US Government's NSF

Tel: (405) 253-2038
domains@quibids.com

766 Reviews for QuiBids

Review Highlights

I won three $25 and one $50 gift cards for a total of $125 in value.

$.60 a bid and a whole mob of people trying to get stuff for cheap.

I am an unemployed analyst, so; a) that means I have time on my hands.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

12/7/10

It was OK at first...I won an Ipad for a total of probably only $100 (bids and costs), then I won the "Premium Golf Balls" which showed a photo of Bridgestone golf balls (as did the description), but when I went to pay for them and choose which balls, no Bridgestones were available...only Titleists and Calloways which my husband doesn't play. Three complaints to them, and they just said the choice was the choice. No more quibids for me.

12/7/10

This is a total scam Do not waste your money You might as well open the window and throw your money outside

12/6/10

Not worth it. It's a trap. Stay away from it completely. They buy an item for $800, they charge .60 a bid, with only one-cent bids (which is only a deal for them). By the time all the bidding is over, they make out quite well. You're better off going to a casino. At least you know you're gambling. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE, UNLESS YOU LOVE TO GAMBLE AND THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY AND WATCH OTHER PEOPLE JUST TAKE FREE MONEY FROM YOU!

12/5/10

Gamblers only need apply. There is a difference between betting and bidding. With quibids, only the winner ends up having bid. Everyone else was betting, and they lost their money. Calling this an auction site is misleading. This is a gambling site.

12/4/10

when you register they automatically charge your credit card over $40, so that you can "bid" on their auctions and buy more bucks to bid on more auctions. Overrated.

12/4/10

It's an online auciton that you have to pay to bid. It's costs 60 cents no matter what,and it's rare to win any auction for one 60 cent bid. You pay for your bid, plus the cost of the actual auction and shipping/handling. So Ebay is better, since a buyer doesn't pay to bid on their auctions, and there are no fees involved for Ebay bidders.

12/3/10

One person talks about how this site is not a scam by definition, but pure capitalism. He is right! In today's society ignorance is BLISS, some intelligent Entrepreneur found a way to capitalize on ignorance! Face it people, if you fell into the trap of buying bids, quibids didnt scam you, you scammed yourself into thinking something so good could actually be true!!!! Ignorance??? I think so!

12/2/10

I am wondering if any people won 2 times or more. If not, the auction is cheating. All the bidders are not real besides you. I spend 40 bucks and 2 hours but just won a flush driver valued less than 10 in the begining easily nothing after that.

12/2/10

DON'T waist your money! This site is the biggest RIP-OFF!!!!! Huge scam, I'm sure it won't be in buisness much longer

12/1/10

Guaranteed Bots! Proof - Here's how it works. Items you see go for real low $$$ are because no one is bidding on them or someone did and gave up and the bots realize this and presto a Bot won! Big deal bots don't have to pay. This moves the items fast to entice more bidding on possible more attractive items. So, if you like an item and you stick it out, especially $25 items you will see bots out bidding themselves. What i mean is they bid like 40 times which is more then what the item is worth! see 40 bids at 60 Cents a piece is $24 plus the auction price when you could just buy it now for $25! BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS BOTS

12/1/10

I like this site. The negative is that you have to buy your bids. You need to be careful & watch the items before you start bidding. So far I have won 6 items and am a head by $60 and I still have bids not used yet! You need to research the items before you start bidding so you know how many bids you are willing to go before you give up. The items I have bid on have not been high price all under 50 dollars. It has taken a couple of weeks to get the gift cards. I just won three items last night so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive. You really really need to do your homework before you start biding so that you can make smart choice's. So far I have had success.

12/1/10

DON't DO IT. Its sixty cents per bid. Every time you hit the button its bingo for them. Its looks good, sounds easy, but you will go through money worse than a slot machine. I believe that there are 3 or 4 people pulling their money together ( a team) to out bid you. I tried not to get into "bidding wars" but the final result is your going to spend a lot of money. Even when you win, you lose. You still have to pay for what you won, plus shipping. IPAD for $95.00 ? That 9500 bids x .60 figure it out. STAY AWAY !!!!!!! Don"t let them lure you in.

11/30/10

I have just been reviewing all the reviews because i too am interested by Quibids. You all make it seem so bad but to me it looks like you are trying to cover up your mistakes by pointing fingers. Most of your points are valid, it definitely looks like they are making a SH*T load of money, but why did you continue to bid in the first place after you spend more then the products actual value? I think their response is BS and this website is very dangerous but did you ever consider that some of those problems could have just been you? For example the freezing clock was probably caused by your computer's lack of RAM and many people "Sniping" the bid at the last second. They actually seem legit to me, but i wouldn't try it because i would go broke in a matter of minutes. Very tricky of them huh, with the whole pay per bid thing. Just in case you are wondering, no i don't work for them in any way, but I'm sure someone who just lost a bid and is mad will accuse me of being an employee.

11/30/10

Does anyone know if this site is even legal? I bought the $25.00 bid package only to realize when I went to bid that the site was a ripoff. Consequently I never bid on anything. I recently received an email that the bids I bought from them (keyword: bought) expired and I would have to buy more if I wanted to bid in the future. I think a class action may be down the road for this company!!

11/30/10

The site is very, very dangerous in the same way that Las Vegas can be. As a result of human nature you look for that "bargain" and are reluctant to walk away when only "a few more bids" will get you that $2000 iMac or Canon camera for less than $100. You tend to forget that each bid costs $.60. You feel you are not spending real money. This is the same concept applied in casinos where you put chips on the table and not a $10 bill. You know the chip is $10 but you don't think of it that way.

Sure you can win something. I bid on a meat thermometer - something I didn't even need just because I thought I could get it cheap. I did, it cost me 1 bid and I got it for $03. If I hadn't canceled an additional $3.99 in shipping would have been charged for an item cost of $4.02 plus the $.60 cent bid - total cost would therefore have been $4.62. I'm sure that is was a very good meat thermometer but Bed Bath and Beyond probably had it for a similar price. Fortunately, they let you cancel but you lose the cost of your bids.

The point is that I was bidding on something I didn't need just to see if I could win. When you really want something you wind up bidding and bidding and bidding. The site is addicting (just like gambling). I wound up spending all day on the site, spent about $300 in bids and didn't "win" anything. It is the addictive quality of the site that makes it more of a gambling experience then anything else.

Be careful!!! It is VERY easy to get sucked in and buy just one more pack of bids. Before you know it you've spent a great deal of money on a chance. Kind of like the carnival or playing skiball. You know you wind up paying more for playing the games then the prize would ever have cost you in a store.

Never ever bid on anything until the cost is a penny or two. What's the point. Even when you bid that penny you know that bidomatic or someone is going to bid again. About the only way you can win is if the bidders tire of it and that final bidder forgets to click or has run out of bids.

A very, very dangerous site. Gamblers Anonymous will probably see some members because of this site. It is however a great business model. Gambling without calling it that and having to deal with various gaming laws. Go to Vegas instead, see a show and have dinner. Even do some gambling (if you can set limits and walk away). Your money will have been better spent.

I would not be surprised if people spent thousands of dollars a month on this site to get that one "deal".

It's not a scam, just gambling.

11/30/10

I can not believe this website is still running. I understand you will have to pay for every bid, and also understand you have a chance to buy something for crazy cheap, but I have not received any confirmation email regarding my winning items. I actually won 2 items, each under $1.00. I became a member a week ago and won my first item right away... But how can I be called a winner when I have spent $85 plus shipping and process fees and don't even have the items yet? How can I be called a winner when I don't have any email confirming my winning? and Finally How can I call myself a winner when I have exposed my credit card (amex) to this website which I have NOT READ ONE SINGLE POSITIVE COMMENT about it???? You be the judge. By the way, does anyone know who do people report a scam websites like Quibids.com?

11/29/10

Sounds great, doesn't it? For pennies on the dollar you can buy stuff. Not as easy as it sounds. If you like gambling you'll like this site. Otherwise just have fun with it. They are legit, but there's lot's of limits. I had some early successes so I bid on an expensive item, did not have an accurate count of my bids, had to buy more and lost the auction during that time. I would have gotten a real bargain if I could have stayed in just a few more minutes. LESSON 1: Have enough bid dollars at 60 cents a bid to "buy it now." Once you've sunk that many bid dollars, quit bidding and buy it. I looked at the $300 I sunk and the $150 loss by selling the item on ebay so I decided to exercise the "buy-it-now" option and "buy-it-now" is full retail. LESSON 2: Always be prepared to buy it now. If you don't want the item or don't want to hassle with Craig's List or Ebay, don't bid. LESSON 3: You can't win much. So you're successful at this auction style. In the fine print it limits wins to 8, only one of the same item with value of $285, and only one of anything worth more that $999 in 28 days. If you win a Playstation 3, for example, you're locked out of Playstation 3 auctions for 28 days. Other limits are 3 per day. There are other restrictions and those voucher bids have lots of limits. So at a maximum it's possible to win about $8000 of merchandise a month although you have to consider sinking about half the value of the item into an auction to win it. Nothing to sneeze at, but won't make you rich either.

Bottom line, unless you're as sharp as a casino card counter, only use this site for fun and expect to pay full retail.

11/28/10

Price at which ipad is sold to the winner seems very tempting. But be careful if you are bidding and have spent couple of hundred dollars and are thinking of going with buy it now option - Apple iPad 16 GB Wi-Fi price is about $129 higher than the actual retail price.

I started bidding and ended up losing $300 so decided to buy it at listed $629. However, i noticed later that the actual ipad retail price is only $499. Be very careful so that you don't loose money like me.

Quibids 101 does not seem to be accurate. It says:
*The value price is based on the price you would pay through other retailers."
This is not true.

11/28/10

DO NOT DO NOT DO IT. Just finished checking my first time on and bidding. I calculated I spent $104 buying bids. Could not sleep all night thinking how foolish and what that money could have bought. Checked my bank online, they took out 3 times the amount. I tried using the friendly online chat my computer shut down, ran so slow. Rebooted twice. Now I am suggesting to you not to use. I will have to call my bank to see if I can recover some of my funds. What I lost was my fault but there is no explanation for the rest. CAREFUL folks.

11/28/10

Guys. Don't you tired to complain about this site? If you want to pay them same change, I can give you the good idea. Go to google, type it quibids.com and click on yellow/paid top link of their web site. If all of you who suffer from them will do that every day, few times, it will cost them tons of $ to advertise in google. This how you will be able to make this site to shuts down without able to do marketing. Vote for this comment so anyone will be able to see that.

11/28/10

It seems they out bid each time and they are gettings 20 times of what the item is worth, They got me for 48.00 but I won a 25.00 gift card it seems this is not a real auction @ 1 cent bids they auction off things worth a few hundred dollars nd getting thousands in some cases, it's legal but they will be short lived with all the bad comments?? is anyone checking them for storing your credit card information?? we are all guilty of being dumb.

11/27/10

Quibids is a joke. By the time you pay 60 cents per bid and pay shipping, your right back to retail price. I'm not so sure that they don't have "plants" to drive up the price of especially the cool stuff, or there are over zealous bidders who are out to win at all cost. It also pays to look up actual retail values and compare it you are really getting a deal. Who has time to spend hours in front a computer watching the bidding process anyway.

11/27/10

It's a scam. I logged on using a "free" intro bid pack (25 bids) and it charged my credit card $48!!! For 80 bids! I'm just finding this out now after going through my SPAM folder in my email. I won two bid packs, used them to win a $10 gift certificate. Whoopie. I never actually SAW the 80 bids listed anywhere, and in the quibids account, the charge does not show up anywhere as a "purchase" of bids... it's really slimy. PLUS, they are making money hand over fist for what they are offering.

Unless you have a gambling addiction (or you want one!) don't bother with this site. Winning is difficult, and you pay .60 for each bid. NOT .02 or .01 like they are listed... no, you are paying 60 cents per click for something that you may not get and they will get ten times what the thing is worth once the bidding is over- which, apparently can go on for as long as people are bidding.

DON'T BOTHER LOOSING YOUR MONEY HERE!!! THAT IS ALL YOU WILL DO!!!!

11/27/10

QiiBids direct new users to "Beginne Auctions" where they can spend their mone on new "bid-packs" that have no retail value - so when you go to start bidding on items you want to buy, your bids do not count towards the purchse price of the item. Again and again I see Quibids emplyees on these sites claiming "you can't really lose as long as you are willing to pay the purchase price if the item since if you lose the auction, every bid counts towards the purchase price" <-- this is a big fat lie.

QuiBids scams new users into using their real money to purchase worthless bids.

11/26/10

After reading and trying this "scam" of a site, it is clear that you are lured in quickly in to buying a "bid package," the rest does not matter you already spent your money on the site. Even if you do it once multiply over the million that do it once....

It seems that everyone wins in the beginning some gift certificate, but I have yet to hear from someone who keep on winning.

This site is a scam

11/26/10

I signed in for this site and brought 150.00 in bids and then reallized that I could not bid on the camera i wanted because it was no longer available. I then requested a refund it has been overa month and I have yet to here fromt the. company due to the nature of the complaints on this site it is time for some District Attorney to take action.

11/26/10

This site SUCKS! With a capital S... before you can start you have to purchase bids for $48 bucks. Then, you bid on items.. (believe you won't win anything with the bids you purchased for $48 bucks!). If you do your LUCKY! The chance's are a million to one. It's a scam!!! I spent over $64 bucks on this site and have nothing to show for it... BUT A BILL FOR OVER $68!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! OR MONEY!!! Buy the item you want from the store, before you try this site! Believe me you'll save money!!!!!

11/26/10

Do you realize that for every $10 bid, this Co. is making $600. So, an Ipad goes for $32. Quibids is making $1920. Or you can "buy it now" for $629? The same Ipad 16gb (the cheaper one) will go for $499 at Target! So what if your bids go toward this inflated price. And who is to say that the bids are not made by em...ployees at the last second! It says in the fine print that employees are not allowed to bid...But, nobody knows for sure who these bidders really are! And the site won't allow you to see the entire bidding structure for an item - just the last 5 minute bidders!
Now, when I signed up, I bought $48 worth of bids. I won on my first auction ($25 home depot card) for 10 cents. I didn't even come close after that. It's almost as if it was set up for me to win that auction! Which was 3 weeks ago and I have yet to receive the gift card! Something doesn't sit right with me and the...y won't refund my money for the bids...I can pretty much guarantee you'll see some sort of scam alert on dateline or one of those type of shows!

11/26/10

I've noticed that several people have bid beyond the value of items in auctions that i've participated in... how is that possible? I've watch the number of times they've bid (at .60 cents each) vs the value of the item. I've noticed it a few times. When I bid up to the value of an item the auction stops me and say "you've bid over the value of this item..." This is a scam!

11/26/10

I hope this helps someone save their $$$. Many of the reviews on this site are extremely questionable as to the veracity of what was reported.

The site is set up to help a fool and his money soon depart.

This is why:

1. Site claims you can get your $$ money back if you don't win by applying your bids toward purchasing the item....the site states this over and over, and many users here have stated it (employees maybe???)

2. ALL of the items sold are sold well above market price. If I go to home Depot and spend $50.00, then I avoid paying the $2.00 or whatever processing fee & delivery charge....$52.00+ for a home depot card is not market price. This is a specific example...
-you can buy a really nice $66.28 brand new camera on Amazon.com(Kodak EasyShare C182 Digital Camera),

-or buy the same camera at quibids.com for $115.58 + shipping & handling (Auction ID: #160344962)

3. You can only buy bids in increments after you buy your first beginner bids ($49 or something)....you cannot buy bids for the amount of the item you wish to purchase...these are the increments:
-45 bids = $27
- 75 bids = $45
- 300 bids = $1802
- 600 bids = $360
- 800 bids = $480

In each "bid pack" you are forced to buy into the price of the bids remains the same. You are forced to buy into a "bid pack" because the goal of quibids is to separate you from your money while making you think it is worth a shot.

4. The website monitors your activity when viewing an auction for a reason. why is it when I leave a web page open it asks me eventually if I am still there? Why monitor this...time me out like my bank, and what else is being monitored/controlled?

5. The website has poor search and reporting.
case 1: I was bidding on a voucher for 50 bids that went over $6.00....so I wanted to see what other voucher auctions were doing...I quickly hit my browser back button, see the refreshed live auctions for "voucher" category, but my auction is not there. I toggled back and forth within the 10 second interval, opened other tabs and looked....yet not there??? My computer and connection is lickity-split.

case 2: Type an auction id in their search box: "Search terms: Auction ID: #160344962 (43865 results)"

case 3: "Search terms: Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i 18MP + Lens (4686 results)" With results ranging from root beer making kits to model air planes...

case 4: try to find how much a single item has sold for over the past X amount of auctions and you will find the search sucks......yet they can label auctions with "XX oitem sold for XXX recently".....with recent being 3 months ago with a nice link to the site.

6. If you try to set your $$ amount of your "market value" of an item by bidding on vouchers......in theory you can break even on these....you bid on a 50 voucher auction and find that you spent close to $30, or roughly close to 50 bids...cut your loss and biuy back your bids with their "market price BS" and what you get is 50 bids + shipping and handling $2.00+ (huh?), and they are worth zero toward any future auctions. voucher bids do not = $$$ toward the "MFSRP" BS the site and users here are selling.

7. what idiot would bid on any of these items 1+ hours before auction end? No one, that's who. yet items have bids 20+ hours before end time.

8. often I bid at the last moment, and somehow my avatar does not show up, or my bid is not in the history, or someone elses avatar is over my face....and many other during bidding. What is this about?

Many users here have pointed out the same name bidding on multiple items......realistically if quibids wants to post fake bidders believe it or not they can come up with more than a handfull of usernames that bid on multiple auctions at the same time. I sat in the voucher bids section bidding on multiple auctions at the same time...but I am a real whack job, I mean person.

My QuiBids.com Experiment

Do I recommend it? NO!

I decided that I would join Quibids after hearing about it from several people. Upon seeing the website I decided that I would not join immediately, particularly when they asked for $48.00 up front, before doing my due dillegence.

I researched on the web, looking for anything about the site being a scam. Turns out, it's easy to find information claiming this site is just that. Unhappy customers, who paid money and lost it all as if it were gambling.

Even after doing all my research, I was still curious, so I set out to do a $48.00 experiment and joined.

I was directed to read their FAQ's and instructions, so that I wouldn't end up another unhappy customer.

I read their manuals telling me to watch for a long time before bidding, and after watching for a few hours at various categories of auctions, I began bidding.

I began in the beginners auctions, where you bid on "vouchers". Vouchers are bids, like the ones you pay .60 each for when you join ($48.00 = 80 bids).

Here's the way it works.

1. You purchase bid packages. These allow you to bid in an auction.

Each time you bid, the price of the auction item goes up one or two cents as designated on the auction item icon.

2. If you bid on the item when there is less than 20 seconds left, the timer goes back to twenty seconds, or 20 seconds is added whenever you bid on any item, I'm not really sure.

3a. If somehow you win the item because nobody else bids after you have, you will have to pay the cost of the item, (Perhaps $.01 or $2.56 or whatever) plus a transaction or shipping fee depending on the item.

OR

3b. If someone else outbids you, you must do the math to decide if it is worth bidding again. In addition to just the math, you might take a look to see if many other people are also bidding on that item, or caught up in other auctions. It is completely dependent on how many people are on the site at a particular time, and which items they are bidding on, and if they are waiting (as you might be) for other people to waste their bids and get burned out, so you can swoop in and make your bid at the right moment to steal the item.

Here's what I won:

25 Bids Voucer. Cost $0.01 +
$10 Target Gift Card $0.04 + $1.99 (shipping, transaction fee, or something)
Transcend 16GB Flash Memory Card $0.70 (+$4.99 shipping, transaction fee, or something)

So total, I spent $55.73 for a 16GB flash memory card (retail ~ $25) and a $10 gift card. My other bids were wasted on other items I did not win.

So, my experiment means Quibids 1 Me 0, I got a few things paying more than they were worth overall, I paid someone's salary at the company for an hour, and I'm not going back for more.

It's tempting, just as all gambling is tempting, but overall, I would not recommend it as a consistent way of getting good deals. It is nothing more than gambling through shopping. Wait, now that I put it that way, it sounds like just what America needs right now!

11/25/10

At first I thought it would work. I spent 7 bids ($3.60) + .30 auction price + $1.99 shipping, a total of $5.98 for a $25 gift card. But, my next auction, I gave up and ended up purchasing $50 Card for $25. But, when all was said and done, I really spent about $85 on $75 worth of cards. This site is, I've concluded, a scam, and a pretty good one. I'm sure they use bot to up the bids at the last second and much tons of money selling "bids." Stick with e-Bay unless you are an expert gambler.

11/25/10

Quibids is a SCAM website..they neglect to tell you that the 80 bidding credits you start off with are charged to your account in the amount of $48! NOWHERE on the site do they tell you that regardless of whether or not you approve it, your getting chared the $48 as soon as you hit "bid" on ANY of the things they are "supposedly" selling. DON'T USE THIS SITE UNLESS YOU WANNA GET RIPPED OFF!!!!!!

11/25/10

DON'T BE FOOLED WITH THIS STUPID WEBSITE......... SOUNDS NICE YOU SEE A LAPTOP SELLING FOR $100, BUT YOU WILL NEVER WIN THIS LAPTOP, PLEASE READ
YOU BUY A STARTER BUY FROM THEM WORTH $60 (100 BIDS) SO FAR SO GOOD, PLEASE KEEP READING, FOR EACH BID YOU SPEND ON AN ITEM, IT WILL ONLY RAISE IT ((((1 CENT)))), IN OTHER WORDS YOU SPEND ALL YOUR HARD WORKING MONEY, YOU WILL RAISE THE PRICE ((((1 DOLLAR ONLY)))))
GUESS WHAT YOU SPENT 60 DOLLARS, YOU RAISED BIDDING ONLY 1 DOLLAR, HOWEVER THE STUPID WEBSITE JUST SWEPT YOU $59
AND THATS ONE ONE SUBSCRIBER, I SEE A LOT OF INNOCENT PEOPLE FALLING ITO THIS WEBSITE, MY SELF REGISTERED THEN AFTER SPENDING $1, I CANCELLED , WINNING ANYTHING IS LIKE WINNING THE ""LOTTERY ""

PLEASE BE CAREFUL SPENDING YOUR HARD WORKING MONEY

11/24/10

watch for that i start this web from two computer one with login second not on computer with my login i could not find any good transaction higger than 50$ gift card vouchers etc in other computer i saw many auctions 200$ gift cards laptops tv but when i try put auctions numbers on my account login to this side computer is show no auctions!!!! somebody plays games !!!!! and make loooooooooooooots of money big money with that way!!! don't be stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1and don't waste your money

11/24/10

Gambling, greed, and the allure of the deal make this site seem attractive, but I can only advise to stay away.You'll be asked to purchase "bids" for around $50, then on your first "beginner" auction you'll be amazed how easy it was too purchase more bids--as you win another 25 bids for the ridiculously low price of a few pennies--plus a $2 transaction fee they throw in for fun. Thats where the fun ends.

When it comes to anything of value, you'll waste hours watching alleged users bid up the price of items to ridiculous levels. You'll see
IPADS ( retail $700) sell for $45 and you may think thats a bargain...but lets look at the math. Each bid costs 60 cents, and to get to $45 QUIbids received 4500 of them--all of them generated by real customers ( so they claim). . Thats $2700 in revenue for a product that they simply order from a supplier who then adds their shipping fee. Not a bad profit!

Now, lets look at the prospective bidders. Of the 4500 bids, 4499 were losing bids--they got nothing for their money! Thats the same strategy as a pyramid scheme that has 12 levels! You do the math.... Worse yet, you add the gambling spin to this, and you have a business model that can't fail--until someone shuts them down.

Yes, you'll find testimonials denying all of this--most written by QUIbids staff or their shills. They will argue that there is no internal bid generation, and that they lose money on many items. They claim that their margins are only slightly bigger than Walmarts, and that there is no wrong doing. They used to say the dame thing about heroin 100 years ago.

Ive also noticed other biddding sites-- xbids.com for example that have the identical graphic interface, and operation as Quibids...hmmmm....

My advice--demand your money back--call yoru credit card company--threaten legal action--and be a little smarter next time. Smarter than I was anyway:)

11/24/10

I think that any site that charges you simply to register smacks of a scam. As soon as I realized my credit card had already been charged for a batch of bids I never asked for, I unregistered. If I don't get a refund on my card, I will know for certain the site is truly a scam. Everything about it feels like scam. Its tempting you in with "too good to be true" chances at buying something for next to nothing. But in the end, you will have spent a lot of money to end up losing an auction.

11/23/10

Well it IS a scam, It IS called FALSE ADVERTISING. If they say this iPad only sold for $115 it is not really sold for 115 actual united states dollars, it's sold for 115 QuiBid dollars (which at $0.60 united states dollar per 1 Quibid Cent comes out to $6900 United states dollars !!!!!!!) Which really should say iPad sold for $6900 united states dollars !!!!!!!!!!! This is called misleading of the worse kind !!!!!! if the general interpretation of the people is that is actually sold for $115 united states dollars, it is considered misleading and should be better re-frased! They've shut ad compaigns and products down on misleading information which could lead to misinterpretation, I don't know why the FTC doesn't shut them down !!!!!!
It's the $ in front of the 115 that misleads you !!!!!! BEWARE !!!!

11/22/10

Let me start off by saying; I completely agree with many of the reviews already posted, I have read reviews form both sides, and agree with points made form both sides. Also, that i am a collage student with almost no money. I also have spent very little ($70 over all) on this site.

I Have won a few items, and for very few bids, as well at a decently low price from the site. HOWEVER, a lot of it does seem like a scam, and no doubt exists in my mind that the people running the site are making a killing off it. Many times when biding i would get out bid at the last second (or it would freeze at the last second, and i would be out bid), and the person who just out bid me had at the same time managed to placed a bid on a different item to out bid some one else. If you ask me it sounds like a bot. a lot of the items i gave up on, because i didn't want to waste my bids, money, and time against a bot. So yes, i did lose some money and time on the site. But if you set limits for yourself, and be willing to let stuff go, it is possible to get decent items for cheep.

That said, the site is BBB Accredited. They are up front about what, the risks are, and that it will ultimately cost you your money. I get why many people are mad about this site, if you don't win it can seem like a huge scam, and you can waste a lot of your hard earned money. But the point remans that you need to cautious with your money. Before you put your money into something, do a little research, and use your brain.

11/22/10

This site is a complete scam. It cost you $.60 per bid and every time a bid is made additional time is added to the clock ensuring that you and others will make more bids.

Please contact your state attorney generals office and the BBB. The business is operated out of Oklahoma. Additionally dispute the charges with your credit card company. Websites like this should not be allow to operate in this fashion and we should take it upon ourselves to make sure these scams do not go un-noticed.

