am also a member for quite some time, but will not be renewing. Profiles keep 'disappearing'... mine AND others, as well as inability to access my OWN account. The response to my continuous inquiries is unsatisfactory, and problems are just NOT being fixed.
It is now Aug. 4- almost a month later- and after submitting multiple complaints to their 'Customer Service'..... my profile still continues to disappear/ reappear completely for no known reason...sometimes for a day or two at a time. Today, I signed on to find my total composed profile has disappeared with only the photo still online- no change from what it's been for a lengthy time (ie within their so called guidelines), no reason given. ALL of my paragraphs of description have suddenly disappeared. (describing yourself, etc., can take considerable time and effort!! I won't be renewing my membership- and clearly their 'customer service' couldn't care any less!

Tip for consumers: My tip is.... until they get this website operating properly....DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

jimd71
7/13/15

I paid using VISA card. Account has been charged. BUT, when I click on messages or use a VIEW option the site takes me to the SIGN up page / renewal page. It is not working right. We need to FIX it or I'll notify VISA of a reversal for lack of service, HELP!

jamesw193
7/12/15

My paid membership ends next week. I have been a member for quite some time. It used to be pretty good. Now it is all about the view count. My daily matches are usually people who have not been on the site for quite a while or are over 10 years younger than me. Also don't think they adhere to the 50 year old limit since the merger with Our Time. "Who Do You Like" automatically sends out 2 views when you sign on. I have a view count over 150+ on some people whose profiles I have never viewed. Be careful where you rest your mouse.

Profile censorship borders on illegal. I tried to mention that my membership was expiring on 7/18/15 on my profile. Guess what got removed and never posted.

Suser50

janicec21
7/11/15

I am disappointed in this site to say the least. People who "viewed" my profile absolutely DID NOT view it at all. The matches I get each day do not reflect the criteria I selected. I have twice received matches that are FEMALE when I am clearly signed up as a FEMALE SEEKING MALE. That is appalling. $30 was charged to my card and I did not authorize it to my knowledge. I would NEVER pay $30 for one month especially when the service I am getting is Nothing like what I was told to expect. I am requesting a refund and personal contact from SeniorPeopleMeet.

judys34
7/9/15

In the beginning I received all kinds of flirts and messages. A week into it now and I get nothing. What I did get was dirty old men, who got blocked. I am going to cancel before they get anymore money out of me.

judys33
6/23/15

This site sucks you in with a free month. Gets your credit card info and then automatically renews you without your permission. Never sends you a renewal notice nor do they send you an email telling you that it was renewed. I went in and turned off the automatic renewal and they re-upped it anyway saying I had clicked on something that turned off the automatic renewal! Sneaky and deceptive. Plus the site is very non user friendly with all kinds of pop ups . It wasn't' that way when I started using it. They said they would refund my fee. We'll see?

Tip for consumers: Be very careful when you sign up. Once they have your credit card you are stuck with them. The only way I found a contact was on my credit card statement that had their phone number !

henryd29
6/23/15

After signing up as a free member I got a 25% off offer. After charging to my Paypal I realize that the amount did not jive, they had tacked on a one time $3.99 processing fee hidden in small print on the second page of signup form. I complained and got full refund but it just seems if they are deceptive there, no doubt elsewhere. I like OKcupid much better. No and deceptions there and I've actually met real people!

Tip for consumers: Read the small print!

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question