US Government's NSF
1st Review:
carolinel1

64 Reviews for RueLaLa

Review Highlights

I called into the customer service line and asked for a refund.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/8/14

I will never do business with this company again! I placed an order with them, which was sent to the wrong address, and subsequently lost or stolen. They lied about being able to recover it, gave me the run-around, and refused to give me a refund. Stay away from Rue La La!

4/1/14

I have received items in the past from this site. I ordered two toys for my nieces birthday on 3/6 and they were supposed to be shipped before 3/27 (birthday is on 4/3). I saw an updated status on 3/27 looking like it was going to be shipped out. On 3/29 I saw no change- I spoke to Rue's concierge service and they refunded my shipping and said they would respond with an update from the company. On 3/31 (Monday) I didnt receive any updates so I called again and received a so called concierge that told me that per the notes they gave my shipping back and they will provide an update to me within 5-7 days (I was never told that initally). I said I was not intersted in the shipping but the actual product and was shocked that they were not following up with the company as I expected. After a lot of back and forth of the same answers from them I was put on hold and the rep came back on and magically had an answer that the company would be shipping the next day and the products should be received by 4/11 - well past the birthday. They showed no concern for the lack of commitment or service. They stated that there was nothing that they could do (couldnt expedite shipping due to late delivery etc). I suggest if you want a product- stick with Amazon over Rue- I should have and would have had the product within 2 days from ordering if I had ordered from them. They also have much better customer service.

3/18/14

I saw today an increidible deal for Pandora Jewelry, to good to be true, I called a few Pandora stores and they told me they DO NOT have sale items, they are not affiliated with RUE LA LA, the only specisl they carry is a free bracelet for every 100 dollar purchase, they have two outlet stores that carry discontinued charms that are for a more economical price.

2/19/14

Rue La La is such a disappointment. First, the item I receive looks very different in color from the web picture. Second, when I try to return the item, they told me I couldn't. It's a final sale. I specifically looked for final sale mark when I purchased it. The return policy clearly said 30 days. That was why I made the purchase. The convenient thing for them is that they took off the web page after the sale ends, so there is no evidence what so ever. Straight up FRAUD. I will NEVER buy from them. I also suspect the authenticity of the products. Why wouldn't they let you return like normal stores if they are selling the real things!!!??? I hope they go out of business soon...

2/18/14

Rue la la has EXTREMELY slow shipping. Won't order from here again! It's been 3 weeks and still haven't received order.

2/15/14

I think Ruelala is selling fakes! Do not buy from this website!!! bad customers service and ALL SALES FINAL FOR THE FAKE BAGS THEY ARE SELLING!!!!!

1/26/14

I will never order from them again. 1. Towels had flaws. Credited $10 2. Received someones order, not mine. 3. Ordered gift leather jewelry box, and it smelled to high heaven, almost a cleaning fluid smell that no airing or kitty litter or Febreeze would ameliorate. No returns on it. 4. Very expensive shoes that I ordered first came too huge; second pair, too small. Thought I was Goldilocks. No return. 5. Gloves way too short in the fingers. No return. 6. Gave duvet set as a gift; recipient too polite to complain. I am out close to $300, so I will no longer do business with them again.

1/23/14

The quality of the merchandise I have ordered from Rue-LaLa has been fine. The shipping has been painfully slow. I'm convinced they are using the pony express. Ordered a suitcase that did not arrive until after I left for trip. I have ordered numerous items and have not received 1 in a reasonable time frame. I'm done with Rue LaLa

1/6/14

I browse more than buy, but all of my purchases have been fabulous! Some amazing deals on higher end items. Shipping is always quick. So far clothing has all fit well and been of good quality. I especially love the deals on BCBG, Free People, and Betsey Johnson items.

12/27/13

I will not go back to this website. My worst online shopping experience! So I ordered 2 items, they promised me that I can receive it by December 24. It didnt, and did not shipped after 3 processing days. Suddenly, they told me that one of the item has been cancelled. When I received the other item, it was in wrong size. I was asking if they can do anything for the whole inconvenience, all they do is refund my shipping only. I am extremely disappointed, I do not recommend and will not go back here!!!!