11/22/10

well i think it is a scam. i joind quibids, i read all if the fine print, terms and conditions. I thought well we will see. So i registerd got a email, logged into my accout and a the first page pops up and says thank you for tour 48 dollar purchase. i also recived and email saying thank you. i never made and purchase, authorized anything what so ever. nothing was even mentiond to me about any purchasing, i didnt even get fully logged into my account to make any purchase. i tried the support tab on their page go figure it did not work. so i sent in an email and have not heard anything yet

11/20/10

I think that if it seems too good to be true...it probably is. I looked around and items I would be most interested in were big ticket with low bid incriments. If I'm going to spend 100 bids (60 bucks worth) and end up bidding $1.20 on an item that I'm sure to get outbid on, I'll just go spend my bucks elsewhere. To me, this is about as logical as spending $60 to window shop and then going to a different store to make the purchase.

11/20/10

I won a micro camcorder from this web site. When I received the item it was faulty and the company that makes it advised to contact Quibids to make arrangements to to return the camera for a replacement. Quibids gave me a address for returns for Amazon.com saying Amazon was one of their vendors. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing I contacted Amazon. Amazon advised me they do not do businees with Quibids and without a return number from Amazon they not track the item I returned to them. I have sent several emails to Quibids and each time I am told they will look into it and get back to me in a couple of days. I have also called a customer service phone number that Quibids list on their web site and it goes to a private parties voice mail. Will never use this auction site again. Will be checking into filing charges of theft with the local district attorneys office.

11/19/10

After signing up and spending $60 on bids I won two low ticket items quickly. This boosted my confidence in the site but everything went downhill from there. Subsequently I have bid on a number of items and have never won. On many, I was prepared to bid all the way but the clock expired before the auction hit 1 second. I complained to customer service (Mike) who admitted they do not have control of when an auction might end because of "internet lag". I am happy to copy and paste his emails here if anyone is interested. The bottom line is their platform is flawed. The most critical element of their auctions is the clock and, by their own admission, they cannot control the clock outside their internal system. This is tantamount to FRAUD!

11/19/10

This is the definition of a "bait and switch" scheme. They lure you to sign up by showing you auctions for big-ticket items like Mac computers, big-screen TV's, and cameras. After you sign up and start bidding and buying more bids, for a while you still have those big-ticket items available to you.

Then suddenly, usually once you have already spent some money on bidding for more bids (another of their schemes whereby you use the bids you paid for to bid for more bids, ostensibly at a lower price), the big-ticket auctions disappear. You still have plenty of junk you can bid on, just none of those items that brought you to the site.

Initially, like me, you may believe it is just coincidence, that the items will be available in the future again and that they just ran out. I though that, until I followed the come-on ads again to the site and discovered to my dismay that there were lots of big-ticket auctions happening- they just weren't available to me. They already had my money!

STAY AWAY!!!!

11/19/10

Their auction is more like gambling site, except you don't know the odds. One of the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen. The even have what they call "beginner auctions" which you can only participate in once; they let you "win" one to suck you in. Makes you feel violated. Thieves!

11/19/10

I guess I am one of the thousands out there that got dooped. I won bidding vouchers and when I paid for them the transaction went fast and easy. I said to myself this is easy and fun, so I went back to bid on other items and I won what I bid on, I went to pay for them and I ran into an error page. I emailed Quibids support, got no response and I tried again still no response. several days pasted and next thing I found out the items were cancelled cause I took too long for me to pay for the items I won. No bids credited back to my account. $#@!&*%^^(*^&^$

11/18/10

Pithetic scam and needs to be shut down by the Feds. Suck people into bidding and purchasing bids then when you win an item you have invested two to three times what the itme is worth. Stay away and stick with ebay.

11/18/10

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - I was immediately charged $48 upon signing up and immediately terminated my account and contacted Quibids to refund the charges. They are a terrible company. PLEASE Save Yourself and steer very far away from this company.

11/18/10

This is NOT an auction website. This is a game of chance. A total rip-off. I predict they will be shut down soon. BEWARE!

The Best Penny Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber