US Government's NSF

1st Review:
orangeo

729 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

11/24/10

watch for that i start this web from two computer one with login second not on computer with my login i could not find any good transaction higger than 50$ gift card vouchers etc in other computer i saw many auctions 200$ gift cards laptops tv but when i try put auctions numbers on my account login to this side computer is show no auctions!!!! somebody plays games !!!!! and make loooooooooooooots of money big money with that way!!! don't be stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1and don't waste your money

11/24/10

Gambling, greed, and the allure of the deal make this site seem attractive, but I can only advise to stay away.You'll be asked to purchase "bids" for around $50, then on your first "beginner" auction you'll be amazed how easy it was too purchase more bids--as you win another 25 bids for the ridiculously low price of a few pennies--plus a $2 transaction fee they throw in for fun. Thats where the fun ends.

When it comes to anything of value, you'll waste hours watching alleged users bid up the price of items to ridiculous levels. You'll see
IPADS ( retail $700) sell for $45 and you may think thats a bargain...but lets look at the math. Each bid costs 60 cents, and to get to $45 QUIbids received 4500 of them--all of them generated by real customers ( so they claim). . Thats $2700 in revenue for a product that they simply order from a supplier who then adds their shipping fee. Not a bad profit!

Now, lets look at the prospective bidders. Of the 4500 bids, 4499 were losing bids--they got nothing for their money! Thats the same strategy as a pyramid scheme that has 12 levels! You do the math.... Worse yet, you add the gambling spin to this, and you have a business model that can't fail--until someone shuts them down.

Yes, you'll find testimonials denying all of this--most written by QUIbids staff or their shills. They will argue that there is no internal bid generation, and that they lose money on many items. They claim that their margins are only slightly bigger than Walmarts, and that there is no wrong doing. They used to say the dame thing about heroin 100 years ago.

Ive also noticed other biddding sites-- xbids.com for example that have the identical graphic interface, and operation as Quibids...hmmmm....

My advice--demand your money back--call yoru credit card company--threaten legal action--and be a little smarter next time. Smarter than I was anyway:)

11/24/10

I think that any site that charges you simply to register smacks of a scam. As soon as I realized my credit card had already been charged for a batch of bids I never asked for, I unregistered. If I don't get a refund on my card, I will know for certain the site is truly a scam. Everything about it feels like scam. Its tempting you in with "too good to be true" chances at buying something for next to nothing. But in the end, you will have spent a lot of money to end up losing an auction.

11/23/10

Well it IS a scam, It IS called FALSE ADVERTISING. If they say this iPad only sold for $115 it is not really sold for 115 actual united states dollars, it's sold for 115 QuiBid dollars (which at $0.60 united states dollar per 1 Quibid Cent comes out to $6900 United states dollars !!!!!!!) Which really should say iPad sold for $6900 united states dollars !!!!!!!!!!! This is called misleading of the worse kind !!!!!! if the general interpretation of the people is that is actually sold for $115 united states dollars, it is considered misleading and should be better re-frased! They've shut ad compaigns and products down on misleading information which could lead to misinterpretation, I don't know why the FTC doesn't shut them down !!!!!!
It's the $ in front of the 115 that misleads you !!!!!! BEWARE !!!!

11/23/10

This website is a scam. They advertise the positive aspects of the website, but they do not inform customers that they will be charged to sign up. On the sign up page, they ask for a credit card number for when item are won. They do not state that the credit card will be charged the 48 dollars I believe to sign up. It is a scam, and anyone should avoid it.

11/22/10

Let me start off by saying; I completely agree with many of the reviews already posted, I have read reviews form both sides, and agree with points made form both sides. Also, that i am a collage student with almost no money. I also have spent very little ($70 over all) on this site.

I Have won a few items, and for very few bids, as well at a decently low price from the site. HOWEVER, a lot of it does seem like a scam, and no doubt exists in my mind that the people running the site are making a killing off it. Many times when biding i would get out bid at the last second (or it would freeze at the last second, and i would be out bid), and the person who just out bid me had at the same time managed to placed a bid on a different item to out bid some one else. If you ask me it sounds like a bot. a lot of the items i gave up on, because i didn't want to waste my bids, money, and time against a bot. So yes, i did lose some money and time on the site. But if you set limits for yourself, and be willing to let stuff go, it is possible to get decent items for cheep.

That said, the site is BBB Accredited. They are up front about what, the risks are, and that it will ultimately cost you your money. I get why many people are mad about this site, if you don't win it can seem like a huge scam, and you can waste a lot of your hard earned money. But the point remans that you need to cautious with your money. Before you put your money into something, do a little research, and use your brain.

11/22/10

This site is a complete scam. It cost you $.60 per bid and every time a bid is made additional time is added to the clock ensuring that you and others will make more bids.

Please contact your state attorney generals office and the BBB. The business is operated out of Oklahoma. Additionally dispute the charges with your credit card company. Websites like this should not be allow to operate in this fashion and we should take it upon ourselves to make sure these scams do not go un-noticed.

11/22/10

well i think it is a scam. i joind quibids, i read all if the fine print, terms and conditions. I thought well we will see. So i registerd got a email, logged into my accout and a the first page pops up and says thank you for tour 48 dollar purchase. i also recived and email saying thank you. i never made and purchase, authorized anything what so ever. nothing was even mentiond to me about any purchasing, i didnt even get fully logged into my account to make any purchase. i tried the support tab on their page go figure it did not work. so i sent in an email and have not heard anything yet

11/20/10

I think that if it seems too good to be true...it probably is. I looked around and items I would be most interested in were big ticket with low bid incriments. If I'm going to spend 100 bids (60 bucks worth) and end up bidding $1.20 on an item that I'm sure to get outbid on, I'll just go spend my bucks elsewhere. To me, this is about as logical as spending $60 to window shop and then going to a different store to make the purchase.

11/20/10

I won a micro camcorder from this web site. When I received the item it was faulty and the company that makes it advised to contact Quibids to make arrangements to to return the camera for a replacement. Quibids gave me a address for returns for Amazon.com saying Amazon was one of their vendors. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing I contacted Amazon. Amazon advised me they do not do businees with Quibids and without a return number from Amazon they not track the item I returned to them. I have sent several emails to Quibids and each time I am told they will look into it and get back to me in a couple of days. I have also called a customer service phone number that Quibids list on their web site and it goes to a private parties voice mail. Will never use this auction site again. Will be checking into filing charges of theft with the local district attorneys office.

11/19/10

After signing up and spending $60 on bids I won two low ticket items quickly. This boosted my confidence in the site but everything went downhill from there. Subsequently I have bid on a number of items and have never won. On many, I was prepared to bid all the way but the clock expired before the auction hit 1 second. I complained to customer service (Mike) who admitted they do not have control of when an auction might end because of "internet lag". I am happy to copy and paste his emails here if anyone is interested. The bottom line is their platform is flawed. The most critical element of their auctions is the clock and, by their own admission, they cannot control the clock outside their internal system. This is tantamount to FRAUD!

11/19/10

This is the definition of a "bait and switch" scheme. They lure you to sign up by showing you auctions for big-ticket items like Mac computers, big-screen TV's, and cameras. After you sign up and start bidding and buying more bids, for a while you still have those big-ticket items available to you.

Then suddenly, usually once you have already spent some money on bidding for more bids (another of their schemes whereby you use the bids you paid for to bid for more bids, ostensibly at a lower price), the big-ticket auctions disappear. You still have plenty of junk you can bid on, just none of those items that brought you to the site.

Initially, like me, you may believe it is just coincidence, that the items will be available in the future again and that they just ran out. I though that, until I followed the come-on ads again to the site and discovered to my dismay that there were lots of big-ticket auctions happening- they just weren't available to me. They already had my money!

STAY AWAY!!!!

11/19/10

Their auction is more like gambling site, except you don't know the odds. One of the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen. The even have what they call "beginner auctions" which you can only participate in once; they let you "win" one to suck you in. Makes you feel violated. Thieves!

11/19/10

I guess I am one of the thousands out there that got dooped. I won bidding vouchers and when I paid for them the transaction went fast and easy. I said to myself this is easy and fun, so I went back to bid on other items and I won what I bid on, I went to pay for them and I ran into an error page. I emailed Quibids support, got no response and I tried again still no response. several days pasted and next thing I found out the items were cancelled cause I took too long for me to pay for the items I won. No bids credited back to my account. $#@!&*%^^(*^&^$

11/18/10

So I've been watching this site for a while now. I have purchased bids and bid on a few products but have only won a 25 bid voucher. I have a pretty good idea as of how to this site works but noticed something really odd today. I'm particularly interested in an iPad and have noticed that lately there are very few up for auction. In the past when going to the site I always logged in first and then did a search, well for some reason today I decided to do a search first and then log in if they had anything. So I searched for iPad and sure enough there is a 64 GB and 16 GB version up for auction this morning. So I log in and when the page renews I type in iPad again in the search field… no ipads listed?! What the hell. So I clear all my cookies, browser history and so on. Open a new explorer window and do a search again, nada. I grab my iPhone go to the site and just do a search and again the 64 GB and 16 GB versions show up so I click on the 64 GB auctions, click the bid button which brings me to the log in page. I log in and it re-routes me back to the home page? So I do a search again and nothing. I check my page to see if it listed it as an auction that I am participating in and nothing. Something is seriously going on with this site. I'll admit that I have been logged in and watched about 6-8 iPad auctions just to get an idea of how things worked and if there were any trends that I noticed. So it seems like their system has made a note as of to what I'm looking at and now won't allow me to view them or participate in the auctions. Can you say scam?

11/18/10

Pithetic scam and needs to be shut down by the Feds. Suck people into bidding and purchasing bids then when you win an item you have invested two to three times what the itme is worth. Stay away and stick with ebay.

11/18/10

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - I was immediately charged $48 upon signing up and immediately terminated my account and contacted Quibids to refund the charges. They are a terrible company. PLEASE Save Yourself and steer very far away from this company.

11/18/10

This is NOT an auction website. This is a game of chance. A total rip-off. I predict they will be shut down soon. BEWARE!

11/17/10

Chad, Nov 17 10:59 am (CST):
Hi Chad,

Similar to the beginner auctions that we offer, and as stated in our terms and conditions, we may tailor our auctions for our customers to help keep our site as exciting and fun as possible. QuiBids has so many auctions ending at the same time that we can't simply show each user all auctions. We do this to limit competition and decrease server load so you have a better chance of winning. If we showed you all auctions, we may very well have 1.7 million people bidding on the same item. We do it to better your chances of winning. Our number one goal is to maintain a great user experience for all customers, along with balancing heavy strain on our servers.

If you find an item you really want to bid on, we advise adding it to your watch list.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance, and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Chad
QuiBids Customer Support

Chad Buechler, Nov 17 10:57 am (CST):
why are the gift card auctions that reach about 10% of the value suddenly gone from view after refresh and unsearchable. they become private auctions. and people doing research or bidding are unable to see all of the higher auctions. please disclose this somewhere on the site or i will complain to every board i can find. like jabber for one. reply with care i'm only giving you one chance.

11/16/10

Quibids is Spam. I was watching bid for Ipad for last an hour. First of all there is for sure people from site, or even some program runs, when bids place going on for last hour every 3 sec with the same group of "people". Would you bid an item every 3 sec if there 1 hour left?, No, you will check it out, place bid once, that it works, you got to see your logo and you wait untill last 10 sec. But bids going on and on with no cense. For last 15 sec time stopped for about 10 min and bids are still going on and on. Then finally it star moving down, but then up... but no in order, not like clock would work, 15, 14, 13 sec and then 15, 14 , 12, 10... 11, 12, 15 skipping back and forth. It is not even actual clock, and how you can trust clock if your winning depends on it? Then it went through 15sec period and stack on 10 sec ( for last 47 min so far, I still watching and just think, You got to b kidding!) There is no real people, it is all program runs; nobody will let you have Ipad or TV for pennies! Now let's try to get our money back! It will be another story!

11/16/10

I joined QuiBids last weekend and think it is a pretty cool site. I haven't made a killing, but have won a couple of things and did a "Buy it Now" on a Walmart Gift Card that I did not win (yes I had to pay a $1.99 service change, but that was better than losing the $$$'s that I used on bids). I figured the $2 was the cost of the entertainment.

There is tons of information available on the site, along with hints on how to make good decisions. They do advertise the best recent wins (they show you an IPAD that won for $3.54, not the one that was bid up to $111). The most important thing is to only bid on things that you really want or will be buying anyway.

My best suggestion is to start by bidding on gift cards to places that you frequent anyway and be willing to Buy It Now if you don't win.

11/16/10

People, people. I didn't have to visit this website, just read a few of your reviews. Patronising one of these penny auction sites, seems to me, is like playing blackjack in a casino where you have to wear a blindfold and all your cards are on the table. You have no idea whether the dealer is cheating or not. It might be possible for one of these sites to be run honestly, but unless there's some outside regulator watching over them, you have no way to tell. And there is no outside regulator. (There ain't no Federal Auction Administration!)

But if you're the kind of person who doesn't mind taking chances with completely anonymous strangers, well I have $2.5 million on deposit in a Nigerian bank and I just need someone with a USA bank account to help me transfer it into this country...

11/16/10

BEWARE - BOTS. Tricks you into purchasing "bid credits" in order to have the right to bid on an item will below retail. The problem is that you're bidding against their bots that only seem to kick in if you show interest (ie - place a bid) on a product. Shame on them!

11/16/10

you can tell the people who work for the site they tell you how lucky and fun and how they got that $1800 computer for $3.40 and how great it is to be an american. Then they give you all the math numbers on such a good deal. But when you try to win it you need to have patients and be SMART and be willing to pay up to 75% of real cost plus shipping and a finger up your butt....buddha says you don't need it anyways

11/15/10

All these penny auction sites are a scam. I was ripped off by their other site Jumbocloseouts for $150. They seduce the potential victim with a fake news video. With quibids it was on Comcast's home page luring people to click into their slick ad. Once there you will see a video of an actual news station talking about auctions. If you look in small, tiny letters you will see a statement that quibids or (fill in the blank) is not affiliated in any way to this site.

Please don't be taken and don't give them a chance. In my case I thought I was signing up for free bids and within one click my credit card was billed for $150. I know, I know! Stupid me. I thought I was smarter than this but one second was all it took and my money was gone. As soon as I clicked that button, I knew something was wrong. Of course, I contacted them right away and many times but they lie. Fortunately I went to my local police and got a report and filed with my bank to get my money back. It took weeks and a lot of time just for that one second click.

Also, when I was emailing jumbocloseouts my desktop computer froze and started acting strange. The next day my computer would not power on and it is still completely dead. I had no problems whatsoever with my computer until I went on their site but it is hard to prove. I read of one other person saying their computer started acting up when on this auction site but I can't remember where I read it. Would like to know if anyone else had this experience?

11/15/10

If you understand what is happening, then Quibids is "ok" I guess. Maybe my big struggle is the fact that most people do NOT know, and that Quibids is making HUGE profits on its "inventory". Quibids is NOT an auction.. Not really. IT's more like a controlled "raffle", or better yet, like taking several pulls at the slot machine trying to hit the "777" along with hundreds of others at the same time.

The LONG:
Consider an example of a recent "auction".
Some people thing the site is a scam.. There is really no reason for Quibids to shill their own auctions considering a $1,800 MacBook Pro (costing them about $1,400 wholesale), will fetch as many as or more than 30,000 bids at a penny each.
Understand that every bid costs the bidder 60 cents, and only raises the purchase price by a PENNY.

Recently, a MacBook Pro sold for over $300.00. This is a "great" deal for the lucky winner. I say Winner because what people are really doing is buying RAFFLE "tickets", or as Quibids calls them, "Bid Vouchers".

Do the math on this auction, where the lucky winner won the right to buy the MacBook..

300 dollars equals 30,000 bids at 60 cents each (remember there may be several bidders trying for the same item, and over a period of 5, 7, 10, 15, hours, this is a FACT.

Most new users buy a bid package that costs $60.00. This 60 bucks gets the new user 100 bid tokens (vouchers). What does that represent in the aforementioned auction?
ONE-DOLLAR in bids at a penny increment each, BUT, at a cost of $60.00 going in.

So, it is easy to see how this bidder can bid him/herself right out of $60 and have nothing to show for, except for an option to pay FULL retail for the item minus the bid costs.

NOW, I am not saying this is a RipOff, but, people NEED to understand what is happening, and remember that they essentially, ARE gambling to win an item of value. The ONLY redeeming factor is that you can buy the item as stated above, if you don't win, therefore, if you are/were planning to make a MacBook purchase anyways, you may consider taking the gamble, and if you lose, make the Full-Retail purchase.

There are lots of items in Quibids. I "won" a Kaloric Water Kettle for 4 cents and about 6 dollars in shipping. I "won" a knife sharpener for 2 cents and about 6 bucks shipping. The "retail" value of those 2 items was about $60.00. I "spent" my other bids trying to win a MacBook, so in the end, I PAID for my items in full. Of course, I didn't win the big item (MacBook), AND therein lies the question..

..Does Quibids let users win the cheap stuff and then shill out the expensive stuff?
The answer is: how would we ever know? We can't know, They really don't need to have shills, because; using the MacBook Pro example above, let's look at the AMAZING math in favor of Quibids:

Quibids Wholesale cost of the Laptop?: About $1,400.00 (retail $1,800.00)
Sold for: $300.00 (equal to 30,000 bids, at 60 cents each, giving Quibids $18,000.00 in bid revenue). Remember the bids Cost the user 60 cents each and the bid goes up only a penny each time you bid. There are several people bidding a penny at a time costing them 60 cents for EVERY bid.

Here is the final math: (note, this is an rounded-off estimate of an actual auction that closed recently)

30,000 bids cost the aggregate bidders a total of $18,000.00! EIGHTEEN-THOUSAND Dollars!, for ONE laptop.
One lucky person wins the item for $300.00, PLUS the number of his/her own bids. This is variable. I seen what appear to be people who've walked away with a win after only bidding a few times, and others (the stubborn ones) bidding hundreds of times.

IN the end, there is NO reason for Quibids to cheat. They are Raking in over $18,000.00 on this one auction alone! One lucky winner and a BUNCH of losers.

FINAL NOTE:
To come away a winner at/on this site, ONLY attempt to purchase items you are in the market for, and at the very worst, you will pay FULL Retail plus shipping costs. Quibids seems to price/value their items at the Highest of Retail Value.. especially on the junky stuff.

11/14/10

Quibids.has glitches,paused auctions and technical difficulties which hamper the bidder and can result in loss winnings and even,deactivation of an account.
This is frightning especially if you have five thousand dollars at play as I did.
I think Quibids should be terminated by the trade commission.
There is a pending class action suite which may serve the purpose.

11/13/10

I do not reccomend this site to anyone. I spent $60.00 on bids being what they showed to be true how great it is!! The only thing I won was more bids. Then that cost a $2.00 transaction fee plus the bids you lost on winning it. Go figure. I did win a $50.00 gift card for AMC theaters but to my surprise there is not an AMC theaters here or even within 50 miles, had to pay for the shipping also. Go figure. The closest one I found was Las Vegas, NV. Yeah spend more money. I wish I had seen this site before I bought bids. They make it sound like everyone wins because there are so many items up for auction...lol! I guess you have to be really stupid, I am ,or have lots on money to place the bids to get a 62" tv for $42.97. I sat and watched the bids. Someone won a $25 CVS gift card for $1.84 so I thought ok there are a few going for that price. I start bidding and low and behold it's up to $10.00 magically. WOW!!! i see on there all the time how little things go for but when I start bidding I eventually ran out of bids. They offer me more for part of the price. NO!!!

11/13/10

Spent $48 so I could bid on items. after about an hour I was out of bids and didn't win anything. Shouldn't have to pay to bid.. stay away from this site it's a ripoff. I just wasted $48

11/13/10

This is a COMPLETE RIP OFF!! I would not suggest bidding on bids... that's how they get you. You pay 60 cents per bid and they go fast. I'm sure these guys are making a bundle, but they will not be getting any more of my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/12/10

this is a scam i monitored the bids from different machines, and i can see the robots bidding in different auctions at the same time. the rules clearly says one auction at a time but hell no, try it your self open two machines and watch the bids, you will see and identify the robots.
i spent already 50 USD on nothing, its a big scam

11/12/10

Oh my gosh! The people from Quibids are, simply put, GREEDY!!! I understand that you have to know how to bid and you have to be patient, etc, etc. But for them to make over $7000 for a a $700 product is outrageous! If you win, great! You get the product for cheap. If you don't, you're out how ever much you put in to trying to win the bid. You can buy the product as buy it now, but it costs $900 for a product that you can purchase at a merchant for $700. And as much as they make off of the bids, they're gonna charge a shipping fee? How greedy can you get? I placed a bid and won the $25 bids for newcomers. They charge you a $2 fee to process it. REALLY????? I saw a news clip that said that these people are trying to help people during these tough economic times. How are they helping people who are placing bids in hopes to win the product but end up losing? I hope this site gets shut down.

Yes, I wrote this review as a comment to another reviewer. But i feel strongly enough to want to give this a "can't get any worse than this" rating.

11/12/10

You must buy your bids up front at $.60 each and in specific packages. Each bidding round is cheap on the face value but people forget they are also spending those $.60 bids each time. If an iPad goes for $80.00 on auction then that's a great buy but how many bids did it take you to get there? What people also forget about is this, the compnany is making an ENORMOUS killing. That $80.00 for the iPad at $.01 incriments was actually 8000 bids. 8000 bids at $.60 each gave the company a whopping $4,800.00 for an $800.00 iPad. I'm going to start my own online auction site. Anybody want in?

11/12/10

Until now I've never been so motivated to "out" a scam site. It's probably all legal, but you don't win anything except more bids. I'm convinced there's software there to prevent anyone from actually leaving with money. It makes Casinos and Lotto look guaranteed by comparison. Grrrr. -Nalts

11/11/10

Quibids is a scam and falsely represents itself. You purchase tickets and then "spend" them on bids. At the end of the auction, when you do not win the auction (and you never will), you are offered the same product you were bidding on for the "fair" market price minus what you "spent" in bids already. It makes it sound like a great deal. If you decide not to take them up on the offer, then the bids you "spent" on the item are gone, and so is your money.

So let's say your bidding on an iPad. These cost $500 minimum. Let's just say 100 people are bidding on the iPad that the web site says is going for $5.00. It goes up in one cent increments. People are spending their bids and the price is up around $10.00 now. So that's 100 people each bidding somewhere between $0.06 to $10.00 for the $500 iPad. Now you need calculus for this, but I would say that they have collected way more than the $500 for that one item, the iPad.

In the end, "one" person wins the item for let's just say $15.00. Awesome deal! Everyone else is given the opportunity to buy the iPad for a fair amount minus what they have already spent in bids. Meanwhile, they could have collected thousands of dollars selling just one item and then turn and offer you that item for what you could go buy it for in the store. Oh, and do I know that person that won the item? It doesn't take a genius to figure out a simple mathematical problem could make it all a computer generated ghost that bids on the item until they make their profit.

Oh, and if you bid, no matter how much, you lose the money to them. At least when I bid on eBay, I don't have to pay if I don't win.

If you fell for this, I am sorry, but as P.T. Barnum put it, "There's a sucker born every minute."

11/9/10

QuiBids purchases the Amazon Kindle for $259.00. It then schedules an auction for the Kindle to end sometime in the near future. Each auction has a banner in the upper left corner that indicates what cent increment the auction is. That number can be $.01, $.02, $.05, $.10, or $.20. It represents how much the final sales price will increase each time a bid is placed.

So an auction is scheduled for the Amazon Kindle as a $.02 auction and as the timer counts down bids begin to be placed by users who are competing for a chance to win. Eventually, the bidding ends at the price of $8.70. Because it was a $.02 auction that means that there were a total of 435 bids placed during the course of the auction.

435 bids x $.60 bid = $261.00

Cost for QuiBids to Purchase the Amazon Kindle = $259.00

Cost for the Auction Winner to Purchase the Amazon Kindle = $8.70

The bidding in this auction paid for QuiBids cost to buy the product. As a result the winner of the auction was able to win a Kindle at a 90% discount to its retail price.

11/8/10

It's a scam -- I bought a 75 bid packet, earned 25 bids, just lost out on a 50 bid packet - so then got an offer to buy the 50 bid packet for 9 bucks.... Figured out how to use the auto bid .... something that had gone 10 minutes ago for a 25 cent bid was up to 4.00 and 4 bids and 10 seconds before it hit my autobid limit all of a sudden the item was gone... tried again on a different item and the same type game..... DON"T PLAY THE GAME ... You're more likely to get something if you put it in the keno machine -- or a gumball machine even!!!

11/4/10

I was intially lured in with a site advertising penny auctions - what a laugh! The next thing I know iI am linked with QUIBIDS!-RUN FOR THE FOREST ALL YE UNENLIGHTENED!. They sucker you in with a QUOTE" SATISFACTION GUARANTEE". BOGUS! They agree t give your money back, if you did't get "clipped" yet. They notified me that I had to put up a $48.00 deposit to participate in the auction. I started bidding on "BIDS", and was informedthat these were done in .60 cent increments. NOW WHAT THEY DON;'T TELL YOU IS THAT THE BIDS COUNTDOWN IN 10 SECOND INCREMENTS AND EVERY TIME YOU BID, YOU ARE CHARGED 0.60 CENTS, JUST TO BID! IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WINS THE BID, IT STILL COST 0.60 JUST TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT. SUDDENLY THERE IS AN ACCOUNTING MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY $48.00 WAS GONE-IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES-AND I NEVER WON ONE SINGLE THING. I CONTINUED TO WATCH THIS ITEM, SUPPOSEDLY IN IT'S LAST TEN SECONDS- AND THERE NEVER WAS A WINNER!
I can see how this site is making money hands over fists- they are just sticking their hands in our internet accounts and robbing us BLIND! DON'T SHOP THIS SITE-UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY. THEY ALSO SEEM TO STICK IT TO PEOPLE FOR DIFFERENT INITAL AMOUNTS-ISN'T THAT STRANGE THAT THEY DON'T REQUIRE THE SAME DEPOSIT AMOUNTS FOR US ALL. I SAW ON THEIR SITE THAT SOMEONE ONE A BLINDER FOR 0.56 CENTS, BUT I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO BID IN INCREMENTS OF LESS THAN 0.60 CENTS. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A GAL THERE NAMED DARBY TOLD ME TO WRITE TO BETTER BUSINESS IF I WANTED TO AND THEN HUNG UP ON ME! STAY AWAY FROM THIS RIP OFF SITE.

11/2/10

well i joined this site sunday-spent my 48.00 on a small bid pack of 80-i won my limit of 3 auctions a day the first 2 days- 115.00 in gift cards w/ small amounts of bids included in the wins-i still have 55 bids left which equal 33.00-id say im ahead of the game! i tried a little bidding on an ipad but its get way out of hand-im cheap and won't give up my bids that easily

11/2/10

Quibids is gambling, plain and not so simple. Bidding is offering to pay a price for something. Wagering is something (usually money) risked on an uncertain event. Quibids is not a scam. You buy bids at U.S. $0.60 each, minimum 45 or something, and you use those bids (wagers) to bid on "auctions" (gambling) in hopes to win. Each bid increases the auction price between $.01 and $.10 AND end time by 10-20 seconds giving someone else the chance to bid. In the end, the last bidder (because nobody else has bid in time) wins the auction. Sometimes auctions go for $.01. Do people win things like Apple Ipads for $25? Sure it's possible and are the products real? Yes, I know from experience.

The business model: what you need to realize up front. Every time you bid on something, each bid costs you $.60. Bids are non-refundable whether you win the auction or not. The winner pays the final price of the auction, usually a small fraction of what the actual price might be, and shipping. Remember that bids are pre-purchased so figure that into the price as well. Shipping and handling is reasonable and in my experience, quick. Lets have an example; I'm currently watching a Bushnell night vision 50x scope up on the block. Original end time was 45 minutes ago but because people keep bidding, the time gets extended. Bids for this auction increase the price by $.02, current price is $10.46. That's a great price! I researched this item and it routinely sells at retailers for $200+ . Remember that only the last bidder is going to pay that price. In the meantime, I've watched many other bidders spend hundreds of bids "wagering" that they will be the final bidder. Many bidders drop out because they are sick that they have simply lost that money or simply run out of bids. Back to our example, how does quibids make money? Let's say that scope sold for $10.46. That's 1046/2 (increment increase) x$.60 (cost of each bid) or $313.80 + the cost of the auction $10.46 for a total quibids has made of $324.26, get the idea? Remember that only the winner will get the product, all others are out however many losing bids they placed, hundreds and in the case of our example, 522 $.60 bids. Currently, the scope is up to $13.60.
Is there a strategy for you to win or increase your odds? Sure there are strategies to help but none are sure things. Keep in mind that this is really gambling and you will be better able to work the site to your advantage. Watch the products and understand what a product will sell for so you don't bid un-necessarily low. You might go so far as to watch individual bidders and know how serious a bidder they are. Would you sit next to a card counter and play Blackjack? Some bidders have a computer program that will automatically tell them when to bid based on the 2 factors I just mentioned to increase their chance of winning.
In the end, here are some do's and don'ts:
Do:
Keep in mind this is in reality, gambling.
Have a limit on how many bids you're willing to spend on an item and stick with it.
Have a strategy for each item.
Start small and have fun.
Don't:
Spend money (especially on buying bids) you can't afford to lose!
Bid on buying more bids.
Think your going to win that laptop your first trip out.

10/27/10

I have bid on a couple of things on this site but have totally rethought the whole Quibids idea. Here's why:

Let's say, for example, that you are bidding on a $200 gift card with a 1 cent bid, and let's say that you win the gift card bid for HALF the price with only 10 bids. You have paid $6.00 for the bids, plus the $100 for the card. Great bargain for you, but is Quibids losing money? Hardly.

At 1 penny per bid, the $100.00 card would be 10,000 bids, or 10,000 pennies.
Since each penny increase costs SOMEONE 60 cents, so the company makes .61. Let's do the math: 10,000 (pennies) x 61 cents (60 cent bid + 1 cent increment increase = brace yourself: $6,100.00!! Even if Quibids pays full price for the gift card, and I believe they are, they are STILL making a killing! I'm all for making a dollar, but collectively we are getting screwed while they are laughing their butts off all the way to the bank....

Wanna see something MORE outrageous? They currently have a 60" LG plasma TV for bid that they have listed as $1,887.00 value. Let's say that goes for 1/2 price, which would be $943.50, at 1 cent increments, equals 94350 bids x 61 cents each = 57,553.50. (This DOES include the end purchase price of $943.50, but does that make us feel all warm and fuzzy?)

Still a deal for SOMEONE, but it's the principal of the thing. Their site states that they take a loss on many things, but it couldn't possibly be equal to what they are raking in.

10/25/10

While I don't doubt that people "win" auctions here, I'll BET that there are also bots putting in bids to keep some of them running so you'll keep bidding. In just my first (and only) day trying this (today), I just saw too many instances where as long as I was bidding on an item, the clock would keep resetting by "other bids" to keep it going - but within 30 seconds after I gave up on the item, the damn thing would "sell". I saw it too many times to believe that it wasn't being controlled internally. At least it only cost me $45 to learn this lesson.

10/23/10

I can personally tell you that I got involved with the bidding for one of the laptops. I was prepared to pay retail for the laptop so I bid till the very last few seconds, I'm talking more than five hours of 2 cent bidding. In the end, Quibids froze me out with a message that I had been on the site for too long. In that moment, someone else won the bid. In my research I have found that this is not uncommon. It's a felony to fix an auction. I am currently pursuing this with them. Please write me if you have had a similar experience. In the meantime, I shouldn't have to tell you to avoid this fraudulent site.

10/23/10

First I want to say..I do NOT work for the website, nor do I know anyone who does. I live in WI and am in upper management. My husband stumbled across this site and started bidding. I was extremely angry with him when I found out and told him all the things in the negative comments...it's a scam, you have to BUY your bids?, etc. But being the husband, he of course listened to me the way he always does and continued to bid anyways. Well I can't complain anymore! We have won a flatscreen TV, a juicer, a Garmin, a new printer, and a handful of giftcards. Our final price and the cost of the bids has NEVER exceeded the MSRV.
That being said , it IS gambling, you can't begin bidding and expect to win every item. There is a certain amont of luck involved. We also watch the auctions VERY carefully before bidding and will never bid against Autobidders.
So if you use common sense and reccognize there is a certain amount of chance I say go for it, but it you can't afford to gamble then don't play.
I'm going to go have a fresh glass of OJ and watch my new TV

10/20/10

It's rigged like a scam. The real winners are the site owners. "Discounted" price is 20-50% higher than a going street price. No real auction works the way this one setup (read: rigged): you are charged for your bids. As a result, the price of the item you are bidding on has nothing to do with the item but with the revenue stream for the owners because if you don't win a bid, you lose all the money spent on the abstract bids.

10/20/10

THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!! It is NOT an auction site although it appears to operate that way. Just like any other gambling site, if you do not have the money to lose, don't play. You have a better chance at winning the lottery.

10/18/10

I've tried this site twice and the same thing happened both times. The item that sold extremely cheap on the previous auction then sold for a larger amount on the auction I participated. While I was observing the auction I noticed that there are some people who are dominate bidders that continuously bid for hours just to keep the auction going. People were willing to pay only $50 the day before now they will pay over $100. It finally hit me that the people who are dominating the bidding could just as well be working for Quibids and be jacking up the bidding and they are not really paying for their bids. The really people bidding are making the assumption that everyone bidding is legit. I also noticed that they deactivated the bid-o-matic option before my 25 bids were used. They change the rules in the middle of the game. That's pretty shady.

10/18/10

I thought it would be a good way to purchase things at a cheaper price; however, when you do the math, you end up paying more than the site advertises. i have won a few little things- one which still hasn't been delivered [promised delivery within 14 days]. Still waiting.
I am also skeptical about the bidders- they seem to be the same ones online whenever I am. I also wonder when you see someone win a really expensive item for only a few dollars. do they really win? or is this a way to keep people trying to win.
I am not sure if I will play alot- the purchase of bids does add up and since I am not wealthy at all- one can go broke easily. It is a gamble, but Vegas odds seem a bit better.

10/17/10

I would like to clarify that I am not an employee nor a relative of this website.

I recently stumbled across the site while surfing the web. I read and then watched the auctions. When I initially started bidding, the website actually attempted to discourage me in my bid decision. I ignored the advice to return to the "beginners" auctions and played with the big boys. My decision paid off, I won a DSLR camera at a good price. I set my price limit and would encourage anyone who bids at this site to do the same.

I did and do not feel that the bidding is rigged. I am a "real" person with a "real" experience at QuiBids. I do not think I will win everything I bid on, but I look forward to future bids, gifts and fun!!!

10/17/10

OMG, I saw this quibid advertised on Alternet so I thought it could be trusted. I plan to notify them of this SCAM in hopes they will drop their adds. Like one person said, 'who pays for bids at an auction?' I thought it was like ebay, so I bid on a camcorder that said, $5.90, after giving them my credit card info, it immediately said I won it for $48. I sent their contact support...whatever, a very nasty email only to get a message saying it would take 2-3 business days for them to respond. I didn't complete their 'confirmation' thing hoping that the transaction wouldn't be completed. I haven't yet checked to see if they charged my credit card. I don't see how this can be legal. I will contact Clark Howard next and maybe with enough complaints these scumbags will be shut down!

About QuiBids
Specialties & Business Description
QuiBids is a penny auction site.