US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jakec27

So how then did I manage to obtain a gift certificate with the restaurant's name and logo? (in 58 reviews)

richardd51

Why is it that some of these internet sites no longer provide a customer service number to talk to a live person? (in 34 reviews)

pc1

As an example we used one yesterday that was a $25 gift card for $2. (in 34 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ch11880
4/23/15

I received two $50.00 gift cards from a windshield replacement service in the Tampa, Fl. area, in October 2014. I have not found a restaurant worth going out to eat at that accepts Restaurant.com as of this date. Don't waste your time or money on Restaurant.com.

julianneg1
4/9/15

Sometimes coupons work, sometimes they don't. Restaurant.com does not respond to any inquiries, even repeated inquiries, and complaints are not responded to at all. There is no way to actually call them, you can only email, and they do not respond. FAIL.

nats24
4/9/15

The site is just absolutely awful. I forgot my password, and trying to get it reset is a struggle.
First, can't do it from a phone or iPad, gotta be a pic.
Second, once you get the email and manage to get it reset, the site will tell you that is too many attempts at login. To try again later!!! I've never seen so many stupid things in a single site EVER.
Don't buy anything from it, you'll never be able to redeem it!!!

jerryc48
4/7/15

When Restaurant.com started they had a good inventory of restaurants. Now, it appears that their inventory has shrunk to, marginal at best, restaurants. What is worse, they do not email nor notify users when restaurants drop the service.

Went to a restaurant in the SF Bay area last night, coupon was declined. Owner took my coupon and called it in to Restaurant.com to remind them that they no longer used the service. Pretty embarrassing.

I want to get my money back for my existing coupons but you can only transfer the coupons to other mediocre restaurants.

Their website has no contact phone numbers.

jll2
3/30/15

I bought two $25 certificates from them initially and just to found out later that the restaurant wouldn't except them. Now restaurant.com wouldn't refund my money any more!!!

mm121
3/25/15

Purchased coupon then the restaurant closed a few weeks later they wouldn't give the money back or use it towards another one. They ignored repeated emails for assistance. they kept the money! Losers!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever!

richarda64
3/22/15

It works as advertised - prices are great but you need to check the restricts; certificates require minimum bill which usually excludes booze, some are good only on weekdays, etc. Web page is not very usuer friendly, instructions could be much better, etc. Specials E-mailed at least weekly, I once paid 1.40 for a $25 coupon (free steak dinner for my wife!), and some $5 coupons for $. 40. I have used about 16 certificates during the past.18 months in 3 different states with only one problem (restaurant closed, however it was easy to exchange the certificate for another one in the same area) I have 5 more in my smart phone just waiting for me!,

Tip for consumers: Call ahead to make sure of location, hours, etc. as info changes.

shirleyg20
3/19/15

Went to Coopers Hawk to an Astra Zeneca meeting on 3/18/2015. From the minute we walked in the door the two waitress were very rude. They acted like it was a burden to have to serve us and also told us that we couldn't order our steaks cooked any way but medium. The never filled our wine glasses the way they were suppose to and never brought us any boxes for carry out. This is bad business and I would certainly think with manners such as this and the poor customer that they will not get our business again.

graces34
3/8/15

Now I see the other reviews with one star and see that I am not the only one. The printout shows the $25 and the name of the restaurant and I even called in advance at restaurant.com before taking my friend to the restuarant to make sure that indeed it is still on record and valid, doing my added due diligence and restaurant.com confirmed the certificate was indeed still good, as it has not expiration date and that the certificate validation number was still active. I go to the restaurant and they say they cannot accept the certificate because in their system it shows the at the certificate was "never issued" from restaurant.com. The restaurant ended up honoring the certificate afterall, but this was an embarrassment and reflects many others here also relaying a similar scam type of experience.

