US Government's NSF

1st Review:
adams

173 Reviews for Restaurant.com

Review Highlights

There is a minimum purchase of 20 dollars on a ten dollar coupon.

First time, all was perfect and I didn't even meet the minimum.

I just bought a gift certificate for a friend that is unemployed.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/21/14

One week after purchasing two certificates to a restaurant, the restaurant no longer accepted Restaurant.com certificates. I felt this was an inconvenience at most, so I followed R.com's instructions and went to exchange the certificate.

Their site is so poorly constructed that I was able to exchange the certificate without registering my account first -- so I'm not entirely sure where that "eGift" credit went. After I signed up (great, yet another site I have to register on), the credit still was not present.

I am inclined to believe this whole operation is a huge scam. I would NEVER purchase another certificate with Restaurant.com, and if I was given one, just throw it away; it's more than likely useless.

4/21/14

Use this site only if you have unlimited money and time to fit into their slender little window of opportunity. BAD service... run to Groupon.

4/8/14

I'm surprised of all the negative reviews here. I've been using Restaurant.com for years. I've never had a problem, but I have always understood to read any requirements the restaurant may have. Some used to have a minimum amount to spend for each certificate. It was usually twice as much as the certificate was for. A $50 certificate needed to be used on a $100 minimum bill. But some restaurants would just require 2 entrees. Some would exclude alcohol, some wouldn't. Some would exclude days such as holidays.
It was important to read the rules of that particular restaurant before purchasing. They are all clearly stated BEFORE you purchase.
They've recently changed that though. It seems they only have a minimum requirement, and it's not always double the coupon amount, sometimes it's only 1.5%. So it's an even better deal now. As another poster said, I rarely pay the listed prices. I would use a code to get them 60-90% off the price, or just buy them off ebay or other reputable sites.
As for some restaurants not accepting them anymore. Again, it's important to call the restaurant before going to be sure they still accept it and that it won't be a problem. If the restaurant doesn't accept the coupon anymore, restaurant.com makes it super easy to exchange the coupon! Just go to your account and find the certificate, and to the far right of the certificate name just click exchange. Follow the instructions and pick another restaurant at that time, or later.
These are great when on vacation too. I always check when I go to Florida. There are a lot of great places that participate where we go.
If you aren't willing to put the little bit of time in it takes to ensure your coupons will be accepted, just don't use them. But don't critisize the site because you don't understand how it works. They are right up front with all the rules, you just need to read them.
Also, as for customer service.... my first experience with them was a week ago, and they were curteous and friendly. My account was fixed within the hour as they said. And the problem was caused by me, forgetting my password, but never changing the email address from one I no longer had access. And I also had them combine 2 accounts. All done, no problems now!
I give them AAA!

***UPDATED***
I just wrote a review, and now after reading many many more of these horribly negative reviews, I came to the conclusion that a huge majority of these reviews are FAKE. They have been purposely written to trash restaurant.com.
I have been using restaurant.com for YEARS, since 2008. In that time I have only one time had a restaurant no longer accept the coupon. I will usually use my certificates right away though because I know many restaurants only stay in the program a month or two. So if you hold them for months or years, you don't have a big chance of having them accepted. CALL first for any of them. That's all it takes.
Not one place has EVER said they never participated and it's a scam!
NOT ONE IN 6 YEARS!
So all these people claiming scam, and all their certificates are being refused... impossible. I not only use them in my state of Pennsylvania, but also Florida, and the states between here and there. If they were recently purchased they're never refused. For the one "gentleman" claiming he purchased $4,000 of coupons!! Really? Geez. Liar Liar.
I really hope people read the positive reviews and realize all you need to do is read the extremely clear conditions of the coupon you are purchasing. It's not a surprise and you don't find out as you're printing them. It's all up front... JUST READ.
If you still feel that paying about $4 to save at least $25 and possibly $50 off your bill, then don't buy it. BTW, if you purchase them from other sites you can get them even cheaper.
It's a great deal! Don't bellieve these fake reviews!!

4/1/14

The worse site ever! Restaurant .com e gift certificates are a fraud! This site falsely advertise the e gift certificate as if you could really redeem as advertised. They know you would not purchase if you were aware of all the restraints required by the participating restaurants. You do not save money, you actually have to spend more money than you had anticipated in order to use the e gift certificate. Please do not be fooled, Fraud, Fraud, Fraud!!!!!

3/22/14

The coupons offered by restaurant.com do not work at most of the restaurants included in their list. The terms and conditions mentioned on their certificates always differ from what the restaurant agrees upon and a lot of restaurants do not accept their certificates at all claiming that they are no more part of restaurant.com. I would advise confirming with the restaurant before buying any of these certificates to avoid wasting money and time

3/11/14

when I tried to use my $50 food credit it was not there. I called them but they wouldn't do anything. I filled with the BBB and hope everyone else does too. Lets get these scammers shut down!

3/7/14

They offer special deals that don't work. No customers services and lousy Restaurants. Stay away from this place

3/3/14

I agree that calling them gift certificates is a little misleading - they are more like buying coupons. You can buy a $25 coupon (for $10) and it is good towards the purchase of $37.50 or more.

The site makes it very clear that there is a minimum purchase required, and they have for years.

I wouldn't give one of the coupons as a gift -- that's just tacky. For those of you who give it one star based on getting a certificate as a gift from someone -- maybe you should direct your anger towards them for being a cheapskate and giving you a coupon instead of a real gift certificate.

I have never paid full price for a certificate/coupon. They used to have promo codes for 50%-90% off all the time, but not so much anymore. Now I just buy codes from reputable sellers on ebay. I have gotten $100 worth of coupons for like $6 and 10 of the $100 codes for $35 or so. I used a $100 one at a bar the other day on $22 worth of food and about $190 worth of booze. Coupon cost me like $3.50 and saved me $100 -- I already got my money back from the $1000 worth of codes I bought!

3/1/14

Drove to another City to use my certificate to learn that as of March 1st the restaurant no loger accepts the certificates and that I had to contact restaurant.com for a refund. The owner hinted the company is going out of business. I would recommend not buying any new certificates and try and spend any ones you have asap!

2/22/14

A scam. Got it as a gift certificate from one of the parents of the kids I care for, for Christmas. Called the restaurant today to make reservation and when we mentioned we have this gift certificate, they told us they do not accept it anymore. But there is not way to go back to the site to exchange for anything else. By looking at the reviews on this site ,about Restaurant.BOMB, it looks like others have had similar experience.

2/12/14

No integrity! I spent $25 purchasing discount coupons for places that we frequent. They were the only places on the site that we were interested in. Imagine our surprise and dismay when we went to use them and none of the restaurants were participating! The one had big signs all over their doors stating they would not honor ANY restaurant.com issued coupons. I contacted restaurant.com asking for a refund. They wanted proof that the restaurants would not accept them, so I sent pictures of the signage on the doors as proof. After seeing the proof, they then said they would not give me my money back, but that I had to choose other restaurants with my "credit". If I had wanted other restaurants, I would have purchased coupons for them in the first place! The only ones we would use were the ones we purchased. When I explained that fact, they basically said to take a hike. I will NEVER buy from them again. A company that does not stand behind their business is not one that I want to do business with. AVOID!

2/10/14

The site advertised $100 egift card for a restaurant in your area and 2 movie tickets for $30. It is supposedly a Valentines special. I purchased this deal for $30. It was very difficult to even get the info to print my certificates. Once I was able to print them the restaurant certificates printed out in $10 & $25 certificates, totaling $100. Each certificate has a minimum purchase per restaurant and it is double or almost double the amount of your certificate and you can only use 1 certificate per restaurant per month!! I will never purchase any deal like this online again unless the site gives specific details before purchase. I am very disappointed with restaurant.com.

2/6/14

AVOID!!!! AVOID!!!! AVOID! They make it sound SOOO good, but the reality is not so good! The "gift certificates" are nothing more than forcing you to spend more than you would otherwise just to use your "gift certificate." I bought a promotional deal only to discover that I have to spend at least $50 at the restaurant we had hoped to go to just to use the certificate.

2/4/14

I have a new credit of $25 with this company because several years ago I bought a coupon and when we went to the bbq place, they would only accept it if we spent double the $25 and not the $35 it stated, We couldn't eat that much and they didn't allow take-out with coupon. Even though they are a walk-up order and do drop off your food, you get your own drinks, napkins, etc. I was told they still added in the 18% tip as stated on coupon. Needless to say, we left. Now this credit shows up years later, but with my special code, I pay the same for the coupon as its value. Why would I want to hassle with ordering extra food and paying dollar for dollar for a coupon? Some of it was my money in the first place, but I marked it up to a lost cause a long time ago. Restaurant.com may not be a scam, but is definitely a bit shady.

2/3/14

I worked for RDC for less than a year (average length of employment for employees who have integrity). This site is a SCAM. SCAM to the restaurant owners, scam to the people who buy certs. Sales staff does put in unauthorized restaurants because if they don't make their quota, they don't get paid! Worst of all, management and CEO are fully aware of their shady business practices, they just don't care. RDC is a perfect example of corporate greed in today's United States.

2/1/14

OMG- Complete BS and waste of time, I have 100 certs and 4 for Kabob Corner2 in Woodbridge VA - I called Kabob Corner2 and they said we DO NOT taking these gift certs and restaurant.com issuing those gift certificate anyway. this website should shutdown and there must be a legal action against this F'd-up gift certificate website business.

2/1/14

Complete and total scam!! This concept sucks out loud, completely devised to make people feel like they are getting a deal and them making them want to commit suicide while navigating their complicated and set up to be non-user friendly web site.I received a $50.00 "Gift card" as a Christmas present and thought "Wow, how generous" it turns out, it's actually a coupon, because you ALWAYS have to spend out of pocket to use the "gift card" I waited 2 months while the one restaurant within my dining area that I was even remotely interested in going to "refreshed" it's coupons (Due to the fact that that they only allow so many coupons to be redeemed per month-it took me several times on the web-site and then calling the actual restaurant to find out this info), then I woke up at 6am on the first of the month to be sure I would be able to finally redeem my card for a voucher, only to find out out I HAVE TO SPEND $100 DOLLARS TO GET THE $50.00 OFF!!!!!!! WTF???? So now to get my "Christmas present" I have to dish out $50 bucks out of pocket??? DO NOT EVER buy this for anyone as a present. It is a curse. Now let me go back to banging my head against the wall for wasting my time......

1/30/14

I first thought this was great. Used several gift certificates at different restaurants in St. Augustine, FL. Then a local place popped up on their site so i purchased two $25 cards. Tried to use one the next day and was told that the restaurant did not authorize restaurant.com to offer this card and that they were not honoring them. CALL THE RESTAURANT BEFORE PURCHASING THE CARD. For all of the one star reviews that i have read. READ THE ENTIRE PAGE PEOPLE. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS.

1/26/14

i went to the Blackjack pizza located in ( 4850 Chambers Road Denver, CO 80239) in order to redeem my Gift Certificate,but the employee there said that they're no longer accepting the Gift Certificate from Restaurant.com.
i came back home with empty hands and with bad experience.

1/17/14

I saw a restaurant that I normally go to that was on their site. I purchased a couple of $50 gift cards that were significantly discounted. When I went to print the gift card, it said that - 1) it can only be used once, and 2) the purchase must be for $100 or more. I NEVER go with more than one person, so this "gift card" is worth about as much as dirty toilet paper.

1/16/14

I bought several restaurant coupons, mostly $25 for $4 coupons. I bought for 15 different restaurants. Over time the restaurants stop participating or they only accept the $10 ones. I have over $4000 worth the coupons because there's not much around my area anymore. I bought OIP pizza restaurant 2 days ago. I exchanged coupons for 30 $15 off a $22.50 purchase. The very next day, they stop participating. They were in the program less than a month. It's ok to buy a few but don't hang onto them like I did. They stop participating or they only accept smaller amount coupons. It will take me years to use up $4000 since there's not much around where I live.

1/4/14

Bogus! I am a business owner that is represented on this site. I in no way endorse, condone, participate with this company. Customers show up with a coupon they purchased and get ugly when I do not honor them. This is a scam!

1/3/14

Alert: before buying from these website, please learn and make an educated decision. Avoid regrets and sour moments. Read their many, incredibly restrictive terms here: http://www.restaurant.com/theidealmeal/about/terms

what a rip off!

1/3/14

Really these shouldn't be considered gift certificates, more like super coupons for restaurants. I bought 7 of these on black friday and only spent $10. I called all the restaurants to confirm they accepted them before purchasing and haven't had a problem. It's a good deal as long as you know you need to spend money to get what you want. It clearly states there is a minimum purchase to use and you can't combine certificates. Everyone must be blind if they can't read the clear print.

12/30/13

I bought certificates to several local restaurants and then found out that they were all fraudulent--the restaurants had not entered into agreements with restaurant.com. When I waited to speak to a Restaurant.com customer service rep, I heard an ad awhich stated that if you signed up five restaurants to the service, you would get $500. So most likely, a scam artist turned in five new contracts to restaurant.com and the company, without verifying with the restaurants that the contracts were legitimate, went ahead and advertised them nonetheless. What a horrible business. Save yourself some time and bother and stay away from it.

12/26/13

This is one big scam. These people who run this site are not honest. When you purchase their gift card you are purchasing a set of coupons to certain places, of your choice (so long as it's on their list) to eat. You must abide by the "restaurants terms", but you don't see the restaurants terms until after you purchase the gift certificate. You will see different amounts of gift certificates that the restaurant is offering. I purchased with a 100.00 gift card 1 certificate to a local restaurant. They offered 2 certificates- 1- 10.00, and 1-25.00. This particular restaurants minimum purchase requirement was 37.50. Okay, so I would buy 1-25.00, and 2-10.00 dollar certificates. After purchasing I see the terms..CAN *ONLY USE ONE CERTIFICATE PER PARTY, PER MONTH, PER RESTARURANT EVEN IF THE PARTY IS SEATED AT SEPARATE TABLES AND/OR RECEIVES MORE THAN ONE CHECK..* NOT VALID FOR TAXES, TIPS, MERCHANDISE OR PRIOR BALANCES.* CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONS, COUPONS, OR SPECIAL OFFERS.
I have not yet tried to use the certificate that I had to print out, so not sure even if the restaurant will even take the "COUPON". Know what you are getting into before you buy and always, always look at the reviews!

12/26/13

DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME on this deviously laid out website. So you check the website and see all these deeply discounted coupons right?! That is until you check in with your email address and password and try to redeem your coupon, then poof they all disappear. It cant be done. It will say congratulations you may now search for your restaurant by putting in a zip code. Screw the fact that you already had a shopping cart full of your carefully picked out discounted choices. Now they got you one for one. You want that $10.00 coupon that you had in your shopping cart for 6 bucks? Sorry that will now cost you 10 bucks. If x out and check back in your shopping cart will be waiting for you with those nicely discounted coupons. You still want em' ? Time to put in your VISA/MC SUCKER!!!! GOT YA!!!! Like I said don't waste your time or money or AIRLINE POINTS. Oh Yea a lot of the restaurants are dumps as well.

12/23/13

Bought a $50 coupon for an indian restaurant in Encino CA called Anabargh #2. Spent the minimum, told when receiving the check that they are not accepting the certificate.

Called restaurant.com and were only offered a $10 "courtesy credit".

Joke….

12/23/13

have had several that I purchased to different places and none of them belong to this web site. So lesson learned will never buy another!!!

12/21/13

I became reacquainted with restaurant.com after they sent me an email saying several of the restaurants I purchased certificates for are no longer participating in the program. I purchased at least a dozen in 2009 when they were having $2 for $25 restaurant gift certificates. I've never used them and I totally forgot about them until restaurant.com sent me a reminder email. I had no problem exchanging them for restaurants that are participating. I was terrified of giving them away as presents after reading the awful reviews. However, it soon became clear why they're getting bad reviews. I think it's funny how many negative reviews this website had received when in truth, people JUST DON'T READ THE FREAKING FINE PRINTS.

-To avoid being "scammed" for buying certificates that are not being honored, I made sure to make a call to each restaurant I'm planning to go to. Out of the 5 restaurants, one canceled their account with restaurant.com a few days ago, another is only honoring the certificates til the end of the year, and the remaining 3 are still participating. I was able to exchange gift certificates online with no problem. Be informed, do the freaking research. It took a minute to confirm with each restaurant.

-Read the fine print that's not even a fine print. I saw the minimum purchase amount multiple times. There was even a pop-up right before you confirm your order saying that the $25 gift certificate you are about to purchase must be used on a minimum order of $37.50. This is printed on the gift certificate as well. Other terms & conditions (cannot be combined with any other promotions, not valid for taxes/tips, etc.) are also printed on the gift certificate. All other information to help you make an informed purchase are available on the website. I thought it was funny when I called one of the restaurants and he wanted to remind me that there is a minimum purchase required because he's been asked multiple times despite the amount being clearly printed on the gift certificate.

-Some people said that the gift certificates are miniscule compared to the amount you pay for dinner, which some mentioned are high end and pricey. Again, do your freaking research. These are DISCOUNT certificates. Feelings of entitlement only lead to disappointment.

Be a smart consumer and read before you buy. Some restaurants are probably being included in restaurant.com without their knowledge, but I don't know about that. I'm speaking from a viewpoint of critical-thinking consumer.

12/21/13

Don't waste your time trying to redeem your certificate. Straight up scam. Got this via a promo to subscribe to the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper. the newspaper should be embarrassed that it was associated with this scam.

12/21/13

I was given a $25 gift card to this site. Even though we eat out a lot, I was unfamiliar with all but two of the 26 participating restaurants within a 15 mile radius of my zip code. Of those two, one was an Italian restaurant whose entrees started at close to the full value of the gift card. The other was a reasonably priced BBQ place, so we chose to print our gift certificate for it. Imagine my surprise when I discovered we could only redeem our $25 gift IF we SPENT $37.50 there!!!! Call me crazy, but if you are FORCED to SPEND MONEY in order to use a GIFT CARD, then it's NOT A GIFT anymore!!!

12/19/13

I paid $78 for 2 tix to Old Jews telling and when we picked them up at Will Call the price on the tix were $29 each! Rip off. They advertise that you get a free $50 cert for dining but You're really paying $20 for it. Get your tix directly from the theatre!!

12/19/13

This seems a legitimate business BUT buyer beware.
Pros:
1) I had some extra airline points I was going to lose so I used them to buy $100.00 worth of restaurant.com certificates.

Cons:
1) All the restaurants I saw listed had a minimum consumption so in my case, I bought a $25.00 certificate in ‘La Cigale’ but I will be required to spend $37.50. Depending on the restaurant this may end up making you spend more money than you wanted (or eating more than you should). Furthermore, if you choose to then obtain a $50.00 coupon (rather than $25.00) the minimum consumption then jumps to say $70.00. I find this annoying.
a. In some cases the cost and time of printing the certificate was more expensive than the discount received.
2) Read the fine print as there is limitations on how many certificates you can use in one sitting and how many times you can use a coupon in a restaurant per MONTH.
3) There is a tad of bait and switch going on. Once you create the account you no longer have the same options. I explain. If you do not have an account you may find a supper deal to purchase a ‘$25.00 La Cigale’ restaurant certificate for $4.00. But once you are a member (so Far) all those cool deals stop. So in a way it is better to go in as a new customer, purchase several deals and then never use the account again unless there is a special that includes you.
4) I found a very limiting list of restaurant. If you live in bigger cities like Miami or West Palm then you have much more options. Most of the restaurants were either very High END or not very healthy (heavy on the carbs).
5) Personally I found the website to be frustrating and confusing to use but you may have a different experience.
6) I tried to call customer support but was never connected. Email to customer support seems to be a better approach unless you like to be placed on wait for a long time.
7) They have an FAQ section but it was not written in a way that I could clearly get my answers or steps needed.

So in all there are some benefits from the opportunity but just be aware of some of the limitations. To trade dead end airlines points it is an option (you are not loosing money) but i believe you get more out of it if you make the purchase directly.

12/17/13

We used Restaurant.com for about 3 years with no problems. Great Deals!!! BUT, the last year has been a totally different story. They are putting restaurants on their site that HAVE NOT authorized their use of coupons! Totally WRONG!!! Before you buy anything from restaurant.com, call the restaurant first and make sure they have authorized a coupon to the restaurant. We have gotten to restaurants only to find out they have not approved the use of restaurant.com's coupons.

12/15/13

I was trying print out two $50 gift certificates and "purchased" the cards using the "gift card amounts" that were listed next to the restaurant (sort of like my children's SCRIP program fundraiser). I made sure I had ordered more then then "minimum amount" that was displayed -- so, purchased 3 cards to get to meet the minimum price. HOWEVER, much to my chagrin and incredible disappointment, the certificates cannot be combined to get a nice meal. You can only use one per visit. It's a real disaster and colossal waste of money.

12/13/13

Don't work for Restaurant before you read fine print . Don't waste your money. They should pay you to work for them . Example Restaurant,com policy "9. Termination. The IC will continue to participate in the IC Program on a month to month basis until terminated upon written notice by either party with or Without Cause. RDC may also terminate the IC’s participation in the IC Program, at any time in its complete discretion, or as otherwise stated in these ICProgram Terms. Upon termination, the IC will no longer participate in the IC Program and must cease all usage of RDC Marks and materials Cost Fees Independent Consultant (IC): $289 (?) or Independent Consultant Manager (ICM): $1289 (?)

12/11/13

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM it IS a scam. Tried 10 times to redeem a gift card but it will not work (on different days). I enter the number, their system says I have a $50 credit, but when I go to pay, the credit disappears and redeeming the gift card is impossible. I CANNOT COMPLETE ANY TRANSACTION using the gift card. It does not even offer the gift card as a payment option once I get to the shopping cart -- it only asks for a credit card.

I am simply NOT going to trust a company like this with my credit card information! I'd be willing to bet $100 that if I entered my credit card info, I would be billed for the transaction rather than have the "gift card" applied -- that is exactly what other people have complained about.

STAY AWAY and do not give them your credit card number without reading about HOW MANY people have been screwed by doing so.

I hope the owners do not have children -- all we need is a world with more people like them!

12/9/13

So, the site LOOKS like you get all kinds of deals. So I got a $50 gift to restaurant.com ... but when you get a gift to the site, none of the discounted rate purchases apply... and then when you choose restaurants, the minimum purchase (cash out of pocket), can't use for tax or gratuity, and limit one certificate per visit make the whole thing just an impractical scam. DON'T give this as a gift. You will be wasting your money. I won't even bother explaining how bad the site works, since everyone else already mentioned that. Better of to go where you want to eat and spend real money than to deal with this headache.

12/6/13

I sent the following to Restaurant.com via email three times with NO response what-so-ever from them:

My sister gave me two Restaurant.com cards about a year ago. I finally decided to use them (or try to use them) about 2 months ago. It has been such a huge hassle it is not worth the tiny discounts. I hope my sister did not spend much on these! I have to use them when I am driving and it was ridiculous how difficult it was to get the certificate on my iphone. I had to call you guys twice - the guy at the first restaurant also tried to figure it out and he could not and I am pretty computer savvy! So I never ate there.
So, I decide to try another restaurant - Little Europe. The owner kept telling me that I had to buy $37.00 to get the $5.00 discount. It was actually (I can't remember the exact numbers) $7.50 that I needed to purchase to get the discount. Finally, I convinced her that this was the case and again, had to call you guys to use the iphone app. Not only all this...the owner was rude, the service was horrible and the food sucked!
Do you guys just get people out there to sell to ANY restaurant no matter how crappy they are so you can make a profit and the salesperson can make a commission?
What a waste of time and money these cards are! Can my sister get her money back? I would suggest you respond with a solution unless you want a really bad review on the Internet.

Sent from my iPad

12/6/13

Pretty much what everyone else has said. It's more like a "coupon" site than anything, and it's a terrible site to navigate. When I exchanged a couple of gift certificates, I had to use that dollar amount individually - they didn't recombine to one larger total (which meant I was limited to a $10 and a $15 place, rather than a $25 place). Also, at one point, one of my gift certificates disappeared when I exchanged it. I contacted their customer service, and obviously they didn't read my email. I got a form response instead which didn't address my issue. When I replied and called them out on this, they sent pretty much the exact email back (but at least this time the funds were in my account again.) Ugh. This place is not worth my time.

12/4/13

I bought a gift certificate and my head was literally spinning from all the restrictions they have. Different restrictions for different restaurants with must spend $x or must buy X to get the deal. I was not very impressed and used $20 worth of my $100 certificate.

12/4/13

Have tried for the last 3 days to send there E gift card and site has been down. Have purchased the card and unable to get any response from the site. With Christmas less than 3 weeks away was a great idea and unable to complete.

11/26/13

There should be a ZERO star option for this terrible website! I can't believe reputable companies are recommending them! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!! A small pizza place in our area could never get reimbursed for the 'coupons' they honored, so of course they can't honor them any longer. They have a sign posted right at the cash register to let customers know that RESTARAUNT.COM IS A SCAM. Shame on them and everyone who is promoting them.

11/20/13

restaurant.com is horrible. They treat the businesses that they sell the "gift certificates" to like crap. They do't honor their end of the bargain, so all of the restaurants in our area are now refusing to accept the "gift certificates". Since we're unable to use them and have no where left to "exchange" them, we want to have our money refunded from restaurants.com. But of course, it's nearly impossible to contact them and get any response in return.

STAY AWAY from restaurant.com! There are better ways to find deals for eating out!

11/19/13

The website is impossible to navigate - I tried going on and exchanging a certificate that I had purchased because the restaurant no longer honors it, and I could not get into my account. There's no help button, there's no way to contact them with a question. And, using their certificates really doesn't save you money. Do NOT purchase anything from restaurant.com! It's a complete waste of your money.

11/18/13

vouchers require a minimum purchase that significantly reduces any benefit of the few dollars you save getting the certificate. not worth the effort. hard to find decent places to eat.

11/8/13

READ THE FINE PRINT in the links the provide at the purchase page and then you'll see how they should PROMINENTLY display the restrictions when you purchase. Caveat Emptor!

11/8/13

Great website and lots of coupons there but be sure to read the terms first and ask about the coupon acceptance BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ORDER. By sticking this law, for me, I have never had any problems with certificates.

10/19/13

I have bought many certificates over the years, and everything was fine. However, this summer I purchased two of their Broadway's show deals, 2 tickets and 2 50.00 rest.com certificates. When you try to redeem the certificates, there is no place REALLY, to eat...so I had them place a credit to my account, which NEVER seems to show on the account..AND customer service is limited.

Above was NOT a good deal!

About Restaurant.com