US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lloydm

This "person" could have bought this item using "Buy Now" at least 5-6 times over. (in 414 reviews)

mattl38

My advice: Try it ONLY if you have money to burn and you really don't care if you lose it – like at a Casino. (in 365 reviews)

ronm45

I, too, paid $60 for the original 100 bids and won $75 in gift cards and won a kitchen appliance valued at over $120. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bonniea1
1/16/11

I logged on to Quibids, bought 60.00 worth of bids. I bid on a few items and lost the 60.00 in no time. You should be able to bid when there are 1 and 2 seconds left. I lost the items when bidding at 1 and 2 seconds left, a screen came up that stated the time was up and the item sold. Also, as they add items to their screen, the item you are bidding on moves and you have to watch closely or you will bid on an entirely separate item.

fq
1/15/11

Totally negative experience with the products and website. My complaints are more with their business model than the idea that they are fixing auctions internally. One thing you need to understand is that Quibids doesn't have any of the merchandise that you are bidding on. When you win an item or buy it with buy it now, they have it drop shipped from various vendors and they usually just buy it on site like Amazon and have it drop shipped to you. One of many many problems with that, is that you buy it from one organization and it is supplied by a private vendor. Then when it shows up and it's an former display unit, opened return or refurbished unit, what do you do? Who do you complain to? How do you return it for a refund? Thats where the Quibids shell game comes in. Contact Quibids and they will tell you to return it to the vendor at your shipping expense (BS). The vendor will say that they didn't sell you (John Doe) an item, they sold Quibids the item, so they can't accept a return from John Doe since he didn't buy anything. If you are thinking credit card chargeback, your credit card company will say "you paid Quibids, send it back to Quibids", but Quibids says they don't want it and won't accept it. The big smoke and mirror game is that your financial transaction is with quibids to buy bids not buy a particular item. So, lets say you bought 500 bids for $300 and you invested those bids on a $600 laptop and lost, but you decided to apply that $300 that you had lost to the ever and over inflated VALUE PRICE that they put on things. Then lets say you needed to return it because it was broken or faulty. Even though you paid $600 for it in total, they will only refund you $300 that you paid in a lump sum, not the $300 that you used to buy 500 bids that they say can be applied to the purchase price. The other thing to be very worried about are vendors bidding on the vary items that they are selling to Quibids and ultimately supplying to you. The bottom line is that vendors and quibids benefit from the more losers that there are. So, it's quite easy for a vendor to bid on the very item that he is supplying because by doing so, he may create 20 losers that ultimately "BUT IT NOW" and thats 20 sales for him.

rippedo3
1/15/11

First they took $60, which they refused to return, then when I finally did use the bids the site crashed but bids kept piling up on the items I'd been bidding on. There were no figures nor bidder names on the screen that tracks bids, but bids kept increasing on the total area!
What a ripoff!!! I only used the site because it had been recommended by a major broadcast company, When are they going to do the scam report on this company????

da1186
1/15/11

They took me for a total of $100.27.
While I won several "voucher" auctions, the $2.00 transaction fee + price ran it up a bit+ one "buy it now" for $30.
When I DID win a item, and tried to pay for it, (it is still pending,) they could "...not verify that this is a valid address".
It was VALID enough to take my money, but NOT to send the merchandise; but at least they would NOT let me pay for it.
I also noticed some "problems" with bidding:
1. the timers. Down to 10 second timer when OTHERS are bidding, but when I bid, jumps to 20 second timer in SEVERAL instances.
2. bid with time left on countdown, instead of update, get notice another party won; MORE than once.
3. Support is supposed to get back to you within 24-48 hours. STILL WAITING at 72+ hours.
4. "watching" several auctions and have seen timer with over 5 minutes go to "sold" in next update; always at very LOW bid amounts.

Having seen some of these "irregularities", I set up a record screen program on one auction. One where I lost to the only OTHER bidder with time still on clock.
Wonder what a judge will think of it, since it has a "running" time stamp as well to show it was NOT edited.

At .60 a bid, and .01 increase, they would make enough to be honest IF they have enough bidders, which if they are NOT company "bots" bidding they do. Instead they apparently cheat, and MAY be a complete scam. (1,000 bids is only $10.00 item value, but makes them $600.00!)

noras1
1/15/11

CAREFUL. I singed up for this sight and it automatically charged me. There was no confirm of charges button, it just automatically charged me once i put in my credit care details and hit a submit button. The agree to charges guidelines must have been in very small tiny print because i was waiting to read that. I buy items online all the time so I am not naive, they are just very cleaver in collecting your money.
So whatever, i payed the 60.00 dollar to join. It almost seems impossible to win an item. The gift cards seem like the easiest to win. I literately waited almost 7 hours to see if I could win a camera. I was just watching and waiting for an opportunity and it appeared like bots were bidding, the same 3 or 4 people constantly bidding. They say a sucker is born every minute. I was no exception! I have no one to blame but myself. Dont waste your money on quibids. Its a junk sight.

rogers4
1/15/11

I probably should have checked out this penny auction site before getting involved but I did not. So far my experience has not been completely negative but I also do not plan to continue buying bids. I purchased a membership for $48 which got me 80 bids at 60 cents per bid. I was looking for a new LCD monitor and they suspiciously had one very similar to those I had looked at on other sites such as eBay and Amazon.com. I should back up a little and mention that shortly after shopping elsewhere I received an invitation to check out Quibids on my home email. Coincidence? Maybe. Anyway, I watched a few auctions and decided to use up some of my $48 by bidding on this monitor. I set my max bid price at $19.99 and my max number of bids at 10 for starters. I was bidding against two other "people". By the way, you can tell who is using the auto bid function and who is not while watching the auction. At that point of the auction I was the only one using auto bid and after six bids ($3.60) I won the monitor for 28 cents. "Great" I thought. For $3.60+$14.99 shipping + $.28 = $18.87 I had a brand new monitor that had a buy it now value of $149.99. The same monitor was selling on amazon.com for $147.99. Even if I never bid on another item in the next six months and lose my remaining 74 bids I should be able to say that I got a $149.99 monitor for a total investment of $63.27. That is assuming they actually ship the damned thing which they have not done yet and the auction ended about two weeks ago. That is also assuming it actually works if and when I ever do receive it. If everything goes well I will probably burn up my remaining bids but I doubt I would ever purchase any additional bids. Too risky. I think so long as you stay disciplined and look at this as at best a one-time deal and not allow yourself to be hooked you might be able to come out on top. Did I just get lucky? Is it rigged? Was I "allowed" to win as a first time bidder? Who knows. My best advice is to proceed with caution and if you actually need something and want it shipped in a reasonable amount of time...buy it elsewhere.

ec9
1/13/11

A waste of money and TIME! Try to bid on any item of interest. You don't have the time or enough money to last long enough. At a Penney a bid(for most auctions), an item of value could last for days and once you have bid, there is no way to win unless you happen upon the max amount anyone would bid. And, they make of you, 60 cents a bid. Would be much fairer to charge a penny a bid as what is used. They could allow for someone to up the bid as in an actual auction. This would speed up the auctions, but why do it this way, when they get the 60 cents per bid, so what's the rush? Let the fools (I'm one!) bid and get nothing, other than low cost items. In conclusion, stay away from QuiBids unless you like throwing good money away. Try the Casinos as your odds of winning is better.

thei
1/12/11

i was having trouble filing suit against this house of fraud, so I looked up its whois registration data:
The site is registered to :
Administrative Contact:
4 NE 10th Str
Suite 242
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
US

@ spokeo it appears oklahoma has four listings under his name
it would probably be fun to call 411 ask for this guy and then give him a piece of your mind.

unlike the warsaw pact nations phishers and fraudsters, this one has a linkedin account where he proudly claims to be the proud owner of quibids.

here is a picture of him incase you see him on the street:

hope this information helps you file suit

rolands
1/12/11

I was shocked to find out that after I had bid over $100.00 for an item and didn't win the auction, I lost all the money I bid. It was never refunded after the auction was over. This website is a total scam. That's how they can offer the products at such reduced rates; everyone who bids is technically paying for the item. When I called their customer support to see about getting my money back (or at least a credit for the money I lost) they told me "there is nothing [they] could do for me."

angelaf1
1/11/11

It is true...the owners of this site make a TON of money off what they are selling...I mean if 100 people bid for an item (making it a $1.00 for you) they are making .60 for each bid....so $60 for them...but every business goes in to make a profit. HOWEVER, YOU make a profit too....I only bid once on a $25 gift card to a place I would have shopped and spent money at anyways...I got the gift card for 5 cents!! So .05 plus my .60 bid plus $2 for shipping means I got a $25 gift card for $2.65 so made a profit too...yes, they make their money but so what if it benefits you?

