US Government's NSF

59%
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tel: +1.6307568555
bartman@redbox.com

People interested in Redbox are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jesseg

I highly reccommend using this website and redbox for future movie rentals. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobbyw12
7/27/15

Movies appear at Redbox much more timely than other available options. They do a great job at what they do.

dans110
7/24/15

Best and cheapest way to see a new movie. Wish they were still $0.99 though.

nigels21
6/12/15

I rented and returned video and was charged $36 for a video. I worked customer service via chat and all they could offer was reimbursing my for $15. The customer service member was nice but their policy/methodology for tracking video transactions/returns needs to be changed. I think I may rent via my cable service or another method.

sallyl11
5/19/15

I love this site. It has many movies old and new. I like the blue ray disc rentals because the quality is great. I like to stream TV Series

bobb701
5/6/15

I use this all the time to rent movies for over-night.

jamiec38
5/3/15

I was informed there policy is you are purchasing as is and they will not return your money when you get the movie home and it does not work.

pault61
4/26/15

I get a Redbox video typically 2 to 3 times a month. It is very convenient but if I go over a day I will get extra charges. I think they make most of their money on over age days

walterp13
4/21/15

Selections are horrible. Rarely do you find a current movie. They even recycle 1950 through 1990 movies. Desperate? I think so.

miket86
4/9/15

I use Redbox every once in awhile. I encounter glitches with the machine often. Soemtimes it says its available and its not---Returning a disc can take forever.

I still love redbox anyway

lalab
3/29/15

I returned DVD's within the 24hr window and was charged $34 in my account a month later! Redbox had no account that my dvd was returned and I didn't even get my money back. They could only issue me 10 free movie rentals. Do you think I want my card to touch that machine again? I think not

cassiea2
3/22/15

I rent 4 red box disc and i couldn't even watch them because they were dirty and skipping in my player and I wanted to see them so went over to friends house to watch them and got the same result so finally i took them back and they said i kept the over 11 days and change my bank account over 60.00 for them. I WOULDNT USE REDBOX. I could have brought the four dvds for that much. What a shame how they want to ripe people off. I used to be a regular customer but not anymore it would be cheaper to just buy the dvds.

weso3
3/17/15

I'll add inexpensive to the list as well. Though the selection is far from huge, if you enjoy a variety of newer movies, checking out the nearest Redbox is worthy of your time.

erinf15
3/16/15

Convenient, easy, inexpensive, fun to use! Great for those Fri nights when the kids want something different to do and Netflix has me waiting for our new release.

edgara7
3/9/15

Downloaded this app 3 days ago for the Kindle Fire. I must say its much easier and faster than logging on to my PC. Concise and easy to use, if you use Redbox and a Kindle Fire this is a must have application.

katherineg6
2/16/15

they have good deals on rentals but the selection is outdated and you have to get the movie back by the time you rented it the day before or you get charged for an additional night which I did not know until I got charged I would rather use hulu or Netflix less hassle

daleh32
2/2/15

i love to rent from this company. they have convenient locations virtually every where.the price is cheap.they have a great selection of movies to choose from. i get e-mailed codes alot for free rentals. so that helps. you should try this for yourself. if you havent already.

amandag34
12/30/14

I used to be in love with Redbox, but now I am a disgruntled consumer. They waited an entire year and then put a charge on my account that I have no way to dispute. It makes me wonder how many people are getting bogus charges and then not recognizing the company is taking money from them. I won't trust Redbox again. You have just lost my business and I will warn others of you as well.

ttj
12/27/14

I am becoming disenchanted with Redbox --- they took out one that was just a few blocks away and now I have to go .5 miles from my home. And Redbox increased their prices by 25% --- so I'm paying more and getting less.

And it seems fewer users are inclined to reserve movies online so there's invariably a long line of folks at the kiosk as people wade through the extra-bad search tool at the kiosk. They need to figure out a way to let folks who have reserved online get their disks at the same time other folks are browsing.

kims75
11/11/14

If I could put 0 stars I would. I was charged for a disk that was returned the very next day.
I wrote, I called, I was charged anyway. Very frustrating. I will NEVER use Redbox again.

gp39
10/23/14

Write your review to help others learn about this Movies are not available when advertised and are old by the time they do come out, very old. Don't trust all kiosks to have the movie you want to rent, it's a waste of the drive to the box.

stephanien3
4/21/14

I love redbox. Great idea. For about $1 a night you can rent a video. Their machines are everywhere, so very convenient. I also love that nearly every weekend I get a coupon for 50 cents off. I think they make their money by banking you won't return it the next day so they can charge you for a few more days, but I always do! They used to also give me a free movie on my birthday, but no more - sad.

amandam37
3/28/14

DO NOT USE REDBOX. I got dirty, sticky disks the first time I rented, then tried a second time and got EMPTY cases ! NOT WORTH THE HASTLE!!

paulb116
3/8/14

If you want to see a very popular movie, you must be prepared to be disappointed. On your everyday, crappy movies there is no problem. Situation is I want to see a VERY POPULAR movie, so I stop at the kiosk and there are no copies of it left. So I go home and do a "Hold For Pickup" on the movie. The website happily takes my payment and says I'm all set.

The website has no idea if the movie is really available in the kiosk, so if I then make a special trip to town to get the movie, it may or may not be there. I may or may not be wasting my time going there.

I've chatted with the customer service people at RedBox several times and, bottom line, yeah there's a flaw in the "Hold For Pickup" logic but if it makes a problem for you they'll straighten it out monetarily… of course they can't return your time or your gasoline.

I also found out there is no way to hold for tomorrow. If you ask for a hold today you get a hold for today(whether the movie is in the machine or not) if you want a hold for tomorrow, you have to wait for MIDNIGHT to tick by before you can do the hold. So maybe the best strategy for a POPULAR MOVIE is to do a hold for pickup just after the stroke of midnight and then plan on picking the movie up just before 9PM the next day.

michaelp69
1,047 helpful votes
8/22/13

IT IS EASY AND FAST. YOU GET INSTANT GRATIFICATION BY PICKING UP THE MOVIES YOU RESERVED ON THE SAME DAY FROM ANY LOCATION. I USE IT RENT NEWER MOVIES THAT TAKE NETFLIX TO LONG OF A WAIT. $1.50 FOR 1 DAY/NIGHT BLUE-RAY. $1.20 1 DAY/NIGHT DVD, $2 FOR A XBOX 360 GAME 1 DAY/NIGHT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF THEY HAVE OTHER CONSOLE GAMES THOUGH.

mariej2
7/4/13

The website has been totally screwed up for over a month. I can't even describe all of the problems because it would take forever! It sucks!

bradt2
11/24/12

This a great way to save money on movie rentals. I would recommend downloading the App. It is easy to use and you can reserve your movies for pick up.

juliannaw1
9/7/12

Redbox is great - easy to use, has a mobile app, great deals.

rjaa
8/17/12

Cheap and easy movie rentals. I like that you can reserve your movie online and then go pick it up. They also send you a free movie via text club the first monday or tuesday of every month. They also send out coupon/promo codes via text so check out the website and join the text club :)

joannen
7/29/11

Awesome site to review and reserve what movies are available in the redbox you rent from. They also provide ratings of movies that have been seen by others. Great site-Saves you time

michaelt5
10/13/10

Gone are the days of waiting at the return bin in Blockbuster.. hoping someone will drop off a new release.. I really like that I can reserve my rental over the internet and just have to go pick it up.

oliviam
9/25/10

For a buck a night you can rent DVDs from their kiosks. You need a credit or debt card to use. On their website you can reserve your DVDs and pickup location closest to you. If you keep your movie for more than one night, you'll be charged for each additional night. They have a lot of new release DVDs available.

toddl
5/20/10

Nice iphone app and until netflix gets more movies on download redbox will fill the void of major DVD rental stores going out of business. Netflix should have done this and added it to their "queue".

heathers3
5/19/10

Now that blockbuster and hollywood video no longer exist near me, I discovered this great new way to rent movies thanks to a review here on SJ. I don't like netflix because I rent movies at the last minute when I have nothing to do that night. Cheap and reliable.

jesseg
2/14/10

Redbox is a great low cost method of renting movies. You visit Redbox.com and you can reserve movies to be picked up at your local redbox. This helps you to get the movie you want, and saving you trips to the redbox, until you know your movie is in.

I have used this feature many times and like it. It works great, and hey a movie for $1 per night, who wouldn't like that.

I highly reccommend using this website and redbox for future movie rentals.