US Government's NSF
leslieq2

11 Reviews for Rakuten

▼ Sort by: recent

3/26/14

Recommend NOT buying from Rakuten. If you do, your email inbox will be flooded by unwanted emails hawing (probably) unwanted stuff. Very annoying experience.

3/20/14

No doubt it has great prices on lots of items but the website is not easy to use. Need improvement. Hope it will last

3/15/14

Called customer service, they should change their name to "I don't give a damn about customers". I had a problem with my order - the item I received was not what I ordered. I called customer service, they gave me the run around saying that they were not the seller and I have to call the seller. The seller said to call Ratuken. I asked to speak to a supervisor in America, still very frustrating. Never ever going to shop here again.

1/22/14

On Jan. 17, 2014 I purchased a "new" Panasonic DLP TV, (actually a 2005 model), for a little over $100. I received an immediate email confirmation of the order, acknowledging the receipt of payment, and confirming shipping of the TV. I did not receive a TV, but instead received a lamp assembly for the TV. I have called the seller three times and left two messages about this, but no reply has been received.

1/8/14

Classic bait and switch operation. I ordered a stainless steel vernier caliper, and received a PLASTIC one.

1/3/14

Ordered a cd player for my son for Christmas through a seller on Rakuten. It was never shipped, they never even had it to begin with and we were relying on it for a Christmas present. I tried contacted the seller and they didn't respond to any of my three inquiries.

I asked Rakuten.com for assistance with their seller since they "hold their sellers to high standards" and claim they will respond within one business day. They said they were unable to help me and I needed to keep contacting the seller.

Eventually, I had to google the seller to find their phone number to call. Rakuten would not stand by their seller and assist me when this company didn't have the cd player to begin with but had no trouble taking my money.

12/31/13

Item bought was shipped through fedex, fedex lost item twice before finally shipping item. Item shipped was wrong and was not even close to what I purchased. Customer service was unable to assist me or contact third party seller for the replacement for 3 business days. Replacement could not be shipped for almost 2 weeks after complaint was filed. Overall my experience was HORRIBLE with RAKUTEN. Though, don't worry, they gave me a $5 off gift card like i'll ever shop here again.

10/3/13

Rakuten is a great place to buy random electronics and other "Japanese" products. I think it used to be Buy.com which if I recall correctly was not as good.

10/2/13

Why do the star ratings not go into the negatives. Worst, most infuriating online experience ever! Initially ordered on the 3rd of September. 3 days later, I had still not received a conformation email of any sort. So I went back on their site. Turns out my order is on hold. I spend hours on hold waiting to talk to completely unhelpful costumer support reps, OK never mind, I'm not even wasting anymore time on this company. It seems like it is run by a roomful of monkeys, so expect service as such,
Thanks,

7/2/13

i was really in a huge need for 5 acer notebook specific model BZ897 i found 1 on ebay and two on rakuten.com place an order on ebay and received the notebook really fast placed an order for two acer notebook on rakuten.com never received the item had to contact customer service to receive the refund. does anybody here know a trustworthy site that i can buy acer BZ897 i really need to find 4 more of those for my company please contact me to let me know where i can buy more
thanks

5/27/13

I bought a really cheap ASUS tablet from Rakuten. It was much cheaper than the one I was going to get at Best Buy. The tablet came without trouble so I can't comment on Rakuten's return policy but I did receive it promptly.

About Rakuten
Specialties & Business Description
Rakuten is a marketplace for buyers and sellers of products ranging from consumer electronics to video games to clothing, household products and health and beauty. Rakuten was formerly Buy.com.