US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

emilyc

Things are brand new, packaged well, shipping is quick, customer service is great. (in 35 reviews)

lesleys5

I don't like paying for the shipping, but they lump your whole order into one. (in 66 reviews)

stefb1

After trying out other flash sale sites, I'll continue to rely on Rue. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

veronicap5
7/5/15

I love rue la la but I ordered a pair of boots that we defective. I'm a 8.5 I ordered a 9 my feet couldn't get into the boot then I ordered a 10.5 my feet still couldn't fit I paid for shipping and the return. I returned both pairs and lost money. No apologies or refunded shipping.

jacquelineb12
7/1/15

I ordered 4 items. 2 of them are seriously fake! A "Bulova" watch and "AG" Jeggings... I happen to have REAL versions of each (the leggings are legit the exact same style) and the ones they sent me are clearly fake. The other two items may or may not be real so I won't comment on them. So disappointed.

wendyg24
6/29/15

Received a swim suite with loose seam and a large hole on it. Can't believe it.

teria2
5/12/15

I spent over 4,000.00 in 4 months, most merchandise had been worn, or should not have passed quality control. I returned these items. They required photos, in fact one item shipped with two left shoes. When I went on line to complain on Facebook an yelp, I was summarily blocked from buying anymore. Don't waste your time, what seems like a good deal can be found much cheaper somewhere else. I complained to BBB and Rue La La
responded with form letter. Complain to BBB about Rue La La, hold the company responsible.

jackieb28
5/11/15

My daughter put several items in her shopping cart with the intention of weeding the items out later to purchase a few. Rue La La shipped out 22 items worth over 2 thousand dollars that she never finalized as a sale. My debit card was charged for this. They have been terrible in straightening out this situation. Over a month later I am still waiting for over $500. There is some fraud involved here as the sale was completed at a time that was impossible for us to have made a purchase. Does rue la la need sales and therefore are taking advantage of people with cc on file by charging items in their cart without authorization? I am furious at the lack of urgency in helping a customer. BEWARE OF THIS SITE!!!!!

fayew2
4/24/15

I purchased a Gucci handbag from Rue La La. When I questioned clue authenticity of the item, customer service offered me no help whatsoever. You cannot guarantee the authenticity of your items and sell counterfeit goods. It's not right. I am out $800 and Rue La La does not care. Buyer Beware!

martam7
4/17/15

Everything I have purchased is either badly miss sized or is not first quality. I purchased a plus size swimsuit and bought my usual size and it looks like a size 8 or 10. I just opened a ring box and the ring has an obvious flaw in the tiger eye...looks like a knife mark down the side. Shipping takes forever. Other items I ordered were canceled after 6 weeks.

kevind49
4/1/15

This company has HORRIBLE customer service. I wrote to them two weeks ago to inform them the Cole Haan shoes I bought had a problem and were clearly defective. I asked if I could send them back or should I have them repaired. At first they suggested I have them repaired locally and they offered $20 towards the repair. I was quite honestly stunned! I guess I am used to Zappos who would have immediately shipped out a new pair and asked me to return the defective pair when I could. I questioned them and they then said they needed to "investigate" further (????). Subsequently I received a follow up,email approximately 4 days later requesting I send pictures of the defect. I did so immediately. I received a follow up email from someone in Customer Service explaining the person who had requested the pictures was away but they would be sure to get the pictures to him. It is now 4 days later again. Still no follow up. I've asked for the contact info of the person in charge of Customer Service. I do not anticipate anyone in his company doing the right thing but I do want to let them know I will do all I can to ensure people know how poorly they treat their customers. This is whi love Zappos. their responsiveness to customers is unparalleled and doing business with a company like Rue LaLa reminds me of how good Zappos is, and how bad these others can be.