ds12
1/10/11

I wanted to get some information on this site so I went to the online chat. I asked "how do I know you are not bidding against me so your company earns an extra $.60 per every bid I make" The answer "You can return any product that you win with in 21 days" I asked the same question again, the answer " I have limited information please go to our FAQ section" Obviously they can't type the correct answer because that would indicate an acknowledgment of a crime if they ever were investigated.
You that have been scammed by this site should seriously think about reporting this to where ever you saw this advertised. What a joke. Though greed can help fuel an economy, it has some serious negative side effects, stupidity being one.

sierram
1/8/11

Does anyone know if the legal rule of having 2 business days to cancel (or whatever it is) applies to signing up with Quibids? I registered today hoping to bid on headphones. Once I gave my payment info (thinking it w/b used for payments and ship costs) I was instantly sent a message thanking me for purchasing $60 worth of bids! There's no way I would have bid that many times!

I contacted them thru their email system and was told that was the only way a new member can join! What's up with that? I see they have a 'newcomer' rate of $27 - but I was never even given a choice!

I haven't even participated in this site but am out 60 bucks! Can I join the class action suit?

tobys1
1/7/11

I only bid on gift cards and for awhile everything was good. Now. however, I'm not receiving the cards I won and customer support is not helpful, to say the least. I think my bidding days are over.

danh6
1/7/11

Yea, the site is most likely a scam. Remember, anything sounds too good to be true most likely is.

But I give this site an extra star because of its most interesting chat representative, Kelly. Now Kelly and I had some long chats, but she is very elusive. But I found out that she is 24, her birthday is January 14th, is from the "LA area," and has a boyfriend. However, when I asked if they engaged in carnal relations, she replied "That is inappropriate." Most intriguing indeed.

crispinl

Absolute ripoff!!!!!
Seems like they have their own people bidding you up and the moment you bid elsewhere it goes. very suspicious!!!!

jaredr1
1/7/11

This website is a big ole scam. It's a good idea for the person who owns this business, but for those who are bidding, it's horrible. There's one major flaw with this site for the users........and that is, that someone who hasn't been bidding on an item can just come in and start bidding on an item, which isn't a huge deal in and of itself but here's the problem. Let's say you have 100 dollars worth of bidding vouchers wrapped into a bid, well someone can come in and start bidding only using 60 cents of bidding money/vouchers spent. Trust me, this bidding web site is a huge scam, and I'm not putting any more money into, it just never ends, you will lose money using this web site!!

seanm4
1/6/11

You can't win! I thought I tried it after watching a couple of simularly priced items sell around $35 to $45. I had a price break point of $90 for an Ipod. I waited until the bid got to about $35 letting these two people fight it out and exhaust their bids, then jumped in. The person (or bot) by the name of "epperson" kept going. Then "camilovc" and several others came in. In the end I stopped at $85, I was out of bids and was no where near my price break point. Guess what after I stopped bidding the auction was won. The moment after! I wrote down the amount of times "epperson" and "camilovc" were biding on items in an hours time. "camilovc" bid 300+ times in an hour most on a TV and saw the name appear on multiple items after; I couldn't keep track and doubt a person really could. "epperson" bid about 127 times on one item an iPad at .60 cents per bid thats 76 dollars in bids alone not including the final price of $98. Either these guys are bots or seriously don't care about lost costs.

georgem10
1/5/11

My Personal experience. At first without thinking about the ins and outs of this auction scheme, I thought what an opportunity! I purchased 100 bids for $60. Each bid cost you 60 cents. All would be great if everyone won with one or a few bids. Let me use a gift card for Wal Mart as an example - A $25 gift card may sell for a $5.00 final bid but to reach this amount on this penny. It would take 500 bids so multiply that by 60 cents for each bid and that gift card made someone or Quibids $300 minus face value of card. The winning bidder spent $5.00 + $1.99 shipping + however many bids multiplied by (.60 each) he or she made.
My personal experience with my purchase of 100 bids, I won three ($25, $25 and $15) gift cards and used all bids purchased. I had to pay $5.97 total for shipping. I basically broke even. I believe I was very fortunate for this outcome. This was a learning experience and DO NOT plan to return and take more chances! This is basically gambling in my opinion and a scam to get peoples money in a very clever way. Think this through before getting involved. I hope this helps someone and more! GOD bless! John 3:16-18

ex2
1/3/11

Thankfully, I never spent any money at Quibids. The first red flag was that they wouldn't let me see any items until I paid them $48.00! I live in Las Vegas. I don't gamble here and I'm not going to gamble online! Quidbids is a gambling site and they make 30x the actual cost of a product before any bidder is allowed to win. It's called "shill" bidding. A few legitimate people are actually bidding, but, a machine is making fake bids in order to increase the price. You can NEVER win. By the time an auction ends an item going for $40.00 MSRP will have made $1200.00 from various bidders. You will lose your hard-earned money. Do yourself a favor and stop gambling your money away. Nothing in life is free. If it looks too good to be true-- IT IS!

davida18
1/1/11

This is a gambling site. The key to a good gambling construct is that it gives you the appearance that you can win (like the red/black bet on roulette) and it takes a lot of money to find out you can't.

Sure the money for a bid you buy can be credited to the item, so don't bother bidding on something unless you are willing to go all the way and wind up spending full retail price plus some fees.

Also, they have two types of bids: Ones that count toward a purchase and ones that do not. If you win bids in an auction, those don't count in the purchase price. They keep trying to get you to bid on bids, and this is one way you will definitely loose money.

As a gambling site goes, there could be worse. But like the casinos, you will eventually rue the day that you went in to play.

20 bidders bidding on the same item can't all win it at a price for less than retail.

You can develop some strategies that help you out, but in the end, all it takes is one bidder who is willing to go the distance to come in after you and you will wind up paying full price or more for the item.

Also, the drive up the prices by adding on their voucher bids.

I also won several items and didn't receive them, and I was planning on using them as gifts. One was a set of headphones for my wife's birthday, and it took them two months to ship them. Another was some headphones for my son's Christmas present, and they finally refunded me, in bids not cash, just a couple of days before Christmas. This is after I wrote them daily for nearly a month. I won on November 3 and wasn't "refunded" until December 23.

If you have a problem with gambling, this site is a pit fall. You can get some good wins in there, but in the end, you will loose. That is gambling, buddy. And the more you play, the more you lose. Period.

This is a gambling site. Avoid.

michaelg10
12/31/10

I have watched many of their auctions and have participated in a few. I find that auctions do sometimes have a tendency to end when I stop bidding. To test my theory, I bid up to the FULL PRICE on a laptop, which was $1044. I was going to purchase this laptop anyway, and I wanted to see if I could "win" it at about 75% of the purchase price. No big surprise, but I was the second to last bidder AGAIN. I bid for six hours straight, as did a good half dozen other bidders. As soon as I reached full price for the item and stopped bidding, none of the other 6 or 7 bidders bid again and the auction was over. I truly believe that many of the bidders on this site are bots employed by the company. (And yes, there are those who may say I have more money than brains... and in this case, I have to agree.) If you can't afford or don't want to purchase an item at their full price, I would not frequent this site past the first couple of auctions that they appear to "let" you win.

alejandroa
12/30/10

After reading how a penny auctions work, and after reading all the tutorials at their site, on what to expect "These auctions are high risk/high reward and they should be treated that way" (http://tinyurl.com/28eqfy6)... I enter a bid expecting to pay if I have to the full price on the product that I wanted... The problems was that I ended paying $333USD for a TaylorMade R9 Driver, that the Manufacturer (Taylor Made is selling at $299.. the Value price for this auction was $399, $100 more than the actual price that all the respect seller are selling them.. When I ask for my money back, or at least consider the possibility to refund the overprice paid ($33USD), they answer "if you would like, you can return this item for the transaction price...Erik QuiBids Customer Support" this money will be $16.48.. So I had to swallow my loss and accept my error on trusting this company,.. When I ask for the product even after is overprice, they answer "I spoke to the vendor concerning this order and it appears this item is on back order. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes..Sincerely, Carly QuiBids Customer Support" .. once again.. all other respectable sellers have them on regular 5.day delivery time.. I ended buying from golfsmith.com the same driver, received 5 days after and I pay $299.. as for the driver "won" in the auction, Im still waiting from this despicable company to ship it, so I can sell it back and recover some money... If some one is planning on trying penny auction, I´ll urge you to use your money some other site..
This is the auction http://tinyurl.com/2a2c9ko, and this is the price from a trully respectable company..

amyw8
12/29/10

OK, I watched this website a while and at first thought, 'this is a good money maker for the owners.' This was when I thought the bids were 10 cents a bid. Then I looked further into it and discovered the 60 cent bid cost! OMG, do the people understand how much the owners are making on that iPad that goes for $200 on Quibid, that cost $600 normally priced? Well if they have bots pushing up the price they are making less than it seems but... they are robbing people by making 1000% plus profits. The winner may make a deal but with all the subsidies from the other gamblers, the final cost is too steep.

When I looked the 65GB iPad was close to $150. Since there are 2 types of bids, 2 cent bids and 1 cent bids, the website owners had already made between $4500 and $9000 on bids alone. Seems like robbery to me. To make a 640% to 1280% profit from MSRP (I'm sure they buy in bulk for half though) for a product that they didn't have RD in, should be considered immoral. It is one thing to run a gambling site, that is what this is, and run a good profit, it is another to screw the many who don't get it. These people are raking in bidders money and making millions. It doesn't take long for them to make, millions off other people's losses. I understand gambling is fun, and there are statistics of when to play, time of day, price of product, etc... but there should be a limit on the percent won by the house.

This site is making millions of dollars a day off people's ignorance. Bids are way over priced. The chance of winning and the true final cost are way too steep.

If you win a $100 Kindle at Quibid, thank all the other idiots for subsidizing a $6100 dollar Kindle + taxes and shipping. You would think they would cover shipping at least!

bruces6
12/29/10

I have used QuiBids with fairly successful results...that is until three of the gift cards I received were INVALID. Attempts to contact customer service by e-mail have gone unanswered. I contacted customer service by phone and was assured that the cards would be activated. Three days later and nothing. i posted a comment on the QuiBids FaceBook page detailing my experience and providing a link to the Oklahoma State Attorney General's website for complaints (QuiBids is based in Oklahoma). Within minutes, my post was removed and yet they don't have time to answer e-mails or take care of paying customers???

annb4
12/29/10

Once I understood how the site worked, I started making more money than I was spending and I enjoy the entertainment of bidding. I have played on a few sites and always come back to Quibids. I feel they are the best bidding site that I have come across. I have had a positve experience...just make sure you learn and read the rules and you should come out a winner!

gailm1
12/29/10

this website is similar to swipebids.com (see reviews). what made me write a review here is i wanted to check this site out to see if these news people who purport to have "checked out" one of these penny auction sites, by bidding and then reporting their somewhat positive findings. i think this is also made up.
just look at what everyone says and steer clear. i actually read dale's review on the swipebids review site months ago. i looked to see if it was still there, but it wasn't. i remember it word for word. i didn't memorize it, but i remember reading it carefully at the time as i was very interested in his calculations and analysis from his standpoint. my review was also gone. but this website is the same, and it looks to me like "dale" got a pt job with swipebids and now with qbids as well, pulling people in with the calculations that most people wouldn't understand, or bother to check out for themselves.
i got scammed out of hundreds of dollars.

fanchonem
12/28/10

Sure wish I could have found this before I tried it!!!! Then to beat all,,,,,you only have a short time to buy it at full price using the money you spent on the bids!! I actually looked for a critique like this,,,unfortunately,,,should have kept looking and not tried the site,,,,,Live and Learn"!!!

geor104
12/28/10

This is a SCAM. This is not an AUCTION site, it is a Gambling site. The site sghould be shut down, is a huge scam. A class action would be great against them.

dannyg1
12/28/10

I watched this site for a while then jumped in and bought a few dozen bids. I don't think it's a scam per se--it's clear that you have to pay to play--but if there are bots or some other scheme for artificially increasing the purchase prices then that's clearly fraudulent. In my case I placed one bid ($.60) and won a $15 iTunes gift card. I paid $.04 for the card + $1.99 shipping + $.60 = $2.63. I'm not complaining. A few days later the gift card arrived. I noticed the QuiBids LLC street address at the bottom of the (undated) letter they sent me: 4 NE 10th Street Suite 242, Oklahoma City, OK 73104-1402. So I checked it out. It's a UPS Store location -- http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/4698/

My 2 bids (cents).

jeraldc
12/27/10

this is just like speedybuys.com it will cost you before you can bid and usually lose all your bids. be sure to add the cost of your bids to the final cost of the item

louisew1
12/27/10

Helped me quickly determine the business model of the site I was interested in and avoid a brilliant but valueless marketing scam. THANK YOU.

shirleyk
12/26/10

I would have broken even with the money I spent and my wins if I had not been sent a gift card that had no money on it. I contacted the company over 3 weeks ago and nothing has been resolved. If you have received gift cards from this compeny be sure and check them before you try to use them. I have played my last game.

stevep10
12/26/10

I thought I'd give it a try. Pretty much threw away about $80 but I did come out of it with a gift card for $25. You can do the math.

At one cent increments you are spending 61 cents on each bid. The "buy now" option gives you the dubious ability to buy the option at full price, which are no bargains, minus the money you wasted bidding on it.

A bit addictive and sort of like bidding on air.

mateoc
12/23/10

I consider my self very LUCKY. I purchased a newbie account for $45.00 read through all the on line info and started biding. Gave up quickly on the big items and concentrated on gift cards. For my $45 I picked up two $25 gift cards and one surge protector valued at $50 but available on-line for $28. I am ahead and I am walking away.

timz
12/22/10

how can people think they are not profiting from failed bids just because they give you an opportunity to purchase at reg price. last i heard msrp is a heck of a lot more than what any retailer will sell it for. they know this and count on people not being stupid enough to pay msrp. and if they are that stupid, then the company rakes in even more profit.most people won't pay msrp so all failed bids become company profit. anyone who cannot understand this should not even be permitted to use a computer for they will surely harm themselves.

flaviom1
12/22/10

This site have a lot of strange things happening. I can or cannot be a scam, but I am very skeptical. Being a Data Analyst myseld, I collected some data from the site.
For example: a 50 bids auction was sold for $ 5.12. I collected the bids data while from begining to end.
By the end of the "auction" I pluged the data on excell and NOT for my surprise I found out that. One "stupid"(if it is a real bidder) or "clever"(if is a quibids employee or a set up program) person spent 79 bids trying to win 50. and 2 others over 40 bids. One of them won which was not the 79 bids.

I don't mean that people are not winning the stuf they are bidding but I am very skeptical about this site.
I myseld won 25 bids, 1 bids and a 15 Itunes gift card for $0.03.
My skepticism is because some stuf on the site leave margin tothink on scam.
I was bidding on one item and it was 10 seconds to go. Twice I was down to one second and it took 3 or 4 seconds to appear that I was the Winner. When I reversed the situation, which means I tried to outbid the person after the clock turned to one second, it immediately made the other bidder the Winner and sent me a message that I did not bid on time.By the way, the winner was the bidder that was bidding since the begining and was outbidding everyone that tried to win the item. It was not an automatic bidding auction.
For who worked with programming, it is very easy to a good programmer to create a routine that will trigger bids on any (or all) auction using random fake names/data from a database previously fixed.

I still have about 40 bids. Will try to get something else and I am out of this site. I really don't trust it.

nusan
12/22/10

I can't believe the government haven't caught up with these auction wanna be sites . Total scam I joined one time and learned the hard way what a huge scam these auction sites are. I wrote one auction site one time just to see what they had to say about themselves and I received no response. these sites never respond to people and if they do they still don't address the question asked .I joined thinking it was a real auction if you don't win you don't lose your bids I spent a little over $90 dollars and I'll never ever do this again or recommend it to anyone, I warn all people to stay away these sites are scams and when they see that people are getting wise to them all they have to do not to get in any trouble they just simply change the name of the company. I made an effort to watch all these sites just to see the patterns and what i gathered was not good .These sites get rich fast of false information that they give to people that are trying to get good deals.NO ONE EVER WINS ANYTHING. They make it seem like a real person just won but so not true they are just taking people's hard earned money, they bid against real bidders only to hike the price and then they make it seem like it sold and tell you to go buy more bids. A very clever scam that should be repoted to news, government and etc... it has to be stopped . I watched these site and the same names keep winning and bidding on many things at the same time and they are spending more than what the products are worth. I can go on and on about my findings. BIG SCAMS and the people on here that are writing good reviews are scammers from the auction sites.

deniellec
12/21/10

Its like your in Vegas every bid you make (that cost you money) you think your going to win than your so far into it with your money ,you just keep going. The web-site is very addictive, Who ever thought of this idea is very clever and making a hell alot of money.! Stay away. I thought I did great winning 3 gift cards for less than $10.00 the first day.But..... after I reviewed my credit card charge account it came out what I paid for my bids and the cards I came out even., NO great deal! This why I do not go to Las Vegas, the second day I went on the web-site and started bidding for another gift card. after all is said and done I ended up paying a total of $300.00 on my credit card for bids and gift cards I won . The gift cards came out to $295.00 but you have to pay for shipping. I ended up paying about $6.00 more and wasting 3 hours bidding! NO big wins.

lenorev
12/20/10

I read Quibids 101. I read the posts that said you needed to use the site correctly in order to win and I believed them. I tried some bids-thought I needed to give it a few more tries and bought some more. What I found is that when I participated in an "auction" and watched four others occurring at the same time for the same item-my auction went to $90 while the others closed at $11, $22, $32 and $40. This happened numerous times and could not be coincidence. The low closing auctions are there to ,make you believe it is possible but it is not. Those employees and paid writers who are saying we are not using it appropriately should be ASHAMED! I feel so foolish for having believed your posts. I read carefully, I watched numerous items and EVERYTIME I became involved the item sold for tons more and went on for an hour or two more. Additionally the clock jammed a number of times and then all of the sudden one second went by and there were five bids all at once. I know there must be a program or employees in the autions where real customers participate and it drives up those autions and places teaser closed auctions to entice us. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT IT WAS A COINCIDENCE!!! The game is rigged and the only way you will receive something of value is to pay the full price which is ussually $20 to $100 more than what the item sells for in a retail store or on a legitamate site like Ebay or Amazon. This business model would work to be quite profitable for the company and provide a deal for the consumer even if it were run honestly but the persons who are running this are GREEDY and UNETHICAL and I hope it is their ruin. Shame, shame shame!! Do not waste your time or money-just go to a trusted online store. This site will play on your belief in a deal and your desire to win and it will let you down over and over. DO NOT believe those silly pictures on the side with people who say they won five IPODs for their grandchildren or those posts that say you are not using the site correctly. I believed them and lost better than $160.00 that I am far from being able to afford. Shame on me for believing!!

jonnyj
12/20/10

THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTALLY RIPOFF, I JUST SPENT OVER $50 TO WIN A $15 GIFTCARD. ITS RIDICULOUS. I HOPE SOMEONE SUE THESE PEOPLE. BASICALLY, THEY ARE USING MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT TO STEAL MONEY FROM CONSUMERS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

richs6
12/20/10

Scam...have no idea if opposing bids are legit bids or BOTS from the QuiBid Company. Going to report them to BBB and my state attorney's office.

ss8
12/18/10

I'm not a poor loser - I'm a poor winner. This site is a SCAM. I won and auction for an iPad. I was a lucky one who placed six bids and won the thing. Pretty amazing. I was thrilled. That was until the iPad never shipped. I contacted Customer Service right after the auction asking if there were different shipping options - the answer is no; they don't have a way of arranging that with the "vendor". That's the first I heard there was a vendor involved other than QuiBids.

After never hearing more about the order, I contacted CS again asking when the item would ship. Two days later I hear back and I'm told they have to contact the vendor and it will take a week to get a response. A week??!?? Where is this vendor and who are they??

I sent another email asking them who the vendor was because I would like to contact them directly. I haven't received a response.

DON'T BID. Even if you "win" a good item, it seems there's a good chance you'll never see it.

ericm4
12/18/10

i bought the beginner package and won a about 3 bidding vouchers a 10 a 15 and a 100 bid one i won them really cheap too. the most i spent was 1.30 and that was for the 100 bidding voucher after that i lost some bids but then won the new touch screen ipod nano for 3.40 and shipping brought it up to 14 and some change i think its a pretty good site i agree with most of the comments but then again u have to factor in the people who don't do the math and just want to win something at a cheap price and end up bidding more than they should i admit im one of those people who continually hits the bid button but thats what discourages people to bid against me

johna24
12/16/10

Quibids is clearly a bait and switch Scam.

My first visit peaked my interest when I saw large LCD TV's and High end Cameras up for bid. So I purchased $60 worth of bids.

When I logged on after my purchase none of the items I previously saw up for auction were there. A search for TV brought up nothing but cables. This was all in a matter of minutes. Items with 2 hours left on the bidding were gone.
I was using firefox as my browser so I went to quibids.com with internet explore ( which I had never logged onto quibids with).
Behold all the high end items were back.

So viewed them side by side. One just browsing and one where I was logged on to my account.

High end items appeared to be up for bid in the explorer window ( just browsing) but could not be found in the firefox window ( logged into quibids account).
I did contact support and was able to get my money refunded because I had not used any of the bids I paid for.

Say Away from this site!
What you see browsing is not what you get to bid on!

kayc3
12/16/10

I bid on an item. Won it and it was broken when arrived. I emailed my my ticket to them, mentions the problem, had all item info and have never heard from them. Now I am out of $8. bucks plus when I won I tried again only not to win our have enough after $60 to buy it now item. I only wish to return the item for a new one but the site said not to send it back to sender? well..live and learn..rip off

arriannec
12/15/10

Do you remember when you were a kid and you watched a magician play the shell game with the audience? He always got it right. That is like Quibids. They use magic (trickery) to lure you in and then things disappear. These are the 4 issues I noticed about Quibids within the first 48 hours of using their site. If you do choose to sign up, don't say I didn't warn you!

1. I purchased my starter bid pack and more than half of the auctions were removed from the website, even after I won my beginner auction I could not see ALL of the auctions listed on Quibids. If I was on my other computer not signed in I could see them just fine. I had to call customer support and wait 10 minutes for someone to answer the phone. Then they told me they do this on all beginner accounts. Why? We don't sign up to win bid packs, we sign up to win the items you are advertizing all over the internet (mac laptops, ipads, digital cameras).

2. Your auctions don't seem to be legit. I have watched several auctions and noticed there are lots of shill bidders. There are people who actually WANT to win the items, but get frustrated at the people who bid just to piss others off. I don't know if they are employees of Quibids doing this just to up the price of an item or if they are just people who have no life and want to instigate auctions.

3. Quibids 101 says DO YOUR HOMEWORK on an item before you bid. How can I do my homework on historical auctions if you remove them from MY account? Example. I want to bid on a DSLR, however when I log into my account and search for Canon or Nikon - all of the DSLR's have been removed from the closed auctions. HOWEVER, if I search on another computer NOT logged into my account they are there for everyone to view. How can you expect a customer to do their research. I think you need to practice what you preach.

4. Autobidders - this doesn't seem to be an ethical way to conduct business. All the websites that tell you how to win a penny auction basically tell you it is statistics/strategy. However there are so many different autobidders out there to assist people in making sure they win the auction. If there are so many autobidders and people thinking they can win the auction it is based soley on LUCK and NOT strategy. Maybe the autobid makers have teamed up with the penny auction sites to ensure that they don't go out of business.

bradb4
12/15/10

I think it is pretty funny that soooo many people on here are mad that quibids is making a lot money. Isn't that the American dream?

My father and I bought the $48.00 package and we walked away with three items worth over $110.00. Once you add in the shipping we totaled about $59.00.... I will continue to "play" on the site if I can keep up that kind of small success. I find it rather entertaining.....
1. $25.00 gift card to applebee's
2. A voice activated alarm clock that "actually" retails for $60.00 not the $80.00 the site said
3 $25 Walmart gift card

*** I have nothing to do with quibids.*** I am a residential and commercial mortgage banker in SC.... So don't call me a pencil whipper for the site!

angelp2
12/14/10

Used to be cool, but too many people on now...

I started using Quibids about 6mo ago and I cleaned up back then! I got about $3,500 worth of stuff for around $1,000. But that was then...

Nowadays there are less items and too many people. It feels like Quibids is now trying to maximize profits by limiting the number of auctions available, thus there are always 20 or so bidders bidding at the last second. It is nearly impossible to win and get a good deal now.

I will never use Quibids again.

billn3
12/13/10

Hi, all buddies. We should try our best to close the scam by high tech. Attack it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikea6
12/12/10

qbids.com
Like several reviews I saw (following a google search and leading to this site, though the other reviews don't come up now on search! too bad....)

This site seems above-board, explaining how the idea is like "going going gone". But the truth is that there is no point in "bidding" except when the clock ticks down, and it is constantly re-setting, with little to no predictability as to when the required "exactly at zero" push will register. I played against quiet groups only to watch the screen freeze at zero and declare a "new player" winner. I've seen "autobid" tools drive up the bid price and there's no way to know if it's all human beings doing the bidding, and the company makes money on bids, which are fast and furious.

Bad enough that the site is a glorified "eBay themed slot machine" where neither skill nor method can be helpful, and there is never any confidence of it being fair and un-rigged. Worse: Within minutes of "winning" a small beginner prize (more bids!) I learned that (1) there is a $2 "service" charge for the immediate/automated crediting of extra bids, and that this must be paid for separately from the bid account; and (2) after paying from a separate, secure Paypal source, within 2 minutes I received phishing letters from Paypal (which I'd not used at all for any other purchases) saying that I'd successfully bought an electronic item I never heard of, nor bid on. It was a fake, and I didn't follow the link. The next thing I know, however, I'm getting hit by lots of email (actually) from Qbids but sent to variations on my email, not my actual address.

I'm thinking not only is this a racket akin to the "variable reinforcement" addictiveness of slot machines, but it's as or more random, and may be like handing out a blank check to spammers and phishers in addition.

As some of the older reviews *here* warn (and I hope they're still findable!) - I'd definitely avoid this site. It's tempting but ends up stealing hours of time piddling away clicks one cent at a time, bidding against real people, robots, and Lord knows what else. Not only is it totally unlike the consumer-oriented eBay site, offering protections for buyers (and identifying the seller!) but there are usually only one or two "bait" items (iPads and an occasional laptop) mixed in with all the packages of bids - easy to win and hook one into more profitable bidding on impossible to win items.

Warning! Warning! Warning!