US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

michellep5

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS WITH EACH GIFT CERTIFICATE!! (in 51 reviews)

robinj10

Customer service has always been pleasant and cooperative. (in 26 reviews)

pc1

As an example we used one yesterday that was a $25 gift card for $2. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

joes442
10/16/14

Ordered tickets to pippin. And was til on phone the seats were 'premium balcony'. I asked what that meant and the cust.svc rep said "first three rows of balcony". (this was a couple months ago when they used to take xalls, Which they no longer do). The tickets were mailed to me and finally arrived showed 10 days before our performance date. They were 2nd to last row in balcony. I wouldn't have purchased had I known that.

After sending several emails explainimg and letting them know we won't be using the tickets and asking for credit, I have not received any responses.

I am done w restaurant.com

Tip for consumers: Terrible customer svc. They mislead. Stay away.

glennt12
10/11/14

Real good savings if you can actually redeem. The issue is that a lot of the coupons go expired quickly and sometimes the restaurants won't take them during peak hours. you need to ask them prior to arriving if they accept. if you can use the coupon, then use this all the time because the savings are amazing.

kellyt20
10/4/14

Technical difficulties made it difficult to even get started. Then customer service only got worse. I have requested a refund from Living social. Beware, do not purchase big time scam and horrible customer service.

Three times now I have tried and entered the number from living social, three times the credit showed up but then disappeared when I would try to check out the shopping cart. I am sorely disappointed in the website functionality and the poor representation for customer service. Clearly you did not read nor respond to the concerns that I expressed. I will be requesting a refund from Living social and leaving reviews every where I can find so that others may be warned about your garbage business practices.
Kelly

jayh34
10/3/14

I purchased a R.Com for a semi local joint. Drove ten miles only to find out the place had been out of business for 4 months. E-mailed them and was credited my 15.00 towards a separate voucher, wouldn't just add it back to my original and they cannot be combined now. Also let them know 4 months ago this place was closed but yet they still continue to sell them. Also after doing the math, you are basically paying ie.. 15.00 to spend 30.00 and get half off.. seems to me you are still paying full price and may be buying more than you want to meet the minimum.. Neat little scam trying to ride Groupons tails, who is a legit way to dine out at a discounted price/

Tip for consumers: DON'Y

path47
10/3/14

Really bad customer service. The site gives you an option to exchange gift cards, however my credit for those cards are no where to be found. No response from Restaurant.com customer service. Save your monies and go through Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Use Groupon or Entertainment books. Using this company is seriously like throwing money out the window. If you have an issue with your certificate, oh well, no help from customer service.

gregf18
9/30/14

LIGHTING YOUR MONEY ON FIRE AND WATCHING IT BURN IS A BETTER VALUE

Redeemed 500 miles for a 25 dollar certificate code I cannot redeem because restaurant.com says the code is invalid. Neither they or United offer any customer support in this matter, but at least United allows you to contact them. Restaurant.com is a complete joke. F☆☆K YOU GUYS!

Tip for consumers: Don't.

chuckw9
9/28/14

"Won" $125 in restaurant.com gift cards bidding on them on the Verizon Smart rewards program, when I received them I signed up (made an account) on restaurant.com, then entered my gift card numbers and the money disappeared, it said I had $25 credit on account when I entered that card, then said I had $100 on account when I entered that card??? I thought 25 + 100 = 125 ??? Then I tried to purchase some coupons for a local restaurant and they asked for a credit card!!! Where did the $125 go???

Tip for consumers: VZW Smart rewards users, DO NOT BID ON RESTAURANT.COM GIFT CARDS>>> AVOID RESTAURANT>COM

sharonw28
9/27/14

I purchased a coupon for Mexican food in my city and when I went to the restaurant there was a sign on the door stating they no longer accept Restaurant.com coupons. I contacted Restaurant.com on their email link twice and I'm still waiting......this was a rip-off for me.