Tip for consumers: Check out Zappos first...second... And third. Only buy from this place if you absolutely have no other options

cm77
3/17/15

STAY AWAY! If I could give them No Stars I would. I have had the most horrible experiences with the people running this 'business'. Buyer beware. Shopping online is suppose to be easy and a time saver. Apparently those are not the tenants that Rue La La aspires to deliver. I have had multiple issues with them either sending me the wrong stuff, not sending me things--but charging me anyways and finally this last instant which is totally reprehensible, this site is a scam...About 5-6 weeks ago I ordered 3 jackets, all the same except in different colors...I get an email stating the black jacket is on its way a few days later an Amber jacket arrives--I notify shipping to tell them to make sure they adjust the order so I don't get the same color jacket twice, you would think this would be fairly straight forward right? Well, you would be wrong. A couple days later the next jacket arrives, it is suppose to be brown, a black jacket shows up...no big deal really since I ordered these coats in all the colors...the problem was that no one was ever talking to the shipping department, this mix up was all being made because someone can't tell the difference between colors...trust me, I ordered a beige color block sweater once and they sent me a black sweater--this happens all the time, even though the customer service people tell you this is not the normal, yea right. So after many, many emails suggesting they contact shipping, change the color in my order to reflect the color I still need and then telling them NOT to send me ANOTHER amber jacket or charge my credit card for such, I get an email from them saying 'GOOD NEWS, we found you an AMBER jacket'!! What?? I don't want an AMBER jacket, I email them yet AGAIN and by the way, with this one issue, I have been emailed back by ERIN K., HOLLY S., HARMONY K., SUZANNE L., STEPHANIE C., JENNY D., KAYLA L., DOROTHY P., NATE J....ALL OF THESE PEOPLE TO ADDRESS CHANGING THE COLOR OF JACKET IN AN ORDER THAT THEY SCREWED UP MULTIPLE TIMES AND GUESS WHAT? Not one person fixed it...there is no continuity and no responsibility. I eventually get an email saying that the jacket, AMBER, not BROWN like it had been addressed multiple times was on the way. I never gave them permission to charge my credit card for $249 for this jacket and in fact told them not to and they did it anyway. I suggested they stop shipment on this package that I never authorized and I was told that I would be LIABLE for the merchandise--even though they could not tell me for sure what was in the box they were sending...and of course what arrived was what I did not want, have an email trail a mile long detailing that I did not want nor approved charges for and they did it anyways...and threatened me with being liable for their mistakes. The company is horrible. I was told a supervisor would be contacting me in a day or two and guess what, never happened, never heard from anyone either through phone or email. Being a Rue La La member basically means your time will be wasted, you will be threatened and they will shirk responsibility for their lack of service. Why bother with such treatment when there are so many better websites, Gilt, HauteLook, 6pm to name a few...all have provided appropriate service and delivered items in a timely fashion. Look elsewhere people, Rue La La is the worst.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT shop here, go elsewhere like Gilt, Hautelook, 6pm...anywhere else.

mayt13
3/12/15

RueLaLa, I am very disappointed in your idea of customer service. I believe it is illegal for a company to falsely advertise their "100% authentic" goods on their website, and send their customers clearly fake items. Further, when said consumer writes to customer service and receives a reply saying the item cannot be returned with very questionable excuses, it makes you lose that customer and all her friends (and her friends' friends). I will not stand to be treated this way. You have disrespected the designer, the brand, and me. You should reimburse your customers when they have clear evidence against your "authenticity". I will be spreading the word about your website until I am heard.

karenx5
2/28/15

I've shopped in Rue La La for more than 2 years, and to be honest I'm pretty satisfied with it. Their customer service is pretty responsive and good, an example would be there was one time I made an order, but soon found out the size is wrong, I tried to contact the customer service and cancel the order, and they replied within 5 minutes and helped cancel the order without charging my card! However I've never purchased any expensive items except for a Ferragamo bag for my mom. Super good quality. I'd say I'll try not to purchase "big" item from it just to be more cautious in the future, considering all the comments I've seen about it here.

susiev1
2/25/15

I have ordered from them several times but have received the wrong item. I have also ordered items, received a confirmation only to get an email 3 weeks later that the item I ordered is not available. I will not use them anymore. Tired of the disappointment

steveh101
2/23/15

Ordered 4 sets of Ricci flatware for over $400. Shipment came with items that did not match my order at all. They refused to send correct items and are holding my money for the return of the wrong items. No offers to make things right or credit my card pending correction an d return of the wrong merchandise. Blamed the vendor partner "Ricci". No offer of discount or anything for my trouble. Bad service.....stay away!!!

Tip for consumers: No guarantees you will get what you ordered because they let their vendors ship what they want!

debin
2/12/15

Love all of there product lines and prices. Wonderful customer service!

mariac55
1/29/15

I bought a Serena and Lily tray from Rulala and when it arrived it was enormous. I paid $139.99 for it and found it on the Serena and Lily website for $49.99. I tried to exchange it for the smaller size or just get a full refund so I could buy it from the original place it came from for 75% less. No dice. No working with you, no real customer service. Rulala is a total rip off.

horwitzl
1/28/15

Started shopping on this site since the first day they've opened, and so far so good. Their deals are not as good as they used to be, but they are reliable in quality and delivery, so no complains from me. :)

michellew54
1/24/15

RUELALA SOLD ME A FAKE VALENTINO BAG!!!

I PURCHASED THIS VALENTINO ROCKSTUD BAG AND TO MY SURPRISE WHEN I RECEIVED IT I QUESTIONED THE AUTHENTICITY BECAUSE IT HAVE TWO MANY ZIPPERS ON IT. I'M AN EXPERT ON THESE BAGS BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK WITH VALENTINE AND SURE ENOUGH THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BAG IN THERE ENTIRE COLLECTION IN LAST 5 YEARS.... BUYER BEWARE

Tip for consumers: FAKE BAGS FROM A COMPANY ADVERTISING THEM AS AUTHENTIC??? SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

jeanneh4
1/18/15

I have been a regular and loyal customer of Rue La La for many years and find their customer service to be top notch; they even took an expensive jacket back when it was not supposed to be returned as it was a close out item--I explained that it did not look at all to be consistent with the quality of this designer and therefore, I was terribly disappointed; they took it back. I routinely order work clothes (ie Tahari suits, Calvin Klein dresses etc) on line and when they are in the Final Closeout sales, they are less expensive than a great sale at Macys! Have also bought jeans, cosabella bras and cute laundry shelli segal dresses too and have been very happy with them

silvanas4
1/13/15

I ordered a dress from Rue La La and I wanted to return, because
It didn't fit. They would not take it back. I will never buy from a this company
again.

carolb62
1/9/15

I love Rue La La! I've never had problems! I've been a frequent customer for years.

juliee6
1/4/15

I used to be a loyal customer. Goodbye rue la la! I ordered an item on December 27. They take your payment immediately then forget about you. I was told I would receive my order ion 5 days and it didn't ship until 3 days later. It is now in fed ex never land. Twice it has been in facilities within 5 miles of my house, but it is currently in a warehouse in Wisconsin. I ordered boots 4 days ago and was now told they should arrive by the 12th. I can send items regular mail to family in Alaska and it gets there faster. I will share this experience on Facebook. This site has gone way downhill and has lost a once loyal customer.

Tip for consumers: Stay away! My daughter needs this dress and I thought two weeks would be more than adequate. There are much better sites out there.

eves2
1/2/15

Absolutely horrible and disappointing Service . I have ordered couple of items that were supposed to be delivered by Christmas just to find out after the holidays that those never shipped as they were not in stock.

carynl2
12/22/14

I have shopped the Rue La La site occasionally over the last few years and have been satisfied with them. Recently, I purchased two shirts that were marked final sale. I had no problem with that as I knew the brand and my size. The shirts I received were different from the photos on the site as well as the description of the items.. I contacted customer service and after investigating they said nothing could be done since the SKU's matched my order. That may be so, but neither the photos nor descriptions did! As with most of their items this "shop" is now closed so I have no way to go back to the original photos/descriptions. I am very careful when purchasing final sale items on line so it's doubtful I would have made a mistake on two items. Au revoir, Rue La La
Update: after the exchange of several strong emails, Rue la la agreed to let me return the items. Will be sending them back today. As for my future purchases, after I use up the credit, we shall see...

Tip for consumers: If they have made an error, they will not make you "whole" again. Very disappointing after several years of being satisfied with their site.

wills48
12/15/14

Ordered product 12/3 was told I would have no later than 12/16 which is quite a long time, but now I'm being told they are not sure if I'll get it at all!!!!! How do you sell something you do not have?

Tip for consumers: Be careful if you need the product, this was my 1st experience and last also.....

carstenr
12/13/14

I placed an order last week (12/7). I recieved my items within 5 days. However, after I placed my order for an electric kettle I found the same model at Home depot for $10 less. I wrote them (I had not received the shipping confirmation yet) to cancel my order. I never heard back from them and recived the shipping tracking number 2 days later. Once i received the order I called for my return label just to find out that this was a final sale. There is absolutly no note of final sale on my order confirmation. Not sur why I would order there again if the same item can be found at any other store for less money with a very flexible return policy. They really need to do something about the return policy, price matching and customer service.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you read all the fine print and search the web for other retailers who might offer the same product at a lower price.

mayc30
12/12/14

I needed my orders by 12/15 for special reason. Two order placed on 12/2/2014 and as of 12/11/2014, shipping status says the orders have not been shipped.

USPS Priority Mail charges flat rate small box for $5.95 and guarantee shipping time of 2-3 days max. RLL charges me $9.99 for shipping and takes longer to ship. No sure how can anyone justify their expensive and slow shipping.

12/12 afternoon I finally got email confirmations regards that my items has been shipped but estimate delivery has been delay to 12/22! If they knew the promised shipping date is 12/15, they could ship the package next day or 2 day shipping. This has turn into a complete nightmare shopping experience. If I knew the items will take 20+ days to ship I would definitely buy something else. For special reason I need these by 12/15. If I get it after 12/15, I'll have to ship the items out and my family won't get them until after the New Years.

I'll never and ever shop at Rue again and I advice anyone to stay away from them.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company

reneah1
12/11/14

Horrible! I was supposed to have my order on or before 12/11. There site even says granted delivery. Well.....they told me they can not tell me if or when the item will be shipped. Whhaaatt? I'll be cancelling my order through paypal after reading this is normal for them. Unvelivble.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from them. You'll never get your item.

tomh99
12/11/14

Item ordered on 11/28/14, received email on same day confirming order and stating delivery to be "on or before" 12/11/14 and I'd receive a confirmation when "it leaves their hands". Called their 888 number today and they do not know when or if the product ordered will be shipped. They quoted some problem with their supplier. I have requested an email stating what our phone conversation was about, but have not received one as yet. Since I used PayPal for this purchase, I'll wait another few days and if nothing arrives, I'll contact PayPal for a refund.

UPDATE: 12/17/2014 Finally arrived - 6 days late! - 26 days since order placed. I wish I had reviewed this company first. I don't think they actually have inventory, they obtain what's requested and then ship it via slow boat.

Tip for consumers: Check the reviews first and then buyer beware!

dianae1
11/14/14

Too often (3/4 orders this month) rue la la confirms the order, takes a while to "process the shipment" and then sends me an email that they apologize, but the item is not available because there was some misunderstanding as to the inventory. I have only had this happen once with another shopping site, and they issued me a $25 credit, which rue la la does not. I guess if they did give $25 for every confirmed order that they actually did not ship, they would lose too much money since this happens more often than not (at least for me)! It's gotten to the point where I am not comfortable ordering from the site since I feel there is no guarantee I'll actually receive what I order.

camilles1
10/28/14

I recently had a terrible experience with Rue. I especially liked to shop their web site for children's clothes. I placed an order and planned to use the merchandise for my grandchildrens birthdays. Six weeks after placing order I still did not have clothing. When I called regarding the order, their concierge did not have a clue how long it would take for them to mail me my order. I am no longer using this web site. It is very unreliable. You cannot count on receiving their merchandise.

heathera13
10/14/14

HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS. I ordered a cape 10 days ago, then I received an email that it was 'no longer available'. They need to check their inventory before they sell things. I will never use them again.

Tip for consumers: If you MUST order from them, call and make sure the item is indeed available before you pay for it!!! Also shipping times are outrageous.

barba191
10/7/14

I think I'm done with RueLaLa. At first I was very excited about the items/prices they offer but after several returns (because the item took so long to ship that I missed being able to wear it for the intended event, or just didn't fit properly) I began to realize I was spending a lot of money paying their $10 shipping and $10 return that I could be using to purchase merchandise at my local Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, etc. when they are having a sale. I know I could save on the return shipping if I choose to opt for a "store" credit but then that money is tied up for who knows how long. Just isn't worth it.

elizabetha26
9/12/14

Great service. All items were as described and even better than expected. Timely shipping. I am definitely going to order again . Just wish there was more makeup sales and free shipping when you order a certain amount like 75 or 100 dollars would be nice. However overall would recommend.

vinnym3
9/9/14

So disappointed. Tried to make a purchase online, but the website locked up in Firefox. While I was on hold with customer service the item I wanted sold out even though I had it in my bag and was trying to buy it. Big ticket item, too.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Firefox.

joem113
9/5/14

I bought shoes. Which they couldn't delver and the only reason I bought a shirt is to reduce shipping cost. They delivered the shirt but not the shoes. They wanted to charge the shipping cost. I wanted them to reduce the shipping cost. The only reason I bought the shirt was the shoes. They kept referring to 10 dollars on next order. I wanted my shipping reduced now. Do not use these guys. Same ole same ole. Bad customer service

Tip for consumers: Do not use them. Their emails for customer service are so canned

andreah36
9/1/14

Buyers beware, I have purchased a dress from RueLaLa and since the dress was over $ 100 dollars I made sure before I made the purchase the item is returnable, but when I went to return the dress I was told that I could not return the dress. So disappointed with this company.

Tip for consumers: Buyers beware it might say the item is returnable when in fact they won't refund your purchase.

miriams
8/5/14

I ordered 1 item and was sent and charged for 2. Since this was "Final Sale" I have no chance of a return.

galr5
8/1/14

I ordered several items from Rue La La (ranging from Jimmy Choo bag to Villeroy & B cutlery set). Their service has always been great. The delivery is speedy. Packaging is great. Quality outstanding. I never had to return an item to them, so not sure how effective the return process is. I'm not suite sure why others give it less than 5 star.

paular13
7/21/14

Never again. I bought a vintage Chanel bag. They shipped via some absurd arangement where FedEx picks the package up from them but hands it off to the US Post office to be delivered. I'm in downtown Chicago and we get several fedEx and UPS deliveries a day, so there was no reason for this FedEx-USPS handoff. I used the same addres I always use which FedEx and UPS never have any trouble finding, but USPS could not deliver the package. I went to the post office to try to find the package, but they looked for it and said they did not have it. (Really bizarre to think that the "convenience" of on-line shopping involves having to walk tot he post offie.) I emailed RLL who said I had to wait 10 days. On day 11, I emailed RLL and was told I had to wait 15 days. No one who answers my emails ever knows what's happened in the past. They keep telling me that they'll refund my payment but it hasn't happened yet, and anyway I wanted the bag. One of their reps told me that a high value item such as this should never have been shipped via the stupid FedEx-USPS arrangement. She was right. I will NEVER shop RLL again.

markm138
7/14/14

I'm a regular customer for years. I've spent many thousands of dollars and have generally been very satisfied. However, my last purchase, a $600 rug bears little resemblance to the color of the rug displayed on the site. So far they've refused to allow a return on this "final sale" item, sending an explanation that "colors vary" from time to time. Bull. I thought I ordered a burgundy rug and I get one that's violet. I couldn't possibly use it. Perhaps they'll come through and preserve this once-great customer.

aprilm9
6/22/14

They sell COUNTERFIET Designer Bags...Buyers Beware!!!! I bought a Louis Vuitton Damier Neverfull....They guaranteed that it was authentic however it was not...I have called, emailed and sent them pictures. They are not giving me a refund and continue to say it is 100% authentic? I have filed a consumer complaint against them via BBB and the FBI internet fraud dept. I am disputing with my bank as well. SHAME ON RUE LA LA!!!! I wish there was a way to rate them with a NEGATIVE star~

keishaw1
5/15/14

Never order from them, I placed an order on May 5th, it's May 15 and nobody knows where my package is!! I called customer service all they can say is "wait a few more days" when I ordered it said delivered by May 12th; it's the 15 going on the 16 & they don't even know the location of my package! I want a refund they can keep their items!

cdm1
5/13/14

I've ordered things from them before and all was ok. Recently I clicked on the email they sent and I can no longer login. I can only log in with a facebook account. I don't want to share my facebook experience with RueLaLa. So I guess I won't be shopping there anymore.

vickib10
5/10/14

I was a regular customer, shopped the site almost everyday. I like nice things, and this site has great events. But unlike other sites, for example Hautelook, their customer service is incredibly poor. Every time you contact them, it is the same old story, Sorry you were disappointed, but we can't help you. No consideration is given to the customer, and they certainly are not concerned about customer satisfaction. It really doesn't seem to matter what your problem is they are not going to help you out. Use caution shopping this site, because they won't provide any support if there is a problem.

margieo1
5/4/14

I have ordered from ruelala - 14 times. Every order has been great - wonderful prices and excellent delivery. I do order items that i have knowledge about - the color, manufacturer and quality. One item, i did return due to the lesser quality - a mattress pad - and received a full credit plus the shipping since i had them hold the funds and reordered something else later. The Gottex swim suits at 35% of the price tag was a great deal - my husbands sun glasses at 30% of retail. So i was very surprised to find the negative comments. From a history of 14 orders over the year, I am VERY pleased with Ruelala and plan to continue shopping.

agathar1
4/21/14

Good site. Easy to order here. The process is also quick.

caroliner8
4/8/14

I will never do business with this company again! I placed an order with them, which was sent to the wrong address, and subsequently lost or stolen. They lied about being able to recover it, gave me the run-around, and refused to give me a refund. Stay away from Rue La La!

suzannew4
4/1/14

I have received items in the past from this site. I ordered two toys for my nieces birthday on 3/6 and they were supposed to be shipped before 3/27 (birthday is on 4/3). I saw an updated status on 3/27 looking like it was going to be shipped out. On 3/29 I saw no change- I spoke to Rue's concierge service and they refunded my shipping and said they would respond with an update from the company. On 3/31 (Monday) I didnt receive any updates so I called again and received a so called concierge that told me that per the notes they gave my shipping back and they will provide an update to me within 5-7 days (I was never told that initally). I said I was not intersted in the shipping but the actual product and was shocked that they were not following up with the company as I expected. After a lot of back and forth of the same answers from them I was put on hold and the rep came back on and magically had an answer that the company would be shipping the next day and the products should be received by 4/11 - well past the birthday. They showed no concern for the lack of commitment or service. They stated that there was nothing that they could do (couldnt expedite shipping due to late delivery etc). I suggest if you want a product- stick with Amazon over Rue- I should have and would have had the product within 2 days from ordering if I had ordered from them. They also have much better customer service.

virginiag2
3/18/14

I saw today an increidible deal for Pandora Jewelry, to good to be true, I called a few Pandora stores and they told me they DO NOT have sale items, they are not affiliated with RUE LA LA, the only specisl they carry is a free bracelet for every 100 dollar purchase, they have two outlet stores that carry discontinued charms that are for a more economical price.

sophias6
2/19/14

Rue La La is such a disappointment. First, the item I receive looks very different in color from the web picture. Second, when I try to return the item, they told me I couldn't. It's a final sale. I specifically looked for final sale mark when I purchased it. The return policy clearly said 30 days. That was why I made the purchase. The convenient thing for them is that they took off the web page after the sale ends, so there is no evidence what so ever. Straight up FRAUD. I will NEVER buy from them. I also suspect the authenticity of the products. Why wouldn't they let you return like normal stores if they are selling the real things!!!??? I hope they go out of business soon...