12/21/13

Very bad site. Items sold by site are usually more expensive then actual price on original sites when they have sales. Customer service was horrible. Only canned generic replies, they don't even read what you write. Sent 5 emails about a problematic shipment received 5 worded exactly they same from 5 different associate. Phone service is buggy and when it worked could get in touch with a real person. Probably the worst out of all the flash sale sites.

12/6/13

First of all, I ordered a pair of shoes from here. When they arrived they were defected! I chatted with some people manager online whom told me that they didn't have anymore in stock so I could either A) Pay to get it shipped to them and they would refund just the money I paid for the shoes. or B) Keep the shoes and they would give me a $10.00 gift card/credit. That was four months ago. I agreed for the $10.00 credit and STILL have not received it! Save yourself sometime & money from not shopping at this site.

11/21/13

Ruelala was one of the first flash sale sites that I ordered from on a regular basis (Gilt was my first). I remember being sent one of their VIP cards with my "own" personal concierge. I used to order a from them like crazy, but then started to notice that their great pricing was no longer that great. Then I noticed that some of their offerings under 'pre-owned' like Vintage Gucci and Hermes were actually knockoffs that I was very familiar with from Chinatown here in NYC. I did contact them when they offered a VERY fake Hermes silver plated cigarette holder/case with a lighter built in. How do I know it was fake? I used to see them all over Chinatown with every designer name etched in...just pick the name you wanted to carry. When I informed them that it was a fake they refused to acknowledge. I was letting them know as a good shopping samaritan, but I guess the profits won out because Linda's Closet still provides most their handbags and accessories for their 'vintage' sales.

I do ove them for finding those things that would be a pain finding elsewhere such as home goods. While I love going to the actual Home Goods (owned by Marshall's) for a great houseware bargain, RueLaLa is a great alternative for me when I want to pick out gifts, cookware, knick knacks, etc that don't need to be authenticated.

11/15/13

I have been a relatively happy Rue customer for some time now, but I will not shop there again. Two issued over the past week: First, I bought a $200 Judith Ripka ring in late August. The THIRD time I wore it I noticed a stone had fallen out. Rue's initial responses were "sorry, 30 day return policy." Given that the item is defective, I assumed they would do something. Back and forth all week and they want to offer me a nominal amount of $ to get it fixed. My guess is all the other stones will fall out eventually too, so I just want to return it. Happily I used Amex and am working with them on insurance/refund coverage. Second issue - and I have seen this on several comment sites - I am trying to return 2 items from the same shipment, and there is only the option to return 1 online. I have said that clearly in emails, and get the standard reply each time on where you can find return options on their site. STILL fighting that one after 5 days of back and forth. They used to be good - now they are horrible. There are better sites out there that I will continue to use, but I am done with Rue.

10/29/13

impossible to get a response from ANYONE from their company.50% of the time you get the wrong item delivered.From now on, I will only order from IDEELI, and HAUTELOOK.

10/20/13

I have been a Rue La La customer for a while now and never had a problem until today. I've wanted a Foley & Corrina bag for a long time now and Rue had one in a gorgeous nude color for a great price. I received it today and was utterly disgusted. It looks like 2 different bags stitched together. There are scratches, one side has smooth leather while the other side has pebbled, and it was obviously redyed because of imperfections as there are splotches of a lighter color all over it. For a retail price of $395 I was not happy. I called and the woman was very nice and told me I could return even though it said final sale, but an obviously damaged bag shouldn't have been sold in the first place. I got a fuschia one from Gilt as well and my decision of which one to keep got a lot easier when that showed up at my door. Not impressed at all and I probably won't shop again after that experience.

9/10/13

I have previously used RueLaLa with no complaints...until today. I am appalled at their extremely poor customer service.

I ordered a duvet set from the approximately 2 months ago and it came withOUT the shams. That was the first problem and then, I contacted them about it and all they did was merely apologize, seriously? Then I returned the duvet and used USPS instead of their return label only to never receive a confirmation that they had received it. So I reached out to them and they told me I had to give them a tracking number. I didn't have a tracking number because I sent it through regular mail because WHY would I pay 20 dollars in shipping costs for something I don't want?

Anyways, they told me that they really needed a tracking number. I emailed them back yesterday and demanded that they put me in contact with a supervisor because how do I know that they didn't receive the package and were scamming me out of my $100?

Needless to say, the supervisor contacted me today saying that they found my package in the facility and I would be credited the amount right away and that she was sorry for my frustration. Ummm, what if I hadn't demanded to speak to a supervisor and she hadn't called the facility? I would have given them $100 for free!!! All I received was a less than believable "I'm sorry but..." there is no but here, their customer service is terrible and essentially they're thieves. Unbelievable, I will not be purchasing anything from their site ever again and will be advising everyone I know not to as well.

9/4/13

BEWARE WHEN RETURNING ITEMS!!!

I purchased two pairs of Valentino Rockstud flats totalling $1,237.95 on a single order. The shoes arrived in a single shipment - beautiful authentic shoes, and lovely packaging but too small!

I requested a return for both pairs through my RueLaLa account, received a Smart Label return, packed them back into the original box and took them to USPS. They processed the return within 6 days but ONLY REFUNDED $539.05 FOR ONE PAIR OF SHOES!!! I called and was told they would research and get back with me.

I now realize that I don't have a way to prove that I packed both pairs into the box....and someone in their returns department could have swiped the other pair and I'll be out $679.

I've opened a dispute with PayPal and my next step is to contact the USPS so I can compare the weight of my returned package versus the orginal shipment since they should be identical. If that doesn't work I'll call the police in Shepherdsville, KY. This sucks. :(

8/15/13

Be warned: This site will not honor product warranties! I bought a Cuisinart Vertical Rotisserie with a 3 yr warranty, and it stopped working after 1 year. When i asked for a refund Rue sent me to Cuisinart and Cuisinart sent me back to Rue since that's where I bought the product. The reply from the Rue rep was that "we simply cant entertain a refund after 1 year", regardless of the fact that it had a 3 yr warranty. Nice.

8/13/13

I ordered twice from this site and both times no problem. Merchandise came in great condition and was well packaged and shipped fast. Their website is easy to use and overall run well only thing I don't like is there is no time in your shopping cart and buyers can buy the items in your cart so you better make a decision fast.

I give the three stars because they often have higher prices than ideeli. I bought an item on ideeli from free people for $14.99 and saw the exact same item on RueLaLa for $63.00 so I know prices are marked up considerably on some items. Selection is ok and definitely set up more like a small boutique rather than a mass shopping site. Overall good place to shop if you find something worthwhile and $9.95 for shipping.

6/15/13

Rue LaLa was fine until they switched to the kind of automated shipping that Amazon uses. For many people with different physical and postal addresses, this is a disaster, because USPS doesn't recognize the physical address and UPS and Fedex obviously don't deliver to a P.O.Box. Since Rue LaLa uses both, I was always trying to second guess them, depending on the size of the order, but then they began breaking up shipments. After months of receiving fewer than 50% of my orders, innumerable phone calls, emails, etc. I gave up. The people in customer service want to help but their hands are tied, because this is the "policy" and can't be overridden. Re the merchandise, if you shop within the first 10-15 minutes of opening, there can be some very good buys, otherwise most of the good stuff is gone. I also dislike their fairly new "waitlist", where you can choose to receive an item (automatically billed to you) that's not available if they get it back in stock; so months later you may receive something you no longer want/need.

5/24/13

Excellent service. Placed order one day and received item the next!!! Product was as expected! Would recommend to anyone.

4/23/13

If I could give them no stars at all I would. I ordered a White Duvet which in case you don't know what a duvet is its basically sheets for your bed... that you sleep with, on your bed... I'm emphasizing this because when I received my pure WHITE duvet, IT HAD HUGE, BLACK, LONG AND THICK HAIRS ALLLLL OVER IT! The product was obviously USED. This is bedding! This isn't a watch or some other object which you do not sleep with that doesn't touch your body! Would you ever EVER buy used sheets!? I'm so disgusted! When I saw one hair on it I kind of blew it off, two hairs a little upset, six giant black hairs later I folded the thing back up and emailed Rue LA LA asking for an explanation. There was no explanation given, just a generic email sent with a return label. After seeing the complaints below about refunds I can't fricking wait to go through that process. I would never buy from this company again nor any of its counterparts. I'm four emails in with them now and they still refuse to give any sort of explanation. This company is sheisty, buyers beware.

1/17/13

I placed an order for 1 decorative plate only to receive Elena's from Miami Beach with 3 fragile items! It came in a giant box. When I called customer service, the woman said she would send a return label. I live in NYC. I am not carrying a huge box with fragile items onto the subway to get to the post office. So she offered to have UPS come by. Well, I live in an apt building and will most likely be at work. Does she offer me anything for this inconvenience? No. I had to ask her. I am the lucky recipient of a $10 credit toward my next order. I don't trust their shipping so doubt I will ever order from them again.

1/1/13

I am done with Rue La La. I ordered a pair of King size sheets from Cuddledown for a Christmas present. They shipped sheets that were a Full size which wasn't discovered until after they were given at Christmas. Rue La La will not contact Cuddledown to replace the sheets. There are too many other flash sale sites to be bothered with their nonsense.

11/14/12

Good shipping - great quality stuff !!!
My daughter and I love this one for clothes, but I also find other 'random' stuff on it for gifts or home accessories.

11/13/12

I love the clothes but the site is always going down!!! Right now it will not even recognize my username/password. Last week it kept timing out. I would spend the money on the clothes if the site actually worked!

9/20/12

Shipping is very slow, and customer service is non-existent. They just copy and paste a generic answer to whatever question you ask. I ordered an item, shipping was described as 'within 3-5 days', and 3 weeks later, still no shipping notice.

When I tried to cancel the order, they said it was too late. Only after I threatened to cancel my account, were they able to find my order and cancel it for me. They acted like they were doing me a big favor by saying, "Our warehouse worked hard to track down your order and were able to cancel it before it left the shipping department."

Two weeks later I received an email saying the item was no longer available. So, they lied about tracking it down at the last minute and cancelling it. It was not even available at that time. I still wonder why they sold me an item, then waited for 5 weeks to tell me it was not available.

They acted like it was my ignorance that caused the issue. Customer service reps consistently told me, "It says on the item page how long shipping takes." I replied by telling them it said 3-5 days, which was 3 weeks ago, and they responded with the same answer.

You can find good prices here, but same prices can be found on other sites. chances are, the other sites will have better customer service and faster/cheaper shipping.

When you buy an item, you pay shipping of $9.95, and then receive free shipping for 30 days. However, shipping is inflated, as most items do not cost that much to ship.

I have received some good items, but the bad experiences outweigh the good.

8/2/12

Rue LaLa's order process is deceptive. When I ordered the sofa described below, their order process said it would be delivered by 2 August. I then received a confirmation of this estimated delivery date below.

I called today to find out why my sofa did not arrive today. I was told by their representative that she could not tell me when it would ship. She further added that it would take three to five business days to discover when it would ship, and the response would not guarantee a ship date any time in the near future.

I told her that this is not what the RueLaLa site indicated when I ordered the sofa, or what was indicated in the order confirmation email. I told her I wish to cancel my order. She told me that if the sofa will ship in the next two to three days (not business days) it would not be possible to cancel.

I don't understand how a cancellation takes two to three days but a response from the manufacturer about shipping takes three to five business days. There is something very deceptive about her answers.

I can't recommend ordering from this flash sale site.

7/30/12

They suck! One of my orders got cancelled for "technical problems", two of my orders failed delivery after one month of my payment. I was looking forward for that package and was so disappointed. After I complaint these to the staff. They did nothing but saying "I am so sorry to hear that and I can imagen your disappointment". Are you kidding me? Then I am sorry when you run out of business in the future! IF YOU CAN'T DELIVER, DON'T RUN SHOPPING WEBSITE!

7/28/12

I have had nothing but good experiences with Ruelala. The only issue I ever had was not with them but UPS. When they delivered my package they placed it in front of the door to my townhouse. I have no idea why they did that when my town is known for the high crime rate and the office was no more than 50 ft away! When I called Ruelala about the problem, they were quick to credit my account in full.

7/8/12

I ordered ruelalavegas card travel from them and suppose to get 250$ value when booking vegas hotel while i only have to pay 150. ended up being scammed b/c i ended up paying the 150$ for the card, plus full amount for the hotel. THey tell you they will refund you the 250 within 3 weeks but they have no contact info or terms of condition or anything on their website. the phone number emailed to you with the booking summary is just the number of price line and when you call... they won't have any idea about the rebate.

i've contacted ruelala directly with this issue... its been almost 2 month now... still no sign of rebate or neither will they do a refund to my original 150$ purchase.

SCAM SCAM SCAM!

5/22/12

I have ordered 3 things from this site; a pair of boots, a watch, and a pair of sunglasses. The boots had some slight scuffing to the leather and were NOT worth the $250 (site stated that they were normally sold for $580) I paid for them- very cheap quality for $250, let alone more. The watch was a joke- strap was wrinkled and the second hand didn't move. Sunglasses were huge (they didn't show a pic of them on a mannequin so you I couldn't tell the actual size). From what I have seen, this site sells the lowest quality good from good brand names or things from a couple seasons ago. Shipping is a flat $9.95, but you get charged for returns as well. If you want a return in form of original payment you have to go to their site and go through the returns page- don't expect money to your credit card otherwise. I won't shop at this site again, 2 out of 3 things were damaged/not working, returns aren't free (as should be with any reputable site- it is another way to dissuade you from returning the crap they sell), and in general not worth my time.

5/17/12

"Ewww La La" sums up their customer service. Great site unless you need customer service--then they suck. Product ordered on April 16. Scheduled for delivery on May 6. Invalid UPS tracking number. Rue La La tells me it takes 3-5 days for them to track down a valid tracking number. They won't cancel my order even though the goods never arrived. They advise that since they have shipped, they can't cancel the order. Shipped where??? This is fifth order through Rue La La. Shipping is always super slow, but at least the goods arrive. =

5/17/12

I gave an extremely poor review earlier this week for this site. The next day I received a phone call from Ruelala about my complaint. This company went over and above what they needed to do to resolve the situation I was in. My daughter not only received her gown for the ball this weekend they also gave her some beautiful earrings to go with it. There are two very special guardian angels I want to thank so much!!! If you think they don't care, your wrong they really do

5/14/12

Ordered two items more than a month ago that still have not shipped. Reached out to their customer service and was told that they were having issues with a new system. They had evidence of my order, but couldn't tell me anything about when they'd be shipping it. When told I wanted to cancel the order, they told me it was too late... and that I'd have to wait for it to arrive and then request a refund. The bottom line is that I paid for these items the first week of April, and it's mid May now and nada, and according to them, I can't get my money back.

The rep told me to 'make up' for this, he was going to extend my free shipping another month. As if I'm going to order something else from them if they can't either give me the item or the money back...

You know what the definition of a good shopping experience is? It *isn't* one where you have to waste a bunch of time trying to get a company to make things right. It especially isn't when you waste that time and still have nothing to show for it.

4/5/12

I'm obsessed with Rue La La. I've ordered shoes, lingerie, and sunglasses from them and the only thing stopping me from ordering more is my not-bottomless wallet. Their prices are awesome and their customer service is so personal and helpful. I'm not usually one to gush about a website, but i just have to with Rue.

3/19/12

Nightmarish experience would be putting it mildly. I ordered a bag and paid by Paypal. Changed my mind and returned the package unopened. That was three weeks ago. I have been trying to get my money back ever since with no luck.

I complained on another website and was contacted by a "corporate concierege" who was very nice but it appears that her job is to say, "I'm sorry" and then nothing happens. She told me over a week ago that I would have my refund "in a few days" but here we are ten days later and nothing. Then I was told they tried to refund though Paypal but it didn't go through. Paypal denies. Never had that problem in the 11 years my Paypal account has been open. So, here I sit with no merchandise, no refund. This was my first transaction with this horribly run company and it will be my last, that goes without saying.

12/28/11

Usually love what they send, and I def like that one shipping fee is good for a month, return labels are in the boxes, and they have a generous return time frame.

10/26/11

I just got off the phone with customer service (she was very nice) to find out that the headboard and FRAME that I ordered online meant that the frame was the two legs that hold up the headboard, not a bedframe. YIKES. Since this was a no return item I now have an expensive headboard but no matching frame for it. And btw, it took 4 emails to finally even get attention from them.

10/26/11

After trying out other flash sale sites, I'll continue to rely on Rue. Yes, the shipping cost is inflated but everything I have ordered from this site has been really well made (which is more then I can say about other sites). I very carefully pick and choose what I buy, so I've never needed to return something and always check to see if I can find items cheaper elsewhere, but if you want to know you're getting a well-made product, I'd definitely pick Rue La La.