Tip for consumers: FORGET IT! THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!

mariet20
9/24/14

I had a restaurant.com gift certificate for $25 off a meal at a nearby restaurant. When I tried to use it they waitress said the 800 number they call show it had already been used. And, the date they showed it used was before the date it was even purchased! I called the 800 number myself and that is what it says when you enter the certificate number. It was so embarrassing!! It was an upscale restaurant and the waitress seemed upset for me. I had to pay over $77 for our meal! The restaurant said that's why they don't participate with restaurant.com anymore; too many problems. I then tried to call restaurant.com and there is no way to get a phone number!! The validation line is only a recording/computer setup and the restaurant.com website only allows you to email a complaint. I have emailed them 3 times over the past 3+ weeks and have not received a single reply. Through some seriously intense digging, I finally found a phone number to call. After over 30 minutes on hold waiting, I talked to someone named "George". He said the certificate was good (making me wrong or a liar) and didn't know why I had a problem. I explained that the restaurant and I both called (total of 3 calls) and each call said the same thing. He offered another certificate, but all their locations within 10 miles of me are take out or "similar to fast food" (no decent sit-down places at all). Because they are cheap places they only offer $5 or $10 gift certificates. That means I would have to go their 3-5 times to use up my $25! And drive 20 miles each time to boot!! I asked for my money back, but of course he said no. George offered no other remedies or solutions; just very quick short repetitive (and meaningless) "I'm sorry's"; making you feel like a number. Which I guess that's what you are to them!! I plan to post this complaint everywhere I can find a place too so people dont buy their phony certificates!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time or money or time!! Any company that goes to such great lengths to hide their phone number deffinitely has something to hide!! Too many complaints to handle??

kathyg27
9/20/14

Love Restaurant.Com! Only have one problem in several years, and it was resolved almost immediately! I don't like that they now don't have an 800 number to call because I would like to know where my credits have gone when I've exchanged a greater amount certificate for a lesser amount certificate. I don't quite understand how to access their new website. Can anyone help me?

lesm12
9/19/14

I have used the vouchers for several sucessfully. In the past year I have had nothing but trouble trying to use vouchers that the restaurant won't take. Not only that but the company conveniently removed their 800 # from the site. My guess is that were bombarded with complaints. I'm through using this.site.

philipm48
9/15/14

The vouchers I purchased were supposed to not expire. However, many restaurants have stopped honoring them. When I exchanged them on the restaurant.com site, I received credits; however when I tried to redeem them for vouchers to new restaurants, the credits disappeared. To add true insult to injury, they have absolutely no telephone access. The only way to get any redress is to complain on review sites such as this.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

kimd29
9/14/14

Scam! I bought 3 coupons for my favorite restaurant but when I tried to use the first one, I was told that the restaurant never authorized restaurant.com to issue these certificates. How embarrassing! Now I am out the amount I paid for the 3 coupons.

markg82
9/10/14

I received a $100 gift certificate over a year ago and have never used it. The restrictions are totally confining. Many restaurants won't accept it for various reasons. What a waste of money and time. The only restaurants that subscribe to this scam are the ones that have little or no patrons. SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T buy anything from this outfit NOT WORTH IT. If they had a minus star rating I would use a MINUS 5!

Tip for consumers: Save your time and money it's a total rip off.. Groupon or others are more honest.

alexr58
9/8/14

Good lord, what a disaster. Ended up paying full price for my meal, after a long and embarrassing attempt to redeem a gift certificate. Not the restaurant's fault; they showed me exactly what they were trying to do. This was restaurant.com's fault. I have not been able to use the gift certificate and I'd rather throw the money away than try again. Stay away!

Tip for consumers: RUN

danv4
9/5/14

What a rip off!!! Getting a refund is as bad as pulling teeth. I am not surprised that Restaurant.com has had class action lawsuits filed against them. I have dealt with restaurant's who refuse to honor the vouchers, have gone out of business and have poor attitudes when presented with the vouchers. Restaurant.com will not return emails and makes it impossible to get a refund. I would encourage everyone to stay away from this "BAIT & SWITCH" company!!!

anonymousj3
9/4/14

HONESTLY I LIKE THIS COMPANY, I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS.. IT IS DESIGNED TO GIVE DISCOUNTS ON A MEAL FOR CERTAIN RESTAURANTS. NOT TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE MEAL... I DISLIKE THE NEW SITE, BUT I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE MY GIFT CARDS UNDER MY ORDERS.. NOTHING NEVER DISAPPEARS.. SO TRY IT IT MAY HELP

patriciaj11
9/3/14

Don't EVER purchase tickets for shows through Restaurant.com. I tried for over a week to get my tickets and never received them and now I am out $238. They showed me a copy of an email they sent me with the tickets, but I still never received and was promised a phone call to confirm that I received them. Poor customer service and when you try calling them, all you get is all of our agents are busy, try back later..

Tip for consumers: You often can't reach customer service because they are so busy dealing with complaints, a message comes on and says, try back later!

joep123
9/1/14

This site has become almost a scam recently. I have been a member for years, and lately any desirable places may be listed, but are always "out of stock" even on the first day of each month. They have lost credits on my account, they revised the customer account area and deleted some certificates I had that had been disavowed by the restaurant. Certificates are nothing more than discount coupons you have to buy. Common is a "$50 gift certificate" for a local sushi place that requires a $100 minimum purchase. That same place offers similar deals on their own for no charge - i.e. just a big discount for large purchases if you agree to tip 20%. Why pay the fee for such a "coupon"?

Tip for consumers: Many of the places are business that offer similar deals on their own, so be cautious when getting an offer.

margaretv10
8/27/14

We tried to use the $50 off coupon only to find out you had to spend $100 to get $50 off when we tried to redeem it. Look at the fine print and don't take them at face value. Total regret! This is too good to be true and I consider it a scam

vieshiaw
8/24/14

EVERY RESTAURANT ON THE SITE HAS A MINIMUM PURCHASE REQUIREMENT AT LEAST HALF THE VALUE OF THE GIFT CERTIFICATE ITSELF - FOR EACH CERTIFICATE (YOU FIND "THAT" OUT WHEN YOU GET TO THE RESTAURANT). These people should be called out on their bull because they are selling half off coupons! There is no deal. There are no discounts! You pay something like $10 for a $20 gift card at restaurant.com, but the restaurant has a $50 minimum purchase requirement. So you pay $10 + for $20 certificate but have to spend an extra $30 on food (not including tips or taxes) once you get to the restaurant you will actually find that you saved nothing more than pocket lint and pennies while restaurant.com gets away with your money! Money that you could have taken directly to the restaurant without the greedy little
man in the middle. Furthermore, most of the restaurants that they advertise DON'T EVEN ACCEPT their gift certificates anyway - which screws you out of even more money. And oh... NO REFUNDS, but you are sure welcome to exchange your so-called certificate from the first place that didn't take it for a new one at the next place that will likely refuse it too. If you want coupons to dine out, join mailing lists, facebook fan pages, rewards clubs, etc... I'm sure the small businesses that these crooks claim to support will gladly send you occasional savings as a token of appreciation for your patronage. Also, buy a Sunday paper where you get a crapload of coupons PLUS the news for a buck and change. However... DO NOT GIVE restaurant.com ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

michellew43
8/24/14

I can't use this site via mobile or on their website. It isn't allowing me to access "deals near me" nor "deals by zip". It will allow me to view deals by city but the closest city I can choose from is st. Louis and I'm 30 miles+ from most of them. I have used "deals near me" and "deals by zip" options before so I KNOW that there are restaurants in my area. So frustrated because I have $30 in gift cards I have wanted to use for the last week and I can't! !!!!

saraw23
8/4/14

I was scammed today!!!! I had $205 in gift ecards from exchanging. I had that amount for months. There were no restaurants which I wanted to go to so I could use them.
I received two emails from RDC stating that the restaurants no longer would honor RDC's certificates. I exchanged 13 certificates last night to ecards. I checked my balance last night, and it was still $205. This morning, it should have been $330! The new exchanges were there, but I had lost $100 of my old ecards!!! SCAM!!!! Don't ever trust this company!! SCAM ARTISTS!!! I spoke with two reps, and they told me that I was mistaken and that it was correct. No one cared that I had been beat out of $100!
I am still fuming!!! I will never spend another red cent there!!! Please tell others!!!!

terryw36
8/1/14

I have used Restaurant.com for a few years now and I have 'never' had a problem redeeming their certificates! A lot of the negative reviews listed on this site I believe, falls on the restaurant being visited and not on restaurant.com. How RC be held responsible for restaurants pulling out of the program or making up changes to how or when they will accept the certs? Some of the other complaints seem to be about RC not making updates quick enough, yet it's hard to tell who is telling the truth. As someone else suggested, call the restaurant to verify they accept the certs before buying them. If you still have a problem log back into RC and redeem them for another participating restaurant. I just did that today for certs I originally purchased back in 2010 with no problem. I think it is a great program for us consumers. I don't know how it works for restaurants.

timk27
7/31/14

I have purchased several and never had a problem. I feel bad for all the people who felt they got screwed but many did not read the fine print, so they screwed themselves. For those where the restaurant refused to accept them, that is another issue.

mattw30
7/23/14

Restaurants.com is a complete fraud. I was given four $25.00 gift certificates. First off, none of the participating restaurants are less than 15 miles from where I live. My daughter and I took one of the certificates to a taco shop, counter service no waiters. They charged us a mandatory 18% gratuity even though we placed out order at the counter and carried it to the table ourselves. Then the $25.00 did not include tax. By the time they added the tax and the mandatory tip I paid more than $25.00 for some second rate tacos. I threw the other three gift certificates out. Never do business with the place, it is nothing but a scam.

johnm329
7/17/14

Within minutes of placing my order with Restaurant.com for a Special Wine purchase, my AmEx card was billed, even before I received the "Certificate" from Restaurant.com; upon attempting to redeem my purchase, the site indicated the certificate number no longer applied; then my efforts resulted in being informed I was being charged additional money, shipping and tax, for the purchase when Restaurant.com did not mention the additional costs; I immediately called and was told "NO REFUND IS EVEN GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES; YOU WILL RECEIVE A CREDIT ONLY TO YOUR ACCOUNT WITH RESTAURANT.COM.

I ask: Would anyone ever want to do business with a nationally-recognized name knowing they will NEVER issue a credit to you under any circumstance? This man thinks not. I suggest: Stay away from Restaurant.com UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. What they did to me was grossly unfair; deliberately misrepresenting in not issuing an immediate refund.

lisac62
7/15/14

They scammed me too. I thought this would be a gift certificate and after I purchased it I found out that it is coupons off of meals, and you can only use one coupon per visit.

kalam3
7/11/14

So bought 2 $25 dollar gift certificates for 8 bucks total. only to find out that it was just 25 dollars off of 40. so in the end i ended spending more then what i planned on spendig. it did not tell me this untill AFTER i had bought them.

andrewt40
7/9/14

Complete scam!!! I purchased a bunch of restaurant gift certificates from this site that claim to never expire. However, apparently all of these restaurants have the right to refuse the use of these gift certificates. So why would they ever accept them then, right? So I unfortunately got totally ripped off and I am hoping this review will help prevent other folks from suffering from this complete scam this site has going on.

roxannep2
6/27/14

Tried to use the certificate and was told that it didn't apply to steak or fish. That was not mentioned anywhere on the certificate. They also didn't accept the certificate on my phone- I had to have it printed out. That may have been my fault. I'm not sure. This was my first time trying to use these certificates so we'll see what happens with the others that I bought but I'm not very hopeful.

