US Government's NSF

Pogo reviews

22%
209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065

People interested in Pogo are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jono8

I have never seen a site do so much maintenance, and it never does load the games right. (in 39 reviews)

nascarmoms

I've been using this site off and on for about 9 years or so. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lenaw8
7/17/15

I used to play on pogo all the time, now I have to watch a video just to play? They ruined it!

margaretr23
7/16/15

I was away from pogo for about two years. I recently signed in and am very sorry I did. Half the games will not work on my computer. Very sorry I came back but this will be the LAST time!!!!!!

susanb94
7/15/15

Pogo used to be fun .I have had 3 paid accounts for 13 years and never won anything .Poker rooms have uncensored chat that's extremely rough and I'm not easily bothered by language.I have made many more friends with Facebook games and it's free.I noticed today that Pogo has 40,000 people online right now.It used to be in the millions.Pogo is over.

janes110
7/8/15

Having competed with unknown Scrabble player with multiple skills levels, it seems as though the game, consistently, progress at a mere snail's pace. Rather, when playing against the computer, the game is finished in half the time.

Don't misconstrue my opinion, I'm uninterested in winning; however, when one perpetually takes the entire two minutes, and then appears with a word that takes a Scrabble dictionary to produce, it smells of a good deal like "cheating," Where is the true competition in that?

larryk33
7/2/15

They take your money tie it up for seven days. Then say this a mount is not in your history. I do not have a history. Drop a dime and talk to your customer that you make a percentage on. They say it won't happen again it's in your history know. Well surprise,surprise. It happens again. No phone call, no money!!@@@. Pogo Sucks.

nanj1
6/3/15

I have played pogo for years. I love card games but the deck is stacked especially in canasta.
If you play cards in real life you can see that the patterns in the pogo deals are way off. I guess if they keep your score low they figure that it keeps you coming back.
The hearts tables are free and the set up is good with true deals but the players cheat and the babble in there from regulars is just awful and obscene. It is beyond belief! Every change that they have made to the games makes it worse and not better. The lady who said that she got viruses from the site is correct. I have had it really mess up my computer with java and flash security weaknesses. NEVER UPGRADE YOUR JAVA OR FLASH FROM THE POGO SITE!! I could go on but I would like to find a better site for real time card games. Any suggestions?

darlal
5/18/15

I use to Love this site and played it daily for years,use to even buy it for others to play with me..About a year or so ago it changed, for the membership price,it is not worth it anymore.You have to play forever to even win a wall paper,let alone a free gift.I can find fun online games that are free that work just as well..

jamesd135
4/3/15

Played checkers on pogo and either the system is hacked or those who control the games completely cheat regularly. I'm an expert checkers player and thats how I can see it, but also you can count the checkermen and see when more have been added. Like msn games, same thing. Also as indicated by other reviewers language is totally foul. Don't allow your children to play here.

Tip for consumers: You can try deleting history on internet options, and not allow third party cookies but this does not always work, and not worth the hassle.

brucep26
3/13/15

Pogo is at an all time low, someone hacked my account and changed my password, contacted support and no help except, would you like to buy a better security for your PC ? This site should be shut down ! Beware, when you contact Pogo, they want access to your PC to check your virus protection, Don't let them do this !!!

Tip for consumers: stay away from POGO.COM

tonyc79
3/11/15

Been a paid member since 2013. Got a notice that Java needed to be updated. Updated it and got a virus from the POGO site. Cleaned my computer, got rid of the virus, now can't even sign in to the site. Just flashes on and off from site back to explorer. No one will help you from the site so don't even waste your time. Moderators insist there is NO VIRUSES on site but it is a common problem and, once you paid it makes no difference to them. I am done with this infectious site.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY

joee21
3/8/15

I played Bejeweled 3 through my one hour trial period and figured I'd just buy the download for my PC when it expired since it seemed to have loaded correctly after a long "queue" time. It is now a half an hour later and I CANNOT get their ridiculous site to process an order. Sorry, time's up. If you want my money you have to be quicker than this! Read the other reviews and am happy to be deleting the whole mess from my computer. Guess I'll head to a brick and mortar store!

Tip for consumers: Can't give more than one star as they wouldn't even let me buy the game. Good luck with their endless loop website.

patricias45
1/5/15

I have been a player on Pogo since the year 2001. I think it's great! I have also been a Club Pogo player when I can afford it and I like playing that alot better. The games are great. A lot of my family members have switched over to Facebook to play games but I just don't care for those games. Pogo has the best games online and I have tried quite a few gaming websites. As far as the games loading problems, it's usually caused by computer settings and not Pogo. It sometimes helps to read the forums and get solutions there to problems with games loading. Keep up your great website, Pogo!

denisef12
12/27/14

I had a new computer. Games would not load. Froze in the middle of the games. I had been a member since 2005. I was aware of them charging your card even after you cancelled your membership. Although most would not like to do this, the day I cancelled my membership, I cancelled my credit card and applied for a new one as this card was not used very often.

aprils16
12/13/14

It used to be great, I loved using Pogo. We actually bought a yearly subscription at once, but now I wouldn't use this if it was given to me. I enjoy playing Scrabble with my wife and she found a coupon to get her first month almost free and she said it still wasn't worth the 2.00 that she had to pay for it. I cancelled my account after being a loyal customer for years, they charged me anyways and then went on a rollercoaster ride just to get the refund back. I was told first that it would go back on my card within 24 hours, that was a lie. I had to however get back in touch with their chat within those 24 hours with a ID number. I did that and got told the same information yet again. They kept asking me for an order number that I have yet to find to this day, either on CC website information or Pogo's site. When I finally got through to the guy in chat, and told him look there is no order number, he rushed me off the live chat. Still received no refund, so contacted them just tonight. I had to give last 4 digits of card info, login ID, zip code, birthday, country, and the last gem transaction??? I mean seriously? Shouldn't have the last 4 digits and birthday been enough? We don't ask for this much information where I work at to pass disclosure to work with health insurance records. I was told tonight that it would take 5-7 business days to receive a refund that was supposed to take less than 24 hours.....I will NEVER use Pogo again, I don't care if they switch to free games completely. I will give bad reviews to anyone that asks about them.
I didn't even get into the bugs that are in the site, having to reinstall and uninstall Java a thousand times, getting pop up blockers stopped and feeling like when you had to hold an antenna a certain way or you would lose a signal on TV. That is how I felt using their terrible service.

gregs67
11/16/14

Where to start? This website has more bugs than an entomologist convention. 1st off you can be playing poker and have a straigh flush and go "all in" and next thing you know the game freezes and you're booted out of the game. Some times you get booted as soon a you "sit down" at a table. Each time it costs 5,000 tokens. Even the ads trick you by saying that your player isn't working so they can install adware. This site is corrupt in the worst way. Some times I enter a game and instead of the game an ad appears and I can hear the game going on without me in the audio but can't see the game. I could write a book about how bad this site is. Don't go there. Don't recommend it. I used to love pogo for years then something changed about them. There used to be hundreds of poker player online at any given hour. Now, just a few. And many of them are running two computers under two different names so they can cheat at poker. Every thing freezes all the time.

alexp62
11/3/14

For 2 months EA and Pogo made negative changes to the Pogo Bowl. The result is many player to complaint about this. The EA did not respond to the request pogo bowl to become like it was before the changes. Many tournaments had stopped.

sp696
10/15/14

Beware of this site!!! If you join Pogo, you will still have to endure endless commercials between every 2nd or 3rd game. Once you pay, they have your credit card. You will be charged every year automatically. I cancelled my "membership" after only two months. Months later they charged my credit card. I challenged it but my my cc company upheld the charge because I did not have documented proof of cancelling, even tho Pogo could easily and clearly determine that I had not logged into their site for months. This company is unethical, crooked, and crappy. BEWARE!! Pogo is a rip off!

Tip for consumers: My best tip is, don't go there.

evano9
9/25/14

POGO SUCKS THERE ARE A BAD PLACE TO DEAL WITH THEY DONT CHANGE BANK ACC. AND COST YOU MORE MONEY THAN YOU NEED TO PAY POGO SUCKE WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET POGO TO USE AND CANCLE OUR CREDIT UNION ACC AND USE OUR BANK ACC AND THEY KEEP TAKING MONEY OUT OF OUR CREDIT UNION ACC AND ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS NOW OUR POGO ACC HAS COST US OVER $100.00 OVER THE POGO ACC DONT GO TO POGO
THEY SUCK AND DONT GIVE A $#*! ABOUT YOU, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY AND DONT CARE ABOUT YOU

Tip for consumers: THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND AFTER 6 MONTHS THEY DONT CARE IF IT COST YOU MORE MONEY TO USE THERE WEBSITE THERE IS NOONE THERE TO WORK FOR YOU THEY SUCK

bluer2
9/21/14

Notice how all the good reviews were from 2008? I've been trying to give them some money for a game purchase for 2 weeks. I joined their "super saver" last week and have been frustrated in purchasing a game. They are clearly inept! I WILL be questioning the charge on my credit card due to poor service.......actually, NO service!

jono8
9/15/14

I have never seen a site do so much maintenance, and it never does load the games right. Been on here for 4 years now.....? What does the word "maintenance" actually mean to these people? I actually find it humorous that players actually "pay" for this!! Probably just your run of the mill rich people I'm sure!!!

williamm66
8/11/14

these people are pirates. i caught a debit on my checking account 2 years after cancelling my subscription to stop them from auto-renewing my subsription. apparently they already took my money the year before, and surely would have banged my card every year until i died or changed my bank account. maybe even after i died. live chat is the only way i found to contact them, and they promised a refund if i let the (pending) transaction go through. these people are pirates i am shocked the united states allows people to do business like this. i am even more shocked electronic arts has their name on this. oh well at least i know whose products to boycott

noril
8/8/14

I can remember a time when the so-called 'intermissions' only happened between games of Scrabble. Now, thanks to a new regime that has succumbed to greed, the 'time-outs' occur every 4 minutes or so. They evidently want to frustrate you (call it what it is: bullying) with the interruptions, that you'll join their little 'club' just to stop the torture of the game being stopped every few words. I refuse to be intimidated and to pay for something that I've been brow beaten into. I don't play much any more. The site also has the bad habit of locking up my computer. Save your money. From what I've read of the other reviews, it ain't worth it!

catherinee4
7/16/14

I have been a member for 10 years. It was great until a few years ago it started going downhill. Now many of the games are broken and unplayable. There is NO customer service. My favorite game has been glitched for 10 months now, effects a large percent of players and get this-- POGO refuses to provide any kind of feedback or even acknowledges there is a problem. The game will not work and absolute silence from POGO for 10 months. Games freeze in play, points don't tally correctly, screens and windows only partially show or load, you have to change your computer setting to play some games and change back to play others. Sometimes you have to change browsers to play various games. Navigating the site has become more of a quagmire with each "improvement". Gaming challenges are simple- if you are willing to pay extra money, in the past these challenges were equal to all members. Its a shame that was once a successful enjoyable gaming site has sold out to greed.

better14
7/5/14

The parent company of Pogo, EA, has informed me that my Pogo account is "banned or suspended". This was apparently due to the fact I was a yearly member and come the renewal date, they could not process the credit card on file because that card had been cancelled by Chase Bank due to the Target Identity Theft situation of a few months ago. The Pogo site would not let me update the credit card info, there was some glitch on the pages that made that impossible. I contacted customer service about how to update my credit card info to renew my account, and I was sent a cut and paste non-answer to my question indicating that my account had been "banned or suspended". Well, since I could still log in and play games and since POGO was sending me daily emails about how they were trying to charge my credit card (an email from them that you could not reply to), I thought this was a mistake. Several more emails to "customer service" and I get the same cut and paste response. I was able to submit info via a PayPal account and Pogo charged me $39.99 for a renewed yearly subscription, but I am now informed once again that my account is "banned or suspended". I have now filed a complaint with the California Attorney General's Office. Pogo does not get to charge me a renewal fee and then turn around and tell me that my account is suspended. You don't get to collect a yearly subscription fee for a service you have no intention of providing. Their customer service is apparently outsourced to India for emails. I did find their corporate address in Redwood City in order to file the complaint with the Attorney General. I feel Pogo and EA are operating in bad faith and their various components do not know how to interact with each other, as one phone rep told me "no problem" straightening out my account and then I get another email stating my account has been "thoroughly reviewed" twice and the suspension will stand. No reason for a suspension and no answer to my request for a refund for the fee they took out last week.

paulw69
6/16/14

pogo sucks i have been a customer in good standing for 14 years and i have been temporarily suspended for reasons unknown

jimmym43
6/13/14

I like the games they offer, it's very fun, but some of the members leave a lot to be desired. I think a little step up on the moderator side would be a good thing for this site.

susanc66
5/9/14

I have been a member of this site since it began 12 or 13 years ago, never had a problem with it until it changed hands since then they have repeatedly stolen my money - I've paid for memberships which have been "lost" in their system. They bury their customer service info and when you finally DO find it you'll discover that you have to sign up for another sister site just to access it. Once you go through all of that and actually file your complaint they tell you they will look into it and then go on to just ignore you. I have already filed complaints with consumer protection but EA games doesn't care because they already have your money and people assume they are legit and still keep buying from them. All those cash prizes they offer? BOGUS all the winners are fictitious players and I have confirmed this firsthand with "winners". Every time someone joins the site EA gives itself a high five and laughs all the way to the bank.

donnar29
3/28/14

I have been a member of Club Pogo For years. I renewed my membership and began having problems with games I played EVERYDAY. I followed all the instructions on the HELP pages. I could not find any way to contact anyone to report the problem. I finally posted on the forum board and a supposed tech emailed instructions that I again followed to the letter. He than asked me to cut/paste/send to him the specs on my computer. I heard nothing back. There is no customer service to complain to. If I cancel my subscription I will not get any $$ back. I paid for services I cannot use. Club Pogo is a big Rip off. I am so dissatisfied and there is no way to get any help from Club Pogo

nanb2
3/10/14

This website has really gone bad, since it changed hands, IN uncensored rooms you could use MILD LANGUAGE/ Don't go into any Uncensored Room,!!!!!!! ppl use FILHTY LANGUAGE & I MEAN FILHTY !!! SEXUAL COMMENTS ABOUT PPLS PRIVATE PARTS,!!!!! YOU GET THE MESSAGE !!!!! These ppl doing this have been reported many many many many times & nothing has been done to stop it, they got the last of my money

mt33
2/15/14

The games are great WHEN they work. Everyday it is a new problem .Getting help is almost impossible. If you do manage to get through to someone they either don't understand what you are trying to tell them or just spit out the company line: It's your computer! I have spent hours trying resolve Java issues, screwed up my computer and had to install and uninstall so many times it is stupid!
If I could find another Scrabble game as good I would leave. It is hardly a pleasure playing on this site anymore with all the stupid changes that don't improve the game going on.

cheryle5
1/26/14

this pogo is nothing but a piece of garbage they update the java then half the games don;t work and then you keep getting plug ins and have to use the box in the top in order to play the games . they have changed regular scrabble so now that you can;t even get a new game . i will not be renewing my subscription next year have been on here almost 5 yrs its a waste of money since they don;t give a damn about how their games work and when it comes to fixing them they are the laziest in the world!!!

nancym27
12/2/13

I have been a customer for several years. What should be a good and fun experience is now annoying. Problems with games loading, if you complete offers to obtain points they never credit you then you have to contact "customer service". They are ignorant to their sponsors. I am actually just to discontinue my membership. Don't waste your money, time, effort or breath.

patb32
10/22/13

I spent months and endless hours of trying to load games in the Forum section,working with the moderator and (supposedly) the programmers/designers to try to fix issues I had with games after a new Java update - of course Java.
When my last post was ignored for over 10-days and a new Java update came up that now blocked the games I'd managed to play after the previous update I let them know how unhappy I was.
Their response was to lock me out of that forum feed and tell me that it seemed that all I wanted to do was vent and that was not the place for it.
My response was to cancel my membership.
They are all about making money and nothing about providing service.
Oh, and, of course, it's all Java's fault. Certainly couldn't be the people who design their games and absolutely have to play with every new bell and whistle that comes along whether it works or not...

yartsag
10/16/13

They've been sneaking Ad times up in the last two months. Originally it was 30 second Ad for first game and then 30 for consecutive. Then they inched it up to 35 for first and 30 for consecutive. Now today I note it is an incredible 40 seconds for the first Ad,

I'm finished with Pogo. If you're a super good player you get three uninterrupted games ... occasionally four. The Ad is repetitive and far too LONG. I wouldn't buy any of the products because I'm so angered by the Ads. And Pogo's free trial was interrupted with silly pop-up messages. Big FAIL.

judyj8
10/15/13

After 13 years it's time to say good-bye POGO. None of your games load anymore. No it is not my computer, at first I thought but just look at the complaints!! Your player numbers are dwindling fast. Thanks or the good years but I have had it with you!!!!!!!!!

bobs101
9/16/13

pogo has the poorest abuse enforcement in cyberspace.the site is infested with hackers and mal-software users. keep your money in your pocket and play free. even so you will be harassed daily by some fashion or form of corruption on this site

loganm31
7/14/13

Absolutely horrible customer service.If you email them you just get an automated response so you have to call or live chat. Live chat takes about 45 minutes to connect & then they just sit there for like another hour not telling you anything that is going on.I will never play on this site again & i have been a member for over 9 years. Please dont waste your money. From what i have heard they dont pay out their jp winnings either

physhels
6/19/13

I have been a member for almost 10 years. 3 weeks ago my credit card got hacked.. I went into all the places I used it and deleted it. I was issued a new one, went in to add a new card to Pog and they refused it. My husband tried his 3 cards, all refused. I still had weeks left on my Pogo account. try to contact this company, its impossible. Emailing is out of the question and forget their Pogo email Help, that is ridiculous. So here I am 10 years into this site, and now with 3 weeks left, suddenly I can't renew or entire any credit card. Save your 40 bucks people, if the site has no customer service, don't waste your time...............

sperrys
6/1/13

Pogo is in the business of making money. Period. Electronic Arts supported the site by placing ads between games or rounds of games. Perfectly understandable and acceptable.

Now, they stop the game every 2-3 minutes of gameplay and run a 15-30 second ad. Suffice it to say this breaks the flow of the game making it unpleasant at best and unplayable at worst.

gregoris
4/26/13

Play Chess, Checkers, card games, or work Crosswords online at Pogo.com, a free website maintained by Electronic Arts!

diandraf
3/23/13

I was once addicted to them, but then they started placing adds DURING each game. I am now looking for a new site to play on. I shouldn't need an 'intermission' while playing a game. absolutely ridiculous!

soniah1
3/2/13

I have been a member for 9 1/2 years and there are always issues with the java or applets or connecting to server. I do not reccomend this website.

ag411
3/1/13

Two years ago I set up a free pogo.com profile but never subscribed or played. Recently I discovered my username and email had been hacked. I have tried for days to have someone remove my user info from Pogo's servers, which is technically not difficult or labor intensive. All links and contact information provided lead in circles or nowhere at all. Two of my emails were acknowledge dbut help was refused and I referred again to the same broken links. Pogo is complicit in the fraud, by refusing to assist in resolving a privacy/security issue of one of their patrons. Total disregard! Appalling!

kf11
1/21/13

It takes me more time to actually get a game to start up (Due to their JAVA issue) than it does to play! Very frustrating! I have the correct JAVA but they keep telling me that I don't. And we pay for this!!!! Trying to find someone to contact is like trying to break into Fort Knox. I have been a member for 6 years....I will most likely NOT renew.

judyp7
1/10/13

I had two accounts that were hacked. contacted pogo support numerous times with no luck. they refused to refund my money. they told me that they have plenty of what they call pals that monitor the rooms, this is so not true. In my 5 years of playing different games and rooms did not ever see one of these so called monitors. something needs to be done, about this because all they care about is taking your money

shawnc7
12/15/12

too many trolls and hackers, games are buggy and crash frequently, price keeps going up, no ability to directly contact tech support... DO NOT EVER VISIT!

jillannb
12/3/12

YEP I AM ADDICTED LOL GOTTA WIN THEM BADGES!!!!

nascarmoms
7/31/12

I love Pogo.com. I've been using this site off and on for about 9 years or so. My son also likes playing the games. There is a very large variety of games to choose from.
One thing that can be pretty annoying is the ads in between the games with the free sign up membership. If you buy the Club Pogo membership you don't have to deal with the ads, and you also get access to games that are exclusive to Club Pogo accounts. I have had both memberships before and Club Pogo is definitely much better. You can also turn in coke rewards codes on Coke's website towards and get a free Club Pogo membership that way.
You also can complete tasks for badges, earn tokens to buy virtual things and dress up your profile person. I personally don't utilize any of these things, but my son does and loves it.
Bottom line for me is it's not a bad way to kill a little time when you feel like it.

judyz1
7/10/12

have played for quite a few years and then I bought a new Apple computer Now I want my money back because I can not play any of my badges. They do not seem to care or response back. I am looking for another websight.

noo12
5/28/12

The new Pogo embedded game formats look horrible and won't load at all for a lot of their customers. Their customer service is somewhere between the worst ever and nonexistent. The parent company, EA, wasn't voted 'Worst Company in America' this year for no reason. They're losing customers over a format people hate, and instead of admitting they made a mistake, they ignore customers and/or treat them like crap. While all of the problems with their new format have been going on literally for months now, EA/Pogo continues to defraud many of their customers by continuing to collect yearly fees or refusing refunds for a service they can no longer provide because they can't get the things to work despite assurances that they were 'working on it' which might have been believed when they first reported that months ago--by now it's apparent they can't fix the problems with the new format and that they have absolutely no regard for their customers at all.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Pogo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is there any way to make the online Monopoly more difficult? I find the computers are too easy to beat, even when I'm playing three in tycoon mode.
13 hours ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Pogo staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Pogo?