US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sandrah38

I have only had to contact customer service once and they took care of my problem immediately. (in 20 reviews)

lindseym32

Much to my surprise, I received the first item only days after placing my order! (in 45 reviews)

rosen107

I ordered a cover for my macbook and it came in within 3 days. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ericab31
4/21/16

The Best Place so far to shopping online

byrond6
4/10/16

Purchased a Kohler kitchen sink. It arrived in an opened box with no protective packaging. Clearly, this sink had been returned. I am having it installed and will report if there is damage that I cannot see at present.

thomasm144
4/4/16

My experience with Rakuten started when I was searching for a camera for my wife, this particular camera averaged $750.00 for the camera alone. I stumbled across Rakuten and searched reviews, which were all positive. Rakuten offered the same camera for $680 and a whole accessory kit with it!

Upon checking out I recieved a notice that they would take $80 off my order for opening a credit card with them. Of course I did it. All together a recieved an amazing deal, and on top of that the credit company called me and wanted to confirm that I made the order before they charged me, which I was happy to know that their security was so vigilant.

My wife loves her camera and accessories. So the very least I can do is highly recommend Rakuten. It's a basically unknown company, but from my experience, a great one.

dixiem1
4/1/16

Bought a computer from Rakuten which was sold by Cameco. After 2 months hard drive failed and they would not replace even though under warranty. Also took for ever for them to send computer after I placed the order. I had to threaten cancelling order before they would send it.
I have contacted Rakuten and Cameco and neither one are of any help. Avoid and order from Amazon. They have great customer service.

qp4
3/18/16

Ordered merchandise, one item for $68 with $5 shipping. Heard nothing for two weeks. Contacted sales, they said the reseller reported "will pull from inventory and ship tomorrow." Week went by, no product. Contacted reseller, they said that they were no longer affiliated with Rakuten.

Boils down to Rakuten taking my $73 for an order they knew could never be fulfilled. Requested an order cancellation and refund, all I hear are crickets.

sherryw23
3/18/16

Placed an order with Rakuten on 3/10/16 expected delivery by 3/18/16 since I spent the money to expedite my order. I e-mailed them with no response . Found out the reason it never shipped but no one got in touch with me about the problem which could have been fixed immediately. I called and they were not concerned at all , didn't even try to help. I will never deal with Rakuten again.

starlynd
3/17/16

Where should I even start? Customer service is terrible except one women. They hung up on me about 2 times. I ordered an item and on the website it said 7 items left, so I payed for it. about 3 weeks later (Yesterday) wondering where my item is and why it has not been here yet, I call Rakuten and they tell me that my item was out of stock. Plus, they kept my money instead of sending it back! Not only are they liars, but also money hungry!

brandonl34
3/8/16

i ordered 6x9 speakers, a stereo, and an hdmi cord. i put the "rewardme" promo code in to get 5% off and that didn't work. and they bold face lied to me in an email saying it would show up later, it didn't! a few days later they send me an email saying they didn't check inventory on the speakers when i bought it and never updated the availability on their dilapidated web site. so they gave me a refund. then the stereo arrived and it was defective not being able to read my ipod which it was intended to do. now i can't get a hold of them for a RMA for a refund. i have left multiple emails with no response. they then send me an email asking me to review of their business and product (hdmi cord) of which i never received. what's the point of $#*!ing at them any more when other people need to know about their lack of ethics or accountability because they don't care. next stop is BBB and then my credit bureau to dispute charges.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH RAKUTEN.COM

jayh54
3/3/16

I have ordered several items from this company and it was all well handled.

constantinel
2/23/16

never recived item and they never reply to my email.

michaelk142
2/23/16

ordered one item and its has been 25 days now and they still havent sent it.. I emailed them and called them and they havent responded or answered... AVOID THIS COMPANY ALL THEY DO IS SCAM PEOPLE

hl36
2/15/16

Anyone would like to post comments about Rakuten closing down its marketplaces in Malaysia, Singapore and Inoonesia? Visit the https://www.facebook.com/RakutenMalaysiaSingaporeIndonesiaClosure

kukk1
2/12/16

ordered 1 item and never received, no one answers the phone or calls back. AVOID. Never ever again.

sheilas41
2/9/16

I made a first time purchase with this company and was very apprehensive since it was a fairly large purchase. I couldn't be more pleased. The item was delivered in less than a week, in good condition and no problems whatsoever. I would most certainly try them again in the future. Their price for the product was exceptional and shipping was free.

whg1
2/2/16

This website sells OEM or non-authenticated brand name product at regular price. When issue arises, they disappeared conveniently. Also they do NOT accept or post negative reviews. It's like a scam artist.

moeuns
2/1/16

I found that the prices on electronics are cheaper on this site than on Amazon. They also have really good daily sales on their homepage.

miket113
1/18/16

Bought a camcorder for my sister and it didn't work sent several emails to them to try to get it exchanged with no response whatsoever. Terrible customer service!! terrible product!!

mommar
1/14/16

First of all it took 6 weeks to get some supplements I ordered. When they finally came it was the same product I ordered nor was it the same number of capsules I ordered/paid for. After 5 emails and 3 attempted phone calls I can't get anyone to call me back or refund my money. Never again. Avoid this place!

bobz13
1/14/16

Rakuten has a million things you'd love to have, and they've kept their prices low. The one time I had to return an item, there was no problem. No questions asked and it was easy.

kmnk
1/13/16

I bought a Samsung watch as a gift from Rakuten.com. It was billed as "new" but it had obviously been repackaged and there were spots on the box where tape had been pulled off tearing away the packaging surface. It arrived at the last minute and I didn't have time to return it and get another gift so I gave it anyway. I just hope the recipient didn't notice that it had been repackaged. I was real embarrassed. Isn't there a law that you cannot sell a returned or refurbished item as new?

alvinr18
1/12/16

I bought a titanium diamond ring from Rakuten in November. They were all too happy to help me until they got their money. A stone fell out days later and after a month of emails i cannot get a response from them or the seller. Be careful out there people.

kend391
12/28/15

Yes, i would recommend.

cc148
12/9/15

I recently purchased my first Ukulele from Rakuten, and as always, I searched for best deal online. I never shopped from this place before, but I didn't think it would be this bad!

They advertised for Ukulele, case, tuner, beginner's book. and all I received was the Ukulele and the case. Of course, I paid few more bucks for this package, or I would have gotten just the Ukulele with the case.

So I called the customer service, and they didn't even bother to take my information and said ok we will ship you the rest of the product. So I asked, how do you know where to send the goods? and the rep keeps saying, I know it from the phone number you called from. So I trusted the guy, and a month later, nothing!

False advertising and lying straight to customers... ridiculous..

amandan23
12/3/15

The customer service is horrible. I placed an order on a travel bag and they refunded me the order 5 days after they received the payment and they cancelled my bag. I needed this bag by the week the order was cancelled. Now i have to wait another 10 days to receive my bag

peterl99
12/3/15

The customer service support is not the best. Still, it is a nice business concept.

aminez
11/30/15

djp6
11/19/15

I just wanted to warn anyone who maybe consider to become a seller on Rakuten... DON'T!
Their customer service support system is extremely unsatisfactory. They do not have a contact tel number nor a chat and the only way to communicate with them is through email. Majority of the emails they reply the day after. So, everything you do is on hold until you get an answer from them!

tomf54
11/6/15

I ordered a sub woofer and they sent me a Purse!!!
Called the purse company they said they received the order from Rakuten and that this was not the first time this happened where somebody ordered electronics and received a purse
Total scam..Heres the kicker after multiple emails and call NO SUBWOOFER AVALIBLE AT THAT PRICE..STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

jamess295
9/11/15

Ordered product and received in perfect condition within a week.

