US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

levia

I never buy anything online without looking for a coupon code on retailmenot.com first! (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rodrigod5
4/20/16

RetailMeNot saved me lots of $$$ over the years. I don't have to hunt down coupons or sign up for spammy newsletters filling up my inbox. I just go to RetailMeNot.

monicab46
3/29/16

I love this site. It has helped me save lots of money. Whenever I order something i always go to this site to get a coupon and 99 percent of the time it works.

damedebw
3/18/16

This is my favorite site for promo codes. I usually use the top 3-4 discounts, checking for % of success rates, how many have used codes that particular day and when last used. So far retailmenot has saved me a great deal of money on pretty much any site I check on. When you check for promo codes and/or coupons, retailmenot is your first choice option, letting me know they are the most widely used promo site. Some people don't realize that Amazon, eBay, Walmart and other huge companies have codes on retailmenot. It is pretty user friendly from all devices. They even post expired codes or not so successful codes, saying they may or may not work. I have had success using these a few times, but not much. Still worth your time to check them out.

josephn31
3/10/16

If you want to look like a con or a thief then this site is for you!!! What a scam! This site sucks and needs shut down.

leoa20
3/9/16

I do check retailmenot before I make many purchases. Depending on the brand I'm buying from, I'll get a free shipping code, or 20% off, etc. What I don't like is clicking on a 20% off coupon and it's just an advertisement "no promo code needed" And that does happen often in my experience.

bobbym42
3/9/16

I've used them for a while now and really like it - their discounts always work, helping me to get my discount!

jesser2
3/3/16

This is a site for stupid people that want to rip off retail stores and take advantage of all the coupons at once.

Just STFU, get their apps and text alerts. This site needs to be shut down by the corporate world!

danielleb42
1/30/16

I ALWAYS go to this website before purchasing something online or ordering food through places like Pizza Hut. They usually have some type of coupon code that you can use for shopping online, but some of them are invalid. However, that's not the site's fault! Users can enter codes into the site themselves, and some enter invalid codes just for the sake of doing it, one-time use codes so they get credit for someone using it, or referral codes so that they can make money off of them. All you have to do is down-vote the code if it isn't working and it'll be taken off the site! It's not that big of a deal, and it only takes a few minutes to check a few codes to see if they're working so that you can save some money!

As for codes that you can use in-store, be sure that you have the right information before taking the coupon in! I once went to B&BW with a RetailMeNot coupon pulled up on my phone, but they refused to honor it and I ended up paying full-price for the items I bought. However, when I called B&BW customer service, they were nice enough to give me free credit to use online totalling the price of the coupon.

Tip for consumers: To save time looking for working codes, search for the ones that have been up-voted by several different people!

marianb4
10/13/15

This promo site is great. I go to them now before I do any online shopping. The coupons are current and worthwhile. Its updated all the time. No memberships or downloads required, Just a great serice.

rld1
9/6/15

It seems RMN is pulling ads from various sources without verification. Many offers appear to be incomplete. Offers either being refused or the merchant denies knowing anything about RMN. Makes me feel like I'm trying to rip off the merchant.

Another issue with RMN is the lack of consistency. Offers made via the app may not show up on their website and vise versa. Terms are not accurate, for instance, must buy a combo when you don't. Yes, you must buy something, but doesn't need to be that. And many of the items you don't need to show a coupon or even the app screen.

Wish I can take them down to 1.5 stars... Not yet 1 star but heading that way. :(

Tip for consumers: Regardless what the instructions say, ask about the offer when you arrive to see how they will handle it. Waiting until you're ready to leave may be too late.

beverlyp17
9/2/15

They may not always have a coupon for what you need, but look here first before you purchase. I've found free shipping codes and 20% off my order.

markl134
8/22/15

Wasted time on 2 offers that did not work. Wonder how many offers are actually real, and if occasionally a business accepts an offer just for PR reasons. Too bad they have to do this, and too bad people are wasting their time in many other instances.

tims85
7/24/15

Small type disclaimer on their emails states it's up to the retailer if coupon will be accepted. A lot are regional only coupons not valid everywhere, just in the regions the contributors live. For example, a recent national chain coupon appeared, I called the local restaurant to see if it was valid, manager said I would have to bring it in to look at it. Not a very good way to save money (and gas). Also, the majority of their coupons are for merchandise and clothing, and you'll get the same coupons if you sign up on the particular retailers email subscription.

wyattb20
7/9/15

With sites like Ebates, myshoppingcart, and RetailmeNot, it is difficult to tell who is giving the best deal. This site works well for finding coupons. It does not work well for finding great deals. They do have the most amount of coupons. My favorite is AyeDeals.com because it does all of the searching for me, and saves me money and time.

jeremiahc12
6/24/15

This site is one of the best coupon site though there are hundreds of coupon site out there Their coupon 100% works its the same on couponchief.com they offered thousands of great coupon and the results was pretty amazing because it will help you more to save your life!

rosap3
6/16/15

RetailMeNot is far too busy and has too many deals to keep track of. As a result, a lot of their coupons don't work and there's just too many to weed them out. I find it a huge waste of time. I recently discovered an app called Malltip that tells me about deals going on inside the malls near me. Because most the deals are taking place in store, I don't have to mess with silly coupons. I've also earned gift cards for inviting my friends. Free money! Definitely recommend Malltip instead.

barbs13
6/7/15

I email myself a coupon but don't get a coupon????

kaitlinc2
5/10/15

I can't even sign up without it going back to the first step over and over again.

erinf15
4/8/15

Thank you retail me not for always saving me money when shopping online! From tennis shoes to coffee...you have saved me countless of dollars with coupons,free shipping ,and even free gifts from all of my favorite websites over the years! You make shopping even more fun!

rosemaries2
2/13/15

For about the 17th time I've attempted to use coupons from RetailMeNot only to have them fail. Today I called the online store I'm buying from, sstack.com They told me that all those coupons are fake, that they do not participate with any couponing, and that the only promo codes that work on their site are bonus bucks which are accumulated points from prior purchases. I suppose now I have to re-clean my computer as all those clicks have surely done it no good. For a supposed reputable site I've had an amazing and consistent run of useless coupons. There is absolutely no oversight about what they throw onto their website. sstack.com is just the latest "promo code" to fail, hardly the only one.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. If you did, clean your computer after. A failed coupon doesn't necessarily mean it expired [and if it expired then why is it still on RMN?] -- it may have been fake from the get-go.

jakem52
1/21/15

I always check this before I shop on line. It is amazing how many coupons I have been able to utilize. I never knew this was out there. Great find.

jacks349
1/10/15

Great, I use this site for coupons all the times. Only reason for no 5 stars is that some of the coupons don't work.

jenniferm94
12/14/14

I always check retailmenot prior to buying anything. I usually end up with some savings & am always grateful. It's easy enough to copy & paste the code into my order screen if I'm ordering online. If I am trying to use it in store I make sure there is something that shows me it's a store coupon. Like with most coupons, not all stores are obligated to take them. Like my store has coupon out for other areas that can't be redeemed at my store. Always read the fine print & if it's just a code, not a coupon from the store, call the store first and ask. It's not that complicated. Also, if it's a popular company you can see if people reported it as "worked for them" or not.

jamesp126
12/13/14

Some coupons work but a lot do not and the stores do not have to honor the coupons from this site since they are third party truth is if you see it on this site do not trust it call the store and ask them if the deals are legit ot will save you time frustration and monemoney alalways call the store

Tip for consumers: Call the store if you see it in this site or app

laurar42
11/12/14

What a great deal today! We purchased Sirrus Radio for six months, 25.00!
The auto renewal was priced at 219.00 per year!

We love Retail Me Not!

steveg52
11/1/14

This $#*!ty website has made coupons for my store and about once a week we have customers trying to redeem a coupon we never offered. This retailmenot is a scam and a fraudulent website. Don't even try to use the coupons because they're not legit

stefk5
9/29/14

Best site for discount codes. Yes sometimes they don't work but people usually update and add comments and most do work.

bam30
7/11/14

RetailMeNot adds coupons as they please, regardless of the business' wishes. Our business offered discounts 3 to 4 years ago and although we no longer honor them, RetailMeNot REFUSES to remove them for us. We often get grief from customers about this. Guess what they tell us? "So sue us!" I wish it was cost effective for us to sue them. This site is a scam for both consumers and businesses.

andyt15
7/1/14

I think it is one of the best coupon sites on the internet. You can find kinds of coupon for many stores. But some of the coupons don't work.

tims59
4/21/14

I like to get my coupons from here. I do alot of online shopping because dealing with people out in the stores is just too much for me. The offers are usually current and up to date which is a big plus because I hate having to dig through codes to find one that works.

daniell352
3/13/14

RetailMeNot is one of my favorite websites. I always find coupons on RetailMeNot when buying online as they provide varieties of coupons every day. Like it so much!

elrodd
3/10/14

Great website! got some amazing deals that save me a lot of money.

johnp151
3/1/14

Awesome site!

johnb276
2/24/14

Retailmenot, is listing coupons that simply don't exist. On my site, they crawled the website and found items we had on sale, took the average percentage off, from just the sale items. Then posted that everything was 37% off. If you don't see a coupon code, then there isn't a coupon. Also, they lead customers to believe that an old coupon code is still valid, which isn't the case. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

gw95
2/4/14

Not sure how they make money off these sites but a SCAM it is. I tried to use a coupon for office supplies. When I tried to check out the coupon was worthless. I called the company and was told the site was a scam. They do not honor any discount from that site.

jw58
1/4/14

The Nike coupons on this website may be fraudulent -- they did not accept them when we tried to use them (and, to make it worse, we had a TERRIBLE experience with the Nike employee in Utah when we tried to use them - he was so HORRIBLE and treated us badly when we tried to use what we thought was a legit deal).

wg3
11/21/13

Do not use this site. We operate a company they claim to have coupons for - they do not! This is a scam. They seem to get "click thru" credits from Google or something - but they have no coupons for us (even though they list 5!) Don't use them.

maryellena
10/16/13

I love this site! I use this site every time I shop online and I always find awesome discounts!

jillm12
10/14/13

Coupons, coupons coupons what else can I say .... :))

marcr13
9/23/13

This site is a scam. I printed out a coupon for a resturant and told my friend about the coupon on the web site. When it came time to pay the bill the resturant would not take either coupon. It was NO GOOD!!!! I was told you have to watch websites like this one alot of times the coupons won't work. I gave it one star because I had no choice.

di-chani
8/22/13

I work with a company which has informed its employees to no longer allow retailmenot (or any third party coupons) to be used

If i coulg give zero stars i would.

Rtm does not check coupons out first. The problem my company kept having is,
They would post fraudulent coupons on site. Sometimes a similar coupon code would be used but they would make the coupon for a higher percentage off.
When the coupon didnt work a cashier would override the cost, losing lots of money!!!
I have also seen customers come in with a 6 yr expired coupon swearing up and down it is a good coupon bc its on RetailMeNot.

So, once the company had enough, we put a ban on not JUST retail me not,
But ALL third party coupon sources, just to eliminate confusion.

Consumers. Please stay away from this website!!
Using fraudulent coupons IS STEALING!!!
(And it IS a punishable offense)

brandiw
8/15/13

Best site ever! If you like shopping online its a must have. Great coupon codes that actually work and save you money. Very easy too.

sarahc46
7/31/13

I always always stop by retailmenot and check for coupons before I buy anything online. I don't really use the offline coupons just because it's an extra step and I often forget before I go out shopping, but the online coupon codes are fantastic. I often get at least $5-10 off and/or get free shipping. Only downside is now I feel ripped off if I can't find a coupon on retailmenot XD

bethm16
6/19/13

This is coming from a company whose unauthorized offer was posted on this site. The offer is 3 years old, outdated and will never be honored by us, but RetailMeNot.com refuses to remove it. Plus, they want to blackmail us into submitting a new offer. Why should we be forced to replace an offer we never posted? Not a reputable site in our book and we recommend never doing business with them. Poor customer service.

da9458
4/21/13

Almost always useful. Even if it's not it's easy to navigate and understand. Thank you!!:)

leisad
3/25/13

I am so excited to do a review about RetailMeNot. It is the place to go before you think of ever buying anything online. There will be a coupon code there that you can use almost all the time. I have saved so much by going there first before actually getting my final order. And they have every merchant site you can ever imagine. No matter where I want to buy from, I find a coupon code on retailmenot. They are so expansive. I love that site!

paulm93
12/2/12

The best coupon site by far!

jeffreyg5
11/3/12

The best for coupons and discounts!

benk14
11/2/12

I use this site every time I order pizza delivery. I can always find some kind of discount.

chriss94
10/3/12

One of the better coupon sites around - like that I can find coupons on even some of the smaller, more obscure mountain biking and outdoor sites. Usually one of the first places I check for coupons.

21 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RetailMeNot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question