as1690
6/20/14

Can I rate 0? This site is full of scams and traps. So I bought a 25$ coupon and gifted one to my friend(my biggest fault). I asked restaurant owner to deliver food at my home and he refused to accept the gift card. He started to give excuses and asked me to use the coupon by coming for dinning or take out. This was bizzare. I called restaurant.com customer service and they did not bother a bit about it. I think restaurant.com is one of the best service I have ever used. Not at all recommended.

latoyas
6/19/14

I don't know how I let my self get scammed like this I was so excited to get the discount I never checked the reviews, which is something I do faithfully on any and everything... Thanks alot restaurant.com you got over on me this time!!!!

faridahs
6/19/14

RESTAURANT.COM is a rip off!: I got an invitation via LifeMart, which my company provides as a team member service, to purchase discounted certificates at Restaurant.com last month. I decided to try it out, assuming that because my company sent it, it would be legitimate. I spent over an hour finally identifying 4 restaurants which suited my tastes. Part of the criteria, since I am single and dine alone, was that the minimum purchase had to be reasonable for 1 person. I selected 4 resturants with minum purchase requirements of $22.50 or less. (There were others I would have enjoyed, but the minum purchase was over $30 and there was no way I could eat that much food.) I had at that point done my homework and understood the rules. Shouldn't I have been able to assume the restaurants they sold certificates for were still in business? I guess not. Did they suggest that I check that salient fact? No, they did not.

Well, the first restaurant I attempted to visit was out of business. I called Restaurant.com. They tried to get me to simply exchange the certificate. I explained that I was not interested in any other restaurants, and that I believed that since they sold me a certificate for a business that had closed, they should refund my money. They agreed and refunded the cost of that certificate to me.

Just over a week later, I took a long drive across town and attempted to visit a second restaurant for which I had a certificate. That restaurant also had gone out of business. Being pretty frustrated, I called Restaurant.com about it.

They of course indicated that this rarely happens, but the terms and conditions state that they will do exchanges, but no refunds. I indicated that this is not the first, but the 2nd of 4 certificates they offered for purchase where the restaurant was no longer in business. They refused to make a refund. I called back and got another agent, who also refused to issue a refund. My arguements that I wasn't interested in an exchange went unheeded this time.

BOTTOM LINE: This is a ripp off from an unscrupulous company. What you see is not what you get. I suspect they have no process for removing restaurants from their site, and you have a probability of purchasing certificates that can't be redeemed. Before you buy, check to see if the restaurant you are interested in is actually still in business, and check to see if they will accept the certificate. You will otherwise be left holding the bag. This is only a good deal if you are very flexible, and open to significant trial and error. What an awful experience. How does something like this rarely happen, yet happen to me twice within the space of weeks? If it looks to good to be true, it is. Save your money. Have a good stressless full price meal rather than paying for one you won't get.

joanneb17
6/14/14

We had two gift certificates of $25 each. The restaurant REFUSED to honor it, stating "we told them (restaurants.com) to stop issuing them!" Thanks a lot. We invited 2 guests to join us and ended up with a larger than expected bill. WHAT A SCAM!! Will never do business with them again. ---And no way to contact restaurants.com without "invalidating" the certificates!! Shame on you!!!

kb41
6/11/14

We purchased $100 through United mileage plus program. What a scam! Tonight "When in Rome" restaurant in Bigford, Montana, said they have been trying to get their name off this program for 3 weeks now. No success yet.
We had a wonderful meal, too bad it was dampened by this swarmy program.

johng140
6/10/14

I got a $50 gift cert and the only restaurant in our area where i want to dine only accepts it at $10 per month for 5 months! What a rip off!

milah1
6/3/14

All I can say is do your research first. I purchased some certificates to use at a restaurant in our local mall which was listed on 5/30/2014. I tried to use them today only to be told that they do not participate any longer. Their words were "we have contacted them repeatedly and asked them to remove us from the program but they still have not done it". After managerial discussion I was kindly advised that I could not be compensated by restaurant.com then I can come back and they would honor my certificate this one time. I thought this was a very kind act. I notified R.com so they can remove them. Let's see what happens. I am not upset just very cautious after the experience.

garyv13
6/3/14

Great customer service. I made a mistake and used the wrong certificate at a restaurant. I thought it just disappeared. After writing customer service they gave me a new certificate and credited the restaurant that was not credited. My mistake but they made it right. Could not expect better service.

gregorys32
6/3/14

Only used them twice. One for restaurant $25 coupon I got for free as a RCI Platinum member. I read the $37.50 minimum and was sure to exceed that and whola they deducted $25 from the bill. All as advertised. After reading reviews here I will confirm with restaurant that the honor the certs in advance. The second use was stellar. I searched through their special tab and found a offer the half case of wine. Normal price was $36 bottle. Restaurant.com offer was for $8. Bought the coupon for $48 which allowed me to buy $216 half case. I had to pay the taxes and Shipping extra - $44 dollars. That is legit. So it was an amazing deal. The website for the wine did not work properly for the certificate but I call them and in few minutes the deal was done for the price of the coupon $48 and $44 shipping and handling. They charged me nothing extra for the wine itself. I was shocked to see their normal price was $36 a bottle. Not an inflated retail an actual retain value. So for me the experience was quite valuable. The best price on the net I found for the wine was $20/ bottle. I paid $8 thanks to Restaurant.com.

toms116
5/30/14

Took 'advantage' of one the offers for a discounted broadway show. It was a $130 deal for $55. When I got the ticket it had a face value of $39. If I have paid the $55 directly for the ticket I would on been in the center about 10 rows back. Instead we got the last 2 seats of row 13, so far to the side we missed half the show.

It's a rip off.

jr79
5/29/14

I'd used them in the past, and was happy. I bought several of them before I got laid off a while ago, and haven't been dining out for a while. Last week we decided to use one to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Checked on the web site to make sure it was still valid. After a great meal, the restaurant said it wasn't valid any more.

After I got home, I went to their site, filled in the complaint form, and got no response after an entire week. So today I called their 800 number, and all they would do is replace their worthless piece of paper with another worthless piece of paper.

As of this AM, it still shows on their site as valid. Restaurant.com refused to make good on the extrs $25 I spent on dinner because they didn't cancel the coupon off their site.

The won't get any more of my business.

BTW, just talked with the restaurant owner, and she said restaurant.com was terrible to deal with, and offered to make good on their screwup.

lynnp19
5/24/14

Not worth your time or money. Over and over I told them how the restaurant I bought the certificate for was out of business, yet they keep re listing it. They gave me credit to use for other places, but the selection seems more and more limited and who knows what is actually in business from what's listed. They clearly insist on re listing an establishment regardless of it's current and indefinite status. I've even called to tell them, after the first time I noticed the original place was back for sale on their site. Again.

rickm64
5/22/14

This is the most confusing web site I have ever encountered. It is virtually impossible to redeem a credit since they use two platforms. One is "theidealmeal" and the second is "restaurant.com."

I have gone through the process their customer service sent me and the end result was two exchanges did not appear. On a $100 gift card I redeemed I had a $25 balance and that is somewhere in cyberspace.

I have no idea why such a level of incompetency exists, but the fish does rot from the head down.

Using Groupon or Living Social is very user friendly and any credits are issued and visible without going to a different site.

williamw51
5/21/14

this article will expose what an unethical company restaurant.com is !

mariep14
5/7/14

I'm one of the victims today. I went to the restaurant which is a little bit far only to find out that the certificate was not accepted & that the restaurant manager said that they didn't make any business with this stupid site.. I got the free certificate from ATT for opting to paperless bill.. ATT should stop doing business with them as this affects their company reputation.. This site is a real scam :(

km47
5/2/14

Same bad experiences as everyone else. They claim to give you eGift "credits" for cards you bought in the past that are no longer honored by that restaurant, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah, and then if you try to redeem them? The website takes you to a disabled screen. This place IS a total scam. Don't buy ANYTHING from them. Shysters.

markt60
4/21/14

One week after purchasing two certificates to a restaurant, the restaurant no longer accepted Restaurant.com certificates. I felt this was an inconvenience at most, so I followed R.com's instructions and went to exchange the certificate.

Their site is so poorly constructed that I was able to exchange the certificate without registering my account first -- so I'm not entirely sure where that "eGift" credit went. After I signed up (great, yet another site I have to register on), the credit still was not present.

I am inclined to believe this whole operation is a huge scam. I would NEVER purchase another certificate with Restaurant.com, and if I was given one, just throw it away; it's more than likely useless.

williama36
4/21/14

Use this site only if you have unlimited money and time to fit into their slender little window of opportunity. BAD service... run to Groupon.

alindas
4/8/14

I'm surprised of all the negative reviews here. I've been using Restaurant.com for years. I've never had a problem, but I have always understood to read any requirements the restaurant may have. Some used to have a minimum amount to spend for each certificate. It was usually twice as much as the certificate was for. A $50 certificate needed to be used on a $100 minimum bill. But some restaurants would just require 2 entrees. Some would exclude alcohol, some wouldn't. Some would exclude days such as holidays.
It was important to read the rules of that particular restaurant before purchasing. They are all clearly stated BEFORE you purchase.
They've recently changed that though. It seems they only have a minimum requirement, and it's not always double the coupon amount, sometimes it's only 1.5%. So it's an even better deal now. As another poster said, I rarely pay the listed prices. I would use a code to get them 60-90% off the price, or just buy them off ebay or other reputable sites.
As for some restaurants not accepting them anymore. Again, it's important to call the restaurant before going to be sure they still accept it and that it won't be a problem. If the restaurant doesn't accept the coupon anymore, restaurant.com makes it super easy to exchange the coupon! Just go to your account and find the certificate, and to the far right of the certificate name just click exchange. Follow the instructions and pick another restaurant at that time, or later.
These are great when on vacation too. I always check when I go to Florida. There are a lot of great places that participate where we go.
If you aren't willing to put the little bit of time in it takes to ensure your coupons will be accepted, just don't use them. But don't critisize the site because you don't understand how it works. They are right up front with all the rules, you just need to read them.
Also, as for customer service.... my first experience with them was a week ago, and they were curteous and friendly. My account was fixed within the hour as they said. And the problem was caused by me, forgetting my password, but never changing the email address from one I no longer had access. And I also had them combine 2 accounts. All done, no problems now!
I give them AAA!

***UPDATED***
I just wrote a review, and now after reading many many more of these horribly negative reviews, I came to the conclusion that a huge majority of these reviews are FAKE. They have been purposely written to trash restaurant.com.
I have been using restaurant.com for YEARS, since 2008. In that time I have only one time had a restaurant no longer accept the coupon. I will usually use my certificates right away though because I know many restaurants only stay in the program a month or two. So if you hold them for months or years, you don't have a big chance of having them accepted. CALL first for any of them. That's all it takes.
Not one place has EVER said they never participated and it's a scam!
NOT ONE IN 6 YEARS!
So all these people claiming scam, and all their certificates are being refused... impossible. I not only use them in my state of Pennsylvania, but also Florida, and the states between here and there. If they were recently purchased they're never refused. For the one "gentleman" claiming he purchased $4,000 of coupons!! Really? Geez. Liar Liar.
I really hope people read the positive reviews and realize all you need to do is read the extremely clear conditions of the coupon you are purchasing. It's not a surprise and you don't find out as you're printing them. It's all up front... JUST READ.
If you still feel that paying about $4 to save at least $25 and possibly $50 off your bill, then don't buy it. BTW, if you purchase them from other sites you can get them even cheaper.
It's a great deal! Don't bellieve these fake reviews!!

1 Photos for Restaurant.com