US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

sb99
11/5/14

I stumbled across reptile city (also under the name HaHa Reptiles) in my search for fire bellied newts. When I bought them they were buy one get one free, so I ordered 2 of them expecting to get two free. Just to be sure, I contacted Reptile City and asked how their buy one get one free worked; I.e. If I had to place four in the cart total or if they would automatically send the two free newts. The man that answered was very rude and treated me like I was stupid. That should have been the first red flag, but I figured it was such a good deal I would place the order anyway. Five days later I received an email saying they would arrive the next day. The tracking number they gave me indicated they would arrive in TWO days. I managed to track them down and pick them up early from the post office. I took them home right away and opened the package to find there were only two newts as opposed to four. I was charged for them both. I figured this was just a mistake and immediately called Reptile City to report their error. Again, the minute the man answered he was very rude. I explained the problem and he told me that they were not buy one get one free. However, when I placed the order and they went into my shopping cart, it clearly stated they were buy one get one free. Conveniently, they had discontinued the offer the day AFTER I placed my order and tried to convince me that when I placed my order, the offer had been discontinued. It had not. I checked and double checked before placing my order that they were buy one get one free. I talked to two separate people, both were very belligerant, rude, and both belittled me. They refused to remedy the problem and told me that it was my responsibility since I am the one that bought them. They kept interrupting me while I tried to talk, talking down to me, telling me they did nothing wrong. They also kept cutting in and out, and when I said I think there was something wrong with their phone, the lady I was talking to at the time became angry and snottily remarked, "It is not our phone. You're probably on a cell phone." Woah-so sorry I insulted your telephone reception, Lady. I finally had my husband call from his phone to talk to them. He received the same treatment and was disconnected several times. He reasonably suggested they make it right, to which the man he was talking to replied angrily, "this is NOT OUR FAULT." We kept going back to the fact that the newts were on special the day I placed the order, but we kept getting yelled at, interrupted, and treated like we were stupid. All it would have taken was a refund of 13 measly dollars and I would have been a (semi) happy customer. Now I am the owner of two VERY expensive newts. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

karenm89
10/14/14

I ordered two Fire Belly Newts from this company for my daughter. I emailed customer service before the newts arrived asking about their diet, never got a response, first red flag. When the newts arrived both were very thin and had ulcers on their skin. I have been attempting to nurse them back to health since I received them because I know the trip back will kill them. One had started to eat and I am hopeful he will survive. The other is in terrible condition and will likely pass soon. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! It's obvious these animals were kept in poor living conditions and treated badly, animals are living things! I will never recommended buying from this website, never ever.

malcolmj9
8/8/14

horrible service just horrible. waited three weeks for bearded dragon.
I was charged for an adult male but received a tiny juvenile dragon the guy explained the original was missing all its fingers and toes.
charged for an adult dragon + shipping and got tiny lizard.
had to call every day to stay on top of my order

carolinee5
7/23/14

I would give Reptile City less than one star if I could. I ordered 5 desert hairy scorpions for a research project. Several weeks went by and they didn't arrive. I called and was told they were a special order and would arrive any day. A week later I called again and was told the order was coming from out of the country and the package was in customs, but would arrive any day. A month later, the package has not arrived. I'm sure the animals are dead anyway. I've called and emailed several times asking for my money back ($175!) and have gotten no response. I reported the company to the BBB. I am not holding my breath for a response or my money back, but I paid $175 and got nothing in return. The package never even arrived and the customer service was not just terrible, it was nonexistent.

mitzip
7/21/14

Not the most personable fellow to deal with, I ordered 4 frogs, and 1 chameleon. one frog was doa and he offered to refund it, then one died the next morning, and he pointed out that he does not refund on any amphibians after the arrival date, so i lost that one and another one 2 days later. so i ended up with one live frog out of the 4 he sold me. and only refunded 1 frog. He is bbad news and i would suggest not dealing with him

rebbeccab
4/4/14

We received our 2 turtles they were in excellent condition. Very healthy and friendly reptile city is the best place to buy a pet.the only place I will buy from in the furture.we had ordered from a different place before finding reptile city and our turtle died in 2 days.glad we found reptile city and thank you for the great service.

reptilen
3/16/14

Here at Reptile Nation we don't condone how this company operates and thus many bad reviews. I don't know who they talk to here but im the manger and I will find out. Reptile City we don't condone your behavior as a business owner. The only reason you guys getting a star is because we have to rate it .

isaakj
1/22/14

I Had been looking around for a scale less head ball python. I called reptile city an a man answered the phone. He seemed very agitated when he answered. I had asked him if they had any scale less head ball pythons. He was very rude and said no. He then ended up hanging up on me. Whatever you do, do not trust these people. My cousins salamanders were dead when they arrived at his house. Please listen to me DO NOT ORDER FROM REPTILE CITY YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF AND TREATED LIKE GARBAGE.

shannac1
12/24/13

I Ordered Three times from this company. First a male basilisk he had MBD THIN and VERY dehydrated when he arrived I was able to nurse him back to health. Then I ordered two tokays and a female basilisk. One Tokay came VERY dead so dead it was already decomposing. The other was VERY thin and dehydrated. Then the basilisk came with MBD and only a LITTLE hatch-ling when I CLEARLY asked for a larger guaranteed female. Then after only having her three days she died. Then when I asked for my money back he DID refund but left this message to me in response. "We do not want your business either - Find another reptile company to ___ over" Isn't that just GREAT customer service. I WILL NEVER use them again. This place sucks and Felton Willis is VERY RUDE!!!! WOW NEVER do buisness with this company EVER!!!!

jos507
7/8/13

I ordered tortoises from this place, its been a week to and still havent sent them .You can never get ahold of them weather your calling or emailing no responce from them at all. so today after calling over and over i got them to pick up and the responce was verry rude. They claim that tonight they are being sent and will be here in the morning. they also claim to have sent me shipping information that i still have not receved, I can only hope they arive alive and on time. But i am expecting the worst.

skipk
5/5/13

They gave me a date that my turtles would ship, and then shipped them 2 days later. Then, instead of shipping them express mail as they promissed, shipped them Priority US Mail, charging me $24.95 and only paying $6.95 for shipping. When I finally got the box, it was unmarked, the only padding was newspaper and the turtles were in a round clear plastic deli container with holes poked in it and a damp kleenex for moisture. The turtles were still alive but appeared dazed and dehydrated. It was 80 degrees that day. I waited all day long for them to arrive because I was worried they would be left in the heat. The mail carrier apparently "forgot" they were in her van and had to come back in her own vehicle after 5 and drop them off. I was having a nervous breakdown that they were going to die because of the heat. When I saw the packaging I was livid. More people need to know about this so that this company stops this cruelty to animals.

todda5
12/9/12

Purchased 2 Red Footed Tortoises at a great price. Shipping was FAST & FREE. Tortoises were very healthy. Company kept in touch regarding the arrival of my tortoises. Great customer service. I WILL shop here again.

eugenef
9/9/11

I purchased a Mississippi Map Turtle from this company and they emailed me telling the turtle would be shipped out on the 7th as overnight, because shipping was 19.99 for overnight. I never received a tracking number so I emailed them back and they told me that they were shipping him on the 8th do to a delay. they finally sent me a tracking number and told me to call the. The guy I spoke with had a attitude because he said I emailed him too much. Which I sent 4 emails because I heard nothing back and go no tracking number, but he said he just shipped the turtle on the 8th and gave me the tracking. I went online to check and it said 2-3 day priority shipping. I called the post office and they told me the package takes 2-3 days to arrive because they sent it priority. I told him it was a live turtle and they said the shipping didn't state is was an animal because it is manditory that animals are expressed mailed overnight. They paid arou $6.00 to ship the turtle and he has been the box since the 7th at 11:50am. It is the 9th at :45pm and he still has not arrived. I hope he is still alive. I would never order from this company if I were you. Animal abuse. Someone should shut them down.

kristyw
10/23/10

I would never recommend doing business with this site.
I was shopping around for a baby tortoise to add to my family and stumbled upon this website. The price they had listed seemed to be very nice, combine that with free shipping (reptiles normally are shipped for between 25 and 50 dollars!!) I was eager to buy from them. The only problem was all their baby tortoises were out of stock. I contacted by email and was told they would search for one. They found one a few days later, after I finally contacted to ask if they had found one yet because they had not contacted me back. I was thrilled and called right away. To my shock they had tacked on an extra 60 dollars to the price of the tortoise, bringing the price to 250 dollars for the single tortoise. I felt that I had to purchase the tortoise because of all the work I assumed they had done to track down a tortoise for me. I gave them the 250 dollars. I then did not hear from them for almost another week, delays and not being able to communicate with the breeder they said. I was furious. They eventually did email me and say that my tortoise was being shipped, but unbeknownst to me, they had him shipped 2nd day air, which meant he would be in the cold october weather for 2 days instead of just overnight. I paid SIXTY extra dollars and they STILL couldn't ship my tortoise overnight?!?! When he arrived he was very cold, not moving, on his back, I literally thought he was dead, they had not packed a heating pack in the box so he'd been at the mercy of the weather (this is a desert animal that needs temps in the 80's and 90's to live, the temps at night were in the low 40s!) He was also covered in his own poo because they had fed him apparently right before he left, and they had put a wet paper towel in the box with him, so he was cold, dirty and wet. Worst of all, this "baby" tortoise I was supposed to get, turned out to be a poor little one year old tortoise with a bad case of shell pyramidding and runny eyes. These are indications of very very bad care at his breeder's home. The wrong kind of food, the wrong kind of heat and light, the wrong everything! None of the supplies I bought were big enough for him, I expected a 1.5 to 2 inch BABY and got a 3.5 inch yearling! I will ALSO now have to replace 70 dollars worth of supplies.

In all, this place has cost me 250 for a tortoise, 75 for vet visits that still aren't over because of his condition, 70 for supplies and another 70 when I have to replace them again! so a "189 dollar" tortoise turns into a 465 dollar nightmare. Learn from my mistake, NEVER use this company.