US Government's NSF

23 Reviews for Rakuten

▼ Sort by: recent

7/19/14

AVOID THIS VENDOR

They use many questionable vendors to supply products.
They refused a refund on a damaged product due to their handling.
I had to resort to PayPal claim and it was settled in my favor OK.

NEVER USE RAKUTEN COM OR BUY COM

7/3/14

Every year, tens of thousands of African elephants are killed each year for their ivory. Vast quantities of both elephant ivory are sold on online marketplace sites in Japan, the largest of which is Rakuten.com.

Google and Amazon have removed ivory products, however, the largest online marketplace, Rakuten.com, profits from the cruelty by selling ivory on its site, which it hopes to expand its brand in the U.S. and U.K. A recent survey showed over 28,000 ivory items for sale on its site.

6/29/14

I ordered the 4 in 1 dog training collar and when it arrived the receiver had something rattling in it. The receiver did not work at all. I contacted the seller and was told that I would get a new receiver sent out to me to replace the broken one. I was good with that as I wanted to give them the opportunity to make it right. That one finally arrived and did not work as it was not the one that went to the remote control. I have sent more emails and still no response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am sure I will not get my refund on this order as well since my service has been bad.

6/23/14

Wrong product showed up. Was told NICELY that it was not their problem, contact seller. I do not have time for this. Should have used Amazon. 2 dollars more, best return policy. I will NEVER use Ratuten ever again.

6/13/14

I love this place. It reminds me a lot of amazon actually. I've purchased several things from this company and haven't had any issues when it has come to delivery or getting the product I ordered.

5/30/14

CONSUMER BEWARE!
I purchased a Canon T3 rebel from Rakuten, for $401.72, just the camera and lens nothing else included. The day I got the camera I went online to buy a bag for it and found the same camera with the lens, and a plethora of other things such as, battery, battery backup, 16g storage, the carrying bag, a tripod and a bunch of there tools and cleaning supplies for only $309!!! WTF!!! I emailed Rakuten because they have a "low price guarantee policy" they then refused to honor it because they said that Amazon Market place was not considered one of their competitors because it was third party selling. Are you kidding me??? SO IS RAKUTEN!! My camera was actually shipped from ZeeMo! Also a third party vendor!!

They are liars and their products are over priced, wish I would have done more research and read these reviews before purchasing from them! By the way, none of this additional information was posted on their site!

5/21/14

Bad! Ordered a microwave, paid for it, did not get a confirmation email for roughly 4-5 hours. Finally, the confirmation email arrived. Few hours later I received another email informing me that my purchase was refunded. There was no explanation as to why? The site automatically created an account for me when I made the purchase, but I never received an email with my user name and password. Finally figured out that they used my email address as the user name but was unable to obtain the password. The "Forgot my password" link was not functional. After I realized that I won't be able to log into the site to find our more information about the cancelled purchase; I thought about calling them to see why my purchase was cancelled. But, later figured I would move on not waste any more time. I am upset at giving my personal information to them at the time when I placed the ordered. However, it could have been a lot worse than that. I read other reviews about people waiting for couple of weeks even up to a month for their item. After they reach out to Rakuten they would simply inform them at that time that the item is on backorder. Horrible!!!

5/19/14

Very poor customers services! I send 3 emails after I purchased a camera without any answers from them to let me know if was canceled or nothing! ! I still don't know what happened... DON'T BUY FROM RAKUTEM.com

5/12/14

The advertised item ended up being a poor counterfeit.
Rakuten .com puts all the responsibility to correct a bad sale on the vendor who just ripped you off. Rakuten.com plays an "arms length" denial position. "Not us"..."we didn't do that!", but they continue to advertise and sell the same product as genuine.
Got my money back only because I used PayPal. THEY know how to support the customer in these situations.
Would NEVER buy another product from the Rakuten.com site.

5/10/14

My worst online shopping experience ever........horrible customer service....horrible!

5/5/14

I've recently purchase 2 sets for dining chairs from Rakuten's website and received only 1 set. Rakuten asked to try work things out directly with the seller-123Stores. 123 stores said that they've had an error on the listing and the price was only for one chair although the listing clearly called out the price for a set of 2 chairs. 123stores refused to ship the balance of my order and asked to accept a small credit against the 2 chairs that I've received. The credit wasn't even 50% of the paid price, therefore I've asked Rakuten to help. After emails over emails and hours on hold they discuss the issue with the seller and provided with a 50% refund for the balance of the order. Now, I have 2 chairs and I need to find 2 more chairs to match the ones that I've received. What a hassle!!!I've wasted so much time by dealing with these people....I warn you DON'T BUY from RAKUTEN or 123 Stores!!!

4/29/14

I ordered a cover for my macbook and it came in within 3 days. It also came with a screen protector and keyboard thing. But both things were poor quality so I threw it out. My friend recommended this site to me because the cover only cost $10 plus free shipping. They have a different sale every day. I didn't really have any problems, so I gave three stars. They do email you once or twice a day for promotions.. But you can just unsubscribe.

3/26/14

Recommend NOT buying from Rakuten. If you do, your email inbox will be flooded by unwanted emails hawing (probably) unwanted stuff. Very annoying experience.

3/20/14

No doubt it has great prices on lots of items but the website is not easy to use. Need improvement. Hope it will last

3/15/14

Called customer service, they should change their name to "I don't give a damn about customers". I had a problem with my order - the item I received was not what I ordered. I called customer service, they gave me the run around saying that they were not the seller and I have to call the seller. The seller said to call Ratuken. I asked to speak to a supervisor in America, still very frustrating. Never ever going to shop here again.

1/22/14

On Jan. 17, 2014 I purchased a "new" Panasonic DLP TV, (actually a 2005 model), for a little over $100. I received an immediate email confirmation of the order, acknowledging the receipt of payment, and confirming shipping of the TV. I did not receive a TV, but instead received a lamp assembly for the TV. I have called the seller three times and left two messages about this, but no reply has been received.

1/8/14

Classic bait and switch operation. I ordered a stainless steel vernier caliper, and received a PLASTIC one.

1/3/14

Ordered a cd player for my son for Christmas through a seller on Rakuten. It was never shipped, they never even had it to begin with and we were relying on it for a Christmas present. I tried contacted the seller and they didn't respond to any of my three inquiries.

I asked Rakuten.com for assistance with their seller since they "hold their sellers to high standards" and claim they will respond within one business day. They said they were unable to help me and I needed to keep contacting the seller.

Eventually, I had to google the seller to find their phone number to call. Rakuten would not stand by their seller and assist me when this company didn't have the cd player to begin with but had no trouble taking my money.

12/31/13

Item bought was shipped through fedex, fedex lost item twice before finally shipping item. Item shipped was wrong and was not even close to what I purchased. Customer service was unable to assist me or contact third party seller for the replacement for 3 business days. Replacement could not be shipped for almost 2 weeks after complaint was filed. Overall my experience was HORRIBLE with RAKUTEN. Though, don't worry, they gave me a $5 off gift card like i'll ever shop here again.

10/3/13

Rakuten is a great place to buy random electronics and other "Japanese" products. I think it used to be Buy.com which if I recall correctly was not as good.

10/2/13

Why do the star ratings not go into the negatives. Worst, most infuriating online experience ever! Initially ordered on the 3rd of September. 3 days later, I had still not received a conformation email of any sort. So I went back on their site. Turns out my order is on hold. I spend hours on hold waiting to talk to completely unhelpful costumer support reps, OK never mind, I'm not even wasting anymore time on this company. It seems like it is run by a roomful of monkeys, so expect service as such,
Thanks,

7/2/13

i was really in a huge need for 5 acer notebook specific model BZ897 i found 1 on ebay and two on rakuten.com place an order on ebay and received the notebook really fast placed an order for two acer notebook on rakuten.com never received the item had to contact customer service to receive the refund. does anybody here know a trustworthy site that i can buy acer BZ897 i really need to find 4 more of those for my company please contact me to let me know where i can buy more
thanks

5/27/13

I bought a really cheap ASUS tablet from Rakuten. It was much cheaper than the one I was going to get at Best Buy. The tablet came without trouble so I can't comment on Rakuten's return policy but I did receive it promptly.

The Best Electronics Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber