US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.6307568555

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

I highly reccommend using this website and redbox for future movie rentals. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

My family and I use Redbox monthly. Since movie stores are obsolete this is a convenient way to watch new movies when they come out on disc. The majority of the time Redbox has the movies before they're on Cable Satellite or Netflix. The ONLY complaint that I have, and it really is out if their control, is 3/10 times the movies we REALLY want to see are out of stock. I just got to get there quicker ;-)

I 'joined' Red Box last night, by 'creating an account;' when I tried to locate a kiosk near my home, the site kept coming up with a location further than the one THAT I KNOW HAS A KIOSK--a Stop and Shop store three miles form my home; I made the mistake of calling 'customer service,' a misnomer if I ever heard one; The 'rep' insisted that; 1, my email was wrong, an account I've had since 1989; 2. my credit card 'last four' was wrong(according to him), and 3. when I asked to speak to a supervisor, HE HUNG UP! Of note, their customer service is based in the PHILIPPINES, and English is a second language to them; I have called my credit card company, and put a block on any charges or other fees on my FORMER ACCOUNT. A word to the wise--use NETFLIX, or another USA-based company!!!!!!

So I have really no issue when I go randomly to a redbox to rent a movie, but it seems like EVERY TIME I try to reserve them online there is some error and I can't reserve them. It's extremely annoying that they offer this service, but when I try to utilize it I can never actually get it to work. And their website is NO help in figuring out how to get the transaction to go through. So sick of redbox. It may take longer, but I may just stick to getting the movies I want to watch through my library. I may have to wait for the movie if it's newer, but at least I know I will get it AND IT'S FREE!!!! Or, luckily for me, there is still a video store inside the grocery store in my town. May be more expensive than redbox, but again still more convenient than redbox is (at least for me).

The Redbox unit in my town was out of order, I could not return my disc until it was fixed the next day. They still charged me for the extra day. This is the second time this happened. They don't have an email contact to resolve this. Will not rent from Redbox again.

I have had a few discs not play on occasion, but just email them or call and they give you a free rental code to make up for it. I love using Redbox to preview movies I'm on the fence about buying for my home collection. I'll be continuing to use them.

Typed as I watch this weeks rental.

Movies appear at Redbox much more timely than other available options. They do a great job at what they do.

Best and cheapest way to see a new movie. Wish they were still $0.99 though.

I rented and returned video and was charged $36 for a video. I worked customer service via chat and all they could offer was reimbursing my for $15. The customer service member was nice but their policy/methodology for tracking video transactions/returns needs to be changed. I think I may rent via my cable service or another method.

I love this site. It has many movies old and new. I like the blue ray disc rentals because the quality is great. I like to stream TV Series

I use this all the time to rent movies for over-night.

I was informed there policy is you are purchasing as is and they will not return your money when you get the movie home and it does not work.

I get a Redbox video typically 2 to 3 times a month. It is very convenient but if I go over a day I will get extra charges. I think they make most of their money on over age days

Selections are horrible. Rarely do you find a current movie. They even recycle 1950 through 1990 movies. Desperate? I think so.

I use Redbox every once in awhile. I encounter glitches with the machine often. Soemtimes it says its available and its not---Returning a disc can take forever.

I still love redbox anyway

I returned DVD's within the 24hr window and was charged $34 in my account a month later! Redbox had no account that my dvd was returned and I didn't even get my money back. They could only issue me 10 free movie rentals. Do you think I want my card to touch that machine again? I think not

I rent 4 red box disc and i couldn't even watch them because they were dirty and skipping in my player and I wanted to see them so went over to friends house to watch them and got the same result so finally i took them back and they said i kept the over 11 days and change my bank account over 60.00 for them. I WOULDNT USE REDBOX. I could have brought the four dvds for that much. What a shame how they want to ripe people off. I used to be a regular customer but not anymore it would be cheaper to just buy the dvds.

I'll add inexpensive to the list as well. Though the selection is far from huge, if you enjoy a variety of newer movies, checking out the nearest Redbox is worthy of your time.

Convenient, easy, inexpensive, fun to use! Great for those Fri nights when the kids want something different to do and Netflix has me waiting for our new release.

Downloaded this app 3 days ago for the Kindle Fire. I must say its much easier and faster than logging on to my PC. Concise and easy to use, if you use Redbox and a Kindle Fire this is a must have application.

they have good deals on rentals but the selection is outdated and you have to get the movie back by the time you rented it the day before or you get charged for an additional night which I did not know until I got charged I would rather use hulu or Netflix less hassle

i love to rent from this company. they have convenient locations virtually every where.the price is cheap.they have a great selection of movies to choose from. i get e-mailed codes alot for free rentals. so that helps. you should try this for yourself. if you havent already.

I used to be in love with Redbox, but now I am a disgruntled consumer. They waited an entire year and then put a charge on my account that I have no way to dispute. It makes me wonder how many people are getting bogus charges and then not recognizing the company is taking money from them. I won't trust Redbox again. You have just lost my business and I will warn others of you as well.

I am becoming disenchanted with Redbox --- they took out one that was just a few blocks away and now I have to go .5 miles from my home. And Redbox increased their prices by 25% --- so I'm paying more and getting less.

And it seems fewer users are inclined to reserve movies online so there's invariably a long line of folks at the kiosk as people wade through the extra-bad search tool at the kiosk. They need to figure out a way to let folks who have reserved online get their disks at the same time other folks are browsing.

If I could put 0 stars I would. I was charged for a disk that was returned the very next day.
I wrote, I called, I was charged anyway. Very frustrating. I will NEVER use Redbox again.

Write your review to help others learn about this Movies are not available when advertised and are old by the time they do come out, very old. Don't trust all kiosks to have the movie you want to rent, it's a waste of the drive to the box.

I love redbox. Great idea. For about $1 a night you can rent a video. Their machines are everywhere, so very convenient. I also love that nearly every weekend I get a coupon for 50 cents off. I think they make their money by banking you won't return it the next day so they can charge you for a few more days, but I always do! They used to also give me a free movie on my birthday, but no more - sad.

DO NOT USE REDBOX. I got dirty, sticky disks the first time I rented, then tried a second time and got EMPTY cases ! NOT WORTH THE HASTLE!!

If you want to see a very popular movie, you must be prepared to be disappointed. On your everyday, crappy movies there is no problem. Situation is I want to see a VERY POPULAR movie, so I stop at the kiosk and there are no copies of it left. So I go home and do a "Hold For Pickup" on the movie. The website happily takes my payment and says I'm all set.

The website has no idea if the movie is really available in the kiosk, so if I then make a special trip to town to get the movie, it may or may not be there. I may or may not be wasting my time going there.

I've chatted with the customer service people at RedBox several times and, bottom line, yeah there's a flaw in the "Hold For Pickup" logic but if it makes a problem for you they'll straighten it out monetarily… of course they can't return your time or your gasoline.

I also found out there is no way to hold for tomorrow. If you ask for a hold today you get a hold for today(whether the movie is in the machine or not) if you want a hold for tomorrow, you have to wait for MIDNIGHT to tick by before you can do the hold. So maybe the best strategy for a POPULAR MOVIE is to do a hold for pickup just after the stroke of midnight and then plan on picking the movie up just before 9PM the next day.

The website has been totally screwed up for over a month. I can't even describe all of the problems because it would take forever! It sucks!

This a great way to save money on movie rentals. I would recommend downloading the App. It is easy to use and you can reserve your movies for pick up.

Redbox is great - easy to use, has a mobile app, great deals.

Cheap and easy movie rentals. I like that you can reserve your movie online and then go pick it up. They also send you a free movie via text club the first monday or tuesday of every month. They also send out coupon/promo codes via text so check out the website and join the text club :)

Awesome site to review and reserve what movies are available in the redbox you rent from. They also provide ratings of movies that have been seen by others. Great site-Saves you time

Gone are the days of waiting at the return bin in Blockbuster.. hoping someone will drop off a new release.. I really like that I can reserve my rental over the internet and just have to go pick it up.

For a buck a night you can rent DVDs from their kiosks. You need a credit or debt card to use. On their website you can reserve your DVDs and pickup location closest to you. If you keep your movie for more than one night, you'll be charged for each additional night. They have a lot of new release DVDs available.

Nice iphone app and until netflix gets more movies on download redbox will fill the void of major DVD rental stores going out of business. Netflix should have done this and added it to their "queue".

Now that blockbuster and hollywood video no longer exist near me, I discovered this great new way to rent movies thanks to a review here on SJ. I don't like netflix because I rent movies at the last minute when I have nothing to do that night. Cheap and reliable.

Redbox is a great low cost method of renting movies. You visit and you can reserve movies to be picked up at your local redbox. This helps you to get the movie you want, and saving you trips to the redbox, until you know your movie is in.

I have used this feature many times and like it. It works great, and hey a movie for $1 per night, who wouldn't like that.

I highly reccommend using this website and redbox for future movie rentals.