unhappyr
3/6/15

This company called my restaurant and spoke to a server, asking for address verification. We get these calls a lot for people trying to find us, so she didn't think much of it. Within days, a coupon was up on their website and people were presenting them, as they had PAID for them, expecting to be able to redeem them. When I called to request that they take it down, they said she had authorized it. Then they went on a five minute spiel about how I "didn't understand the value" they provided and it was clear to me what had most likely happened with her. Their sales pitch is one that makes it impossible to say no unless you just hang up. Zero stars. Zero trust. Will do zero business with these people. Ever.

kaylener1
3/1/15

We got our "gift certificates" from making a purchase of at least $75 at Motherhood Maternity. We searched the store to find items we really didn't need to hit that amount because receiving $50 in gift cards to restaurants sounded logical. The choices of restaurants are lame and there is only about 1 or 2 options local otherwise you have to drive over an hour to find one of the restaurants listed. We used our first one at a bar/restaurant that does not serve good food at all. It was a joke - only served pizza and appetizers. We had to spend at least $50 to get the $25 off. So we bought two pizzas to take home and a bunch of appetizers. NOT worth the money at all and this whole service is a rip off. Wish I could give less than a star.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

truthh2
2/27/15

I have made two gift certificate purchases from restaurant.com and both restaurants told me they did not authorize or told restaurant.com to take them off of their website. After so much frustration and anger from the merchants they reluctantly honored my coupon. BUYER BEWARE!!! This can't be a well honorable legit site for discounts if the merchants are not on board.

joelb41
2/15/15

I have used many of the coupons and they were all accepted with no problems and I got exactly what I expected. They are a GREAT deal but you have to understand the restrictions for each coupon and decide if it works for you. I am not interested in going to the vast majority of their restaurants but there are a few we like and a very small number that we like a lot. For those we love the savings are big and it works great. I have never used the "specials", a lot of which are combo theater / dinner deals, because they don't work the same way as the regular coupons. They are much more restricted in where you go and what you get and other reviews confirm they apparently misleading and disappointing.

Tip for consumers: Read the restrictions for the regular coupons (frequently not good on weekends and virtually all have minimum purchases) and wait for the sales. If there is a restaurant you like and you can live with the restrictions, saving $25 for a $4 coupon is really a great deal. Stay away from the “specials" which are highly restrictive and apparently misleading.

radarl
2/12/15

This is a HORRIBLE company. Without going into full detail, RDC stole $200+ of my money on Broadway show tickets under the sub-company Specials by Restaurants.com. In short, the tickets never arrived and I was given false promise that they would be at will call. They were not. The venue informed me that I had been ripped off and I ultimately purchased new tickets at the window as this was a birthday gift for my mother. The following are the steps I took which ultimately led to my full refund despite their efforts not to.;

I started a social media campaign on behalf of myself. They did NOT like that but they were still not backing down. I also started an email war to fight for my funds back and informed them I would be opening a case with my credit card company (which I did). Still they were not phased. It was not UNTIL I filed a case with the BBB and The state of Texas Attorney General that they relented. Let me tell you the money was refunded within the day at that point. Sure, it took diligence on my part, but I do NOT like to be conned and will battle until I win. Which I did. I urge you to do the same. All of these steps are fairly easy to do and RDC needs to learn the error of their ways and fix their company practices.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. JUST GOOGLE THEIR NAME AND IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THEIR SERVICES AFTER READING THE REVIEWS THEN YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AS I WAS.

