US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

catherineb9

I called customer service and said obsoletely not! (in 9 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

danielt4
11/21/14

What a joke. After receiving this I am not sure if I want to even try it. In Canada with the so called free shipping I was billed $16.31 for duty and shipping that they do not tell you about(of course when you order you are not talking to a person, whom you could ask questions anyway), Accessories like the scissors are cheaper than a dollar store and were broken with chipping plastic. I may add more if and when I try out this machine if I don't get 3rd degree burns and am able to type again.

nancyl7
11/21/14

I was just about to order this grill whensomething told me to check consumer reviews on this product and I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID.
Needless to say, I did not order product and saved myself a lot of heartache.
THANKS!

ableb
11/6/14

Thanks to this (and other) websites that warn of the shameful billing practices of the RediSetGo outfit, the only this I lost was the time used up in watching the
TV marketing commercial.

Avoid them RediSetGo like the plague.

Even the people who go and used it say it's piece of junk.

catherineb9
1/11/14

Instead of the cost being $39.99 as the TV ad says it was about $110.00. They charge you for every little piece. And confuse you. I ordered from INFOMERCIAL on TV. They try to hook you into a monthly club. I called customer service and said obsoletely not! They were polite.
As far as the 2 cookers go, I live alone and use them constantly. It is a good product. If only they were up front about the cost. I want to buy some of the other cooking pans. After 3 years my standard round pan has become scratched from daily usage. I'm afraid they will overcharge me again. I guess checking it out is the only way to find out.

pennyd3
12/29/13

I am so happy I checked here first ! I too am sick of getting ripped off ! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REVIEWS !

larrymerryw
7/23/12

AKA as GTXpress.com, Gaiam, Inc. etc...The website is still (7/11/12) misleading and hides details until after the purchase.

I thought I was ordering a set of pans to accompany the new purchase but would seem I joined a "club" to buy 2 pans every other month. The TV infomercial is misleading, and the website is even worse! And on top of that, the product is a piece of junk!

I did everything suggested (used their spatula also) and it scratched after only 2 uses! Man I wish I had researched this one before buying! I have been so happy with purchases online and via TV that I've never had a reason to complain. This company needs to be stopped until it changes; the product, website, S&H, and basically just every thing! I see complaints all over the internet dating current to way back to 2009. I have to waste $50 for S&H and return shipping for a piece of crap product.

I filed a complaint today with the Attorney General Office in Colorado which is where the "home base" is located. I found it interesting that they have no other complaints on file, really? Would seem perhaps? they keep changing names of the company so as to avoid consumers to make a legit complaint"???
Here is the link to file a complaint, https://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/departments/consumer_protection/file_consumer_complaint/consumer_complaint_form O perhaps wait a day or two, and you can just join in with the complaint I filed. I am not sure how it works, as I have never filed one before.

dianaz
3/6/12

Don't order anything from this company. My experience with them was the worst experience anyone could have.

First, a recording takes your order and will add things to your order without you realizing it, and doesn't give you a review or total of your order. I had to take time to call back to ask what exactly they had put on my order and I was told I ordered things that added up to $139. This really upset me so I called them. I was transfered a couple of times and each time, I was on hold for at least 20 - 40 minutes. When I finall spoke to someone I thought could help me, I was again deceived. The individual told me it was too late to stop the shipment; that it was already in processing and they couldn't do anything about it. I told them that they'd better not charge me because I didn't have enough money to cover what I didn't order. They told me all I had to do was to return the box once received.

A big box was received at my apartment complex and I picked it up. I then took it to FedEx to have it returned to sender, but Fedex said they couldn't take it without an account#. I went back home to find the sheet where I scribbled notes and went back to FedEx a few days later. FedEx again would take the box saying they would have to charge me for the shipping; they would not take the box.

I called Redisetgo and a rep told me to take it to the Post Office. On 3/5/12, I took it to the post office. The post office wouldn't take it unless I paid for it. I got a rep from Redisetgo on the line and spent about 20 minutes on the line with them; the Post Office worker even spoke to them, and still the only solution they came up with was that I had to pay for shipping it back to them. I asked the Redisetgo rep to let me speak to a manager and she hung up on me.

