US Government's NSF

13%
Categories: Coupons, Deal, Dining
1500 West Shure Drive, Suite 200, Suite 200
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004, USA

People interested in Restaurant.com are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jakec27

So how then did I manage to obtain a gift certificate with the restaurant's name and logo? (in 63 reviews)

richardd51

Why is it that some of these internet sites no longer provide a customer service number to talk to a live person? (in 34 reviews)

pc1

As an example we used one yesterday that was a $25 gift card for $2. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

roberts270
7/27/15

Recently I purchased a certificate and the restaurant told me that they don't honor it. I asked for a refund from Restaurant. com, but was told that they don't give refunds even when the certificate that they sold ('good forever") is not any good. They offered an exchange, but I want' my money back. By the way, the certificate was purchased only 36 days ago when it was dishonored by the restaurant. A wasted trip to a very expensive restaurant that cost much more than I had anticipated. I would not hove gone there had I known. Beware all of you out there.

deem50
7/23/15

Purchased Restaurant.com special for theater ticket and $50 restaurant.com gift card. (Meal and a play right?). The gift card ended up being for wine.com (hello... We don't drink) AND to redeem you had to make a substantial minimum purchase first. This is junk. They don't provide customer service support... I wanted to exchange.. And no where in the "small print" did it indicate that in order to use the gift card you'd have to put out an additional 30% or that it would be for some non restaurant entity. I will NEVER use restaurant .com again

wandac11
7/14/15

I have only attempted to use Restaurant.com "gift certificates" at four (4) different restaurants. Two of the restaurants do not used them anymore, and the other two each charge $10 to $20 fee to accept the gift certificates. I don't get the point of the service since, as a consumer, I paid for the gift certificates and they were pretty much worthless.

julien220
7/8/15

Bummed.
I first bought some certificates in April, 2010 and could honestly say that I've only "used" them twice. Each time, worked great. But, I missed the fine print on some purchases, so I contacted them back in 2010 and they "gladly" gave me a credit, which they said would never expire. Yes, I have the emails as proof.

My $175 credit has been on their books for the last 5 years because I just can't find anything I want to use it on. There are tons of limitations on many of the restaurants that are listed.

One restaurant told me that they kept telling restaurants.com that they wanted to cancel their offer, (but it still appears) so they wouldn't/couldn't honor my certificate.

I emailed them three times to try to receive my $175 back. After all, they've had it for 5 years! but... no response to date. So I'm giving it one more try to get a response from them and mailing them a copy of my email to their US mailing address.

Then, I Googled "is restaurants.com legit"... and got here. Boo. Guess that was an expensive dinner we had back in 2010. Not happy.

prvacyw
7/6/15

For a web-dependent system and service, it's the crappiest site and code I've ever run into, and as a result, it eats credits and funds despite the claim (never expires).

Thieves, pure and simple. It's not a mistake, that's just what they are. Stay away.

cristinab8
7/6/15

Am the owner of one of the restaurant name here . And i havent put any offer in this website and i get customer tellig me about the discount name here under my restaurant name 107 taqueria this is a scam. I didnt allowed any offers or discount coupons.

huyenl
7/3/15

I have two unused gift certificate not shown on my account. I have complained with the company several times but still do not have any resolution.

emilyj29
7/2/15

Could not access the site to access the gift certificates and when I went to use them I couldn't use them for take out which is not mentioned on the restaurant.com at all.

njb
7/2/15

All my certificates are missing! I paid for them and now my account shows ZERO certificates??

surfr
6/26/15

recently restaurant.com sent out an offer for $100 restaurant egift card and 2 free movie tickets through www.emoviecashreward.com

1st - trying to get the egift card was an exercise in frustration, though apparently the card is in my account now, so given the number of restaurants that refuse to use restaurant.com, I can only hope I can use it.

2nd - after redeeming the emoviecashreward.com codes, and printing the tickets, the tickets were denied by the (valid AMC) theater.

I was really interested in the free tickets, and any food offer was a bonus.... restaurant.com has continued to basically say since the movie ticket codes were 'redeeemed' there is nothing more they can do.

My claim to them is that their business partner denied "payment" on the printed tickets... the theater was willing to accept them, but the system showed they were "denied".

So how is that my problem now? It's restaurant.com and emoviecashreward.com's problem to resolve.

Bottom line: stay away from restaurant.com. Much more hassle than they're worth.

Even redeeming any egift card etc is a hassle.

And you have no recourse once you've given them your money.

---

followup from the emoviecashreward.com site is that the cashier needed to "type" the code in, and not scan (she did scan then type) and that I had to prepay the difference in the ticket price and the max $12 prior to her trying to validate (she read the instructions and I assume she did try to validate the max $12 that was stated on the paper).

So, who knows? Buyer beware with these sites. I wouldn't recommend using either.

dl65
6/23/15

- Closed restaurants on the site.
- Thirty minute or more waits to contact - if you can get through.
- Lack of variety/new restaurants.
- Used to be good, has gone downhill in the past year.
- Value is good if you don't count what you lose in time when there is a problem.

Tip for consumers: Truly consider if it is worth it. If I didn't get a great deal a few years ago (still using those dollars), I would never use this site.

sherryp13
6/23/15

Purchased a deal to a restaurant I wanted to try. Upon arriving at the restaurant, I told my server I had a coupon. IMMEDIATELY he asked if I had purchased it from Restaurant.com and apologized for the site's misleading advertisement. He told me they would not be able to accept the coupon and that the manager had decided to pull all coupons for the restaurant off of the web because they have had so many people complain about it. I will NOT use Restaurant again. Period.

heatherr33
6/22/15

When I first started using them years ago, they were worth it. But not anymore. For the most part, they only get brand new businesses that are desperate to make it, but then don't, so if you get a certificate, use it fast. They will exchange it for another restaurant, but it's just not that good of a selection. On top of that, they make you spend $20 in order to use a $10 certificate, $30 for a $15 and $50 for a $25. And if they'd hire real employees to sell it to new restaurants, they might do a better job. In order to sell them to new restaurants, you have to pay almost $300, or up to almost $1100. It's gone way downhill in the last few years.

manuelr19
6/15/15

I wish there was a zero star option or even negative stars. This place is nothing but a scam. The gift certificate I purchased was totally worthless. The restaurant did not accept it and said they knew nothing about restaurant.com.

How can they stay in business ripping off people for so long?
I wish I had seen these reviews before my purchase.

darrens32
6/12/15

I'm a business owner who is harassed daily by Restaurant.com...I tell them I am not interested in being a part of their certificate scam... they call back, and back, and back! Do not pay for these certificates... I called all the local businesses in my area to ask how the certificates work for them, since they are listed as participants...they all said the same thing "we never signed up with them" and they don't honor these gift cert's!!

mimip1
6/9/15

Restaurants closed before I could use
certificates. No help from their robotic email help line
Lost $$$
Wish they had a -1 rating option.

lenaa1
6/9/15

They issued certificate for non-existing place or close-out or do not except it. can't get my money back. waist of time and money

louisd15
6/8/15

Pure scam. Website should be taken off the internet. Paid $20 for restaurant coupons. Website indicated no coupons in my account. Absolutely no response from restaurant.com!!!

minkaf
6/1/15

I had several coupons that simply disappeared off my account.
I have been trying to reach them and got a generic message that they would be responding to my e-mail, but they never did. Do they even really exist?

Tip for consumers: I finally heard back from someone and they told me to look under gift certificates. I found my coupons. Unfortunately they were for restaurants I never bought for and were the wrong amounts ($25 for a frankfurter stand? I don't think so, particularly since I don't eat franks.)
I will continue to sort it out with them. Stay tuned.

rs78
5/31/15

Stay away big rip off
Frequently places are closed when we go there. Wasted lots of gas
They don't maintain their site

aprilw15
5/23/15

There are VERY few quality establishments offering gift cards on this site. And it sucks that even if you buy a $25 gift certificate you still have to order $50 worth of food at the restaurant so you aren't getting away with any sort of deal.

sarahw83
5/22/15

I had a 25 gift certificate. All the restaurants listed i never heard of. I had to purchase 5 seperate $5 certificates for a restaurant onlyvto find i can just use ONE PER DAY!!!! RIP OFF!!!!!!!

stephanies60
5/21/15

This is NO DEAL at all!

First, I got a $25 gift card to redeem at the site. So I logged in and by the next day, they lost my account info. The CS support team is clueless. Eventually, they emailed me later that week and fixed everything.

Second, there are NO restaurants here that I'm remotely interested in. I thought they'd have popular restaurants. I've never heard of the majority of these places.

Third, they are constantly out of stock. I've been waiting for a certificate on a restaurant just down the street since December last year. They just got them in yesterday and today their out of stock again!!!

So finally I cashed in the $25 certificate for two $10 and a $5 certificate at a sushi restaurant (that was all that was available). In the fine print is states that I have to spend $20 for each $10 I spend and $10 for each $5 I spend. So now I have to spend $50 to receive $25 off. And to top it off, I can't use the three certificates together (didn't I receive a $25 certificate to begin with... to spend all at one time?). I can't even use them in the same month. How nuts is this???

restaurant.com - total ripoff!

bills126
5/20/15

Here was the latest big deal from restaurant.com:
"72 Hour Special: $40 for a $1000 Hotel and Resort eGift Card Featuring Hilton Hotels World Wide"
Well, I followed the link that let's you check availability and discount price. I found a place I want to stay. The price was $159.00/night. If I buy the card for $40, then I can use it four times. This time, I could get $40 off the price with a 2-night stay. So I come out even on first use. Pay $40 extra to get $40 back. But, wait, I look up the rate on the Hilton web site, and that rate with AAA discount is only $143.00.

So, why would I bother paying restaurant.com?! I say, "Meh!" 2 stars. I would make it one star, but in theory I could save a bit more by using the card the second, third and fourth times. But when it comes right down to availability and REAL price, this trouble is hardly worth it.

cierak
5/17/15

Creates coupons for business owners without their approval. Many good businesses have had to refuse customers service or have awkward conversations with them. This website should be shut down or have a major adjustment to their B2B relationships.

rickeyo
5/2/15

the pizzahut 4001 4th st n st Petersburg fl are just terrible they don't even use real mozzarella cheese had a robelem 2 months ago thought id give them another chance couldn't even deliver a pizza o my house non helpful driver and manager of the store stay away fro this store bad news

michellel70
4/29/15

Don't believe this for a second!! It's a major rip-off. You get a $500 credit, not a gift card!! That credit is applied ONLY as a very small and minor "discount" on booking the hotel. But the "discount" is not REAL!! You can book direct through the hotel and pay WAY LESS!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!

ch11880
4/23/15

I received two $50.00 gift cards from a windshield replacement service in the Tampa, Fl. area, in October 2014. I have not found a restaurant worth going out to eat at that accepts Restaurant.com as of this date. Don't waste your time or money on Restaurant.com.

julianneg1
4/9/15

Sometimes coupons work, sometimes they don't. Restaurant.com does not respond to any inquiries, even repeated inquiries, and complaints are not responded to at all. There is no way to actually call them, you can only email, and they do not respond. FAIL.

nats24
4/9/15

The site is just absolutely awful. I forgot my password, and trying to get it reset is a struggle.
First, can't do it from a phone or iPad, gotta be a pic.
Second, once you get the email and manage to get it reset, the site will tell you that is too many attempts at login. To try again later!!! I've never seen so many stupid things in a single site EVER.
Don't buy anything from it, you'll never be able to redeem it!!!

jerryc48
4/7/15

When Restaurant.com started they had a good inventory of restaurants. Now, it appears that their inventory has shrunk to, marginal at best, restaurants. What is worse, they do not email nor notify users when restaurants drop the service.

Went to a restaurant in the SF Bay area last night, coupon was declined. Owner took my coupon and called it in to Restaurant.com to remind them that they no longer used the service. Pretty embarrassing.

I want to get my money back for my existing coupons but you can only transfer the coupons to other mediocre restaurants.

Their website has no contact phone numbers.

jll2
3/30/15

I bought two $25 certificates from them initially and just to found out later that the restaurant wouldn't except them. Now restaurant.com wouldn't refund my money any more!!!

mm121
3/25/15

Purchased coupon then the restaurant closed a few weeks later they wouldn't give the money back or use it towards another one. They ignored repeated emails for assistance. they kept the money! Losers!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever!

richarda64
3/22/15

It works as advertised - prices are great but you need to check the restricts; certificates require minimum bill which usually excludes booze, some are good only on weekdays, etc. Web page is not very usuer friendly, instructions could be much better, etc. Specials E-mailed at least weekly, I once paid 1.40 for a $25 coupon (free steak dinner for my wife!), and some $5 coupons for $. 40. I have used about 16 certificates during the past.18 months in 3 different states with only one problem (restaurant closed, however it was easy to exchange the certificate for another one in the same area) I have 5 more in my smart phone just waiting for me!,

Tip for consumers: Call ahead to make sure of location, hours, etc. as info changes.

shirleyg20
3/19/15

Went to Coopers Hawk to an Astra Zeneca meeting on 3/18/2015. From the minute we walked in the door the two waitress were very rude. They acted like it was a burden to have to serve us and also told us that we couldn't order our steaks cooked any way but medium. The never filled our wine glasses the way they were suppose to and never brought us any boxes for carry out. This is bad business and I would certainly think with manners such as this and the poor customer that they will not get our business again.

graces34
3/8/15

Now I see the other reviews with one star and see that I am not the only one. The printout shows the $25 and the name of the restaurant and I even called in advance at restaurant.com before taking my friend to the restuarant to make sure that indeed it is still on record and valid, doing my added due diligence and restaurant.com confirmed the certificate was indeed still good, as it has not expiration date and that the certificate validation number was still active. I go to the restaurant and they say they cannot accept the certificate because in their system it shows the at the certificate was "never issued" from restaurant.com. The restaurant ended up honoring the certificate afterall, but this was an embarrassment and reflects many others here also relaying a similar scam type of experience.

unhappyr
3/6/15

This company called my restaurant and spoke to a server, asking for address verification. We get these calls a lot for people trying to find us, so she didn't think much of it. Within days, a coupon was up on their website and people were presenting them, as they had PAID for them, expecting to be able to redeem them. When I called to request that they take it down, they said she had authorized it. Then they went on a five minute spiel about how I "didn't understand the value" they provided and it was clear to me what had most likely happened with her. Their sales pitch is one that makes it impossible to say no unless you just hang up. Zero stars. Zero trust. Will do zero business with these people. Ever.

kaylener1
3/1/15

We got our "gift certificates" from making a purchase of at least $75 at Motherhood Maternity. We searched the store to find items we really didn't need to hit that amount because receiving $50 in gift cards to restaurants sounded logical. The choices of restaurants are lame and there is only about 1 or 2 options local otherwise you have to drive over an hour to find one of the restaurants listed. We used our first one at a bar/restaurant that does not serve good food at all. It was a joke - only served pizza and appetizers. We had to spend at least $50 to get the $25 off. So we bought two pizzas to take home and a bunch of appetizers. NOT worth the money at all and this whole service is a rip off. Wish I could give less than a star.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

truthh2
2/27/15

I have made two gift certificate purchases from restaurant.com and both restaurants told me they did not authorize or told restaurant.com to take them off of their website. After so much frustration and anger from the merchants they reluctantly honored my coupon. BUYER BEWARE!!! This can't be a well honorable legit site for discounts if the merchants are not on board.

joelb41
2/15/15

I have used many of the coupons and they were all accepted with no problems and I got exactly what I expected. They are a GREAT deal but you have to understand the restrictions for each coupon and decide if it works for you. I am not interested in going to the vast majority of their restaurants but there are a few we like and a very small number that we like a lot. For those we love the savings are big and it works great. I have never used the "specials", a lot of which are combo theater / dinner deals, because they don't work the same way as the regular coupons. They are much more restricted in where you go and what you get and other reviews confirm they apparently misleading and disappointing.

Tip for consumers: Read the restrictions for the regular coupons (frequently not good on weekends and virtually all have minimum purchases) and wait for the sales. If there is a restaurant you like and you can live with the restrictions, saving $25 for a $4 coupon is really a great deal. Stay away from the “specials" which are highly restrictive and apparently misleading.

radarl
2/12/15

This is a HORRIBLE company. Without going into full detail, RDC stole $200+ of my money on Broadway show tickets under the sub-company Specials by Restaurants.com. In short, the tickets never arrived and I was given false promise that they would be at will call. They were not. The venue informed me that I had been ripped off and I ultimately purchased new tickets at the window as this was a birthday gift for my mother. The following are the steps I took which ultimately led to my full refund despite their efforts not to.;

I started a social media campaign on behalf of myself. They did NOT like that but they were still not backing down. I also started an email war to fight for my funds back and informed them I would be opening a case with my credit card company (which I did). Still they were not phased. It was not UNTIL I filed a case with the BBB and The state of Texas Attorney General that they relented. Let me tell you the money was refunded within the day at that point. Sure, it took diligence on my part, but I do NOT like to be conned and will battle until I win. Which I did. I urge you to do the same. All of these steps are fairly easy to do and RDC needs to learn the error of their ways and fix their company practices.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. JUST GOOGLE THEIR NAME AND IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THEIR SERVICES AFTER READING THE REVIEWS THEN YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AS I WAS.

angiel11
2/9/15

Purchased a restaurant.com specials package that was to include theater tickets and a restaurant.com e gift card. Never received e gift card. Contacted 3 times by email with no response. Love how there is no phone number to contact customer service. Wont be ordering ever again.

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

jd89
1/30/15

Any attorneys out there looking for a new class action lawsuit? If so this is the one

brandonp14
1/30/15

Ordered two $15 gift certificates and paid a total of $12. Went to one of the listed restaurants for lunch with 3 other buddies. Good food; no problem having them accept the certificate. According to the rules you can only use one certificate per month, so will have to wait a month to go again. It is a bit of a clumsy system, but we did save a few $$. Printed the certificate on line as soon as I purchased it, which was a good feature.

charliea15
1/24/15

It's a scam. The process works but you don't save any money. You must pay full price and the minimum purchase is double the coupon value. I ended up paying the same amount as I would have if I didn't use the coupon. The web site is complicated and not easy to redeem "certificates" to buy "vouchers" to print out, or display on your phone.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time.

annb33
1/20/15

I had purchased Restaurant.com certificates many times through the years, but have found them not to be a reputable company in the last year especially when after purchasing certificates finding out the Restaurants do not participate in the program anymore when trying to redeem them. I contacted Restaurant.com by email for they do not provide a phone number staffed by a human being, instead receiving a generic response not even answering my questions. I feel totally SCAMMED for I had 4 pages on my account of unredeemed certificates 6 months ago and when I looked today over 80% of them are gone with them giving me no explanation of where they are! They are SCAMMERS!! DO NOT PURCHASE CERTIFICATES!!

Tip for consumers: TIPS- DO NOT USE !
WILL NOT RATE FOR THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE STARS !

michaels233
1/18/15

this is horrible; they are making $ off of selling discount gift "referral" cards. the restaurant has hopes of increasing customer traffic. the recipient is inconvenienced with having to look for restaurants on the website. the restaurants all want you to spend 50% of the value of the gift "referral" card. in other words, mine was $100, and the restaurants want me to spend $50. A gift cad does not work that way. I should be able to choose where i want to go; or at least go where the gift card states and not be FORCED to spend any $$ if i don't want to.

sarahm76
1/15/15

Restaurant.com is full of phony baloney. The certificates are full of exceptions. You can get a $25 cert., but you must buy $50 in food. The restaurants that are in the system are terrible. One is NYC was dirty and too expensive for what it was, and I cancelled the cert. I am so unhappy with this organization that I wish I could get the $ returned to E-Rewards as I will never use these certificates. This company should be ashamed of their service.

Tip for consumers: Do Not use Restaurant.com - you'll be sorry if you do.

franchessam
1/14/15

I used restaurants.com to redeem points from another site, so I didn't actually put any money into them. If it wasn't for the fact that my points were stuck I probably wouldn't have used them at all. They do have most of their fine print listed before you purchase the certificates, but it's a little confusing. You can't use for than one certificate at a time, you have to spend a certain amount of money at the restaurant to use the certificate, and they aren't always available for the listed places. I bough two $10 certificates for pizza, but wanted saw I could exchange them if I wanted and I found a place I'd never been and wanted to try. That process was reasonable, but still a bit confusing and the customer service person was helpful enough. Apparently you have to enter new codes from the exchange to get the money back into your account. Anyways, I now had two $10 certificates to two different pizza places. I tried to use one this past weekend and it was mess. First, you can't use the online ordering method, which means asking a million questions over the phone about pizza prices and most of the online specials aren't available. But apparently that isn't a big deal because you can't use them on the specials at all. The certificate itself is a discount so it can't be applied to any other discounts. It does in fact say that in small print on the bottom of the certificate, though I'm not sure where it was listed before I purchased the certificate. But I was determined to use it and eventually, with the help of a couple dedicated employees I got something that I probably could have gotten for about the same price with their current specials. The boron line is these certificates aren't the same as gift cards. They're coupons. Restaurant.com is selling over priced coupons worn all of the restrictions of coupons and none of the ease of gift cards. Don't do it!

Tip for consumers: They're over priced coupons, don't do it!

bridgetv2
1/10/15

I'll never fall for any of their deals again. Got a $50 restaurant.com gift card for signing up with an electric company. Sounded like nice deal. Not! Turns out had to redeem for 2 $25 vouchers that could only be used one per month and after reading all fine print turned out you had to spend $50 to use one voucher. Restaurant was ok, but not somewhere we have been in the 25 years we have lived here and we won't go back due to the stupid voucher!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What happens if they are using my restaurant name with out my permission?
2/14/13
Answer
johnm329
A: Another dismayed Restaurant.com participant. Join the hundreds if not thousands of consumers who fall prey to their ploy and have been subjected to what you are undergoing time and time again.
6/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I have $135 worth of gift cards that I need combined. I've been a customer for a number of years, but have noticed in the last month or so there is no customer service # on site anymore.
1/2/15
Answer
johnm329
A: And when you call restaurant.com Theresa K or some other staff member will politely tell you, in essence, you don't have any $135 value. They will find a reason but they will suggest you spend more only to loss that too. Be cautious.
6/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Restaurant.com?