sandrah38
9/7/15

I have ordered from Rakuten many, many times over the past years. They offer great sales prices with free shipping and the orders usually arrive within 2-3 days. I have only had to contact customer service once and they took care of my problem immediately. I will continue shopping with them as long as they continue offering such great deals and quality products.

yusufa13
9/5/15

KEren juga, di indo sudah mulai ada rakuten.

dashas
9/2/15

I ordered a bathtub diverter faucet that was of high quality 100% metal construction. I paid $54. Instead of the high quality faucet that I ordered these low lifers sent me an inferior brand faucet that I see from looking online goes for $30.It is cheaply made with plastic parts instead of metal. It would cost me $14 shipping and handling to send the damn thing back to the seller plus they charge a 20% restocking fee. Rakuten is a scam company. I wish I had read the reviews of this company before I ordered from them. Don't order from this company or you will get screwed. They will send you a cheaper/used/damaged version of what you wanted. They are very clever thieves and know just how much to screw someone so they cant get in trouble and so it would be more hassle to the customer than it's worth dealing with those swindlers trying to get their money back.

marcop16
8/28/15

2015 May -
DO NOT BUY FROM ZOVERSTOCKS - it's RAKUTEN on amazon.

Why they sent me a CORRUPTED cd copy and did not refund me? Anyway why they did send me a corrupted copy at all! Why? This is illegal.

Rakuten I contacted you and you rejected all the requests. Shame on you! Thieves.

They have on amazon a 95% rate of satisfaction which is actually a LOW rate! Watch out.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE. Low price low quality - it's like a russian roulette. Spend better on better websites.

katel65
8/17/15

Sometimes no. I sometimes find a better deal elsewhere.

darrens35
8/8/15

Please do not trust this website. Scam City.

richr19
8/5/15

Any problem with a fly by night vendor they host taking your money and delivering no product is met with the response "Rakuten.com is a virtual mall hosting sellers from all over .....we ask our customers to contact the seller directly ".
Status of vendor web site: Unavailable
If you're the owner of this store (shopbeyondlimits.com)
Please sign in to resolve the issue, or contact support.

kj153
7/12/15

I ordered what was clearly indicated as "Brand New" headphones. What I got was used headphones along with the previous owner's earwax still in the headphones. Ewww!
I ordered from them because they were a "trusted Google site." Stay away from these guys!

I contacted both the Rakuten and the seller. No response.

vm26
6/10/15

False and deceitful practices. Shipped refurbished product when the description clearly stated "Brand New". Never responded to repeated enquiries.
WORST SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!

johnt219
6/9/15

Buy.com was a good site, once the change happened the site was on borrowed time.
I got a Rakuten mastercard to get $80 in points and purchase a very nice watch.
Took two months to get the card in my hands, I only got $60 in points and the watch was sold out never to return.
After days and two calls, get an email from the highest level of customer service, which agreed that I didn't get my card on time to get the $20 in points, but refused to give them to me.

I order a 70d, I again don't get the promo points just the $8.19 for the purchase.
Then order is placed on hold, because they can't confirm the address of their own credit card, and mind you I have no changes both addresses have been on file since the BUY.com days.

There used to be deals on BUY.com, I remember ordering 50% of parts for building my editing computers years ago, but now you would be lucky to get %10 below going price by using all your points. The deals are gone, the customer service is gone and so am I.
Closing the new mastercard as its the least helpful card for rewards ever.

erichf
5/19/15

Rakuten.com is the worst online shopping site I've ever used. Not only was it a pain in the ass just to place my order, but upon trying to request to cancel the order at 11:00 YESTERDAY, and making 2 requests to customer service to cancel the order, the order was shipped this morning, anyway. I called customer service this morning, and they said they can't cancel the order because it's already shipped. I'll be disputing the charge as soon as it's posted, and after I refuse the package upon delivery, I'll be sure never to order from them again.

Just use Newegg.com, Amazon, or Micro Center.

steveg67
5/1/15

I purchased a refurbished laptop from this seller and had a number of issues. First, it arrived late. It also did not work properly and was actually somewhat dirty when I received it. I spoke with their customer service (after I had installed anti-virus) and was told how to repair the unit. I then found, after providing them with the number from the back of the unit, that it had not actually been "completely" refurbished. I had to return it to them (at my cost) to get a refund, which turned out to be $20 short of the full amount, even though I was promised in writing to get a full refund due to their issues. When I attempted to contact them (email is all they accept) I received no response. They suck!

nathand24
4/18/15

Hi, I brought an Xbox One in a super sale late March'15, I received X25 Rakuten points which works out to be £25 worth to spend within the website. What I didn't expect was it expire in 2days of having them, they gave me the points which I deserved and asit was mid week I set the Xbox up and had a little go, next day went to work and was on a 12hour shift, next day was the same.. Didn't actually sit down until the weekend which I was planning to get my nephew some xbox one credit (like the points to buy stuff on the store). Saw that they expired. Contacted Rakuten and they told me super points expire within 2days of having them, they told me it states it in the Ts & Cs.. So went back onto their website and in the Ts & Cs it only mentions the points you get from every purchase, it also says that points will expire after 1 year if not used and you will receive an email giving you notice so you can use them.
My argument was that I did read the Ts & Cs and was expecting to have them in my account for a year, plus it was only 5 days which I left them in my account for... As this situation was not outlined in the Ts & Cs I contacted Custoner Service, they could not help me with anything so I emailed complaints as this was totally unfair, we had a debate whether they were in the wrong and it turns out they would not credit me again, not crediting me as I was entitled to have them in the first place was pathetic, I also DIDNT receive an email telling me it was for only 2 days.. End of the day Rakuten are a joke, prices may look good and the only reason I brought the Xbox off their site was it made it cheaper as I was getting the £25 worth of points back, if I wasn't getting this I'm losing out and now have ended up paying more..
DO NOT BUY FROM RAKUTEN!!!

nh56
4/14/15

I purchased a mirror on Rakuten and they promised it would ship in 7 days. It has been weeks and there is no mirror and no notification of shipment. When I try to find out where my order is, I receive a robot email telling me they are not responsible for it! They were quite eager to take my money but they took the money and never delivered the product.

Buyer beware! This internet site appears to be a scam and a rip off. Read the reviews online before you make a purchase. Learn from my $$$ mistake!

maryr83
4/1/15

Would never purchase from this site or Nilima home again...contacted co & after receiving email that they did not have item I wanted...they sent a different item..charged me & would not listen to explanations regarding their actions...I even mailed a hard copy of photos & ex
planation of item I wanted & what they sent...staff was quite rude & felt that they had satisfied an order they stated they could not fill......BUYER BE WARE!!!

antoineb22
2/4/15

Hate this website, worst rip off from Amazon.

annetteg5
2/3/15

I bought a photo scanner from this site. It arrived in a reasonable time frame. However, the product did not work. I first contact the seller...no response. Then I got rakuten customer service involved. They gave me the run around for 2 weeks. Finally I contacted the people at Google (as Rakuten is a Google Trusted Store). As soon as Google stepped in I received a full refund, a $10 gift certificate to use on Rakuten (not that I will buy from them EVER) and a $25 gift card from Google for all my troubles.

stephanek
2/2/15

I used this site once in my life and i will never ever think about it again

chadh24
1/22/15

High prices just sends you to best buy and I won't pay for the name to get a gadget

pankajd2
1/16/15

I purchase the item on December 20th 2014 and that suppose to be gift to someone i waited so long. But I received email on Jan. 8 2015 that my order is cancelled as they are out of stock. this not the way to business, If you do not have in stock do not take order or do not complete the order after taking order on Christmas time. If you complete the order then its their responsibility to complete the order, no matter they have it or not they have to arrange for item and supply to buyer. Very disappointed will never buy from this site.

rachellel4
1/16/15

Great site to shop, has ALL the essentials and more. Tends to beat other stores on many prices.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Rakuten staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question