10/24/11

i have also ordered MANY things from this site. my stuff has always arrived professionally wrapped and in perfect condition. they have great price reductions (although i think gilt.com has better discounts. All in all this is my second choice site. Wish they had more baby stuff!

9/21/11

I ordered a JPK lovesac tote bag, when it arrived it was damaged and had trash inside of it!! The handle was broken and inside there were used bobby pins and gum/candy wrappers! They have refunded my money and shipping, but I'm hesistant to order from them again if I'm to expect used items, YUCK

Apprentice Reviewer
7/25/11

I have made 4 purchases from Ruelala and have had fast shipping, correct orders and find the website to be credible. I don't like paying for the shipping, but they lump your whole order into one. Once you pay shipping for one item, it will cover the rest of the items that you buy that day.

7/19/11

I've been a member of ruelala since 2008. I love their final sales (they're one of the few places that widely carry DVF) and have had good experiences with their customer service. During a facebook final sale (the page could only be reached through their fbook page), there were technical glitches in their site. Their customer service reps were attentive and prompt.
Overall, I highly recommend this site, especially compared to others (e.g. ideeli, who canceled an order even though I never wanted it canceled).

7/13/11

Folks, save yourself some hard-earned cash and plenty of aggravation. If the size is not as represented on their site, (has happened to me twice) you are stuck with the items, many of which are deemed "non-returnable" for the convenience of Rue La La. Prices are nowhere near as "discount" as they would like you to think. I saw an item for $99 on Rue La La and found the identical item at a discounter in my neighborhood for $69 on the SAME DAY! Just lost $$ today because item I ordered did not conform to size represented on the site, was much bigger, and they refuse to accept a return, even for a merchandise credit. A bad experience all around, and I will definitely never purchase from them again. Totally a rip off and con game. They pretend you are getting a great deal. NOT AT ALL!!!

7/7/11

I'm done with Rue La La! i have ordered from them about 15 times over the past 2 years. They have nice things, but too often they have sent me the WRONG ITEM!!! Of course they apologize profusely.... but they cannot ever get you the right item after that because it is sold out! This is the final straw for me; I ordered a $400 chair and paid extra $20 for shippingl They sent the wrong bloody chair. Packing up the Giant box, wait for pick up, wait for refund....hassle...hassle...hassle...and now I can't even get the chair I want! DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME.
(This has happened to me at least three times....yet they always seem shocked that it happened....well I'm not anymore after reading others' reviews!)

3/29/11

The website is okay. However for some purchases the time before the item even ships out is 2 weeks. Then when the item is shipped they charge you the flat rate of $9.95 which is the basic service and take at least 3 days to get to you.

If you have to return something, you might as well expect to not get your money back. It has been 21 days so far emailing them about the refund I am suppose to get. When I have emailed I am always told I will get the money in 5 business days. After that time period I ask again and I was told 7-9 business days. So every time you ask where the refund is they extend the time you get the money another business week. I will never shop here again as this is ridiculous and horrible customer service.

EXPERT
3/29/11

I've only ordered one item from here and they sent me the wrong style, but issued me a credit and let me keep the item. Customer service is timely and friendly. They have a certain aesthetic that doesn't appeal to me very often and I don't like that you can't reserve items for a time limit (unlike some other sample sales sites). You have to buy it fast or it's usually gone and unlike other sites that give you a time limit to cancel, they say they ship fast (and they do!) so you don't really have the time window to cancel something.

3/21/11

Buyer beware if you are going to purchase a travel package from Ruelala. I recently purchased one and was given a certificate # and told to call the resort directly to make my reservation. I was not able to get the resort to accommodate us for the dates that the certificate was good for. I called into the customer service line and asked for a refund. They guy who helped me was very nice but said he needed to get back to me with options on how to handle it. I bought 3 of these certificates for myself and 3 friends at $750 each. They told me they would only refund me 1 and that I needed to come up with alternate dates! It has been a battle back and forth with Ruelala and their "experience team" (which is their form of expedited customer service). We get a different story every day from we'll see if we can refund you, to lets try and come up with alternate dates but that we will have to pay an additional fee, to sorry, only 1 refund. It has been extremely frustrating experience. Their customer service, or experience team is a joke! They have no idea what customer service is. Go shop at Hautelook instead!

About RueLaLa