US Government's NSF

13%
Categories: Coupons, Deal, Dining
1500 West Shure Drive, Suite 200, Suite 200
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004, USA

People interested in Restaurant.com are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jakec27

So how then did I manage to obtain a gift certificate with the restaurant's name and logo? (in 64 reviews)

richardd51

Why is it that some of these internet sites no longer provide a customer service number to talk to a live person? (in 35 reviews)

pc1

As an example we used one yesterday that was a $25 gift card for $2. (in 43 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dm183
8/29/15

Made account. Logged in and added gift card. Came back a couple weeks later and can't log in. Can't reset password as they say they are sending it to your email but they never send it. Absolute garbage website and service.

allenj43
8/28/15

went in with wife and kids got the smelliest server ever, wife got propositioned, got cold bad food tweeted about it was contacted by general manager and was told no such server worked there and was never offered any compensation for the bad food or being overcharged for our appetizers or being sexually harassed in front ot our children just poor management from start to finish. I see why fridays and chili are more popular they probably dont call there customers liars

yvetter6
8/27/15

I purchased 6 coupons for 6 different restaurants from this website and attempted to redeem them this month on different days. None of the restaurants excepted the coupons and stated that they had never signed up with Restaurant.com. The only thing restaurant.com offer you is a credit to purchase another worthless coupon. I would like a total refund but you can not reach a live person. I have a feeling this website is ran by a 50-year old unemployed single man living in his parents basement!!!! Basically, they are just like Entertainment.com. SCAM ARTISTS!!!!!!!!!

timm193
8/27/15

This is a horridly unstable app. I have complained for months now.
I have uninstalled. Downloaded and re-installed.
Still it is a piece of junk.
I even got a new Galaxy S6. It will not work on there.
You buy your credits.
You go to the restaurant.
It will NOT load your coupons to display to store owner.
On your second try it will freeze up and say - You have tried too many times. Wait awhile and try again.
This app should be Removed until it works property.
You will end up paying Full price with No Discount.
Horrid.

elainec15
8/20/15

i got an email from groupon who i have used numerous times stating that ONE DAY ONLY you would get a $25 restaurant coupon from restaurant.com. having never hesrd if them i went down the list of restaurants and only found one nesr me. A sandwich shop. Thats cool, i thought. Three of us could go for a $25 lunch for 4.25. Yay. I bought it. When i printed the certificate it stated that i had to spend $50 at a sandwich shop to get the $25. What? I wasnt told in advance. At that point i researched restaurant.com and found they were the biggest scam out there. Shame on u groupon. I will never buy from u again. Your credibility just plummeted. BUYER BEWARE.

jackic
8/20/15

We have been going to the Inn for many years, but recently we found that we were less than happy with the service. There is no reception room, so when guests come in they stand in the way of the busy servers (who ignor you) and you are also in the way of other people coming in...and going to the restroom. The most recent visit was very disappointing; they forgot to bring my salad, when the server came to fill the water glasses, she delivered basically warm water without any ice; the dinner of scallops was mediocre at best. The server brought our plates to the table and did not warn us that the plates were seriously hot and I actually burned my fingers touching it. We had to wait forever for the checks despite the restaurant not being that busy. We had to flag down the server (once we got her attention that is). Disappointing to say the least.

uhh1
8/18/15

Entered in my 2 gift cards and when I went to redeem they were gone! no balance! entered them in again and there was an error that the cards were already used. But I never used them.

Emailed customer help, and they sent what seemed to be an automated message on how to enter in the gift card. emailed them 2 more times and nothing, no response.

This garbage site seems like a major scam.

davem123
8/17/15

I purchased 2 dinner and a movie certificates and they seem to be missing.

deborag1
8/16/15

I was going to purchase but No thank you... reading the comments and reviews already posted, I'll pass on Restaurant.com gift certificates.... it looks like it's a scam and has caused enough problems for too many people. Wish the Better Business bureau and local State Attorney General Office's would look into this. People deserve better.

sp794
8/13/15

I purchased certificates of 3 different restaurants, they charged my card, sent me a confirmation email with a link to print the certificates with a surprise/shock waiting for me. My account says( as of this moment) "There are no certificates for this account". I first searched for the phone number to reach the customer service representative, but there is no phone number at all. However, I sent them an email with the details, and guess what, they replied with the general information on their website. I tried to get to a live person but all in vein. Now, I am worried that they will use my credit card illegally. I also contacted my credit card company and informed them about it, they advised me to dispute the charge, which I am going to do now.
Big NO NO, stay away from the temptation of getting discounted certificates from this website.

lorettab5
8/11/15

Very goo service. All the staff was friendly and efficient. The food and $#*!tails were very very good.

km25
8/6/15

Go out of bisiness pls...

tonyac5
8/4/15

I purchased a $100 certificate using my e-Rewards points (I had to use 75 of those) only to lose but my points and the certificate! first of all I couldn't get on the website due to incorrect password (so they say) then it wouldn't allow me to reset my password.

ranid1
8/3/15

Let's say you purchase a $10 certificate for $5. Well, the minimum purchase required at the restaurant is $20. So overall, you are only saving $5 off of $20, and of course the certificate does not cover tax or gratuities -- not worth it unless it's a restaurant you were going to order at any way.

The selection of restaurants available if you are not in a big city like New York, Chicago, DC, etc. is poor

The website is difficult to use and does not have great support.

Also, some restaurants will have their own rules for redeeming that certificate, that aren't explicitly stated on the certificate itself. Not usable towards delivery, take out, on alcohol, etc.

gg44
8/3/15

I bought a few certs from this website, but each time I tried to log into the website, I was told "there have been too many failed login attempts. Please wait and try again later." I'd get this message even trying to sign in for the first time each day.

pamb20
7/31/15

I went to a restaurant where the food should have been no more than $10 or $15 had I paid cash. I brought the $25.00 gift card and I feel like the waitress inflated the prices of the food and drinks so that she could use the entire $25.00 card. They also placed a restriction that I could not order take out but that I needed to dine in. The restaurant.com ap is awkward to use and it kept freezing on us. I felt like it was a waste of time and effort, not a great value. In my opinion, just use cash or credit and save yourself the added frustration.

roberts270
7/27/15

Recently I purchased a certificate and the restaurant told me that they don't honor it. I asked for a refund from Restaurant. com, but was told that they don't give refunds even when the certificate that they sold ('good forever") is not any good. They offered an exchange, but I want' my money back. By the way, the certificate was purchased only 36 days ago when it was dishonored by the restaurant. A wasted trip to a very expensive restaurant that cost much more than I had anticipated. I would not hove gone there had I known. Beware all of you out there.

deem50
7/23/15

Purchased Restaurant.com special for theater ticket and $50 restaurant.com gift card. (Meal and a play right?). The gift card ended up being for wine.com (hello... We don't drink) AND to redeem you had to make a substantial minimum purchase first. This is junk. They don't provide customer service support... I wanted to exchange.. And no where in the "small print" did it indicate that in order to use the gift card you'd have to put out an additional 30% or that it would be for some non restaurant entity. I will NEVER use restaurant .com again

wandac11
7/14/15

I have only attempted to use Restaurant.com "gift certificates" at four (4) different restaurants. Two of the restaurants do not used them anymore, and the other two each charge $10 to $20 fee to accept the gift certificates. I don't get the point of the service since, as a consumer, I paid for the gift certificates and they were pretty much worthless.

julien220
7/8/15

Bummed.
I first bought some certificates in April, 2010 and could honestly say that I've only "used" them twice. Each time, worked great. But, I missed the fine print on some purchases, so I contacted them back in 2010 and they "gladly" gave me a credit, which they said would never expire. Yes, I have the emails as proof.

My $175 credit has been on their books for the last 5 years because I just can't find anything I want to use it on. There are tons of limitations on many of the restaurants that are listed.

One restaurant told me that they kept telling restaurants.com that they wanted to cancel their offer, (but it still appears) so they wouldn't/couldn't honor my certificate.

I emailed them three times to try to receive my $175 back. After all, they've had it for 5 years! but... no response to date. So I'm giving it one more try to get a response from them and mailing them a copy of my email to their US mailing address.

Then, I Googled "is restaurants.com legit"... and got here. Boo. Guess that was an expensive dinner we had back in 2010. Not happy.

prvacyw
7/6/15

For a web-dependent system and service, it's the crappiest site and code I've ever run into, and as a result, it eats credits and funds despite the claim (never expires).

Thieves, pure and simple. It's not a mistake, that's just what they are. Stay away.

cristinab8
7/6/15

Am the owner of one of the restaurant name here . And i havent put any offer in this website and i get customer tellig me about the discount name here under my restaurant name 107 taqueria this is a scam. I didnt allowed any offers or discount coupons.

huyenl
7/3/15

I have two unused gift certificate not shown on my account. I have complained with the company several times but still do not have any resolution.

emilyj29
7/2/15

Could not access the site to access the gift certificates and when I went to use them I couldn't use them for take out which is not mentioned on the restaurant.com at all.

njb
7/2/15

All my certificates are missing! I paid for them and now my account shows ZERO certificates??

surfr
6/26/15

recently restaurant.com sent out an offer for $100 restaurant egift card and 2 free movie tickets through www.emoviecashreward.com

1st - trying to get the egift card was an exercise in frustration, though apparently the card is in my account now, so given the number of restaurants that refuse to use restaurant.com, I can only hope I can use it.

2nd - after redeeming the emoviecashreward.com codes, and printing the tickets, the tickets were denied by the (valid AMC) theater.

I was really interested in the free tickets, and any food offer was a bonus.... restaurant.com has continued to basically say since the movie ticket codes were 'redeeemed' there is nothing more they can do.

My claim to them is that their business partner denied "payment" on the printed tickets... the theater was willing to accept them, but the system showed they were "denied".

So how is that my problem now? It's restaurant.com and emoviecashreward.com's problem to resolve.

Bottom line: stay away from restaurant.com. Much more hassle than they're worth.

Even redeeming any egift card etc is a hassle.

And you have no recourse once you've given them your money.

---

followup from the emoviecashreward.com site is that the cashier needed to "type" the code in, and not scan (she did scan then type) and that I had to prepay the difference in the ticket price and the max $12 prior to her trying to validate (she read the instructions and I assume she did try to validate the max $12 that was stated on the paper).

So, who knows? Buyer beware with these sites. I wouldn't recommend using either.

dl65
6/23/15

- Closed restaurants on the site.
- Thirty minute or more waits to contact - if you can get through.
- Lack of variety/new restaurants.
- Used to be good, has gone downhill in the past year.
- Value is good if you don't count what you lose in time when there is a problem.

Tip for consumers: Truly consider if it is worth it. If I didn't get a great deal a few years ago (still using those dollars), I would never use this site.

sherryp13
6/23/15

Purchased a deal to a restaurant I wanted to try. Upon arriving at the restaurant, I told my server I had a coupon. IMMEDIATELY he asked if I had purchased it from Restaurant.com and apologized for the site's misleading advertisement. He told me they would not be able to accept the coupon and that the manager had decided to pull all coupons for the restaurant off of the web because they have had so many people complain about it. I will NOT use Restaurant again. Period.

heatherr33
6/22/15

When I first started using them years ago, they were worth it. But not anymore. For the most part, they only get brand new businesses that are desperate to make it, but then don't, so if you get a certificate, use it fast. They will exchange it for another restaurant, but it's just not that good of a selection. On top of that, they make you spend $20 in order to use a $10 certificate, $30 for a $15 and $50 for a $25. And if they'd hire real employees to sell it to new restaurants, they might do a better job. In order to sell them to new restaurants, you have to pay almost $300, or up to almost $1100. It's gone way downhill in the last few years.

manuelr19
6/15/15

I wish there was a zero star option or even negative stars. This place is nothing but a scam. The gift certificate I purchased was totally worthless. The restaurant did not accept it and said they knew nothing about restaurant.com.

How can they stay in business ripping off people for so long?
I wish I had seen these reviews before my purchase.

darrens32
6/12/15

I'm a business owner who is harassed daily by Restaurant.com...I tell them I am not interested in being a part of their certificate scam... they call back, and back, and back! Do not pay for these certificates... I called all the local businesses in my area to ask how the certificates work for them, since they are listed as participants...they all said the same thing "we never signed up with them" and they don't honor these gift cert's!!

mimip1
6/9/15

Restaurants closed before I could use
certificates. No help from their robotic email help line
Lost $$$
Wish they had a -1 rating option.

lenaa1
6/9/15

They issued certificate for non-existing place or close-out or do not except it. can't get my money back. waist of time and money

louisd15
6/8/15

Pure scam. Website should be taken off the internet. Paid $20 for restaurant coupons. Website indicated no coupons in my account. Absolutely no response from restaurant.com!!!

minkaf
6/1/15

I had several coupons that simply disappeared off my account.
I have been trying to reach them and got a generic message that they would be responding to my e-mail, but they never did. Do they even really exist?

Tip for consumers: I finally heard back from someone and they told me to look under gift certificates. I found my coupons. Unfortunately they were for restaurants I never bought for and were the wrong amounts ($25 for a frankfurter stand? I don't think so, particularly since I don't eat franks.)
I will continue to sort it out with them. Stay tuned.

rs78
5/31/15

Stay away big rip off
Frequently places are closed when we go there. Wasted lots of gas
They don't maintain their site

aprilw15
5/23/15

There are VERY few quality establishments offering gift cards on this site. And it sucks that even if you buy a $25 gift certificate you still have to order $50 worth of food at the restaurant so you aren't getting away with any sort of deal.

sarahw83
5/22/15

I had a 25 gift certificate. All the restaurants listed i never heard of. I had to purchase 5 seperate $5 certificates for a restaurant onlyvto find i can just use ONE PER DAY!!!! RIP OFF!!!!!!!

stephanies60
5/21/15

This is NO DEAL at all!

First, I got a $25 gift card to redeem at the site. So I logged in and by the next day, they lost my account info. The CS support team is clueless. Eventually, they emailed me later that week and fixed everything.

Second, there are NO restaurants here that I'm remotely interested in. I thought they'd have popular restaurants. I've never heard of the majority of these places.

Third, they are constantly out of stock. I've been waiting for a certificate on a restaurant just down the street since December last year. They just got them in yesterday and today their out of stock again!!!

So finally I cashed in the $25 certificate for two $10 and a $5 certificate at a sushi restaurant (that was all that was available). In the fine print is states that I have to spend $20 for each $10 I spend and $10 for each $5 I spend. So now I have to spend $50 to receive $25 off. And to top it off, I can't use the three certificates together (didn't I receive a $25 certificate to begin with... to spend all at one time?). I can't even use them in the same month. How nuts is this???

restaurant.com - total ripoff!

bills126
5/20/15

Here was the latest big deal from restaurant.com:
"72 Hour Special: $40 for a $1000 Hotel and Resort eGift Card Featuring Hilton Hotels World Wide"
Well, I followed the link that let's you check availability and discount price. I found a place I want to stay. The price was $159.00/night. If I buy the card for $40, then I can use it four times. This time, I could get $40 off the price with a 2-night stay. So I come out even on first use. Pay $40 extra to get $40 back. But, wait, I look up the rate on the Hilton web site, and that rate with AAA discount is only $143.00.

So, why would I bother paying restaurant.com?! I say, "Meh!" 2 stars. I would make it one star, but in theory I could save a bit more by using the card the second, third and fourth times. But when it comes right down to availability and REAL price, this trouble is hardly worth it.

cierak
5/17/15

Creates coupons for business owners without their approval. Many good businesses have had to refuse customers service or have awkward conversations with them. This website should be shut down or have a major adjustment to their B2B relationships.

rickeyo
5/2/15

the pizzahut 4001 4th st n st Petersburg fl are just terrible they don't even use real mozzarella cheese had a robelem 2 months ago thought id give them another chance couldn't even deliver a pizza o my house non helpful driver and manager of the store stay away fro this store bad news

michellel70
4/29/15

Don't believe this for a second!! It's a major rip-off. You get a $500 credit, not a gift card!! That credit is applied ONLY as a very small and minor "discount" on booking the hotel. But the "discount" is not REAL!! You can book direct through the hotel and pay WAY LESS!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!

ch11880
4/23/15

I received two $50.00 gift cards from a windshield replacement service in the Tampa, Fl. area, in October 2014. I have not found a restaurant worth going out to eat at that accepts Restaurant.com as of this date. Don't waste your time or money on Restaurant.com.

julianneg1
4/9/15

Sometimes coupons work, sometimes they don't. Restaurant.com does not respond to any inquiries, even repeated inquiries, and complaints are not responded to at all. There is no way to actually call them, you can only email, and they do not respond. FAIL.

nats24
4/9/15

The site is just absolutely awful. I forgot my password, and trying to get it reset is a struggle.
First, can't do it from a phone or iPad, gotta be a pic.
Second, once you get the email and manage to get it reset, the site will tell you that is too many attempts at login. To try again later!!! I've never seen so many stupid things in a single site EVER.
Don't buy anything from it, you'll never be able to redeem it!!!

jerryc48
4/7/15

When Restaurant.com started they had a good inventory of restaurants. Now, it appears that their inventory has shrunk to, marginal at best, restaurants. What is worse, they do not email nor notify users when restaurants drop the service.

Went to a restaurant in the SF Bay area last night, coupon was declined. Owner took my coupon and called it in to Restaurant.com to remind them that they no longer used the service. Pretty embarrassing.

I want to get my money back for my existing coupons but you can only transfer the coupons to other mediocre restaurants.

Their website has no contact phone numbers.

jll2
3/30/15

I bought two $25 certificates from them initially and just to found out later that the restaurant wouldn't except them. Now restaurant.com wouldn't refund my money any more!!!

mm121
3/25/15

Purchased coupon then the restaurant closed a few weeks later they wouldn't give the money back or use it towards another one. They ignored repeated emails for assistance. they kept the money! Losers!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever!

richarda64
3/22/15

It works as advertised - prices are great but you need to check the restricts; certificates require minimum bill which usually excludes booze, some are good only on weekdays, etc. Web page is not very usuer friendly, instructions could be much better, etc. Specials E-mailed at least weekly, I once paid 1.40 for a $25 coupon (free steak dinner for my wife!), and some $5 coupons for $. 40. I have used about 16 certificates during the past.18 months in 3 different states with only one problem (restaurant closed, however it was easy to exchange the certificate for another one in the same area) I have 5 more in my smart phone just waiting for me!,

Tip for consumers: Call ahead to make sure of location, hours, etc. as info changes.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What happens if they are using my restaurant name with out my permission?
2/14/13
Answer
johnm329
A: Another dismayed Restaurant.com participant. Join the hundreds if not thousands of consumers who fall prey to their ploy and have been subjected to what you are undergoing time and time again.
6/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I have $135 worth of gift cards that I need combined. I've been a customer for a number of years, but have noticed in the last month or so there is no customer service # on site anymore.
1/2/15
Answer
johnm329
A: And when you call restaurant.com Theresa K or some other staff member will politely tell you, in essence, you don't have any $135 value. They will find a reason but they will suggest you spend more only to loss that too. Be cautious.
6/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Restaurant.com?