At this point my frustration is way high, but I call Redisetgo once again. Keep in mind that it takes a while to get a rep on the line. This other rep stated the same thinng......that I would have to pay for the shipping. I told them that I wouldn't and she said that was up to me and that they were going to charge my account if I didn't send it back. I told her I would dispute it again and that I was also going to write letters to BBB. This review is only the first step because I intend to write to the president of Readysetgo as well as to anyone who will listen and help resolve this matter. I can not seem to get rid of the box.

Another thing: The Redisetgo rep said they'd review their recording, but what a coinsident that they didn't have the recording of my call-back when I asked them to cancel even the small order I had placed. They will keep recordings to their convenience and probably dispose or not even record what they don't want.

Don't order anything from this company! Take my word for it.........you'll regret it! I'm not stopping here. No one deserves to go through what I've gone through. I have wasted so much gas on my vehicle going back and forth trying to send this box back to Redisetgo as well as overage on minutes on my cell phone. What this company is doing is taking advantage of people and forcing them to keep products not ordered and it needs to stop.

sharona8
10/4/11

I ordered Redi-Set-Go for my grandchildren who have their own residence and a very busy job! I got it in good time; used it once and it melted! The whole top just melted in its tracks! I called the phone number, reported what happened and they sent me another two! Duh! Okay, I'll try it again; only the knob broke and wouldn't shut off! Then I got notice from my credit card company (they know me well and know I don't go crazy with charges) and found out I'm a member for 'life' in some recipe club, will be receiving extra molded cooking pans you insert and, you got it, it all cost EXTRA! I cancelled EVERYTHING! Ask them to credit my account because my card company wouldn't be paying them! Hah!
That was a year ago; I haven't heard from them since; I finally paid off my credit card this year! So now I have three, count them, THREE Redisetgo failures and am afraid to even open the fourth one. NO, don't let them suck you in, it's a rotten product and stinks up everything you try to cook!

janeta2
9/25/11

Too bad these people are going for the fast buck. I was completely sold on the t.v. product examples. As a single person it looked exactly like what I was looking for. It really had a lot of good things going for it (energy savings). So, I guess they have tricked themselves out of a great business. Too bad for me - too bad for them.

helenk4
8/30/11

go to amazon.com to get one. Only $28.05 and free shipping with any order over $25 Got mine from this web site. No hassels and no hidden prices.

marsm1
7/24/11

Thank you for all your input on the redesetgo grill. I was all ready to order the buy one get one free but pay extra shipping. Then I read the reviews all of you fine folks decided to share with the world. I have gotten into too many of these situations in the past when ordering online and getting way more in the way of paying out of pocket than I bargined for. I will be very cautious and check site jabber from now on before making any more mistakes. Thanks So Much!!!!!

roanng
6/28/11

I had the original and I must say I did and do enjoy using it. Therefore I ordered the one with the timer. I followed the directions absolutely and everything sticks. The original did not. I am very dissapointed.

francesy
3/30/11

I tried to order this item from the info mercial and the lady that I was talking to was very rude, tried to get me to buy other items that I didn't want. She wouldn't take "NO" for an answer. I did not get to the point of giving her my credit card no. By that time I was thouroghly disgusted and just hung up the phone. That was the end of it!

jeanp2
2/5/11

I too have been scammed with a product that does not hold a fair amount of food to be cooked and the billing has add on's that I was not told about and I will attempt to return it immediately. It has ruined the reputation of many good products to be ordered on-line as you never know what you are getting into. Jean

jimd5
12/27/10

Avertisement and commerical is not true.I ordered the redi grill and recieved a second one free, just pay shipping. What good is the second grill with no attatchments. I call customer service and they said the second grill does not come with the free attatchments. They must be purchased extra. They do not disclose this in their ad. I would not order this product. Very rude customer assistance personal. In my opinion it is a wast of time and money.

debrah2
11/7/10

My first dealing with an infomertial and it was BAD! First thing they great you with is wanting to know your credit card number. (Alarms should have gone off!!!) My mistake! Continued to push for more sales, no person, could not cancel my order! Next thing I heard, your approved and your order is on its way! No amount given! No date given! Customer service is the webpage or another sales phone automation! What a joke. I can only imagine what the product must be like!

keithh2
9/19/10

I would have been flim flammed if I had not read this site. I never purchase anything through a tv infomercial, but the Redisetgo grill sounded so marvelous I was about to give them my credit card. Thank you so much for providing the truth about this miserable company! Elizabeth Warren should put them first on her list of crooked corporations!

daleh3
9/6/10

Wish I had read it before attempting to order.

yvonnem2
9/5/10

I was about to order this Redisetgo item but thought something did not smell right so I checked. Thank you all for your feedback.

pattyc1
9/2/10

If I had reviewed this item on computer first, I probably would have hesitated from purchasing. I ordered two. They did not send everything as promised, overcharged on the shipping and handling. I had to argue to get the inserts. Found the company representatives to be extremely rude. I have been doing on-line shopping for years and this is my first experience that makes me afraid to continue this practice.

debbiew
8/29/10

Thanks to all of you for being so honest. I just changed my mind about ordering this.

sandran1
8/26/10

I ordered off the TV, got the two cookers and accesories in a reasonable time and was not charged beyond what the commercial said.
I have ventured out of my comfort zone in trying new things on it and for the most part they are great. Any mistakes are probably my lack of knowing how much to cook at a time. The steaks and hamburgers are delicious as stated.
Customer service has been very good up to this point.

loisd
8/11/10

I wish I had seen this site before I bought the (what ever they call them) cookers, grillers, they work nothing like on TV, I have used it 3 times and it burned the food every time. I tried to order online and it wouldn't go thru, so called and ordered over the phone. The next day i changed my mind and called them and they said they were sending me 2 sets. I said I didn't order 2 sets and the person that you talk to is very snotty, and won't listen to a thing, I told her I never completed the online order and she said yes you did, I said if you send 2 sets I will call and stop payment. She said we are sending them out today, I told her again I didn't order 2 sets. Finally after 5 minutes, she finally said they would send only one set. It was supposed to cost $39 for 2 of them plus shipping of $39.00 And when they arrived they had a bill for $99.00. I called back and it was the same snippy woman who wouldn't listen to a thing I said. I am disgusted with them and would never order anything again.

dorisd
8/8/10

Wow! I am so glad I checked out this website. I could have wasted a lot of money. Thanks for helping me avoid a big mistake. With the economy the way it is, websites like this are a blessing.

joseg2
8/6/10

I have the same problem I got my product yesterday and I was charged $110 Dlls. When it was advertise for 39.99 in the tv. I can't believe how can they go this to a customer. This is a bad experience to me, why is this happening to all of us, but we have to take a legal action in this case

debraw1
8/1/10

I am so happy to find this site. I was procrastinating about buying this product and glad I did a little investigating before I bought. Thank you so much for telling me and others of the woes you have had to endure simply because this company does not have any moral's what so ever. Their God is simply "Mammon". What I don't understand is all of you who have ended up with unwanted charges on your card. Why didn't you just call your CC Company and to tell them what was going on and that you wanted to refuse the shipment and when you did; you wanted them (your CC Co.) to do what they call a charge back to the company in question. If enough of you would have done that then they would either have to change their way of doing business or just shut it down. We do have some power, we just need to share that knowledge so that we can empower one another,

jans7
7/22/10

I've watched the infomercial several times over the years & just happened to see it @ TARGET so I bought it! Boy, am I glad I didn't have to go thru what people have complained about going thru website!!! 1st....the on/off light only worked half the time(plug in...it just sits there...no light at all..not heating up...then finally heating up! 1st thing I made was sausages in pancake batter( I SO WANTED THIS TO WORK FOR GRANDKIDS) After alotted time...looked & batter was runny & still white..NOTHING LIKE IT LOOKED ON TV(golden brown) NEXT AND LAST next day I tried ribeyes. Taste was pretty good BUT, even with kitchen fan on HIGH it was SMOKY/GREASY SMELL ALL THRU HOUSE FOR WHOLE DAY AND the Pan was a greased up stuck on MESS!!!! NO EASY CLEANUP LIKE PROMISED ON TV!!! I took the it back to TARGET & got a FULL REFUND!!! AGAIN, THANK GOODNESS I did'nt order online!!! HOPE this will HELP even ONE person from what I went thru!!!

georgew2
7/12/10

Thanks for helping me avoid a very unpleasant experience by ordering RediSetGo cookery!!!

mariea1
7/11/10

Say the info-mercial, like the idea, the price and the recipes but didn't even have a chance to review the website properly. As soon as I accessed the site I had Norton Anti-Virus crap trying to load in my computer ... good thing I have a good anti-virus/firewall ..... stay away!!

pauls16
7/11/10

After reading the reviews and reviewing the website, I decided to contact their customer service to place an order. So a few comments:

1) The customer service representative was very reluctant to provide any unique identified - and hence to avoid accountability.
2) I was informed the call maybe recorded and requested permission from the representative to record the call from my side as well. Permission was given verbally - but not enthusiastically.
3) I requested to have the package reviewed with al costing prior to initiating an order - i.e. I wanted to fully understand the product and its full costing (including S&H) before providing any credit card information.
4) At this point, the representative said they could not do so until they have followed their "script". I requested to speak to a supervisor.
5) The representative inquired to what I wanted to know - I explained #3 above again. I was put on hold.
6) After coming off of hold, I was informed that they were terminating my call as they can not allow their calls to be recorded.

At which point, I wanted to share this factual interpretation of the events with others. Obviously, based on the feedback from others, I was very skeptical and chose to pursue in this fashion. My intent was to obtain full disclosure and to make an order in good faith. The response from the representative was not very forthcoming and they were unwilling to be as equally forthcoming.

Based on this interaction and exposure, I would highly caution anyone from purchasing this product. Although the product maybe completely sound and provide as advertised, the lack of openness and forthcoming of information from the representative makes them suspect to having a full and transparent business operation.

Fully consider and evaluation all information. Do not enter into any business transaction without expecting the same level of due diligence and forthright business operation. Just as was attempted with the business.

johnc17
7/2/10

contact the FBI.

francesl
6/25/10

I have ordered and received half the order. I'm waiting for the other half so I can send all of it back. It is the cheapest stuff I have ever ordered. I'll let you know if I will ever be able to send it back. It will cost to mail it all back, but I will give it away (if I can get anyone to take it) before I use it myself. Gee, how could anyone dream up this stuff?

rebeccat
6/14/10

Thank you everyone I was just getting ready to order this you saved me from all this trouble ..we are seniors and the extra they would have added on would have been devastating to us ...

joee2
5/31/10

I thought I'd tell everyone that while I agree about the terribly rude customer service people on the phone I have one of these little machines and it works pretty good.I'm disabled and live alone so for me it cooks quick and is easy to clean.The reason I'm writing this is to let you know that I got mine from QVC for $35.76 plus $6.72 S&H and2.97 for taxes,plus QVC gives you all four of the insert pans(the one that splits it in half,the mini pan,the hearts shape pan and the one that lets you make monkey bread in) and the double spatula for free,plus you have good people you can deal with if there is a problem.I hope this will help someone since I can't find fault with the machine just the people but now there's an alternative.

briant4
5/30/10

They are a bunch of cheats! Do not order from the TV ad!! They will have you on the phone (not a live person) get your credit card number then walk through 20 minutes of upsales before you can place your order. When you finally get to the end to cancel you do not have that option! You then call the other 800 # they give you during the recording (which is 800-357-9213) and you get an operator that says you can't cancel for 24 hours. Then you read the company rating board and see all the others who are frsutrated with them. What they do is criminal and should be shut down!

ivanh
3/16/10

I was mislead about the whole thing, the price was a lie, the small time frame to respond to them for one price off of it is a lie, they keep you on the phone to long with trying to sell you more things. no email conformation, only to charge you what they want to,it's to late to call them over a dispute, I want ever buy anything on tv again.

earliner
1/27/10

I saw the commerical on TV this a.m. and thought this product would be nice
to have since I enjoy my george foreman grills so much. I decided to check
the Redisetgo grill out for any complaints, so glad I did. Thanks to you guys
I don't have to go thru what you did. Thank you so much for your reviews and this valuable info, and saving me a lot of anguish and expense.
Earline R.

barbaraf1
1/27/10

I rarely order anything from an infomercial, but thought the RediSetGo was something that we would like and use. I really didn't want the chopper and I was told when I called the S & H for the grill was $16.95 plus an additional charge of $9.95 chopper. When I received my package, they came together in one box. There is no way it cost $26.90 to send the box parcel post. Plus, they charged sales tax on the total order, which included the shipping nad handling, and it wasn't the right tax for our city. In looking at the insertable pans, it looks like finish was spray painted on, not teflon. If you look on the bottom of the pans you see the metal. Now we are wondering if cooking on the pans is safe since it was "Made in China" -- does the finish contain lead???? We've only used it once so far since I just received it. The cooking time was longer than stated in the book. I was a little disappointed. Lesson learned.

laurelb1
12/13/09

I think it's horrible I am going to put it on every sight so if I can even help one person from this scam. They have no customer service. I tried cancelling but they said the order had been processed, sounds like we were all scammed. I will never order anything again from an info commercial. My first and last time

allenl1
11/25/09

What does a buyer do to cease this type of cheater? I would suggest a registered written letter return receipt. that is if you can find an address for it and want to spend more money for a job the government should be handling. Maybe an original idea from something that makes everyone angry and frustrated and demand a change of ethnics?

glendak
11/21/09

I agree with Pat S. First I tried to order online, but was never able to get the cart to accept my payment. At least it said it didn't accept it. So I tried to call to verify and, after being forced to listen through unending pushy sales promotions, was told they wouldn't know anything for 24 hours. I, too, tried to cancel but was told I'd have to wait 24 hours for that as well. The next day I was able to talk with someone, not very friendly. They said, yes it went through, and I would be charged $19.95 for two payments. I wasn't overcharged (at least not yet), but I was forced to make two payments, rather than pay in full as I wanted. What a shame! Their phone ordering system is extremely disgusting and frustrating. This little machine does really make some fun, delicious food. We have been using it about every other day. I would like to give one to my kiddos, but I wouldn't go through their ordering process again for anything. If I see one somewhere else, I would probably pick it up.

sherim
11/16/09

They are a bunch of cheats. I ordered the grill and pans only and was charged for the recipe club and recipe x-change against my wishes. When I called the company, they said nothing could be done for 24 hours to cancel the order. So I got smart - I called my credit card company and blocked it.

pats3
11/12/09

i ordered today and tried to cancel today! it was a terrible experience!! i was told i would have to call back tomorrow! every other word was more merchandise, more money, etc...dont buy this(and beside that, almost $17.00 for shipping and handling? what a rip off)

angelas1
11/9/09

I ordered the cooker and not only do they add - without your request - recipe cards which cost you an extra $15 w/ s&h - but they won't take them off - they say there's nothing they can do. They are deceitful and I will be spreading the word. Angela

dianec
10/23/09

HORRIBLE!! This looked like a fun gift but I don't think I want to deal with this company. They have a lot of "free bonus items" but you have to sign up for monthly payment and receipt of recipes, or extra pans. What a mess!! DON"T CALL it's even worse You get a recording with NO provision to talk to a live person and the offers just go on and on. What an awful experience!

suk2
10/12/09

On August 8, 2009, I had ordered the Redisetgo express for their basic package and all the "free" stuff they had included, for $39.90 and the shipping and handling for $16.95, for a grand total of $56.85. But guess what the amount was that showed up on my credit card statement? $117.55!!!!!!! When I called customer service and enquired about it, they said it was for a Recipe Club subscription fee for which neither had I enrolled nor received anything from as yet. They refuse to refund the money to me and very unceremoniously told me to send their stuff back if I did not want it. I asked them to send me return label which they refused too.The customer service representative was very unfriendly and the supervisor who came on the phone at my insistence was even more unhelpful and unfriendly!!! So now I am stuck with a Redisetgo that actually cost me more than double of what they advertised!!! Wow!!!!! What a waste of good money!!!

deannan
9/19/09

On Sunday, September 13, after watching an info commercial on MSNBC-TV, I decided to purchase the Xpress Redi-Set Go cooker. However, the following pages after the order were cleverly disguised as "free recipes" "free club membership" which were not, in fact, free at all. I did not want these items and services. I called the 1-800 number and they were not helpful at all. Immediately, I sent the Xpress Redi-Set-Go customer service several emails expressing my extreme displeasure about their deceitful marketing and asked them to cancel my entire order immediately. I told them I didn't want anything at all from them. With deceitful marketing practices such as this, it made me so upset I didn't want the cooker at all. They did not respond at all. On Monday, I received an email that the order had been processed and they couldn't do anything about it. Then, after sending additional emails to them, they sent me additional emails telling me the order had been processed and they had no intention of reversing charges on my card.

The most egregious and deceitful thing they did was not giving any review page at all on the purchase. I found out after the purchase was made that there were several add on purchases.