janets24
2/12/15

Fraud! Criminals!....for starters. And honestly think it gets worse from there.
Even their language is fraudulent. "gift certificates" are NOT what they sell, it's COUPONS.
Which fine, call it THAT.
A "gift certificate" does NOT come with qualifying conditions & restrictions to use (no drinks, no weekends, certain menus.... or worse, DOUBLE the amt spent to redeem).
But no, the WORST part of all this is throughout their nefarious & criminal conduct, they have NO customer service & trust me on this, they WILL steal your money. Just don't say someone didn't warn you.
They give ONLY credit (which isn't worth the paper...er..email ...it's written on) when you then find you have to spend FAR more (it suddenly jumps from 35 to $50 so worse terms) at places FAR more distant (if finding anything at all). It's beyond a bad joke, they truly are evil criminals getting away with it.
OH and you will also learn, no surprise, their sales force is equally complicit given more than HALF of the COUPONS won't be honored as owner & managers let you know (in NO uncertain terms. Poor struggling restaurants often pulling their hair out over this company's shenanigans! ) they NEVER even signed a contract with them! No lie.....I hear this again & again. Initially had to suspect merchant but repeated experience teaches you otherwise.
So they are also duped it seems. If it were ONE merchant, I'd say maybe a mistake but when it's almost ALL, you know there's---what else?--- a slimy salesperson involved.

And also that is the culture of this operation & what they are taught to do. They do NOT take restaurants down once you've told them many times over they said "no"! No even if & when they call to learn the truth. Why? Because they want to lie to us all & sell more.
NO INTEGRITY!!
STAY FAR away!!

AND bit of further advice.....do let the BBB know how unacceptable this shady operation is.
They even (truly!) STOLE my credits. I had $125 gift certificate (yeah, COUPON) due to places ALL closing down or refusing to honor deal, that POOF.......credit just disappeared one day. Not that I could find a home or use for them, still that was MY money!
They replied "oh, sorry we don't SEE that, you probably used it & forgotten"....HUH?
well NO, I keep close records, I am NOT stupid......
NO I didn't.
But you know what, it doesn't matter, karma's a $#*! & eventually they will get what's coming to them. God knows they deserve it now. Least that is my hope here.

Honestly I am passionate due to being robbed.
DO not put yourself through their headache. MUCH safer to reward living social & other websites who also offer deals on restaurants (IF you want or need to save).
Whatever profit they make... it's dirty money --unscrupulous, unethical & pitiful. And worse, I truly believe they fully know this. I'd guess laugh all the way to the bank.
This business makes me sick. Those that profit in such manner need to be stopped

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angiel11
2/9/15

Purchased a restaurant.com specials package that was to include theater tickets and a restaurant.com e gift card. Never received e gift card. Contacted 3 times by email with no response. Love how there is no phone number to contact customer service. Wont be ordering ever again.

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

brandonp14
1/30/15

Ordered two $15 gift certificates and paid a total of $12. Went to one of the listed restaurants for lunch with 3 other buddies. Good food; no problem having them accept the certificate. According to the rules you can only use one certificate per month, so will have to wait a month to go again. It is a bit of a clumsy system, but we did save a few $$. Printed the certificate on line as soon as I purchased it, which was a good feature.

charliea15
1/24/15

It's a scam. The process works but you don't save any money. You must pay full price and the minimum purchase is double the coupon value. I ended up paying the same amount as I would have if I didn't use the coupon. The web site is complicated and not easy to redeem "certificates" to buy "vouchers" to print out, or display on your phone.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time.

annb33
1/20/15

I had purchased Restaurant.com certificates many times through the years, but have found them not to be a reputable company in the last year especially when after purchasing certificates finding out the Restaurants do not participate in the program anymore when trying to redeem them. I contacted Restaurant.com by email for they do not provide a phone number staffed by a human being, instead receiving a generic response not even answering my questions. I feel totally SCAMMED for I had 4 pages on my account of unredeemed certificates 6 months ago and when I looked today over 80% of them are gone with them giving me no explanation of where they are! They are SCAMMERS!! DO NOT PURCHASE CERTIFICATES!!

Tip for consumers: TIPS- DO NOT USE !
WILL NOT RATE FOR THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE STARS !

michaels233
1/18/15

this is horrible; they are making $ off of selling discount gift "referral" cards. the restaurant has hopes of increasing customer traffic. the recipient is inconvenienced with having to look for restaurants on the website. the restaurants all want you to spend 50% of the value of the gift "referral" card. in other words, mine was $100, and the restaurants want me to spend $50. A gift cad does not work that way. I should be able to choose where i want to go; or at least go where the gift card states and not be FORCED to spend any $$ if i don't want to.

sarahm76
1/15/15

Restaurant.com is full of phony baloney. The certificates are full of exceptions. You can get a $25 cert., but you must buy $50 in food. The restaurants that are in the system are terrible. One is NYC was dirty and too expensive for what it was, and I cancelled the cert. I am so unhappy with this organization that I wish I could get the $ returned to E-Rewards as I will never use these certificates. This company should be ashamed of their service.

Tip for consumers: Do Not use Restaurant.com - you'll be sorry if you do.

franchessam
1/14/15

I used restaurants.com to redeem points from another site, so I didn't actually put any money into them. If it wasn't for the fact that my points were stuck I probably wouldn't have used them at all. They do have most of their fine print listed before you purchase the certificates, but it's a little confusing. You can't use for than one certificate at a time, you have to spend a certain amount of money at the restaurant to use the certificate, and they aren't always available for the listed places. I bough two $10 certificates for pizza, but wanted saw I could exchange them if I wanted and I found a place I'd never been and wanted to try. That process was reasonable, but still a bit confusing and the customer service person was helpful enough. Apparently you have to enter new codes from the exchange to get the money back into your account. Anyways, I now had two $10 certificates to two different pizza places. I tried to use one this past weekend and it was mess. First, you can't use the online ordering method, which means asking a million questions over the phone about pizza prices and most of the online specials aren't available. But apparently that isn't a big deal because you can't use them on the specials at all. The certificate itself is a discount so it can't be applied to any other discounts. It does in fact say that in small print on the bottom of the certificate, though I'm not sure where it was listed before I purchased the certificate. But I was determined to use it and eventually, with the help of a couple dedicated employees I got something that I probably could have gotten for about the same price with their current specials. The boron line is these certificates aren't the same as gift cards. They're coupons. Restaurant.com is selling over priced coupons worn all of the restrictions of coupons and none of the ease of gift cards. Don't do it!

Tip for consumers: They're over priced coupons, don't do it!

bridgetv2
1/10/15

I'll never fall for any of their deals again. Got a $50 restaurant.com gift card for signing up with an electric company. Sounded like nice deal. Not! Turns out had to redeem for 2 $25 vouchers that could only be used one per month and after reading all fine print turned out you had to spend $50 to use one voucher. Restaurant was ok, but not somewhere we have been in the 25 years we have lived here and we won't go back due to the stupid voucher!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

barbaraf20
1/5/15

At this point, I might review this sight at "0" if I could. I have enjoyed some meals for a deal, but when I have had a problem, they are impossible to reach. I have literally spent an hour on hold as I needed to get my money back for spending $40 on a deceptive add for Hilton Hotel coupon that was supposed to be worth $500. When I purchased it, it would only give me a slight discount on a full rate room per visit. So this was a sad purchase that I am unable to use. I am still trying to get my money back but can't reach them online or by phone!

Tip for consumers: READ THE FINE PRINT!!

thomasc67
12/30/14

Have had several that I purchased to different places and none of them belong to this web site. So lesson learned will never buy another!!!

jasonw75
12/30/14

As a business owner I have delt with alot of businesses and there customer support. Restaurant.Com was by far the worse company to deal with and they do not understand business ethics.

dawnm34
12/28/14

My family and I recently visited Orange County Choppers cafe in Ny...the food was just ok...people that were seated at least 15 min before us were waiting at least for 10 min longer than we did for our food and we waited about half hr and only got burgers ( there were 4 of us ) the food that was done waiting for pick up by the servers was sitting 15 min before being brought out to the tables and no heat lamps to keep it warm. The best thing was the dead bugs in the big round light right above our table. Nothing to brag about.

karlm25
12/26/14

a bit confusing on how to use, it states:
$25 gift certificate -$10
Minimum purchase $50
No customer service appears available, there is a 1-800 number (although not on their website) and it is for Restaurant.com, however you will remain on hold and no one will ever talk to you. I am glad that I did not pay for this service as it seems like this would not be worth purchasing.
Only a few restaurants show up as available, one on my list closed the doors years ago. Not sure how many more years this company will be in business, doesn't seem to be good for either side of their customers (restaurants or patrons)

waltere1
12/17/14

I purchased 2 gift cards from "restaurant.com" on Dec. 24,2013, one for my sister and family, and one for my brother and family. They were $100 gift cards for $40. I asked my siblings to let me know how it went, because I wanted to know if these would work. They mentioned nothing for a year, and finally I asked my sister what happened. She said that both tried to redeem them and couldn't. She said she tried 3 major cities in the Iowa-Minnesota area, and they couldn't find a restaurant that would take them. I've sent an email to them 2 days ago, a year later now, (12/15/14) and have not heard from them yet. After reading the reviews on SiteJabber, I would love, but don't expect a refund. It sure appears that this site is a scam for the unknowing person. I would not ever use their services again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. Give cash.

debt5
12/17/14

follow up to review by Cass R. (on specials @ restaurant.com offering the Hotelandresortcard.com discounted e-gift certificates ($40.00 for $400.00 worth of e-gifts)

Hey wish I had read your review before I bought. It gets worse for me... I stupidly booked a hotel room thru them & they immediately charged my cc. I read & looked at the fine print on the page of my confirmation and it said it could be cancelled within 72 hours. I cancelled and after a few days my credit came thru on the cc BUT minus $25.00. Contacted HotelandResortCard & they referred me to their terms which said may charge a $25.00 fee. You would have thought that it would have been spelled out on the booking page wouldn't you. I too have requested a refund from specials @ restaurant.com but haven't heard back. So it looks like I may be out of $65.00!! BTW, I was suppose to receive a $30 credit on booking by their standards but only received a discount of $18.72! HRAC indicated that the hotel charged the fee, I called & they looked @ my cancellation and said they did not charge a fee~ Totally bummed...

UPDATE: Since posting this morning regarding my experiences. I have had responses from someone at HotelandResortCard and another email from their supervisor indicating that they would be refunding the $25.00 fee in 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to update this site to let all know that they were willing to listen to problems/complaints and deserve a kutos in doing so. I appreciate their efforts in making me a satisified customer.

Tip for consumers: Rely on your gut feeling...it's 99.9999999% right most of the time.

pattyl8
12/11/14

If I could give a -1 I would. I have been a member for a few years and due to travel, family obligations and other events have not been able to use certificates before they expire. I have so many times to exchange certificates and am so frustrated to constantly encounter "out of stock" notices. I have even logged on the day when a certificate has allegedly been restocked and none available...what kind of bate and switch company is this? this company sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: do not bother..... Few offerings and constant "out of stock " or dishonored deals. I am sorry I ever signed up.

bedfords6
12/8/14

I bought a certificate for a local Chinese restaurant this afternoon. I printed the certificate and went to the restaurant immediately. There was a sign on the door: "We do not accept Restaurant.com certificates." I spoke with the cashier who said that they had vever authorized Restaurant.com to offer certificates. Looks like a scam to me.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy anything from Restaurant.com.

karenr47
12/8/14

My daughter purchased two expensive "orchestra" seats for a theatre show for my birthday. Tickets never arrived and then they said they would leave in will call despite their notice "no will call". Seemed shady at that point too. But the CSR just said we will have them for you at will call no problem..if you have any problems, please call this number. When we arrived at "will call" the tickets were not available. Happy Birthday!! Wow you are sorry people for running a business like this. I hope TUTS cancels you from purchasing any ticket blocks of seats. This was sold under Specials@Restaturant.com in Houston.
BTW...Hobby Center - TUTS was Awesome and we were accommodated. Can't say enough good about their CSR's.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE!! Don't purchase seats for theatre shows either. They are a very poor company, and do not send the tickets you pay for and pay extra to ship them to you.

cassr
12/5/14

Bought "$40 for a $400 Hotel and Resort eGift Card Featuring Hilton Hotels World Wide" from specials.restaurant.com.
When I tried using this gift card at hotelandresortcard.com to book my $400 hotel, they were charging for $45 from my gift card and rest all i have to pay from my credit card. It was feeling like being fooled and send email to restaurant.com to take gift card back and return my money.
They said they cant give my money back instead they give another gift card.

Big scam run by Special.restaurant.com and hotelandresortcard.com, I lost my $40.

Tip for consumers: Read offer details, terms and condition, e.t.c..
Stay away from business who are not willing to refund your money.

jayn64
12/5/14

Restaurant.com has NO customer service! I had two restaurant certificates that I tried to exchange and the credit appeared then disappeared bevore I cpuld exchange them for another restaurant and they are nowhere to be found. Basically the site stole $35.00 from
Me and I cannot get any help. I have sent numerous emails and I rceive the same automated response telling me how to redeen exchamges. i already k ow now to redeem exchanges but they do no ho or their end. They stole my mo ey and have no i tention of refunding me. I will never purchase from this so called company again.

herby1
12/1/14

Stay away from Restaurant.com. I had purchased $500 worth of gift codes. Restaurant.com invalidated all my gift codes and are showing "There is no credit remaining on the gift code you entered". Because I have had these saved for over two years they deemed that I didn't need them any more. This company will intentionally steal your money. Don't walk away, run away from Restaurant.com. Bottom line is that if you trust strangers with your credit card then go ahead and use this company, because they will steal from you.

Tip for consumers: Dishonest company, they will void all you gift codes making then useless

pr1726
11/30/14

This is legally not a scam but it is worthless. I purchased certificates to cash my expiring frequent flyer mileage. That was almost two years ago. I used only one of the certificates so far. Even though I had numerous certificates for the same restaurant they accepted only one per table even on a high bill. The number of the participating restaurants is very low and many of them discontinued the relationship with Restaurant.com. I received emails to change the affected certificates but I was unable to do so because I did not find any restaurant I liked close by.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this!

aaronf23
11/25/14

Where are the negative stars? STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!!!!!!!!!

This all started on Oct 1st 2014 when I moved to a new home 80 miles away from my old stomping grounds. At this point in time I logged into my restaurant.com account and attempted to exchange the certificates for restuarants in my old neighborhood with ones in the new area I am living in. After several failed attempts to exchange certificates following the procedures outlined on restuarant.com's help section I chalked it up to the website having a glitch. A week later I came back to try again, still no luck, two weeks later, three weeks later still no luck. So november rolls around I try a couple more times off and on and still nothing. So I utilize the help contact on the restaurant.com website, explain my situation in detail on 11.24.2014, hilghlighting the fact that I had followed the instructions on how to exchange a certificate multiple times and that it was not working. Shortly after I sent the help request I was sent a reply by somebody named Ashley Lanham, the reply was nothing but a carbon copy of the istructions posted on the website on how to exchange certificates. The very same instructions I had followed and had informed the company that I had followed them in an attempt to exchange. I responded to Ashley Lanham on 11.24.2014 explaining all this again and never received anything further. On 11.25.2014 I sent another email to restaurant.com stating everything that had already happened and that the exchange function was not working, I took the time to highlight the fact that I had already tried this multiple times and that it still was not working and even attatched the previous emails. They responded on 11.25.2014 with nothing other than the instructions posted on their site for exchanging certificates. So I logged onto the BBB and found their phone number and contacted them by phone on 11.25.2014 and spoke to a person who called himself Raul. I explained to Raul that I wanted a refund and I was tired of the games his company was playing, I informed him that I needed to speak to a supervisor. Raul told me that his supervisor was not in and that they had a no refund policy, but I should feel free to utilize the website to exchange the certificates. I then told Raul that I did not believe that a business would be in operation with no supervisor, and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, the boss or the owner of the company as I was certain that he was not the end all be all of company decisions. I was placed on hold. Raul came back on and stated his boss was in a meeting, I then asked Raul why he had told me that there was no supervisor there and then immediately changed it to my boss is in a meeting. He responded with " you never asked for a supervisor, you just told me you wanted to talk to my boss or the owner." Good job Raul, you fail at customer serivce by the way. Raul also refused to provide me with a direct link to a supervisor, said he did not have a phone number, and there was no way for me to speak with them. Raul would also not provide a name of a supervisor. Put on hold again. Raul then informed me that he had talked to his boss and they were waiting to hear from me. I then asked him to transfer me, he said no and that I should email them at myboss@resaurant.com. He said again they were waiting for me to contact them, I said ok transfer me then to their phone. At this point in time Raul was kind enough to transfer me to an extension with a pre recorded message stating that restaurant.com was closed and to call back during normal business hours. Strange since I called them during there normal business hours.

Your Desired Resolution:
In my eyes there is nothing this company can do to make this right other that refund me 100%. I have no desire to deal with this company any more as they possess absolutely no customer service skills at all. They blindly relpy to help emails obviously not reading anything their customers are writing. Their customer support phone line operators, in my first hand experience are nothing more than liars and game players. To me this business is now nothing more than a way to scam people out of their hard earned money. Right now my opinion is that they are thieves, and they have stolen from me as they took money for a service they are now not willing to honor.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE RESTAURANT.COM!!!!!

emilyh26
11/16/14

I run a small restaurant in MD, our business recently started getting certificates from this site, after checking online I see that our business is up on their site and they are selling gift certificates without our authorization. We are attempting to contact them but no response as of yet.

jamest81
11/13/14

I wish I had read those online reviews before getting 3 certificates from a reward program. I had no problems using the first $10 cert at a Shabu-Shabu restaurant after calling first to confirm they do accept the cert. The next $15 cert cannot be used since that Mexican restaurant changed the management and was closed. The 3rd one was a $25 cert at a Japanese restaurant and the restaurant had confirmed they would honor the certificate before I brought my guests there. However, after the meal of $55, they told me this certificate has become invalid since the day it was issued. I tried to call the 800 number, but they don't have a live person to take your call or a msg box to take your msg. I then wrote an email to Restaurant.com and there has been no response. This business model cannot and should not succeed without a major overhaul. It's unlikely that I will use them again based on my poor experience.

timothyp15
11/11/14

"I would never trust restaurant.com again. I tried two restaurants on here, Beijing and Tokyo and Alan's of Boscawen restaurant. Both restaurants did not honor this restaurant.com certificate!! Buyer beware!"

stevem142
10/31/14

The complete lack of any customer service and the website's constant failure to hold information makes this the worst possible way to spend you time or money.

The certificate I got for $100 was deleted at least 6 times and I have only been able to use it once.

RUN! RUN!! RUN AWAY!!!!

Tip for consumers: RUN! RUN!! RUN AWAY!!!!

jakec27
10/24/14

Don't bother. Consistently when I have attempted to use a certificate, the restaurant states they no longer accept them.

I think both restaurant owners and restaurant.com are equally at blame here.

richardd51
10/23/14

Why is it that some of these internet sites no longer provide a customer service number to talk to a live person? I have an issue with a prepaid gift card and it takes days to hear back from them (if at all). Their service has deteriorated and while in the past had no issues, I would currently be hard pressed to by another voucher from them.

joes442
10/16/14

Ordered tickets to pippin. And was til on phone the seats were 'premium balcony'. I asked what that meant and the cust.svc rep said "first three rows of balcony". (this was a couple months ago when they used to take xalls, Which they no longer do). The tickets were mailed to me and finally arrived showed 10 days before our performance date. They were 2nd to last row in balcony. I wouldn't have purchased had I known that.

After sending several emails explainimg and letting them know we won't be using the tickets and asking for credit, I have not received any responses.

I am done w restaurant.com

Tip for consumers: Terrible customer svc. They mislead. Stay away.

glennt12
10/11/14

Real good savings if you can actually redeem. The issue is that a lot of the coupons go expired quickly and sometimes the restaurants won't take them during peak hours. you need to ask them prior to arriving if they accept. if you can use the coupon, then use this all the time because the savings are amazing.

kellyt20
10/4/14

Technical difficulties made it difficult to even get started. Then customer service only got worse. I have requested a refund from Living social. Beware, do not purchase big time scam and horrible customer service.

Three times now I have tried and entered the number from living social, three times the credit showed up but then disappeared when I would try to check out the shopping cart. I am sorely disappointed in the website functionality and the poor representation for customer service. Clearly you did not read nor respond to the concerns that I expressed. I will be requesting a refund from Living social and leaving reviews every where I can find so that others may be warned about your garbage business practices.
Kelly

jayh34
10/3/14

I purchased a R.Com for a semi local joint. Drove ten miles only to find out the place had been out of business for 4 months. E-mailed them and was credited my 15.00 towards a separate voucher, wouldn't just add it back to my original and they cannot be combined now. Also let them know 4 months ago this place was closed but yet they still continue to sell them. Also after doing the math, you are basically paying ie.. 15.00 to spend 30.00 and get half off.. seems to me you are still paying full price and may be buying more than you want to meet the minimum.. Neat little scam trying to ride Groupons tails, who is a legit way to dine out at a discounted price/

Tip for consumers: DON'Y

path47
10/3/14

Really bad customer service. The site gives you an option to exchange gift cards, however my credit for those cards are no where to be found. No response from Restaurant.com customer service. Save your monies and go through Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Use Groupon or Entertainment books. Using this company is seriously like throwing money out the window. If you have an issue with your certificate, oh well, no help from customer service.

gregf18
9/30/14

LIGHTING YOUR MONEY ON FIRE AND WATCHING IT BURN IS A BETTER VALUE

Redeemed 500 miles for a 25 dollar certificate code I cannot redeem because restaurant.com says the code is invalid. Neither they or United offer any customer support in this matter, but at least United allows you to contact them. Restaurant.com is a complete joke. F☆☆K YOU GUYS!

Tip for consumers: Don't.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What happens if they are using my restaurant name with out my permission?
2/14/13
shirleyu
A: I've had mixed experiences. Though I thoroughly read the terms and conditions, my last experience was bad. After emailing and phoning restaurant.com to double-check that this specific restaurant participated in their program, I bought a certificate, only to find out after the meal that the restaurant would not accept the certificate. It turns out that the establishment's owner was in a lawsuit with restaurant.com. Not only was it embarrassing, I ended up spending unexpected extra money.

I believe that Restaurant.com should take down any restaurant with which it is legally wrangling. The consumer ends up being the one hurt. And the restaurant gets in a pickle, too. As far as I'm concerned, since I adhered to all the terms and double-checked with restaurant.com on the restaurant's participation and since they did not remove the restaurant from their site after complaints and a lawsuit began, the management at restaurant.com is at fault…especially if they refuse to reimburse my out-of-pocket meal costs (from what I've heard, that won't happen).

If I were to ever buy a certificate from them again, I'd certainly phone the restaurant beforehand. However, in my location, most of the restaurants appear to be on the low end, so that is not likely to happen. The restaurant in the lawsuit is more upscale.
11/11/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I have $135 worth of gift cards that I need combined. I've been a customer for a number of years, but have noticed in the last month or so there is no customer service # on site anymore.
1/2/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Restaurant.com?
Click here to post a review