US Government's NSF

14 Reviews for Redbox.com

▼ Sort by: recent

stephanien3
4/21/14

I love redbox. Great idea. For about $1 a night you can rent a video. Their machines are everywhere, so very convenient. I also love that nearly every weekend I get a coupon for 50 cents off. I think they make their money by banking you won't return it the next day so they can charge you for a few more days, but I always do! They used to also give me a free movie on my birthday, but no more - sad.

amandam37
3/28/14

DO NOT USE REDBOX. I got dirty, sticky disks the first time I rented, then tried a second time and got EMPTY cases ! NOT WORTH THE HASTLE!!

paulb116
3/8/14

If you want to see a very popular movie, you must be prepared to be disappointed. On your everyday, crappy movies there is no problem. Situation is I want to see a VERY POPULAR movie, so I stop at the kiosk and there are no copies of it left. So I go home and do a "Hold For Pickup" on the movie. The website happily takes my payment and says I'm all set.

The website has no idea if the movie is really available in the kiosk, so if I then make a special trip to town to get the movie, it may or may not be there. I may or may not be wasting my time going there.

I've chatted with the customer service people at RedBox several times and, bottom line, yeah there's a flaw in the "Hold For Pickup" logic but if it makes a problem for you they'll straighten it out monetarily… of course they can't return your time or your gasoline.

I also found out there is no way to hold for tomorrow. If you ask for a hold today you get a hold for today(whether the movie is in the machine or not) if you want a hold for tomorrow, you have to wait for MIDNIGHT to tick by before you can do the hold. So maybe the best strategy for a POPULAR MOVIE is to do a hold for pickup just after the stroke of midnight and then plan on picking the movie up just before 9PM the next day.

michaelp69
Veteran Reviewer
8/22/13

IT IS EASY AND FAST. YOU GET INSTANT GRATIFICATION BY PICKING UP THE MOVIES YOU RESERVED ON THE SAME DAY FROM ANY LOCATION. I USE IT RENT NEWER MOVIES THAT TAKE NETFLIX TO LONG OF A WAIT. $1.50 FOR 1 DAY/NIGHT BLUE-RAY. $1.20 1 DAY/NIGHT DVD, $2 FOR A XBOX 360 GAME 1 DAY/NIGHT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF THEY HAVE OTHER CONSOLE GAMES THOUGH.

mariej2
7/4/13

The website has been totally screwed up for over a month. I can't even describe all of the problems because it would take forever! It sucks!

bradt2
11/24/12

This a great way to save money on movie rentals. I would recommend downloading the App. It is easy to use and you can reserve your movies for pick up.

juliannaw1
9/7/12

Redbox is great - easy to use, has a mobile app, great deals.

rjaa
8/17/12

Cheap and easy movie rentals. I like that you can reserve your movie online and then go pick it up. They also send you a free movie via text club the first monday or tuesday of every month. They also send out coupon/promo codes via text so check out the website and join the text club :)

joannen
Veteran Reviewer
7/29/11

Awesome site to review and reserve what movies are available in the redbox you rent from. They also provide ratings of movies that have been seen by others. Great site-Saves you time

michaelt5
10/13/10

Gone are the days of waiting at the return bin in Blockbuster.. hoping someone will drop off a new release.. I really like that I can reserve my rental over the internet and just have to go pick it up.

oliviam
9/25/10

For a buck a night you can rent DVDs from their kiosks. You need a credit or debt card to use. On their website you can reserve your DVDs and pickup location closest to you. If you keep your movie for more than one night, you'll be charged for each additional night. They have a lot of new release DVDs available.

toddl
5/20/10

Nice iphone app and until netflix gets more movies on download redbox will fill the void of major DVD rental stores going out of business. Netflix should have done this and added it to their "queue".

heathers3
5/19/10

Now that blockbuster and hollywood video no longer exist near me, I discovered this great new way to rent movies thanks to a review here on SJ. I don't like netflix because I rent movies at the last minute when I have nothing to do that night. Cheap and reliable.

jesseg
2/14/10

Redbox is a great low cost method of renting movies. You visit Redbox.com and you can reserve movies to be picked up at your local redbox. This helps you to get the movie you want, and saving you trips to the redbox, until you know your movie is in.

I have used this feature many times and like it. It works great, and hey a movie for $1 per night, who wouldn't like that.

I highly reccommend using this website and redbox for future movie rentals.

Best Online DVD Store Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber